Browse BEE Pro Reviews

Alex from Propel

Best email design product I've used to date.

It allows the most basic of member of my team to create emails with ease.

Pros

I love how easy it is to create and export emails.

Cons

Wish they had a direct integration with Marketo but exporting and copying into Marketo isn't difficult.

Reasons for Switching to BEE Pro

Marketo email design is terrible and needed to find something better.

Response from MailUp Group

Replied December 2020

Hey Alex, thanks so much for the kind words! As for Marketo, we do get a lot of requests, so it might be something to look more into in 2021. Please reach out if you have specific suggestions or requirements on that front. Thanks again!

Ryan from Paysafe Group

Best Designer Focused Email Design Tool

I love it. After using a handful of email design tools professionally, and testing over 30 template builders, I can say that this template builder is the best all-around option for a small team with different levels of technical/design saavy. Probably ideal for users with a small amount of web/graphic design.

Pros

My favorite aspect of the software is it's flexibility in design. The ability to make granular changes to rows, content boxes, etc is a breath of fresh air.

Cons

I've found that it can be a bit buggy at time. It's never been a very big deal, but removing some of the consistent bugs would make the experience feel a bit smoother. For example, the rendering of font sometimes has issues. For non-standard font, sometimes the difference between bold and normal is almost impossible to detect. This isnt the case on all templates, so I'm not sure if this is user error, or just a minor bug.

Reasons for Choosing BEE Pro

BEE Pro provided greater flexibility in customization. The free templates were also a great perk.

Reasons for Switching to BEE Pro

I wasnt happy with the limitations of MailChimp's template builder. The inablity to control row characteristics and the font management limited our design goals.

Response from MailUp Group

Replied December 2020

Thanks for the detailed feedback, Ryan. Really appreciated. If you have more details about the bugs that you have run into, please reach out. For example, we'd love to take a closer look at some of the issues you've had with fonts. Thanks again!

Owen from Mortgage Connection

Great ststem and easy to use

great service and I use it every day

Pros

I like that it is easy to create great looking emails and I can push them directly to Gmail.

Cons

It would be nice if the system used Gmail font size and fonts so that everything stayed consistent.

Glenn from International Rice Research Institute

Industry: Research

Bee Pro is my go-to emailer creator

In my opinion, the best emailer creator out there, so easy to use that creating 2-3 weekly emailers doesn't devolve into a time-sucking chore.

Pros

Creating an emailer is amazingly easy, fun, and quick. I just build up my content and "arrange" them to look nice and logical. Lots of options for layout, with no coding needed.

Cons

I am hoping they build up the Pages feature so my emailers can link to web pages that are design-consistent with my emailers. They have it now, but need to have my own webhosting, which kinda defeats the purpose of a one-stop shop.

Reasons for Switching to BEE Pro

Mailchimp has less layout features and sometimes need coding. Bee Pro allows me to be more creative in my emailer layouts

Jason from BLUEDOG

A great product with only minor flaws

It's been great. I don't think any of our products do the thing they are intended to do quite as well as BEE Pro. There's still room for improvement, but the complains we have are few and far between. None are a deal-breaker.

Pros

It is easy to use and ensures that your emails will display as intended across email services and clients. We build 100% of our email templates in Bee Pro.

Cons

The visual builder and settings can be a little wonky at times. Depending on the plan you have, it may be difficult to find the right templates with limited organizational options.

Reasons for Choosing BEE Pro

It wasn't really an either/or decision. We still use Mailchimp, but we don't use their email builder.

Response from MailUp Group

Replied December 2020

Hi Jason, great to hear that using BEE Pro as an add-on to Mailchimp has worked well so far. With regard to improving template organization / management, if you have more feedback, certainly share it with us. Thanks again!

Candace from Artifex42

Easiest & most efficient program I have used

I use this for real estate listing email drafts updated twice a week. My client is bombarded with daily emails & this helps him get back to his clients efficiently with photos & general information. I have tried other programs but they were not as user friendly. I absolutely love BeePro.

Pros

It's easy to use. Not crowded with a bunch of unnecessary options & ads, however it's very user friendly with many useful options and templates.

Cons

Sometimes the placement of items doesn't work the way I want in the rows, but not a major problem & more than likely a user error not a software issue.

Ease of use

Reasons for Switching to BEE Pro

I had to consolidate my clients emails, programs & subscriptions. I did not personally find either of these efficient.

Ian from Build create studios

Industry: Online Media

Easy, efficient, and robust. My favorite place to build emails

BEE Pro was a no brainer for us. It let us implement email in platform agnostic way with an editor that was on par or better than the native email builders (MailChimp, CC, SharpSpring, etc) we were using. The collaboration tools made working with my design team efficient and faster than before. Most importantly the emails work in garbage email clients like Outlook without spending hours troubleshooting, which is a huge time saver.

Pros

Being able to save brand colors and fonts is invaluable when I’m hopping between clients. Little things like that make all the difference when selecting an email design platform.

Cons

When I first started using Bee the editor felt about one generation behind others like Mailchimp, however with the recent updates Bee meets and surpasses MC with its editors flexibility and ease of use.

Reasons for Switching to BEE Pro

Better editor, more flexible, saving brand colors and fonts

Response from MailUp

Replied April 2021

Thanks for the kind words, Ian. Great to hear that the brand-level settings have been helpful: that's an area that we definitely want to keep improving, so if there are other ways that we can make it more efficient for you to switch between clients and save time, please let us know. Thanks again for your feedback!

Chris from The New School

Great Product! Easy to use.

A great product that keeps getting better. I look forward to a few more features in the new pages section

Pros

We love the drag and drop nature of Bee Pro. It is super intuitive even for the most non-technical of users.

Cons

There are some new features that still feel a bit raw, but still show great promise. I wish the user management was a bit for featured in the teams tier. Being able to assign users to projects not just brands would be super useful

Reasons for Choosing BEE Pro

The fact that it works with any mail system and that it does integrate with Gmail

Response from MailUp

Replied April 2021

Thanks so much for the positive feedback, Chris. You are absolutely right that the new "Pages" area could be improved: we will continue to release new functionality and a better user experience throughout the year. You'll see some nice changes in that section already in May. If you have specific requests about building & hosting landing pages in BEE Pro, please reach out and let us know. We want to hear them. Thanks again!!

Sarah from FreeBalance

Amazing product I’ve been using for years!

AMAZING! The detail and thoroughness of my work has been highly revered at work as well as my personal portfolio projects.

Pros

It’s front-end based, plus true constant updates to functions makes this software easier to use each time.

Cons

Only the background image is full width. I wish that an update could include for in-line image blocks to do the same.

Reasons for Choosing BEE Pro

Amazing product and great price!

Reasons for Switching to BEE Pro

This software was more flexible and customizable and easy to use.

Response from MailUp Group

Replied December 2020

Hi Sarah, thanks so much for the kind words and for having been a customer for many years. In your review you indicated that the support you received wasn't stellar. If you have feedback for us there, please let us know. Thanks again!

Leanna from Zero To Three

So easy!

Pros

I love BEEPros ease of use. It’s easy to learn and train on. There are a lot of design elements to choose from, too.

Cons

Maybe it needs something to help with designing for dark modes?

Reasons for Switching to BEE Pro

We just needed something easier for our team to use. They aren’t coders or even designers.

Response from MailUp Group

Replied December 2020

Thanks for the positive feedback around ease of use, Leanna! And "yes", we're going to invest into additional tools that can help with dark mode. Thanks again!

Sergey from Netunia

Handy template editor with flexible options for creating beautiful emails

My overall impression of BeePro is that it's a useful and really powerful tool for working with all types of email templates and a handy editor that greatly speeds up template creation and reduces the number of possible errors when creating templates. I often coordinate the created templates with my clients, and BeePro helps me make changes to the templates quickly, according to the client's needs. The ability to preview templates and reuse custom blocks created has greatly improved my work with templates and accelerated their creation. BeePro lacks some speed and sometimes you may encounter Javascript errors in the editor, but they are promptly fixed by support.

Pros

The main advantages of BeePro, in my opinion: 1. It's easy to manage different types of templates for different types of clients. 2. Functional template editor with different content blocks, which are easy enough to adapt to customer requirements. 2.1 The editor is so flexible and visual that even a not entirely experienced user can work with it. I work mostly alone, but sometimes I pass the control of my account to a less experienced colleague, and he easily figured out the editor. 3. It is possible to save and reuse created custom blocks when creating other new templates. 3.1 You can look separately in the "Library" section of all my saved custom blocks and change any of them if necessary. 4. Flexible management of rows and sections - you can increase or decrease them directly in the editor, the function is relatively new, but it is very helpful in the work. 5. Quick preview of the template. You can see how the template will look on different devices - for me this is very critical. 6. Ability to send a test email of the created template without leaving the editor. 7. Very useful function of a quick view of the template structure

Cons

There are some things in BeePro that annoy me a bit: 1. The interface sometimes lags or freezes, especially when you work with a template for a long time. 1.1. The service needs to improve its speed. Currently the speed is average, possibly due to the effects of transition between pages and fairly heavy Javascript functions. 2. Sometimes, along with new features that appear in the editor, errors occur that reflect on previous features. I have had this happen 2 times. True support service quickly corrected the errors. 3. I noticed that autosave template in Firefox is not always correct, so I often manually save any changes just in case. I would also like that autosave mode could be configured independently.

Response from MailUp

Replied April 2021

Hey Sergey, thank you so much for taking the time to write a detailed review, highlighting both things that work well for you, and areas where we could do better. Rest assured that we have already passed your feedback to the product team, who will review it closely (and may follow up for more details, if you have time). Thanks again!!

Chad from Gage Academy of Art

Bee Pro is a game-changer.

AMAZING. Very easy, intuitive, and a total game-changer.

Pros

I use Bee multiple times every day Monday through Friday to make marketing emails for the art school that I work for as digital manager and it has become an invaluable tool for us, at this point. Bee integrates with Mailchimp seamlessly and the level of control and the number of options that Bee opened up for us after using just the Mailchimp email builder for years has changed the way we think about making emails entirely. It has really handy options and layouts that Mailchimp is missing. It is also priced very low, in my opinion, for the quality that you get. GREAT control over the mobile version of the emails that you are building. I cannot comment on customer service because I've never had to reach out to them for help. I've never had anything not work as it should.

Cons

There are ONLY two cons that I can think of for Bee and these may be something that a higher plan includes, I don't know. 1: Not an immense amount of font choices. (Still a decent selection but I would like to have more to play around with.) 2: Occasionally, an email I build in Bee will display differently in Mailchimp after it is exported. Very subtle, non-catastrophic differences like the text will be slightly wider and a word will drop to the next line when I don't intend for it. This is easily fixed by adjusting it in the Bee template though.

Raul from Dignity Plc

The easiest drag and drop software

Our Marketing Automation Software, Acoustic Campaign, is a bit antiquated when it comes to email design. You can either design an email using a 1990s style WYSIWYG or use a beta drag and drop builder. However, using BEE Pro has ensured I can design emails as good as any agency while saving on agency prices! After our Marketing Automation Software, BEE Pro is my next go-to tool for doing my job.

Pros

✔ Drag and drop functionality, meaning anyone with any level of skill can design an email. ✔ The software allows for a fully mobile-responsive design, without the need for coding. ✔ The ability to export in different formats, including PDF (which makes proofing and sign off processes a breeze) but also zipped HTML (for loading into any marketing automation software). ✔ Easy to plug into Google fonts.

Cons

❌Pasting in a text can sometimes be annoying due to loss for formats, etc. But other than that, which isn't even close to a deal-breaker, is fine.

Response from MailUp Group

Replied December 2020

Hi Raul, thanks for the detailed feedback on how BEE Pro fits with your work. That was really interesting and helpful for us. On the text formatting side, we just shipped a feature that addresses the "keep links active" part, and we'll continue to improve things in the future. We'd love to learn more about how you are using BEE Pro with Acoustic, and whether there are things that we could do to make life easier there. Thanks again!

Cheryl from Missouri University of Science and Technology

Finally, a well done html email editor!

Since we started working with BEE Pro, we have experienced continual updates, quick response to requests for enhanced tools and many being implemented quickly. We are very pleased with this system and just today upgraded to an agency license so we can expand our professional email reach.

Pros

BEE Pro has streamlined our entire mass email production, making it possible to offer professional emails for multiple divisions on campus. This system has also provided a means to strengthen our branding by providing customized templates for high level leadership offices, department fundraising initiatives and important online events. We are very pleased with the interface and ease of use.

Cons

It would be amazing if BEE Pro were able to also provide a top-level mass email system!

Reasons for Choosing BEE Pro

BEE Pro provided the most professional interface and it was the easiest to use.

Response from MailUp Group

Replied December 2020

Hi Cheryl, thanks so much for sharing with us that BEE Pro has had a positive impact on the email creation process. No plans to become an email sending platform for now, but we will continue to improve the export features. So if you have any requests or feedback on that side, definitely let us know. Thanks again!

Xavier from Real Estates

Great Job ! really

Great experience, I've contacted the support only once and the answer was clear and simple and I had no other reason to complain, great editor

Pros

Easy to use, constent improvement. It allows me to make really nice Emails with drag and drop and it's almost perfect on every web client (only Outlook is not always working)

Cons

Honnestly, I don't see a think to say here, it's way cheaper than other editor such as Dartagnan but have only a few less features

Better rendering

Price

Response from MailUp Group

Replied December 2020

Hey Xavier, great to hear that you like BEE Pro, and that you've also had a good experience with our support team. They'll love to hear that!

Miguel from ES&E Publications

Industry: Publishing

Speed up your email production!

BEE Pro gives us the ability to provide a streamlined email marketing offering to our clients as well as for our own digital marketing which continues to grow. This efficiency has produced growth in our offering and revenue.

Pros

BEE Pro’s efficiency from visual editor to export is its most impactful feature, reducing production time, allowing us to even offer tight deployment deadline campaigns. It is very easy to use and our ESP is able to work with/render the exported files.

Cons

Its lack of indicator whether a (new) feature, such as show/hide on desktop/mobile, would work on a specific email app/client. This limits a true visual representation of your design. A Gmail cut-off preview would also be nice, and a subscription option for select email app/client previews, if not all.

Reasons for Switching to BEE Pro

Cost, easier to use visual editor to make custom designs, and responsive display result.

Response from MailUp Group

Replied December 2020

Hi Miguel! Great to hear that BEE Pro has helped you save time in email production. That's absolutely one of our goals, and we'll keep investing in that area. And thanks for submitting a list of improvements!

Easy to use, even for beginners

It really helped us creating our email templates quickly and easily. We tried the results in many different mail clients and they are always picture perfect. We use it for every kind of communication: newsletters (internal and external), DEMs, various communications (e.g. invitations to events, feedback after events, etc.).

Pros

BEE Pro doesn't require programming skills, knowledge of html coding or similar. It is based on drag'n drop and is easily learnable by someone with little or no skills (I taught it to one colleague who had absolutely no experience in managing or authoring content on the web/for the web). I like the variety of templates and of layout/grid options. Configuring every block is easy and has become even easier along the way, because the company added more and features to make the tool more flexible and customizable, while keeping it simple.

Cons

There should be ways to choose a template and bulk change some configurations (e.g. font sizes/styles, template palette) instead of having to work on every single block. There should be more options for editing text, with regard to line spacing and letter spacing.

Response from MailUp Group

Replied December 2020

Thanks for the positive feedback and for the suggestions on how to improve the product in terms of bulk changes & more control on text editing. We'll definitely pass those to the product team, but please reach out if you have more specific feedback on those areas. Thanks again!

Jessica from The Spirited Type

Mailchimp's Design Features Weren't Cuttin' It

Beepro has been great. I've been using it to design emails for about 3-4 years now.

Pros

I love the design features of Beepro - I love how it acts like the world's easiest webpage builder. For example, I moved from Mailchimp to Beepro because of the expanded features - even something simple like editing rows and having 3-columns rows (both of which mailchimp, at least at the time, couldnt do!). I love how you can export as html and upload your email design to other email sending providers (I still use mailchimp as my crm / to send eblasts).

Cons

I really dont have any negatives to speak of!

Better design features

Response from MailUp

Replied April 2021

Thanks for sharing this, Jessica. Very happy to hear that the design flexibility that BEE provides has been helpful as an add-on to Mailchimp. Also, great to hear that you are enjoying the new page-building features!

Jocelyn from Seize the Design

Has always been helpful-now it’s even better!

Excellent. We put out 3 emails + a day in addition to the other print & online content we create. This really makes me so much more efficient. Lifesaver (ahem. Sanity saver) for sure!

Pros

Super easy to use, with easily accessible history, packaging of images & code, and downloading proofs. So much better than writing the code myself! A timesaver.

Cons

The adaptability of code for MSO use is always a huge PIA no matter which program you use. But I feel that with Beepro there are issues around this in particular and I have to manually go in and check/adjust spacing etc.

Response from MailUp Group

Replied December 2020

Hi Jocelyn, thanks for the kind words. We're always super happy when we hear words like "sanity saver"!! And thanks for pointing out compatibility with Microsoft Outlook as an area for improvement. It's a tricky one, as you indicated, but it is indeed something that we are constantly trying to get better at. Thanks again!

Josh from AerialSphere

Amazing Software

Have had a really positive experience - it has saved us time and headache in creating great emails without worrying about them not displaying in 3rd party systems. The only time I needed to reach out to support, they immediately helped us, and solved the issue.

Pros

Two things: first, the ease of use - the software provides the ability to design some really amazing custom emails. Secondly, the code is always clean and never interferes with 3rd party email management systems. We have used it on a number of email sending systems and the designs we create in BEE Pro are always pixel perfect.

Cons

I wouldn't necessarily call this a con, but it would be great to have some additional builder elements and customization options, but it really hasn't impacted or limited what we have designed to date.

Reasons for Choosing BEE Pro

It was more of deciding to incur an extra expense for a WYSIWYG email editor/builder on top of what we had available to us with our email management system. Most (mailchimp, etc.) have their own builders, but BEE Pro's is so much more powerful and easy to use that the expense wasn't an issue as it made our job much easier.

Response from MailUp

Replied April 2021

Hey Josh, thanks so much for the positive feedback. Yes, we are totally committed to saving time and headaches. You will see more and more features come out this year in that direction. Like turning an email into a landing page with a click, or vice versa. If there are areas where you feel we're not true to that promise, please let us know. We want to hear about it. Thanks again!

Tanis from Dot Wizards

Easy to Use, Easy to Port

I found BeePro after using Stripo and MailStyler2, and being frustrated with MailChimp, Constant Contact and Hubspots internal tools. I did an assesment, and BeePro beat Stripo because the interface was easier, and it beat MailStyler2 because it is an online tool. I didn't want to download software.

Pros

We use this software because we provide branded emails to companies that use different email platforms. The email design / editing software across platforms are different, and not always very good. By using BeePro we standardize our design / production on a development platform that is very good. Upon approval of the design / content, porting is very easy.

Cons

I like everything about this software. However, it would be great if platform specific templates could be made, for example for MailChimp. It would save steps to be able to create a design, like monthly online sale, and then be able to export as a template to MailChimp

Reasons for Switching to BEE Pro

Response from MailUp Group

Replied December 2020

Hi Tanis, thanks for sharing your experience. Great to hear that BEE Pro has helped you standardize things. We'd love to hear more about improving the integration with Mailchimp & other sending platforms. Thanks again!

Scott from DailyPay

You are so close

Overall great. Again, with some small updates, you guys would own this space.

Pros

Ease of coding is great. Right now our TchStack is HubSpot, Instapage, Email on Acid etc. If you guys could warp a "good version" of the others, you would kill it.

Cons

Small stuff like if I chose 3 cols. I cannot put a divider in between 2 & 3 pf 2 PX. Small stuff but drives me NUTS.

Reasons for Choosing BEE Pro

Ease of use and fair price. If I was on your marketing team I could triple your revenue. People do not realize the benefit.

Response from MailUp Group

Replied December 2020

Thanks for your support, Scott. We agree that there is big potential here :-) And thanks for sharing the fact that there are things that still drive you nuts. Apart from the one you already shared, if you have more, please reach out: that is exactly the feedback that we want to hear. Thanks again!

Brad from Prosper

Smart design only focused service

Great!

Pros

It does one thing very well, helps you design beautiful emails. The additional UTM codes and dynamic tags to help prepopulate the email list management service we use is crucial!

Cons

Managing a parent template (header and footer) from a single file that updates everything at once would be awesome.

Reasons for Choosing BEE Pro

It separates the list admin from the design function.

Response from MailUp Group

Replied December 2020

Hi Brad, thanks for the positive feedback, and for your suggestion on improving the process of updating multiple emails at once. That is something that is indeed on our radar, so stay tuned for improvements on that front.

Scott from Spacewalk Design

Vetted many similar products and this was the one.

BeePro helps me be more productive, working faster and better. Really happy with my choice to go with BeePro over other products.

Pros

Great interface, easy to use. I am able to use it to create emails how I want them, with features I didn't find in other editors. I am able to work more quickly with the Bee editor. I import my emails into Constant Contact, because their editor was too limiting and too slow.

Cons

Would like easy access to the code so I could customize right there in the editor if needed, such as changing the default vertical-align:top to bottom.

Reasons for Choosing BEE Pro

Easy you to use interface with the features I wanted. Other products seemed clunky and limited.

Response from MailUp Group

Replied December 2020

Hey Scott, thanks for sharing your thoughts on using BEE Pro with Constant Contact. Great to hear that overall the experience has been a good one, and thanks for the feedback on vertical alignment. We don't have plans to provide access to the code (we're sticking to a no-code editing environment in BEE Pro), but providing more control on vertical alignment is something that we will likely look into as it's been asked already many times. Thanks again!

Natalia from Who's Mailing What!

The tool that makes email marketing easy

My general impression of BEE is positive as it cuts my designing time and helps me stay creative. It has its small issues (like the one with autosave), but it's the most convenient and affordable tool that I used so far

Pros

The tool is easy to use due to the user-friendly interface. I love the ability to organize and keep my email designs in separate projects (as I create a lot of different campaigns and BEE helps me keep it clean). Moreover, they have looots of templates where I get my inspiration (and sometimes save some elements from the templates to use in my designs - it saves my time as I don't try to imitate but use the ready-made element). All you have to do is to enter the words like "newsletter" or "welcome" and you get numerous options to choose from.

Cons

I really need the round corner functionality (to make the corners of the blocks smoother, I need to go to Figma, create a top and the bottom with the round corners, and then insert it as images - but it works badly for devices with dark modes (if the user uses dark mode - he/she gets email where the block changes the color accordingly but the top and the bottom images with round corners don't and it looks pretty bad). One more thing that sometimes annoys me is the Autosave functionality (I always save any changes I make, but when I get back to the edited email, it offers me to restore autosaved version (which may be the older version), so you really need to be careful with that as autosaved is not always the freshest version so you may lose the changes you've made and saved (!). I haven't found the function where I can see the editing history, and in case of trouble with autosave, that'd be good just to open the history and roll back to the version you need.

Michelle from Pensions & Investments

Game Changer

BeePro has been a complete game-changer for me. It is so easy to build and edit emails with BeePro. Hands down my favorite program.

Pros

Bee Pro is the easiest software to learn. Within minutes you are creating beautiful responsive emails.

Cons

Every issue that I've had with the software has been addressed in updates.

Reasons for Switching to BEE Pro

I don't know code so it was incredibly difficult to create anything that went off the template.

Response from MailUp

Replied April 2021

Thanks for the kind words, Michelle! Very happy to hear not only that BEE Pro met your needs, but also that the frequent updates gradually addressed the issues that you were having with it. If there are things that still give you a headache, do not hesitate to let us know. Thanks again!

Sara from Simplay3

Overall worth it

Overall really happy with this product and use it for every email I send.

Pros

More customizable than MailChimp and easier to build templates. Recent updates have made column customizations even easier.

Cons

Nothing to complain about in particular, but the more customization options they come out with, the better.

Reasons for Choosing BEE Pro

Easier to make small customizations to templates.

Response from MailUp Group

Replied December 2020

Thank you very much for the kind words, Sara. And happy to hear that you liked the recent improvements to column management!

Katy from Jacksonville University

An easy to use, affordable, high quality option for email marketers

I am responsible for sending out numerous emails in a week and with BeePro I am able to create very eye-catching emails in little to no time. With the extra time now, I am able to focus more on planning ahead for future campaigns. We have also seen a gradual increase in our unique open rate % from the previous quarter.

Pros

There are so many aspects of this software that I enjoy, but I would say the most helpful aspect is how easy it is for me to quickly create an on-brand email template. Prior to using this software, I had very little knowledge of source code, and I felt very limited when it came to creating visually appealing emails. Now, after using BeePro I can quickly create my own email templates without having to worry about the code. I design it the way I want it to look and it creates all of the source code for me.

Cons

I have yet to discover any aspects of this software that I do not like, but I think it would be helpful to have a brand kit. This kit could include certain elements like fonts, colors, and logos that would be easily accessible, or would automatically pull in with a new template design.

Response from MailUp

Replied April 2021

Katy, thanks so much for the positive feedback, and for the suggestion about how to improve the Brand Style Settings so that they are leveraged even more when working with templates. We'll definitely pass this to the product team. Thanks again!

Tom from BAT

Very happy, would love to see an integration with Marketing Cloud.

Pros

Ease to build emails, love the drag and drop feature (compared to Content Builder in Marketing Cloud)

Cons

Integrating dynamic content blocks with Marketing Cloud/overall integration with MC is non-existant.

Reasons for Switching to BEE Pro

Because sometimes I need to add in dynamic content blocks, which doesn't seem possible with BeePro.

Response from MailUp

Replied April 2021

Great to hear you like the ease of use, Tom. We would love to learn more about using dynamic blocks in BEE Pro. Please reach out to us when you have a few minutes so that we can gather more information. Thanks again!

Eric from Rhino Fleet Tracking

The easiest email editor compatible with everything

Pros

I love the simplicity and ease of use with BeePro. They eliminate the time it takes to learn the software by making it intuitive and user-friendly. The .zip and .html files are accurate and transfer to other email softwares quickly. Would recommend BeePro for any single user or team.

Cons

I have no current complaints about this product. I've used it for a year and love it. Maybe they can eventually turn into a software that deploys campaigns as well.

Response from MailUp Group

Replied December 2020

Thanks for the kind words, Eric! No immediate plans to allow you to send an email campaign directly from BEE Pro, but we will continue to invest in making the integration with sending systems as seamless as possible. Thanks again!

Mariam from Real Estate Institute

Easy to use!

Pros

BeePro is easy to use! I create my responsive emails and copy/paste the HTML. Works great with the email integration platform I use.

Cons

I'd like to see the editing toolbar upgraded. Add checkmarks to the bullet point section. I would like to be able grab the editing toolbar and move it around. There are times where it hovering over the area I want to edit and I can't move it.

Response from MailUp Group

Replied December 2020

Hey Mariam, thanks so much for sharing your experience with us, and for the useful feedback on the text editing toolbar. Much appreciated!

Milton from Dosh

The little email editor that could

Pros

The amount of features and the ease of use for non-technical users is what sold me on the platform.

Cons

The code is still a bit too large and I've hit the 102kb limit on Gmail and have had some messages cut off because of it.

Response from MailUp

Replied April 2021

Hey Milton, thanks for the positive feedback on the design features, and for pointing out the Gmail clipping issue. You are absolutely right that the overall size of the HTML can be too large at times, and we are very hard at work on that. In early tests, the results are very, very encouraging (substantial reduction in the HTML output, sometimes even 50% lighter). We're testing heavily due to the critical nature of that update, but hope to release it in the early part of the summer. Thanks again for your feedback on this!

Daniel from Hippie Llama

Amazing Drag and Drop Builder

This software is amazing, you can create great emails in minutes (maybe a little more time at the beginning). You have a great library of templates to start with and they are amazing.

Pros

It is really easy to use, has the standard+ features you need to create a great email. I have been using this software for the past 2 years to create emails and it is a great solution. It is always improving, I have seen some many changes in the past years.

Cons

As a front end developer there are some things that can’t be done in the editor, but you can always export and modify the code afterwards.

Response from MailUp Group

Replied December 2020

Thanks for the positive feedback, Daniel. Great to hear you liked the improvements we shipped this year!

Alex from Evergreen Park School District 124

BEE Pro is great for school communications

BEE Pro has allowed our school district to create fully branded communication that meets the needs of our community.

Pros

My favorite thing about this product is the ability to include specific hyperlinks to our messages. We use it to send text messages to our families with links to our emails.

Cons

The only con is that it is not yet fully integrated with SchoolMessenger. Would be nice if I did not have to design it on one site and then transfers the HTML.

More customization, hyperlinks

Rebecca from Ascension St. Vincent's Foundation

Perfect solution for our email design needs

Designing emails on our existing platform was difficult, cumbersome, and required PhD level knowledge of HTML. BEE Pro has saved me countless hours and my organization thousands of dollars. BEE Pro is simple to use, allows us to build beautiful and responsive emails and the ability to get my teams feedback quickly and easily has been such an amazing experience. I recommend this service to everyone I can!

Pros

- Easy to use and understand email designer - Collaboration with my team is simple and straightforward - Beautiful templates for inspiration - The emails work every time.

Cons

The only con is that I didn't find it sooner!

Reasons for Choosing BEE Pro

We use Blackbaud's Luminate Online email platform for our online fundraising. The email designer in Luminate is HORRIBLE and requires in-depth knowledge of HTML to build a simple, responsive message. BEE Pro has allowed us to build beautiful, responsive emails that I can copy the HTML and paste it into Luminate and they work every time. We get to leverage the power of the Luminate database and deliver beautiful messages to our donors. I could not have been more pleased when I found BEE Pro.

Genevieve from AltaFoodcraft

My Favorite Tool

BeePro has made my job so much easier. I was worried that I would be overwhelmed by tasks that include editing HTML and CSS coding.

Pros

I do not know how to write HTML or CSS. With BeePro, I have been able to piece together how to edit our system's email template - raising our email quality drastically. It is my go-to for all emails' designs!

Cons

It's not their fault...but I cannot get the background images to load on outlook at all. If that could be fixed, then BeePro would be perfect

Response from MailUp Group

Replied December 2020

Hi Genevieve, great to hear that BEE Pro's no-code approach has helped you! And you can rest assured that we will continue to invest in better & better Outlook compatibility.

Daniel from Smart Grid Observer

Industry: Renewables & Environment

SGO review of Bee Pro

wonderful

Pros

Ease of use. feature flexibility. design tool (drag / drop) makes it super easy to creat emails quickly!

Cons

Have you thought about offering a website design tool as well? Could be just like the email design tool, except for website layout and content. When you hit "save" and "export HTML" you can have a file that then can be uploaded to our server as a finished web page -- without all the hassle of HTML coding. I would definitely go for something like that!

Reasons for Switching to BEE Pro

other product didn't work well

Response from MailUp Group

Replied December 2020

Hey Daniel, thanks for the positive feedback. With regard to website design, BEE Pro is indeed becoming a landing page editor too. You can sign up for the BETA program right now (https://mailupgroup.typeform.com/to/Xo6tj6tB), and we'll go out of BETA in 2021. It'll be great to have your thoughts on that once you've kicked the tires. Check it out!

Stiainin from Haymarket Media Group

Saves time and sanity

This has allowed us to make our emails responsive, and to make them quicker and cleaner, without constantly having to scour for where we allowed a bug to creep in.

Pros

It's incredibly easy to use and the collaboration feature is great. Love that you've just made columns able to be adjusted in size

Cons

I work in medical publishing and have to use references and tables consistently. I still need to manually code these as where the former is concerned, bullets can't have customised sizes, and where the latter is concerned, tables just can't be done

Response from MailUp Group

Replied December 2020

Hi Stiainin, great to hear that BEE Pro has helped you with making emails responsive and that you like the recent improvement to column management. And thank you for your feedback on handling tables: that's an area that so far we have not addressed because tables often don't do well on mobile (either stacking cells or becoming too small to read), but it's certainly something that could be looked more into. So if you have more feedback on that, please do not hesitate to reach out. Thanks again!

Elizabeth from Bluecoats

Industry: Performing Arts

Thanks BEE Pro!

Pros

I was able to set up a free non-profit account for the non-profit I work for. This has helped us create mobile-responsible beautiful emails much quicker and more easily. I’m grateful for the dramatic improvement to our workflow.

Cons

Having to navigate out of the email editor in order to change the preview text and export is sometimes frustrating. I wish it was a next step from building.

Reasons for Choosing BEE Pro

We still use Pardot to send emails, but we use BEE Pro to build the emails. BEE Pro is much easier to use and allows me to create beautiful emails quickly.

Chukwuemeka from Wakanow

Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

An amazing template builder

Pros

its one of the most simplest software in the market. love the adaptive feel of our newsletters on mobile. dev support is really good.

Cons

Not being able to integrate it to my current email marketing application

Less coding, more design

Steve from Studio80

Great for designers with little coding knowledge

I'm cutting the cost of paying a developer to code the email.

Pros

I love having full control of designing a HTML email and then building it with ease in BeePro knowing that it will look and perform how I want it to. Usually I rely on a developer to undertake the coding process but now I can deliver the job from start to finish.

Cons

None! I've only benefited greatly from using this software.

Neil from AppCrazee

I had no idea there was an app like BeePro and I love it

The ability to export the code of your email, without coding ONE line is amazing. Even more amazing, BeePro lets you export to Sendgrid, Gmail, Mailchimp, and others. This is a time saver and a game-changer.

Pros

The uses for this app is what makes it amazing and why I recommend it frequently. The ability to design a beautiful email quickly and easily is why I love BeePro. So many email apps have undesirable editors to create the content. BeePro has a beautiful and easy-to-understand interface. I highly recommend this app.

Cons

The naming of the individual email and the projects area is a bit confusing to me. But that does not keep me from using the app and designing emails.

Mike from Vitu

Great — but some improvement needed

It's actually great. It's really streamlined our email creation and approval process. There are still some things that drive us nuts as a team, but we continue pushing on.

Pros

Ability to create emails that are compatible across many email clients without knowing/learning a lot of technical skills (mainly HTML and CSS). Final results are usually exactly what we want/expected.

Cons

The fact that you can't "update" images uploaded to the library causes a lot of consternation. (This was a feature request we placed almost immediately after starting using BEE Pro) Some "bugs" with formatting aren't revealed until you export the HTML code (and fix it there). The Collaboration tools are silly. We tried it out, but it's "odd" — you have to go to a completely different area to review the comments (from what we were able to discern). You need the comments to appear right in the editor — not "over there" in the collaboration tool.

Reasons for Choosing BEE Pro

Price and ease of use with the editor. Our previous workflow involved a Dreamweaver template — so, some HTML/CSS skills were necessary. Now, with BEE Pro, it's all much more easier and nearly WYSIWYG.

Matthew from KUBRA

Best I have used

Fantastic. I do not see my moving away from Bee any time soon as I haven't see anything comparable.

Pros

Simply put, it does exactly what you need with a great interface and feature set. It makes the complexity of proper email design simple and efficient. Constantly improving and getting even better!

Cons

My only gripe would be the test email feature that requires me to manually enter my email every time.

Response from MailUp

Replied April 2021

Thanks for positive feedback, Matthew! With regard to the Send a Test feature, it should indeed remember the last email you used for testing. Could you please open a support request, so that we can look more into the specific OS/browser combination that you are using? Thank you!!

Erik from Catalyte.io

Everything we need

We do a lot of work in the email space and needed something that allowed us to quickly craft and send HTML emails and allow for responsive/mobile customization. This checked every box for us plus some. Each new iteration that comes out continues to improve upon what Bee can do. All in all, this has been a very good experience for us.

Pros

Bee is super easy to use and has saved us countless hours of work. The ability to craft both a desktop and responsive/mobile version of our emails is crucial. And it just keeps getting better and better. Super impressed.

Cons

I honestly have nothing to share here. ‍♂️

Response from MailUp

Replied April 2021

Hey Erik, great to hear that recent product improvements were well received! You will continue to see improved functionality come out this year, both for emails and for landing pages. If there's any area where we're not helping you get the job done, don't hesitate to let us know!

Suzanna from esbconnect

Easy to use email builder

Able to quickly design and build email creatives - saves a lot of time.

Pros

Even if you don't have experience with HTML you can build email. Lots of templates but simply to build from scratch.

Cons

Good selection of fonts but could have more fonts built-in.

Reasons for Choosing BEE Pro

Recommended to us by our current designer.

Response from MailUp Group

Replied December 2020

Hey Suzanna, great to hear that you're having a good experience with BEE Pro, and for your feedback on built-in fonts!

Brianna from Maze Creative

Incredibly Useful Tool

I love this product! I recommend it to everyone I work with, and I am very pleased with the program overall.

Pros

I love the ease of use and the amount of integrations! I work with multiple clients, and I have the ability to segment our my work by brand and project. I can also integrate with their unique email servers to push out messages. Amazing!

Cons

The customer support is not great. I'd love to have the option for a chat-in or call-in to trouble-shoot when needed.

Response from MailUp Group

Replied December 2020

Thanks for your feedback Brianna! Great to hear that Brands & Projects work well for you. We'll definitely look into additional support options in the future.

Kim from Cengage

Just what we needed for email design

Pros

Very easy to start using and great for sharing templates across multiple email designers.

Cons

Sometimes the drag and drop functionality can switch too quickly or menus will cover up areas of the email you need to edit.

Reasons for Switching to BEE Pro

We didn't need the option to send out our emails as well. We just needed something to help us design the HTML. BeePro does exactly that.

Response from MailUp

Replied April 2021

Thanks for the positive feedback, Kim. With regard to the menu that at times covers up areas of the email (or landing page), you are probably referring to the text editor's toolbar, and is indeed a pain in the neck. Fortunately, help is on the way: there is an update coming out very soon (mid-May) to address that, as part of overall improvements to the text editor. We hope that it will address the issue for you. Never hesitate to contact us if you have more product feedback. Thanks again!!

Kim from OnlineMetals.com

Industry: Mining & Metals

Saves time and spares you from errors

Easy UI and super helpful support team.

Pros

Bee Pro takes the burden off the need to have expert coding skills. I can focus on the message and not the technology, giving be instant flexibility and saving me time in the E2E testing process. I really don't know how I could do my job of creating email campaigns with such high production values and minimum errors without this tool.

Cons

I wish the Saved Rows function could store a few more files and was a little more robust as a tool, at times it fails to display saved rows. Also, the dark mode tools need more development- we've tried some files that should display in the inverse in dark for certain row sections the results are not correct.

Lightweight Drag n Drop Editor

Its a very good Email Editor. Value for money. Easy to use, Great output.

Pros

Best thing about BeePro is the simplicity and ease of use. Most of my team is very well versed with the software without any training or prior Drag n Drop Experience. Just delivers what its meant to every-time.

Cons

On some occasions, My changes were not saved due to some bug despite trying to save it. Had to discard changes and do it again. Pricing prohibits more than 3 projects. Serious limitation for users who wish to use the tool for long-term without upgrading.