• Pros

• "It bring a very organized platform to put your ideas and plans and share it with rest of the team"

• "It enabled large groups of training participants to co-create Q&A or process descriptions in real time. Participants learnt how to use it quickly and could focus on the exercise, not the tool."

• "The interface is clean and well laid out and it's easy to use - features are fairly easily apparent."

• Cons

• "It seems too simple, so you don’t realize it’s potential, I had to just get in and try it with some potential customers and it blew my mind."

• "I would like more colors for sticky notes The legend description doesn't translate across computers There are some things that can't be backtracked with cntrl Z "

• "I wish the billing would be just easier - you need to constantly keep track of open boards if you don’t want to be charged extra "

Browse Stormboard Reviews

Jayson from Podium Strategic

Industry: Pharmaceuticals

Brainstorming Made Easy

Pros

Stormboard has allowed us to easily engage clients to provide a unique approach to brainstorming

Cons

There have been very little in terms of things to complain about

wendy from Wilde

Genuinely useful

Just a joy to use. The reporting is excellent, especially a one click full suite report in Excel and the Wordle is far more useful than it might first appear, I've been able to get a high level overview in one chart. I've pretty much trialled every project management software, from Agile to Waterfall but I've not found anything as useful as Stormboard for daily task tracking and reporting. Plus the templates are excellent for using a number of different methodologies.

Pros

It's just a genuinely useful piece of organisational software. I can organise not only my personal life but also management and work tasks with ease. The reporting is the unsung hero here.

Cons

There's not really anything to dislike.

Reasons for Choosing Stormboard

As I said above, it genuinely has everything I need to be able to work with different clients, stakeholders and methodologies. It's pretty much the only one size fits all solution I've found.

Mark from Sheffield Hallam University

Feels quite limited even within its limited scope

Trialled it for delivering workshops and training at a university.

Pros

Cons

Has a fairly limited scope in how it allows ideas to be explored, and even within that scope doesn't offer a lot of options or functions.

Jonas from Jonas Uddman AB

Experience of using Stormboard in corporate training

We used Stormboard with large groups of participants in corporate training. In one session we first collected hundreds of questions via Mentimeter and then we imported those to Stormboard and let the participants answer their colleagues' questions (as comments). In another session we first presented a process and then the participants wrote notes in Stormboards of how they worked in this process.

Pros

Cons

With more than 20 parallell users in the same Storm, the software sometimes gets a bit slow.

Reasons for Choosing Stormboard

RealTimeBoard has other advantages, but Stormboard fitted this training set-up best. Mainly due to the ease of use.

Travis from ProChain Solutions, Inc.

Industry: Medical Devices

A game-changer

We use Stormboard to develop schedules with project teams. Each team member is able to work simultaneously to incorporate their tasks into the larger picture of what it takes to launch the deliverable. They can represent both their work, and how their work depends on others.

Pros

Stormboard is very easy to use, and yet there are layers of capability that can be unfolded as needed. Stormboard has THE BEST reporting mechanisms of any virtual whiteboard/brainstorming tool.

Cons

In the interest of simplicity, they have had to make a trade-off; there are fewer options than one may be used to.

Reasons for Choosing Stormboard

The choice of Stormboard really came down to the ease of collaborative input, combined with the ability to export the information from Stormboard in several formats, including MS Excel, and PNG.

Scott from Tektronix

Early Adopter of Storm Board

Stormboard allowed the team to quickly in a digital manner see the bigger picture of a project plan, the tasks that were dependent on each other and be able to adjust and move quickly as the plan refines.

Pros

Stormboard worked great as an online digital version of long sheets of paper and sticky notes that are traditionally used in project planning sessions. It quickly and easily allowed similar function to create swimlanes for the various cross functions, associated tasks and risks and then link the tasks that are dependent of each other.

Cons

As a new user I was trying to increase the space of a column and accidentally actually added a line in reality. I wasn't able to find a way to remove or undo my row add and now its there forever. I would also like the ability to designate via color or for tasks those that are critical path.

Kelly from Zillow

Great tool for organizing thoughts and brainstorming

As a market researcher, it’s my job to distill a huge amount of information into focused and actionable insights and recommendations. Storyboard helps me bring structure to the effort, which saves a ton of time.

Pros

I can take notes quickly in real-time discussions, capturing unique ideas on each sticky note so I can organize into themes later.

Cons

Hard to customize at lower subscription levels. I’m an individual user, paying for it myself. I haven’t been able to make a business case yet for adoption by my whole team.

Reza from Patriot One Technologies

Industry: Defense & Space

Stormboard user review

It is a very useful platform for an agile work style.

Pros

Cons

Applying some search, sorting and statistical analysis is not 100% convenient yet.

Rhiannon from Action Engineering

Finally, a way to take our in-person process online

The customer service is amazing, we find a bug and it 's fixed the next day.

Pros

I like that we can use the templates as a structure but be flexible about how it works, and that we can color code and shape code so we can have a range of information expressed.

Cons

We sometimes write longer stories than it requires and want more flexibility about how we group information

Kelly from Computer Software

Great tool

Pros

I use Stormboard to organize, thoughts, ideas and projects

Cons

Removing and adding custom templates to word and ppt reports.

Hanah from SheWrites4TheLord

Sticky Notes and Whiteboard -Beautiful Combination

Overall, this site is clear. I have to admit that it’s constantly helping me figure out my project ideas. I don’t like sites that look rushed or put together too fast. This site allows me to get my project ideas done and sectioned out in segments with my team. I wanted a site where I didn’t have to add loads of people or teams to my project. I work on small projects, so this is so helpful. I love how this has helped me grow and also it’s also a learning tool. I get to work with other people with this which is really neat. This helped me get my plan and project done. No headache so I am super happy.

Pros

I absolutely love this site. I love brainstorming sites, but this one is so different. It’s different in a good way. I love how I am able to pick a theme for each stormboard I pick and it’s set up the way I want. Each theme has sections where I can plan out my idea. I can work on each stormboard with my team and assistants. I don’t have to do it alone. I also like how I can set my stormboard for private and only certain members of my team can see each stormboard. I love this site! I also enjoy how I am able to move this site around by just clicking on it. I don’t have to scramble to look for the button to move the screen or move each stormboard. I also enjoy how under each section I am able to put different sticky notes for each one. I am able to put loads of sticky notes with simple steps or ideas under each section. I also love how each section has new, to do, what I am doing currently, testing, and done. The done section helps me know what part of the project is completed. I don’t have to figure it out. Each part that’s done is in the done area. Simple! The next part that I like is how I can share my stormboard with my team or I can share it with someone that needs to look at it. There are buttons for that as well.

Cons

There are certain areas of this site that I don’t like. I wish that certain options were available for the free option. In order to really go through this site you have to upgrade. This is the only thing that I wish they would fix. If you have more options this would help so much.

Paul from FieldInsight

Stormboard saved by bacon....

This transformed our business Onboarding and Demo process, we connect better with our users, they see the value our our workflow mapping faster. It is a game changer for us, and I love the work the team do on Stormboaed I highly recommmend it.

Pros

I was struggling with in person card sorting and post it note workflow mapping, I had to be in person, I had to transcribe or photograph my work, it If sucked up heaps of time. Now with stormboard, I just book an online meeting, it is easy and fast to map out our workflow over stormboard and a call. And I save around 2 hours on every demo.

Elijah from YNGEMPYR

Awesome

Overall this thing was god sent for me. i am an up and coming film maker and being able to create Sub Storms, is perfect for character details and back story. Storm Board allows me to put my mind into vision and multitask on different projects. I also love the way you transition into sub storms, just a personal joy for me

Pros

Allows me to be as detailed as I am in my mind Allows me to assign things to deadlines which is great for me I like how I can copy cards over to other storms, makes organization super easy

Lauren from Morrows Pty Ltd

Great Virtual Agile

Our team uses Stormboard for our daily workflow, Previously we had a paper sticky note agile system. The team picked up how to navigate/use with very basic training. It has been a really positive change for us, also saving alot more paper!

Pros

- simple to use/navigate - plenty of legend colours to choose from to personalise your stickies - replaces a paper Agile Wall - Reprepresentatives in contact very promptly with any queries

Cons

- when you scroll down it zooms out of the storm, I did assume this would scroll though it originally, but its easily enough to get the hang of. - It takes a while to load if you have a large amount of stickies.

Beverly from beautifullyblessed

Best Whiteboard Ever

Pros

Stormboard is one of the best whiteboard software I have come across and its great for creating and organizing business and personal projects. You can add sticky notes for additional information. You can also share ideas with other people. There are great templates to assist you if you need additional help. This is a great whiteboard for meetings workshops, seminars and conferences. Its easy to use. Its not hard at all. Its simple and you can keep all your projects all on one software. There is an area where you can chat with other people who are working on the projects. With your business you can assign each co- worker a project. Its easy and fun to use for school also. Simply an awesome whiteboard. Great tool to keep you organized.

Cons

You really have to upgrade to get all the best of this software. Its a great whiteboard software and its worth it.

Share your ideas

Great for working with a team during a meeting, sharing it so that everyone can add their ideas or just for working by yourself and stop wasting paper. I also love that it has lots of planning and problem solving templates ready to use.

Pros

Simple to use and share, with free personal plan available and lots of preset backgrounds.

Cons

It lags when you put lots of sticky notes and it lacks background options in the free plan.

Jonathan from Check Point

Stormboard

Pros

I love how easy it is to organize ideas and distill down into what is really important. It allows us a framework to get together and come out of meetings with an actionable plan.

Cons

There are still a few bugs, and the pricing is a little strange. Inability to remove users is a potential security risk

Response from Edistorm

Replied July 2019

Hi Jonathan, We would love to make certain that we answer all of your questions and get the bugs all worked out. I am reaching out to you to answer how it is possible to remove users as well.

John from Rampworth Capital Serv

Long-Time User

I'm a huge fan

Pros

simple, powerful and very easy to get collaborators setup

Cons

its still too hard to bring my clients on to the system (I'd do it all the time if there was a friction-free way to hand-off but still continue to collaborate together)

Reasons for Choosing Stormboard

they provide essentially every template known to man, plus they let you have your own if you need it

STEVE from CASTOOL

Industry: Machinery

STORMBOARD GROUP

EVERYONE IN MY GROUP USES IT

Pros

EASY TO SET UP AND USE , EVERY BODY WAS USING STORMBOARD WITH IN 10 MINUTES OF SETTING IT UP. EASY TO CUSTOMIZE YOUR HOME PAGE.

Cons

I HAVE NO COMPLAINTS, I WOULD LIKE SEE THE DATE POSTED ON EACH WINDOW.

DAN from Freelancer

Industry: Graphic Design

Good Organizing Software

Keeping an overall grasp of my project using this tool is great. Now I don't have to forget stuff

Pros

The ease with which I can keep track of my tasks

Cons

The fact that there is a limited color pallet for the cards

Christian from Santa Marketing

Great virtual platform

Highly recommended for brainstorming on line. And I have tried other options!

Pros

Very intuitive platform which is essential when you need to onboard new users. Nice export functions even with the basic subscription

Gina from Accenture Federal Services

Industry: Business Supplies and Equipment

Stormboard

Positive -- as the person who usually is stuck transcribing paper stickies after client workshops, it has saved me an abundance of time post-event for synthesizing user data.

Pros

The reporting functionality has made exporting results from workshops significantly easier. We've used it to run workshops and the data capture has been much easier.

Cons

The mobile view needs work. There is also a limited number of users that can be in a board at once, meaning if you use it for a workshop, you'll need a scribe/admin at each table.

Reasons for Choosing Stormboard

Our client demanded digital tools be used (this is not 1997) - Client.

April 2016

Christine from Aalta Yarn

April 2016

Best use of ideation and design thinking

The software is VERy user friendly and comes with a 2-5 min learning curve. That's it. Now you are underway to organize your Business Model Canvas, Empathy Chart or Workflow. Many templates to choose from. I also like the blank template. I am not sure about customer service, because I have never needed it, as I said, it is so easy to use.

Kristin from AES

Nice brainstorming tool

This tool is great for collaborative brainstorming. It's pretty easy to use, although there is a bit of a learning curve- sometimes things don't function exactly as you'd expect. Works well for collaboration. Good for creating, assigning, and checking off action items.