Housecall Pro Reviews

4.74 / 5 (2,370) FrontRunners

Our advisors have recommended this product 56 times in the last 30 days

(1,882)

1,882

• Pros

• "The product is easy to use! I like the messages that it sends the customers. The scheduling is amazing. Just an amazing product. "

• "This program is very easy to use and within house all has got to be the best I have ever seen"

• "Easy to use. Works well with my needs. Great customer service."

• Cons

• "Although it is a very user-friendly system, I did have to separate my quickbooks from the server as it didn't merge as well as was originally thought. "

• "When you refer other pros if they stay on the free trial till it runs out they wont give you the referral bonus "

• "A few hiccups with upgrades occasionally, but they always work hard to get it going correctly "

Browse Housecall Pro Reviews

Paul from TBD Electric

Great Product!

CRAZY! how I ever managed without it. My life as a business owner was forever simplified by this on decision. Great Job Guys! Really, I mean it.

Pros

I appreciate the customer support team, always ready to improve. The pro vote feature is ingenious, I have seen several of my personal pro-votes come to fruition.

Cons

The name. When interacting with clients the name "HouseCall pro" is limiting this amazing product to residential service calls, when in fact it is so much more. I had to modify a few internal processes, but I've managed 2 and 3 month projects from 1 invoice allowing Change Orders to bill out as segments. the name should be revised, considering something more wild. Service Titan had the right idea on the wrong product.

Reasons for Choosing Housecall Pro

A friend of mine who opened an HVAC company the same time I opened my company sold me on the idea of sharing leads through the software. I went for a test drive the first month and was sold after interacting with the customer support team. OMG everyone is awesome! If Chick-Fila and Home Depot had a baby. Stellar Customer Service Model...

tonya from Quality Sheet Metal Heating & Air, Inc

An important appendage of our growing company

As we are going I find that Housecall pro is growing with our company. Just when I think that we might have outgrown the features poof there they are. It's like they are reading our minds! I enjoy the ease of communicating with the customers and follow up with postcards.

Pros

The equipment tracking feature for each customer has simplified life both for the inside staff and the techs. Now that we have the service agreement options, the tech's have an easier time tracking the details of the services. It has helped with our inside sales to be more consistent with customers' maintenance and generating more income.

Cons

As we are going and figuring out our growing pains, I have come to realize that it would great to have a system to track inventory as our techs use it with each customer in live time. This type of feature would help with repurchasing and tracking lost inventory.

Reasons for Choosing Housecall Pro

I choose Housecall Pro due to the ease of the system. I have older people that were not comfortable running electronically and this seemed to be rather simple for them to learn. On the flip side, it's advanced enough for our staff to utilize it with Quickbooks online, emailing proposals and tracking invoices.

Esther from Combination Lock and Safe

Mixed Emotions

PRO: Liked the GPS locator for the office and field techs. The app was also very easy for the techs to maneuver. Having a picture of the tech when notifying the customer via text they were on their way was great. Made our customers feel at ease for them to know who would be coming to their door. CON: Chat takes way too long and not able to speak to someone. We have a lot of commercial accounts that require a purchase order number on the invoice. There is no "box" to add PO, need to put in the notes at bottom of invoice. Should be at the top of the invoice for customers to reference quickly. Job location only has two lines available. Again, a lot of our commercial customers have several job descriptions and need to have the job location name (1st line), street address (2nd line) and city, state and zip (3rd line). They do have the "parent/child" entry but they are separate from each other when searching or invoicing. Can't search for an invoice number quickly. Need to pull up the customer and then find the invoice. Invoice template could not be changed, font too large and spaced out way too far so almost every invoice went into 2 pages. A lot of our commercial customers had complained because they were having to print out multiple pages for an invoice.

Pros

We loved the GPS that showed the property location and street view. This helped our techs locate the property without questioning. Also when entering the job, it prevented the office from a typo when entering the property street address.

Cons

At first sign up we were given our "own" personal trainer. However, she was on a time limit and did not help with our concerns. Would cut me off and say she had to take other calls, would need to set up another appointment... a few days later. Got my 30 minutes again, then she said set up 5 jobs and see how they go. The problem is that our business did not stop, it had to keep running and we didn't know how to set up our system. By the time it was set up we had a huge backlog of entering, late invoices, etc. After our 2 or 3 visits with our "personal trainers", they converted us to customer service online chat only. It took a long time to get someone to respond, most times would lead into another question, wait again, and so on. Wasted so much time in the office! At the beginning of set up, it took days and hours to get results, very, very frustrating. Kept asking if we could just speak to someone and they said they were set up for online chat and could make an appointment if the concern was something a chat could not resolve. I would need help at that moment, would not want to wait several days to speak to someone. ( After a few weeks we ended up going to Service Fusion which gave us 60 full days with our personal trainer. Would spend up to an hour on the phone guiding us through the set up. And if our rep was not available, you could speak to anyone on the customer service team. Absolutely wonderful!)

Nathan from Culp's Heating & Cooling Solutions LLC

Very good quality software for extremely reasonable price.

A most pleasant surprise that I never planned on having. Now it's hard to imagine not having it for a tool. Progressive changes and additions evolve the software frequently. But user interaction is fairly simple to learn. The capabilities to help with a companies growth and customer experience are immense and always getting better.

Pros

A software service I just stumbled upon through a distributors app. Had no plan to sign up at all. I wanted the free gift for completion of a demo. It has helped in ways that I never thought would be a need for my business. My clients appreciate the messaging/reminder of services plus real time updates to arrival. All paperless invoicing saves on overhead. Highly professional looking invoices that provide my customers an itemized description of their service. Customers open an invoice and click the pay link or can pay by credit card reader with standard rates or lower. Easily links to quickbooks. And then automated thank you emails with requests for reviews.

Cons

I find it difficult to link my reviews across all platforms available to my customers. Having nearly 100 reviews with a perfect 5 star rating and well written reviews about my services provided, if new potential customers can't see them across other platforms is somewhat useless.

Reasons for Choosing Housecall Pro

Less expensive and seemed geared more towards HVAC with some pre packaged industry specific templates.

Lisa from JERRY'S PLUMBING & HVAC

User friendly

We are a small family business we specialize in full Plumbing & HVAC services. We came across House Call Pro from another vendor who visited our home , at the time we were looking into going automated, prior we were all manual. We called other vendors however their prices were very high. I called House call Pro the monthly price was very reasonable and it was perfect for our needs. We are very happy with the software and its made our life so much easier. Honestly we look back now and cant believe we were manual!!! When I do have a question customer service is quick to respond . We also feel this software made our company look much more professional, our customers receive a confirmation when in route and we are able to take payments and email receipts as well as estimates immediately. We definitely recommend House Call Pro!!

Pros

This software is very user friendly, without any training most of our team was able to dive right in and start using the software immediately . I love the fact that we can schedule, take payments view our customers history and overall have the ability to use every function of the software whether your in the office or out if the field. We can send internal messages to our staff as well as our customers. This software shows our overall earnings, tracks invoices that our outstanding and honestly allows our company to run smoothly and efficiently.

Cons

In the beginning for some reason if I had to go back and close out a job and back date it, the software would not allow me to choose the appropriate date, however this has been fixed and I haven't had any recent problems with this particular issue.

Reasons for Choosing Housecall Pro

pricing was way to high with the other vendor. House Call Pro was perfect for the size of our business needs.

Lisa from All City Plumbing

Invoicing Software Program

Housecall Pro has an excellant team of employees. They are always there for me when I have a quick second to check on an issue or problem I am encountering. They are great at walking you through or demonstrating to you right through the app, what you need to do to solve your issue you may be having.

Pros

This software is amazing. On the main page, (we call it our work board). It shows all outstanding jobs, along with a calendar in front of you that can be used to schedule the jobs to all of your service technicians in the field. Once your service technician completes the job, you can enter the information in the office, or you can have them enter the information from their I-Pads out in the service field. You can also send a invoice immediately to the customer from the I pad or Office Personnel. They can be sent through emails or texts to the customers. The customers can pay once they receive the bill or you can collect and enter the information from the job site. This program has everything you need to be efficient with your business. They have so many different tools you can use. You can increase your work load tremendously if you want to with the different tools they have to offer, if you choose to grow your business, the sky is the limit.

Cons

I have to go through too many screens sometimes to complete a task. Such as looking up address information on a particular property. I wish I could learn to tie the addresses together so I can see all of the work completed at one particular address in one place.

Michelle from Mikesell's ProCare Services

Amazing!

With HCP we are able to streamline invoicing & dispatching. We are also able to provide valuable information to our clients that we could not do before. We increased efficiency by 45% within the first 30 days of using HCP.

Pros

Setting up our company was very easy and quick. Invoicing and dispatching jobs is detailed and easy to do. Creating price lists is the best feature, it eliminates questions often asked by staff on how to price something. We were able to create several price lists to accommodate contracted clients, residential and sub contractor pricing as well. Purchasing HCP software was the best decision we have made for business solutions. We are able to track labor, costs, payroll, invoicing, dispatching, we can see the location of technicians in the field also. You have the ability to track them in live time. The best feature the technicians like is the ability to take pictures within the app and add directly to specific work orders. Customer service is exceptional and responds quickly(depending on the time of day). In most cases you can find the answer you're looking for via the FAQ section. This feature is available on the desktop and mobile formats making it easy for technicians in the field to find an answer themselves without having to call into the office for information. Running reports are simple as well.

Cons

Our least favorite items within the app is not being able to select which permissions you want employees to be able to see. Meaning the tech can see revenue on jobs etc. There is a 2day lag on deposits. The processing fees for a CC is inline with other merchants currently available.

Reasons for Choosing Housecall Pro

HCP offered everything we needed and features we didn't know we needed.

Ben from Lake Country Doors

Possibly the best CRM

I have been very happy with my experience since implementing Housecall Pro. I would like to see a few more features, but it has been ever evolving so I’m sure I will see those in the near future.

Pros

Ease of use and navigation. Features that are offered to compliment it.

Cons

Could use a few more options. It is easy to use from a phone but I would like pictures attached to the price list items to make it easier to navigate on the phone .

Reasons for Choosing Housecall Pro

Service Fusion was overly complicated to onboard. I didn’t have 40+ hrs I could dedicate just to implementing a new crm.

Shauna from AirTex Heating and Air Conditioning

Game Changer!

I love the relationships I’ve been able to develop with the Housecall Pro staff! They are so selfless and really care about their Customers. They are innovative and always looking for a way to help us out!

Pros

Housecall Pro has changed how we do business for the better! It saves us countless hours. We have streamlined so many of our processes. Our customers love the communication it provides. It’s been one of the best business decisions we’ve made!

Cons

I’ve struggled a bit with running reports but that could just be a user error and lack of knowledge on my part.

Reasons for Choosing Housecall Pro

Because of the amazing features, growth potential and price point for a small, growing business.

Mai from NTXPlumbing

Awesome Dispatch Product For Your Team

We've been able to simplify and streamline our communication workflow between the office and plumbing team. It is much more transparent. The amount of money we are saving each since switching from expensive providers like ServiceTitan has been tremendous.

Pros

Housecall Pro user interface is easy to use on both desktop cloud and mobile app. Easy to book appointments-->dispatch to the team with no issues. We the ability to also manage the team out in the field without being tied to the office all the time. Their community on Facebook is by far one of the best and most interactive and helpful to all.

Cons

This product has been awesome and there are no negative feedback.

Reasons for Choosing Housecall Pro

We chose Housecall Pro because [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is the only [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] that I know of that interacts with their clients/users/ and community on Facebook. For business owners like us, it shows that he really cares and not like other [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] who only cares about the $$$.

Wendy from O&M Plumbing Services, Inc.

Housecall Pro IS the BEST Platform for Businesses

By utilizing Housecall Pro platform, we are much more organized in our processes from Technicians, Customers and Training. Our revenue increased more than 25% in the first year and nearly 30 in the second. The hands on support from the very top echelon of upper management is unfounded. Nowhere else have we experienced first hand the level of support from all of Housecall Pro's teams from the top COO to the IT Technicians who continually improve the platform.

Pros

My most favorite part of this software is the people that back it up. Software is software, it's the people who make the difference. All of the Housecall Pro teams are some of the most amazing people in this world. The software is very user friendly with many features being created to meet the demands and needs of the trades that use. The continuous upgrades to the platform, features and 3rd party extensions that make the user experience more customizable for the intended users. Always pushing the boundaries of excellence.

Cons

The accounting side of things for the money transmitted to the bank. Sometimes there are glitches that cause problems within the money deposited transmissions and the tax rate causes errors that are not always an easy fix. The work around to fix the errors caused more work for me by having to go into my quickbooks to change a tax rate then reinstate it to the original rate. Oye' vei ?

Reasons for Choosing Housecall Pro

The usability of the platform to meet the business requirements to succeed in our service plumbing industry. Ease of use platform that is easy to onboard in days not 6-8weeks. Support, training and live 1:1 webinars along with many features that are always being improved upon.

Scott from Watkins Carpet Cleaning

Pro user

Before joining house call Pro I had just purchased 500 invoices for over $100 and I've only used since then maybe 12:00 house call Pro makes it easier with invoicing scheduling the pricing when booking job is very difficult because your categories are too long so when you look at the price list on your phone for example it's almost impossible to find what you're looking for I really believe this is your number one problem on your house call Pro at if you could fix this as well as the Rolodex problem for example when a customer calls in it shows house call Pro customer but then you look them up on the Rolodex and hit the search hourglass they do not come up so what's the use even having it I have gotten lucky before was able to do it by scrolling down a little bit but it's just doesn't make sense I would spend a little money and get some programmers and fix both of those problems it's very important that you abbreviate carpet is CPT uppercase C or all uppercase and in clean until there's more room to the right of that to put the title of what the item is in the price list I don't mean to jump around a little bit but I just got off work and I'm trying to wind down.

Pros

Scheduling jobs. But there are several problems with scheduling jobs that I mention later in this review please pay attention it could help your business a great deal I know from experience in the past dealing with other marketing companies such as Angie's List what they have done wrong the information provided here is priceless I have a degree in marketing please listen to what I have to say I think you all have great positive attitude and I really appreciate who you are but I really believe there's some issues that you need to fix at a low cost compared to the amount of money that house call Pro will lose in the future please consider everything in this review that I have to say and I promise you will be number one in this industry because already you show that you care by having the pros the people that really take this seriously go to your company meetings that is very intelligent but please read what I have to say here thank you!

Cons

I think this app needs some work for example existing customers is almost impossible to locate but you know they're in the Rolodex for one house called does have it right by showing that it's a previous customer but how do you look that person up in the Rolodex it's virtually impossible I get lucky every now and then but I've given up. The other problem is I paid $50 for a credit cards swiping product but it doesn't work and I don't quite get the text messages but if house call Pro had a live person I could figure out a lot more but it doesn't seem to exist I was at one time in contact with an [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and then they drop the ball I have nobody to talk to and another thing is when you do talk to people you should make it to where you are automatically emailed for a customer a representative review so then your representatives do a better job and try their best for example Angie's List represented always had a chip on their shoulders even though they were review company they never reviewed themselves I've watched them go from nine hundred million dollars almost a billion dollars down to five hundred million dollars and sold out with a Icee at 550 million dollars all because nobody would listen to their business partner Scott Watkins. I have a lot of entrepreneurial ideas and place I am soon retiring from carpet cleaning and I will be a multi-millionaire it would be in the best of of interest of house call Pro to listen to my advice I have a degree in marketing.

Scott from Pac Pro Clean Services Inc.

Love HouseCall Pro

Overall great! I have referred it to many friends and people I talk to. It far surpasses any software I’ve seen or used and the way they communicate and run the company is just icing on the cake.

Pros

HCP has made my day to day business adman much easier. It literally replaces a part time employee w all that it does for me. The digital schedule is great. The text and email reminders that are sent out look so professional-I get comments from customers saying they love all “my” communications (it’s mostly automatic). So cool! The invoicing is clear, the cc payment link that comes on every invoice sent out has helped to keep a/r low. Everything is at the click of a button, and very user friendly. One of the really great things is their customer service. When I get stuck or have any glitches, they reply within minutes (no joke), and it’s always a precise reply. Sometimes they tell me there’s no feature for what I’m asking but they submit my request for the feature to be a future addition. Overall, it’s been the best software addition I’ve had. This is my 4th software over 20 yrs of doing business and with all their constant updates I don’t expect to ever have to change again.

Cons

There are features that don’t exist yet. I have been able to find work arounds for all of them. For example, you can’t send out a broadcast marketing email to your customer base. However, you can easily export your client list to do it through another platform. You can easily and send out a custom postcard to your client list through HCP, it can even be automatic. Since it’s cloud based, if I don’t have cell svc or wifi, I can’t access any info or process any invoices/estimates etc. This is a limitation.

James from TLC Refrigeration and Air Conditioning

Great, I am where I am today mainly because of their system, I wouldn't have been able to manage things like I do today without them.

Pros

I love how its evolved over the past 2 years, it has grown as I have. Their team is on point and very intuitive to its customer's needs. I started using the software for the simple reason someone had reached out to me to help them build one, and after a few months of using their software I realized how difficult it would be to do along with my business, I even at one point looked at leaving and did so. I thought I found the answer to my problem with Fusion something, I started to pay them and continued using HCP until I felt comfortable with the new system and rolling it out with my team. After about 2 months I realized they were not on the same level or page as HCP. like I said I never stopped using them luckily, it would have costed me more time and more money if I had. They have been amazing for 2 years and plan on sticking with them as long as they plan on taking my money. They have an amazing Facebook group that has helped me in many situations amazing Pros from all over with wonderful insight.

Cons

they will make mistakes as we all do, no one is perfect. I've made so many in the short time I've been in business and I'm not dealing with the volume of people as they do. So I try to keep that in mind when one does come up. Their team really is amazing, I can't say anything bad about them.

Reasons for Choosing Housecall Pro

I heard from another person in the industry about them, and when I looked at pricing compared to others it was a no brainer. I actually have accounts on 1 site from Home Warranty's that they pay for, and its garbage compared to HCP. It really is user friendly and if I can navigate around it as easy as I do then I believe anyone can.

Chase from Blue Dog Carpet Cleaning LLC

Great Software for Residential Service

HCP handles a lot of my business for me. It even has online booking features.

Pros

Many things. I like the payment options I can give to clients, the calendar sync, estimates, postcard integration, support systems etc.

Cons

Sometimes it takes a while to load on the customer's end so they think it’s not working. I think it’s just because it’s encrypted though.

Reasons for Choosing Housecall Pro

Because Launch 27 was very confusing for me and to the customers. You almost have to program it out. HCP is much simpler to use and customers prefer it. I ran both systems to test them out.

Response from Housecall Pro

Replied December 2019

Thanks for the loyalty and 5-star review, Chase! And glad to hear you are taking advantage of online booking. Did you know that more than 1/3 of homeowners want to book service appointments online? Great that you are not missing these important folks.

Jason from Expedition Heating and Air

Housecall Pro - ALMOST the best home services software on the market

Initially very good upon onboarding. As soon as we were up and running we were asked to join a few other programs they offered which were beneficial to us and due to the initial low price we were happy to add these on. As far as functionality, the system is great for home services companies with features like "on my way" texting and emails as well as processing for payments and online booking. Implementation by the company was our issue. The features were great but many were buggy and did not work well together.

Pros

Housecall Pro has a robust amount of features in an affordable package. The main interface is fairly easy to use Dedicated online fan base on Facebook that is a ton of help

Cons

No official support phone line from the company. They utilize a chat bubble on their website for support and have little to no way of escalating a problem to speak with someone. The implementation of new features comes fast and furious. The features are not always perfected before implementation and are buggy

Reasons for Choosing Housecall Pro

a much larger catalog of options and seemingly great customer support

Response from Housecall Pro

Replied December 2019

Thanks for your loyalty and the 4-star review, Jason. We are constantly making improvements to the platform and launching new features. Our chat bubble is able to handle many of our customer's questions, but we have recently launched some packages that come with dedicated phone support for those who prefer that. Please take a look and let us know if you would be interested in one!

Brian from BEM Corp

Housecall Pro Getting Better With Age.

We are a small HVAC service and install company. Using Housecall Pro has been a positive experience. It has greatly improved scheduling for both customers and employees. A/R has been a very positive aspect. Integration with QB has made the accounting side of the business cleaner with less conflict. We are now beginning to use the service contract feature. HCP support always respond in a timely fashion and are always seeking to improve.

Pros

Seamless integration with Quickbooks is the most important feature. Once we learned to categorize where we wanted charges to show in QB such as "Labor" or "Material & Supplies" then reconciliation became easy. Software is easy to navigate and customize. Scheduling service for our customers is a major feature and increases customer confidence. Our A/R has improved dramatically. More of our customers use the pay online feature and the ability to accept cc payments is a huge plus. Admin settings allow to set cc minimum payments and employee access through mobile app.

Cons

Would love have an attachment icon in customer history window indicating service calls that have attached photos or documents uploaded without having to open each one individually. I would also like to have the ability to record customer equipment Model & Serial #'s and connect services to particular equipment. Example: Customer has (5) individual air con systems. Enter Model & Serial #'s, and name systems. Then all future service at that site can be attached to a particular piece of equipment with the ability to run a report. Options for "Summer" & "Winter" maintenance to run reports for recurring future would also be on my wish list.

Jennifer from Sarah's Air LLC

MY overall experience has been great, whenever i need customer service they are available and always helpful via chat or phone call

Pros

The owners were use too and liked a different dispatching/invoicing system. When I was hired as the Office Manager I was trained to use that system but always felt like it was out dated and not user friendly. I ran across an ad for house call pro on social media. I immediately loved what I saw, the ease of the program and how customers could make payments online and leave reviews for our business and technician experience. I showed the owners and we made the switch to housecall pro and have never regretted it.

Cons

I wish the system could notify me when my technicians went in route, started there job and finished there job. Wish some sort of push notification or a chime when the dash board is open

Reasons for Choosing Housecall Pro

All the features it has to offer, easy for my technicians to use. Can provide customers with quotes onsite. Can build my own price book . The approve and decline feature for quotes.. there is to many great things to name.

Ben from Fibra, Inc

HCP listens

We enjoy using HCP. There the best we've used by far, and we've used camelot and servicemonster. The Mastermind was helpful and we get the feeling they overall care and are out there to make us better. Our clients rave about the omw's and finishes communication. I love texting through the app (although I wish you could see/use that from the desktop). It simply makes us look more professional and it usually works... which is more than I can say about other services.

Pros

I like that a conference call was set up with me to discuss a major issue I had with billing multiple contact/dept clients. They listened to my concerns and within 2 hours made a change to the software they we now utilize on a weekly basis.

Cons

There's still a few buttons that need to be accessible a little easier. For instance, the client search has too many steps to be the single most used button. (that's why we have hcp is to keep track of our clients info etc. (too many un-needed steps). You've made me click the client page, then I have to select the search bar... which happens to be on the opposite end of the screen. Either have the search bar auto fill (start curser there) so we can click client, and then start typing the clients name, or (my preference) add the search bar to the header and have it accessible from every page. 2nd biggest fix requested: I really wish we would get a notification similar to when a invoice doesn't connect with QBO properly for when our text and emails don't go through to the client. We love the software so much that we use the omw, finish tabs as well as sending estimates via email... and it's frustrating hearing the client didn't receive the notification only to then learn we had a missing letter or wrong digit etc. that we could have caught initially. It makes the client feel like we've forgotten them when they are expecting the notification and we do our part, but they don't receive it.... and we don't know that it didn't get completed.

Barry from Socal Carpentry

Industry: Architecture & Planning

House call review

Pros

App use experience is phenomenal. I have written estimates In a time crunch in the driveway of the customers house b4 a sales meeting. While not ideal, the ability to have something for my client rather than nothing is all the difference. Only Houscall makes this possible.

Cons

Housecall over all gets 5 stars , no question about it. The only reason I gave 4 stars is some areas is because I am seeing the potential of the product and would like to see house call achieve that potential. Web based use is definitely not the same experience as the app. Pages bog, cursors lag, and it takes time to write proposals and navigate. While the organization of the web based platform is truly superior, the navigation is not. I choose to log on the web based platform because of the clarity and organizational benefits but I often find myself frustrated, losing unsaved pages or saying “ common”. With that said there is nothing that even comes close to what housecall offers me so take that criticism in perspective to the the truly awesomeness of house call as a whole. I would like to add that house call software engineers have come up with some great ideas! Ideas I never knew I needed but now can not go with out. Features such as street view and home value in the customers page is very helpful. Other helpful features SA colab with employees and sales updates, employee tracking and credit card processing on site are In app features I have been introduced to that I can’t live with out. These features may not seem like the back bone of your business head on but i can tell you in hindsight they all add up and contribute to your over all competitive edge.

Reasons for Choosing Housecall Pro

There were no other comparable products at the time i began using housecall and I see no reason to ever begin using anything else. I have become accustomed to housecall and i now have a good relationship with the product. I would not want to learn anything new or move my business elsewhere ever if possible.

Boo from Tribal Electric LLC

Clients LOVE it!

I love that it talks to quick books, but sometimes there are glitches that my book keeper can't figure out without an HCP rep. I love how easy it is to use on my phone.

Pros

The feedback I get from clients is that they love the professionalism of the software, the easy ways to communicate, the online booking option, the automated 'on my way' text and paying online. What I like is how easy it is to look at. I know other software have more options, but sometimes less is more. You can get lost in all the functions and it makes it harder to use. I don't need a lot of the other features that other software offers. I need software that is quick and easy to use (and hard to screw up). The way everything is set up makes each page easy to look at, therefore, easy to navigate and use.

Cons

I don't like that I can't call someone to help me figure something out. I don't like that the invoice number is not the same as the estimate number and sometimes it can be tricky to keep them the same. I wish there was an automated function to send an invoice for the deposit once someone approves an estimate. Another thing that would be helpful is if people can schedule an estimate online, not just a job. I know I can convert jobs to estimate, but numbering can get tricky. One more thing. It would be helpful if on the app, you can see the invoice number right on the calendar or when you open up the job. I'm in metal warehouses a lot buying material and I have to select the invoice button just to see the invoice number and reception is bad. My way around it has been putting the invoice number in the notes, but that's obnoxious.

Reasons for Choosing Housecall Pro

It's easy to look at on the computer and phone. Easy to navigate and not too many options for me to get lost in. It is just what I need.

Roger from Tully Electric Inc

Gets easier to use and better everyday. Support from the company is amazing, they are alway evolving

HCP is giving me time to market and feels like a partner or mentor to our continued growth and success.

Pros

Ease of setup. Kind and patient support team. Did I say patient? After our office manager retired, we were able to implement HCP and within weeks realized that we no longer needed an office manager! It was tough to change my ways after doing “what worked” for the first 28 years, but these last two years with HCP have really helped us grow and I spend about 15 hours/week less sitting at a desk. Our crews like having the power to create estimates and quote work and extras. The payment portal speeds up collections. The software is constantly improving. We are a completely paperless company now, save for permit applications and such. It is so easy to schedule out days, weeks, a month. Drag and drop to move appointments. Creating/changing unit prices is so easy.

Cons

Making changes to estimates or invoices to a customer puts you back to the dashboard, which is distracting if you are handling multiple invoices for a property management company for instance. A work around is to open each one in a new window on the desktop. We use the desktop site in the field since the mobile site will not rotate on our iPads and we have keyboard cases. The dashboard shows outstanding invoices when you log on, but you cannot click on them individually to review. No integration with QB desktop, though I may be the only person who has that problem.

Reasons for Choosing Housecall Pro

Lack of transparency initially regarding their rates, etc. High pressure sales, felt a bit like a target. The online reviews were all over the place.

Kathryn from Higher Education

Makes my job so much easier!

Before Housecall Pro, my previous employer had stacks of paper invoices she was trying to collect on and manually texting out service calls to each of her in-field technicians EVERY DAY. I was hired specifically to help implement an easier way to operate her small but growing HVAC company. I started research on the different software available and even trialed two before I came across Housecall Pro. One week after implementing and training our technicians we saw a significant improvement in communication between staff and customers as well as collecting on invoices. I was so pleased with Housecall Pro I recommended it to a family member who also has an HVAC company out of Phoenix. I now work remotely for him and cannot be more thrilled that I am again working with Housecall Pro. Thank you for such awesome customer service and a great overall product. This software was perfect for the small service-based business's I have had the pleasure to work with.

Pros

With my main responsibility being dispatching service calls and administrative work, Housecall Pro makes it so easy to have all of the information in one place. You are able to see the status of service calls and invoice homeowners directly from the app. Another great feature of Housecall Pro is offering direct communication with customers and employees via text from the app. The convenience of an online dispatching system is that information can be accessed and updated in real-time so that everyone has accurate information at all times. Customer service agents are available via chat during business hours and provide solutions to problems that you have within minutes which is also very helpful and reassuring when you have questions.

Cons

There is nothing in particular that I don't like about Housecall Pro. Housecall Pro will continue to offer an excellent product, while actively improving their site and adding new features on a regular basis.

Reasons for Choosing Housecall Pro

It was easier, affordable, and offers the most for your money.

Mike from Morrow Plumbing Inc.

A review of Housecall Pro CRM

It is much easier to look up phone numbers, addresses, and prior work orders within Housecall Pro vs. our former manual paper system. Also a good feature HC Pro provides is the ability to collect payments in the field which is probably more accurate and faster than other methods.

Pros

Housecall Pro is a great CRM product. We are a plumbing company and we use this software every day and it helps us keep track of our customers in the cloud. We have not started using Housecall Pro in the field as of yet, but we will soon. Once a person learns the software it is fairly easy to upload a list of inventory items such as plumbing parts and then add these parts to a customer's invoice. We are experimenting with locating parts through voice recognition from the tablet and then adding these parts to the invoice rather than keying them in by hand. We use a time and material vs. flat rate customer invoicing system. Many companies are hard to reach or place you on long holds when you call them. Housecall Pro utilizes a chat feature which provides a timely response to our questions. Housecall Pro is an affordable and good quality software program that is web based. Some of the features of the program include job scheduling, dispatch, customer invoicing, the ability to accept credit cards in the field, and more. Overall we are very satisfied with Housecall Pro and recommend them as a Field Service Software solution.

Cons

It would be nice to have sub categories or some type of drop down menu for our parts so they would be easier to find. For example it would make sense to have a category called copper fittings and then a sub category called elbows, and then a sub category to that for different types of elbows such as 22, 45, and 90 degree. Since we are time and material plumbers it would also be nice to have an automated way to calculate our labor costs based on time spent on the job, but this still requires a manual calculation from what I understand.

Reasons for Choosing Housecall Pro

I chose Housecall Pro because it is a local company based in San Diego, California and I figured it would be better for customer service because they are in the same time zone as our company. Also HC Pro was more affordable than other solutions we considered.

Jaime from 805 Plumbing Inc.

Plumbing Dispatch Friendly

Pros

I no longer have to fill out work orders or contantly update customers with arrival times and scheduling. The app does it for us! It's saved me a lot of time so I can focus on other aspects of our business and has pleased our customers greatly! It's showing from the increase of reviews! The ability to link to Google and QBO are two of the best features as well as the time I save on the phone with customers playing call tag, etc. In plumbing, we are able to edit the blocks of time for unexpected repairs that come up and prevent overbooking and add segments for ongoing WIP jobs. HCP has made my work streamlined from the start!

Cons

There are a few features I wish that are available but that doesn't mean they won't be in the near future with their hard working support team. A subtotal line is desperately needed. I wish I got emails when my customers do so I can quickly reference what and when I sent it. Segment options for estimates would be nice since at this point you can only select one of multiple estimates. A drop down list of customers when searching for one would save me some time. Some customers have difficult spelling of names so to be able to type the first and second letter and have it bring up the customer list would be a huge help without having to press enter.

Christina from Stollwerck Plumbing LLC

Common Sense Approach to Managing your Clients and Employees!

Sometimes, using multiple software applications, to try and get one job done can be frustrating. Not so with HouseCall Pro. The customer service over chat is so quick and easy, as well as the "tips and troubleshooting" search -- any problems I am having are usually "self-generated." LOL!

Pros

This has got to be the easiest "learning curve" I have ever experienced. Coming from a completely different industry, to manage the office here was a bit daunting. BUT - HouseCall Pro made it much easier. a) Customers: Easy to set up customers in system, note their special preferences, create "tags" to track for where they heard about us, and contact them via emails or texts. Each account has the Zillow pic and profile of each of our customers - providing a wealth of information to us before we even arrive to service their home. b) Employees: Love the "personal touch" of adding the photos of our team - Our customers can see who is arriving - and - with the notification system, they know when they will be there. TimeTracker makes payroll a snap, and allows employees the flexibility to check in and out while out in the field thru the app - not tied to a punch clock or computer in the office. c) Scheduling: Easy to use, nice 'color-coding' features for each employee, with options to notify your customer of changes or not. Quickly able to schedule on the fly, thru the phone app. Can look day, week or month with a quick tab change. d) Invoicing: LOVE it --- the team can enter in all their details, which would normally have to be transcribed from paper notes, on the Work Orders thru the phone app. Nice presentation to the customers, with immediate email invoice available, the minute the job is done and paid for. AND it flows to QuickBooks!

Cons

Creating "work arounds" for creating multiple sub-accounts for a main client. Sometimes, there needs to be a three layer deep ability to categorize a customer. Example: Parent Company (Main Customer), which has multiple condominium complexes (Sub Accounts of Main Customer)- each one having its own name/ billing account, and then, the need to create sub accounts for each Condo Complex (a Sub Sub Account) - for each individual Unit (for service address)

Reasons for Choosing Housecall Pro

Another local plumbing outfit recommended we try HouseCall.

Wayne from Simple Heating and Air

The best service management software for small to medium service companies.

Pros

Housecall pro was designed with the most important things to be successful in business in mind. They are constantly improving the software, and have estabilshed a community that you can tap into to become a better business. They listen to their users and are proactive. And the mobile version works great! I have Housecall pro fully integrated with Quickbooks Online, offer integrated online booking, offer service agreements, and impress customers with the automated texts and emails. I originally spent I don't know how many hours looking for the right software, trying to figure out what they all actually did, and tried several different programs. I even switched to another software after using Housecall for a year because I thought they were not going to develop their service agreement capabilities, but that

Cons

Over the past two years, there have been several issues for which I have needed to use a work around, but most of those issues have been, or are being addressed. Currently the most inconvenient issue is a somewhat clunky estimate process, and the inability to create multi-option estimates from the mobile app, but they are working to solve that issue.

Reasons for Choosing Housecall Pro

Housecall pro worked better for me and their customer service and online community is exceptional.

Julie from Pro-Fresh Carpet Care LLC

My HCP experience

HCP has brought our business to the next level. We have been using the software for two years and have a very basic plan. Before HCP, we were keeping our appointments in a spiral calendar and customer information was difficult to maintain. With HCP, we have been able to better track our customer activity and history. One of the newer features that I find interesting is the lifetime value of the customer. This is giving us some insight into how much revenue our customers generate. I am considering upgrading to the next level of HCP to begin accessing some of the marketing tools that HCP promotes.

Pros

I like the ease of use for employees and users in the field. It is simple, yet allows our company to be in contact with our customers. From the office perspective, we have reduced how many invoices we are sending the mail significantly. Our customers like receiving e-mails from us, including the invoices. The portal for payment is easy to use. There has been a significant increase in online payments through the portal. Our employees find the app easy to use and the location services make it easy for them to find our customers homes.

Cons

The times on the schedule page, need to somehow be highlighted or the top of the hour bolded. It is really difficult to schedule an appointment on the week view for Friday, because the time is in the far left margin. I would love to have the ability to make comments on the time card section. That way when I need to make a change to an employee's time card, I can also note why the change was made. The way that the credit card payments integrate with quickbooks is frustrating, as I have to go to each transaction and manually change where it posts the payment. I would like to have the ability to designate where the payment goes. In addition, it would be nice to change the QB display name on HCP ourselves, instead of talking with customer support. One more thing, can payments affecting more than one invoice be posted as one payment, versus each individual invoice. This would make processing deposits so much easier.

Denise from Capital Rating & Documentation Services, Inc.

HOUSE CALL PRO

I like HouseCall Pro very much on the desk top version and would definitely recommend the program to others. I would not recommend the mobile version at this point only because of the issues I have stated. I hope that in time the mobile version will catch up to the desk top version for the ADMIN to be able to conduct business whether in the field or in the office.

Pros

I like the way house call works on the desk top. It is quick and easy for me to do all my daily tasks as it pertains to each individual project I have going on. It is pretty easy to navigate through. The system allows me to keep all projects organize even if we have to go back out on more then one occasion.

Cons

I don't like how difficult it is to search on the desk top version for a particle project. It would make it quicker and simpler to have a "1" step process to look up any project by address or contractor name. Too many steps and difficult right now to find what I am looking for. The mobile version needs to be simpler for the ADMIN to be able to use. If I am away from the office I can only see my projects, not ALL. I need to be able to see all as the ADMIN in order to conduct business when I am away from my desk and office. Our business requires putting in the home owner address which is not the contractor's address on file. When I try to schedule a job in the field on the mobile version I can never put in the address of the home owner which is where I need my employee to go.(NOT THE CONTRACTOR OFFICE) I have to always put it in the notes and take an extra step to tell the employee address is in the notes instead of where it should be. This makes it very difficult to work with and dispatch my employee to the correct address.

JULIE from Dan Only HVAC A Partnership

This software changed my life and kept my relationship together!

it makes my job way easier AND we were able to have a paperless office.

Pros

Ok so my partner and I started a new business together and I was using Joist which, for free, is a sweet app but I quickly realized that a serious business needed a serious software to help with logistics. Demo ensued and... Long story short our sales person was really cool and answered all of my difficult questions with ease. And trust me I am an office gorilla. And if you are trying to bamboozle me, well, I have those maternal instincts that can smell bamboozling a mile away. the program was easy to use and easy to learn. It has a real-time app that my tech in the field uses, it is partnered with zillow so the service address shows up with all the juicy details, bed/bathroom, sq ft, price it sold for . my tech uses the map function so he doesn't have to call me for directions. you can search specific date ranges and tag customers with specific tags for ROI data. It keeps a graph display dashboard of all the business vitals. Unlike other programs this one lets you pick the level you want to pay and for more you can get extra services. the lowest level still gives you plenty to run a successful business. I LOVE house call Sparky, the virtual text concierge, that reminds clients when their appointment is, confirms appt, tells them when the tech is en route and when a job is finished. There is a pay online feature, a "bill to separate address" feature, and the customer service is the BEST I've ever dealt with. they even take suggestions.

Cons

when you use the payment box to run a credit card it pops up in the center of the screen and you cant move it to see what the billing zip is on the screen below it. I don't know if it's me but sometimes it takes a few seconds longer than I like to load between screens. There might be a toggle feature I am missing. I work hard and I expect my technology to do the same. I would like to see a little more flexibility in the price list feature. It should operate faster with the line item selection. If I pick something I know is in our saved price list it takes a minute for it to populate the selection box. When you are inputting the prices of line items by hand the cursor goes to weird places in the price. drives me bonkers

Rebekah from Rosi's Cleaning Service

Combined most of my programs into one

We are a commercial cleaning business and have been in business for almost 20 years. For the last few years we have been transitioning from paper to digital. We have multiple employees, that are private contractors. They work at several locations. Each location has it's own pricing. Most times any additional services or charges added to a job are reported back with in a day or two. We were using a paper calendar for on the go access, that was then copied to a shared online calendar. That information was entered into an invoicing program and invoices were emailed via a private email account. The process from work ordered to invoice sent could take up to a week depending on when our employees got back with information about the job. Going into this next year we decided to try an "all in one" program. Housecall Pro so far has been great! It has most of the features we need. I love the app feature that comes with this program. It pings the employee when a job is assigned. Reminds them of upcoming work, gives directions to the location and lets them add details, pictures, or services to that job on site. My workload has been cut significantly, allowing me to get to other administrative demands finished that usually get pushed into my weekend. Having the calendar, employee assignment, clients, services, and invoicing all in one place is amazing. I've had to make some adjustments and "tricks", since it is a basic program. But nothing enough that's made it difficult to use. Overall it has taken a good amount of stress and transition from our plate. For single users to a company with multiple employees, this program can do a lot for you.

Pros

Convenience, combines most of your business programs into one easy to use program Customer Service, with offices on both coasts I am able to get in contact with customer service within 10 minutes. Accessibility, I can access the program from any computer with internet connection or use my phone via the app. Faster Reporting, employees out on the job can add details, services, or new jobs on sight. Cuts out bridges between programs and communication, I can enter in a job on the program, assign my employee and it's sent to whomever I need it to be sent to (employee or client) saves me from having to enter it onto either a paper calendar, or a shared calendar, and then notifying the employee of the job and then waiting on a report that they have completed the work. No contract - you can do monthly, half year or annual commitments

Cons

Limited customization, I have to incorporate my own item code to personalize my clients services. The invoices are also limited on what can be changed/added Only completed jobs can be searched. There's no search or sort option for each client. So I have to scroll through jobs. Once a client accumulates work it can be a hassle to scroll though pages of information. Confirmation emails, because the invoices are sent though the program. I don't receive confirmation emails. It only show what has been sent.

Cameron from Warsh My Windows

Long time User Review!!! Love this App and Company

Pros

I have been a user since House Call Pro went national with their service. I don't have anything but good things about the company itself and the app/software! First, the app is for the phone works flawlessly and has improved so much since I first started. (aka awesome development and customer service team behind the app). The latest feature that I love is the employee time tracking feature! They can clock in and out right in the app! and the report for that is simple and user-friendly! I have 1 employee and looking to add another and this solves that huge time tracking issue I was having because they listen to their pros. Now that doesn't cover what my customers have said to me about how they like all the notifications and email reminders and text alerts and so on and so on. This adds so much value to my company. Communication with customers is I think #1 in service based business' and House Call Pro knocks it out of the park! Also great customer service. Great development speed. They are always getting feedback from their pros and using that to put the more requested features to the top of their development roadmap. I love that and have seen it over and over again the past 1.5 years or so I have been using the app.

Cons

Cons? I would have to say no Ipad native app. However, they have made changes to the web portal so it is touch screen friendly and you can still use the mobile app as well just zoomed in. But the web portal through the browser on my iPad works well, I just know it would be snappier as a dedicated app. BUT I also know adding another version of the app would slow overall development of new features as a whole so I am understanding.

Mike from Cornerstone Painting and Drywall

Almost There

I am a painting and drywall contractor in the Indianapolis area and have looked at about a dozen different programs to help me run my business. The first thing I can say, is that it seems that no perfect program exists, since most are either too generic (difficult to tailor to my industry) or too cumbersome. I actually "used", as in, not really, Builder Trend for a period of time, but found it to be way more than I really needed. Method CRM was another, but it seemed too difficult to master. Several of my coleages in the industry are using estimating software, in addition to Basecamp, Pipeline Deals and other things. Since I am a one man operation, I have to do everything from sales to production to marketing to billing, so time is at a premium for me and I needed a solution that was easy enough to learn. I also needed a program that would synch with my Quickbooks online (another imperfect program, but its what I know) and allow me to function in the field. I eventually stumbled upon HouseCall Pro and was impressed enough to give it a shot. Right from the start, I found it easy to learn. In fact, I signed up, had my personalized tutorial and three hours later was writing my first estimate in the field on it. I will highlight the pros and cons in the fields below, but I can say that this is a company that is constantly improving its product. I get the sense that they want to be able to provide a one stop program. I say that because I have had conversations with one of their specialists and he was asking me what else would I like to see them doing to improve. They have a chat bubble online (at your desktop only) that is available most hours and they connect quickly with helpful answers. My biggest beef with this program is that they are spending a lot of time building new features into the program when I think they should be tweaking existing features. For example, there is an auto responder email feature that you can set up for as many emails as you like, but they have not included an option to include hyperlinks in the emails. I am sending out a survey form and also a review request form, in which I have created the links, but the customer is forced to copy and paste in order to access these. Unfortunately, I am getting zero responses because a hyperlink would be easier. All in all, I think HouseCall Pro is on the right track, but they have a way to go before they can live up to their true potential.

Pros

QBO synchronization, ease of use, ability to do estimates and invoices in the field. Tags allow tracking of specific items (similar to classes) like lead type and services provided. GPS to track employees and picture of house from Google maps shows on customer page. Auto responder feature, postcard program that is cost efficient. Great customer service, responsive. Online booking of jobs for customers. Ability to take credit cards. Mobile program lets customers know when you are on the way to their home. You can set up employees/techs and have their picture sent to the customer before they arrive at a job.

Cons

I have found issues with duplication of invoicing; there seems to be no recognition of multiple invoicing for a single estimate. No hyperlink option for the auto responder email program. Credit card option cannot be turned off on a mobile device, must be done on desktop version when invoicing. There is no job costing function. At $199.00 per month, I feel that this program can do so much more.

January 2016

Kenneth from Sciencetellers

January 2016

FSM, CRM and Appointment Scheduler - All in one!

Pros

For 18 months we were looking for a software that could do three things: 1. Manage our customer database (CRM) 2. Schedule appointments and send automatic reminders to customers 3. Assign and dispatch employees to jobs (Field Service Management) It seemed every software was designed to do one, MAYBE TWO, of these things, but no software could do all three. Then we found HouseCall Pro. It seemed almost too good to be true, but HouseCall does it all for us. We haven't looked back. 1. App for field technicians is awesome! Best I've seen. 2. Strong and powerful integration with Google -- autofills addresses and integrates with Maps. 3. Automatic e-mail reminders sent to customers. 4. Postcard marketing campaigns. 5. Quickbooks compatible. 6. Incomparable customer service. They have a friendly, helpful and intelligent group of people working for them. They are always there to listen to requests and solve problems. The messaging app within the desktop software lets you communicate with them directly anytime. They always seem to respond within mere minutes. 7. They are constantly releasing updates and improvements to the software. It gets better with every release and it shows they really listen to customer suggestions!

Cons

1. The schedule view is hard to read and use. When you are trying to get an overview of your resources and availability, you have to scroll left/right as well as up/down. It's made it hard for us, so we still have to rely on Google Calendar to view employee availability when trying to schedule jobs. 2. No automatic reminders sent to employees. There is a push notification one hour before a job starts, but this is not enough time for us. We want an email or test least a day, even a week, in advance. 3. Few customization options. (eg - You cannot rename "professional" to "stylist" or "technician" to suit your industry.) You can't include hyperlinks in follow-up emails to link customers to a satisfaction survey. (They have to copy/paste the address into the browser.) 4. No way to "black out" dates on scheduler for employee time off. Again, we still have to use Google Calendar. Although they just released "Non-Job Events" and this could serve as a possible workaround for us. We are looking into it! 5. The CRM is weak. (No multiple contacts for a business, no way to name different service addresses, no pipeline for making sales, etc.)

December 2015

Grant from Core Plumbing

December 2015

The absolute best software platform for small service businesses.

Pros

I own and operate a small plumbing company in San Diego and I have been searching for a product like housecall for years. Yes there are competitive products on the market and I've tried them all. The main problem for the other products was the disconnect or lack of care for the user's (me) feedback. I would find an issue with the software that prevented me from running my business the way I needed to and when I voiced my issue, the response was vague at best but usually nonexistent. My experience with housecall has been the exact opposite. EVERY time I have had an issue or needed help, they have been IMMEDIATELY responsive in helping me to resolve an issue and even develop their product further to improve all aspects. Years ago when we transitioned from the old carbon triplicate paper invoices to electronic means, I had to use a different kind of software for each business task i.e. invoicing, scheduling, dispatching, processing credit card payments, taking photo records for completed jobs, sending appointment reminders and thank you notes, etc. Now, I have ONE software platform that I use for EVERYTHING! HOUSECALL! It does everything I need it to do. It's made my life and business run more efficiently than ever before and the best part is that they're constantly improving it! Almost every week there is added functionality, fine-tuning and improvement on an already fantastic product. If you have a small service company, you would be mistaken to look elsewhere for your field management software. Simply stated... Housecall does it best!

Cons

It's difficult to come up with anything negative about a product that have benefitted my company in such a massive way. All I can say is that it's a bummer that Apple forces app developers to go through such a difficult process to get app updates released, because it slows down the process. Housecall is constantly updating and adding new functionality to the web and mobile applications.

October 2015

Katelyn from Controlled Climates Heating and Air Conditioning

October 2015

Housecall Pro is changing our business for the better!

Pros

Our main concerns were to appear as professional as we can. We own a small HVAC company in CA. Its just me, my husband, and a hired hand. I got tired of entering paper invoices and worst of all loosing them >,<. We started with a software that did our pricing for us based on our industry. I will tell you it was a nightmare. They charged us per line on our invoices and the bill just range up. It seemed impossible to get ahead with that software. I won’t name names to avoid shaming them. When i heard about HCP i decided to do a demo. I was astonished at how much value was actually in the program. included was email marketing to keep in touch with our current customers, smooth connectivity with Quickbooks Online (no more entering invoices) yay!, they send email reminders to clients, they let clients know we are on our way, and tons more. Not only that but customer service is SOOO easy to get ahold of. I almost never have to wait more than a few minuets to get a response via chat. Its fantastic. Its the best software we have used AND its only 1 low monthly fee. We don’t get charged per invoice or customer. so its really a limitless software and for the price its a steal. They even charge less than paypal for processing credit cards! We couldn’t be happier. If your thinking about going with Housecall Pro just do it! -new features added all the time -we look professional to our clients -free email marketing included with your subscription -you can set up unlimited campaigns for email to tailor to each group of clients -test messages sent to customer to remind them of appointment and that we are on our way -great estimate and invoice set up -easy to reach customer support -low monthly fee (and even lower if you pay upfront) - syncs with quickbooks (no entering invoice data yay!) - customers can be imported directly from quickbooks online so everything is together. -can get a signature on invoices -all invoices are emailed to customers when job is complete ---The list seriously goes on

Cons

- the only con i can think of is that (like any new software or app) you have to learn how to use it. It takes a little bit to get it down. BUT support is there the entire way to answer your questions --AND even fix your mistakes :) --.

Sean from Spot Solutions LLC

Couldn't survive without Housecall Pro

Housecall Pro streamlines my entire customer interaction. The software maintains my customer database, and my customer history. Housecall Pro handles all my scheduling. Housecall Pro sends reminder emails to my customers and makes it easy to notify my customers as to my location on the day of service. Housecall Pro handles my invoices and makes it easy to collect payment. After the work is complete, Housecall Pro sends follow-up emails to my customers to help maintain customer loyalty. Housecall Pro also integrates with Quickbooks making my bookkeeping a breeze. Housecall Pro makes owning a business so easy!

Pros

I LOVE this software! It does absolutely everything for me and makes it so easy for me to run the behind the scenes part of my business. Housecall Pro is super easy to use, the app interface is very clean, and it totally streamlines my interaction with the customer from their first phone call, through to the completion of the job, and beyond. Housecall Pro makes every part of my carpet cleaning business so much more efficient.

Cons

I wish that the user had greater control in customizing messages that are sent to their customers. For instance, Housecall Pro sends a text and an email asking for a Google review and a review on Housecall Pro when the work is complete, but I have little control over the content/message of that communication. Another example is that I have little control over the content of the "On My Way", or the "Job Finished" texts that get sent to my customers on the day of their appointments. I would love to be able to send more personalized messages to my customers, so that they seem less generic and bland.

Dennis from Bill Bowers A/C & Heating Inc

Cost effective

The system has enabled me to manage the techs schedule and time keeping. Setting up appointments is fairy easy but I have to assign every tech to all jobs because they can't see other jobs other than one's scheduled to them.

Pros

The product is priced right for a small business.

Cons

There isn't a phone number to call for support or issues. When I have an issue sometimes I would like to talk to a live person instead of instant message. It would be a lot easier to explain some issues than try and type it out when I'm unsure of what I'm trying to say and some of my issues have taken a couple days to resolve or just answer a question I have because I don't always have time to wait for a response. It would be nice to have a good better best estimate presentation when presenting potential customers with a proposal. It would also be nice to sell a customer a reoccurring maintenance agreement from the mobile app instead of logging in to web-site to set up payment. My service techs who will sell the product can't set it from the app on their phone, they have to call me to set it up and most of the time it's after the tech leaves the customers house before it is set up. When we get busy I know some will fall through the cracks. I would like the techs to be able to view the entire work schedule instead of just the jobs they are assigned from the mobile app. I have to assign all techs to every job so they can see what's going on for the day, this makes the customer seem everyone is showing up instead of just the tech assigned to the job. I'm a small business and the techs take each job as they finish the one they are on. It's hard to schedule each job to a specific tech because they often finish a lot earlier or later than anticipated.

Jennifer from Big Air Heating & Air Conditioning, Inc.

Great solution!

100% better than what we had before. We love it.

Pros

What we like most about this software is the scheduling/dispatching aspect of it. It is VERY EASY to schedule several employees, they receive the appt information through the app installed on their tablets/phones and contains all the pricing and info that they need for their calls. Has cut WAY down on missed calls, money not collected and wasted time. The Service Agreement feature has also been great. Customer Services, while only available during normal business hours, is fast to respond via the "blue bubble" when we have a problem. Just this morning got a problem fixed in under 10 minutes.

Cons

I would not use the app for accounting purposes.

Reasons for Choosing Housecall Pro

HouseCall Pro was the most affordable out of all the software we looked at. It also addressed all the issues we were having with scheduling, dispatching, collecting money, invoicing and Service Agreements.

Monica from Glow Cleaning Company

Housecall Pro Review

Business overall with HCP has gone well. The team is prompt and helpful and their mobile-friendly software makes the system so useful. It's an organized and very visually appealing product which makes it easy to use.

Pros

Housecall pro offers a wide variety of useful features that help make work easy. I like that they are constantly trying to improve and that they offer impeccable customer service. Throughout this situation, it's clear that HCP cares about their clients as they continue to help offer resources to us. Being that the software is very mobile friendly makes such a difference. I don't need to be in the office to make a change to something that needs to be done within the system.

Cons

Although HCP offers a great product, it comes at an expensive price and key features they add always cost more money. With an ever-growing racial expanse taking place in our country, we would like HCP to offer bilingual services as many of our employees' first language is not English. Certain features could use more development such as employee hours and scheduling. No report shows you how many hours your employee was scheduled for throughout the week, and no report shows how many hours they actually worked. Scheduling takes place daily on our end and is very time-consuming. We would like HCP to develop their scheduling system even more. If they could offer automated scheduling that would be the ultimate feature.

Reasons for Choosing Housecall Pro

The visual appeal of HCP makes it stand out above other systems. Softwares are often ugly and confusing to look at, causing me a big headache. HCP offers more features than other systems and its mobile-friendly use helps so much.

Paul from Plumb Smart Inc

I've used HouseCall Pro for 1 1/2 yrs. It has reduced many of the daily tasks running my business.

Pros

Scheduling and invoicing jobs, automatic text reminders to employees and customers about upcoming work, email and postcard follow up with customers, Online booking for website and FB pages, invoice tracking, earnings tracking, etc, etc, etc, all kinds of tracking. HouseCall Pro customer service is fantastic. Ease of use. There's almost zero learning curve. You just dive right in and start using it! And if you can't figure out something, help is generally only seconds away, at the most a few minutes. And they speak real English, not Geekspeak! They have a great Facebook group. I've learned so much about business tips and strategies from other members all over the country it's unbelievable. It's like I've been introduced to a whole group of people who share the same struggles in operating a business and everybody on the group helps everybody else. HouseCall Pro is always adding more improvements and integrations with other services. The people at HouseCall Pro listen to their members and are constantly making it better and better. I own a plumbing business and have invested in hundreds of great tools for doing my work, but I'd have to say HouseCall Pro is the best tool I've ever invested in. For the first time, I'm in control of and working on my business. It no longer controls me. I've added one new truck and service tech this year and looking at an additional cost at least, in receipts this year. Couldn't have done it without HouseCall Pro.

Cons

I really can't think of anything. I really can't thing of anything. I really can't think of anything.

Aaron from H-Town Steam

Awesome software

9.9 out of 10 experience since day one using the software.

Pros

This software does almost everything you could ever ask for if you run a service based business

Cons

There are a few slight bugs that could be addressed and I would love a tablet optimized version

Reasons for Choosing Housecall Pro

Looks great for customers. Easy for technicians to use. Back end still needs some work but is definitely usable

Brent from OC Tasker

Housecall Pro - Save Time & Money

Complete time savings all the way around. The ability to look as professional as possible with the look of the estimates and invoices, on my way functionality, email and text invoicing, automation with texts for reviews after the job is finished, and getting paid in a timely manner. One of the othe big benefits is the HCP Facebook group - so many people helping each other, not just with HCP questions and suggestions, but also with general business questions and knowledge. HCP takes it to another level and is reasonably priced for all the features and functionality!

Pros

Provides everything needed to automate a business, from estimates to invoicing, to reporting, and dispatching. HCP also values the act of customer service. Communication is key, and instant invoice receipt to the customer once payment is received, delights customers. The On my way (OMW) texting feature is so powerful, as customers know when you are coming and takes a second to push a button to let them know. The ability to take payment within the HCP application is fabulous and the ability to provide an opportunity for a customer tip, is a great feature - I found that when given the opportunity, and the job is done well, customers want to tip, to show their appreciation. In addition, the Zillow interface is a nice feature, that allows a sneak peak into the customer’s home value - which is telling and can help with up selling.

Cons

Not many cons to HCP, but I would say a few areas for additional functionality. Customer time zone would be nice when using on line bookings, but only for companies with multiple locations in multiple time zones. Invoice discounts that only impact service and not the materials would be nice, but a line for a discount works as well just fine. A little extra functionality with deposits would be helpful, but using segments also gets around that requirement.

DAMION from AWARD WINDOW CLEANING

House Call is Great! But some very critical elements are not being implemented

Pros

Scheduling, invoicing, and accounting is Very easy to use. Ability to TAG customers and Tag Jobs is awesome!

Cons

> Some very important features are not being updated like the Post Card campaigns. We send Christmas post cards out every year and the feature is lacking is some very critical ways and hasn't been updated since I signed up in 2016. I've pointed out these flaws to HCP each time I use the feature and still have not seen any improved implementation. Very frustrating and time consuming to get the post cards to the right clients and exlude the ones you don't want. It really just needs some major improvement > The customization of the Customer heading for invoices/ Estimates needs to be more flexible so you can Have a Customer Name & Job Name, Customer address and job address (different scenarios). This is an essential feature that is missing unless you do some drastic custom editing just to get it the way you want which takes alot of playing around just to get right, then you have to switch everything back when your done. > They charge extra to have an essential feature that allows you to send reminders to maintenance customers. > HCP Doesn't allow you to save customized Email headings when you send invoices and estimates, so you have to save templates on your computer and copy and paste them each time. The default heading is very simple and crude: "Hi JOHN DOE, Attached please find estimate #5555 from "John Doe Cleaning" Thank you.

Charlton from SteamDoc

Carpet Services

Housecall Pro is a substantial solution for the money where the requirements are for dispatching a fleet for residential/commercial customers, and all the way through payment integration. Despite my lengthy Cons verbiage, Housecall Pro really saved the day for my new company. We and our customers really like the solution !

Pros

Very usable on all devices. Easy for the technicians to capture their job statuses. Easy to create estimates / job scheduling. Fantastic built in customer notification via email / text. Many customers have commented how effective this is. Also solid logging of jobs. There are also some good 3rd party solutions already integrated in, i.e., review management, Quickbook interface, messaging aggregation, etc. Broadly is expensive, but wow it really works well. Reviews have climbed substantially. The integration is just fantastic. Payment integration is superior, though see Cons section. Pay via invoicing is a nice feature when the customers are not at the job.

Cons

No lead generation support, workflow starts with an estimate / job creation. What we need is to capture lead activity prior to creating a customer for jobs/estimates. Channels are not built in. Today with digital marketing, we need to know where the leads came from. Tagging is a weak solution for this. Another way of stating the above, there is no real CRM functionality like SalesForce has. But then SalesForce is pricy, But without CRM, some day I might be forced to move to SalesForce. And they have a great Field Services solution. But that is also VERY PRICY. Also could use more robust commercial customer functionality. Payment options is an issue. Capturing 3% of CC sales, and 1% for same day deposits, is just too steep. Clover allows for debit cards rates, and their CC deposits lands within 2 days. That would help a lot as almost all card transactions are debit cards. I am still waiting for the card reader to launch. Stop trying to model Square's revenue capture, you beat them on the integration. I will be looking for other solutions if I have to forfeit 4% of $300K, and also pay you a monthly software fee. One or the other, not both.

Jeremy from River City Plumbing

Wow Your Customers!

It gives my customers a great service experience to help separate me from the heard. They love the constant communications and updates instead left wondering if someone is actually coming or not. The find comfort in seeing a photo of the service tech who is arriving and when, the full invoice, attached photos, payment and notes of the service all sent to their email saving paper. It allows any of us to look up customer service records after hours instead of making them wait until normal business hours for answers.

Pros

Easy set up Customer satisfaction Customization Communication Calendar Photos Time tracking

Cons

Most of what I didn't like has been addressed and added like segments on jobs from the app. There still are a few small things I would like to see improved. When I notify customer support the ideas are welcomed and most of the time I am informed that it is being worked on and eventually see it as an update. As long as Housecall Pro keeps listening to their customers and continue to make improvements they will remain the best customer service app on the market.

Recommendation Features and value

Shanna from Williamsburg Heating & Air Conditioning, Inc.

Highly Recommend

I appreciate the fact that they are intrested in keeping us all up-to-date with new features they value our opinion when it comes to adding features. Their educational tools and webinars, particularly now during the pandemic truly shows how much they care. If we succeed... they succeed. Not to mention they can be quite entertaining online.

Pros

We have been in business for 25+ years and after researching many other softwares, we made the decision to integrate HCP with QBO online. It took 2.5 days to fully integrate (due to our file size) and it has been the BEST decision we ever made. Particularly during the pandemic and social distancing, it has allowed us to have digital contact with our clientele, online correspondence, payments, service agreements, scheduling, dispatching, etc.

Cons

Although BCB is helpful, sometimes talking to an actual person would relieve some stress and get answers quicker. Would even be willing to pay a "small" fee in what feels like an emergency situation. Also a blast communication to all users when there is communication error between HCP and QBO, so we don't think its just our company with issues and the reassurance that HCP is already on it!

Reasons for Choosing Housecall Pro

Word-of-mouth, reviews, and on the fly (within 48 hours) we hopped a flight to Vegas for a Mastermind in 2019 that sealed the deal in our decision. The team, other users and the overall conference just felt right. HCP is dedicated to the service industry. Pray they always will be. Excited for their growth as they support our growth. IN THIS TOGETHER, long before COVID-19.

Good start but needs work

Overall at first glance it looks good, feels good and gives you a warm and fuzzy while you have someone guiding you. It is not super user friendly though. I have run across situations where it takes longer to do one thing than it should. A 5 yr old should be able to figure it out simple enough. If they can’t, it’s too complicated. In my design class in college, KISS was harped on repeatedly. Don’t make it simple for you to use but for someone not as smart as you.

Pros

Everything in one place. Customers get their own profile with a Zillow preview so we show up to the right house. Love the on my way and finish feature especially for txting the customer. Would also include that on the start button. Company may want options to turn on/off. Love the signature function and ability to add docs for customer if they are in signed contract. Maybe include the ability to have contacts made for company and ensured by lawyers that contact can be upheld.

Cons

Scheduling could be easier. There should be a right click function to block out times manually rather than a 20 step process. A mileage feature for mobile Services should be added. Possibly even using Zillow to auto populate the mileage and a place to set company cost per mile for weekday AND weekends. Ability to set employee base pay and option for them to NOT see what customer is paying but what they will make from the job. Field techs should never have access to how much a customer is paying. Simply show up, do the job, get a signature and leave. Also, should auto populate and keep track of employees when they arrive at a location, Mark as working and when they leave. I would like to see this app keep constant track of employees out in the field to ensure they are doing what they are suppose to and where they are going at all times. When booking online, if a customer books a job that says “3-4 hours” then the option should specify that when scheduling. Currently only limited to hour duration set by company and not based on the time for service.example: I can only set but blocks right now. I have set for 2 hours but if I have someone book a job that might take 4 hours they can not indicate that.

Patrick from The Shine Brite Company

Let’s go to the next level

Pros

We have used electronic invoicing since 2010. Last spring as a company I knew we had to look towards a cloud based system. We had already switched to a competitor of HCP and it wasn’t working out for us. Some of our requirements when looking for a new invoice company was to be cloud based, be very Innovative, and to be stable with a long term vision, yet innovative and adaptable to a quickly changing world. We found this in Housecall Pro. They have a vision and leadership to guide people in the service industry willing to change into a new changing economy. Our Spring sales numbers increased 120 percent when comparing 2018 to 2019 and I give all the Workflow Managment credit to the HCP program. We could not have done this without a efficient way to manage. They are also over the top when it comes to customer service. 5 ⭐️ s

Cons

It should have been invented in 2010

Joe from Shook Carpet Cleaning

Great CRM software

Great CRM for business starting out. Has really helped us become efficient and love the integration options.

Pros

Scheduling, reminder, customer profile. Zillow and google integration.

Cons

Needs more security function. Security needs to be more elective as individual components than bundled. Ability to create roles and assign security functions. would be nice if pricing could be associated with time allotments in order to make online booking easier. Ability to create dynamic fonts in the description for online booking. Change custom request to come over as a non editable customer note instead of a line item that is on the invoice. Allow for customer to sign off job again if new services are added. Separate credit percentage an money amount to individual boxes. We have a credit program which doesn't work when we apply a discount. Allow dispatcher to add credit card on file. Accept Venmo, paypal and cash app.

Reasons for Choosing Housecall Pro

introduction pricing and ease of use.

Displaying 1 - 50 of 2,370 reviews