All Adobe Workfront Reviews

Jeffrey

Consumer Goods, 201 - 500 employees

Used less than 2 years

Reviewed May 2021

Great project management for creative and marketing departments

Sophie

Non-Profit Organization Management, 51-200 employees

Reviewed September 2019

Very satisfactory. Can’t imagine another product meeting the needs of our org with so many workflows and such complex data needs. Incredible customer service and training resources. Incredibly helpful annual conference for users and potential buyers.

PROS

Workfront is a fantastic, adaptable project and resource management system. If you have diverse needs across your org or company, it is the product for you. It can be fully adapted to very disparate teams. I find new features and functionality every day.

CONS

Because it’s so able-to-be-tailored, a high-quality implementation can take a looong time, but their implementation services are fantastic

Reason for choosing Adobe Workfront

Instead of Mavenlink- Very flexible on license structuring and pricing, more integrations Instead of Wrike- we needed something more complex, but Wrike is great if you don’t

Christian

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed August 2023

A fantastic tool to maximize the success of projects

In order to save time and cut down on mistakes, we have developed our own workflows, implemented reminders, and totally automated repetitive chores. We have achieved greater productivity and a more solid foundation for our performance processes.

PROS

I love using the software because it makes me feel like my projects are well-organized. From project inception and job allocation to status monitoring and team communication, Workfront equips us with the tools we need for successful project management.

CONS

The client interface and Workfront's forms are a bit complicated, which may make it difficult to use effectively. Problems with computer programs are possible, and if they aren't fixed, they could lead to further complications or poor decision-making down the road.

Reasons for switching to Adobe Workfront

We have amazing access to knowledgeable specialists when we need them, and Workfront has the potential to be a pivotal tool in our company's workflow. The client is responsible for determining how to make use of any data stored by the framework and modifying it accordingly.

Shannon

Financial Services, 5,001-10,000 employees

Workflow Management and More

Overall Workfront has helped our organization by helping to create a repeatable process with workflows to teams we've chosen. We can now differentiate between low complexity and med/high complexity work. We can measure incoming work because ALL work comes in as a task. Workfront serves as the one source of truth to find marketing work and final files. Hours are now measurable, ready to start tasks by team or department are easy to view. API usage has tremendously enhanced our experience as well.

PROS

The customizability of the platform is amazing. Based on the functionality of the tool, we created customized request queues and forms, and customized project templates for a consistent process. All work flows from an initial request and ends with project completion. Assignments are easily made due to the preassigned job roles on each task in templates. Also, the reporting feature is fantastic. We create reports and dashboards for Team Leads, Requesters, Workers, Executives to show them the data that's meaningful to them.

CONS

User experience is a problem for us. Depending on the job someone is doing, using the tool correctly can be confusing. We've had to change the process to stop using issues because users couldnt remember to create the issues on a task level but put them on a project level. These issues were then hidden and timelines not altered by the issue. Users have a hard time with understanding documents on a task vs documents on a project level. This caused a lot of problems in our organization so we changed our process to move task documents tab from the higher level and instruct users to only use documents on a project level. Timeline maintenance is also a major issue for our teams. Project Managers who own 70 projects cannot adjust timelines on the daily. As an organization we do not want to use projected completion date because it has given workers the idea that tasks were still on time although they were quite late. We rely solely on the task Planned Start and Planned Completion dates. Finally, since we use documents on the project level only, users must remember to work in documents then go to the task to mark it complete. There should be a popup on documents that when you version the document or make an update on the document level a popup will ask if you want to mark a task complete so users can complete the task while in the document area.

Reason for choosing Adobe Workfront

Work visibility, templates, custom forms, reporting, dashboards.

Kelly

Hospital & Health Care, 201-500 employees

Reviewed February 2024

Adobe Workfront for Projects

PROS

I like that you can comment within the platform for others to review or comment.

CONS

Lack of visibility when seeing who the individual is needed for the next approval versus just the department.

Jessica

Computer Software, 201-500 employees

Reviewed May 2022

We are able to stay organized thanks to Workfront

Adobe Workfront has done a fantastic job of making the product adaptable to every user level. Tracking and reporting tools can be added by power users, who can monitor any or all parts of a project. Most of these alternatives aren't used by my department, but if and when we do, they're already there for us.

PROS

Due to the fact that my business is operated remotely, I am always up to date. After the epidemic, this product has given me the courage to continue forward. For me, kanban boards and task management are of the utmost importance. The kanban board provided by Adobe workfront allows us to build up tasks or user stories and then divide them into BI-weekly or BI-monthly sprints.

CONS

I'd like to see a better explanation for why mistakes are made, but that's about it. As far as I know, there are no clues as to why a date or a field isn't being updated or cannot be created. In most cases, the problem can be solved with a little bit of troubleshooting.

Reasons for switching to Adobe Workfront

The UI is quite well-designed. Reviewing proofs and seeing other team members' comments is simple. However, other members of the team are using it actively and tagging me as appropriate.

Maddie

Computer Games, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed September 2023

Workfront is a great project management system for our team

By organizing and tracking our project activities, we can see how the workflow impacts the timing of individual tasks, which is a problem that Workfront helps us tackle.

PROS

Workfront's extensive toolset is fantastic. As a result, we are able to keep track of projects and documents in one easily accessible spot, perfect for audits and other record-keeping needs.

CONS

Workfront's high degree of complexity in setting up individual projects is one of its drawbacks. There is a steep learning curve that might slow down user adoption due to the interface's subpar design and abundance of options that make navigation difficult.

Reasons for switching to Adobe Workfront

In addition to the technical support team's prompt responses and wealth of experience, Projetscope's flexible analytic reporting modules provide seamless teamwork and real-time monitoring of progress.

Grace

Retail, 5,001-10,000 employees

Reviewed September 2023

We can easily track the progress of a task/project with Workfront

By centralizing all of a team's work in a single location, Workfront makes it simple for everyone on the team to monitor the status of a given task or project, provide feedback on drafts as needed, and see how their work fits into the bigger picture. Financial coding is a part of it as well.

PROS

Workfront successfully unifies a wide range of a project's constituent parts. The user has a lot of leeway in determining the system's functionality and the information it stores to suit his own purposes.

CONS

Workfront's messaging system is not very user-friendly. Direct communication via email or phone is more convenient. On multiple instances, I have checked the Updates section for replies.

Reasons for switching to Adobe Workfront

Workfront is great for designers because it is simple to use and cuts out extra steps. In this context, document management is a particularly useful tool for designers.

Zanele

Automotive, 51-200 employees

Super Happy with Adobe Workfront

Very happy as it provides real time information which keeps me up to speed with all my work.

PROS

It Has helpful proofing system, numerous integrations and super reporting capabilities, which allows users to work with ease.

CONS

Learning how it works can take a bit of time and can be bit confusing on how to perform some of the actions on the software.

Stefanie

Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 2-10 employees

Reviewed April 2022

Vital integration into my company

I am able to stay in the know with my remotely run company. This product has given me the confidence to move forth after the mess and stress of the pandemic.

PROS

I truly enjoyed the fact that this product gave us hope to continue functioning 100% while still having to work remotely. This has enabled us as a whole to still build clientele all while staying on the same page with all employees with task management.

CONS

I really have nothing really negative to say. I guess this is just a product that is only as successful for you as what you put into it. Meaning it can be as simplistic and as basic as you want it to but it also can be really in depth and intricate as well. You get what you give.

Reason for choosing Adobe Workfront

I really enjoyed the reviews and how my experience was pretty much exactly as other reviewers described.

lisa

Staffing and Recruiting, 2-10 employees

Used monthly for less than 12 months

Reviewed June 2024

excellent software product

PROS

its very straight forward to use and easy to show my team how to use. Its very user friendly

CONS

none this is an excellent product that i would definitely recommend

Chiel

Financial Services, 11-50 employees

Reviewed May 2024

Adobe workfront review

PROS

- very good software in terms of project management. helps me to be more efficient

CONS

- you do need some time to get up to speed - workflow could be more efficient

belasco

Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees

Reviewed February 2023

Adobe Workfront Review

I have had a positive experience with Adobe Workfront. The platform is intuitive and easy to use, and it provides powerful tools for project management, task management, and resource management. It is also highly customizable, allowing us to tailor our workflow for our specific needs. The customer service has been excellent, and the support staff have been very helpful in providing assistance and solutions to any issues we encountered. Overall, I would highly recommend Adobe Workfront as an effective project management solution.

PROS

One of the best things about Adobe Workfront is its scalability. It is designed to be able to accommodate teams of any size and complexity, and it is able to easily adapt to changes in your business. This makes it great for teams that are constantly growing and changing. The software is incredibly user friendly and has a wide range of features that make it easy to manage and track projects. It also has a robust reporting system that can help you to quickly identify areas of improvement. Finally, Adobe Workfront has excellent customer support and a knowledgeable support team that can help you if you ever need assistance.

CONS

The biggest con of Adobe Workfront is the lack of customization options. While the platform offers a range of features, it can be difficult to customize the software to meet specific needs. The cost of the software can be prohibitive for some businesses.The user interface can be confusing and unintuitive, making it difficult for users to quickly learn and understand the software.

Reasons for switching to Adobe Workfront

We made the switch from Microsoft Project to Adobe Workfront because it offered more robust project management capabilities. It also provided better collaboration, visibility, and reporting capabilities, which enabled us to manage multiple projects and teams more efficiently. Additionally, Adobe Workfront offered an intuitive user interface and powerful analytics that allowed us to better track and monitor our project progress.

Heather

Environmental Services, 1,001-5,000 employees

Workfront

Workfront is our go-to. We have someone needing something we send them to submit their need through Workfront. IF someone needs to review or approval something, we send it through Workfront. That way we have a trail of information of why we did the things we did or went with the project(s). Its the paper trail. It also took us from having 2-3 hour long status meetings every week to one 30 minute meeting sometimes every week or so. We can summarize much better than running through a multiple page document spreadsheet. It has saved us time and sanity.

PROS

I am able to add all my projects and tasks into one location so that my team is aware of what I am working on and my clients can see where their project stands. This is very helpful in case something happens, we often say, if we get hit by "the bus" someone will know where my project is and what to do next.

CONS

It was a rough start. The account rep(s) that we have had were not very good at making sure we were happy as a customer or if we had a need. Since we got our remote system admin, it has been amazing. We love our rep!

Reason for choosing Adobe Workfront

It had us from the get go. It seemed the most user friendly and customizable.

Gaurav

Food & Beverages, 5,001-10,000 employees

Used monthly for less than 2 years

Reviewed June 2020

Project Management made easy

After using Workfront, I was able to focus on completing my analytics projects in time and reduced time wasting in finding what my tasks were by searching for emails where tasks were originally requested. I was able to successfully document progress I made on various marketing projects and review it with my manager. So, avoided wastage of time and paper when reviewing progress of my work. This reporting capability of Workfront also helped my manager provide budget and resources support, when needed.

PROS

I use Workfront software to manage my analytics workflow which is part of the larger marketing campaign projects. My favorite feature of Workfront is its ability to search all projects by specific keywords such as name of vendor, product or brand which my marketing team is trying to promote. And, the feature of summarizing all the projects in one page with my name assigned to them. So, I can quickly find a project I need to work on as well as prioritize it. I also like the feature of getting an update in my email that a new project has been assigned to me by my marketing team, so I know I need to start working on a new project. Support is great. All these features make me more productive in my role of a web analyst.

CONS

Workfront interface is not very user friendly so it takes time for a newbie to first train on it before adopting it. The scale of project completion from 0% to 100% is not very accurate because I had to leave it on 0% for some of my projects for me to know that those projects are not complete before moving on to the next set of new projects. I was unable to print the milestone report so I could share it with executives. I also struggled with the limited ability to globalize the comments, so I was having a tough time tracking a conversation.

Reason for choosing Adobe Workfront

I chose Workfront over this alternative product because of its ability to report on project progress.

Michel

E-Learning, 51-200 employees

Reviewed June 2019

WF Review - great

PMO, managing hours and expenses on projects and a way to centrally have the information

PROS

Integrated solution, simplicity for basic user, support

CONS

Test mode, so difficult and not for eveyone, so if you want to bring the solution further is is challenging

Reason for choosing Adobe Workfront

Better service, simple timesheet solution, robust software

Dave

Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 10,000+ employees

Reviewed October 2019

Solid program for improving your workflow

Powerful tool in helping control, organize and direct project management. Good for identifying all the tasks involved with a particular project, and assigning responsibilities as to who does what and when.

PROS

Workfront is pretty straightforward and easy to use once you get in there and play around with it a bit. It's well-built and powerful in helping you manage all aspects and tasks involved in a project of any size. Like with many software programs, it takes a bit of orientation to figure it all out, but once done...it's a very helpful and beneficial tool to use.

CONS

Like with many software programs, it's not super-intuitive when trying to use it "out of the box". Training and tutorials are certainly available, but at least my experience for our team's approach was more of a "jump in and start using" approach, and that can get a bit tricky since not always obvious where to go to find what.

Reasons for switching to Adobe Workfront

Decision by management - I was not involved in the decision-making process.

Sara

Hospital & Health Care, 501-1,000 employees

PMO take on Workfront

I am a champion of Workfront for my company, although I am a SME/admin and not responsible for the day to day Workfront use, it was a great experience begin involved in the implementation and owning one of the workstreams. Workfront lets you become a SME and get to know the system so easily, without constantly changing it (or providing straight forward changes that do not interrupt your day to day work.

PROS

Going from using four different platforms to manage the intake, planning and execution of projects (ServiceNow, excel, Smartsheet and Microsoft Project) down to 1 single platform has been a life saver for the teams that I am on for my company. We were able to train our submitters on one system, built our own workflows, and then turned around and trained our PM's on the same system. One Pro I love is that we can make changes and enhancements on the drop of a hat (well, with planning and thought ahead of time), versus ServiceNow, where it took us 2-3 minutes to simply change a field name. I also enjoy the time and attention that Workfront has given to my company, they listen well and problem solve along side us, not just for us,

CONS

We are still in the Legacy Resource Planner because we have set up our job roles for each team, so the legacy system lets us set capacity estimates when planning projects (for example, Our Integration team is all under Integration job role, but we allocated 10% of their time in our resource planner towards discretionary projects, which allows us to better plan and prioritize this huge bucket of work). There is no way for us to set capacity %'s for job roles in the new system, without creating new job roles.

Jonathan