All Vagaro Reviews

Axel

Automotive, 2-10 employees

Reviewed July 2022

It's great but unnecessary

It's awesome really really awesome but like I said is not necessary for small companys, maybe if you grow up in the future it is a better idea. Is your decision.

PROS

It's a good option for organize all the company schedule, there are so many functions for all, anyone can use this and is not necessary to know about this software, is so intuitive.

CONS

I really thing that is unnecessary beacuse you can do a lot of this things in other app for free, but some functions are only in this app that made it better. If you don't have the money for pay this, I really recommend use your phone calendar or something like that.

free

It's free

Hello Axel. We appreciate the review. We'll definitely take your feedback into consideration.

Replied August 2022

Khan Md Mohaiuminul Islam

Apparel & Fashion, 2-10 employees

Reviewed November 2023

As a small business Owner, Smart choice to deal daily activities.

As a small business owner, Vagaro is really helpful. By using the Vagaro app, users can easily appoint the service. On my end, its very easy to set , and learn the basics, such as scheduling auto reminders and emails for customers. It has the option to identify roles like owner, sales customer service bookkeeper, etc., so I can easily divide tasks.

PROS

Simple to configure and set up; proper guidelines are available for that As a small business owner, it is difficult to handle all the responsibilities associated with running a business. Vagaro really helps me to divide tasks and set automated reminders and emails. Payment options also secure here.

CONS

Paying the swipe fee for every credit card transaction is kind of a headache for me. It's a good option to take a one-time payment, like in this situation.

Reasons for switching to Vagaro

Pricing is fact here, I got vagaro as cheaper than Booker, plus have better customer care service.

Katrina

Cosmetics, 1 employee

So easy to use!

PROS

I love how easy Vagaro is to use. I have been using it for over 6 years now in my studio salon and I absolutely love all of the available features. I also love how easy it is to customize everything for my business and how easy it is to make changes on the go.

CONS

I don't like that there is not a feature to book particular services on select days but I did submit feedback about that and I received an email that it is being worked on!

Hestin

Retail, 2-10 employees

Unreliable Software with Limited Support

I was so excited to use this program, but the lack of customer support and the basic functionality of their features make this a subpar product. Considering Mangomint and Fresha.

PROS

Initially, I thought this was going to be our all in one software. I looked at about 15 alternates and decided to choose Vagaro, despite it being a bit slower to operate than others, a clunky UI, and some missing features. Overall, I thought it had what I needed.

CONS

Where do I start..? I’m going to cover their main issue. The application is extremely unreliable and I cannot trust this application at all. I am very good with technology and report analysis. I have pulled various reports out of Vagaro that reflect completely inaccurate information, including their payroll reports. The gross pay amounts change each time you refresh the page - not kidding. My commissioned employees clock in and out and their hours are not reflected on the payroll report, causing state taxes to be underpaid and putting my business at risk. Don’t bother reaching out to customer support because they will shrug it off as a non-issue and claim you are operating things incorrectly. They’ll tell you that a feature request will be submitted on your behalf. Falls on deaf ears. Unreal. UI - The application frequently freezes up, screens lock you into a window, forcing you to refresh the page, losing all information contained. Setup - limited capabilities here so this will work fine if you are a basic salon. If you have any intricacies at all, don’t bother.

Reason for choosing Vagaro

All in one - I thought. Cost was competitive as well.

Thank you for your candid feedback. Our team is actively working with you to resolve these issues. We take your concerns about the payroll reports, employee hours, and overall reliability seriously and are committed to finding a solution. We understand the impact this has on your business and are dedicated to addressing and resolving these problems. If you have any additional questions, please reach out to us. We're here to support you and ensure your business operations run smoothly. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We value your feedback and are committed to making this matter right.

Replied May 2024

Colette

Cosmetics, 2-10 employees

Reviewed February 2024

Great for Salons

It's really been a great tool. It really does what I need it to do and they are adding to it every day it seems trying to make it better.

PROS

Really like that I can have a different room for each service and it is easy to use

CONS

Don't like that there are not better notifications for waitlist. Don't like how weird it is to find our Merchant details each month. The look of it could just be better somehow.

Reason for choosing Vagaro

Square could not seperate by room so I couldn't use it. MindBody was just expensive and a ton of reports that I didn't need

Reasons for switching to Vagaro

I needed to be able to have multiple people working in multiple rooms

Shalonda

Cosmetics, 1 employee

Ease with Client Needs

PROS

I love how easy and seamless it is to use the application. Especially for my clients.

CONS

I do not have any dislike so far about Vagaro.

Reason for choosing Vagaro

I'm currently familiar with the use from when I was a client to another beauty business.

Christopher

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1 employee

Great product.

Easy to learn, easy to set up. Took less than 3 weeks to really understand the product.

PROS

Easy to use. Absolutely user friendly. The mobile app is really good.

CONS

Don't really have anything bad to say except I would like to clear my client's cancelation history.

Amber

Performing Arts, 2-10 employees

great management tool

my overall experience has been great since using it for calendar purposes

PROS

it's a great management tool for small businesses who needs to keep track of customers and sales

CONS

the least i like about it is the adding of employees should be made simpler

Harmony

Performing Arts, 1 employee

This thing rocks.

PROS

I love that Vagaro is available to my clients through any device that connects to the internet. They have a series of education videos right in the back office you can access on any page! So nice.

CONS

I would probably change the way people can pay on Vagaro in that I would like to be able to add my digital business accounts for people to pay such as Venmo, PayPal etc.

1 employee

Used monthly for less than 12 months

Scheduling made easy

PROS

I like that I am able to keep track of all my service providers and that I am able to schedule and or change appointments when needed and its so easy.

CONS

I dislike the function of when trying to schedule and if you hit back it sends you to the very beginning rather then back to where you were at.

Klaus

Sports, 2-10 employees

Reviewed July 2021

I lost customers and money because Vagaro is unreliable and faulty in lots of ways.

Don't waste your time. Customer service made me believe that issues have been resolved on numerous occasions when they actually were not solved at all and I kept losing money. Vagaro is advertised to be a management solution for salons as well as fitness studios, yoga studios and alike. I used it to run my yoga and fitness studio. Vagaro is not at all suitable for fitness businesses. The app simply does not serve the needs to handle class bookings, recurring memberships and collection of fees, discounts as well as prepaid punch cards in a way it helps you as a business owner. I spent a lot of time to build workarounds for features that were supposed to work, but actually never worked the way they were intended. Customers regularily get confused by the way pricing for memberships is shown on the sales pages, which either drives them away or they need to call the business to purchase something. I lost lots of customers as well as money because of the many issues the app has. For the entire last month the software sent out receipts to my customers, but never collected associated fees. Customer support confirmed that vagaro software caused this, but they refused to reimburse me or do anything about it. They put it off by sending me an email, saying that vagaro is not able to compensate me for the lost money.

PROS

+ Visual appealing user interface + Seemed to work for a fitness studio (but it is not) + Has a booking mobile App

CONS

- Unreliable features. You never know if something is working or not. - You need to figure out lots of workarounds to accomplish doing simple things that Vagaro is supposed to handle for you - Customer Support is no help, I got lied to several times.

Reasons for switching to Vagaro

Vagaro seemed to be more polished and has a better booking schedule for classes. With mindbody some of the must-have features for my business are only available with the highest tier (most expensive) membership.

Marissa

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 11-50 employees

Reviewed December 2022

After 7 years with another booking software, we switched to Vagaro in 2019 and have been very happy

We really like Vagaro. We have improved/streamlined our online booking thanks to it.

PROS

The interface is easy to navigate and is much more client-user friendly than other booking software. And Daily Deals are great!

CONS

Vagaro still doesn't have a lot of little features/extensions that would make doing business even easier, but they keep adding new things, which is helpful.

Reason for choosing Vagaro

Vagaro had better features.

Reasons for switching to Vagaro

Booker's interface was very rudimentary. The site was regularly down for maintenance, making it difficult to schedule or check out clients standing in front of us! And the cost kept going up for no additional features or services.

Reviewed October 2022

Small Business owners, look elsewhere

See above.

PROS

Cheaper than others, but you get what you pay for in that it is glitchy and customer support is incompetent in troubleshooting.

CONS

POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE AND LACK OF EFFECTIVE SOLUTIONS. GLITCHY SOFTWARE. Vagaro USED to be a viable solution, but it is glitchy and tech support is (respectfully) incompetent when it comes to troubleshooting. It has been 4 days now of lost revenue and frustrated clients for my business. The only option that your customer service has been giving me is that they are trying to "replicate" the issue but haven't come up with a reasonable solution. They sent the issue to the developers two days ago. By the time we expect a response, it will be one week of lost revenue. We have had over a DOZEN clients report that they aren't able to complete checkout and all they keep getting is a "spinning red wheel." The solution offered by your tech support was to "refresh their cache," and to "change browsers" which is an unreasonable option to even offer, since there are clients who may not be even reporting issues and won't have that direction from us. No one from Vagaro has openly admitted that their is an issue with the software. This is inauthentic as how can over a dozen clients have issues with their web browsers or history(#gaslight)? It's clearly on your end yet no one has owned up to it at Vagaro. We are looking to switch due to lack of transparency, effective customer service and technical support.

Reasons for switching to Vagaro

We will be switching over to something else.

Kyesolyn

Reviewed January 2020

My Search For Software Is Finally Over

Using Vagaro I've found that it puts me at ease and I no longer stress about confirmations, keeping up with clients schedule for services, I am able to get deposits, clients can book themselves according to the availability that have, I can offer specials/discounts and know that they are not only sent to clients but announced on the site. Using Vagaro has definitely help making marketing much easier.

PROS

The Vagaro Software is very easy to use and has a video tutorial option for anything you aren't sure about as well as customer service persons on hand. After reviewing and researching multiple programs I decided to give Vagaro a try because they have excellent reviews, extensive options for all areas of business that allows for growth, reports to follow sales patterns, customization for services and sales, free software for credit card charges when you sign up for services and so much more. Best of all, it won't break the bank and they continuously offer suggestions on how to increase sales and bring in more clients.

CONS

There aren't really any cons that I haven't been able to get help with via tutorial videos. If anything, there are so many options that I haven't learned everything the system can do after nearly 6 months. I feel like the system lags sometimes, but I cannot say for sure if it's the system or my connections.

Reason for choosing Vagaro

Ease of scheduling, rescheduling, canceling without having to contact us, ability to customize the system for my business, flexibility in booking, adding and removing services, ease of payment processing and collection of deposit for services.

Reasons for switching to Vagaro

Easier and more creative marketing options, expansion options, better value

Hi Kyesolyn, thank you so much for your kind feedback. We greatly appreciate it and are so happy to have you as a Business on Vagaro!

Replied February 2020

Christy

Retail, 2-10 employees

Reviewed March 2020

I love the format of the software

I love that I do not need other services like Demand Force or Square for invoices and Gift Card Sales when using Vagaro. I can now customize Vargaro to do the same things in 1 software and in 1 payment per month!

PROS

I love that the software is able to customized to my salon company needs. I love the email and text message marketing. I am still learning the program and all the add on services available. This month my 2 favorite features have been the invoice capability to be able to sell products to our clients while shut down for 30 days and then the ability to email & text clients of the current status of the salon closure.

CONS

Reports are either not as detailed as I need or trying to pull collected information. For example, I wish I could pull a list of new clients who visited our company last month. I also wish I could mas tag a group of clients like tag all customers who bought "Color and haircut" or a specific product. Ability to mass tag would give my more marketing power as I listed in what I love most about the software.

Reason for choosing Vagaro

The biggest reason was the low cost and the protected IP.

Reasons for switching to Vagaro

Envision Cloud does not have a protected IP at it's lowest tier price!

Hi Christy, thank you for sharing your feedback. Feedback like this helps us make our software even better, so thank you for taking the time to let us know what you love!

Replied April 2020

Caitlyn

Reviewed May 2020

Recommend

Vagaro helps me organize all of my forms, treatment notes, and private yoga notes all in one safe place.

PROS

I use this software to manage my yoga and massage business. It is a very affordable option that offers the same features as other software for less than half the price. I've turned several friends on to this software and they all agree it is easy to use and easy on the wallet.

CONS

Most of my qualms with this software have been updated and fixed! They are constantly adding to the capabilities.

Reasons for switching to Vagaro

Mindbody was incredibly pricey, not as user friendly according to staff, and doesn't have as many integration options.

Hi Caitlyn, thank you so much for your feedback. We greatly appreciate that you took the time to share your experience with our Software. Thanks for being a Vagaro Business!

Replied June 2020

Mary

Reviewed October 2020

Features & functionality

PROS

Vagaro keeps all of my client information, services, products, reports and finances very well organized. I've used this software for over 5 years now and my favorite thing is, it's forever changing (for the better of course). I honestly have no complaints with the way it runs, however, if I'd like to see a change all I have to do is make a request and they take it under consideration. Obviously not every suggestion can be accommodated; but for the most part it just keeps getting better and better for a very reasonable price.

CONS

I wish when a customer decides they want to opt-out from receiving email marketing from one salon it wouldn't affect another. When a different business uses vagaro but the client has been to someone else and chose not receive email marketing they don't receive mine.

Reason for choosing Vagaro

Convenience at first. Where I was renting it was already being used. Now I own my own spa and don't share with anyone but continue to use it because I'm extremely satisfied with customer service and fuctionality.

Hi Mary, we greatly appreciate your kind review. Thank you for letting us know what you love about Vagaro!

Replied November 2020