All AffiliateWP Reviews

Adrian

Reviewed April 2020

Gets the job done right :)

Get's the job done! I set it up once and then forget about it, except for paying out affiliates once a month and approving new affiliates.

PROS

I use Easy Digital Downloads for my store which is made by the same team as AffiliateWP. This means that EDD and AffWP work together in harmony to ensure that my affiliates get paid out correctly. There are lots of customization options for how you pay people out, but I settled on simple 10-20% commission rates.

CONS

configuring mass payments was difficult, the documentation at the time was a bit outdated. I figured it out eventually though! Also, the explanations around recurring payments and commissions were a bit confusing. The simplicity of the product is sometimes lost in all the customizations you can make.

Reason for choosing AffiliateWP

AffiliateWP made the most sense because it was produced by the same team as my e-commerce store, making integration seamless.

We really appreciate the thoughtful review Adrian!

Willima Jay

Internet, 1 employee

Great Plugin

I was looking for an effective way to setup an affiliate system on a clients website. She does spray tanning at fitness/bodybuilding events and also sell shoes & accessories to the athletes. She was looking for a way to increase sales but also reward her sponsored athletes for their support of her business. She was looking for a way to reward the athletes but keep them spending the money on her site. The AffiliateWP plugin did exactly what we needed with the Store Credit addon. Perfect! The athletes love it and the client is thrilled. Her sales increased huge.

PROS

All the different options that were available. Using the AffilateWP plugin allowed me to get rid of several other plugins that were trying to do the same job, just not as well.

CONS

I don't know if this is too much of a negative, but all the different options that were available. It really forced me to to determine what functions I need for the project and how to utilize the AffiliateWP plugin the most effective way for what I needed. I guess the simplest way to explain is that I had too many choices, that is not an entirely bad thing.

Reason for choosing AffiliateWP

The biggest difference was the different options (addons). I found that there was an addon for exactly what I was looking for. The next biggest difference was the reviews. I spent a lot of time looking at different reviews. Finally the cost. I think you really get the best bang for your buck.

Reasons for switching to AffiliateWP

Was trying to patch work different plugins to do what AffiliateWP with one plugin.

This is an excellent testimonial Willima Jay! Thank you for sharing!

Colin

Internet, 2-10 employees

It doesn't work

Not good at all

PROS

It's a good idea and if it worked with Tickera it would be absolutely ideal.

CONS

It doesn't work. We have had it connected to Tickera for some time now and it simply doesn't work. No support help on it either, unfortunately.

Reason for choosing AffiliateWP

It was the only one that we could use and doesn't work.

Hi Colin, thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We can't find any records where you've reached out to us for support. Our support is always ready and available to help. Our documentation is also thorough as well as organized. Tickera also has a fantastic AffiliateWP integration with thorough documentation. You could reach out to their support as well as ours.

Michelle

Retail, 2-10 employees

Best solution for us!

Looking at several different affiliate programs, one of the biggest problems was how to prevent commission from being earned on wholesale orders. One of the extensions we found for AffiliateWP allows us to assign specific customers to a specific affiliate. We made a fake account for wholesale commission to go to and just assign all wholesale customer commissions to go to that fake account.

PROS

The companies I design websites for want full control over their affiliate program. It needs to be something they can host on their own servers, something they can review to approve/reject commissions on a case by case basis, and something where they are in control of who knows about the program. AffiliateWP along with its many extensions fits almost everything they are looking for! (And for the few things it doesn't fit, there is probably an extension to make it happen.)

CONS

Generating our monthly reports could go more smoothly. … The current system isn't bad. But it is a little awkward and not very intuitive. Affiliates also find the reports on their end a bit confusing. We have to walk them through how to find / understand what they are seeing. I think most of this confusion is caused by the "forced pending" status on new transactions. We do not want to give credit for an order until the return window has passed.

Reason for choosing AffiliateWP

More control over the affiliate program. We wanted something that lives on our server.

Reasons for switching to AffiliateWP

We had to switch affiliate programs when we changed from Magento to WooCommerce.

Hi Michelle, thanks for writing a review. Your use case was really helpful for understanding what you need from AffiliateWP. Thank you for your feedback!

OMOLEHIN

Reviewed November 2020

THE BEST AFFILIATE MACHINE

I call this plugin a money-making machine because it makes some unimaginable sale for me with automation and less work. could be used with ease on WordPress.and of course the price is so affordable and it works straight to the point I need it always...

PROS

THE fact that this sofware can make our company website provide the affiliate link to visitors with no stress or daily distribution of affiliate products to subscribers is amazing with it auto-piloted referral property .also the sweet and easy compatibility with WordPress makes it easy to use and set up.

CONS

the plugin limits some marketing integrations. basically on the referral marketing where the site doing the referral's leads don't show on the main site with affiliate wp. i think there should a form implemented for less work.

Hi Omolehin, thanks for writing a review. We appreciate your feedback! -Tyler

Replied December 2020

Adam

Reviewed July 2019

The best self-hosted affiliate software for WordPress

I've tried a number of 3rd party affiliate programs, other php based self-hosted scripts and AffiliateWP is the hands down easiest to use and has the best tracking.

PROS

Works great, not many bugs and receives frequent updates. Users can set and track their own custom discount codes. Easy to pay Affiliates using Stripe and Paypal. Compatible with many popular contact form plugins.

CONS

Wish they had integrations for other affiliate programs like CJ, Shareasale, JVZoo and Clickbank.

Hey Adam, thanks for writing us a review. We appreciate the feedback!

1 employee

Best Affiliate Software For The Money

I tried about a dozen different software’s for an affiliate program and this is the best software that I’ve ever used, all the other programs were missing key features or needed you to pay a lot more to access them. Affiliate WP is the only fair deal around, and I will recommend it to anybody.

PROS

It has all the features that I was looking for, and it’s easy to use and configure.

CONS

There was nothing I could find that I didn’t like about the software.

Thanks for the review! Let us know if you ever need any help!

Jorge Edel

Reviewed March 2020

Best but not the most beautiful WP affiliate system

PROS

One of the most stable affiliate system I have used. It gets the job done and users who know it trust it.

CONS

Even do it's powerful. The interface is just too ugly. Needs huge UI fix and some template options

Hi Jorge, thanks for writing a review. We appreciate the feedback and the truth is affiliate systems are ugly across the board. We're continually trying to make it less ugly it's also important for function well. Hopefully, we'll get prettier as we age!

Peter

Marketing and Advertising, 1 employee

Used monthly for less than 2 years

Best Wordpress Affiliate Plugin

Support is always great, answering any questions pretty quickly, and AffiliateWP does more than any other Wordpress affiliate plugin that I've found so far (and is reliable - we tried another plugin that we kept having issues with over and over again).

PROS

I really like that you can allow affiliates to create custom and simple affiliate urls, and I like that you can create affiliate landing pages that give credit to those affiliates without the need for even using their affiliate url.

CONS

The affiliate dashboard comes plain out of the box, with almost no styling. It would be nice if it included some beautiful styling out of the box.

Reason for choosing AffiliateWP

AffiliateWP had more options than Affiliate for Woocommerce and had a lifetime license option.

Reasons for switching to AffiliateWP

Ultimate Affiliate Pro had so many bugs and quirks, we felt like we were constantly wrestling with and trying to fix the system. It was just too much of a hassle.

Hi Peter, thanks for the review and we appreciate all of your feedback. We're happy to hear that we can be a solid solution for you!

Dave

Computer Software, 1 employee

Used monthly for less than 6 months

Reviewed April 2020

Simple, powerful affiliate software you can host yourself

PROS

AffiliateWP is super-easy to set up. You can add affiliates manually if they aren't already registered with your WordPress site. Or you can easily connect existing users and convert them into affiliates. I also love how you can set defaults for how much to award affiliates, but still customize this on an affiliate-by-affiliate basis. Reward the people who are working the hardest to promote your product/service. There are several dashboard widgets which make previewing referrals a breeze. You get email notifications for new referrals. There's a free add-on that lets you promote your product on a separate site from the one you sell it on, but still pass on the affiliate cookie to your ecommerce site (where the transaction happens). This is awesome for me because I have a separate blog where I write a ton of free content, much of which promotes my secondary site which sells my product.

CONS

I don't think I've used it enough yet to have found the things I don't like about it. I've heard (anecdotally) that payouts could be a little easier, but I know the makers of AffiliateWP recently launched a new Payouts Service which is supposed to help with this.

Hey Dave, thanks for the review! Very kind of you to provide examples of how AffiliateWP helped out. Your site seems to be a perfect use case for both EDD and AffiliateWP! When you have some time take a look into our Payout Service. Our support team is always here to answer questions!

Sonya

Design, 1 employee

Reviewed April 2020

Great affiliate software option for wordpress

I've never had any issues with the functionality of the software, though. It's updated regularly and has worked well for my clients.

PROS

It's very easy to manage affiliates and it integrates well with Gravity forms and WooCommerce. Paypal payout options are easy, too.

CONS

In relying on PayPal, you can't really do mass payouts anymore as PayPal has disabled the feature that would allow you to do so. So if you have a lot of affiliates, doing payouts is more time consuming. Additionally, if you want your UI for your affiliates to be a little more attractive/friendly to use, you probably want to consider some custom css and perhaps a custom page template for how their affiliate account info is displayed.

Hi Sonya, thanks for the review. We appreciate your feedback! What do you think of the idea of a single-action affiliate payout method? We actually have this service available if you're interested.

Al

Retail, 1 employee

Used more than 2 years

Not an intuitive experience

Overall I feel frustration. The interface is not intuitive to me as an admin. I am not new to the web or software. So I think y'all really need to take look at this. But since I have signed up for auto-payouts that should simplify things. Then I won't have to interact with the non-intuitive payout system as much.

PROS

It works. It tracks affiliate sales and calculates payouts. The link generator works well. And now they have auto payouts, which is very helpful.

CONS

I just don't find it intuitive. I don't use it often because I don't have a lot of affiliates and they don't generate that much in sales. So each time I use it I spend a lot of time trying to figure out how to use it.

Reason for choosing AffiliateWP

I liked the link generating feature. And because I have a low flow of affilates, I didn't want to spend an arm and a leg to get it. I hope this helps.

Hi Al, thanks for the review and feedback. Your words are absolutely true. The reporting can be a bit cumbersome and it might be a little tricky to navigate. Our payout services should take care of your issues but we are working on making improvements!

Joe

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 2-10 employees

Reviewed April 2020

AffiliateWP is an excellent plugin for DIY web store owners

Excellent all around. This is a quality plugin produced a development team who cares and who listen.

PROS

AffiliateWP is an excellent choice for any WooCommerce web store owner who is comfortable managing and promoting their own affiliate program. There is some learning curve for implementation but this is not really a problem due to AffiliateWP's excellent support.

CONS

This is not a missing feature but rather a limitation of business model. AffiliateWP is a no fluff plugin that does not offer any marketplace (where your affiliate products might be discovered) or marketing to help you find affiliates. This is not promised either but one should know going in that for the program to be successful store owners will have to promote the affiliate program themselves.

Hi Joe, thanks for the review. We appreciate the feedback!

Amanda

Political Organization, 2-10 employees

Reviewed March 2020

Great for affiliate programs!

I recommend this plugin and service to anyone building an affiliate program. It is easy to learn, navigate and implement.

PROS

Easy to use for users and easy to navigate. We use for our affiliate program and it works great.

CONS

My least favorite part is there is currently not a month to month setting for clicks. Our affiliate program is broken down by months but the software doesn’t currently offer that feature so it’s a little bit of a hassle.

Hi Amanda, thanks for the review. We appreciate your feedback!

Scott

E-Learning, 2-10 employees

Reviewed April 2020

WooCommerce Affiliates for Life!

PROS

The pro version has lifetime commissions and other premium add-ons that are super valuable. There's more add-ons than any other affiliate software we've seen for WooCommerce.

CONS

We have a multisite wordpress install on one of our projects, and it's kind of tricky to set up so it works across the network. Although we do have challenges with other wordpress plugins in the environment. On our primary WooCommerce site that's not a multisite network, it's amazing! And simple to setup.

Reason for choosing AffiliateWP

It seemed that AffiliateWP had the most options, the most add-ons, and customizable features. We could add on lots in the future if we wanted. They also have a lifetime purchase option, so we don't have to pay annually like so many other plugins want to lock you in.

Hi Scott, thank you for your review! We appreciate your feedback. Feel free to reach out to support if you ever need help!

Vilijam

Capital Markets, 2-10 employees

Reviewed November 2020

Love this plugin

great, support is amazing and fast

PROS

I have tested many affiliate plugins but nothing works so accurate as AffiliateWP

CONS

the design is quite basic which is not a problem thos

service

didnt work

Hi Vilijam, Thanks for taking the time to write a review. Glad to hear that AffiliateWP is meeting your needs. We've released a few features recently. Feel free to check them out. Thank you again!

Replied July 2021

Chance

Education Management, 1 employee

Reviewed April 2020

No issues for 5 years and counting!

PROS

I've used Affiliate WP for more than 5 years and it's never caused a problem on my website. The plugin and its extensions work every time. Our customer's love the extra income and our team loves how easy it is to compensate our fans.

CONS

This software does what it is intended to do without much fluff. It would be great to see more customizations available for the affiliate dashboard.

Thanks so much for the review Chance, and for being a loyal customer for so long! That's awesome!

Osamudiamwen

Hospitality, 2-10 employees

Incredible Framework - Fair GUI

The experience has been good so far, I like the fact that there are constant updates on the product.

PROS

The framework and structure is good and elaborate. It is easy to setup up too.

CONS

Difficult to customise GUI to exact specification. I think a documentation of the tags and CSS will aid easy customisation and responsive design across various devices.

Reason for choosing AffiliateWP

The features appeared easier to configure and utilise. It also met my desires.

Hi Osamudiamwen, thank you for the review. We appreciate your feedback! We look forward improving AffiliateWP for you.