• Pros

• "it has a great sound. it has astonishing audio effects ability to upload to soundloud "

• "Very helpful and easy to make music from this software and very user friendly. "

• "Live is an extremely powerful Digital Audio Workstation. It has a very simple workflow that allows you to get out ideas quickly and offers many creative tools."

• Cons

• "The software can do a whole lot of things, but in my experience that has also made it difficult to learn. It is definitely worth learning though."

• "There were no cons with this particular software, except that fact that the GUI could be a little better."

• "It's not an easy to use software at first lunch. You can lost in it when you start it first time, but there are many valuable tutorials all over the web."

Browse Live Reviews

Wesley from Self-Employed

Live 11 update made this my default digital audio workstation

Pros

For most producing, arranging, mixing, and mastering tasks, Ableton Studio's stock plugins and software infrastructure make for an effective, efficient music creation environment. What makes this program invaluable, though, is its endless possibilities for sound design (especially with new randomization features built in to each track) and, perhaps obviously, its optimization for live performance. As a solo musician and producer, being able to create complex tracks on the spot is deeply liberating, and no other DAW (digital audio workstation) that I've used allows for this (although, I've read other DAWs are beginning to implement more live-looping and tempo syncing features).

Cons

It takes a little work to organize 3rd party plugins, but Ableton Live gives you multiple ways to approach this, which is more than some DAWs provide.

Reasons for Choosing Live

Live performance capabilities and large stock sound/plugin library

Reasons for Switching to Live

Much more efficient workflow for midi and audio quantization. Integrated comping in Live made that transition complete.

Christy from Hypnomusicsounds

Ableton make you able to!

Having produced many tracks, audiovisual content, created virtual instruments, drum racks and the likes with Ableton over the years. I regularly jam live with Ableton hooked up to my controlers, mixers and mics. I Use it for 90%of my DAW needs. Totally recomment it

Pros

I love the user interface and possibility to easily switch between live looping and arranging a session? The flexibility is mind boggingly large! From hq built in effects to audio unit/vst support, one can never run out of creative ways to produce music and audio.

Cons

The routing system is limited and could be improved on, I for one would like a more "analog style" approach to the mixer interface. Quite expensive.

Reasons for Switching to Live

Once i understood the possibilities with Ableton Live, i was hooked. As a performer and audio engineer, i can find my middle path between flow and productivity with this DAW

Matthew from Entreprenur

The Industry Standard that Keeps Improving (despite minor bugs and high price)

I have used a few music production programs before Ableton Live and now after 2+ years of using Ableton almost on a daily basis, I can confidently say that there is no other music software that I would use. Ableton meets all of my needs with ease of use with plugins and midi, live recording, and collaborating with other artists. Despite the minor bugs that are here and there, Ableton keeps improving and I'm looking forward to Ableton Live 11 when it releases.

Pros

Ableton Live's ease of use with a variety of genres and production processes is one of the most impactful features. Some DAWs such as FL Studio are great for techno/hip hop music, while others like Garage Band are great for singer/songwriters, but Ableton Live is the DAW for anything. Recording instruments and vocals can be seamless and the same goes for anything MIDI related. Ableton Live is very convenient in relation to collaborating with other artists and producers since it is an industry standard.

Cons

There are not many things I dislike about Ableton, but the biggest problem I have that I deal with on a regular basis is something very simple: my audio input and output glitch to the point where I have to save and exit out of the program to fix it. If I switch from my headphones to my studio monitors, Ableton will say it doesn't recognize my monitors. I exit the application, open it back up and it recognizes my monitors. It's a minor bug but extremely inconvenient if you're in the middle of some creative energy. The most negative aspect of Ableton Live would be the price. There are many free music production software that are half the price or free that offer many features that Ableton has, but still nothing comes close to Ableton. I understand the price difference but I hope in the future the company takes their extremely high prices into consideration, especially since it is the most popular production software and an industry standard.

Andy from Montgomery Group

Rethink How You Want to Record Live Sessions

Extremely enjoyable late night sessions. Have purchased an Ableton Push because of the greater flexibility to get away from the computer and this has enhanced my creativity (and my rhythm!).

Pros

As a dedicated Cubase User for years, I used to loop between markers and build up tracks on an interrupted recording session of my musical ideas. If you take that looping concept and apply it to Ableton Live you'll soon realise how limited Cubase was. Ableton opens the door to create as many different loop sections as you want in live mode. You can navigate between loop sections without interruption! You can only experience this level of creativity after using Ableton to realise what the potential is.

Cons

Setting up MIDI tracks and connecting with external MIDI hardware or software synths was a bit tricky however - you need to spend time either watching Youtube or at least reading the manual as a way to understanding what the capabilities are. I opted for a couple of private sessions with experts who are available on an hourly basis - acheived a great deal.

Reasons for Choosing Live

Offers the complete source of sounds depending on which version you use, is modular and expansive to more sound libraries and easy to use after you have learned the shortcuts. A joy to use now!

Reasons for Switching to Live

Different concept of recording but with the optional linear view of old Cubase recording window. The Pro Tools switch was a no-brainer - Pro Tools crashes too many times - Do your research!

Márton from NAU

Ableton Live

Pros

There aren't any limitation in this software. Your creativity can incrase as you learn to use it. I very reccomend it to newbie music producers to use Live, becouse you can compose your songs or beats in it, and then also you can build Live sets from your track.

Reasons for Switching to Live

Becouse in my opinion this software is built by a way that is much more logical than the others.

German Liber from GermanLiber

Industry: Music

One of the masters of music production

Live is great. It was my first DAW, and it helped me to start my way on music production/mixing. The fact that you have a lot of sounds and effects in the software without leaving it is amazing. I worked a lot of times only using Live built-in effects/plugins and synths. I would keep using this software a lot of years, and i look forward to experiencing some new versions.

Pros

Ableton Live is easy to use and the learning curve is really fast. The timeline format really stands as against other DAWs. One of the best things about Live is the extent list of built-in CPU-efficient  plugins and effects, i'ts a fact that you can do an entire album without third party plugins and only using the Live ones. Since the last versions VST2 and VST3 plugins compatibility helps you to run everything on the software, without leaving the Live session not even once. The Max 4 Live environment helps you to maintain on  the experimental side, testing some apps and tools made by other users.  You are free to use Live however you want, changing the view style between session and arrangement (I used arrangement more, but session is superb for playing live instruments or just DJing/mixing). Overall, Live is one of the masters of music production and deservers all the high praise.

Cons

The tool to replace moved/erased WAVs doesn't work as it should, usually i end up replacing the audio files by myself. Live price is really expensive, i think it is one of the most expensive DAWs out there, you can try the free demo version or use the lite version, but if you want the complete experience you will have to pay a lot. Since Live 10 i experienced some lag and computer freezing while working, the PC specs are really high, so consider this before buying the software, you should have a pretty good build to mix more than 10/15 tracks on a session.

Michael from Self-Employed

Ableton Live Suit 10 Review

Ableton Live is one of the best relevant choice of music production workstation software. this software's interface is astonishing & allows you an easier & faster workflow. whether you are the using built in plugins or supported VST plugins, Recorded Wave files or Midi files, this workstation provides the best it can be. it is a professional mastering software that gives you all the tools of mixing & mastering your mixdown to perfection.

Pros

Ableton Live is a professional‏ music creation station & a professional mastering software. Ableton gives you all the tools and ability of making your music, editing, mixing & professionally master your music. whenever its electronic music or authentic recorded live music, Ableton gives you all the features of turning your workstation to a professional one. Ableton's interface is outstanding & cannot be compared with any other software, the interface and the way of working allows you to work as fast and accurate as it gets. time stretching ability is most essential, effective and convenient in Ableton. choosing of exporting Mp3 or Wave files makes is a great advantage in Ableton 10. ‏ ‏‏

Cons

The interface of Ableton is different from other interfaces & it takes time to get used to. once I gained little experience‏, things got much more faster & I have managed to finish projects more easily than ever before.

Kyler from Kyler Schmor

Best DAW Software For Any Situation

Ableton Live has completely changed my approach to recording and live performance. the possibilities are endless and the results are always exactly what you want them to be.

Pros

Ableton is the most versatile DAW I have ever used, whether it's only for tracks, or adding midi in/out cues anything I've ever wanted to do in a live worship environment has never been easier.

Cons

Their is a slight learning curve with Ableton due to how creative and custom you can be with inputs and outputs, but once the workflow is nailed down it becomes second natures. It can also sometimes be overwhelming with just how much you can do with Ableton.

Reasons for Choosing Live

Live's layout and features are a lot more clean than other DAW's arrangement and session views.

Reasons for Switching to Live

Better integration with other software for midi or WiFi and layout

Ableton Live: Changing the world of music production one clip at a time.

My experience with Live is I used it as an effect module of sorts. I would alter the speed / pitch of sample inside of Ableton then export those files to my hardware digital samplers for further sound manipulation and composition.

Pros

What drew me to Ableton Live is it's ability to change the pitch of a .wav file without affecting the tempo, and without adding distortion to the file. Ableton also has swing templates that allow you to duplicate the swing settings of vintage drum machines, like the E-mu SP1200. This is a game changer because it allows producers to program drum tracks with a more natural, human-like feel.

Cons

Ableton is one of the higher priced music creation programs on the market, and with good reason. The program contains numerous pro level audio processing tools that has made it the choice of music producers worldwide. Though they offer a "Lite" version of their software, it's limited to 16 tracks, which may not be enough for producers and engineers completing large projects.

Reasons for Switching to Live

I found it easier to go from concept to completed song when working in Ableton, and I like the concept of clips. The clips concept lets you combine small audio loops to form larger compositions, and in Ableton you can launch clips in a number of different ways. The external controller for the Ableton software, Ableton Push, opens up a whole new way to play chords and melodies in my productions. Having a fast workflow and tools that inspire creativity is everything in the world of music, and Ableton Live provides just that.

Jaderson from Jotta reis

Industry: Music

Perfect for producing and creating live sets!

In fact, it is an indispensable tool for music, organic or electronic producers. For me it helps me a lot in "inbox" production I use samples and vst's. Because it's simple to use, I create my music faster!

Pros

Simple and organized interface, it is a very intuitive DAW, both in the session view and in the arrangement session. It has fantastic native instruments, synthesizers, wavetable instruments, compressors and equalizers! Perfect!!!

Cons

So far I haven't had a lot of problems, the only thing I identified as a failure is that in the clip view, when I use the "beats" mode, there is no way to automate the transient envelope (0 to 100).

Eric from Hughes Marine Service

Industry: Fishery

Ableton is always my go-to.

Pros

As a producer of almost 25 years, I have to say, when Ableton became available, I got on board. I have been on that train ever since then. I have Pro tools, logic pro, FL studio, etc, and my go-to has always been, and will always be my #1. I have taught probably 10-20 producers how to use Live and after 2 sessions, they were able to go on their own.

Cons

I do wish there were more color scheme options built in.

Omar from hair salon

Industry: Music

Ableton Live is worth it.

Live is my go to performance tool, when it comes to Djing, looping and liver performance. It's my secondary recording tool when I'm looking for inspiration, or a different work space.

Pros

Ableton Live is an amazing and intuitive tool for music creation. Something it does differently than other digital audio workstations on the market is the 'session view.' Creating clips and testing them on the fly feels a lot more like a performance instead of the tedious music creation process of working in a linear view that most other DAWs employ. Other things that make Live work well for me: - Easy sidechaining and routing options within the native plugins - Unlimited input channels for effects and signal processing. - The ability to route audio and record into another empty audio channel from a channel that has a vst or synth on it. - Very in depth Dj and performance tool. - Lives built in effects, synths and samplers are top notch. - It's among the most popular DAWs on the market, so there's tons of tutorials available all over the web to help you learn Live quickly!

Cons

There are a few complaints I have about Live, as a whole: - I wish they could set up better sidechaining for third party vst plugins. As it is now, sidechains are easy to set up with Live's native plugins but you need to complete a strange work around for any third party plugins. - The mixer could have a bit more functionality added to it such as, mixer snapshots so you can A/B mixes, VCA channels, and different panning modes. - Ableton Live recording could be better. Things like recording lanes and audio comping could improve the workflow. - Deeper midi would be great too. - One of the most expensive DAWs on the market.

Chuck from Thatchurch

Amazingly Versatile! And Amazingly complicated!

Live Helped is get started running a metronome and tracks with our band. It smoothed out transitions between service elements. Also, was much more affordable option for upgrading our keyboard sounds than purchasing a new keyboard. For theatrical elements it is a great sound board for FX. But most important, it open our eyes to an amazing new world of possibilities when it comes to live performance!

Pros

Ableton Live can do a lot of stuff! There are so many need that It has met. These include: running background audio tracks, editing audio, recording, triggering sound FX , a keyboard sound module, metronome, etc. I have used it for each of these, and it did amazing!! It can also automate your lights, projector slides, and more! Also , you can render you set list to a single folder and share your work to with ease. This came in handy when we didn’t have a live programmer at another campus. One person could program and post the master folder online so the other campus could easily load the set into their computer with out having to physically drive all over the place. Not only does it run tracks, but it also alows you to change EQ, compression, verb, pitch and tempo of the tracks.

Cons

There is a bit of a learning curve. For a mostly volunteer ran organization , like ours, this can be challenging. But it really depends on what you need it for. If it’s a sound module for a keyboard player or if running tracks in “Session Veiw”, it can be simple to program and operate. But the more advanced features that make it truly a special peice of software take a bit of time commitment. They also require some more than average technical and musical knowledge. We previously used ableton weekly. In recent years, it gets used a little less. This is mostly because others apps like, “playback”, and “loopcoommunity Prime”, offer more user friendly and quicker results. That is , if your just doing tracks and metronomes with simple transitions. There are sill some features that live does best. so, we still keep it in use for events that require more customization and variety. However it is usually not a volunteer who will program or run it.

Reasons for Switching to Live

We quit using a standard MP3 player and garage band because ableton had More options and efficiency.

Krew from The Golden မင်းသားများ

It's Best to Go with Ableton Live

has helping with great music production as a whole. I was able to complete a whole album and. many other projects while using this system. We were able to find the specific sounds that we wanted and was able to piece tracks together with little effort and they sound great.

Pros

Very well designed program that allows you complete control over your creative process. Recording tools and functionality is perfect for the program that it is trying to be. It allows for custom plug-ins and has a wide variety of tools and presets that are available right when you purchase. Very good for mastering and finding your perfect sound as well as importing already using tracks or audio samples. Easy to drop in sounds and samples from other sources. Exports sounds great and come in a WAV format.

Cons

At first it is a bit confusing to use. You will be stuck for a little bit and not know what to do or how it works. Sometimes it seems like you have to go digging for what you want and specific tools aren't always there for you to use. Personal setup ca take some time and you need to always be aware of where your audio sources are exporting to.

Aaron from Virginia Commonwealth University

Industry: Business Supplies and Equipment

Daily Ableton User

Pros

Compared to other DAWs, digital audio workstations, Ableton has a cleaner and simpler looking layout. This simplicity helps producers to navigate through the software with much more ease. Everything is integrated into one window, which really helps the workflow. It eliminates the need for cluttering multiple windows plus plugins, thus giving it a very clean and enjoyable experience. Furthermore, Ableton's session view is awesome. It presents clips in almost a grid-like format, almost like a spreadsheet, thus giving a sleek and easy to follow layout.

Cons

With Ableton, there is a learning curve. Compared to other DAWs, it is a bit harder to learn and understand the process of "making" music. You must put in the time to learn ALL the components in order to truly use the software to its full potential. The price of Ableton seems to be a bit high. Also, compared to other DAWs, like Logic, Ableton seems to lack in their production tools. Its EQ, compressor, effects, etc. seem to lack compared to others.

Frederic from John Clarcq

For me the best daw

It is just great! been using it for more then a decade now... and do have alot of "Ableton" made releases already on Beatport, Spotify, and all other streaming and download platforms.

Pros

I like how the interface works so inspiring! Ableton just offers such a great workflow! I still use it in a linear way, and do not realy make use of the clips. With the "suite" version you get all the instruments & loads of samples. The vst support also works flawless.

Cons

in case of mixing software such as "cubase" is bit more tight. But I do not realy have alot of issues with it.

Reasons for Choosing Live

The workflow is better for me

Reasons for Switching to Live

a decade ago Cubase was creatively a bit behind ableton. Sometimes was bit too professional and I felt a bit less free.

Matthew from The Rock Underground Music School

Industry: Music

The best and most creative music production software

Pros

The workflow and routing systems within Ableton offer a ton of flexibility and creative methods and approaches. The support and integration with Max4Live is an absolute beauty. Always being a fan of open source and community contributions makes this software on the whole much more of an integrated and firmly entrenched cultural software.

Cons

The price for upgrades and perhaps for Suite overall is too high. For traditional analog board users, the workflow might present initial challenges but if you can get through it and adapt you realize the vast creative potential it offers

Tanya from Music

Industry: Music

For any recording solution, Live is your software!

I am not a pc experience user but i easily start using Live for my demo recording sessions and i love it!

Pros

I tend to write a lot of songs, and have to make demos of it, which sometimes we have to in our industry to remember what the melody or how did the song go. That's where Live comes into play for always, its flexible, musical software you can get for production, recording, mixing, mastering and live performance. A very straight forward, easy to use DAW you can get out there compared to the others i have seen my brother used in the past.

Cons

For now i can't really say anything I don't like about the software as I started out only using this so far, but with my experience of it, i surely love using it.

Russell from Innovative Entertainment

Experience The Best Digital Audio Workstation On The Market

I started working with Live a few years ago while I was in college, and my overall experience with it has been great. In fact, I still use it today.

Pros

What I like most about this particular software is it's clip based live performance and compositional workflow. In addition to this, it so much easier to work with samples in Live than in any other Digital Audio Workstation.

Jaron from Slate Audio

Industry: Music

Hands down the best DAW around

I've tried most DAWs and I believe Live is the most capable and intuitive application on the market.

Pros

Cons

Compared to other DAWs, it is more tedious to record multiple takes. It would also be nice to have a plug-in manager.

Why would anyone use anything else?

The best music software ever made.

Pros

Everything. The workflow is perfect. Everything is right in front of you and once you spend a little time with it, it will just keep showing you more and more. As far a production software goes, there is nothing better.

Cons

It has become pretty heavy on the CPU usage but I'm sure 90% of that is because of my computers.

Cameron from Sunday sounds

It’s own rite

Ableton is insanely powerful and seems to not contain any bugs or glitches, it just works and if you’re versed in it, you can do nearly anything you’d like.

Pros

The best feature to me is Capture, if I’m on a midi controller playing they an idea (not recording) and ‘accidently’ play something that I like, I just need to hit the capture button at the top of the screen, and Ableton will recall what I’ve just played.

Cons

Something about it feels just a little old, I’ve very visual so having Abletons set up is still a bit foreign to me

Daniel from University

Industry: Music

Ableton live is a great to make music and samples.

I have been using this program for a long time, and it has been a great benefit throughout my music career to share my music with others.

Pros

I loved how there are so many sounds and gadgets you can use to produce many songs and samples to share throughout the world. It is a great program to use when I want to edit a certain song and create many remixes and sounds.

Cons

I wish there was a more descriptive tutorial of how to use all of the programs and details of how to create sounds and edit songs and etc.

Adedolapo from OAOATO

Professional Standard

its alright, i get most of my jobs done on it than other audio softwares.

Pros

Cons

kinda act buggy at times. not really compatible with some audio interface, e.g. m audio mtrack 2x2. slow at times to render audio makes the laptop hot, like stresses the fan.

Pasan from PasanMusic

Easy to make Music

As musicians we can get a very rich quality export from this software. I made much more songs ,advertisment audios ,outros from Live...very easy to use highly recommended !!!

Pros

Very helpful and easy to make music from this software and very user friendly.

Cons

If there is a inbuild dynamic equalizer its very helpfull

Not userfriendly

Marc from SupplyPike

Ease of use, VST support, TIME-STRETCHING!

I have yet to utilize Live for live performance (ironically). I have seen several artists use to to great affect.

Pros

I moved from Reason to Live due to the time-stretching abilities & VST support of Ableton. Using Ableton reminds me of the ease of use I had back in the day when I started on Acid Pro (over 20 years ago). This software has the power to support recording in live and plays nice with all of my VSTs. Highly recommended, top tier DAW.

Cons

Nothing really. There is always a learning curve with DAW's. Ableton is no different. That said, you expect something of a learning curve when you're using such a powerful application.

Arshan from Freelance

Ableton for music

Use of Ableton for creating song ideas, recording, mixing, viewing, adding effects to tracks has always been interesting to me as I'm in that field and is a must buy if you want to. Students get a 40% discount on the website.

Pros

1. Can create patterns of any kind really quick 2. Ease of access 3. Can access the DAW with Ableton Push controller or other controllers too 4. Can convert MIDI to audio and audio to MIDI

Cons

1. Ableton push controllers only work with Ableton 2. Even though it runs low on CPU, there are times when it gets high 3. The sounds or notes of the song change in the exported file at times

Rick from Good Shepherd Community Church

Ableton Live Is A Game Changer!

Ableton Live has been an incredible tool for my team to use. It has been a great addition and will continue to be for a very long time.

Pros

I love the fact that we can run tracks and control them live. It is great that we can put together a set list and customize every little detail of what we want to hear. We can even change and make adjustments as we are playing. It really helps us fill in our sound. It is like having another member of the band who can play several instruments that we don't have and play them all at once. The capability of Ableton Live is incredible.

Sade from PREY FOR DAY

Recently switched from Logic to Ableton and never looking back

I can’t believe I was ever intimidated by it and thought Logic was really my only viable option

Pros

The amount of built in functionality and the ease of workflow (once you get used to the interface) is astounding. Logic’s built in effects are amazing, but they don’t export. Ableton on the other hand allows you to export a track exactly as it sounds when yr recording it. The export utility in general is amazing. The built in effects, instruments, and packs are all wonderful.

Cons

There’s definitely a learning curve. It looks like a nightmare at first glance, definitely not automatically intuitive like some DAWs. But once you get used to it, you wonder how you ever used anything else.

Reasons for Switching to Live

I needed better functionality and I had just bought a MIDI keyboard that was built to function perfectly with Ableton so I thought I’d give it a shot

Edison from Eddie Music

Industry: Music

Great tool for creating professional music at home

I recently bought this program and I do not regret it, my musical quality has improved, you can make big changes in a short time, everything is easier in Live.

Pros

My first DAW was Fl Studio. It accompanied me for many years, but I found Live and I couldn't stop using it, at first it's not easy to adapt but once you learn to use Live, you won't go back.

Cons

The interface at first is not easy to learn, I recommend watching tutorials on YouTube about Live, you will not regret using this great tool.

Sarah from Republic Wireless

Amazing!

Overall, love the software, especially once I got comfortable moving around in it.

Pros

Amazed at how well this software works when trying to pull up multiple instruments, and work on many things at once. The access to different instrument types and sounds is also impressive. Program seems to run fairly lean as well.

Cons

Sometimes it is hard to intuitively understand the very small module windows - it would be nice to have a feature to expand or zoom in on a module you're working with.

Ivars from Clarinet player

Industry: Music

Ableton Live is very, very good music creation software!

I have a controller in Push2, along with the LIve software, can work very creatively. I play Clarinet, and with Live Push2, I like to transform and construct the sound of Clarinet in very many ways!

Pros

Live helps me to be creative so I can create something new in music. I don't like copying anyone, in music, or repeating something. And Live helps with it, with creativity!

Cons

I don't like having to learn a lot. Because I'm lazy.:) But when I learn about Live, it only has a positive impact on my music.

Roy from Digital marketing

great tool for creating live electronic music

Pros

The onboarding guidelines are pretty simple and you can start learning and using the tool and make some music in one single day. A lot of plugins and different sounds available to start composing your music with synths and drums being really great Session view is simple, easy to compose, create your music loops and start jamming.

Cons

limited to 16 audio tracks if you want to use Ableton's full potential prepare yourself to pay 650€.

Ableton Live is a workhorse

I've mainly used the tool for running tracks live at church and running the click track from my computer behind the drums.

Pros

I really like that you can run tracks and make sounds and samples on the fly. Integrating the platform with a keyboard makes ableton really enjoyable.

Cons

The learning curve is very tough. You have to learn a lot of the different musical terms that make things make more sense when building a track live or in the studio.

Amazing workflow for Non-linear thinking music producers.

I have become a more confident music producer because of the workflow introduced by Ableton Live.

Pros

- Innovative Music creation method - Amazing UX and UI - MIDI control and mapping is quick and intuitive making for a very interactive and immersive music creations process - A huge plus that one can use the same for both studio as well as allowing for the live performance of the music with just a few setting changes. Truly awesome

Cons

- Definitely needs a powerful CPU - Expensive - A big learning curve for those who move away from other DAWs for music production.

Reasons for Switching to Live

Logic X is for more of a linear way of creating music and also more favoured amongst those who know how to play the piano.

Timo from klinglt

I simply love this software.

Best DAW I have used so far.

Pros

The way you work with ableton is significantly different to all others DAWs I've tried. Especially if you combine it with ableton push, the ease of use by having all possibilities intuitively available is just awesome. The only downside is the price, but I've never regretted buying it about 8 years ago and doing all the upgrades. Since about a year I haven't used it anymore because I travel and have no equipment.

Cons

I found it sometimes hard to deal with external devices if you record the output. There is a latency which needs to be properly configured. There is a setting for this on each track but I haven't figured out how to configure it correctly that it works all the time.

Lane from Capital Community Church

Great for Live Music Production

We are able to make our live production sound even larger because of Ableton. Highly recommend.

Pros

Ableton is amazing for live music production, and for running loops and tracks in our Sunday AM service.

Cons

There is a steep learning curve at first. It is very important to have someone who can help assist in training, in addition to training videos.

Matthew from MMCC

Industry: Music

Great tool for music creators

I have used this product on several projects. I am able to create instrumentals, add vocals, and mix. Very powerful tool for music creation.

Pros

This software is fun to use. Great for music production, arranging, and performing. Great for beginners and experts as well.

Cons

Would love to have an expanded trial version that shows the full product. This software is great but can be expensive.

Glenn from Cherry Hills Church

Amazingly powerful

Pros

The possibilities are endless. With Live, one can make the music that they love, mix and master it, and perform live sets as well! The built in plugins are some of the best Stock plugins in any DAW.

Cons

The thing that might be enhanced would be a place to see multiple channels plugins all at once.

Andy from Andy Sorenson Music, LLC

Amazing DAW for beats and live use!

Live has always provided an inspiring array of sounds and plugins to help produce music or write from the ground up. It's quick and easy to learn which makes the creative process even easier!

Pros

Ableton has many features that make it an amazing option for live use as well as in a normal DAW recording setting. The live triggers allow it to be used on stage which is a great tool for in the moment production as well. The stock samples, sounds, and plugins are all fantastic!

Cons

It can take some time to learn how to navigate the folders where the samples are located. Once you have that figured out, you can move much more quickly and create more smoothly.

Michael from Agency Forza

Industry: Motion Pictures and Film

Solid Option for Music Production Needs

I used Live to mix and compose musical tracks for usage in video projects. I also use it to edit existing tracks and fix issues.

Pros

Ableton is great and does everything you need and more. The more you go into the software the more revelations you will have regarding sound and while it can be used technically, it also can be used as in instrument as you stack, sculpt, and alter sounds.

Cons

I think Ableton is one of the top choices in the industry and it's a matter of interface tastes and needs for your specific project. Ableton works will with midi and synth pads. Live instruments maybe protools is better.

Reasons for Choosing Live

It works well with midi and synths.

Yanni from OPA Visions Entertainment

Ableton Live 10 Customer Review

Ive made a handful of really good songs using this software

Pros

Ableton is best DAW I have ever used. ..

Cons

Built in Auto Tune would have been nice.

Reasons for Switching to Live

Because Ableton is the highest industry standard

Noe Adonai from Noixer X

Industry: Music

People say it is hard to learn but I think it's challenging

I have worked making music with some really cool guys, and almost all of them was using Ableton Live, so I decided to try it, and I really like it.

Pros

People say it is hard to learn but I think it's not that hard, I mean if you already know how a DAW works you have 50% made, Ableton Live is challenging but that's why this program was made for those who are committed to succeed, it is very well designed and the interface adaptable for the needs of the producers. - Unlike the competition, produced music sounds very professional. - It is awesome the diversity of the sound library. - You have everything in the main windows, this save you a lot of time.

Cons

- It's a little bit expensive. But It worth it. - Maybe the User Interface looks boring, I would appreciate a redesign. - Sometimes uses too much CPU.

Reasons for Switching to Live

I was looking for a better DAW, and I found it.

The Industry Standard for Music Production

Cons aside, anyone interested in music production should start with Ableton live.

Pros

Not used in a professional context, but I really enjoyed Ableton's suite of music production tools and resources, and the rabbithole of modulation possibilities it comes with.

Cons

The user interface is difficult to get used to but appreciated over time. Definitely not the most intuitive software on the market.

Amazing DAW Great for Making Electronic Music and More

Makes playing live without acoustic drums a reality!

Pros

Ableton has lots of built in instruments and reverbs and a relatively easy-to-understand interface. My favorite part of Ableton is it's functionality with the Push 2 controller. The Ableton Push makes playing live using samples, loops, and effects fun and a breeze.

Cons

Ableton sometimes feels less intuitive than built-for-recording programs like Logic, Protools, or Reason. Interface feels "backwards" compared to other DAWs.

Sebastian from Freelancer

Ableton Boosts Your Workflow

Great Workflow. Perfect Experience

Pros

I like the huge Virtual Instruments in the Library of LIVE . Ableton have a good integration for the most Hardware on the Market.

Cons

For Beginners Abelton is to confused. I might be better when the Startup is a bit cleaned ub.

Thomas from Consumer Electronics

The best DAW out there

Pros

The modularity, the ease-of-use, the vast amount of available instruments

Cons

I don't think there's any real cons. Just good stuff.

Costea from Lena SmartClean

How to make the best out of your passion

Pros

If you want to start producing music or making a remix of your favourite song, Ableton is what are you looking for. For Windows users, in my opinion Ableton is the best. I made my first song in 2 hours of use. There is so much you can do with it, if you are wiling to learn.

Cons

It feels very complicated at first. If you don't know anything, it will be very hard to start. Also, I don't like that Ableton offer a very small amount of plugins. If you want to make some good quality songs, you need to invest money in plugins, beside Ableton. This is not a software that can be easy learned. The support it's not so good, if you have a problem or a question, the best way to get the information is always youtube.

Reasons for Switching to Live

I just wanted to try both, and figure out which one is the best for me.

Blake from Biola University

Very innovative software

It has been a longer learning process than with other DAW's, but Ableton is the best software by far to use for live use.

Pros

This software us unlike any other DAW I've used. It is not quite as intuitive initially, but once you understand the features it is incredibly powerful and user-friendly.

Cons

It is somewhat complicated to learn, but there is not much you can do about that since that is the nature of the approach the creators used.

Gavin from Berea College

Great Musical Production Software

Pros

I like the ease of cutting and manipulating audio segments

Cons

The interface is a little bit confusing and there is too much to look at.

Reasons for Switching to Live

My previous software choice was free software, which means that it comes with much less support and usability, and just fewer options in general