Browse Symantec Email Security.cloud Reviews

Julius from Jules Home Improvements

Simple, install, and let it do it's job

A cleaner system and useless mail that I don't have to waste my time sifting through.

Pros

It really limits the amount of junk that get on your computers. Between email links and cookies, I used to wonder why my computer keeps slowing down. When I run the cleaner it speeds up but with Symantec it filters a lot of the junk.

Cons

I try to keep programs that require a lot of memory off my systems unless they are very important. This one is important.

Suzannah from Digi Telecommunications

Work very well in blocking spam email

Pros

The safety of our emails is critical, and Symantec's software has done an excellent job for me over the years. It's a one-time installation process that works nicely after you've set it up. It adds an extra layer of protection to our emails, preventing spam and other security threats to our whole inbox.

Cons

The price is essential to everyone, but I believe it is worthwhile for us to have previously been victims of email attacks. The vendor's future price planning will undoubtedly attract more customers. Other than that, the email quarantine is quite buggy, even after i have unmarked the email, it still not transferring the email to the main inbox.

Made To Get In Your Way

Pros

I guess this software is protecting my computer but I'd never know it by just looking at it. This app is installed by our IT department and heck if I understand how it protects.

Cons

I do know, however, that this app bothers you at the wrong time. How? By crashing your computer after completing an important task (and before you've had a chance to save). And if it's supposed to stop me from getting email spam, then I'd put the star rating at zero because I have to deal with spam daily.

Tracey from Builderscrack.co.nz

Kept me up to date but for our use a little expensive

Ease of use and nothing to continually maintain myself - it all worked in the background for the most part so that does what we pay software to do - save time and therefore money.

Pros

It kept me up to date with the latest threats I needed to be aware of and to protect against. It has a easy to love GUI that is intuitive and lets me navigate where I want to with ease.

Cons

It can be a little slow in processing scans but hopefully that is because it is doing an absolutely thorough job and protecting our systems from threats and vulnerabilities.

Roberth from Emida

Good protection against threats

Malware and virus are reduced on our Corporate network to minimum events, may I can see we are protected as expected.

Pros

Nice web interface console. Policy and rules changes applies intermediately. Excellent heuristic scan on real time. Virus signature keep constantly updated.

Cons

Firewall capabilities works but are simple to define specific rules for programs. Update process of client version on each machine would be better if not require uninstall of previous, it would be more simple.

Lisandra from DIRECTV Latin America

This software is extremely easy to install on any device and use.

It is an excellent filter to avoid any virus threat that you may encounter while browsing the internet.

Pros

What I liked most, is that it is an essential software, it is very necessary to have it on any device. Its platform is extensive and efficient, not only that, it has a catalog for which there is a program for every need. It does not matter if you are a housewife or a CEO, in any case this software is very useful.

Nosiviwe from Acro Customs

I recommend you use Email Security.cloud

Only thing I can say it's worth the price having top grade security at a low price that is a huge bargain. If you don't believe me try it for yourself. I promise you won't regret I only have good things about this software.

Pros

It was really easy to use it really helped me from receiving spams and viruses it always warns me. I always feels safe using this software no third part can access my things. I am really happy it's affordable anyone can buy it.

Cons

It can be really slow while scanning but that can be easily fixed this software is almost the ideal software to use.

Chris from Thomas cook

Industry: Airlines/Aviation

Essential

Overall this is a great product that I would recommend to anyone.

Pros

The type of software you install and forget about, safe in the knowledge it is working in the background to protect your organisation.

Cons

Any issues I've had with this software have been around automatically updating. Sometimes auto updates can impact normal system operation.

Caren from Nevada Legacy Law, Inc.

Symantec allows me to minimize worry

Pros

Once installed, I don't think too much about it - until I get a pop-up or email that triggers the software to warn me about potentially unsafe emails or websites

Cons

Nothing much - I've been using this software for about 3 years and have no complaints.

Devon from Calgro M3 Developments (Pty) Ltd

IT engineer review

great security application,huge fan of the Symantec Brand

Pros

one of the best products out there. very strict on detection of malicous signatures

Cons

Strict console needs to allow an easier way to allow specifed files through without first chopping it for the user

A powerful antivirus product...

GREAT !! A true value for money product. Must buy.

Pros

I have been using Symantec for over 2 years now and i am quite happy with the overall experience as it has always been a mid layer between me and my online activities with respect to the online banking, personal data protection, user firewall. The threat control feature is one of its kind, and it really very helpful as it automatically filters the malware, viruses and other online threats which could be harmful to any of the devices, as PS's, Laptops, Mobiles or tablets. They have come up with the state of the art features such as threat cloud, Sonar, which is also a unique feature which determines suspicious activities and prevents them too. Application lock is also an added feature. But please make sure that your purchasing the licensed copy and keep on updating it online.

Cons

As long as a end user concern, i dont think that there are any loop holes or any drawbacks in this product at it knows it's role very well and stands on the responsibilities so that we can surf, transit and do all of our online activities without worries.

Good security program for at home and at work

I will always use this program on my work and personal computers. Email is a huge must for me, as I am in the higher education field, so knowing that I can download messages and the program will catch potential threats is good peace of mind. (As a sidenote, I get around 100-200 emails daily)

Pros

This is a steel-trap type security program; it does not let anything through that could be potentially harmful. I have it set up on my work desktop and my home laptop, and I have been using it for over 5 years. I have it set up to start automatically each time I log in, and it does not take up too much RAM to do so, and runs without issue in the background. I also have it set to send me weekly updates/alerts, which is useful so I can keep an eye on things my computer comes in contact with.

Cons

It is a little pricey, but when you compare the overall cost of losing valuable data and work/time/effort to a computer virus, it becomes moot.

Email Security.Cloud:100% Protection

If your email boxes filled with spams & junks, just try Email security cloud and put an additional security layer for your personal and important emails.

Pros

The protection for our emails is essential and it was superbly done by Symantec product over the years for me. Its simple one-time installing process and once you set up it will work well. It ensures an extra protection layer for our emails and it helps to avoid spams and another security threatens for our entire emails.

Cons

The price matters for everyone, but I can recommend its price worthy for us if we were experienced any email attacks in past. The affordable price planning in future surely attracts more users for the vendor.

High End Email Security

Helpful customer support!

Pros

With Email Security.cloud, you can be sure that every email is protected. The possibility to determine fraud emails is a great feature of Email Security. Unwanted emails are then placed in Quarantine where you can sort out data, remove or repair them. It also has an anti-virus and anti-spam feature, which is a great addition if losing your emails is a worry for you. I have personally used this for years. It is an “install and go” type of program which means it does its job after you install it and can be left in the background to run.

Cons

It has misdiagnosed a few emails into Quarantine. This happened once or twice.

We use Symantec to protect our email server from junk mail and mail threats.

While running in the background of our computers, Symantic provides email security for our organization. In turn, our employees receive peace of mind that each email received is not spam.

Pros

We enjoy the fact that this software runs in the background and is not constantly popping up with threats. When issues do arise, the software automatically assists in providing solutions. Additionally, when updates come out they are quick to install.

Cons

We least enjoy the fact that this software does not update as often. Not that it doesn't properly do the job, but it makes us wonder why there is not more updates.

Advanced email threat protection for my work and personal email

Overall, I am pleased with this software and would recommend it.

Pros

I use Microsoft Outlook for my work email and Google for all personal emails (including my small business). I appreciate that this software works for both, so I don't need to utilize multiple virus threat protection services. I've had multiple breaches with respect to my personal information being compromised, so I am hyper sensitive when it comes to email protection. I appreciate the "real-time" protection feature of this software in that, as one of their briefs states, the software "analyzes links before an email is delivered and again at time of click." There are multiple instances in which I've received emails that the software identified as potentially risky that, if I didn't use the software, I probably would have opened (for example, emails with seemingly innocuous subject lines).

Cons

There have been multiple instances--not many, but some--where the software has identified emails that are definitely not risky (e.g. I received a confirmation email after placing an order on a website that I know gets a lot of traffic, like a major department store). I am curious as to why the software identifies these specific emails as risky.

Aubrey from appsFreedom

I use symantec for Business and for Home

ease of use. No hardware or software to maintain everything is just a click away

Pros

Symantec is known for its Great protection and stands behind its products. I like that this is a cloud based solution so I didnt have any disc to load or download. Its scalible and will grow as your company grows. I have no hardware to maintain

Cons

Its a little pricey. But they say you get what You pay for so? Its a little more expensive then the others but worth it.

Greggor from Maddock

Corporate Security

Pros

At my prior employer we handled thousands of companies' personal health information on their employees. This type of data is highly sought after by hackers, so we had to make sure we were always hyper aware of digital security. We chose Symantec as the best protection for our clients' data.

Cons

At times there would be issues with VPN connections over hot spots or public WiFi. A minor, but common occurrence.

Dany from LifeSource Adventist Fellowship

Good product to keep your email safe.

Pros

It's pretty easy to set up with multiple levels of filtering available to you. If google is not your thing then you probably need to look into Symantec.

Cons

The reality is that no product is perfect and will never catch everything. There are times when some emails that seem pretty obvious needed to be filtered end up slipping through. Then again that will happen with just about any software.

Stuart from CDFS NI Ltd

Protect your inbox with this great software

Pros

Works seamlessly behind the scenes snd identifies and alerts any threats it identifies from incoming emails. Allows you to review these and release or destroy as required.

Cons

Works really well. It works without interrupting or slowing down email access, which has been an issue with other email scanners i have used in the past.

Jessica from Insurance

Used Daily

Not much thinking to it and it protects your computer, haven't had any issues since using this at home.

Pros

I have used this daily after having a virus one time and I just let it run in the background an di have not had any issues since.

Cons

Sometimes there can be automatic popups that I wish you could have a setting for that just repeats your request.

Katherine from Universidad Central de Venezuela

It's been a good experience, he did a great job of safety.

Greater security. It gave me the peace I was looking for.

Pros

This software as a recognized brand for its security, did a great job of filtering spam, and I had no problem with it. The user interface is also easy to use and easy to find, what I am looking for.

Cons

This software was a bit difficult to configure, and after the free trial it becomes a bit expensive to buy it. Although it works very well, the only disadvantage is that you can use some functions to use a bit of updating, but it is not enough to dissuade me from using it.

walter from Zones LLC

Email Security. Cloud

I am very content with the features on offer and provide me peace of mind as it secures by email and cloud,

Pros

As with shifting landscape of IT we are more inclined to have cloud and Email security ,As it is a need of the hour and the Broadcom provides great security at reasonable price,

Cons

It needs to be faster as scan make it a bit slow,

Excellent experience with Symantec for filtering the amount of trash that exist on the web.

A cleaner system and useless

Pros

It really limits the amount of malicious files and a lot of junk trying to get into the computers. Between email links and cookies, it's great that you automatically delete cookies that make your computer very slow. It is very useful the tool of the cleaner because it allows your computer to go faster, thanks to Symantec for taking charge of filtering that amount of garbage that exist on the web.

Cons

Usually very little I use programs that require a high consumption of memory on my computer, for being one of the best anti virus program that I have used in many years is that I keep Symantec on my computer, the space it uses in my computer repay the amount of trash that prevents them from staying on my computer. It is for them that within the high performance program this is very important both at home and in the office.

Mark from Advanced Engineering

Great software trusted in industry

Always keeping our mail safe without fail and w/o worries

Pros

This software is very dependable and is used by out IT department on all of our machines. We wouldn't have this software if it couldn't protect.

Cons

We have not had any issues with this software, we have been using it for many years and not had any intrusions.

Perfect Security for emails

Pros

As apart of the largest engineering organization on my college campus, we use this software as security precaution for our emails. Since we handle big transactions between our school administration and students, we needed a service to protect our transactions and weed out fraudulent emails. The biggest pro about this software is that it runs in the background and the UI is simple to use. So far, we have not received any phishing or email attacks since we've purchased this.

Cons

There are no cons about this service apart from paying for it. It works as advertised and we have no regrets for choosing Symantec.

Jennifer from Local Government

Excellent Software

Pros

I like that our office never has to worry about the security of our emails! Email Security.cloud is installed on all of our computers and we have never experienced a problem. Excellent product for home or office!

Cons

This software is a little expensive but for the security it provides, it's worth every penny!

kourtnea from independent film

Security

Overall a really positive experience. It keeps me safe. It's a reliable software that I don't put much thought into which is exactly what I want.

Pros

It works really well! I don't have to think about starting it or anything, it just checks things for me, which is exactly what I want--something that looks out for me.

Cons

The only real con I have is that sometimes it blocks things out that aren't harmful, but it's not that serious because I can review it and override it.

Effective and Easy Email Security

Pros

Spam filtering is very effective, malware remediation has also been effective, responsive customer service when we have questions/issues arise.

Cons

The search function seems a bit limited and/or glitchy when we've tried to use it. When it is workign for us it is pretty slow in pulling up the search results.

lauren from Rock and Armor Physical Therapy

Good Product

I like how much I trust the product. Great security.

Pros

I like the "one time setup" feature of this product. I trust that everything is secure after just the initial setup.

Cons

Sometimes the error messages are confusing and alarming. Most of the time the issues are not that serious.

Symantec Email Security is great!

Pros

This software has really helped cut down on the SPAM emails I have been receiving and helped to alleviate concerns about physhing emails as well.

Cons

The Symantec Email Security software is not one of the least expensive services on the market but I am a firm believer in your get what you paid for.

Blake from Hart Homes

Can't go wrong with this program, protection and security is a must these days.

Pros

Our company was hacked a few months ago and we had to encrypt every password and inform every client that our security was breached. Needless to say this is not a fun experience, our hack sent out an email to our complete client list and let's just say, the phone calls we're not fun. Encrypting email with a program like this is a must for every business!

Cons

What are the downsides to protecting yourself from malicious people hacking your information? I'd have to say there are no downsides, even if this program doesn't perform to your liking, it's only helping you and your business in the long run.

Lauren from Raleigh Geriatric Care Management

My IT person put this on my computer and I never have to take care of it. It just works for me!

It keep my computer fresh and clean!

Pros

The fact that I never have to tend to anythng as it is always working in the background taking good care of my computer.

Cons

There is nothing I can say that is negative about the software since my IT person installed it and it runs on its own. No worries for me!

Jason from Chesapeake Bank

Amazing filter, catches so much spam!!

Pros

It is easy for the end user to move to spam and catches 99.9% of their SPAM for them. THE ability for them to release something caught is great also.

Cons

I did think it is odd that you have to create the email in the filter also, perhaps AD integrations or LDAP would be really nice

Manny from LLS

Easy to use and targest phishing emails

It's a great software, just needs more improvement and security for administrators and users.

Pros

You can sleep better at night knowing that you purchased this product and it's securing your emails. Keeps user's away from opening emails that should have gone to spam. Helps to limit chances of user's getting infected emails.

Cons

Software can be slow at times and if you are familar with the product some user's can mess with the security features.

"Great product to protect your email accounts"

Pros

The fact that I didn't even need to download the product was great, but I never have to do anything, its always working.

Cons

Is this a con? there aren't a lot of updates, so I'm sometimes wondering if its working.then I'm reminded that its all good, no worries for me - YEA!!

anne from PCMH

SPAM STOPPER

It stops viruses from coming into our business

Pros

Once you download this product , it is very easy to use. it automatically checks emails and programs you may be required to use.

Cons

sometimes its a bother when you have to tell it to allow certain things several times.

Thais from Banco Santander AS

A great security tool for corporate emails.

A great security tool for corporate emails, it truly meets what it promises by intercepting and alerting you to the majority of the spam and pishings we are accustomed to receiving.

Pros

The filter and control settings are easily customizable.

Cons

Sometimes emails that are not a threat are quarantined.

Betty from Lucas Construction

Industry: Individual & Family Services

GREAT E MAIL SECURITY!!!

IT TAKES THE GUESSWORK OUT OF WHETHER YOU SHOULD OPEN AN E MAIL OR NOT. IT PUTS THE ONES IN YOUR JUNK FOLDER FOR YOU TO DECIDE IF YOU WANT TO CHANCE OPENING THEM OR NOT.

Pros

THIS PRODUCT FILTERS YOUR E MAILS AND PUTS THEM WHERE THEY NEED TO BE

Cons

NOTHING I LIKE EVERYTHING ABOUT THIS PROGRAM

Vince from TheTown Church

Tired of spam in your inbox? This is the product for you!

Pros

Your email will be scanned for viruses, spam and more. There is no more worry of being attacked by spammers and virus threats! Great product.

Cons

At times email lags behind a bit as it is being scanned, but the wait is worth not being attacked by viruses!

Rickell from port authority of jamaica

I am very well satisfied with the Symantec .Cloud service.

Advanced scanning of email and threats beyond simple Antispam services.

Pros

The product was relatively simple to install and use. Configuration was also relatively intuitive and the UI is very good. Advanced scanning of email and threats beyond simple Antispam services

Cons

The vendor offered very limited support for "self service" implementations.Advanced filtering and scanning is not quite as good as several competitors.

Security and spam filter for your emails

Pros

Email Security.cloud is a good email security software. It allows you to perform advanced scanning of email beyond simple Antispam services, and "execute" attachments in a sandbox to verify they aren't threats.

Cons

The latest updates of the app has made it run slower, or at least I'm feeling like that. Also search filters are somehow cumbersome, they are easier to manage in competitor softwares

Tim from Riverside Transit Agency

Keeps unwanted emails out of my inbox!

Pros

Since we implemented this software, I've had virtually all of my spam emails quarantined! Easy to use and helps keep inboxes clutter free!

Cons

Rarely I will have a false positive email caught and quarantined, but it's easy to release.

Arielle from Concept Services

Excellent Security Software

It protects your computer from viruses you may receive through email or junk mail.

Pros

I like that it protects you from spam, unauthorized emails and senders you do not know. It also automatically filters out spam mail as soon as it hits your inbox.

Cons

The updates can sometimes take a little longer then you would like but overall this is a good solid product.

Jennifer from Reunion vacation homes

Great for businesses

Pros

Very well hidden hardly know it's running in the background. Has kept my PC safe for the past 5 years without fail

Cons

Pop ups on some sites that do not need to be approved more than once. But other than that no complaints

Say Goodbye to Spam With This Software

Pros

Nobody likes spam and most of all when they bring viruses that can havoc your computer. Since we receive emails day in and day out, it’s essential to acquire an anti-spam software. While searching online, I was able to find Email Security.cloud and was quite relieved with their features. This software can immediately detect fraud or phishing emails and is always accurate. It gives you the option of blocking these spammers so they never have to contact you again. I once received an email that looked to be legit, but Email Security.cloud was fast to warn me that it looked suspicious. After further investigations, the program proved to be right.

Cons

The configuration of this software was quite complicated in the beginning, but it worked well after that. Haven’t encountered anymore issues as to date and hope it will continue to be smooth.

Jared from Moshannon Valley SD

Works Well

Pros

The software is easy to use and seems to take care of most SPAM and unwanted materials.

Cons

I would like to see more notifications or reports on the numbers and types of SPAM being blocked.

Jason from Chesapeake Bank

Spam Filtering

Pros

It does the job it needs to do and well. I haven't had any issues with it stopping SPAM.

Cons

I wish it would connect to AD so I don't have to add each and every email

Trevor from 51Talk

Perfect security and antivirus

Very good. I don't use it anymore. I would if given the opportunity.

Pros

I loved that it did not interfere with any of my other applications or tasks that I must do on a daily basis.

Cons

Sometimes, I found that it did not give me the choice to give permission to certain websites. The only problem I experienced.

Alexis from Freelance Graphic Designer

Seems to do the trick

Pros

I received a free version of this software when I purchased my computer. So far I haven't had any attacks of spam that have gotten through. Being a freelance designer I get sent many files from many different computers and am asked to visit many sites. I feel its important to stay protected.

Cons

Once you move passed the free trial to get all of the good features it can get a bit costly; however, against the cost of having to repair an entire computer it's fairly negligible.