• Pros

• "Clients love it. I can set out exactly what I need from a client and it is easy for them follow. It provides one central point for us to work together from."

• "Simple for clients to use and simple for our staff to use. Love the google drive integration and how it renames the files as per your request items. The the UI is pretty polished"

• "the templates make it very easy to use this software"

• Cons

• "There is not much I don't like about this. I guess it would be good if the mobile number for texts could be automatically be changed to a +64 prefix as I keep forgetting."

• "Sometimes its a little slow but developers have said this is to be improved soon. (on that note their customer service is pretty good!)"

• "Not everyone one of clients use it and of course, I would be happier if it were cheaper, but I still think it's value for money "

Browse FileInvite Reviews

Renee from I Know The Broker

Brilliant time saving product

Very easy to work with, excellent customer service and always available when needed.

Pros

I loved the fact that all the documents that I needed from a client were not only sent to the client in one actionable file but also that the clients had a clear visual of what they had and hadn't sent. The auto follow ups for documents not yet received was also a valuable time saver. Clients have given me nothing but positive feedback on the ease of use from end user experience as well.

Cons

Nothing to fault with the product at all.

Response from FileInvite

Replied August 2018

Thanks so much for the review Renee. Having a good idea where everyone and every file is at can be handy, and automatically following gets results. We are so glad that clients are finding it easy to use as well. Nick @ FileInvite.com

Jared from Bank of the James

A Great Solution for Document Collection

The Fileinvite team has been very responsive. They are willing to listen and if it makes sense implement certain changes to the platform.

Pros

The software (app) is easy to use and set up, taking only a few minutes. The 'templates' feature make it easy to quickly send document requests to my clients / customers. The software also offers a quick video tutorial for those clients / customers familiar with such software, showing end users how to use the app. FileInvite just added a "forms" feature allowing the user to create quick and easy fillable form templates.

Cons

I would like to see some additional functionality added to "forms" like simple math functions. It would also be very beneficial to "replaceable fields" to the templates allowing for automatic naming of certain documents.

Reasons for Choosing FileInvite

Fileinvite had many of the features we were looking for, with several plans available. Fileinvite offers a customer portal with Branding and the security features we need.

Response from FileInvite

Replied May 2019

Thanks for the feedback Jared, We're hoping to expand on the forms functionality soon...

Alanna from MTMC Ltd

Its great however it is a long winded path to get into drop box

Pros

I like how all uploaded info can go straight to our clients efile into their personalised file under drop box,

Cons

Not liking the amount of clicks you need to go thr ough to get to the path in their efile under our drop box.

Clinton from AXTON Finance

Get docs faster - its what it does!

We are mortgage brokers - our problem has always been that to collect dozens of documents to submit a mortgage application was a convoluted and time consuming process. We would always miss documents and be in and out of emails checking off against a manual spreadsheet. Quite simply... this sucked. When we found Fileinvite I knew immediately this would save us a ton of time and improve our client experience. We have been a user for two years now with zero regrets.

Pros

Cons

Some of the menu systems require more clicks than should be required. No google contact or CRM integrations yet (work arounds with Zapier though) Fairly minor issue in my mind.

Adam from RateOne Home Loans & Financial Planning

FileInvite allows me to be more efficient within my business and reduces anxiety! ;-)

Pros

I like the fact that you can add your own logo so that clients are not confused by where the request is coming from, it keeps a continuity of branding. I love the fact that clients are getting text messages to let them know they have an invite, or that it is now due today. I like that I can create templates.

Cons

Not able to link to Bankstatements.com.au however I get around it by putting my link under the request Bankstatements for people to click on. I think it would be a good idea to have the ability to ask questions for clients to respond to in a check off way, sometimes it is not a document that we need but the answer to a question, once they respond it can be checked off. I would like to have a record of the invite, what was uploaded, down loaded, comments etc so I can add to my file separate to FileInvite for compliance reasons.

Easy way to collect the documents without chasing the client

Easily collect documents and keep track over them without chasing them for documents

Pros

Great way to easily invite the client to upload documents and track them,frequent notification free from manual chasing them

Cons

many more additional features can added,timestamp,sent out share etc so as may features can be added

Arwa from Rehmann

Useful for accounting and tax firm owners

Its secure and fast to use. Its fairly simple from the user side and theres lots of tutorials for clients. The price point is great and I love that there is a free version also available.

Pros

I love the ease and security of use. Its quick to send and receive documents from clients. I like that there is video tutorials available for clients who are not familiar with this sort of technology. Perfect for small tax firms and owners with independent service based businesses.

Cons

Would be useful to add some simple formulas to the forms. Also, the delete function can be improved. It takes forever to delete unwanted documents.

Response from FileInvite

Replied February 2020

Thanks for the Feedback Arwa. We have some upgrades to forms on the way and have also updated file deleting with a bulk delete option.

Calvin from Oak Tree Mortgages

Easy to use, easy to set up and provides our company with a professional image

Much greater security for sending and receiving customer information , both documents and messages. A more professional customer experience.

Pros

The on-boarding process as a new user is very good with helpful videos. The software is easy to set up and amend. The option to upgrade to custom branding presents a professional image to our customers. I feel this is a much safer system than allowing customers to send their documents to us via unencrypted emails.

Cons

I would love this software to integrate with Timely who provide our office diary. I would also like the option for a file invite to expire and be deleted from the providers server after a set time.

Ryan from Directors Financial Group NMLS # 177087

It has streamlined the document exchange with my clients. The sync feature, saves us hours of time!

It is a huge time saver!

Pros

Easy to use, they have a great and responsive support team. The client interface is allows for an easy way for clients to upload documents.

Secure document collection

I found using this platform to be secure and allows us peace of mind during document transfers.

Pros

It allows to create a secure portal to collect documents. It gives us peace of mind rather than using email its much more secure.

Cons

Initial set up and learning how to use it took some time. Once we get it going we all agreed there wasn't a better solution.

Bruno from 24hrsDeals

Great software, easy way to share documents and save time organizing files!

Being able to manage files received by customers and also send them files with notes. The way we are able to communicate through the software is also awesome. I do recommend this file to all business owners, you will always need this type of software.

Pros

You can just upload all documents to the same place, and have your customers also uploading. Everything will be there, so next time you are looking for something, you won't have to go searching everywhere. The best of it all is that if you make a mistake when requesting a document, you can go back and edit it. It's so easy to manage files and add notes to it! Also, you can communicate with customers through it. Did I mention that it also transforms files to PDF automatically, making it easy to access through your phone or notebook? This is the one software we need to manage our files. Very easy and simple to use.

Cons

Sometimes it will take a little while to upload files, but that could also be an issue with our connection. Let me also note that it is very rare to have an upload or download that will take long to complete, but it does happen occasionally.

Chris from MB

Great value for the price! Easy to use and an effective way to improve productivity!

Pros

The best feature of this software is its user interface. It is easy to set up templates and it offers you sufficient customization. I have used similar platforms before and although they allowed for some customization, I found that they imposed several limitations of how may customizations you were allowed. For example, I could include a description, but the number of characters allowed for the description were extremely limited. This made it difficult to provide all of the information that the customer needed to know about that specific request. I also eventually left other software providers behind because they kept increasing the price with very little improvement in their platform (and in some cases, less functionality for a higher price). I believe that this platform is a fair price and depending upon the enhancements down the road, I would consider paying more for additional functionality.

Cons

It would be great to have the ability to collect electronic signatures (which I know is in the works). Also, in other systems that I have used, I was able to send out status reminders based upon certain milestones in the process. For example, I could have different milestones set and once I checked them off, it would email the parties that I set up at the start (i.e. loan documents received, appraisal completed, clear to close, etc.)

Response from FileInvite

Replied May 2017

Hey Chris, thanks for the awesome review! We have now have signature capture that you can use in beta, let me know if you'd like us to turn this on for you. We also have Zapier integration which may help down the track with your automated reminders and invites.

FileInvite

Document collation is an important part of our process. Prior to using this system we would normally have clients emailing documents to our email address. The risk to this is of emails being missed in among the volume of emails we get and the process not operating smoothly.

Pros

Our clients find FileInvite easy to use which is our ultimate aim when using this type of document collation service. Once set-up it is easy for us to manage the process with documents being converted into PDF and transferred into our online system automatically ready for us to check and utilize for our clients application.

Cons

When we use our templates there are times that some of the documents being requested within the template are not required for the client involved. We can only delete one document at a time. It would be great if we could check the documents we don't need and then press delete rather than having to delete each one individually.

September 2016

John from Zyber

September 2016

Huge Time Saver!

This software was a lifesaver for our workflow! We used to spend hours chasing clients for the documents we need from them to start their application, not anymore. This software does all the chasing, and keeps everything in one place. I can now see exactly which documents have been sent to us and which ones we are still waiting for, and they're not all scattered through my email inbox. I absolutely LOVE the automatic dropbox sync. As soon as the client uploads their documents they instantly show up in an neat and tidy folder on my computer. Feedback from our clients using the software has been great, and we have noticed a massive increase in the speed that they return us the files too.

Pros

Everything is in one place and I don't have to remember to follow up the clients.

Cons

Can't reply to in-app messages by email.

Stuart from The Mortgage Supply Company

I had seen FileInvite advertised and thought it sounded okay but never took it any further, but ...

Saves time and frustration

Pros

FileInvite keeps all the application and data collection process in one place, but more importantly I am able to arrange the requests to suit the type of lending - ie: first home buyers, Welcome Home Loans, property investors, non-bank lending etc and this way I can collect what is needed. It also allows me to add detailed instructions for each piece of information that I require. Plus collecting bank statements is now easy and I get the information in the correct format - love this add-on. Best of all FileInvite converts everything to pdf format which saves a lot of frustration with trying to get every bit of information sorted out.

Connie from Prosperity Finance

great software

save us time and it will sending email to reminder the client and we don't need to manually f/up all the time.

Pros

first, the software can use the name you set up the template so after download, don't need to spend too much time to rename the file, second, if client upload the picture, you can choose to download the PDF one, and save time to convert the picture to PDF.

Cons

If client upload all the files and then you decide to download all the files, it will save as one merged PDF file, which has ID, bank statement, everything together, then we had to manually separate them, and rename, also under one template like bank statement, can't choose only download the merged docs for one template.

Louise from The Property Education Company

Life Changing software for mortgage brokers

Support has been excellent and the product lives up to expectations. My clients love it as do my staff as it makes the entire process of obtaining client documents safer, and easier.

Pros

the templates make it very easy to use this software

Cons

Can't think of much I dislike. As its so useful, I don't even mind paying for it!

Pat from North Brisbane Home Loans

Clients love it we love it

Pros

One place for uploading all docs. one place to check. One place for clients to go and make notes. Auto COnverting to pDF;s also awesome

Cons

Duplicating intro emails would be good - as in notes - we say similar stuff when sending out we have templates for the actual documents but can not copy/duplicate/drop in a note/intro as yet....

Response from FileInvite

Replied May 2017

Hey Pat, thanks for the awesome review and feedback, we take all comments on board and helps us make fileinvite even better for future releases.

Heather from Buyers Choice

Documentation handling ease

Documentation is easy to obtain from clients and accessibility to this information is at a click away.

Pros

Easy to direct a client to upload their documentation to ensure we receive the documentation in a timely manner.

Cons

The software has no faults that I can see being an issue

Richard from Mortgage Choice

Has made me much more productive

Increased prodctivity. Decreased frustration

Pros

Keeps all the documents I need precisely where I need them and allows me to create my own templates.

Cons

Needs to add the functionality for two people to sign the same document. Would like more options for sending reminders.

Michael from Fairway Independent Mortgage Corp

Stop pulling your hair out!

It's given me the ability to provide secure portals for exchanging both information and conversation. I can reference conversations we've had with accuracy and also review them for my next contact with them. It saves me from having to cruise my email for the last conversation we had or mistakenly delete the email. Overall clients love the security and how things are broken down by date due.

Pros

The ability to present a needs list to my client that is not overwhelmingly long.

Cons

I can't add video links to remarks. I use them to give short explainers of why it's important to give me what I need in the request.

Adam from Emerge Finance

FileInvite is Brilliant Software

Collecting documents is one of the most time consuming parts of our process, and clients are always confused and annoyed at it. FileInvite completely optimises this process and helps walk clients through the process.

Pros

Time savings Clients love it Easy to use Easy to customise Optimises the most time consuming part of our business

Cons

The link to Cashdeck was delayed, but it is part of the software now

Tony from Vital Wealth Group

Great time saver for collecting documents

Pros

simple to use for us and the clients. We can modify requested documents easily and give detailed instructions as required

Cons

We still need to review each document received to check what it is if the client has not labelled files clearly.

Response from FileInvite

Replied May 2017

Thanks for the awesome review Tony! Did you know that you can preview the documents that have been received in the invite > requests tab. Hope that helps!

Great document collection tool - makes the process easy to collect documents.

Ease of use. Streamlines the document collection process. Speeds up the document collection process.

Pros

Easy to implement. Customized branding for mid and higher grade applications. Works with several applications and easy API integration. Nice product for price. Good for single, team or corporate application.

Cons

White Label in highest grade only. Needs ability to set workflows and timed actions. Needs an unlimited Invite option.

Richard from Hayes Financial Services Pty Ltd

Time Saver

Increases the productivity of my business.

Pros

Cons

I would like further integration into my CRM

Enjoying this application.

I like this application and use it on the regular basis as part of conducting business.

Pros

Facilitates collection of different documents very easy. Allows to collect different information, efile it and forward to the clients in an efficient manner. Like the automated reminders.

Cons

Would be very helpful to have some additional features added, like a time stamp, for a example.

James from Mike Pero Mortgages

Fantastic - Simple to use and an easy way to gather documents.

Pros

I like how the files convert to PDF and automatically save to my laptop. Also, the ease at which clients can upload information, from their smartphone or computer.

Cons

Would like files to sync with OneDrive and Box. Also, the speed throughout the site can be on the slow side.

Response from FileInvite

Replied May 2017

Hey James, thanks for the awesome review! We stoked that you're enjoying the ease of use for yourself and your clients.

Brian from Credilife®

There are many uses for this solution

The team behind file invite is very friendly and responsive. It is because of them that I am willing to trust the process and give time for certain improvements, some of which could be arguably specific to my use case.

Pros

There is room for improvement, and based on where the platform is today, I believe it will continue to improve. Simplifies the document collection or tasking of clients. Easy to implement.

Cons

There are aspects of the process that are clunky and need improvement. There are aspects of the process from the client's perspective that should also be simplified. But it is working well enough currently to give some time for certain updates to come down the pike before we find an alternative solution.

Emily from Paragon Mortgage Services Inc.

Very easy and efficient

I love fileinvite it has made collection of documents easier and more efficient.

Pros

It allows such ease to collecting documents. Also transferring documents to other programs is made easy. It has made my job a lot easier and helps me be very thorough.

Cons

I wish it isolated what you received from a client from what you still needed.

Brad from Hawaii va loans

Very helpful for our users

Pros

Secure docs and conversion to pdf This has been a helpful tool that has cut down on time and made it streamlined to review docs. Integration with google drive is also convenient

Cons

Access for the individual user is managed by administrators and I'd like to see the individual having more access

Sarah from Lets Talk! Mortgages & Insurance

I love Fileinvite - finally my world is easier and clients know what to do!

Pros

Its so easy with templates - and I do tailor each clients needs as well. I know when they are working on my requests and we have easy conversations between us to get to an end result - that being I have the documents I need from them - what a win/win

Cons

I do love this software - would like it to be a bit cheaper however the professionalism it shows to my clients is worth it - I have even put other advisers onto FileInvite. There's enough work for all of us!

Michael from CFSB

Excellent platform, easy to use. Does what it's supposed to with zero extra nonsense.

no more emailing documents, easy to accept/reject & explain what's needed all in one place

Pros

Easy to use, simple clean interface, practically zero learning curve. Clients like it and understand it.

Cons

Not much. Need to remember to turn off the automated email reminders to the client sometimes. Early on I had an issue adding new contacts but I figured it out.

Response from FileInvite

Replied June 2017

Hey Michael, thanks for the awesome review! We're stoked that you and your customers are enjoying using the fileinvite software platform and that it's adding great value to your business.

Gary from Commrural Lending Services

We have been using this site for about a month. It is very good. Fileinvite does all the follow up

Makes our job easier by chasing up documents on our behalf. Looks more professional, clients are impressed.

Pros

Its ease of operation, easy to use. Clients like it. Once you load your requests, FileInvite follows up the client by email or sms. You get regular updates as to the progress. Clients are happy knowing that their information is being uploaded in a secure environment.

Cons

As yet a broker app is not available and the site is not mobile friendly. I understand they are working on it.

Hamish from Mortgagesonline.Co.nz

Great for reminding clients of what's missing

Pros

keeping track of when clients look at the list

Cons

Nothing really overall delivers what it says it will

Adam from Capital CDC

FileInvite Rocks

Excellent. This has made the process of gathering information so much easier and our customers seem to enjoy the functionality and security of FileInvite.

Pros

I've been using FileInvite for over a month and it has definitely helped to streamline file collection from customers. I really enjoy being notified when a customer has reviewed the request and uploaded documents.

Cons

There were some minor issues with some of the "Live Form" fields but those issues have been resolved.

Lynne from Mortgage Choice

Easy and safe to use for everyone.

Ease of use. Safe to upload documents. We can customise or just send already customerised templates to customers.

Pros

Easy to use. Safe for customers to upload their information. Easy to explain to customers exactly what we want from them. Messages can be sent back and forth if their are any questions.

Cons

Haven't found anything I dislike. Its easy to use. It's safe to use. Customers have embraced it completely.

Response from FileInvite

Replied May 2017

Hi Lynne, thanks for the awesome review! We're glad that you and your customers enjoy using the platform!

Great way to share documents and save time organizing files

Clinton from Axton Finance

Does as its says - document collection on autopilot!

Saves us a lot of time!!!

Pros

Its intuitive and simple to use for both our business and clients. The setup was very easy and our team adopted it very quickly without mush fuss.

Cons

Response from FileInvite

Replied May 2017

Hey Clinton, thanks for the awesome review! Yes we have a full rebuild of the framework in the current development road map which will greatly speed up the platform processing times.

Jerald from Napiers Financial Services

I like this site

The auto follow up are the main thing. Together with SMS integration it makes for a great combo! :)

Pros

I love the extra follow ups that it does automatically. It has made my follow ups with clients very easy to do.

Cons

The signature feature is kinda broken. The signature never appears on the right spot and the box can't be resized. People just type in their signature as well and there's no way to disable this :( Please see RightSig for a good reference point.

Dana from Temple University

Great tool, great support

Customer service is fast and friendly.

Pros

This platform makes it easy to collect and collate documents. Individuals I am collecting items from find it easy to use and report that it makes a complicated course reporting process more straightforward.

Cons

Nothing. I found it easy to integrate with other platforms. Whenever I've encountered a challenge, FileInvite customer support has responded to my message within hours.

Scott from Cube Central / Cube Home Loans

File Invite Review

Pros

We spend a lot of time gathering required information for clients and their home loan application. We have now templated our requests to suit each lender and we can see if the client has opened it, uploaded info and of course returned it - very simple and easy to use

Molly from Credilife

Great, but excited to see what else is coming

I think overall it is a good and I look forward to seeing what other things they will introduce.

Pros

It is pretty easy to use, not a lot of time to train. I like that it is secure and that our customers have their own link.

Cons

I dislike that I have the unclick each item I do not want to send the client in templates. So, any action items I have to unclick and then verify that I want to delete for each item.

Mark from Silverleaf

Awesome Software

Simplify the contact with clients and all files are kept out of my inbox where they can be missed, and so keeps things organised and clients have an easy set of instructions on what to do.

Pros

Keeps files out of my inbox and easily managed via file invite, auto reminders for my clinets, can customise what list of items are asked for, and links to various other software like Box, Dropbox or Google Drive,

Stephanie from HarQuin Bookkeeping

Professionalism and Simplicity

It has been a game changer for us! It's exactly what we spent months looking for.

Pros

FileInvite allows us to give our clients a great first impression while cutting done on turnaround time.

Cons

It could possibly use some more search features for those of us who use the same templates over and over. I'm excited to see expansion of add ons in the US as some are not yet available here.

Monika from Self-employed

Super nice software to collect documents

Pros

Easy templates Client portal Client e-mails ''nudges''

Cons

Not possible to print client written notes Some files are not converted to PDF

Easy solution for file transfer

Pros

I am working with tens or even hundreds of files on daily basis, transferring back and forth. FileInvite makes it all easier and painless.

Cons

I haven't found any cons so far, it's a brilliant solution for file transfers.

Response from FileInvite

Replied October 2018

Thanks for the review. It's great to see we can be a solid part of your workflow for collection and transferring files for translation.

Zaber from BFS PARTNERS

Fileinvite

Pros

Easy to use, an effecient and effective system of collecting documents.

Cons

Expensive, not many options to customise.

Lisa from Beacon

Stress-Free Tracking

Pros

The fact that you can receive larger documents all at once, as opposed to having to break them up by sending via email.

Cons

No down sides that I found. It all worked for what I needed.

Kate Rae from St Luke's Episcopal Church

Set it and forget it -- and still get what you need

Hours of my time and focus back.

Pros

I love the "set it and forget it" model. Projects that used to take hours of follow-up to get all the necessary components are now done with a minimum expense of my time: maybe 3 minutes to set up, and another few to download everything once it's returned. The software takes care of sending reminders to my collaborators, and I get to maintain better relationships.

Cons

The menu has a lot of options that are symbol-based, so it can be hard to know where to go for what you need. Pretty quick learning curve (especially if you're using it regularly), but frustrating only in that it feels more difficult than it needs to be.

Ann from Michael MacDonald Financial

FileInvite

If we had a younger audience and computer savvy clients this would have worked wonders for us but unfortunately that is not currently the case.

Pros

The program was on a trial basis. We are a small office and wanted to see if our clients would be responsive as they are an older generation. The software is easy to use.

Cons

The software is good but again due to the age of most of our clients it was difficult to work with the clients to educate them on how to use the program.