• Pros

• "I like how user friendly it is and the customer service is amazing"

• "The customer support is fantastic and has consistently been so for all five years we've used the product."

• "Super user friendly. Appreciate the constant updating."

• Cons

• "There are minor flaws in some of the features that aren't always conducive to medical based residential camping but they are easy to overcome. "

• "While there are a lot of features offered, there are a few things I haven't found a super efficient way to do. Every system will have its struggles/flaws."

• "A few “customization” things we wish we could change but nothing major and easy to work around! "

Browse CampSite Reviews

Jeff from Jefunira Camp

Great Camp Management Platform

Our overall experience with Campsite has been extremely positive. I have enjoyed outstanding customer support. Any issues that have arisen were addressed immediately and resolved. I have made suggestions for new features and have already seen some of them added to Campsite. My camp staff has found Campsite to be very user-friendly​ and powerful. Most importantly, parents have been extremely happy with our enrollment process via Campsite.

Pros

Customer Service, Customizability, Ease of use, Parent Experience

Cons

Some of the functions we need are only available as add on's. With all of our needed add on's the cost increased fairly significantly. But I still feel the overall value is very good.

Response from CampSite

Replied December 2018

Thanks Jeff! We appreciate your continued business and your kind words.

Matthew from acac Fitness & Wellness

Rookie Feedback

Training was friendly, but general and not helpful. It seemed more like it was to be checked off the list than to really help us in learning the ways it worked. We had to figure out how it was built and ways around how to use it for specific purposes. It was a one way training, with little time to discuss certain questions we had. They set up our camps for us which was helpful but in the long run doesn't help us in learning its functions.

Pros

Easy to find the information, process payments, organize groups, send emails, know general financials

Cons

reports on financials could improve, switching weeks and aligning with refunds too many components, there was a problem with partial refunds but that was

Functionality and cost

Response from CampSite

Replied September 2019

Hi Matthew, Thank you for your feedback! CampSite offers free support anytime your camp needs it. If you have questions or would like to schedule a time to review workflows or modules with your dedicated support rep we're more than happy to do so until your team feels comfortable and confident in our platform. Thanks again, The CampSite Team

Ginny from Montverde Academy

Switched to this software to manage multiple camps in our summer program.

Pros

We like the ability to put all of our various camp and camp information in one place to make it easier to track registration, payment and for our clients to register as well.

Cons

The main thing is that you have to sign in to the software giving as if you were registering just so you can see what camps are offered.

Silvia from Full sail University

Awesome Software!

We have been using this software since 2015, anf from the very beginning we have had the best experience. The training, the response, the customer service, everything is A+.

Pros

This software has all the features we need to set up our Summer Camps AND also our Year School Programs and Workshops. It is very friendly and is improving and adding new features constantly. The Support Service is very quick replying back. I love this software and recommend it 100%!

Cons

The only thing I have trouble with (and might be my PC/connectivity) is to log in at the billing portal to print the monthly receipt for reconciliation purpose. Can't say anything else, the software is amazing!

Reasons for Choosing CampSite

Our contact was very quick replied. All our questions were answered and the price was in our budget.

Response from CampSite

Replied October 2019

Hi Silvia, Thank you for your glowing review! We've enjoyed working with Full Sail University and look forward to continuing to provide you with an excellent experience. Please let us know if you ever need anything. The CampSite Team

Shelby from YMCA of Greater Rochester - Corning Community Branch

Campsite: Year 1

Wonderful experience, better than any other program I have used.

Pros

This software keeps all camper information in one place with lots of options on how to pull reports and access different groups and information.

Cons

The "Enrollment Extras" were hard to use and use reports with.

Reasons for Choosing CampSite

The association had already used this in the past and had liked it.

Response from CampSite

Replied September 2019

Hi Shelby! Thank you for your feedback. If you have any questions about our Enrollment extras our support team would be happy to answer them for you. Reach out to us anytime! The CampSite Team

Erika from ACAC

Campsite Review

Overall, CampSite has been great. The billing, invoicing, and reporting can have it's difficulties.

Pros

I love the accessibility for not only the team but for parents.

Cons

The billing component doesn't match 100% with how we have done things in the past making it a little difficult to maneuver.

Response from CampSite

Replied September 2019

Hi Erika, Thank you for your kind review! We appreciate your feedback on billing and will take it into consideration as we work on future updates! The CampSite Team

Melissa from University School of Jackson

Great Customer Service and the Software Always Works Well

The customer service people are wonderful to deal with. They are typically very knowledgeable and helpful. The back end of the site is tedious but once you understand how it works, you can program it to do anything you want. And if you cannot figure it out, the support staff will do it for you.

Pros

What you get for the cost is exceptional. Their customer service is always extremely prompt and helpful. I get responses very quickly.

Cons

The user experience is not as slick as some of the more-expensive versions, although it does the job very well. For those who are not tech-savvy, on a mobile device a parent may not be able to find the menu bar even though it is there because it doesn't have the words MENU underneath the 3 little bars. So, they assume, the system does not work and call me to complain. The latest version is more attractive than it used to be. However, the gigantic blue tags box makes a lot of parents not bother to scroll down to look for options saying "there are no options for camps listed." It is certainly user error, but an issue nonetheless. Another issue I wish they would correct is that although you can sign one child up for as many camps as you would like, you cannot pick up another child during the process, select all of their camps, and pay for everything all at once. What happens to a family that has 3 children all enrolling in the same camps, because the cost is the same, it sometimes flags a fraud alert. Just charging them all at once would be so helpful. I would also like the option to allow anyone to purchase a credit - like a gift card with a number that can be given to anyone else. Not something we have to pay extra for, and not something we have to manage on the back end. A gift card or gift certificate. Like buying a gift card from Target. Anyone can use it, right? That's a missing element. Give us a University School of Jackson Gift Card purchase option on the main page.

Reasons for Choosing CampSite

It was cheaper and still did what I needed it to do, which was allow our parents to register securely online for the camps they wanted. We can actually put registration for anything on Campsite, even free items. We love that! Before we used a database on our website and it printed paper registration pages for me to deal with. When you have 800 registrations, that is bad. And, Active Network drove me insane with their sales calls. The Campsite folks are normal and do not hassle you. That was a big deal for me.

Response from CampSite

Replied October 2019

Hi Melissa, Thank you for taking the time to leave us this helpful review! I've shared this with our support and development teams to consider for future updates - thanks again! The CampSite Team

Scott from Pocono Springs Camp

CampSite is a Camp GAME-CHANGER!

Overall, Campsite has been a refreshing experience. It's interface is clean and simple and you can tell that it was designed with a "camp director's eye". Their advanced reports allow the user to extract any information you want from the database and seamlessly execute emails, texts, transactions from that list! The new API capabilities ties into Google Docs which, to me, is a game changer. Their customer service is terrific - the team responds quickly and effectively to all tickets submitted to the database.

Pros

I think Campsite strongest feature is it's easy to use interface, not only as a Camp Director but from our parents perspective as well. I've received great feedback from our parents, specifically with respect to the ease of enrollment, photo viewing, phone call scheduling and the Campsite one-way email system. If my parents are happy, I'm happy - so to me that's an invaluable advantage.

Cons

None at this time - still learning all that this software can do!

Response from CampSite

Replied December 2019

Hi Scott, Thank you for your kind and thoughtful review! We're so glad to hear CampSite is meeting your needs and that you're especially enjoying our API. Please let us know if we can provide any additional training or support! The CampSite Team

Snow from Moondance Adventures

Easy, Efficient & Seamless Onboarding

Reducing data collection, a cloud platform, an easy parent portal - all solved by this solution + many more problems solved with office efficiency that were not at the top of our list.

Pros

Campsite has thought about what camps need and implemented it in their software. From pre-built request info forms and applications (where you can add custom questions if needed) to bunk management, a parent portal for forms collection and easy reporting - this is a go to system for all your camp needs at an affordable price with great customer support. Financial processes and reporting are robust as well. Onboarding is broken into manageable chunks but teaches you all the ins and outs. Highly recommended.

Cons

It is difficult to push a task through development that is a one-off just for our company that does not benefit the entire customer base and you can not change page layout displays.

Response from CampSite

Replied October 2019

Hi Snow, Thank you for taking the time to leave us some feedback regarding your experience with CampSite. If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to contact us! The CampSite Team

nicolas from AZ Camp Sunrise and Sidekicks

The best out there!

Excellent

Pros

I have used Campsite for the past six years at a camp for kids with cancer and their siblings. Even with kids with complicated medical histories and multiple daily medications, the software is easy to use. It’s streamlines the check in process and every new staff member picks it up very easily. I love how it is customizable for each camp. You can turn functions off that are not necessary. Any time we’ve had to contact customer service, they have been very responsive.

Cons

It is difficult to navigate from the scheduled medication administration to a PRN administration, like when a camper comes in for their scheduled medications but also needs a PRN at the same time.

Response from CampSite

Replied September 2019

Hi Nicolas, Thank you for your feedback on our medical module and the usability of CampSite; we're glad to hear things are going well! If we can help with anything, we're just a call away. The CampSite Team

Glenda from Pantego Camp Thurman

Industry: Recreational Facilities and Services

Excellent software for camp registration and staffing

With multiple staff on the registration team, the advanced reports feature allows us to set up reports so that any one of us is able to monitor the progress of the many separate tasks others are working on, making our communication constant, clear, and accurate. One of the most valuable features of this software is the support team. They are always quick, professional, thorough, and a pleasure to work with. The development team is constantly upgrading and improving the product, not always in the exact area we are wanting or needing, but they do listen.

Pros

No software meets all the unique needs of each individual camp, but this software meets more than others we have used or tested. The Advanced Reports/Filters combinations allow us to access and manipulate our information in a quick and easy manner. The setup is very customizable, so that we can most of the time gather just the necessary information.

Cons

We are a large camp, so limitations of 1000 on both email and filters is often frustrating. There are several limitations - lack of conditional questions, easy to use events registration (but our events program is so flexible in pricing and registration changes that some of the problem stems from us not them), some hitches in the staff module. Still, overall we find it superior to all the other registration programs we have used or tested.

Reasons for Choosing CampSite

Look and ease of the software. Features we needed, especially the reports/filters. Cost. Attitude of the company.

Response from CampSite

Replied September 2019

Hi Glenda, Thank you for taking the time to leave us your thoughtful feedback. We appreciate your kind words and take your needs seriously. Please let us know if we can help with anything! The CampSite Team

Brigett from Kiwi Country Day Camp

Industry: Recreational Facilities and Services

Couldn't Run Our Camp Without Campsite!

We started using Campsite about 5 yrs ago and it was a game changer for our summer day camp. We are easily able to track, communicate with and capture data for all of our campers, camp families and staff, which we were not able to do before. The transportation & attendance modules have cut my work on those areas in half and I can't imagine going through the process without it. I love that they are rolling out more mobile-friendly interfaces, as we are quickly moving our leadership team to mobile devices while out on camp. This is the first year we are using the Medical module, and so far we were able to change most of our process from paper forms to electronic, which is a real time-saver. Last, but not least, the people that work in their customer help desk are AWESOME. Always just a phone call or email away with a very rapid response time - that's crucial for me when camp season ramps up. We are extremely happy with Campsite, and the constant improvements made by their development team continue to make it better and better. I realize I'm starting to sound like an infomercial, but I swear I'm just a really satisfied customer!

Pros

The ever-evolving interfaces that are mobile-friendly, as well as the very customizable advanced reports. Also like the analytics for emails sent, however I wish I could easy re-send to people that never opened the email.

Cons

I need an attendance feature for staff. I also need better snapshot views of camper enrollment by week/division, as well as overall bus counts by week. There is no simple solution to either of these problems, so I have to resort to downloading advanced reports and creating my own pivot tables in excel. It's ridiculous that I have to do this! The email client is TERRIBLE and very user unfriendly. 90% of my communication with current and prospective families, as well as staff, is done by email BUT the ability to format the email with graphics, styles, etc. is ridiculously difficult and the source code is easily screwed up, which makes the email look extremely unprofessional in the end. It's truly embarrassing that I can't email a more higher quality communication to my customers. Constant Contact is a perfect example of what I should be able to do, but at a bare minimum it should be as friendly as gmail.

Bobbi from Camp Akita

CampSite Review - Camp Akita, Columbus OH

Our overall experience has been very good. We moved to CampSite because of a major system failure with another vendor, and we have not experienced any major technical issues. We register over 1,000 campers in less than 2 hours when we open up registrations each year, and the registration process has been seamless on those days.

Pros

The system provides the basics, plus, to run our camp efficiently and smoothly. It's easy to use and to navigate for different technical levels of personnel. We particularly like, for the most part, that it's an 'all-in-one' system where we can manage our camper registrations, staff applications, medical information and camp blog.

Cons

For our particular camp, it doesn't cover our year-round cabin and Lodge rentals quite the way we need it to, so we have not utilized it for that purpose. The Conferences & Events isn't setup for our that part of our camp operations run. However, it would be nice to someday be able to move everything on to the same system.

Response from CampSite

Replied April 2019

Hi Bobbi, Thank you for the feedback! We're happy to hear registration is seamless for you each year. We're constantly updating our software with new features and fixes to better suit our camp's needs - we'll surely keep yours in mind!

Chesca from Camp Horizons

Camp Site = Best Site

I've found Camp Site to be extremely helpful and user friendly. We've compared it to a few other management softwares, and while there are a couple of things that can still improve, this is the most all encompassing software system we've come across. I'm very happy with it, and I would be extremely upset if we were to switch to something different. The customer service is always on point as well. They are very quick to respond and always willing to set up tutorials to teach us how to use the latest and greatest features. I would 100% recommend Camp Site to other camp professionals.

Pros

All the features it has to offer from registration, bunking, photographs, emails, activity scheduling, medical forms, communication with parents and staff... it has it all. The customer service is amazing as well.

Cons

Response from CampSite

Replied April 2017

Chesca: We are beyond grateful and humbled by your taking the time to submit this review, as well as your continuing to be a CampSite client. Should you ever need anything please do not hesitate to reach out!

Eric from South Breeze Day Camp

Functional, Easy to Learn, Great Support

As a camp director who prefers to have as much contact with parents and campers as possible while also keeping costs down, I have found CampSite to be invaluable. I do not need a full-time administrator to handle the back office so I can be out front with my campers. Campsite allows me to do everything- enrollment, bunking, billing, special requests etc- quickly and efficiently so I can be a visible presence in camp.

Pros

While comfortable with technology, I no longer have the patience to spend an hour or two learning a new trick. I have found with Campsite, that learning a new feature is fairly simple. And, when its not, I email a question to support. And, to me this is one of the best features of the software/service, I get a response very quickly with clearer instructions or an offer of a phone call if I still need further help.

Cons

My biggest challenge with the software is if a camp family changes plans, I have to adjust multiple parts of the system to update it properly.

Response from CampSite

Replied December 2018

Thank you Eric! We're glad CampSite helps make the administrative work easier and lets you focus on the important stuff (running camp!).

Kate from Lawrence Academy

Best decision we made!

Best decision we made as a business to switch from Campminder to Campsite. It is user friendly, easy to follow, has more capabilities, the home office is very willing to help you and takes suggestions for updates and changes (and actually tries to implement them!) It's been more cost effective for us and our families speak highly about the change and ease of user friendliness of the parent dashboard!

Pros

I like that we're able to pick and choose which functions we want and need. Which leaves you only paying for what you actually need and will use! It's also extremely user friendly and if you are ever in a bind or stuck - Campsite is ALWAYS there via email or phone to help you and their response time is super fast!

Cons

It's hard to find anything that I would say I do not like about it. There are always things I wish I could have it do, but I've never found myself upset that I can't do something with Campsite.

Response from CampSite

Replied October 2018

Wow, we are flattered! Thank you so much for the review Kate, we're glad to have met your expectations and will do our best to continue to provide the level of service you've experienced so far.

Gillian from BC SPCA

Excellent camp management system

We have been using CampSite to manage our summer day camps and programs throughout the year since 2016. This program has streamlined our registration process, helped us manage our information effectively and has allowed us to serve our customers much more efficiently and professionally. The CampSite support team has consistently provided prompt and helpful service, and has been very responsive in creating solutions to help us manage our unique programs.

Pros

CampSite is a professional and very user-friendly system. The support team has provided top-quality customer service, and has worked alongside our organization to help us set up and manage our programs in the way that works best for us. The program has been very well-developed to address all different facets of managing camp programs, from registration, to collecting payments, to managing information, to communications. I highly recommend this program.

Cons

I do not have any comments to contribute.

Response from CampSite

Replied April 2019

Hi Gillian, Thank you for your kind words. We're glad our support team has been serving you well!

Hunter from St. Luke's School

Sophisticated, user-friendly camp management platform

Working with CampSite has been an overall positive experience. Their team is highly responsive and has helped address issues, provide customization where possible, and train at every step along the way. Couldn't be more satisfied.

Pros

The user interface is easy to learn and navigate. The administrator functionality is top-notch, both for the purposes of logistics/organization and reporting/analysis. We have a lot of campers who move from program to program, and it's very easy to initiate those changes on the backend, which creates a positive experience for the families we work it. The payment/financial features are also terrific.

Cons

While it's possible to export revenue (gross, discounted, adjusted, net) revenues to Excel on a program-by-program basis, and to manipulate them from there for program-wide totals, it would be preferable to be able to complete such analyses within CampSite before exporting, i.e. exporting should be solely for exporting, and not for financial totaling/analysis itself.

Reasons for Choosing CampSite

Better suited our software needs. Fewer hidden/variable costs.

Response from CampSite

Replied September 2019

Hi Hunter, Thank you for the detailed review; we appreciate the praise and the constructive feedback! Please don't hesitate to contact our support team for tips on optimizing tasks or processes or to submit particular requests. The CampSite Team

Jen from Northwaters & Langskib

Industry: Recreational Facilities and Services

Excellent Camp Administration Software!

Overall we have found the staff to be very responsive and informative. Many are camp professionals which reflects in the product. Our families enjoy the convenience and simplicity of the software. Our staff find it easy to use, and I find it easy to administer.

Pros

The cloud-based platform is ideal for our use (multiple users in multiple locations). There are many features that streamline the enrollment process for our campers, hiring process for our staff, and administration of the camp here in the office. The customer service is excellent.

Cons

We are a very specialized program, so there are some features that do not fit our program, and other features we require that Campsite does not (yet?) have the capacity for. Additionally I would like the capacity to build more intuitive forms (conditional logic).

Reasons for Choosing CampSite

It is a better, more economical, fit for our program.

Response from CampSite

Replied October 2019

Hi Jen, Thank you for your review; we're happy to hear CampSite has served you well. If you have any specific features that you'd like CampSite to consider for future updates, please let our support team know! The CampSite Team

Sharon from Foothill Horizons Summer Camp

Very happy with our switch to CampSite!

CampSite has been wonderful and everyone on our campus who uses it is very happy that we went with them. Staff who have never been able to navigate Summer Camp in the old system are now able to log in and easily find what they need.

Pros

This software is very easy to navigate and the customer service is great. The rep always explains things clearly and helps customize the program.

Cons

There are just a couple of "peculiarities" or restrictions that we would like on our registration and/or reports that we haven't been able to refine into use, but these are minor details that we are able to work around.

Reasons for Choosing CampSite

The first consideration was that CampSite looked very "clean" and clear. It was easy to find what was needed on the program and the excellent customer service, onboarding, and training made everything fall into place for a successful first year. We anticipate every year getting better and better with practice. CampSite also is very receptive to programming requests and their tech team is always updating and upgrading per customer input.

Response from CampSite

Replied September 2019

Hi Sharon, We're happy to hear CampSite has been a great addition to your summer camp. We appreciate your feedback! The CampSite Team

Ted from Westminster Presbyterian Church

Good software

Camp site makes the registration process go much smoother for the campers.

Pros

The software itself is great. We've been using it at our camp now for around 5 years. It has definitely helped us with streamlining the registration process. It is great for handling all of the money so we, (a small camp), don't have to deal with all of that.

Cons

There must be a lot of for profit camps out there using this software, because as a non-profit camp we have a hard time justifying the expense. It's not cheap software, and every year we debate whether we can afford to continue using it. The other issue is that they lack functionality in the Staff module for dealing with minors as staff. There are many things that we need the parents to fill out and do, but the software gives us no options for dealing with that. We have minors as staff coming and going throughout the summer, and we have no way to allow parent to sign in and fill out medical information on them and so on.

Reasons for Choosing CampSite

It was more streamlined on the registration process.

Response from CampSite

Replied September 2019

Hi Ted, Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback! We appreciate your words regarding your experience with the Staff module. Please let us know if there is anything specific our support team can help with! The CampSite Team

Adam from Camp Twelve Trails

Campsite is our savior

We demo'd several different programs, and we ultimately decided to go with Campsite for a few important reasons. 1. Campsite was clearly a software that was geared towards day camps. Many of the others programs out there are so clearly for overnight camps, and day camps who use them need to adapt. There was no adapting to Campsite. It had all of our needs. Transportation, program, even text message integration, it really had everything we wanted. 2. Campsite was able to beat or match any of the CC processing fees that we were currently paying, while other programs had a number of hidden processing fees that we weren't interested in paying. 3. The support that was provided to us and has continued to be provided to us is absolutely top notch. The entire team is available to us when we need them. 4. There is a strong commitment to change and Campsite is always striving to improve. Things that we mention to the technical team that we want the system to do, end up being implemented as quickly as a month or two later. Overall we are incredibly satisfied with Campsite. We honestly could not run our camp without it.

Pros

The service is amazing and the program has all we want

Cons

No cons really, it does what we want it to do.

Colin from Iroquois Springs

User friendly with excellent customer service & support

The system as a whole is very intuitive, user friendly and constantly evolving. I have found the team to be open to new ideas and suggestions and on the rare occasion that I have had an issue they are always on hand to help. Customer service is excellent, and I can’t recommend Campsite enough.

Pros

Having used Campsite on a daily basis for many years I can honestly say that it does everything I need it to do (and more). I mainly use for scheduling and love the fact that I can work from my desk in the office or switch over to my iPad and go mobile, allowing me to engage and interact with the campers while still collecting the data that I need to allow our program to run smoothly.

Cons

Genuinely none that I can think of, very good product in all aspects.

Response from CampSite

Replied October 2019

Hi Colin, Thank you for your kind review. We agree - there's nothing better for busy camp directors than CampSite on-the-go! The CampSite Team

Marie from Hockessin Athletic Club

Summer Camp software

Good experience, always quick to respond and support.

Pros

Eases of customer use when completing camp registration and the ability to make certain fields of family information required before payment.

Cons

Would like to have the ability to block some contacts.

Response from CampSite

Replied September 2019

Hi Marie, Thank you for your review - we appreciate your feedback! The CampSite Team

Melanie from Iroquois Springs

Best Data Management Software

Great!

Pros

i can work on it from anywhere in the world even south africa

Cons

features are implemented as the general public has a need for it

Matt developed it

Response from CampSite

Replied October 2019

Hi Mel, Thank you for your review! We're grateful for the opportunity to continue to provide a great camp management solution for Iroquois Springs! The CampSite Team

Jordan from American Baptist Churches of IN/KY

Incredible program and superb support

With this being our first venture into online registration (as opposed to paper registration only) this has been an incredible program for us. We've worked out all the initial kinks, and the support has been head and shoulders above other vendors. They fix bugs and take recommendations constantly. CampSite has made our registration, payments, and reporting far far far easier than it used to be. They have saved us countless man hours, and thousands of dollars in staff salaries with this system.

Pros

Compared to what we had been using, this is a walk in the park. The Parent user interface is intuitive, and clean. The admin interface is full of functionality. Having the quick and easy reporting functions is what makes this program the best on the market. Every single line is a report-able field.

Cons

While we can make reports in a quick and easy fashion, we would love to see the ability to email those reports on a recurring basis to an email address that we choose. Currently we built temporary admin users, sign in as them, and then create and subscribe to the report. It would be nice to skip a few of those steps.

Response from CampSite

Replied April 2019

Hi Jordan, Thank you so much for your review; we do take feedback into consideration when developing new features. We'll be sure to keep yours in mind!

Lauren (Shaf) from Berkshire Hills Eisenberg Camp

Thumbs up for CampSite

Overall, CampSite is a very effective program for our camp needs.

Pros

Ease of use. Being able to produce Advanced Reports with filters for our needs.

Cons

We are unable to add extra categories necessary for our medication delivery reports. For example, Bunk name. This caused extra work when simple added features would eliminate it. We also can’t print full page medical logs if a camper needed to see someone outside of camp. We had to copy & paste the information into google docs in order to print all necessary information to pass along from our medical providers to the outside camp ones. Also creating more unnecessary work on our end.

Response from CampSite

Replied September 2019

Hi Lauren, Thank you for making us more familiar with your experience in CampSite. We take your feedback seriously and will continue to look for ways to improve your experience! The CampSite Team

Alyson from Camp Woodmont

CampSite Software Review

Overall, it's wonderful. I can't imagine working with another company that provides so many features on the software end, and has such great technical support.

Pros

I like that the software has so many different features and can be customized to every summer camp. They have thought of everything a camp director needs to fulfill registrations financially and track enrollments. The software provides a range of different reports, which is extremely helpful. It's exceeded my expectations in every way. The customer service is beyond over-the-top, AND they know me by name.

Cons

I haven't figured out how to make cabin lists in the way we need them made.

Response from CampSite

Replied April 2019

Hi Alyson, Thank you for your thoughtful review! We will continue to work with you to make sure your experience with CampSite exceeds expectations!

Rebecca M. from MUSC

Changed our camp!

Wonderful experience - has changed our practice - very happy with the product!

Pros

So easy to use!! User friendly and so great to have ALL the information needed at your fingertips! We had previously been on all paper forms for our medical/registration/bunking - everything at our camp essentially and this made it so much better!

Reasons for Choosing CampSite

Ease of use, full capability to keep all of the records both admin and medical in one place!

Response from CampSite

Replied September 2019

Hi Rebecca, Thank you for your review! We appreciate your feedback. The CampSite Team

Brian from Iroquois Springs

Campsite for Camps

Keeps us very organized, on point and manages the necessary data we track daily. Customer service is very knowledgeable and software continues to undergo updates and changes based on the changing market and needs of it's customers!

Pros

Campsite was written by a "Camp person" who understand our industry and was able to meet our needs based on true knowledge of how camp programs run day to do, season to season.

Cons

Took some time to learn how to run reports, but that was to be expected.

Response from CampSite

Replied October 2019

Hi Brian, Thank you for your review! We appreciate the opportunity to grow alongside our camps and update our software to best meet their (and your!) needs. The CampSite Team

Sonia from YMCA of Long Island (Huntington Branch)

Campsite Reviews

I enjoyed using campsite. Compared to our last software, campsite is much more user friendly. Using advanced reporting and be able to pull specific camper information was very easy. The ability to send an email to a specific group was so easy. Parents were able to access information easily and register easily as well. Changing enrollment options, however, was a little time consuming. Being able to have credit card information saved came in handy to, to make any changes with camp enrollment and easy refunds.

Pros

Compared to our last software that we used, Campsite offers easier communication to the parents. The email and text feature straight from campsite is very convenient. The advanced reporting allows you to filter this communication very easily.

Cons

The financials need to be manually done. When unenrolling a camper you must delete the option from the financials. Also, when there's a discount and an option is deleted, the discount does not automatically changed, and cannot be edited- you must delete the original discount and add a new discount. It is more time consuming and easily able to make a mistake.

Response from CampSite

Replied September 2019

Hi Sonia, Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your helpful feedback! We'll take your comments into consideration as we work on new features and updates! The CampSite Team

Susan from Planet Rangers

Five Years with CampSite

We've been very happy with the communication from the company, particularly the support team. It's the reason we've never considered switching to someone else.

Pros

Cons

I would like there to be a nicer looking way to add merchandise options to the registration process.

Reasons for Choosing CampSite

Price, customer service and it seemed to tick off the main boxes we were looking for.

Response from CampSite

Replied October 2019

Thank you for the kind words, Susan! We appreciate your business and the opportunity to grow and work alongside Planet Rangers! The CampSite Team

Katie from New Country Day Camp

Industry: Recreational Facilities and Services

CampSite has revolutionized our camp!

CampSite has changed our working experience, as well at the customer experience for our camp. We look more professional, can keep track of so much more, and have increased the safety and security of our campers.

Pros

We love how easy it is for us to use CampSite for keeping records, taking attendance, running reports, and doing everything that we used to do manually with 100's of versions of spreadsheets and lists!

Cons

There are still some areas that can be improved in the functions of certain things, however they are VERY responsive and always putting out updates, so these things are constantly improving.

Response from CampSite

Replied December 2018

Wow Katie, thank you for the very kind words! We are glad to have helped "revolutionize" the way you run camp and we'll keep on improving the product and support experience!

Marita from Rondup River Ranch

Medical camp

Pros

Ability to pull reports, Administrative functionality- including allowing web based vs printed document capability, design and presentation, Customer service response time.

Cons

Uploading documents is limited to one document at a time. Can't personalize CampSite based medical documents such as the immunization form, health history form. Not able to create new fields or edit fields including making them mandatory is a problem for licensing and accredidation.

Response from CampSite

Replied December 2018

Thank you Marita, we are happy to hear you are having a positive experience with CampSite so far.

The Best Summer Camp CRM out there

We’ve been with them since the beginning and it’s great!

Pros

CampSite provides summer camps with the latest and greatest web based CRM. Features like text messaging, parent dashboard, phone call scheduling and health center management are invaluable.

Cons

No conditional logic on forms and we’d like a way to enroll campers even if their record already exists.

Response from CampSite

Replied January 2019

Thank you for your kind review. We value your feedback as we continue to update and add new features to CampSite to further enhance experiences like yours! Thanks for joining us in our quest to make camp management less work and more fun!

Donna from Buckley Day Camp

Flexible and Easy Camp Software

I am the office manager at a day camp in NY. I am very happy with the purchase of Campsite software. The support is excellent. The reports you can generate are flexible and can be easily modified and customized. Enrollment and billing is easy. Invoices are sent via e-mail (no more mailing invoices). If there is something I need and don't see, they never say "oh we can't do that" they say "let me take it to the team and see what we can do"...

Pros

Flexibility and Ease of Customization of Reports

Cons

Wish the font was a hair bigger when printing reports. Not the worst thing, I could always export it to excel if needed (but would be nice).

Chesca from CH

Makes My Life Easier

It's been a huge help. The team is always responsive and helpful. The software is extremely convenient and helpful.

Pros

Overall, Campsite provides features that save so much time and effort on my end. It is very convenient to have and the customer support team is extremely helpful.

Cons

There are a few small details I would personally like to change, but as far as the functionality of the software these details don't really impact it heavily.

Response from CampSite

Replied October 2018

Thanks, Chesca! Our support team is happy to assist any time you need it!

Nancy from Cradle Beach Camp

Organization is strong. Structure is slightly rigid

Pros

It has a strong reporting and data collection ability to summarize data for reporting as well as keeping camp organizaed.

Cons

It's slightly rigid in some aspects that would allow it to be easier to do research. I.E. a drop down list for schools instead of keying from families and staff to eliminate the constant scrubbing of miss ordered words and abbreviations.

Response from CampSite

Replied April 2019

Hi Nancy, Thank you for your feedback! We'll be sure to keep this in mind as we work on future updates!

Sandy from Breezemont Day Camp

Review 11.30.18

Appreciate the ease summer staff are able to use this program and glad it's mobile friendly for families too.

Pros

Super user friendly. Appreciate the constant updating.

Cons

The camper information form we use would be better served if we could run/print them based on group & week rather than all campers. We did an all encompassing session as a work around but in the end it threw off other accurate reporting.

Response from CampSite

Replied December 2018

Thanks Sandy! We're glad we can still impress even the longest term CampSite users! :)

Caleb from Camp Southern Ground

Best Camp Software available.

We have used many different platforms for our camp software and this is by far the best.

Pros

Its functionality is an open platform. Similar to the Salesforce CRM, Campsite allows you to use it's features in a variety of ways that are not limited to specific functions.

Cons

The bunking boards could use more features like flagging specific kids.

Response from CampSite

Replied April 2019

Hi Caleb, Thank you for your feedback on the bunking board! We'll continue to build out features to best meet your needs!

Drew from Camp Winnamocka Inc.

New to CampSite

We sought out a new database provider because we were spending too much money on our previous one and not getting satisfactory customer service. CampSite cut our costs in half and have fully delivered on their customer service guarantees. Anytime I have questions they are more than happy to field my questions and very timely about responding with a solution. We couldn't be happier.

Pros

It's very straight forward and easy to navigate. Most functions can be figured out with very little exploration and any administrative errors can be easily corrected.

Cons

I haven't found anything to dislike to this point.

Reasons for Choosing CampSite

I liked the way the company representatives spoke to me on the very first phone call. Personable and genuinely interested in our business.

Madison from Smile-A-Mile, Alabama's Program for Children with Cancer

Campsite

Pros

Campsite has made it so easy to keep track of information and to register our families for a camp session.

Cons

There are a few parts of the application I would like to be able to personalize but they are not allowed.

Response from CampSite

Replied January 2019

Hi Madison, Thank you for your honest and helpful review! We are always working to incorporate user feedback into upcoming updates. If you'd like to contact support directly, we'd love to hear more about your personalization needs! -CampSite

Jason from YMCA Camp Arrowhead

Campsite!!!!

We have solved a lot of issues starting with our member experience and in house reporting. The accounting of children and the history and statistics we have at finger tips.

Pros

Reporting, Ease of use for our families, Customer support, attendance module

Cons

Financial Reporting and accuracy. We have had struggles with the reporting and accuracy of the numbers being different in different areas.

Reasons for Choosing CampSite

We had an overnight camp in house that used it and were satisfied.

Response from CampSite

Replied September 2019

Hi Jason, Thank you for your feedback! We're happy to hear your camp is benefitting from our advanced reports! The CampSite Team

Madison from Smile-A-Mile

Campsite has made my life so much easier! It makes registering our children for Camp much easier.

Pros

I like that you can get in touch with someone within minutes if there is an issue with our site. I also like that we can make our Campsite skin look like or website so it is not confusing for your families.

Cons

I don't have much I dislike about Campsite. The only thing I wish I could change is to be able to edit more in the medical module to fit our unique needs.

Dalia from AIS Israel

Great Software & best customer service

Pros

It's user friendly (for most part), the team behind the scenes is amazing. they always reply within a few hours at the latest and are always willing to assist.

Cons

There are a few limitations but we've learned to overcome them.

Response from CampSite

Replied March 2019

Hi Dalia, Thank you so much for your positive and helpful feedback! We'll continue to provide your team the support you've come to expect from us!

Sherry from Camp Kee-wanee

This saves me so much time!

Pros

I love that I can do it so quickly. Used to take me about 15 minutes to register each camper. Now it takes less than a minute. Parents love it too.

Cons

I think that the look of it is not very exciting. The cork board is BORING. I also wish that the medical records were able to be edited easier and that we could have the immunization records from year to year.

Rebecca from Easterseals Camp Fairlee

CampSite Review

I love it

Pros

I like how user friendly it is and the customer service is amazing

Cons

I which the invoicing system was adjustable and I could edit the invoicing system so I was able to bill someone other then the families.

Response from CampSite

Replied April 2019

Hi Rebecca, Thank you for the kind review! We look forward to working with you more and will keep you informed on any invoicing feature changes or updates.

Madison from Childrens Cancer Connection

Industry: Philanthropy

They have been incredibly helpful with all of our individual needs and set up.

Pros

The software was created by people who understand residential camping and the software is very compatible with most camp programs. It is VERY easy to customize the program to fit you.

Mark from Iroquois Springs

The best camp software on the market

Pros

CampSite is intuitive and very user friendly. Integration with API is easy

Cons

I wish some of the field were more customizable

Response from CampSite

Replied September 2019

Hi Mark, Thanks for your review! We're always working on additional customization options - please let our support team know if there is a specific area you'd like to see updated! The CampSite Team

September 2016

Janelle from Cedardale Health & Fitness

Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

September 2016

Love CampSite!

CampSite is wonderful! I have loved the ease of use from the very start. Customer Service it top notch! Greg Barra is the best!

Pros

Reporting Module

Cons

Not really a "con" but would love for you to be prompted to enter DOB - sometimes that gets missed and we always require a DOB.

Response from CampSite

Replied September 2016

Janelle: Thank you for your kind words! We are also having someone reach out about the con you mentioned, as we believe it is possible! We appreciate you as our client, and let us know if you ever need anything :).