Browse CaptivateIQ Reviews

Albert from Gong.io

Easy to use, and incredible customer experience

Pros

The tool itself is incredibly intuitive to use if you come from a finance background. I could pick up everything really quickly because a lot of the design in mind is how you'd create formulas in Excel. On top of that, the customer service was unmatched. I had truly the absolute best on-boarding experience with them. Also they are rolling out new features like their plan management tool that saved me and the finance team a crazy amount of time not having to manually populate and send them one at a time.

Cons

They haven't built in short cuts that lets you mass edit columns into dates, currency etc. Could add in additional visuals to make it a bit prettier. Create the option of a real-time sync could be useful from a performance management perspective.

Reasons for Choosing CaptivateIQ

Much more robust and incredibly intuitive to use for a finance or analytical professional.

Sean from Planview

A great tool that has found the sweet spot between functionality and simplicity

We use CaptivateIQ to automate variable compensation calculations, along with tracking sales performance against quota. Time spent every month performing calculations is reduced by more than 90%, while calculation accuracy has increased. Payees no longer need to wait 1-2 weeks after month close before seeing expected payment amounts. They now have the option of previewing updated pay statements in real time as deals close.

Pros

Easy for a single individual to administer the entire application. Successfully and intuitively mirrors excel functionality. Ease of integration with Saleforce CRM. Relatively easy to configure plans and troubleshoot any errors in calculation logic. Wealth of help articles and plan examples made available to customers in the product knowledge base. Pace and consistency in which the application receives updates.

Cons

Building custom reports is relatively convoluted compared to the rest of the application. Pay statement formatting and customization is functional, but a little basic.

Reasons for Choosing CaptivateIQ

We were looking for options that were easier to manage than Xactly Incent. Finding a tool that mirrored excel functionality made sense, as that is what many people are use to. Of all the products we examined, CaptivateIQ was the only one in our eyes that found the happy medium between functionality and simplicity.

Reasons for Switching to CaptivateIQ

While an extremely robust tool, our team found that configuring plans and the overall use of Xactly Incent to be extremely complicated. The exercise of troubleshooting any faulty logic within plans was frustrating to say the least. There is no easy to way to trace calculations through each step to see where the problem is. So complex is the tool, that our company opted to regress back into excel statements after redesigning our compensation plans, as it was too complicated to successfully make the required changes within Incent. While also robust, Xactly Incent's integration tool (Xactly Connect) is also very complex. The vast majority of customer's will need to pay for professional services to create or modify integrations. Finally, as the big boy in the marketspace, Xactly Incent is probably the most expensive option.

Darin from RepVue

Great for commissions

Pros

Great for tracking your commissions, accelerators, etc and how much you can make

Cons

No cons that I can really think of. love CaptivateIQ!

Samuel from Heap

SaaS rep using CaptivateIQ

n/a

Pros

Really like having transparency around how much I'm going to get paid, when, and based on what deals.

Cons

What could use the most improvement is showing me more intuitively where the data is. The UI right now takes a bit of digging around and seems like there is a lot of blank space.

December 2021

Matthew from Scale

December 2021

Simple and clear platform for commissions tracking

Pros

I appreciate the clean layout and the ability to download statements for additional analysis.

Cons

Just a nit, but some of the features open in new browser tabs. I also haven't been able to create inquiries, but that may be a permissions issue.

Kevin from Branch.io

Highly capable and scalable commission platform

We were taking 1-2 weeks to finalize commissions before trying to implement Xactly SimplyComp. CIQ helps us solve for faster calculations (1-2 days turnaround), as well as quick ASC606-compliant JEs for the accounting team.

Pros

CaptivateIQ is based on Excel formulas and logic. If you know how to model your commission structure in Excel, you'll feel at home in CaptivateIQ. When you run calculations on a monthly basis, they will take a couple minutes only. Due to the flexibility of the platform, "anything is possible" in terms of accommodating complex plans. The Implementation and CS teams have all been top notch, and willing to help.

Cons

The flexibility of the software can be a double-edged sword at times. There are a hundred ways to do everything, and just like a complex excel model, there will be unforeseen challenges that arise from time to time. As a fairly young company with fairly new people handling your implementation, the quality of your implementation may vary from person to person. The "white glove" implementation is worth it unless you have very simple comp plans.

Reasons for Choosing CaptivateIQ

Flexibility was key, and having the 606 solution in the same box was helpful as well.

Reasons for Switching to CaptivateIQ

SimplyComp was not right for us, and was taking much longer to calculate than our manual excel sheets. There was never a single time when it calculated our commissions properly right off the bat.

Troy from AppDirect

Great tool and great support

Working with their implementation, support, and customer success teams has been incredible! Very helpful and responsive

Pros

The ability to turn around ad hoc data/reporting requests related to sales comp has been a huge difference. The statements are also a huge benefit to the team and time saver for myself

Cons

Some features that will be very nice to have on product roadmap

Reasons for Choosing CaptivateIQ

The statements along with the ease of setting up/familiarity based on my experience with Excel formulas

Reasons for Switching to CaptivateIQ

Sheets were incredibly time consuming and manual error-prone

Alec from NetBase Quid

Ease of use and customization

Commission calculations, commission statements, commission release/hold, reports.

Pros

It offers flexibility to implement complex comp plans. The workflow are easy to follow.

Cons

There isn't anything that I dislike so far.

Reasons for Choosing CaptivateIQ

Comp Plans were getting more complex and the numbers of commission participants have grown as organization has grown 2x-3x. The Excel can no longer support the commission processes.

CaptivateIQ meets our global Incentive payment requirements

CaptivateIQ has created reliability and greater visibility on both commission payments and simple and accurate commission reports for our employees. In the rare case there are any irregularities they can be quickly identified by the users in the portal and addressed by the finance team.

Pros

The simplicity and clarity of the incentives reporting has made life much easier for both the finance team and the sales and management teams. The level of integrations and the ability to support multiple currencies makes the system ideal for all our trading locations.

Cons

Much like all new applications the UI can be a little confusing to begin with but, becomes quite intuitive very quickly.

Reasons for Choosing CaptivateIQ

The exemplary Sales service and flexibility of the CaptivateIQ solution to meet both our global incentive payment requirements whilst natively integrating with our existing line of business solutions.

great product, fantastic support and implementation service

knowledgeable implementation team, support team with quick response, product provides transparency, time saving and accuracy

Pros

the implementation team did a fantastic job setting us up so we are ready to go

Cons

not the product's fault, but my organization calculates commission every 3 months, so i rarely log into the platform, making connecting to the product a challenge.

Reasons for Switching to CaptivateIQ

Excel was painful to manage and required data export from SFDC

Darren from RepairPal

A Robust Commissions Tool

CaptivateIQ moved us out of spreadsheets into a reliable platform that helped make our lives easier operationally as well as form a Sales user experience. RepairPal had been running the Sales team's commission calculations out of Excel spreadsheets for as long as anyone here can remember. Which worked for making sure the Sales team got paid on their standard plan but did not allow us much if any customizability. It was a real challenge for us to pay SPIFFS, payroll adjustments, etc. Changing our comp structure was weeks worth of work instead of hours or days. And it wasn't a great user experience for the Sales team. Who ended up having to go through PDFs every month to try and find out what they had been paid. When I had initially started evaluating tools we'd looked at Exactly SimplyComp. But it became pretty apparent early on that we weren't their target buyer. Our sales team had 6 people on it and when we evaluated SimplyComp, it was challenging to replicate our plan. When CaptivateIQ reached out to us, it was very apparent that they understood our needs, struggles and had a wealth of experience working with all kinds of commission plans. We did a proof of concept trial with a free implementation and I could not be more pleased with the results. What used to take 2 people hours to do, is done in 15 minutes. Saves me time, saves our finance guys time and keeps the sales team happy.

Pros

Flexibility; I have a hard time imagining a commission structure CaptivateIQ couldn't replicate. Customizable statements; Show the sales team what they need to know. How much they got paid and when. Nothing more nothing less. Ease of use; Fairly easy to self serve if you have a good understanding of excel formulas and SQL. Takes us about 15 minutes to run commissions now where it used to take us hours. Customer support; Every time I have reached out for help, I have gotten a response the same day. That’s particularly impressive given the size of CaptivateIQ.

Cons

I believe you can buy one at extra cost, but there's no built-in test/sandbox instance. Makes me a bit nervous testing things out in our production instance. But there are ways to ensure none of your important data is touched, so not a huge con by any means.

Carl from Lever

Captivate has been a massive win

The main problems we were looking to solve with Captivate were improved accuracy of our calculations, increased transparency of the commissions process, and reduced time to calculate. I think we've realized all of the above and I’m not sure how we’d scale or handle our current plans in Excel.

Pros

In 2019 we migrated from 3 compensation plans that could be managed in Excel to more complex plans with multiple variations. We needed a system that could provide a better audit trail as well as visibility into the calculations to ensure the math checked out. CaptivateIQ has been huge for us. I find it very valuable for sanity checking calculations and avoiding discrepancies. Any time there are discrepancies we can take a deeper dive into the calculations and see what’s contributing to the error which brings peace of mind. I appreciate how the calculations in the plans are laid out step by step and it’s very logical. Nothing is nested, so this makes it incredibly easy to follow along. The biggest win has been transparency with our sales team. Previously we didn't have the time to create individual statements for our reps which often caused additional lost time when they had questions about the calculations. The individual statements have significantly reduced the amount of support we need to provide post-calculation.

Cons

As someone very comfortable with spreadsheets, formulas, and data analysis, I find the concepts in Captivate and tool straightforward to use. That said, it’s going to take some of my team members a little longer for them to learn given they don’t have the same level of experience. Our implementation specialist was helpful though in explaining the concepts and getting our team more comfortable with the tool. Our implementation was a success, but my only feedback is that I would have preferred to plan a whole day session vs several 1 hour sessions over a number of weeks. This would have made our time to implement substantially faster. In future updates I'd like to see more work on auditing tools to help us chase down discrepancies or errors quicker, and additional control or flexibility on the presentation and layout of the individual commission statements.

Ricardo from Gurtam

Processing commissions in <1 min / month even with our new complex plans

It’s been the great..of course the product, but I really enjoyed working with the support staff as well. Not only great guys and A+ service, but they have both been in finance roles where they ran commissions at companies so they’re great resources.

Pros

The product truly automates what used to be one of the most annoying manual tasks for us The sales, implementation guys, and support team are all fantastic My reps finally have visibility to their commissions without having to ask me or my admin Data syncs directly from my CRM I was able to change my reps’ plans to have a better (but more complex) plan because I didn’t have to worry about how we’d calculate it each month

Cons

The ui needed some improvement but one of the recent updates was a huge boost..it looks very slick now

Lester from Harness.io

Flexible and a huge time-saver

Pros

A few of the things that CaptivateIQ does great is the ease of processing commission statements and its diverse integrations. On the first point, processing commission statements take only a few minutes each month and it's very flexible in terms of what you want to show your sales reps. Prior to this, we were sending out excel sheets individually to each rep and it was a mess to manage/organize. On the second point, the CIQ team set up integrations to Salesforce and Netsuite for us which has been a huge time-saver in terms of automatically bringing in all the reports/mappings we use.

Cons

There's definitely a learning curve when first using CaptivateIQ. They do a good job of having training sessions that you can attend but it will take some time to get used to all the ins and outs and get everything set up. Their support team is extremely helpful though and it's never taken more than 24 hours to get a response, I normally receive one within a few hours.

Shane from MightySignal

Awesome product. Handles the nitty gritty so you can focus on what's important.

I’d definitely recommend CaptivateIQ to those looking for a way to automate the commissions process and save a lot of time. The CaptivateIQ team was amazing in helping me get set up quickly and when it’s all set up and it gave me some peace knowing I’ve got a vetted system to payout commissions to my team.

Pros

I was one of the early customers on CaptivateIQ and can definitely say the tool has evolved a lot. We were traditionally handling commissions in Excel and as the CEO of the company, I was spending a lot of time calculating payouts and sending them to my team. CaptivateIQ helped automate much of the hard work so all I needed to do was refresh the data and click process. My reps then had all the details into how they were getting paid for the month and I had a peace of mind that everything was calculated correctly. One of the things I valued most from CaptivateIQ was the team behind the product. Their experience and familiarity with various commission plans and working with imperfect data helped me think about better ways to streamline my comp plans. They were also very responsive and helpful when it came to questions I had about my plan or the system.

Cons

After their funding I saw a rapid improvements to the product, which at times meant I was seeing something a little different in the UI. Now things are more consistent and stable so that has improved. For statement reports my team receives, I’d like see the ability to PDF them automatically. I also believe they can improve some of the reporting UI but I’m told that is in their update later this year.

Nicholas from North Coast Seafoods

Takes the pain away from a painful process

I think the system is great. We have harder than normal commission plans in my opinion and CaptivateIQ delivered. I would definitely recommend it to others looking to make commissions less painful to manage.

Pros

We were previously managing commissions in Excel and it was starting to take up more time to manage given our growing team. We looked at CaptivateIQ and we were skeptical they could handle our commission plans but they pulled it off. Their system is very flexible and was able to handle things like ramp, draw, and more for us. I also like their rep reporting section. Unlike other solutions, which were forcing us into their set templates, CaptivateIQ’s was very customizable and we were able to tailor each plan.

Cons

Their documentation is lacking within the product but they have a great services team that was able to help get me trained so not a big deal.

Jesse from Heap

CaptivateIQ Review

We are solving cross team collaboration with commission between accounting and my BDR management team and moving away from excel spreadsheets. This has totally given new clarity and transparency across 3 different teams and made a lot of the grunt work of managing a BDR team go away. Also love that I can customize the comp structure to my own system.

Pros

-UX, simplicity - this product makes it incredibly flexible and easy to model my BDR commissions and work with accounting to ensure everyone is on the same page with comp. Working in a startup means we often change how we comp, and having a seamless UX and flexibility is crucial in using commission software for our BDRS.

Cons

only con is not being able to login via the website - sometimes hard to track down the app itself and where to login

Reasons for Choosing CaptivateIQ

Simple UX, flexibility, customizable, collaboration opportunities, seamless experience, zero bugs.

Mari from Thoughtexchange

Power, Flexibility, Increased Transparency, Automation

Pros

We needed a tool that could integrate with our CRM and that could keep up with our frequent commission plan changes and CaptivateIQ is able to do that. The onboarding experience was great, ongoing support is great, and I truly feel like CaptivateIQ is a valued member of our commissions team and invested in our success. They're always open to user feedback and continue to roll out new features, improving the overall commission processing experience. Reps and management now have the latest commission data readily available and can focus on higher value add activities.

Cons

With flexibility comes complexity. Getting to know the backend of the platform took a bit of time, but if you're used to Excel and it's formulas the layout and tools are pretty intuitive.

Sarah from Yello

Very easy to use!

CaptivateIQ is REALLY EASY to use and understand, especially if you come from the world of Excel. After a few sessions with their services team, I’m comfortable making changes to the product on my own. We have a large sales team with a variety of teams / plans and this streamlined the whole process. I recommend this for any large and fast growing sales team.

Pros

Coming from Excel and being able to use CaptivateIQ for commissions processing has been a huge win. I love the product and can’t rave enough about it. Some of the big things I like about the product include: - Being able to custom build the statements per each plan - Easily accommodate changes with people leaving and joining new teams - Loved how easy it is to use especially getting the reps to get into the system and use it (little to no training) CaptivateIQ also has a great services team. They help think through all the use cases and make sure everything is setup correctly. I've never experienced a services team as dedicated and effective as theirs!

Cons

I would love to be able to download statements. Also, on the statement reporter, while incredibly easy to use, I would love more features like adding colors and grouping.

Austin from Lavu Inc

Great workflow and great onboarding

Commission processing time is down significantly, what used to take hours is now being done in one or less. Statements are quick to deploy and easy to understand. There is a lot more confidence in the plans as they are being administered systemically and not through multiple spreadsheets.

Pros

• Tool is powerful but simple to use. • It's possible to create some pretty complex rules within the engine, but where it really shines is in simplifying the data to payment process. • The onboarding process was phenomenal. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] really went above and beyond to make sure that all of my questions were answered and to make me a power user of the platform. • The formulas used for calculation are simple and familiar as they mimic Excel, and the syntax is easy to pick up as it also mimics Excel. Where it picks up its power is by allowing SQL database functions like joins, unions, table filters, grouping, etc.

Cons

• I spent some time wishing there was a better way to store "environment variables" during setup, rather than storing them as rows in a table. • I wish that there were automated emails that went out to an employee when the payment was "locked" (when the payment amount is approved by the administrator.) • I wish that there was more user hierarchy. For example, I can easily create "managers" who can view the payments queued up for their "employees" but the plan administrator is still the one to queue those up. It would be nice to give the manager final say in when the employee can see their plan and payment. • The dataloader tool requires a bit of data cleansing prior to popping it in, slight nuisance.

jillian from Information Technology

Single Source of Truth

The problem that CaptivateIQ solves for my sales team is taking away any grey area. CaptivateIQ provides transparency for our team and allows direct reports to have ownership over their commission. There have been times were discrepancies have come up between what I thought my attainment was vs. what I was actually paid on and without CaptivateIQ I would never have known this.

Pros

I like that CaptivateIQ provides a single source of truth for my sales team. In the sales world, commission is everything and CaptivateIQ is a platform that allows management and direct reports to be on the same page. If there's ever a question about what I'm being paid I know I can turn to CaptivateIQ for the information I need. In many ways, CaptivateIQ acts as a leger for my payouts and it can be referred back to whenever I need it. It is extremely effective because I can see how my performance as reported in salesforce matches against what I was actually paid.

Cons

I don't particularly dislike any aspect of CaptivateIQ but I wish there were additional notifications. I think that it would be helpful if CaptivateIQ was synced with my companies HR/salary platform (ADP) so I could access these statements in one place. If not, then I'd like to be notified when updates in CaptivateIQ are made so I can stay on top of it.

Jonathan from Mitek Systems, Inc.

Simple and Effective

Pros

The feature I like the most about CaptivateIQ is the commissions dashboard. In single screen you can see all you previous and upcoming commission statements, with ability to look at statements for each one. As. a rep, it makes it extremely easy to know what deals are getting paid out and what rates. As a manager, you also have the intuitive view to quickly review in case any questions arise from reps.

Cons

Honestly, there is nothing not to like. The previous tool we were using was a nightmare for all users (admins, managers, reps, etc.). CaptivateIQ has really helped streamline our communication process when releasing commissions.

Reasons for Switching to CaptivateIQ

It was very hard to navigate and understand the data. Was not user friendly nor intuitive. Too many times reps had to schedule time with manager and ops to ask questions about statements because data was clearly understood within tool.

Conner from Truckstop.com

Game Changer

Overall we have had great success with CIQ. Managers love the approval process and Reps enjoy understanding exactly how they are being compensated. On the back end, we have enjoyed the increased understanding because of the reporting it allows us to have. As our teams grow we know we have the bandwidth to support them since CIQ is very scalable.

Pros

The best features that CIQ has given us are the automation and accuracy it brings to the table. That by far has helped my org know that commissions are done right the first time.

Cons

The feature I would like to see come out is a reporting and dashboard section that is easy to use and allow me to give access to the governing managers of those teams.

Laura from Cameron Ashley BP

Industry: Building Materials

Great Product, Great Service!

CaptivateIQ has an excellent support network. They have a helpdesk you can email with any questions or issues, office hours for technical support and you get assigned a business development manager to ensure your needs are met and address any functionality you would like to see implemented in the software. There are several things I have suggested that I have seen implemented since using the software. They are constantly making upgrades to make the software better!

Pros

CaptivateIQ has saved me so much time when calculating commissions! In addition, the statements the sales reps review allow for transparency in how their commissions are calculated and confidence they are getting paid correctly.

Cons

The design of the commission statements can be a little intimidating; however, the formulas are very similar to Excel and CaptivateIQ has office hours which are held virtually where they pair you with an expert that can answer any questions you have.

Reasons for Choosing CaptivateIQ

Functionality and statement design.

Stephanie from CloudBees, Inc.

CloudBees and CaptivateIQ

Our overall experience is positive because whenever we run into an issue which we cannot resolve, one of the customer success technicians jumps on a call to help us with a solution.

Pros

What we like most is being able to see how much commission is calculated for each deal and in total for that deal. This is useful for audit purposes as well.

Cons

You need to be able to know how to create formulas. The formulas are similar to that in excel. However, if the employee isn't strong in excel, then this would be a limitation. Of course the other side, is to use PS to help with these issues.

Matthew from CloudBees

C-IQ review

Excellent overall experience.

Pros

The speed and reliability of the system are big plusses. It is easy to use and can cope with the nuances of our different commission plans. C-IQ have an excellent support and customer service team.

Cons

The product is continually improving and adding new features. C-IQ listen to customer feedback in this respect.

Reasons for Choosing CaptivateIQ

We did look at other commissions systems before deciding upon C-IQ. It has proved to be a good decision. The system is easy to use, quick, flexible and auditable.

Kelly from Demisto Inc.

Captivate IQ is a great solution to commissions scaling with growing sales teams

Positive experience, CSR has been an amazing team getting us up and running and through the implementation process smoothly. They ask all the right questions and take the time to really understand your plans and help ensure the backend handles all the plan possibilities.

Pros

Easy to use, update and get users accessing on their own. Customer Support responsiveness to use recommendations and general assistance for questions or best practice advice.

Cons

Initially there were some multi step in setup that could be linked to save steps and when i made the recommendation, within a few weeks the fix was in.

ease of use and price

Monica from ProService Hawaii

Valuable Stats at Your Fingertips

We used to have a person in our company whose sole job and responsibility is to track, compile, audit, and submit commission information for commission payout. This process was incredibly tedious and had the risk of errors and took at the very minimum 3 day turnaround once all the data was compiled. Since switching, we've been able to streamline and decrease the turnaround time!

Pros

From the beginning (and I mean the vetting process when deciding to switch to outsourcing commission management) CaptivateIQ has shown that they are a true partner vendor in the way that they really listened to what we needed and wanted from our commission vendor as well as how our commission is structured. When I log into my dashboard and view my statement, I see all the valuable information I need to understand my past performance and see where my potential payout will be.

Cons

Although the stats that I see are incredibly important (no fluff or unnecessary data), I do wish we had graphical representation of the stats so I can see trends and leading/lagging information.

Johana from Jumia

Industry: Online Media

Best sales commission software i can recommend

so far this is a good commission software that i can recommend.

Pros

This software is the best , its easy to use i like the user interface . Am able to view my monthly commission report status All commission report is shown in a summary

Cons

I wish the team can build mobile phone app ( android app)

Conor from Klaviyo

Making the commission process much more transparent

My experience with CaptivateIQ has been great, as it's put time back in my day, ensured that I am paid correctly on time and has improved relationships with my manager/sales compensation team.

Pros

My favorite thing about CaptivateIQ is that it creates much more transparency within the commission process. I used to never know which meetings, opportunities, revenue etc. was being counted towards my quota because there was no easy way to tell how management was tracking it. This forced me to create multiple separate ways of keeping track of all my meetings, opportunities revenue etc. in a very manual way, so that I could then compare against my paycheck - which would then have to be retroactively fixed if there were any discrepancies. CaptivateIQ alleviates all of those problems by providing a clear line of site into what my commission will be, and allows me to fix anything that is incorrect before the commission statement comes out.

Cons

While using CaptivateIQ, there have been a couple times where the ability to "fix" or "raise my hand" about the commission being incorrect has been taken away, as their inquiry feature was not available for me for some reason. This required getting in touch with there support team to get everything fixed, which was a quick process as their support team was top-notch.

Chelsie from Benefitmall

Captivate IQ - Sales Incentive Administration

As an administrator I use captivate on a daily basis. It’s an improvement over our previous product in that I can instantly calculate commissions after updates are made. It is much more intuitive to use when creating plans and the statements are much more transparent to the sales organization.

Pros

Ease of implementation and plan creation.

Cons

Captivate could be improved by allowing multiple transformations within one calculation worksheet.

Reasons for Choosing CaptivateIQ

Ease of use, customization, and ability to quickly and easily calculate commissions

Switching form Oracle to CaptivateIQ has been incredible

Our overall experience has been extremely positive! We had used Xactly and Oracle in the past and there is no comparison in terms of balancing ease of use with robust capability. Our monthly comp processing has never been more simple! I also want to emphasize the dedication and attention to detail the Captivate team demonstrated during our evaluation cycle, implementation, and beyond - they are committed to getting the tool working exactly as their customers require to an extent I have never seen from other vendors.

Pros

Captivate IQ has an exceptional services team - they invested the time needed to understand our needs and comp plan and were able to get us set up in record time. We had a short window between renewals and the Captivate team was able to quickly onboard us with this in mind, making us confident in our vendor switch. Captivate's data transformation capabilities really stood out to us, as we were working with a hold and release plan which required multiple datasets to be combined with payments data to produce correct releases. The platform was able to handle this easily! I also really like the ability to easily edit statements and make manual adjustments - these have been huge time savers!

Cons

We've asked Captivate to look into custom number formatting for statements. It would also be helpful if the error codes, when triggered, showed more detail.

Vicky from Litmus Software, Inc.

CaptivateIQ Commissions Software review

My experience with CapitvateIQ has been great. The ability to customize statements and plans are been so crucial for our quickly growing company.

Pros

The flexibility of the software is incredible and so important for our quick changing sales goals

Cons

I wish there was the ability to lock down a period and have a "super admin" and regular "admin" so my team would have to go through me in order to change a prior period once locked.

Ada from Heap, Inc.

Very flexible commission system

CaptivateIQ has been a great experience. Coming from Excel, I highly recommend it for an automated commission solution to save time processing, reviewing payouts for accuracy, and giving something our team is able to interact with for their compensation. When we ran out of time we would not send statements to individuals and with captivateIQ I never have to worry about that.

Pros

One of the challenges of handling our main AE plan in Excel was that it required me to track every period for each sales rep on each line. This was quickly ballooning to become a problem and wasn’t going to scale well with our fast growing business. CaptivateIQ was able to easily handle this AND all of our other different commission plans (SDR team, CS team, Managers, etc.) They’ve got a nice UI and the formula writing within their Comp Plan designer is easy to understand. I also like the real-time feedback in the calculations - brings a lot of transparency for creating new or updating existing commission plans. Services team has been great - very fast and we’re happy with the work so far.

Cons

The system has a lot of flexibility to handle any commission plan but sometimes the formula writing can be a little long. This could be related to the complexity of some of our plans trying to satisfy a bunch of conditions for payouts.

Keith from Cloud Conformity

Great team and product

Commissions used to be a stressful and time consuming monthly exercise. With CaptivateIQ, it takes a few clicks a month to process payouts for the team and now I can move into more important business activities. If you have multiple plans and managers and are trying to simplify this process with an easy to use system, CaptivateIQ will serve you well.

Pros

I appreciate how quickly the system was put together including making changes to account for new 2019 plans. We were able to run payouts within a few days after walking through our plans with their team. Now that the system is running, I really like how everything is centralized so our team can and myself have an organized view of what’s been paid out for on commissions. The team really enjoys the visibility into their deals and have confidence everything is accounted for.

Cons

It would be great to see a Hubspot CRM integration. It would also be nice to see a task manager or a step-by-step walkthrough for when I run payouts each month. For example, when I’m running a payout for a new month, it’d be great to click a button and it would take me through all the steps on all the pages and then actions I need to perform. This would remove having me click on the side navigation to get through processing a payout (loading data, processing payout, review, etc.)

Jeff from Lime Energy

Industry: Utilities

Effectiveness and Transparecy

Before using this we would not know what we were going to be paid until our check. this was not good because if there was an error we had to wait until the next paycheck, 2 weeks later, to get it fixed. This has not happened since this has been in place.

Pros

This software has provided transparency on my paychecks. It breaks down, in detail, where you commissions come from. This is done in a timely manner giving you the opportunity to check and request information on an issue you might think there might be.

Cons

I have not come across any issues that I have not liked

Gustavo from Recurly

Great Flexible Solution for Hardworking Sales Teams

Overall, this tool is bringing more transparency to how sales reps are being paid out. In my previous organization, there was no transparency and we had to rely on reaching out to the sales ops and accounting teams to make sure all the calculations were correct.

Pros

This is my first time using CaptiaveIQ and I'm so glad our organization is using it. At my previous company, we didn't have anything like this which led to a lot of problems. This tool is great when it comes to transparency. I've never been able to see my comp in such detail. Before I would have to rely on trusting our accounting department to pay me out correctly. When they didn't, it was a hassle to communicate with them and our sales operations team. With CaptivateIQ it's easy to escalate concerns and that is what my teammates and I love about this solution. This platform makes it really easy to see my monthly commission.

Cons

My only concern was that when I was first learning to use the solution, I had to click around to explore what I could and couldn't see. I also didn't attend our introductory call with the CaptiaveIQ team so that may be the reason why. Other than that I haven't had issues with the tool. I just had to teach myself how to use it in the beginning.

Amanda from Lob

User friendly commission solution

Previously, we were operating commissions in Excel spreadsheets. It was a very manual process that took a lot of time to put together and manually check. It also opened us to potential problems common with spreadsheets (copy pasting formulas and numbers, etc.). We’ve since been operating out of CaptivateIQ, which is a great platform. It beats manually calculating commissions in spreadsheets and makes the whole process very quick, simple, and easy.

Pros

CaptivateIQ rearchitected a new platform and so far it’s great. It’s very easy to digest and works much better than ever before. With this new design, it’s fully functional and self-service - I’m able to go and create new commission plans on my own. It has a workbook style to it making the UI/UX very familiar and intuitive.

Cons

The statement designer has been great so far in that it’s very customizable but I would like to see improvements around formatting and adding graphics/colors. Also, I’d like to see more from general reporting for analysis. The team mentioned this is something they’re working on and will be out shortly so excited to hear what will come out for this.

Lisa from Litmus

CaptivateIQ is AMAZING! I can't imagine commissions without it!

When I came on board my current company, we were in the final stages of implementing CIQ. We were running it side by side with our Excel spreadsheet that we had previously used; using a spreadsheet to calc commissions for 50 + sales reps is almost impossible. With Excel there are always errors - With Captivate, the only errors are related to something I haven't put in correctly . The side by side lasted 4-5 months; once we cut completely over to CIQ, commissions because sooo much faster and easier - I can't imagine life without it!!!

Pros

Very easy to use - All I do is upload our assumptions, upload our data and click "Process"!

Cons

It requires a little bit of deep formula knowledge but they have a very useful knowledge base to help and I have learned a lot!

Kora from Chorus.ai

No more tagging to Google Sheets

Pros

We switched to Captivate a quarter or so ago, and it's great. You get an alert to your inbox when your commission is ready to be reviewed and all relevant information (ACV, Term, Kickers, Commission Rate, Accelerators) are all easily reviewable. It takes me all of two minutes to review and hit "Accept." I like the ability to see what kickers impact my commission rate very legibly because it allows me to have productive, clarifying conversations with my Sales Ops team when needed and it hurts a little more to see the kickers (which makes me more conscientious of discounting or allowing non-annual terms for smaller deals).

Cons

Every time I log in, I forget which icon to click to review my commissions (but you figure it out). So area for improvement on a small UX detail. The other thing that I think would be helpful is some sort of explanation field for why the commission rate increased or decreased on a particular deal, so I don't have to bother or SalesOps team unless it is wrong.

Riker from ServiceTitan

Easy to use for your everyday rep!

Pros

As an AE, it can often be hard to track your monthly and quarterly targets. CapitaveIQ made it easy for me to track quota attainment & commissions.

Cons

It would be helpful to have more expanded views with the data and equations that go into the numbers. This could potentially lead to customized reposts for AEs

Nate from Gong.io

Accurate Payments and Commission, Easy to Use

It's been very easy to navigate and the details are also clear. What I like is that there's a natural flow to how you as a sales person thinks -- what are the deals I closed, what did I earn on base commission, what did I earn on accelleratos and what is my total earnings.

Pros

As a rep a top priority is accurate payment on commissions, especially if your comp plan is complicated. Thankfully mine is not, but mistakes can still happen, with CIQ I don't have to worry about that. It's so easy to read and see exactly what deals you closed for the amount, and where you're earning commissions and what accellerators you hit. You can't ask for much more than that, and I know our finance and payroll teams loves it much, much more than the Google Spreadsheet we used to have!

Cons

Not much to complain about, easy to use as a manager too from my understanding to quickly spot check the team. I don't really know what else they could do to improve it.

Dorota from Braze Inc

Great, flexible tool to help automate and improve compensation calculation

Overall, a very positive experience

Pros

Flexibility, ease of use, spreadsheet-like feel, self-management, integration with other software

Cons

some additional reporting capabilities needed

Evan from AuditBoard

Effective Commission Software

CaptivateIQ is a great commission software program that allows you to see all of your inscope commissions in one single pane of view. The statements breakdown the entire commission structure from commission documentation, quarterly objectives, where you are to plan, and commission rate breakdowns. The platform directly integrates with Salesforce so you can see all of your opportunities listed, where there lead sources came from, and what status those opportunities are currently in. The platform is exceptionally intuitive and simply to navigate. There are also places to provide inquiries and download documentation of the commissions also. Overall, a great tracking system for a sales person to see their commissions in one single pane of view and understand where they are to plan professional and interpersonally.

Pros

Single pane of view, ease of use, ability to see all commissions and where they were sourced from, the integration with Salesforce, and the commission plan breakdown and how they're being paid out.

Cons

User login information is not intuitively stored at the login screen. There are some extra steps needed in order to utilize SSO and that can be often difficult especially when you are managing multiple SaaS services.

Demetrius from Litmus

Time Saver

CaptivateIQ has saved me hours of headaches. Previously my company dispersed commission statements via an excel spreadsheet. If one person put in the incorrect format or forgot to save a copy and made changes to the master template it caused a delays in pay outs. With CaptivateIQ I can check my statement in detail in less than 2 mins

Pros

The dashboard is very easy to read and understand the data as it relates to my commission statements

Cons

To be honest I haven't found any dislikes. The one ask, I wish there was a moblie app.

Reasons for Switching to CaptivateIQ

It was a compnay decision because of several complaints with previous system

Jon from Chorus.ai

Powerful and Flexible Solution for Running Commissions

We run all our GTM commission plans through CaptivateIQ. It helps build a single centralized data source for all our commissions so overrides are reflected across all plans, and clawbacks also run across all plans. We are working now to expand our use case to encompass reporting and drive more analysis of our compensation plans. We will support Finance in better understanding CAC and precisely how much our compensation plan contributes to that for different customers/contract types.

Pros

CaptivateIQ is incredibly intuitive for anyone who has run/ modeled compensation plans in Excel. It has the integrations to seamlessly connect to where your data is stored outside of CaptivateIQ and the power to augment/ alter your data in system to support even the most complex compensation plans.

Cons

The UI needs a little work still. There are times where it seems all the relevant information is on the page to work, but it's too cluttered. This especially becomes true on more complex compensation plans with stepped calculations that are worked through and there are 20+ data columns driving the final output.

I love Captivate

Pros

Not really sure what I like the most, my employees use it

Cons

I don't use it, I wish I could tell you but I don't

DeLorean from BenefitMall

Broker Sales Representative

Love this platform!

Pros

Easy to use platform that gives me the ability to review my commissions.

Cons

I wish I could see my payouts post-tax.

Ben from Mixpanel

Sales commissions transparency at it's finest

Pros

I love how simple and easy it is to navigate the UI as you're looking to find answers about your payouts. I previously used Xactly at my former companies and CaptivateIQ is WAY better. I was always suspicious about my payouts in the past, but since we've started using CaptivateIQ, I'm able to clearly find what I'm looking for and feel confident that my commission is correct.

Cons

There's not a whole lot that I dislike about the platform. The only feedback I provided was that I wish there was a way to read about your payout in more "plain text", rather than having to dig through different tables of data.

Reasons for Switching to CaptivateIQ

The company made the switch, probably because so many people felt that there was a lack of transparency and simplicity when it came to auditing your sales commission payouts.

Alex from Verkada

Industry: Security and Investigations

Easy to see and use Commission Calc

Pros

Love that everything is in one place and I don't have to rely on using any type of excel doc to see my commissions and run scenarios. This allows them to get updated and I know, no one else can change values in those excel docs.

Cons

The only thing I wish it had was line item commission values for each deal I've brought in.

Reasons for Switching to CaptivateIQ

Way too hard to keep track of commissions and see updates from my plan to how that affects my commission rate.