Browse Collaboard Reviews

Edward from Centro GEN

Let your creativitiy flow with Collaboard

For what it offers, it is really good and very handy... I know there are still a lot of things that can be improved but as of now, it is really very useful for me... I use it for making diagrams and taking notes... Illustrating is a breeze with collaboard.

Pros

I like collaboard because it is very easy to use, I didn't have a hard time understanding it right away when I first used it. It is also very convenient since it is cloud-based, I can access my boards anytime as well as share access to my clients and friends. Making mind-maps, illustrations, userflows, UX flows can be done with more flexibility in Collaboard.

Cons

Sometimes it is kinda slow in loading media like images... Also there's no way to embed external media...would really be nice if you could embed scripts or iframes...

Reasons for Choosing Collaboard

Colloaboard has more freedome in designing your mindmaps and illustration, it just fits to the my use cases.

Reasons for Switching to Collaboard

I wanted to make life easier and it seems that collaboard was able to meet my needs.

Response from IBV Solutions

Replied May 2021

Dear Edward, thank you for your positive feedback. For your information, there is an "embed" feature in Collaboard where you can insert iFrame Code or Website-url. It is in the left menu at the end. You can find more information about how to do it at https://help.collaboard.app/how-do-i-embed-iframes-and-other-applications-in-collaboard. Best regards, The Collaboard Team

Rafa¿ from Wykorzystajto.pl

Bye bye Mural, hello Collaboard

It is a great alternative for Mural (used before). You love it if you want to explain or create models/schemes. Must have for marketing/software if you want to be clear for customer when describing proces or function.

Pros

+ Great price to functionality ratio. + In most cases it is easy for learn and use (with one major issue). + A lot of pre-defined templates that you can use (or inspire) + Sharing option via link (non-registered) or closed group (registered collaboration) + Presentation mode (with timer if needed) + Integration with Zoom meeting + Grid with "snap to grid" mode when editing + adding videos from Youtube

Cons

- no possibility to save and load "pre-sets" like colours, fonts etc - I have to select all options everytime or create one object and then copy it as a "preset" for others. It should have a "bin" with presets and thanks to that I could select something that is previously configured (like Red memo stick with Roboto italic font)

Reasons for Switching to Collaboard

Much cheaper than Mural with functions that I need.

Response from IBV Solutions

Replied May 2021

Hi Rafa?, Thank you very much for your review and for your feedback. Did you know that you can use standard settings for fonts, colors, cards, and connectors? This might solve one of your issues. Please have a look here: https://help.collaboard.app/how-to-use-default-settings Kind regards, The Collaboard Team

Alejandro from Guionlab

Industry: Writing and Editing

The poorest execution of a great idea

Overall, it has been a horrible experience. I think they should mature their product. It has a lot of glitches. Also, the UI is awful. I don't really care about that, my primary concern is with function ability, and I think that's collaboard main issue. I really wanted this to work for me, but unfortunately is an inferior product.

Pros

This software was supposed to be amazing. The infinite board feature, and the capabilities to embed entire webpages or videos for example are remarkable. The idea is that you can use it as a virtual and infinite board of ideas. You can share it with students, so the tutorials becomes very instructive.

Cons

The problem is that it is poorly executed. Collaboard is in a very early stage of development. I don't know if they were ready to launch. You can't write in the board, because there is some horrible lagging in the system, so your words came out as weird lines. If you try to group a set of elements, it disappears, so you lose all of your content. Then, if you write to support, they insinuate it's your laptops fault (even when I provided proof that a similar app was working just fine). Which is weird because I can run very modern games in it, and also other virtual boards like aww app. They tell you they are in shock (for the content loss) and that they are going to see the problem right away. But you never hear from them again. Also, they take 2 weeks to respond and then tell you that your mail magically has gone to spam. (I believed them the first time).

For the price

Response from IBV Solutions

Replied February 2021

Hello Alejandro, we are sorry to hear that you faced some difficulties working with Collaboard. We are investigating your case. Normally people do not face the issues you describe, so this must be something very specific.

Andreas from mind-works

Starke App aus Europa

Pros

Collaboard ist eine sehr intuitiv zu benutzende Software. Die meisten Funktionen erklären sich von selbst. Und wenn nicht, dann helfen die vielen Videos auf der Homepage weiter.

Cons

Einen großen Nachteil habe ich noch nicht bemerkt.

Reasons for Choosing Collaboard

Vor allem die Möglichkeit, dass man gezielt Inhalte in eine Abstimmung einbeziehen kann und nicht nur eine globale Abstimmung für alle Inhalte starten kann ist für mich ein echter Vorteil der App!

Response from IBV Solutions

Replied May 2021

Dear Andreas, thank you very much for your positive feedback. We are glad that you find our software very intuitive to use, this is a major point for us. Best regards, The Collaboard Team

Fraser from Advertising ROI

Great for explainer content

I enjoy using it. Top tip: put the icons that you use most often at the top of the page for ease of access and this can be hidden if you are videoing an area of the canvas

Pros

Easy of use and variety of options to present with make it a great choice. Everything is drag and click easy. Lots of icons and I love the post it note styles.

Cons

There are really not many cons - the only comment would be that the UI and interface looks a bit dated but to be honest it doesn't matter.

Reasons for Switching to Collaboard

I didn't so much move away from using mindmaps but Collaboard has a lot more creative potential to teach from than a mindmap so in this use case Collaboard is better.

Response from IBV Solutions

Replied June 2021

Dear Fraser, thank you very much for your positive feedback and your top tip about the icons. Best regards, The Collaboard Team

Hans from Brainfulness.institute

Endless use cases for trainers, coaches and thought leaders

I use Collaboard in numerous ways: - during online events for assignments. Sometimes for 1 person (each person gets a separate link) or in breakout rooms (each breakout room receives its own link, participants can work together on the same board). - As an online assessment before a coaching call - I've converted some of my tools into an online game where participants can draw cards, make moves, etcetera. - I use it for mind mapping - I use it for card-sorting - I use if for notetaking / summarizing

Pros

Collaboard is very easy to use and almost has no learning curve. That's necessary for making impact with the tool, because more often than not you share your board with particpants the have never worked with it. The product works smoothly and is very intuitive. When you think a out of the box, then the possibilities are endless: online games, assesments etcetera.

Cons

I would love to see more 'linkability' between the different elements on a board. You sort of can add links which come together in a quick menu, but I want to link directly to other elements so data you build in navigation. Maybe it's my fault, but what I don't like is that the font size on a yellow note changes (becomes smaller) if you add more text. I would love to see the option of a fixed font size so that in case you have several notes they all look and feel the same. You can embed websites etc. I sometimes embed Notejoy (a digital notebook) into a Collaboard. This works fine if I am already logged in into Notejoy, but I have to enter my credentials if not. It would be nice if I could add username and password to an embedded object so it always logs in automatically.

Price and ease of use.

Response from IBV Solutions

Replied June 2021

Hello Hans, Thank you very much for your 5-star review and we are super happy that you like Collaboard. We are working on a linking feature. You will find it on our roadmap as one of the next things we are going to release. On the notes, you are able to choose a fixed size. You can do this via the default settings for example https://help.collaboard.app/how-to-use-default-settings Thank you for the idea to optimize the embed feature. Will will think about that. Kind regards, The Collaboard Team

Raul from Nammu - Comercio Electrónico

Improve your learning speed with images

The experience was good. The design and colors of the site are fresh and appealing. Swiss made product. I personally found it very useful to memorize legislation for some examinations that I had to take. The easy to add pictures and drawing into the board allowed me to speed the process of creating the boards. And I noticed that the ideas that I created stayed in my mind much longer than with other methods. And the reviewing process was very fast. With a few seconds looking into the board, I could remember a lot. So I added it into my daily routine.

Pros

The results are amazing. Few techniques can improve that much the speed to create, memorize and share ideas. It is an easy to use board, where you can create "visual ideas'' that stick to the mind and allow the thinking process much faster than doing it with words. The brain understands images and stories, so it's good to work this way.

Cons

It is a relatively new product. There are always little details to improve. At the same times, at the beginning, until I could not create a "workflow" with it, I would not really figure out my user case. Also, moving other team mates to work into something new, may be tricky.

Response from IBV Solutions

Replied May 2021

Dear Raul, thank you very much for your positive feedback. We appreciate that Collaboard became part of your daily routine. We agree that moving others to a new tool is not always easy. Therefore we provide you with tips and best practices (e.g. onboarding new users) in our blog posts, see https://www.collaboard.app/en/blog. Best regards, The Collaboard Team

Kaushal from XENRION

Perfect Place To Collaborate

Software is the perfect companion for 1) Brainstorming & Ideating ideas. 2) Using Whiteboard during Zoom meetings where you can use interactive whiteboard 3) Stick note to dump all idea 4) Story boarding. Collaboard is a really good tool and deserves more praise than it is getting. The simplicity of the the board makes it intuitive, which only benefits its users.

Pros

CollaborBoard is the perfect tool for those who want a high-end professional feel with their presentations or meetings. With CollaborBoard's easy-to use drag n drop interface, it's never been easier to create something that will be memorable interactive during webinars presentation. Collaboard is a perfect place to create and share ideas related to website design projects, all in one simple location.

Cons

The UI/ UX of the Collaboard software is not the best out there. It is still buggy in places. The zoom experience in Mac is not great. Hopefully it will be improved soon. There are no folder structures

Response from IBV Solutions

Replied May 2021

Dear Kaushal, thank you very much for your detailed positive review. We are glad that you appreciate our software. Concerning your improvement suggestions, we are working continuously to improve the user experience. We suggest you check out our public roadmap to see what is coming soon. You can also put your requests there and vote for your favorites. Here is the link for the roadmap: https://www.collaboard.app/roadmap Best regards, The Collaboard Team

Yvo from Didaktische Reduktion

Digitale Pinnwand für kollaboratives Arbeiten in der Erwachsenenbildung

Im Vergleich zu allen bisher eingesetzten digitalen Pinnwänden sticht Collaboard hinaus. Darum ist es die Pinnwand, die ich allen meinen Trainerkolleg*innen und allen in der Erwachsenenbildung Tätigen empfehle.

Pros

Lehrgänge und Trainings führe ich seit vielen Monaten u. a. mit Zoom durch. Dort erlebte ich, dass Studierende sich rasch auf Collaboard zurechtfinden und die grundlegenden Funktionen (Karten generieren, Karten platzieren, bestehende Karten kommentieren) einsetzen können.

Cons

Für mich als Trainer ist es inzwischen einfach, eine Aufgabe mit einem Set von Übertiteln und vorbereitenden Karten ansprechend und einladend anzulegen. So, dass die Studierenden sofort loslegen können. Wenn Studierende neu auf der Pinnwand sind, brauchen sie dazu Anleitung und etwas mehr Zeit.

Response from IBV Solutions

Replied June 2021

Dear Yvo, thank you for your positive feedback. We are glad that Collaboard supports you in your training and other courses. We agree that you should reserve some time for new students to introduce them to Collaboard, e.g. with ice-breaker exercises. Best regards, The Collaboard Team

Rohit from Getting You Rich

Amazingly Easy Software

Very happy with this quick, to the point, software. Have been referring to this for many project plans I have made here. Very good experience & we are happy.

Pros

Many ready to use templates are available. Liked the Mind Map template in particular. Very easy to use software, very quick. Features like notes, line, text box are very useful.

Cons

Graphical interface is nice but green color usage can be reduced. Additional features can be included in MindMap like leading mindmap software companies.

Reasons for Switching to Collaboard

Ayoa is working out very expensive

Response from IBV Solutions

Replied May 2021

Dear Rohit, thank you very much for your positive feedback. We are glad that you find our software very useful. For additional features, you can add your ideas in our public roadmap at https://www.collaboard.app/roadmap. Best regards, The Collaboard Team

Stefan from Marketing macht Frisch!

Much value for your money

I used it with smal and large teams, i did brainstormings and whole-day workshops with it - every size of group worked well. It took very little time to accommodate the users and participants to collaboard and they quickly were able to work creative with this nice tool.

Pros

I really like the speed with which the developpers are improving the software. I baught it about 8 months ago and even in this few months there were tons of things that improved or were added newly. Great!

Cons

Compared to other online whiteboards like Mural and MIro (especially this one) the (colour) design of the ux is a bit old fashioned - but that is just my opninion and does not harm the funcionality!

Reasons for Choosing Collaboard

I got it for a really valuable price.

Mainly the price, second

Response from IBV Solutions

Replied May 2021

Dear Stefan, thank you very much for your positive feedback. We are glad that you are already using Collaboard for a while and enjoy the continuous development. Color Design is always a question of taste and we get mixed feedback on it. Best regards, The Collaboard Team

Drew from HUDGE MEDIA, LLC

Finally, a digital version of the whiteboard in my home office, that I can share much easier

Collaboard is now my chosen go-to tool for mapping out my ideas for my own courses and programs as well as my clients. I also love that I can invite my client into the board as a collaborator. ... All of that, and I can be a note hoarder with my real physical whiteboard at home (and procrastinate having to clear it off)

Pros

I was commissioned to put together and launch a course. With a ton of ideas swirling around in my head, it can be really difficult to clarify them and get them straight and begin to piece them in a sequence that makes sense. Collaboard is the only tool I know that comes as close as possible to the whiteboard in my home office. I could add as many sticky notes as I wanted to, sketch out any additional info around them and connect lines and threads to the relevant topics. Without it, I don't know how much longer it would've been before I sat down and successfully got past my brain dumping hurdle

Cons

Sometimes I notice a little bit of lethargic when duplicating notes. I also use a tablet and stylus (on my computer; I'm not talking about an iPad) and I never quite figured out how to turn off the setting that tries to automatically recognize that I have a stylus in my hand (and switches to a draw mode)

Reasons for Choosing Collaboard

I have been eager to find a great white board replacement that would FEEL fantastic, especially on a large screen— and something that made it easy to collaborate with clients.

Reasons for Switching to Collaboard

At first, I wasn't too sure of the sticky notes, because they are the default item that one adds to their digital whiteboard. But as I gave it a shot and used it more and more, they made perfect sense. I especially loved how I could color-code a sticky note with two clicks. It kept me on track as far as easy visual communication to what I had already accomplished and what I had yet to do.

Response from IBV Solutions

Replied May 2021

Hi Drew, Thank you very much for your feedback and your review. There is a setting where you can disable the auto-detect of your active pen: https://help.collaboard.app/how-to-use-the-pen-with-collaboard Kind regards, The Collaboard Team

Stuart from Stuart Bruce Associates

Industry: Public Relations and Communications

Effective whiteboarding

A cost effective tool to enable me to use whiteboards just as easily as if we were doing it in the room.

Pros

It is easy to get started to create whiteboards and start using them. One benefit is how easy it is to create whiteboards when I am running training courses that I can then invite my delegates to use. Unlike some others I looked at it was allowed when some delegates were blocked from using some outside sites.

Cons

The mind mapping could be better, but I didn't buy it as mindmapping software so that feature isn't essential and is more of a free bonus to the whiteboard.

Reasons for Choosing Collaboard

Cost and the fact it wasn't blocked by one of my clients.

Response from IBV Solutions

Replied May 2021

Dear Stuart, thank you very much for your feedback. We are glad that you appreciate the application for online workshops, as we have created the facilitator tools to make a trainer's life easier. It is great that you are pointing out the possibility to add outside users like customers as guests quickly to the board, event without registration. Best regards, The Collaboard Team

Dan from LITEPOINT

Industry: Consumer Electronics

Not your everyday whiteboard!

The times that I've used this, I found it easy, intuitive, and a stable product to use. All features worked as listed!

Pros

I was really skeptical about getting an online whiteboard product, but what pushed me off the fence, was the fact that this product offers so many features! The fact that multiple people can add, edit, and comment on the same area of space is amazing. Adding post-it notes, images and other media is a snap, and very easy to do. I like the fact that the space can grow, as required, and that you're not limited to a set size or area to work in. Would like to see more tablet user functionality in future versions, but a great tool that a group of two, or ten can use.

Cons

Would like to see more mobile phone and tablet functionality.

Reasons for Choosing Collaboard

This offered dynamic work space size, and the ability to add various media to anywhere I wanted.

Response from IBV Solutions

Replied May 2021

Dear Dan, thank you very much for your very positive feedback. It is great that you appreciate all the features of Collaboard. About your request to add more functionalities for tablets and mobile phones, we recommend placing this feedback in our public roadmap at https://www.collaboard.app/roadmap. We continuously implement the most popular features. Best regards, The Collaboard Team

Michelle from Junge Grüne Partei

Industry: Political Organization

Great software for teamwork!

I'm always surprised by how many use cases CollaBoard provides. Not only are they continuously adding new templates, but also by getting creative on your own. Within our team, we use it a lot for brainstorming for our projects and it works perfectly, as everybody can access it afterwards.

Pros

I really like how easy to use it is. As a marketing assistant I get to work with Photoshop and other Adobe Software, where you have endless possibilities, but it takes you ages to learn them properly. With CollaBoard, you get used to it in less than one hour! Not only is it user-friendly, but also perfectly made for any kind of teamwork, workshops or brainstorming sessions on your own. The templates are very useful if you have no idea where to start, or to digitize conventional workshops.

Cons

As it is not a big company like Microsoft, there are sometimes bugs in the software, especially if there is a new release. But by simply talking to the company, they will fix it within no time and also, they are very customer-friendly.

Tamara from White Chili Pepper

The new way of working

I'm working from all over the world and CollaBoard is the perfect software to meet my colleagues virtual and work on the same documents from different places. All our documents are at the same place, in one CollaBoard project. Ready to adjust whenever, wherever or whoever. Great app for remote workers!

Pros

CollaBoard is easy to learn. In a few minutes you already know how to use it.

Cons

There is nothing I don't like. Probably there are some features I don't need. But this is just my case.

Laura from Libero professionista

The best collaboration tool

There are two principal reasons if I have decide to promote CollaBoard in my job. First: CollaBoard is a natural evolution of collaborate in this history moment. Second: the versatility of CollaBoard in every business context whit concrete results by everyone.

Pros

The software is very easy and intuitive! The most thing that I love is the totally freedom of expression my self and in the same time, if you need, you have some template or example like guide your work. For me the best way to collaborate.

Cons

Sometimes the software slow down, when you have a lot of elements in the project.

Soma from Freelancer

Soma's review

I like Collaboard, because I got a lifetime deal on Appsumo. I mostly used for ideations, mind mapping and collecting ideas. It is really useful for workshops too.

Pros

I think the endless artboard is really helpful for big mind maps. I also like the Presentation and Facilitator features and that I can embed videos and pdf files too.

Cons

I have concern about the UI design. It looks like a little bit outdated. I also hate the zooming. It shouldn't be on mouse scroll. I think CMD + scrolling would be much better.

Reasons for Choosing Collaboard

I got a lifetime deal on Appsumo

Michael from IBV Informatik AG

It is cool to use ink, touch and voice commands to work with my team together.

Pros

I really like to create large sticky notes and use them to write down thoughts and share them with my team mates . The most impressive feature to me is the search, where I can launch directly in the app an external application like Bing Maps, take screenshots out of it and ink on them. Anything I do can be seen by my team mates in real-time, what helps us a lot in meetings where not all people are in the same meeting room. I work a lot with OneNote and I really like to copy my ink from OneNote to CollaBoard and continue working on this ink and co-work on this with my friends. On our Surface Hub we use the multi-user capability and I like to co-create on the same device.

Cons

The licensing process is not that smooth and the license key is really long. There is not really a feature that I do not like, but some more features would be nice.

Response from IBV Solutions

Replied May 2017

Thank you for taking the time to review CollaBoard. We will definitely keep your comments and feedback into consideration. Enjoy it and feel free to contact us anytime,

Good Online Whiteboard Solution in Making

I have been using Collaboard since Feb mainly for small brainstorming sessions. Preparing MoodBoards, Structured Workshops. Team is improving each month but still there are bugs that need to be fixed. Overall team is responsive and takes feedback.

Pros

- Does what it advertises ( Can do Virtual Brainstorming and add different kind of Media on Whiteboard) - Timing Feature for setting time for a given Activity in a Workshop. - UI is white and clean ( though not modern) - The infinite White Board serves as Brain Dump Feature and also i can add different media which is not possible in Google Jamboard

Cons

- More Buggy after Releases - Slow in Duplicating Notes / Post its - Does give Surprises at times in terms of elements on the board - Missing Tables Feature - Mindmapping needs to be Improved

Relatively Cheaper and Scope to be in the likes of Miro and Mural

Sophie from Paixon GmbH

Everything perfect - Very high user experience - Amazing for workshops.

I prefer doing my customer workshops with CollaBoard. Mostly I do chatbot workshops. Thanks to collaborad I can do the workshop from whereever I want and my clients can join from whereever they want. Location Independent. And I am always impressed that also people who are no digital-natives enjoy working with collabard.

Pros

I am very impressed by the user experience.

Cons

Sometimes I miss more templates. Although they have already integrated different templates, like business canvas etc.

Franco from cbsolution

Indispensable add-on for remote meetings

I was looking for something like Collaboard for a long time. Today almost all meetings are remote and online. When meetings were physical we had flip-charts and white board that we used to transmit ideas to the audience. This was something that I was really missing in remote meetings. I considered using drawing tools, but they target cosmetic detail and are too “slow” to be used “live”. Presentation software, on the other side, require preparation and imposes a rigid structure that will hardly match the actual interactive dynamic. When I was offered Collaboard I spotted that it could be exactly what I was looking for. I was later surprised with features that make it quite better than a traditional whiteboard: (1) infinite size. You are not limited by whiteboard borders: place and reorder the items interactively. (2) move and zoom in-out interactively to catch your audience attention. (3) drop in the dashboard many different media types, including movies, PDF and (important to me) SVG. I export SVG lot of diagrams (tree-maps, sequence, use-case, class, wire-frame, … ) to SVG and assemble a presentation in few minutes. I do not use native Collaboard sharing? Honestly I never tried it. I share Collaboard window with the audience that is already handy with the tool they use. After conclusion I aharee the Collaboard link.

Pros

Ease of use navigating in a virtual whiteboard.

Cons

The only thing I am missing (maybe I do not know how to do) is something emulating a laser pointer or a light beam to catch attention.

Giuseppe from BitForFun ltd

Great collaboration software

Working with ink and touch provides a more stimulated environment to people to be creative, discursive and provides the possibility to communicate more visual over distance than in a chat based collaborative solution. CollaBoard is somehow the next evolution of collaboration.

Pros

CollaBoard provides an app like experience and an easy and more natural way to collaborate

Cons

Only for Windows, but they told me iOS and Android will be released before summer

Rogerio from Esphyral

Awesome collaboration tool for post covid era

I really recommend this tool. It is a wonderful platform that helps a lot in my projects. I use map mind features. It helps me to prepare a presentation. There are infinite possibilities to use this incredible web app.

Pros

Collaboard is a white board platform that helps a lot nowadays. It permits real time collaboration boards to discuss and elaborate projects. The interface is intuitive and easy to learn.

Cons

When starting a new project. There are templates to facilitate starting your project. It helps a lot. The number of templates at this moment is a little short. It would be nice to have a bigger number of templates.

Response from IBV Solutions

Replied May 2021

Dear Rogerio, thank you very much for your valuable feedback. We are glad that you appreciate the intuitive interface as it is very important to us. Concerning the templates, recently there was an update on the template features and also new templates were added. Be sure we will continuously enhance them further. Best regards, The Collaboard Team

Adam from Follow The Walls Ltd

Great Value Miro Alternative

I'm still really pleased with Collaboard and excited about how the product will continue to develop (as they've relatively recently released some functionality which definitely brings it closer to the competition). For me, it's not quite Miro yet, hence the 4 stars, but it's also not at Miro pricing, so I'm happy with the value and excited about where it will get to. Keep up the good work guys.

Pros

All the basics of any whiteboard/collaboration tool - great to get the wider team to all work on a single space, easily collect ideas and (where we've put the work in ahead) to walk them through a journey and comment/draw/add stickies and thoughts.

Cons

Having used Miro through work it's just not as fluid/intuitive in its use (though I've seen the videos where they're showing it at top speed, so I expect this is just about using it more and becoming more au fait with the layout/options)

Cost

Response from IBV Solutions

Replied May 2021

Dear Adam, thank you very much for your feedback. Sometimes it takes a bit to get familiar with a new tool. You already watched some videos, perhaps you would like to join our upcoming free webinars in June. You can find all information at https://www.collaboard.app/en/events. Be sure we will keep working on further developments. Have a look at our roadmap (https://www.collaboard.app/roadmap) to see what is coming next. You can also vote for your favorites. Best regards, The Collaboard Team

Flavian from CFP

Collaboard helps team creatively & visually collaborate remotely

Collaboration is about solving problems in creative ways with teams. The tool succeeds by offering templates that visually help our remote team solve problems in a creative manner using easy-to-use technology. The main goal of any collaboration tool is to make it easy to get ideas out in the open and brainstorm quickly. Collaboard helps us achieve this.

Pros

Our team can collaborate easily in a visual and fast manner. We can get creative faster and arrive at solutions that matter to the team.

Cons

I would be nice if a future version supported more accurate and faster handwriting.

Response from IBV Solutions

Replied May 2021

Dear Flavian, thank you very much for your positive feedback. It is great that Collaboard eases your team collaboration, this is what we strive for. If you would like to see a future version of the digital pen functionality, then I suggest you put your feedback in our public roadmap at https://www.collaboard.app/roadmap. Best regards, The Collaboard Team

Riccardo from BitForFun

Collaboard - the new way to Collaborate with collegues

Today’s digital meetings look always like that that someone is presenting content on a PowerPoint slide and others are listening or discussing. CollaBoard drives the engagement in meetings as people can interact with different kind of content in real-time.

Pros

Meetings are expensive as time of more than one person is spent for the meeting. With CollaBoard remote meetings can become: shorter more effective more efficient

Cons

The canvas is not infinite (even if it’s very very big)

Daily driver for entrepreneurs - to generate and communicate ideas

I use collaboard to create mindmaps. It helps me think and put the ideas on an infinite canvas. Its infinite canvas helps you think boundaryless, out of the box! I use it to create explainer videos by recording the screen.

Pros

Collaboard is intuitive and pleasant to use. You can quickly get started with the pre-built, thoughtful templates. There are well-designed templates for every use case, from brainstorming, idea generation to presentation. You can easily add members to collaborate with you on a project.

Cons

I didn't like the brand colors, though it's a personal matter of taste.

Response from IBV Solutions

Replied May 2021

Thank you very much for your very positive review. We are glad to hear that the start is easy and quick, this was also one of our objectives in the development.

Martin from Studienseminar BBS Trier

Performance von Collaboard

Ein konzeptionell sehr gutes System, das die kreative Zusammenarbeit von Teams sehr gut unterstützen kann, dessen Performanceschwäche aber bei über 8-10 parallelen Nutzer*innen störend ist.

Pros

Der Funktionsumfang und die Usability von Collaboard sind gut bis sehr gut. Es macht Freude mit dem System zu arbeiten. Die Abläufe sind flüssig und weitgehend intuitiv. Das visuelle Erscheinungsbild macht Lust auf die Arbeit mit dem Tool.

Cons

Gerade das kollaborative Arbeiten, der zentrale Nutzen des Systems gerät bei über 8-10 parallel arbeitenden Anwendern*innen ins Stocken. Das vergällt die Freude an der Zusammenarbeit z.t. sehr. Wir verwenden Collaboard nicht nur für die gemeinsame Arbeit, sondern auch für die Darstellung von komplexen Zusammenhängen als Information. Leider sind Filme für Nutzer*innen, die nur Leserechte haben nicht zu sehen. Das schränkt den Nutzen etwas ein.

Reasons for Choosing Collaboard

Der Funktionsumfang ist größer und erweitert das Anwendungsspektrum im kreativen Bereich passend. Der geringe Aufwand bei der Einbindung von multimedialen Inhalten, insbesondere das direkte Filmen über die Webcam, macht das arbeiten mit Collaboard produktiv und effizient. Der Workflow ist sehr intuitiv und die Einarbeitung der Mitarbeiter*innen fällt kurz aus.

Response from IBV Solutions

Replied May 2021

Hallo Martin, vielen Dank fur Deinen Review und es freut uns, dass Du Collaboard fur Dein Seminar einsetzt. Wir haben die Performance von Collaboard erhoht und das Zusammenarbeiten in Echtzeit funktioniert nun viel flussiger. Wir verstehen den Wunsch Videos auch abspielen zu konnen, wenn jemand nur Viewer-Rechte hat. Das ist eine gute Idee und wir haben diese in unsere Roadmap aufgenommen. Vielen Dank dafur. Beste Grusse Das Collaboard Team

Ian from Funnamics

Great intuitive software that does exactly what is says

We are using Collaboard as a tool when facilitating online training sessions and virtual team building. Our next step will be to intergrate it with the other tools we also use.

Pros

Collaboard was easy to implement and is user friendly for the guests that we facilitate training sessions for. It definately ticks all the boxes for our needs.

Cons

I cant think of any cons that jump out.

Reasons for Choosing Collaboard

Collaboard had good feedback and the pricing was competitive on an appsumo deal.

Response from IBV Solutions

Replied May 2021

Dear Ian, thank you very much for your positive feedback. We are glad that you are using our online whiteboard software for facilitating online training sessions and virtual team building. Best regards, The Collaboard Team

Terence from Shaw Organisation

Lots of potential but still needs work

Pros

Easy to start using and sharing the screen with other team users. Good set of tools

Cons

The iPad app is a pain to use, you have to log in every time you turn on the app. And feels neglected with little updates since it was out.

Response from IBV Solutions

Replied June 2021

Dear Terence, thank you for your feedback. We are glad that you appreciate our tools. Concerning the iPad app, there is some good news for you: there was an update on Monday which should make the experience easier for you. Best regards, The Collaboard Team

Tiziano from MEX

Industry: Online Media

Great collaboration tool

A great board for remote working and have meeting with clients.

Pros

It's always updated with new features and templates.

Cons

The User interface could be a little bit improved.

Response from IBV Solutions

Replied May 2021

Dear Tiziano, thank you very much for your positive feedback. We are glad, that you appreciate Collaboard as a great collaboration tool for remote working and meeting with clients. If you would like to write us more about the User Interface improvements you are thinking of, then please go to our public roadmap at https://www.collaboard.app/roadmap and submit your feedback. Best regards, The Collaboard Team

Nathalie from Muckle Media

We love collaboard

Great at helping us collaborate as a team in real time.

Pros

Collaboard has really helped up to collaborate as a creative team during the lockdown.

Cons

Sometimes it's easy to pick up objects without wanting to.

collaborative

Response from IBV Solutions

Replied May 2021

Dear Nathalie, thank you very much for your feedback. We are aware of the fact, that sometimes objects get moved without wanting. For important objects, we recommend locking them. If you don't know how to do it, here are the details: https://help.collaboard.app/how-ot-lock-and-unlock-objects-in-collaboard. Best regards, The Collaboard Team

Joy from SoulAwakeningSA

Industry: Alternative Medicine

Love the Design

I have been searching for a platform that can display my ideas like a mindmap. Collaboard is helping me to realize the depth of my work and helping to release the overwhelm that I so often feel. Having the layout and creation reveal itself is very helpful to me as I am a highly visual learner.

Pros

The ability to map my thoughts in a more creative manner that is more aligned to the way I process my thoughts. I love being able to see the whole plan come together and see the linking of concepts and ideas as the creation grows.

Cons

Like all new apps one has to spend some time becoming familiar and confident in creating on a new platform. It is a worthwhile pursuit for me.

Response from IBV Solutions

Replied May 2021

Dear Joy, thank you very much for your feedback. To get even more familiar with Collaboard, we recommend you to join our free webinars. You can find all information at https://www.collaboard.app/en/events. Best regards, The Collaboard Team

Hildegard from Rosa Luxemburg Stiftung

Industry: Political Organization

Attractive and easy to use

Very positive experience, used now by the entire organization

Pros

Inviting graphics, for the most part intuitive approach to using, ease of access, secure in terms of data protection, personalized trainings, good customer service,

Cons

Some things do not work as well as wished (e.g. grouping and ungrouping objects) or they are not easy to understand (integration of zoom for example), some features only work in the newest browsers

Reasons for Choosing Collaboard

Initially because of data protection, then because it seems just as good

Response from IBV Solutions

Replied June 2021

Dear Hildegard, thank you very much for your positive feedback. We are glad that Collaboard is used now by your entire organization. If you want to know more about the Zoom integration or other features, we recommend to look at our Help Center at https://help.collaboard.app/?hsLang=en. Best regards, The Collaboard Team

Great app tons of features!

App saves us time in our creative process in creating products.

Pros

Tons of features constantly added. Love the UI and how easy to learn it.

Cons

Not enough tutorials in English, would love chat/video call.

Response from IBV Solutions

Replied May 2021

Thank you for your very positive feedback. For more tutorials, we recommend you join our free webinars (https://www.collaboard.app/en/events) and have a lot at our YouTube channel (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkxKaeQwl35fh3ahLBG4tuQ). The Collaboard Team

Birgit from Universität Tübingen

Collaboration funktioniert

Ich finde es eine tolle Lösung im Einsatz für gemeinsames digitales Arbeiten, auch und vielleicht sogar insbesondere in der digitalen Hochschullehre. Es ist intuitiv und die Studierenden benötigen keine lange Einarbeitung in das Programm. Wünschen würde ich mir, dass ich es als App auf dem PC habe, so dass ich mir die Anmeldung u.ä täglich mehrmals sparen könnte.

Pros

Es können vile Menschen zur gleichen Zeit datenschutzkonform gemeinsam arbeiten. - viele Kombinationen an Tools sind möglich - einfach Linkweitergabe - Präsentationsmodus

Cons

Schriftgrößeneinstellung über das Verschieden der Schiene ist nervig. Karten sollten in Schriftgröße besser anpassbar sein und nicht nach Menge der Buchstaben selbst anpassen. Nicht als App auf dem PC verfügbar.

Datenschutz und Unternehmen aus Europa

Datenschutz!

Great Online Whiteboard for Collaboration but need improvement

If you could look pass the user interface Collaboard is an inexpensive tool for collaboration or a huge whiteboard

Pros

I really love how I could use Collaboard as a huge whiteboard and just dumping all my ideas, images or screenshot like a mood board for my website design business.

Cons

The user interface needs a huge overhaul. While I like the functionality of Collaboard, the user interface is frustratingly ugly.

Response from IBV Solutions

Replied May 2021

Hello, Thank you very much for your review and we are glad that you love the functionality of Collaboard. The user interface has a touch of Italian design and we work together with several designers to improve it continuously. In the end, it is always a matter of taste, if you like the user interface or not. Kind regards, The Collaboard team

Amelie from Dp

Collaboard is a must have

I'm happy so far. I hope I'll use Collaboard more and more in the upcoming months

Pros

I was looking for a cheaper alternative to Miro. That's why I choose Collaboard. It's a super user friendly tool. Love to use is as a brainstorm or to see a visual board for a new project. So helpful. My contacts love when I share with them using Collaboard projects. The company is working on new developments and that's great to see and use new improved versions.

Cons

I wish there were more templates. And for the existing templates, more options and flexibility to adapt them. If I could definitely use Collaboard for all my complex chart flows and mindmappings, it will be the perfect tool.

Response from IBV Solutions

Replied May 2021

Dear Amelie, thank you very much for your positive feedback. We are glad that you appreciate the user-friendliness. There was a recent update on the template feature. Now you have more templates at your disposal. Additionally, we are working on extending this further. Best regards, The Collaboard Team

Abdellatif from Lean Group Consulting

Excellent solution for innovative & interactive courses

Collaboard has allowed me to move from passive to interactive and participative classes. My students really appreciate it.

Pros

Ease of use Availability of predefined templates Integration of multimedia supports

Cons

The choice of colors for the user interface is limited The voting system to be improved

Response from IBV Solutions

Replied May 2021

Dear Abdellatif, thank you very much for your feedback. About the choice of colors, you might want to use the color picker functionality. You find it as a pipette when you click on the color field of an element. Concerning the voting feature, I have good news for you: There will be a big update in June. Best regards, The Collaboard Team

Lou from Lou Flores Arts

Best Online Whiteboard Tool!

Overall, I have began to love using an actual online whiteboard instead of creating a board offline then uploading the exported picture online. The price that I got it makes it a very good deal

Pros

I like that I can have a whiteboard with infinite space and export my whiteboard. I also love the ability to invite collaborators and guests and present online just by giving them specific links.

Cons

Still can do better in terms of loading speed, and would be nice to have communications (chat and conference call) integrated in the board instead of relying on other tools like Zoom.

Dilek from United Jivan Corporation Ltd

Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Good White Board

It is value for money I paid for

Pros

The price is good and there are easy to use. Many Template to choose from

Cons

It is a bit slow and Interface and template can be improved

Response from IBV Solutions

Replied June 2021

Dear Dilek, thank you for your feedback. We are glad that you appreciate the easy use of Collaboard, this is important to us. Concerning your improvement suggestions, have a look at our public roadmap at https://www.collaboard.app/roadmap. Feel free to submit your feedback there and vote for your favorite features to come. Best regards, The Collaboard Team

Evelyn from Evelyn Decker Innovationsmanagement

tolle deutsch-sprachige Alternative zu amerikanischen Collaborationtools

Als Beraterin brauche ich ein Produkt, das sehr einfach ist und alle direkt Spaß haben, sich daran zu beteiligen. Zudem bevorzuge ich die deutschen Erklärungen und die Datenschutzkonformität. Toll ist die Betreuung auch nach dem Kauf mit einer echten angeleiteten Nutzer-Community.

Pros

Schnelles Einlernen für Jeden Gute Begleitung bei der Nutzung durch kostenlose Webinare mit Praxisbeispielen DSGVO Konformität

Cons

Einladen von Gästen, die sich nicht anmelden müssen, hat nicht sofort geklappt Zuviel Zoom-Möglichkeit

Response from IBV Solutions

Replied May 2021

Dear Evelyn, thank you very much for your feedback. It is great that you point out the GDPR compliance and high data protection. This is very important for a lot of our customers. The Zoom situation should be better now. In case you still face some issues, do not hesitate to open a support ticket at https://www.collaboard.app/de/collaboard-support-ticket. Our support is also available in German. Best regards, The Collaboard Team

Albert from Core Quality Education

High End whiteboard to share

Used it a lot, always a good experience. I always send people files and graphics in front of my Zoom - meetings. However... They are not at the fingertips of everyone. I make sure all of them have all the necessary files and information on hand-:)

Pros

You can share files, information, links, etc. easily Even realtime. So you feel connected with the other users. There are a lot of lay-out options, so a must have for every trainer, teacher, coach, salesman, etc... The platform develops on a regular basis, so new functions all the time! They are very well alive!

Cons

The menu bar could have more contrast (small icons could be bigger, text more contrast)

Response from IBV Solutions

Replied May 2021

Dear Albert, thank you very much for your positive feedback. We are glad to see that your likelihood to recommend is 10 out of 10 and that you are using Collaboard a lot. Best regards, The Collaboard Team

Luis from WEANDYOU MEDIA

My remote tool top 5

Pros

Have space with an infinite canvas for all our brainstorm. Easy to implement to our internal creative process.

Cons

If we could do sitemaps with a struture.

Response from IBV Solutions

Replied May 2021

Dear Luis, thank you very much for your review. Concerning your proposal "sitemaps with a structure", you can add this to our public roadmap at https://www.collaboard.app/roadmap. We are very happy to receive feedback and continuously implement the most popular ones. Best regards, The Collaboard Team

Chris from Savio Designs

Nice digital whiteboard - still growing

It is the first digital whiteboard I have used - so I am still learning how to fully implement it into my workflow - but it is a neat tool to have in the belt!

Pros

Collaboard is a pretty easy to use digital whiteboard. The team is still adding new features (the mini-map is very helpful!). It have several elements/templates which makes it pretty easy to use/get going with.

Cons

There are times where it is slow to load - this does cause some issues. Also, I am hoping for more types of shapes/templates/and items that we can use for the White board.

Response from IBV Solutions

Replied May 2021

Thank you very much for your feedback. We improve the performance and expand the number of templates and shapes constantly. More information about further developments is on our public roadmap at https://www.collaboard.app/roadmap.

Louise from I-nfinitePotential

A product with an enthusiastic development team

Pros

3 things decide for me if a program is a good buy: Lifetime license A team that keeps improving A responsive support system When you have these, you can wait for glitches to be sorted and functionality to be added.

Cons

I use it very succesfully for myself, for planning and mind mapping. It is easy to use. I would like to see improvements in team use though, but as this is a product that keeps improving, I am sure my challenges adding team members will be cleared up soon. It is the only thing keeping me from a 5 star review.

Lifetime offer

Response from IBV Solutions

Replied May 2021

Dear Louise, thank you very much for your detailed feedback. Indeed, we are continuously enhancing our software in many ways. Best regards, The Collaboard Team

David from Purple Vantage

Good start

Pros

This software is good because I got it as a lifetime deal. They have good potential that it has all the functions of what a mindmap tool would have. Definitely a good lifetime deal.

Cons

Whilst its a lifetime deal, some of its features are lacking. One of them being the ability to freely change the size of the sticky notes. Also, I wish their default colours are more contrasting, it looks quite hard to see the colours. The UX can be improved for sure.

Response from IBV Solutions

Replied May 2021

Dear David, thank you very much for your feedback and your suggestions of further developments. For the second, I suggest you have a look at our public roadmap at https://www.collaboard.app/roadmap and submit your feedback. Best regards, The Collaboard Team

Frank from Covenant Church

It has potential

Pros

I really like the price point for this product. It seemed fair and I could see room for growth. I like the Ipad app it comes with and the fact that I have unlimited boards to use.

Cons

This software really lacks others out there like Miro. It's slow, clunky to use, sticky notes look dated, and it's hard to do mind maps. Its also missing an iphone app.

Price

Carlos from Nestle

With the disperse teams we work with, this product helped us to do constructive online meetings

Pros

Simplicity, more than just a whiteboard, lots of different tools to use for team collaboration, compatible with all Windows 10 PC. It also uses the Microsoft cloud so this is something that makes me feel safe and secure. Especially on a Surface Hub, the app is incredible to use: fast, reliable, much better than the Whiteboard which is pre-installed on this huge device

Cons

We had to install the creators update for Windows 10. Which was ok at some point as it provides more security and reliability of the it environment but it was a lot of work

Response from IBV Solutions

Replied November 2017

Thank you for your constructive feedback !