All Forj Reviews

1-25 of 38 Reviews

Sort by

Reviews are by default sorted by Recommended to software buyers, driven by our proprietary algorithm reflecting the depth and quality of the review, recency of experience, and other factors. As a neutral reviews platform, the star rating of the review is not considered in the "Recommended" ranking, and there is currently no voting mechanism that would allow site visitors to influence the ranking.

Dani

Verified reviewer

Used daily for less than 2 years

Review Source: GetApp
This review was submitted organically. No incentive was offered

OVERALL RATING:

EASE OF USE

VALUE FOR MONEY

CUSTOMER SUPPORT

FUNCTIONALITY

Reviewed February 2018

A Great platform for building a community, engage and scale up. It helped my community grow from a few dozen of members to thousands.

PROS

Mobilize is an all in one community platform, in which I can efficiently manage new members, boost engagement with features, communicate from one place, send emails, events, and actually build my community in only one place with no third party tools. It's the first scalable membership management platform built for large groups - no member login required and they also have an app which helps me be engaged with my community 24/7. Their customer service is great and the team is awesome - we know each other and they speak to me monthly to help me scale up my community.

CONS

I wish they had a Desktop app.. There are web and iOS versions, but sometimes I prefer working with desktop apps with apps that I use daily.

Orli

Philanthropy, 11-50 employees

Used weekly for less than 2 years

Review Source: Capterra

OVERALL RATING:

EASE OF USE

VALUE FOR MONEY

CUSTOMER SUPPORT

FUNCTIONALITY

Reviewed August 2019

Thank you Mobilize

We wanted a space where our members can find each other in an easy and flowing manner. Mobilize has given us the most amazing customer support and help to try and get to that goal. We feel that they are very committed to us!

PROS

I like the fact that it is a closed group for our members only and there is no additional "noise" coming from the platform. It can be used for the purpose that we want to use it for.

CONS

We came on pretty early and not many features were set in place yet. It pushed us back on on boarding our members to the platform.

Reason for choosing Forj

We did a whole research on what our members are looking for from the Community and found that Mobilize has the most options from the stories we were looking for.

Ben

Civic & Social Organization, 51-200 employees

OVERALL RATING:

EASE OF USE

VALUE FOR MONEY

CUSTOMER SUPPORT

FUNCTIONALITY

Reviewed March 2023

Review for Mobilize.io

The support has been excellent and the customer service is extremely effective. With a smaller staff, Mobilize can't always get to everything that's requested which for our purposes can occasionally be frustrating, but also completely understandable. Our initial strategy sessions helped to prepare for our launch in many ways, but I also feel as though I went in somewhat ignorant to many features of the platform even after plenty of investigative work. The platform is effective in getting important messaging out and hosting group spaces for topic-specific groups and regional groups, which is something we didn't historically have.

PROS

Mobilize is effective in hosting its platform both in the community space and via email. The capability to send out important announcements and events from the platform to email is unique and useful. The platform also does a great job of getting people in the community through Daily and Weekly Community Highlights. The interface feels modern.

CONS

Navigation seems to be an issue for many users. Although the interface is aesthetically appealing, group navigation and resource scanning is not always intuitive. It can also be tough to not spam users when wanting to use Announcements and Events but also wanting to ensure users aren't frustrated with email volume. I also wish admins had more capabilities to control member accounts, like the ability to adjust user emails or member notification settings.

Reasons for switching to Forj

Personify has a less-than-modern interface and users found it difficult and tedious to navigate.

John

Non-Profit Organization Management, 2-10 employees

Used daily for less than 6 months

OVERALL RATING:

EASE OF USE

FUNCTIONALITY

Reviewed December 2021

Flexible group management platform

Terrific! Member engagement is easy. No annoying advertisements! I've tried aberrant other un-named platforms. This is by far the easiest to use. The UX is very appealing. It is like having a private social media platform without the googlesque experience.

PROS

1) Very easy to set up and configure 2) Cross platform accessibility is strong, desktop tablet, iOS or Android. 3) Communications tools are easy to use 4) Free for small groups like mine.

CONS

Because I'm using the free version, I don't have access to all the Bremer and features of the software.

Reason for choosing Forj

Better communications Easier configuration Better mobile UX

Better UX in mobile app for members.

Genny

Computer Software, 11-50 employees

Used daily for less than 12 months

OVERALL RATING:

EASE OF USE

FUNCTIONALITY

Reviewed July 2019

Our customer communication is now better than ever

The Mobilize team was very helpful from day one. We came into it with what I realize now was a somewhat limited idea of what was actually possible with a community platform, so having Mobilize guide us through the settings during onboarding helped us see all the things that we were missing. It’s always nice to have a second set of eyes to check your work when you’re setting up any new program, and even better when they take the time to hold your hand and walk you through it. Adding our customers to the community was super easy and I’ve found it very straight-forward and intuitive to navigate around and adjust settings as needed. But I can’t say it enough - the ability for customers to see our posts and interact conveniently via email is a fantastic feature. It was a game changer for us.

PROS

Integrating with Mobilize has drastically improved our communication with our customers. On our previous community platform, our customers would need to manage a separate login to interact with us or to read our latest news posts and updates. Not ideal when the information is critical or could impact their business. When we post on Mobilize, an email with the post’s content is sent directly to each member. They can then reply to us privately or simply reply all to post their comment for other members to see. Since they can interact quickly via email, we now see a much greater response when we post than we ever did before, and I feel confident that important messages are reaching our customers. We were also able to set up a unique group within our Mobilize community where our customers can share ideas about new features that they’d like to see in our software. Rather than just sending in ideas to an email address, they can now post their idea in the community, which gives other members the opportunity to comment and ‘vote’ for it as well.

CONS

Sometimes having your posts emailed right to your members is a little TOO efficient! A brief delay to make that edit that you only think of right as you hit Save probably could have helped us a time or two.

Wally

Information Technology and Services, 51-200 employees

OVERALL RATING:

EASE OF USE

VALUE FOR MONEY

CUSTOMER SUPPORT

FUNCTIONALITY

Reviewed July 2019

A great way to bring users together!

Over all I have really enjoyed the product. We use it as a replacement for an aging listserv. It was intended to replace group lists and archiving of conversations. What it ended up going was that AND facilitating easier discussions among our user groups. Adding and removing users is a breeze and while it takes seconds to create new groups, it does take some effort to get everything aligned with community standards and customization. that being said its that flexibility that makes it what it is so I cannot fault them for that.

PROS

I love that it is structured enough like a forum for users to intuitively take to using, but enough like Facebook that users don't feel like they are trapped in a message-board. The over all feel of the product is one that encourages conversations and communication. For us it is important that our staff and clients have a place they can have open conversations about products and in the event others have something to share they can join in, with the option of sending a PM in case some of the info is sensitive.

CONS

Some things that bug me about the software are the mostly small things that can probably be fixed in an update, but to me are annoying. 1. in the chat session hitting enter will not send the chat. In most IM clients enter sends the msg while a Ctrl+enter gets a new line. Not mission critical, but an annoyance for me. 2. When uploading an avatar img there is not a way to move the picture around and center the face. This causes users to either get lucky and have it centered, or have their image partly cut off or off center. and 3. ...I can't remember what the 3rd thing was so I guess its really not that important.

Lori

Education Management, 11-50 employees

OVERALL RATING:

EASE OF USE

VALUE FOR MONEY

CUSTOMER SUPPORT

FUNCTIONALITY

Reviewed July 2019

Mobilize: Easiest Implementation Ever!

The Mobilize Community is the best way I've found to connect my members to the board, staff, and each other. It allows each person to be an expert in something and to share that expertise, becoming more of a leader. I cannot recommend it strongly enough!

PROS

The software was incredibly easy to set up; with their customer support, we had it up and ready to go in just a few hours. Since then, the customer support has been the absolute best I've ever experienced from a very wide variety of software companies. We had a technical issue (our fault, not the software) that I discovered on a Saturday morning when I was doing training with our community group managers. I frantically emailed the company, not really expecting an answer on the weekend at 7:00 in the morning. But within 45 minutes, they had fixed the problem for me. That's unbelievable support! My members LOVE Mobilize because it looks modern and fresh and is simple for them to use. They also like that it offers them the choice of how they interact with the content, either from their email inbox, from the community website, or via the free app. That's personalization at its finest.

CONS

I really can't think of anything about Mobilize that I don't love. When we first moved to it, the features were a little more limited. But they are constantly adding new features now and it's even more robust.

Sydney

Non-Profit Organization Management, 11-50 employees

Used daily for more than 2 years

OVERALL RATING:

EASE OF USE

VALUE FOR MONEY

CUSTOMER SUPPORT

FUNCTIONALITY

Reviewed June 2023

Great product, even better customer service!

Really great. So much support to set up your community, so much support to reach healthy community benchmarks, really great response time from the troubleshooting time, great transparency in product roadmaps.

PROS

The look of the platform is great, the ability to do so much with one platform is really helpful. Events, resources, networking, email communications, polls, etc. They are always making improvements and super communicative with their clients.

CONS

Occasional limitations for our use case, not an unexpected circumstance for any platform manager.

Kylie

Political Organization, 11-50 employees

OVERALL RATING:

EASE OF USE

VALUE FOR MONEY

CUSTOMER SUPPORT

FUNCTIONALITY

Reviewed January 2023

Gets the job done!

Overall, Mobilize has improved our volunteer and community management. Although it can be "clunky" at times, Mobilize enables us to communicate to both individuals (private messaging) and community-wide (announcements) better than before. It also creates an environment for members to reach each other. In addition, working with the Mobilize Support Team is great! Whenever we have a question or problem it is easy to get help and a solution.

PROS

For an volunteer powered organization, this software has vastly improved our ability to communicate and manage volunteers than our previous email lists. The online community aspect is huge.

CONS

Due to our volunteer population demographics, onboarding into a new platform was a bit challenging. The software can be "clunky" at times. One important thing to note is the need to adjust email settings to an appropriate amount for our staff and volunteers.

User Profile

Kyla

Verified reviewer

This reviewer was invited by us to submit an honest review and offered a nominal incentive as a thank you.

OVERALL RATING:

EASE OF USE

VALUE FOR MONEY

CUSTOMER SUPPORT

FUNCTIONALITY

Reviewed January 2018

Great Platform for Connecting a Community

PROS

I use Mobilize to connect with the SF Etsy community. We have over 2,000 members and we use it to share resources, ask questions, collaborate, and more! It's a beautiful platform and helps us keep everything organized. I can log into the app or desktop site or view updates in my daily email digest. You can post questions, polls, or announcements to the whole group or individuals. You can also comment on posts publicly or privately. The search feature is great to find resources and revisit older conversations. It's an easy and affordable way to keep a large group connected.

CONS

I prefer to view updates in my email, so I would like the email digest to include all updates. Right now you can only view one or two updates and then you have to log-in to the app to see the rest. They recently made the email digest headings clickable, which is a huge improvement for bridging from email to the platform itself.

Brent

Non-Profit Organization Management, 11-50 employees

Used daily for more than 2 years

OVERALL RATING:

EASE OF USE

VALUE FOR MONEY

CUSTOMER SUPPORT

FUNCTIONALITY

Reviewed May 2017

Outstanding group communication tool with unparalleled customer service.

Mobilize has saved time and reduced hassles.

PROS

Mobilize makes managing and collaborating with a group very simple. The learning curve is easy for users who can interact via email or use the well designed website or mobile app. The best feature is a poll which allows group members to respond to a question with the click of a button. Follow up messages can easily be sent to users based on their response. A great analytics tool allows admins to see who has viewed the message and send a follow up reminder with the click of a button.

Matt

Professional Training & Coaching, 2-10 employees

Used weekly for less than 12 months

OVERALL RATING:

EASE OF USE

VALUE FOR MONEY

CUSTOMER SUPPORT

FUNCTIONALITY

Reviewed May 2017

The one-stop solution to community engagement - Hands-down the best solution for me.

- Ability to professionally engage with a large community in a uniform manner - Ability to quickly switch on an area for interaction and document sharing

PROS

As a former exec at social media company, Yammer, I have seen the spectrum of community engagement and digital collaboration products, which led me to search for something better. What mobilize does for me that I can't find in Slack, Yammer or email is the following: - The ability to professionally brand my communications to set the tone for groups. From the initial registration form to the automated emails, Mobilize provides all the flexbility I needed. - The ability to easily see engagement metrics with posts and documents is second to none. - I love the fact that group members never have to log into Mobilize if they don't want to - The conversation threads appear in email in a highly usable form and don't require people to break their workflow.

CONS

The only improvement I would like is the ability to write descriptions of files uploaded in groups so that people can search for them and understand what they are before downloading.

Tim

Government Relations, 51-200 employees

OVERALL RATING:

EASE OF USE

VALUE FOR MONEY

CUSTOMER SUPPORT

FUNCTIONALITY

Reviewed May 2023

Mobilize is amazing!

PROS

Mobilize is an incredible platform for forming community and working for social change. The staff and support are incredible. The interface is intuitive and easy to use. I couldn't be more happy with our choice to go with Mobilize.

CONS

Mobilize does everything we want it to do! There are always small things I'd like to change but the support team always finds a way to help me do what I want to do and they take feature requests for improvements.

Naiel

OVERALL RATING:

EASE OF USE

VALUE FOR MONEY

CUSTOMER SUPPORT

FUNCTIONALITY

Reviewed April 2018

Modern platform with beautiful UI and responsive customer service

PROS

Mobilize's tight integration with email made it an obvious choice for our organization. Being able to create subgroups easily while retaining a global member directory is a unique feature, as well. The new iPhone and Android apps differentiate it from competing products.

CONS

Mobilize has placed some limitations on the look and feel of the emails and website. We are unable to moderate messages or add custom content to the header or footer. You cannot collect payments via the platform, nor add custom content that isn't in the form of an annoucement.

Tihana

Non-Profit Organization Management, 201-500 employees

OVERALL RATING:

EASE OF USE

VALUE FOR MONEY

CUSTOMER SUPPORT

FUNCTIONALITY

Reviewed April 2019

Friendly Online Community

Mobilize help me stay in touch with my students and share program updates on time.

PROS

Easy to use, knowledgeable customer support, free of charge, allows creation of more than one working group.

CONS

I like everything about this software. I would like to see a forum gadget as well as I use this app for communication with my students. Oftentimes, they have to work on group assignments outside of classroom and having a forum would enable them to start different threads designated for different weekly assignments.

David

Environmental Services, 2-10 employees

OVERALL RATING:

EASE OF USE

VALUE FOR MONEY

CUSTOMER SUPPORT

FUNCTIONALITY

Reviewed May 2017

An excellent way to manage a community

Made it easy to organize & run virtual communities

PROS

It makes it really easy to run a community. Has the ability to deeply segment the community to send targeted communications. Integrates group events really well. Primarily uses email as engagement mechanism which greatly helps with user adoption. Really easy to setup subgroups within groups.

CONS

I found my groups didn't become peer to peer it seemed to work better for centrally organized groups - people didn't seem as willing to share as they do on facebook.

Katelyn

Renewables & Environment, 2-10 employees

Used daily for less than 6 months

OVERALL RATING:

EASE OF USE

FUNCTIONALITY

Reviewed July 2019

SOA's Review of Mobilize

Mobilize has provided SOA a way to connect, engage, and support our Ocean Solutions Accelerator community.

PROS

More engaging alternative to Slack. The platform is very user friendly, has an intuitive layout, and overall is a great platform for engaging a community virtually.

CONS

The highlights bar is ordered backwards, so when a new post is highlighted, it is sent to the end of the highlights bar which isn't visible unless the user scrolls through the bar.

Chloe

Internet, 2-10 employees

Used weekly for more than 2 years

OVERALL RATING:

EASE OF USE

VALUE FOR MONEY

CUSTOMER SUPPORT

FUNCTIONALITY

Reviewed May 2017

Real easy to post and share ideas / thoughts / events with an active online community.

Great to provide community forum and a place to share thoughts and ideas.

PROS

I like the layout of the forum with different channels and it's very mobile friendly. Reminds me of using Slack but with a better structure to the conversations and posts. I also like there is a directory of community members and you can either direct message privately or post comments publicly on a thread.

CONS

There isn't too much I don't like about Mobilize. From an end user perspective they could have a few more inbuilt tools such as edit post, pin posts and some better search functionality but overall it's very good.

Jerry

Non-Profit Organization Management, 2-10 employees

OVERALL RATING:

EASE OF USE

VALUE FOR MONEY

CUSTOMER SUPPORT

FUNCTIONALITY

Reviewed July 2019

Great for managing communities of interest

Great! Looking forward to continued mastery over the platform features!

PROS

Very simple for participants to stay up to date and join the conversation directly from email. Very user-friendly!

CONS

Scheduling and delays to gmail calendars led to some miscommunication. Certain features do not work until a participant has registered and made a profile... too often participants just join directly from email without registering and building out profile.

David

E-Learning, 2-10 employees

OVERALL RATING:

EASE OF USE

VALUE FOR MONEY

CUSTOMER SUPPORT

FUNCTIONALITY

Reviewed July 2019

Great platform for online communities

I launched an online community using Mobilize in October and have been very happy with the results. We have about 700 people in our community and they all seem to like the platform. It feels more private than Facebook and they are adding cool features all the time.

PROS

Mobilize is very intuitive and easy to use. I really like the feature of forum posts being delivered directly to your inbox.

CONS

Some new users have some issues familiarizing themselves with the setup.

Melissa

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 2-10 employees

OVERALL RATING:

EASE OF USE

VALUE FOR MONEY

CUSTOMER SUPPORT

FUNCTIONALITY

Reviewed October 2019

Fabulous Tool to Really Connect

Love it. Great to use and easy to create a wonderful space.

PROS

I have a personalised space that I can share my message with my tribe and not have them confuse me with other groups or get distracted with heaps of notifications from other things - like on Facebook

CONS

I wish it had more video integration for doing Livestreams. I can paste the finished URL in the group but it would be easier if I can do a Livestream and have it automatically go into the group.

Reason for choosing Forj

They just didn't have the same functionality and ease of use.

I got annoyed with Facebook and the lack of connection with individual members. Mobilize allows me to truly connect with my members again. I am personally not as distracted and neither are they :)

Erica

Civic & Social Organization, 51-200 employees

OVERALL RATING:

EASE OF USE

VALUE FOR MONEY

CUSTOMER SUPPORT

FUNCTIONALITY

Reviewed July 2019

Mobilize Review

just beginning to use it for all of counties. Lots of questions from the users on features.

PROS

This product is easy to use and has multiple platforms depending on preference.

CONS

When reaching out for assistance, we often have to wait quite a while to hear back or received a resolution.

Provider was ending service

Leon

Research, 201-500 employees

Used weekly for more than 2 years

OVERALL RATING:

EASE OF USE

VALUE FOR MONEY

CUSTOMER SUPPORT

FUNCTIONALITY

Reviewed July 2019

Nice app for Society

It is so good to have such a free web /app for our association (New Zealand Chinese Scientists Association). We are a none profit organisation.

PROS

free and easy to use. Like to functions to add new member and send email to all members easily.

CONS

it would be better if the Files have folder function to sort out files.

Jane

Fund-Raising, 201-500 employees

This reviewer was invited by us to submit an honest review and offered a nominal incentive as a thank you.

OVERALL RATING:

EASE OF USE

VALUE FOR MONEY

CUSTOMER SUPPORT

FUNCTIONALITY

Reviewed September 2019

Professional Association -- follow-up

PROS

When i reviewed this product a few months ago, I said that our only need that was not addressed was multiple folders for each sub-group, to share various types of files with members. That capability was recently added, and our members started using it immediately!

CONS

that issue has been addressed! we're pretty happy now!

Reason for choosing Forj

ease of use, primarily. ability to have many sub-groups. cost.

Ashley

OVERALL RATING:

EASE OF USE

VALUE FOR MONEY

CUSTOMER SUPPORT

FUNCTIONALITY

Reviewed February 2018

Easy! It's great way for us to connect and engage our network of entrepreneurs all over the world

PROS

It's incredibly easy to send a quick notification an event reminder to hundreds of people in one effort. The ease of access is perhaps the most important feature for us. We sometimes engage in interesting discussions, or share connections across the platform and we love the fact that we're able keep our dynamic group together under one service.

Showing 1 - 25 of 38 Reviews