• Pros

• "Its very easy and simple .. when showing new staff how to work the system its very simple."

• "Overall I think this is an excellent product. Completes all the bookings, money in the bank and NO double bookings. Wouldn't be without it now. "

• "It saves me a lot of time when it comes to accounting."

• Cons

• "Some objects cannot be customised as fully as I would like but they normally find an alternative to help solve the issue."

• "The colours are very faint and I often cant see continuation of current day when I scroll down the monthly chart. also PLEASE can we have a vacant pitch list on the current days."

• "Only one negative from me would be the software ability to visualise the dates with the chart screen functionality. "

Browse CampManager Reviews

Sabina from Laneside Caravan Park

Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Its completely changed our business…for the better!

CampManager has enabled us to take all the guess work out of our occupancy and as a result has increased bookings. Not only are we generating more income, but we are also able to see the least successful parts of our caravan park and change them to pitches we know will sell better. As a result of CampManager all aspects of our business have improved.

Pros

The online booking facility for our website. Most of our bookings are now being made online. Because of this our occupancy has increased dramatically over the 3 years we have used this system.

Cons

This is a hard one as there really isn’t a lot we don’t like. I would say the way we download our arrival templates to print on labels. It’s a very long job and could be improved by a ‘print all’ option. But that’s just nit picking, overall, it’s a great system!

Response from CampStead

Replied August 2018

Hi Sabina, Thanks for your review of CampManager. Glad to hear the system is working so well for you. With regards to your comment about printing labels. If you have an individual label printer, I should be able to get this setup for you in CampManager to make this process much quicker and easier for you. :)

June 2016

Annie from Glendaruel Caravan Park

June 2016

User Friendly and Time Saving

I have now used Camp Manager for just over a year. It has made park management so much easier. Record keeping and analysis is so quick to do. More bookings are being made online freeing up more time. Busy holiday times are much easier to cope with.

Pros

Efficient booking in system. Easy to follow. Ideal for our small holiday park. All card transactions are processed through the site and I have done away with the other card terminal. Much more secure and easier to manage. The Campstead Team have been very helpful throughout and are very quick to respond to requests for help. The system isn't static, additional functions have been added to the system.

Cons

On the whole delighted. It would be useful to be able to print off the Unit Summary in the Static Home Section. It would also be useful to be able to do a group email and newsletter from the system but you can still copy information into an excel spreadsheet and use it from there.

Mark from Fishguard Bay Ltd

July 2016

Good, but wish it could do more

The guys at Campstead are a pleasure to work with and the system is generally very good. Simple to learn and use without techy overload. My only gripe is that when asking for certain reports I am told the system cannot do that and I have to download everything into a spreadsheet to then cut from. A bespoke report tool or capability would be nice, as would a CRM module.

Pros

Simplicity

Cons

Not comprehensive enough

September 2015

Emily from Braemar caravan park

September 2015

Overall a good system, with great staff

Campmanager does allow us to make bookings and change bookings quite easily and the support if you have a problem is brilliant (Kenny Martin has been our main point of contact and is always very helpful, friendly and responds very quickly). It means we no longer need a white board with all on site as all the info you need is on the computer. A couple of things missing that we'd find helpful with the system; -There is no 'back' button, so if customers who add something or change something half way through a booking being taken, then you generally need to start all over again. -Analytics is quite limited. We would like to know how people heard about us, as well as if they are a repeat customer, or in the caravan club etc, so an option for 'how did you hear about us', and another box to tick if they are in a club such as the caravan club, would be helpful. -when cashing up, we need to separate income from tents against income from other units, but in the accounts section this does not allow you to do this quickly and you generally have to go through all the transactions to find out which are tent and which are other. An option in the account section for this would be very helpful.

Response from CampStead

Replied September 2015

Hi Emily, We really appreciate your feedback and comments, and we would like to assist you based on the points you have raised. - No Back Button - There is a back button located at the top right of the screen. Pressing this will bring you back to the availability screen, retaining all the information you had entered, such as the arrival and departure dates, number of adults, children etc.. - Analytics - An option can be added online allowing you to collect information on how customers found out about you. You can also customise your booking sources. We would be delighted to set this up for you. We can also integrate Google Analytics into your online booking system, allowing you to track which websites customers have come from. - Cashing up - Separating camping income from touring can be done very easy by customising your nominal codes. You will also be able to export this data to Excel. We will contact you to discuss these in more detail. Kind Regards, CampManager

Christine from Llyn Rhys Campsite

Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

The very Efficient and Effective Time-Saver.

I have a small campsite in Llandegla, Denbighshire and run it single handedly. For me it was a big step to move to online booking and it is the best decision I have made. I used it for the tail end of last season and this year it will be my first full season. Already it has reduced the phone calls and having to phone/email my customers with deposit details etc. All deposits are paid via SagePay straight into my bank account and all the customers details and bookings are entered straight into the package Before CampManager, bookings were always entered into my diary in the office with notes on the back of envelopes and pieces of paper left by family members with bookings and instructions to phone somebody back etc., lots of emails and lots of runs to the bank to pay in the takings. Now I can check and organise my bookings on my phone/laptop or computer anywhere and at any time and the bookings paid by card are paid straight into my bank account. The package is very user friendly; everything you need to know about the bookings is easily accessible, it will definitely help me to plan ahead more easily and the accounts are ready to go. I cannot praise the CampManager staff enough. The setting up was easy; they worked with my web provider and SagePay, I had to provide the relevant information and it all came together with a lot less pain and effort than I thought. Any queries, the staff responds quickly and no trouble is too big or small. An excellent package.

Pros

As in my review, very user friendly and it's easy to get the big picture of the bookings that have been taken and what balances are owed and notes about the booking are all in one place

Cons

Taking bookings on the phone and if they are paying their deposit by BACS the balance comes up as zero

Gerwyn from Pencelli Castle Caravan and Camping Park

Very happy

The programme seems to cover every aspect required to run a busy caravan and camping park. It is a finely tuned piece of work that keeps evolving as and when required. The initial set up was simple (we did nothing, CSR did it all). This included entering pitches, site fees, setting up Sage Pay and linking to our bank account, etc, etc. The demo and subsequent tutorial over the phone was plain and concise. The pièce de résistance is their after care. Never have I waited on the phone longer than 3 rings for a reply. They are always happy and eager to help no matter how simple or stupid my questions must sound to them. Changing your booking program is a big thing to do but changing to CampManager is the best thing we have done in many years.

Pros

Customer care Easy to use Online booking has increased our sales

Cons

Nothing to dislike.

Response from CampStead

Replied August 2018

Hi Gerwyn, Many thanks for your glowing review of CampManager. So glad to hear how well the system is working for you.

Philip from BARRHILL HOLIDAY PARK

Barrhill Holiday Park

Great to work with. If anything needs updated or changed its always done straight away with no hassle.

Pros

Cons

One thing I would like to see on my booking page is a calendar month view so people can see at a glance if the dates are available, instead of entering individual dates.

Response from CampStead

Replied August 2018

Hi Philip, Thanks for your great review of CampManager. Glad it is working so well for you. I will get one of our web developers to add to your website some availability calendars for the Rental Accommodation. Sorry, I should have mentioned to you previously that this was possible. Will be in touch shortly.

Kirsten from Church Stile Holiday Park

Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Efficient system with helpful service.

Very positive, the staff are always helpful.

Pros

The software is reliable and user friendly. The support team are always excellent. We get consistently positive feedback on the ease of use from our customers. We have found that we are getting increasing number of online bookings which means we aren't constantly on the telephone to customers at all hours.

Cons

Group bookings aren't that easy and it would be nice to have a facility to link bookings. We get quite a lot of family groups staying, each with different criteria, and it would be useful to have a way of booking these more simply.

Mark from Nicholaston Farm Caravan and Campsite

Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Now booking for our 4th season with CampManager - simple and effective system with great support.

Great management information and excellent back up enables us to closely monitor our business performance on a year by year basis.

Pros

Easy to use for booking in our office. The system is also very easy to interrogate for management information to aid marketing campaigns. The ability to export to excel is also useful to create mailout lists to Mailchimp.

Ed from West Stow Pods

Industry: Gambling & Casinos

Customer Service second to none!

The whole experience, from the moment we first set eyes on Niall at the Glamping show, has improved our whole business management no end. It is almost a delight to wake up in the morning! Although the experience hasn't always been plain sailing, in terms of coming to grips with the new system, it is brilliant now and I'm so glad we made the switch. I can't get over how unfailingly patient the guys are...they need a pay rise!

Pros

The ease of use...massively helped by the lovely staff who are always so helpful, cheerful and patient! We love Campmanager!

Cons

Not being able to make a direct refund to a customer

Response from CampStead

Replied August 2018

Hi Ed, Thanks so much for your great review of CampManager. Glad the system is working so well for your Glampsite.

Kathleen from Acorns Naturist Retreat

Camp Manager - a flexible, user friendly, booking system

Acorns Naturist Retreat offers camping, static home rental, bed & breakfast and day visits. Until a year ago we made all our booking on paper, as the site has grown and become busier we needed a system that would be flexible enough to deal with the different accommodation that we offer. Camp Manager was able to tailor a system to meet all of our requirements. This has resulted in a more efficient booking system, no more last minute panics about double bookings. We no longer have a huge postage bill as most of our booking confirmations are sent by email. We run a bar and restaurant and Camp Manager is able to itemise each customers restaurant and bar bill on their invoice. This is something the customers like. From an accounting point of view, it has saved a tremendous amount of time and like wise we can see at the click of a button all kinds of statistics related to our bookings. Like everything that is new it takes time to get used to and the Camp Manager team have always been at the end of the phone to help with any query however trivial.

Pros

It saves me a lot of time when it comes to accounting.

Cons

You can only view one month at a time, sometimes it would be useful to view two months if a booking covers two months it would save you having to scroll between the two.

Louise from Globe Vale Holiday Park Ltd

Using CampManager

We are able to easily look at individual customer details - bookings, invoices raised etc. The Customer Service is excellent - always very helpful. I can now invoice quarterly electric/water easily. Can keep track of storage customers payments easily as well

Pros

Easy to learn the basics, system covers all areas of running a holiday park with a wide range of services/facilities.

Cons

Difficult to look at the 'History' of a booking - if a customer has made changes the system uses Notepad for details of emails etc. which is not easy to read through. Does not integrate well with pitchup.com. It causes more work for us as minimal details are transferred to CampManager, plus allocating specific pitches not ideal. Not happy about paying CampManager for more than 10 allocated pitches, particularly as the 2 systems do not work well together.

Rachel from Fortrose Bay Campsite

Taylor made for your campsite!

Amazing customer service!!!! Really impressed with the diversity of the software.

Pros

Can see day to day who's coming and going and staying. Customers love the site map and find the booking process easy. The Chart clearly show which pitches are free/ occupied and you can change from week view to month view.

Cons

Took me a good couple of months to be completely confident with the system, but im a bit of a techno phobe ! The Campmanager team are available at the end of the phone/email to sort out any issues though.

Response from CampStead

Replied August 2018

Hi Rachel, Thanks for your great review of CampManager. Its good to see that it is working so well for your campsite.

beccy from Donkey Creek Farm Caravan Park

perfect easy to use booking system

Pros

So easy to use and navigate, the support help is useful, Contacting support couldn't be easier and always are willing to help.

Cons

the only thing i find difficult is setting up vouchers... struggle to understand the way it is set up.

Response from CampStead

Replied August 2018

Hi Beccy, Thanks so much for your review of CampManager. Glad the system is working well for your new caravan park. With regards to the Voucher Code Facility within CampManager. I know this can be complicated if not using it often, as there are many variables when setting Voucher Codes. Don't worry, the support team has this covered for you. Just get in touch anytime you need a Voucher Code setup, and we will be happy to do this for you.

Georgie from Canada Fields Caravan Park

Fantastic Serivce

Everything is so easy and very simple with this system , would highly recommend it to any business. needing help with booking's .

Pros

Cons

How it logs you out so often

Ben from Norden Farm Campsite

So glad I made the move!

Buying this system has saved me so much time! The staff are working in a much more stress free environment. The guys on the end of the phone are always so helpful and a real asset to the company.

Pros

Campmanager from the outset was just very easy to use and understand. You could almost use it without having much training at all.

Cons

I miss a few simple things from are old system that's not on this one - Camp manager are gradually working towards adding some of these.

Response from CampStead

Replied August 2018

Hi Ben, Thanks so much for your review of CampManager. Glad the system is working well for your Campsite.

Lauren from The Pickaquoy Centre

Pickaquoy Review

We normally deal with Kenny who is very helpful and efficient. We find campstead easy to use, almost so easy you could get through a booking without training!

Pros

Simple to use, simple to edit a booking

Cons

Cant make more than one booking at a time.

Kyle from Craig Tara Deluxe Caravan Holidays

The upfront is a bit Steep, but CampManager is the best investment we have ever made

Tons, we have a complete system that we can customise with just a phone call to the guys at CampManager

Pros

Easy to use, very simple to learn. Great customer support. Easy to adapt to specific needs, We asked for a large custom project to be created for us and thanks to the great team over at CampManager we now have it that we can proudly show to our customers.

Majdi from ffrith park

Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

we can't manage the site without it

from the a minute I made the phone call every thing went smoothly. so easy to use, save staff cost, you can access the management system with no restriction on number of devices and no extra cost, so you access the system from anywhere, 24h support service any amendments can be done straight away . we opened the site just before the summer holidays with no experience and all went perfect we couldn't done it with campmanager .

Pros

every thing

Cons

self explanatory

Gillian from Buckdencamping

Industry: Facilities Services

Buckdencamping

Allows for an actuate easily minable system for looking and customers and accounts

Pros

Ease of use, reliability. Allows you to easily keep track of all bookings

Cons

Might have liked a column to record my expenses

Response from CampStead

Replied August 2018

Thanks Gill for your review of CampManager. Glad to hear the system is working well for your business.

Liz from Little Trethvas Holidays

Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Free at last from diaries!

freed me up no end. no messy ring binder diearies with pages loose anymore YAY More professional look to the business.

Pros

easy to see who is coming and who is here. who owes money. the monthly charts to see blocks of spaces.

Jane from Martleaves Farm Campsite

Super software

We were running a chaotic site and now everything is calm and ordered. Customer service help is exceptional.

Pros

I love the ease of use, the customer service and the blacklist button!

Cons

No cons! Nothing not to like. Even my technophobe other half can use parts of it!

Response from CampStead

Replied August 2018

Thanks Jane for your great review of CampManager. Glad the system is working so well for you.

Rachel from Alders Caravan Park

July 2016

Family run caravan park review

We had resisted moving to an online booking system for years, but the after hours telephone calls persuaded us to at least listen to the sales pitch from Camp manager. Early days but very pleased with the system so far. Extremely easy to use and our staff are actually enjoying using it! Customer feedback has also been very positive.

Pros

Ease of use.. very easy to navigate between options. Mistakes are easily corrected. Feel we are not missing out on bookings if we don't answer the phone at 10pm! Also Kenny's backup is fantastic!!

Cons

Did feel expensive and had to try and not think about the system paying for itself in terms of more bookings (that would be hard to achieve) but more as a way of making life easier!

Jane from Caerfai Farm Campsite

A great product and fantastic service.

We are very happy with the service provided by CampStead/CampManager. Some finer aspects we have needed to change or adapt, have been very swiftly dealt with and solutions found within the day or even hour! The only thing we would like to see a change with is possibly to be able to see the days of the month as you scroll down on "CHARTS" - month outlook, which would be so useful to us to use when in our reception, so that we are able to quickly scan available pitches without going into the system fully and entering a persons details; as at the moment we have to keep a finger or a ruler on the screen to mark the day position - if that makes sense. (I know we have mentioned this in the past, so there may well be a reason why this is not possible). Customers are finding it really easy to make a booking and we are not answering the phone every few minutes - brilliant!! Kenny and other staff are always so polite and obliging. It has genuinely changed things for the better here, thank you so much and keep up the good work!

Victoria from Burtree Lakes Holiday Park

Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Can't rate Camp Manager highly enough!

The guidance and assistance I've received over the last year has been invaluable. Kenny has been an absolute superstar.

Pros

Once the required fields have been completed, there's so much information available to view

Cons

Nothing as I know I can always call for assistance

Chris from Wookey Hole Caves

Excellent software

Still waiting on an integration with Hoseasons, however this is delayed by them not CampManager, we hope this will be live soon.

Pros

Very simple and easy to use, training others is a breeze. Support are great if you have any queries and are always willing to help.

Michaela from Atlantic Reach Ltd

What a great move for our business....

We now have a hassle free booking system which has allowed us to improve all aspects of our holiday sale administration, the team are much happier with their new system and it's functionality which almost does the thinking for them! The support team at CampManager have been fantastic with their constant support and ability to respond to many demands that have been made, a smooth transition all round and we are delighted with the finished product....

Pros

The simplicity of the functionality with the software and the system is extremely user friendly.

Ian from Studfold

November 2015

Life has become so much easier!

I eventually made the decision to enter into online booking after much deliberation. How I wish that I had done it earlier! CampManager has been a 'godsend' to our Caravan and Camping Park. All the hassle of weekend planning has been eliminated, customers can choose their own pitch and opt for other options. My worries about 2 customers turning up on the same date for the same pitch were completely unfounded and we have not had a single problem throughout the whole season. In addition any help or explanation needed has been given by the CampManager team with patience and clear instruction, the whole system works with common sense and practicality. CampManager has also enabled me to modernise my record keeping for the Static Caravan part of our business, the sending of invoices can now be done quickly and easily. If there are any other doubters out there my advice would be to 'just go for it'!

Alex from Westgate Resorts

If You Have a Campground, This is for you

Really good so far. Our GM of our campgrounds division swears its the best program he's every seen of this type so when your top people are loving it, you know it's a success.

Pros

Our Florida campground and RV park area is massive and we use this religiously now as the management tool for virtually all of it. the interactive site view of your campground still impresses me every time I am on property and see it in action. LOL. I wish someone developed it for hotels.

Cons

Our people occasionally have issues with printing in batch versus one at a time printing for labels, and the booking chart is a little harsh on the retinas, but other than these two minor things, it's a great piece of software.

Lesley from NFD ltd, Findhorn Bay Holiday Park

Findhorn Bay Holiday Park

very good program easy to use , support staff all very helpful. Online bookings are now taking off .

Pros

ease of use

Cons

some reports are still csv files

Chris from NEWMAN INTERNATIONAL ACADEMY

Does What It Says

Pros

Camp Manager allows me to organize the campouts we take with Scouts. That's all I need, and all I want. It's not overly fancy, nor overly complicated, but I don't want it to be. I can use this to make sure we have a roster, then use that info for everything else I need. It's nice to have one place that I can use for Boy, Venture, Cub, and even Girl Scouts.

Cons

Some people in my group found the login process tricky. I didn't, but it's something to be aware of.

Keith from getaway2france

A Great Management Tool.

Campmanager is an excellent product giving us an efficient and automated tool in which to manage and record our campsite reservations. Along with the integration of our card payment system, our customers benefit by having clear visibility of our vacancies, and an easy booking experience, making it simple for the customer to reserve either by credit or debit card. Automatic emails are sent out saving us time and making the whole time between booking and holiday efficient and professionally managed. The back up provided by the staff at Campstead is excellent, there is always someone at the end of the phone to handle any problems and all amendments and requests are carried out very quickly.

Helena from The Hamlet at Samlesbury Hall

CampManager

It has helped us massively, before we were using a paper based system and Camp Manager has saved heaps of time for us and basically simplified everything!

Pros

I like how easy this software is to use, it's straightforward and very user friendly.

Cons

It's not a negative at all, but I think the multiple bookings could be made a little bit easier to use.

Pollyanna from Thornton's Holt

April 2016

Effective and easy to use software supported by great customer service

Camp Manager is reliable and effective software that makes online booking clear and simple, and allows multiple staff users to access the system simultaneously. Our staff have found it is easy to use. A large percentage of our customers are choosing the online booking option, saving staff time and increasing bookings by attracting customers who wish to book in the evenings when the staff are unavailable. As Camp Manager can be accessed from any internet device including phones, managers can view bookings, invoices and accounts when out and about on the park, or away from site. Support staff at Camp Manager are always available and helpful.

Jan from My Cornish Escape

CampManager Review

Very good, always helpful and friendly and nothing is too much trouble.

Pros

Easy to use and does what we need it to do

Cons

We were hoping to be able to link with Hoseasons but appears now we cannot. Think this is because of Hoseasons pricing structure.

Stephanie from Horam Manor Touring Park

March 2016

Excellent system,quick and simple to use,very good telephone support

We have found that the Campstead program has made our office much more efficient. The step by step booking system makes it simple to teach new staff how to use it. At a glance we know which customers are arriving / leaving. Balances are also displayed clearly. The review forms are a great way to collect feedback from our customers.The telephone support is excellent. We are talked through problems and given clear explanations,so we learn from the support system too.

Corey from Let's Go Hydro

Great product and team

Great!

Pros

Support & ease of access, always supportive of helping us

Cons

Nothing in particular, it has its limitations like anything.

January 2016

Sally from Broadhembury Caravan & Camping Park

January 2016

An excellent transition

CampManager has enabled us to smoothly move from an onerous paper based system to an online system. Not only does the product suit us down to the ground and do everything we need it to, the team behind it are also brilliant. Always contactable, happy to help, and innovative when you need a little bit of extra help. If you are looking for an easy to use cloud-based booking system, I cannot recommend CampManager more highly.

Cathal from Rushin House Caravan Park

November 2015

Very happy with the CampManager online booking facility.

Our experience with CampManager system has been very positive. Guests are able to book online 24/7, which helps to drive business. It has saved us time, no more getting card details, processing payments and confirmation emails, now all automated. Any minor teething issues were quickly and ably dealt with by the Campstead team and we would, and have, recommended CampManager to other campsites.

Nigel from Kettlewell Camping

November 2015

Simple to use, even for a self confessed technophobic.

I have yet to find anything missing from this software. A booking gets made, the money goes through, a receipt gets sent and my accounts get instantly updated. I know all of this because my mobile phone 'beeps'. Bookings are easy to view on screen and the live site map is the icing on the cake. Thank you Kenny and all your support team. It is a pleasure doing business.

Rachel from Butterwell Estate Limited

Great product for Holiday Cottages too!

It was a campsite that recommended this product, however it is also a perfect match for our property which has 4 holiday cottages, B&B and fishing. CampManager is very flexible and the service feels very bespoke for our specific needs - we are very happy with the product so far and they seem to continuously be making improvements.

Peadar from Rosguill Holiday Park

Excellent product

Camp manager has taken the majority of booking admin away. Blends seamlessly into our website. Extremely well designed software giving ease of use. Excellent functions such as multiple group bookings. We would highly recommend to any campsite or holiday park as an essential online booking software provider.

Thomas from Deighan Caravans

Great System

We were a bit reluctant to change to Camp Manager but it has proved to be a fantastic decision. Having been using it for a year now we can't imagine being without Camp Manager. Very user friendly and staff are very helpful and can sort any queries out very quickly over the phone. Would highly recommend to anyone.

adele from SARL Camping Pors Peron

April 2016

Very simple but comprehensive.

simple to use. simple and quick way to check someone in. good for accounting purposes and invoicing. never really had any major problems. after care service is excellent, any problems are dealt with immediately.

Jane from Hillcroft Park

April 2016

Fabulous system at times a little slow to access

Been with Campstead for 12 months had no problems in setting up or using system, there follow up and customer service is 1st class. Definitely would recommend.

Robin from Leekworth Caravan & Camping Park

Excellent

Having looked for every online booking system on the planet CampManager is without doubt the best, and most perfect online booking system available .

Mathias from Technische Universität Kaiserslautern

Industry: Research

Great tool, simple implementation

Pros

Implementation and project setup is simple and intuitive. Great tool to manage bookings from various sources in real-time.

Cons

Customization of user interface and tables is limited.