• Pros

• "User-friendliness. It's very intuitive and easy to use. It has a nice clean and modern look and feel."

• "Phocas is very easy to use, very intuitive and provides excellent business information. It is relatively inexpensive per user and at times, worth its weight in gold! "

• "Very easy to get to the data that we need. We have used this product for about 5 years now and it works great."

• Cons

• "It takes a little bit of setup but most of that was just trying to decide what data we wanted to get to. Other than that no real problems."

• "We would like to offer this to more of our employees, but the cost is making it hard for us to justify."

• "No complaints. Not even a little bit. Product and Customer service are outstanding."

Browse Phocas Business Intelligence Reviews

Martin from BSs Industrial

Reporting to masses

Pros

Phocas provided an ideal solution for producing the same views of information for Different job roles using the permissions in the background. This reduced our dependance on Excel reporting by around 60%

Cons

Phocas is more a visualisation tool rather than deep dive and planning is necessary to ensure output views meet the expected results, particular around columnar structure. That said it has had nothing but a positive impact on the Business reporting consumption by the masses.

Graham from Moove Lubricants Ltd

Industry: Oil & Energy

Happy to Recommend Phocas!

We started with Phocas in 2009 with just the standard sales database for one region of our business but have now progressed to multiple sales databases for other business units with fully integrated rebates module as well as finance and procurement style database now, with plans to roll it out further in other parts of the business.

Pros

The ease of use of Phocas is what puts it at the top of our list for BI software. The set up of the data was quick and easy (with great support from the Phocas guys) and ability to drill down from top line data right into the detail of a transaction is what makes Phocas a great tool for us. Phocas is widely used across our business to track and analyse sales data, finance data and purchasing data with future plans to add more modules. The PUG Forum is also a good feature for me, if there is something that you don't know how to do then you'll find the info there or someone can point you in the right direction. It's also a great place to suggest the feature that you'd like to see and Phocas review and add on to their product road map, so you know they are listening to your ideas.

Cons

I'd say the visualizations and widgets on the dashboards could do with abit of updating. The charts aren't always a flexible as you'd like with axes labels and adjusting the axes to suit the chart, plus you have to be quite specific with the data in the first place to get the chart you want.

Reasons for Choosing Phocas Business Intelligence

Since we've been using Phocas we've been assessing the use of Tableau and Microsoft Power BI however, these would replace Phocas for us, these would be secondary tools most likely used in our business for their visualization functions.

Clare from Ambu

Industry: Medical Devices

I feel like it can be a useful tool, if you are in the know!

I would suggest a simple user guide to come up the first time you log in, so you are aware of the real potential of this software.

Pros

Once you have been shown how to use this software, it can be a very useful tool, especially for us as CEs who aren't directly involved with the Sales side of the business.

Cons

Unless someone is a pro on Phocas, it is difficult to navigate your way around it and completely understand how to use it.

JJ from Fastening Solutions Inc.

Industry: Building Materials

Analytics in today's business environment

My overall experience with Phocas has been good from the start. They are prompt in with a response when you have an issue and will help you get the results you are looking for when utilizing custom searches and in-depth calculations.

Pros

Phocas is incredibly easy to use and helps you dig into an type of business analytics you can think of for your business.

Cons

There are not many of CONS that I have with Phocas, but the biggest issue I have is the lack of graphics for dashboards and the ability to truly customize those graphics. Also, the graphics can be a little quirky at times.

Rebecca from Chen Foods

Phocas - Exceptional software with amazing support.

Phocas have been an amazing help with streamlining our business processes. Not only is it easy to gain insights into our market, the team at Phocas have made it as quick and easy as possible by setting up automatic synchronisations from our accounting software directly to Phocas so we always have the latest data on hand without any effort at all. A favourite tool for the staff here and can't recommend it enough.

Pros

Ease of use and navigation, ability to customise and a perfect support team!

Cons

The functionality is awesome, only think I can think of is to give more options with custom formatting dashboards.

Shirley from Fresh Venture Group Pty Ltd

A Game Changer!

the data from using Phocas has driven many key marketing and sales decisions with only positive results. We are now moving forwards in obtaining more data from our stock and purchasing databases to assist our Operations teams.

Pros

the ease of obtaining information in a usable way, and the speed at which we can get analysis of the data has been a game changer for our business! The dashboards are key for our teams and the alerts take the day to day thinking out of my hands!

Cons

There is nothing negative about this software from my perspective!

Shakti from BSS Group Ltd

Phocas Easy To Use

Phocas allows the business to have data available on the go. BSS administrates and creates the data tables which allows the business to easily customise new company requirements.

Pros

One Click Functionality. User friendly. The ability to access data wherever you are in the world.

Cons

As BSS hold a vast amount of information sometimes we have issues viewing the data. This might be an internal or external network issue.

Reasons for Choosing Phocas Business Intelligence

The ease of use and the training that was provided.

John from Amber Valley LLP

Phocas Software review

Good, I can see what everyone is buying, how Im targeting specific products we manufacture. Follow up leads. Easily compare turnovers. See who has stopped buying a particular part no, and see who is buying something new.

Pros

All information I need for sales, prospects easily available. Updates every day

Cons

Nothing really. All works pretty easily for the info I need

Gary from Audio-Technica

Best in class BI

Phocas is extremely easy to use for a non Technical users. It holds huge amounts of data and is pretty fast at being able to get the information required out of the system fast.

Pros

It is easy to use for all sales people. Lots of information at your fingertips.

Cons

Having all this data you need to understand d how to use it. This is not always easy.

Bill from Johnstone Supply - Las Vegas

Industry: Warehousing

Johnstone Supply - Las Vegas - Why Phocas has increased our productivity!

Overall we are very happy with this product. It has opened the door for getting information to our teams much faster and it also created a new full time position for data analysis! The flexibility of being able to create our own databases, & adding to existing databases has increased our ability to share information to our teams in a easy to view format instead of sending spreadsheets that some people did not look at.

Pros

It is very easy to use! I can show someone the basics in 5 to 10 minutes and they are off and running creating favorites and dashboards. The software is updated every month and their support and documentation is outstanding. The product gives us the information we need faster than doing it in our ERP system. With a couple of clicks you can analyze you sales data and then quickly change views to look at the data in a completely different way. It very robust in all the options you have. The company is developing based on their customer needs, you can tell that they all want to help us achieve success with this product.

Cons

This is hard to say because their are few cons. We have requested enhancements and we have some support issues that are submitted. But we have no visibility , (web portal), to review what we already submitted. It would be nice to have a support portal to check open cases and enhancements we have submitted.

NIcholas from CDC-BME

Phocas is Amazing!

The biggest benefit is not having our sales reps rely on our IT department to create a report from an old legacy system. They also don't have to rely on standard out of the box reports that can be limited in scope. Phocas allows them to instantly dive into their sales data and find anything they need--from summary numbers to very specific sales data. In fact, this applies across all departments including management. The ease and flexibility of finding information is incredible.

Pros

Ease of use. Within seconds I can find the exact data I am looking for. It requires very little technical knowledge, however, I have set up many advanced sales--and even financial--reports using Custom Mode. The software loads quickly, and I have rarely encountered a bug. On the few occasions where I have emailed the support desk they ALWAYS respond quickly and have a solution implemented right away. This is definitely not the case with many other software companies that I deal with. I love Phocas.

Cons

This is very minor, but exporting reports could use some touch ups. Exporting to Excel comes with conditional formatting. Some users may like it, however I almost always remove the conditional formats because it dramatically slows down other functions I may perform with the data in Excel. Again, this is very minor as I understand the usefulness to some users of having the conditional formats already set up. I also occasionally print a report that displays in a weird format with regards to column headings and column widths.

Jim from Industrial Piping Systems

Industry: Wholesale

Phocas has helped us keep our salespeople on task

Phocas software is great! We are just scratching the surface with what it can do and look forward to using this more.

Pros

We have used Phocas since 2008 and have always liked how fast we can generate reports. The reports that I have setup to e-mail keep me informed on key indicators in our business. We started using CRM a couple of years ago and like how easy it is for our salespeople to enter calls on their mobile device.

Cons

I would like to see a better way to track and run reports on leads in CRM. Sometimes upgrades and support take a little longer the we would like.

Reasons for Choosing Phocas Business Intelligence

We like how easy it was to use and customize.

Jorge from Health Care Logistics

Best BI Tool

I love it, since we really started using phocas(last pug conference) I have decreased the amount of crystal reports by at least 75% or more.

Pros

This software allows me to gather databases from all over the organization and present the, to our users via dashboard/report or let them drive their own reporting.

Cons

It was a bit difficult to understand the Sync/dbdesigner part since documentation on this was a bit vague

Adam from Johnstone Supply-B&B Trade

Phocas Review

We use it for daily, weekly and monthly exception reporting for all areas of our business.

Pros

Cons

It doesn't have all the data in it we would like and sometimes it is difficult to get that data into Phocas. That may be more of an Eclipse limitation though.

Reasons for Choosing Phocas Business Intelligence

The ease of use and clean look.

Jason from Dingbro Ltd

Comprehensive Reporting & Business Building Tool

My overall experience with Phocas has been excellent, we use the system to monitor growing and declining sales to protect out business and easily identify buying gaps to help increase sales.

Pros

Ease of use, speed of reporting and level of detail available that can be accessed. Automated reporting saves a lot of time. Support from the account managers when required is excellent.

Cons

Sometimes some of the functionality could be improved further to allow more flexibility. An example here would be multiple options for subscriptions i.e. a weekly report that you could also set to receive at monthend without the need to create a new favourite. Nest function is a fantastic addition to the functionality but due to the way Phocas works you have to start at the bottom layer of data then build layers above.

alan from BSS

Cost effective Management Information

This replaced "hand crafted" Excel and VBA sheets over a 10 day period to the consumer , we then developed Phocas to suit our needs and one drop of data updates all users with all views in 1 day.

Pros

Ease of use , ability to develop our own customised views , one change updates all consumers of the views , scalable - we can add more data and create relationships to enrich existing views to the consumer , Enable better decision making data in dashboard views allowing the consumer to pic and choose what is important today . We have never looked back - we chose Phocas in 2013 to feed our front end business with tailor made views of data to enable swift decision making - we developed our support team to self create views from data feed through to data visualisation - this replaced our Excel and VBA sheets that were people hungry to produce - now we simply load our data periodically and the consumer can a see "all they want to see when they want to see it "

Cons

Understanding how the background of the product , as we decided from day one that we would be self sufficient in all our development needs and not many businesses had taken this approach with Phocas at that time.

Mike from Edges Electrical Group

Industry: Wholesale

BI software that let's me do it the way I want to do it.

Being able to run reports in minutes instead of hours has saved me so much time. It helps me work more efficiently.

Pros

What I most like about Phocas is I can get to the information I need by how I think about it. While someone else in my company can get to the same exact information in a totally different manner. The great thing is we get to the same exact information.

Cons

The thing I like least is the inability to print nice looking dashboards. We have sales meetings and the managers want to print each salesmen's information from a master dashboard. This way it can be handed out to each person so they can see their information as it is talked about generally in the meeting.

Reasons for Choosing Phocas Business Intelligence

We chose it because of its flexibility.

Stephanie from Crescent Electric

Industry: Logistics and Supply Chain

I've worked with Phocas for just a year, and absolutely LOVE it.

Pros

The ease of use is great, and has brought so much benefit to our company. We are able to customize reports and dashboards to our needs as a company, which is a huge deal. Getting reports out to our field is easy and painless. We use subscriptions constantly, and that has made many employee's lives easier.

Cons

I wish, still there was more ability to customize the report layouts. There are a lot of times when I have to create the report in Phocas, export it, and then do additional formatting in Excel. Also, the ability to download an entire dashboard would be amazing! It would make it so much easier than exporting each part individually.

Bo from Crescent Electric Supply

Very User Friendly Software

It's a great tool at a great value and it keeps improving. If you don't know what you're doing this team is more than happy to help you get off the ground and train you and set up your initial databases, they'll help you succeed.

Pros

The support team is great and very helpful. The software is very easy to learn for new users and people that aren't comfortable with an analytics tool. The tool is very intuitive and you can start doing analysis very quickly.

Cons

The Custom function does add depth of functionality, but it's hard to do certain formulas like Maxs, Mins, or Standard Deviations. The amount of graphics and charts is increasing but it would still be nice to have more.

James from Dayla

Phocas going forward

It is giving us an insight we have never had before into our performance and the measure ability especially in terms of profit and there link to rebates.

Pros

I am most excited about the ability to draw in different strands of information from the various software platforms we operate as part of the business. We generate so much data that frankly its too intimidating to consider analysis of it all without the services of Phocas

Cons

I would like to see more integration in the CRM side of the software. For instance our ERP is ultimately our primary CRM system aswell, so we manage the contacts there, but they do not automatically sync through to the contacts tab of the CRM section. Some further automation from existing systems would be nice.

DArren from Apta

Excellent Business Intelligence

Managing a sales force performance is key and the data provided by Phocas allows quick and easy benchmarking. There is also a superb level of output for the sales force to use to be better account managers and category champions.

Pros

The ability to dive into category data, and split by customers, customers groups, date ranges, sales rep, is excellent. Also the ability to present customers purchasing data to them via matrix reports and charts is very impressive.

Cons

Writing custom reports is a great feature but can be tricky if you dont do it very often.

Ian from Beesley & Fildes Ltd

Brilliant way to save precious time

We / I monitor and control stock and sales figures for a large multi-site company that is easily done by branch or area and quickly manipulate the figures to show the various results I require in an instant, I would be lost without it.

Pros

I like the instant, fluid information that lets me quickly get the information I want when I want it how I want it, sales me hours a week, what's not to like!

Cons

I wish to learn more about it to maximise on its benefits but find it a little expensive to do the course, other than that its brilliant.

Grahame from IG Group

Industry: Warehousing

Our experience over 16 years of Phocas usage

Pros

We have been a user of Phocas since 2003 and it has proved to be the single most useful piece of software we have ever used. We have our staff, customers and suppliers accessing the system, it is that good. Our suppliers prefer to use Phocas to their own in house systems and our customers say they have never seen anything as good. Without Phocas we would seriously struggle to know what is going on in our business.

Cons

There is nothing we don't really like...

mark from elring parts ltd

great staff , great system I have nothing but praise for Phocas

Pros

The system is great to use and easy , I like the fact I can customize reports and dashboards to suit my business.

Cons

I have no issues with the software, the system works well for us.

Gene from Lindenmeyr Munroe

Industry: Packaging and Containers

My experience

Use it everyday, helps service customers quickly.

Pros

Find out extended history on a customer; get transactional data over any specified time period; review usage by product category, vendor, customer, grade, order type, etc.

Cons

Can view on iPad, but not real clean: limiting fields in some of the functions tend to overlap making it impossible to do. Would like to abbreviate column headings, but cant.

CHRISTOPHER from Fleet Supply Warehouse, LLC

Phocas Software review

Sales and profit information by customer and product line is instantaneously available. I do not know how we functioned without it. Grat tool to analyze sales and profitability

Pros

Information Availability and speed of access to queries

Cons

We cannot link our customer price matrix database to our sales information

James from Spicers Paper / Kelly Paper

Industry: Paper & Forest Products

I'm a daily power user for focus and train our team. Best data analysis software to date!

Pros

The software is not only easy to use, and basically unbreakable, it is accessible almost anywhere. Hours have been saved thanks to the software. This is hands down the best software that i've ever used in my company.

Cons

Minor gripes about the interface and specific features that could be easily fixed. Currently running an older version, so 2016 may fix some of them

Cyndi from Edges Electrical Group

Phocas BI

We are an Electrical Distributor. We use Phocas in every facet of our business to pull data about sales, inventory, products.

Pros

Easy to use and understand. Logical thought processes to pull your data.

Cons

When using the Nesting feature you have to be right on the "Drag here" in order to have your other dimension stick. Sometimes you must try three or four times before it holds.

July 2015

Andrew from Cosatto Ltd

July 2015

Best piece of software ever!

Pros

Cons

Nothing really. I am not a lover of the weekly/ monthly user subscription model as unless you make a point of regularly reviewing the usage, as your business changes sometimes you end up paying for users that have stopped using it. However that's really our problem rather than theirs.

Dianne from VP Supply Corp

Love Phocas!

Pros

I have been a Phocas user for a couple of years. Being a SHIMS user, we are always looking for software to enhance it and make the end users lives easier. Phocas has been a great fit for us.

Cons

We started using the CRM database about 6 months ago. After a somewhat rocky start, the salesforce is finally embracing the technology.

Jerry from Everflow

Industry: Wholesale

Easy to use and learn. Powerful, but not intimidating.

Pros

This software deals with large amounts of data with exceptional speed and simplicity putting relevant data at your finger tips. Easy to convince people to use

Cons

Limited in complex searches. CRM is Limited. Whenever you get a software that offers simplcity, there is some sacrifice on flexibility, but it is worth the sacrifice

David from Burdens Plumbing

Phocas review

We have improved margin, customer retention, staff output and much more.

Pros

Data is very powerful when used properly. Easy to use once leaned and it's extremely quick to extract important data.

Cons

Some bugs still sit in the software. Not a lot but they are annoying when they do pop up.

Brandon from American Metals Supply

March 2015

The first place I turn to find answers

Pros

Phocas is like Legos. With a little creativity, you can build almost anything you'll ever need to find and solve problems with stats. Simple but consistent and powerful.

Cons

The product always gives quick, accurate results; however, the support team does not. We get very custom with how we use the BI, and it feels like high-end users know more about the product than the advocates. It takes time to get details worked out on new databases, and we have been skipped over for upgrades in the past.

Vinod from ICU Medical

Best BI in the market

Team at Phocas has been very customer focused, easy to deal with. We have used this software for almost 2 years and have changed the way we do business today as all information is only a few clicks away.

Pros

The ease to use and train employees on this BI tool makes it best in the market. The power of building your own databases, customizing reports and the level of customer service is outstanding.

Cons

There isn't much I don't like about this software.

Joseph from Dixie Plywood Company

Great product

OLIVIA from WHCI PLUMBING SUPPLY COMPANY

Simplified Tool for business data

Pros

I'm able to see various snapshots of all the data that drives my business decisions in one place - and even better - I am able to slice and dice the data in different ways so as to get in depth analysis when needed

Cons

Not in real time (at least for my organization) - the data downloads every night so we have to wait until next day to see numbers up until the previous day

Agnes from Riley Sales

Marketing Manager

Pros

Phocas allows me to track the results of sales promotions with ease. It also lets me focus in on under performing product classes and identify the root cause. It's one of the best software programs we have.

ken from Martec

INcrease knowledge

we use Phocas to gain a better understanding of our customer transactions and history. we used this to review what if customer verses product purchases and this enabled us to put some attention to opportunities we had not seen before, increasing sales by 5%

Pros

allowed data analysis that improved our ERP system. enabled decisions that increased sales

Cons

remembering how to use all of the features

Earl from All Round Supplies

Phocas Software Review

Pros

* How quickly you can slice and dice your data * Reliability of data * No hidden costs and no extra charges * Support desk that helps and does not charge

Cons

* Remembering how to do things, * Inability to manage your favourites or saved reports e.g. folder arrangement would be great

Gar from Spicers paper

Industry: Paper & Forest Products

Phocas Software review

Helps me stay up to date with what happened and anticipate coming trends

Pros

Easy to use, quick access, daily reporting

Cons

Cant streamline some of the reporting not a timely report process

Dan from Wausau Supply Co.

Great Sales Aid

Very easy to use and love the ability to quickly frill down information.

Pros

Being able to pull customer data quickly. I can identify customers opportunities and successes with the sales data.

ERIN from THE GRANITE GROUP

phocas review

I would say it is a positive experience helps me track what sale are most profitable. I would 100% recommend it to anyone looking to grow sales.

Pros

It is so useful to be able to track my sales and returns. It also has many great features for tracking sales and proformance.

Cons

its not always easy to find things and it doesn't always update.

Tara from Profast Ltd

makes my job a whole lot easier//...

All in all great product and I would highly recommend

Pros

its user friendly and easy to get around, produces reports quickly, analysis of data is at your fingetips

Cons

Customising reports can be hard to navigate around

George from Stax

The best way to overcome and compliment the traditional spreadsheet model for analysing your business.

Pros

An easy to use and intuitive way to segment audience, sales and kpi's Simple user interface Continued development

Cons

Adding new data sources as an end user Not being able to automate feeds from Phocas into other databases or systems

Tom from Echo Group

Phocas delivers.

Pros

I like that the company is as easy to work with as their software. Great team, and a great product. Delivers the data we need to drive our business forward. This offering is flexible and tailored to your needs. Its both lighter and more simplified than comparable offerings and still delivers a powerful punch of data.

anne from dentsplysirona

phocas - easy

I check my clients what they are purchasing - and compare over 12 month period - very helpful in meetings - opens discussions. Client also likes to see their order history.

Pros

Clear - easy to use and find the information I require

Cons

Have not found anything yet! I love the software has all the information I need to conduct my business on a day to day routines.

Rob from Audio Active

Industry: Consumer Electronics

Progressive Reporting package adding value

Phocas has made Monthly reporting made easier to put together and share with the team. Implementation was relatively straight forward. Priced about right.

Pros

Simple to use Modern and up to date software Graphics and Dashboard are value adding Training opportunities Web based - access anywhere

Cons

Relies on good internet connection (obviously)

Sam from Interfix

Phocas review

Insights into where customer spend is dropping off, or margin being eroded can be instantly visible.

Pros

Flexibility - you can drill down into almost anything with no pre-set barriers

Cons

It can be complicated to get your head round how to find what you want sometimes..

Julia from Eastbrook

Eastbrook Review

Does help me to identify which areas within my customers business need growth. Information is given in a clear and concise way.

Pros

Very simple and easy to use. Easy to navigate.

Cons

Sometimes can be very slow. Have to press CTRL & F5 to clear it.

Jared from AAMP Global

Industry: Logistics and Supply Chain

Super User Friendly and Powerful Tool!

Pros

Phocas is super easy to use and a powerful tool for our management team. It is easy to get our staff up and running on the platform.

Cons

I wish it had more options for combining streams and plotting the data on using both the horizontal and vertical axis.