All Opera Reviews

Arturo

Marketing and Advertising, 2-10 employees

Reviewed July 2021

The search engine for the most demanding (gamers)

I would define it as the browser that we should all try sometime, because it adjusts to your needs in your daily life, it adjusts to the applications you use the most and you have a response when searching infinitely faster than in other browsers, it saves battery, you have integrated ad blocker and the best thing is that you have the gamer version just as free, happy searching!

PROS

What I liked most about this browser, is that it is so customized, you can adjust everything to your liking, at first I thought it was going to be a little complicated, but the truth is that it is not, in the settings you can perfectly set what kind of features you want for your browser and which ones you want to hide. Personally I changed to this browser, because in a few days I was using programs that consumed a lot of my computer, and this surprisingly consumes very little, in order to have more efficiency when working. I use Opera GX which is the same, but gives you a gamer touch for those people who are in that world, the interface is quite attractive. Another very important security advantage is that it comes with an Ad Blocker, along with hidden trackers, for those malicious pages that you find on the web, this is something very positive and an extra point. On the left side, you can manage several things at the same time, such as viewing your messaging messages, checking which tabs consume the most of your computer, cleaning your cache and history, etc.

CONS

It may be that, there are quite a few features that you can get saturated in a certain way, since at the beginning everything is enabled by default, such as sound when typing, opening a new tab, sound of notifications, etc. But this can be simply removed or lowered in the settings, or simply muted in the settings. But in general, the problems I find with this search engine are very minimal, as it is tailored to try to consume much of your computer compared to other search engines.

Jaison

Consumer Services, 11-50 employees

Reviewed May 2021

By far the best browsing app

I've always used Chrome and Firefox, but from time to time I had to go back to Opera because of the new features. The other browsers would take so time to implement some of the features, so I decided to stick with the company looking towards the new. Opera became really good at serving what I was expecting.

PROS

The sidebar from the latests updates is increadible. Makes browsing so simple. The tabs manages is also a big plus. I use a lot of tabs for work, so I can manage 30~40 pages with the "group" option and check Whatsapp/Instagram/Telegram inside the app. The pop-out video options is also great.

CONS

Sometimes the browser will simply crash. It doesn't stay there processing, it simply closes the app, but when I open again everything is there, like nothing happened.

Reasons for switching to Opera

Chrome and Firefox were always going head-to-head, copying each others features and Opera was looking at another direction, searching for new stuff. That made me stick with them.

Tiego

Computer Games, 1 employee

Reviewed March 2024

Opera review

PROS

Is nice when it comes to other things and is good with searching task

CONS

It has flaws with ad blocking It will tell you you blocked the ads then later on the ads are back

Ramunas

Civil Engineering, 1 employee

Reviewed February 2024

One of the best browsers there are

PROS

It's free. It's trusted. Easy to get used to.

CONS

Slightly less extensions than in chrome.

Reason for choosing Opera

I use different browsers for different task.

Geoffrey

Management Consulting, 2-10 employees

Reviewed September 2021

It works for our company

Speed and flexibility gains are my experience of Opera. The VPN makes it shine for me adding the Adnauseam extension further helped with reducing exposure on the internet.

PROS

The VPN differentiates Opera from other major players

CONS

The number of instances of Opera takes up valuable disc and system spaces

Reason for choosing Opera

Epic is just too private with no history retained. Otherwise it's the VPN

The VPN is the driver

Viktor

Computer Software, 10,000+ employees

Reviewed February 2023

Longtime loyal Opera user

I have been very satisfied with the Opera I have been using for many years. It ensures fast and safe surfing on the Internet.

PROS

My favourite feature is Speed Dial, it speeds up the work extremely - I don't have to remember the web pages URLs. Integrated by default VPN, AdBlocker are very useful. Account Synchronisation is also perfect, but SideBar with messaging apps and fast setting are the best of best features.

CONS

There are few of them, but very rarely a web pages is displayed badly. Chat apps sometimes get stuck and need to refresh.

Reasons for switching to Opera

Opera is more user friendly, faster and contains integrated VPN and AdBlocker.

Geetika

Hospitality, 10,000+ employees

Reviewed February 2023

Opera Search Engine, Good but Underrated Software

Overall Opera is good and one of the popular browsers that helps to read the complex java scripts. It has attractive pinboards, bookmarks bar and themes that makes it interactive.

PROS

I found it attractive and very useful, the best thing is that it use less RAM and saves the battery in the device. The pin boards makes it very interactive.

CONS

It works slow and at this time it considered an underrated browsers. Many times it shows different results for your searches.

Reasons for switching to Opera

I found the chrome more faster and its integration with other google apps.

Nurullah

Financial Services, 1 employee

Reviewed June 2022

Opera Nu

I've been using it more and more since they changed their interface.

PROS

Although I open a lot of tabs, it does not use the memory of my device much, so I can do my work more fluently.

CONS

I've been using this software for a long time and at first the interface was bad, but it has changed and renewed a lot in the last few years.

Reasons for switching to Opera

I wanted to give it another chance since they changed the interface.

Alexandru Cristian

Internet, 201-500 employees

Reviewed August 2022

I tried Opera to see how it ranks amongst its competitors

My overall experience with Opera was a good one for the short period of time I have used it. A reliable and stable browser with multiple functionalities embedded.

PROS

I liked the most the fact that you can chat directly from the browser (on the left side menu), the fact that it has a VPN and ad-blocker included inside the browser.

CONS

I do not have any cons, but I just noticed that it doesn't have that spark to make me switch from Chrome / Firefox or Edge.

Reasons for switching to Opera

I made the switch because Mozilla FIrefox seemed a more modern browser and more stable than Opera.

Christopher

Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 5,001-10,000 employees

Reviewed November 2022

My experience with Opera

Well I would say it is my 3rd option for browsing the internet I have only enjoyed it a few times but not entirely to my satisfaction

PROS

I would say that alot of features in Opera are present in other browsers but the features I like most is it's download speed and free browsing to a certain extent

CONS

There have been alot of times opera have failed to load webpages though having a good internet connection and it crashes a few times when loading some webpages

Reasons for switching to Opera

Chrome wasn't functional at that moment so I had to switch to Opera

Ansh

Automotive, 11-50 employees

Reviewed September 2022

Fastest browsing search engine

My experience with opera was great as mostly I need to search for a lot many things on the Internet and do lots of research work. So I need quick access to different pages and a better refreshing rate which opera provides me. The software has been great for me and helped me a lot for my bussiness research. I will recommend it for people looking for a great and fast search engine.

PROS

The best thing about opera is that it is one of the fastest browsing search engines available in the market. The reloading speed of opera is also great. There is a multiple tab opening tool in the software which makes you visit different pages in a single go. It is one of the best software for quick Internet surfing and gathering informations.

CONS

There is something which I noticed while using opera is that that sometimes it is not able to open some big heavy pages, it lags and becomes unresponsive for a while and opera also needs to improve its downloading speed as downloading speed of the software is average if compared to other search engine. Otherwise it is a great search engine option.

Reviewed January 2022

Great Browser with more privacy than other browsers

Great experience and continue to use for the privacy the browser allows for

PROS

Its speed and security are two of the main reasons why I use it. Opera also has a built-in ad blocker, which is great for reducing distractions on websites. Overall, Opera Browser is a fast, secure, and customizable web browser that I recommend using.

CONS

Nothing that I didn't like, although sometimes I forget the logo

More privacy integrated

Reasons for switching to Opera

More privacy and do not like google

Murtaza

Food & Beverages, 201-500 employees

Reviewed April 2022

Browsing with Privacy

PROS

Opera is a very user-friendly browser and it can be customized as per user requirements. The sidebar options help quickly access all the messengers that I often use while working. Another option that encouraged me to use this browser frequently because of the free VPN which connects instantly and unblocks websites and somehow it has improved my experience of using a website where I update food menu prices the same website which opens up very slow on my local internet but with opera VPN the experience is totally different and I am really glad about the performance I get. Another thing the VPN also works with Private browsing, unlike Google Chrome where the extensions are disabled when in private mode. The browser comes with a built-in Ad-blocker which really does the job.

CONS

It comes with a lot of addons by default which I believe should be a user's choice to opt for them or not. Limited add-ons choice.

Mahin Bin Raihan

Education Management, 501-1,000 employees

Reviewed August 2022

Compatible browser for all configuration of devices.

PROS

Opera is very much stable and it can be used as your default browser. It provides all the features that one could be needed. So undoubtedly, I will recommend it.

CONS

It has some not useful features. It's speed is not satisfying enough. And the extension that comes with it, most of them are outdated.

Zakaria

Computer Hardware, 1 employee

Reviewed May 2022

is opera the greatest browser?

overall experience I would say that opera is a good browser, I would really recommend it for people who want to use a lighter browser on the device.

PROS

Opera is a really good browser, I'm using it for a quit long time in addition to many other browsers, But I found opera is different, I really like the new version of this browser, it looks good, and I really like the new interface, looks easy to use. Opera has many great features like the included VPN, you can use it just with a one-click, I really like the smoothness of the browser, it doesn't use many resources from your device, and the tab management looks great making the surfing on the browser easy for you.

CONS

the software needs a little bit of improvement on the security side.

Paulo

Business Supplies and Equipment, 51-200 employees

Reviewed October 2022

Opera review

PROS

Very intuitive, and very light on the PC, i don't have any problem searching anything, it has a great adblocker, and its very easy to use.

CONS

It could have a better bookmark, a bit confusing and difficult to access

Sasha Birgit

Banking, 51-200 employees

Reviewed December 2023

I am heartbroken as I have been using Opera for many years...

PROS

So far I like the layout and the functions but they don't work anymore. :-(

CONS

...than the problem startet. First of all the new tab grouping function that I did not like. But what really made me leave opera that overnight the synchronisation of tabs did not work anymore. I reloaded manually twice. Checked my synchronisation in the browser which was activated. After a while I decide to leave. Such a shame in this world, that the few good things around are failing too.

Kareem

Computer Software, 201-500 employees

Reviewed January 2023

Opera review

PROS

Opera is one of the greatest OG browsers, it has really great features and safe browsing.

CONS

opera uses a little more resources than other browsers I've used.

Mustafa

Management Consulting, 11-50 employees

Reviewed April 2022

Easy usage searches

I like the user friendly interface of Opera and also I use very often VPN and it is very easy to change VPN in Opera when needed. I can easiy recommend Opera even at least for this option.

PROS

One of things that like most is the VPN option. Opera has its own VPN feature. So you do not need to install an extra software to add your browser if you need VPN usage. Opera is fast and easy to use. Its menus are very useful. When you highlight a phrase in a text you do not need to right click on it to copy. Before you right click Opera asks you if you copy it.

CONS

Openning many frames at the same time sometimes can be problemetic, it can take time.

Gbadamosi