All Jobber Reviews

Rufus

Company size: 2 - 10 employees

Should have switched sooner!

Excellent company and excellent product

Makes things work so much better for us! There are small issues but we work through them. Nothing is perfect and for the price point this is phenomenally the best on the market.

Pros

Absolutely great system and easily adaptable to service companies. They are constantly adding features and functions and I hate to give only 4 stars on that but there are a few things that we would like to have but it doesn't incorporate. They are ALWAYS open to listening and I have actually had some of my ideas incorporated into the program. If I could give 10 stars on the customer service and value for the money I absolutely would. It is a simple program to use once you play with it for a bit. They are always updating which is awesome always new functionality available!

Cons

I don't like the fact that Visits and Jobs are treated separately with no way to combine them. I wish that you could set this up and for us, just delete the visit altogether because for us a Job is a Visit. They are always 1 to 1 ratio for us. It makes some of the scheduling frustrating because you can schedule a job but not have a visit scheduled. I can completely see how other companies need the ability for multiple visits on 1 job though. Would like to see compulsory custom fields so you don't forget to fill out important data on quotes or invoices. This is a big one, if you don't use the Stripe Jobber Payments then you cannot post a refund to a clients account. You basically have to do a work around and then post a negative invoice. It is very frustrating for a basic accounting function. We often have customers place deposits or pay in advance and they don't use their full deposit for our service. We have to issue a refund and it is a real pain to do.

Rich

Jobber - MY Business OSS

My overall experience with Jobber has been quite positive as it helps me immensely run my business. It is my OSS today. It assigns and tracks all work requests, quotes, jobs and tasks. It also does our invoicing and passes data nicely to Quickbooks for great financial reporting. I just wish I had more robust reporting features with it.

Pros

Having a system that can be quickly and easily implemented and used by small business that incorporates features including integrates that addresses 'quote to cash' work flow was essential. Jobber does the job nicely, quickly, easily and is quite affordable for any small business. It integrates nicely with financial systems such as QuickBooks too.

Cons

Reporting is weak with the version I currently have. There are some standard reports that provide some fair data qualities but to customize reports using custom fields or job fields is quite weak. Exporting any report to Excel does not work well. I dont get the attachment file when attempting.

Reasons for choosing Jobber

Workflow was stronger with Jobber for our business needs to support landscaping, homewatch, pool and storm readiness services on a single converged platform. However, we did keep Quickbooks for financial tracking and reporting.

Reasons for switching to Jobber

QRIDIT did integrate with other systems and processes supporting all of our business products. It was awkward in supporting multiple consumer services. It struggle to offer us a converged business system.

Response from Jobber Software

Hi Rich, thanks so much for your review. We're glad things are going well overall, and have noted your feedback for more advanced reporting. We're always looking at providing better business insights to our customers, so if you have additional info you'd like to share with us don't hesitate to reach out to our Success Team and we can collect that for our Product Team. Cheers!

Replied January 2021

JOBBER HAS IT ALL BUT FALL SHORT ON THE BASICS

The basics of what Jobber is built around is route scheduling and can do so much more. The basics of being able to simply organize routes while out in the field (like other apps offer) has been overlooked

Pros

Jobber is a great idea with excellent customer support. The support for this product is through the roof excellent! The overall programming is huge, you can do a ton of stuff with Jobber.

Cons

The Achilles heel is this; jobber is designed to be used as a route manager for administrators and employees. The idea is that an employee can load up his or her daily tasks and go to work. From an employee’s stand point that is easy enough. Click on the first job for the day and they are off . . . . . First part of the problem we are experiencing with jobber is that if the employee is not within a good service area the photos and service notes for that home will not upload AND WILL NOT be kept in cue until the employee gets into a decent service range. If you have spotty service where your route is this will not work for you. You'll end up going back to paper logs. FOR AN ADMINISTRATOR - jobber really sets up work nicely for the day, week, and month very nicely BUT has some really important short comings that you should be aware of PRIOR to starting this service..... As an administrator you cannot mass assign or unassign routes to and from employees. You cannot memorize the modifications to a daily route but one click. JOBBER needs to be able to allow us to set up routes as a whole NOT just individual’s one at a time to create routes. FOR EXAMPLE: we need to be able to go into a master list of clients, click and drag those clients into a “MONDAY A” route and or a “MONDAY B” route and the same for Tuesday and Wednesday etc. etc. . . . . if we want to make changes to a route as a single entity we should be able to do that as opposed to what we have to do now which is change each individual client to be on a different day one at a time for the next 6 months and or 10 years FOR EXAMPLE, we have three routes per day each route has approximately 20 visits. If an employee calls in sick and we need to reassign 20 visits to another employee we have to do it manually for EACH CLIENT as opposed to just reassigning and entire route to another employee. WHAT WOULD BE MOST HELPFUL AND CURRENTLY NOT AVAILABLE FROM JOBBER, would be to adjust routes on the "map" page and have it ask us if we want to memorize the reorganization of that route for all future visits or just that one day. The way that it is limited requires me to go in and manually change EVERY JOB ONE BY ONE to the route organization. This process takes approximately 1 to 2 entire minutes to complete depending on whether or not the visits are reoccurring for the next 6 months or six years . . . . . 1 to 2 minutes times 20 minutes obviously doesn’t work for any administrator at all.....the only way around this is to make the changes daily or weekly which is labor intensive and your will be paying for this each time your employee has to redo the routes.

Wesley

September 2022

Very intuitive, excellent support

Huge time savings. Excellent reporting to get a snapshot of my business.

Pros

I don't have to train my team on Jobber. It's simple enough that we can go over the basics together and a new hire will run with it from there. It's customizable enough for us and I love the reporting features.

Cons

The built in CC processing is pricey but convenient. New features are somewhat slow to roll out but I guess this is countered by the fact that it all works without bugs. You can tell they take testing seriously.

Reasons for choosing Jobber

Mobile-first design. If you're small and looking to scale you can do a lot from the field without relying on the office to use the desktop version.

Response from Jobber Software

Hey there Wesley! Thank you so much for such a glowing review! Hope you have a great week!

Replied October 2022

Joel

Industry: Utilities

Overall a great program

Ease of use and quickly putting in jobs. Could do a lot better if their software handled client credit on account and texting freestyle and dropped their monthly payment to more reasonable price for small business to use.

Pros

Great look and ease of use. Works on all devices.

Cons

Compared to other programs like this, The cost for options is quite high. They are pushing more to have credit cards processed through them and have done away with paypal payments. There is only texting of canned messages. My biggest issue. Over all though the $130.00 a month for half way decent options is to high. If you pay a full year in advance then that price goes to 99.00 a month. So charging you 30 more paying by the month is another down fall for this software. To pay in advance for small business it penalizes them. Another downfall is how it handles your clients that over pay or pay in advance by applying credit to their account. I does not handle this very well at all!

Reasons for switching to Jobber

Managemart has to many bugs. Once they get them cleaned up I will go back as it is a great program before the bugs. My main program I use is Lawn Pro because it has the best options but I can not find a program that has everything I want and need so I have to use 2 programs.

Response from Jobber Software

Hi Joel, thank you for your review and this feedback. We'd like to make sure you're getting the most value of your plan so it's more than worth your monthly investment. Please reach out to our Success Team via phone (1-888-721-1115), chat, or email (support@getjobber.com), and we'll do our best to make sure you're getting the most value out of Jobber. We'd also like to collect some additional feedback around what could be more helpful for your business, and do our best to potentially offer some alternative workflows that work best for you and your team. Thank you again for your feedback!

Replied September 2020

Marcus

Industry: Environmental Services

Good Software.....Greedy Management

Pros

I love how easy it was to set everything up and get started with this software. The calendar is great as well as many other features.

Cons

I HATE that I cannot charge our clients the credit card processing fee automatically. It is very time consuming to have to tell every single person to call or email the office if they want the 3% convenience fee added to their invoice and update their payment settings. This was supposed to make collecting money easy - not so time consuming and such a headache. I also HATE that management is so greedy that they would only allow pictures on line items in the most expensive plan offered. I was unaware that Jobber had a "bug" at the time I started using this and months later, half way through a quote, I suddenly discover I am no longer allowed to add pictures to line items without upgrading to the most expensive plan for an extra $100 a month. We only have 5 users and will never be interested in the additional features with the grow plan. It feels very wrong that Jobber would only give this option for $200 a month when numerous other softwares offer pictures for under $100 a month.

Reasons for choosing Jobber

I am reconsidering my choice because I am so disgusted that the very basic feature of adding pictures to line items has been removed.

Reasons for switching to Jobber

The scheduling with Thryv is a nightmare. They send notifications to clients every single time you do anything and is very obnoxious. The "advertising" is a complete joke and waste of money. It does not bring in business and they think they can charge a ton of money for it. Also, they were very crooked with the billing and try to continue charging for services well after they've been cancelled.

Response from Jobber Software

Hi Marcus, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. It's wonderful that you're finding Jobber easy to use in running your day-to-day operations, and that you're enjoying the scheduling features. We are always eager to learn about how we can improve, and we are very sorry to hear about your negative experience. Our team would love the opportunity to directly discuss your product feedback, and better understand how these features would positively impact your business. Our support team is available from 8am-5pm MT, M-F at your convenience by phone (1-888-721-1115) or email (support@getjobber.com). We would be happy to address your concerns about your subscription and feature changes.

Replied October 2021

July 2022

A CRM built for the needs of home services!

Overall Jobber is very good. The customer support is friendly and knowledgeable but obviously lack any real input from customers to the devs. For the most part, they have wrapped up almost everything, but there are a few rough edges that need to be addressed. That said, I have not found a better CRM for home services.

Pros

Quotes are easy Collect a deposit Keep cards on file Ease of Scheduling Good mobile app

Cons

Unable to give partial returns through Jobber Payments Need more environmental variables Better API More triggers in Zapier Native texting is lacking in so many ways. Maybe instead of trying to reinvent the wheel, you could partner with a texting/phone/review product like Emitrr.

Reasons for choosing Jobber

Jobber is better suited to sales that don't go through a sales funnel, the scheduling is a breeze, and the customer's experience is seemless.

Response from Jobber Software

Hi Michael, thanks for your review! If there is anything we can do to improve your experience feel free to get in touch with our success team at 1-888-721-1115 Option 2, support@getjobber.com, or by live chat.

Replied July 2022

Troy

June 2022

Jobber fits most needs for service/field type scheduling work

Great experience and would recommend it for most companies who utilize field/service type staff that requires trips to properties. Very easy to use for office staff and mostly easy to use for field staff.

Pros

- Easy to deploy - Syncs with Quickbooks - Many views to view work with filtering options - Ability to limit worker's capabilities - Ability to allow customers to request work - Ability to send quotes/invoices (though we used QB for this) - Scheduling was a breeze

Cons

- Phone app was not as intuitive as I liked from a UX/UI standpoint, but we overcame that hurdle - Recurring jobs can be difficult to delete and when you have many it can cause more harm than good. It is built more for one-off jobs currently in my opinion.

Reasons for choosing Jobber

The features fit our needs better and the UX/UI seemed to be better.

Response from Jobber Software

Hi Troy! Thank you very much for taking the time to send us a review. We are very happy to hear that Jobber is meeting your business needs. We would also love to hear more about how we could improve Jobber's UX/UI, so please feel free to reach out to our Support team at 1-888-721-1115 opt 2, support@getjobber.com or via our live chat.

Replied June 2022

Great Software Every Business Needs

Pros

They have a great mobile app as well as a great interface online. Lots of powerful features that any service related business needs. Affordable, easy to view jobs and what status they are in which is always a huge plus when it comes to keeping track of things.

Cons

Needs a more sophisticated live online booking platform. With where the modern world is going, customers don’t want to wait to hear back or call, online booking is the new generation. The service requests is cool and all. But a easy online booking of an actual appointment at a customer selected time is essential.

Reasons for choosing Jobber

I ended up actually choosing Housecall Pro in the end due to the online booking

Response from Jobber Software

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review! Glad to hear that our app and many of our features are working for you. And thank you for your feedback and perspective on online bookingwe're definitely sharing that back with our team.

Replied June 2019

Carita

June 2022

Love this Software

Love the software. Best decision we've made.

Pros

Works great at scheduling, quoting, generating new leads, invoicing, and payment. What I love most is the integration partnerships that Jobber has to make home service businesses more efficient and profitable. Awesome and helpful customer service.

Cons

I wasnt told that in order to use the Instant Payout feature that you had to have 10,000 in processed Jobber Payments. That was a hassle when we first signed up because we were just ahead of peak season. We quickly made that mark in a month so that issue was solved.

Reasons for switching to Jobber

Ability to add optional line items to upsell. Ability to integrate Wisetack with Jobber's quoting system Better merchant fees (Their preferred merchant vendor was outrageously expensive)

Response from Jobber Software

Hi Carita, we're so glad to hear that you are enjoying using Jobber and finding extra value in our partnerships, and working with the support team! Thanks for trusting us with your business and we hope you have a great weekend!

Replied June 2022

Jim

Jobber is a great job scheduling, quote & invoicing platform. I would recommend it to anybody.

I already answered that question

Pros

The website is easy to navigate. Employees can easily see their jobs in mobile app. Entering client & job info is a breeze even for new employees. Live chat is available and the issues I have had have been easily solved via live chat. Quotes are easy to find in the system and can easily be converted into jobs with minimal or no extra data entry. Invoicing is easy and seamlessly integrates with quickbooks. Once I turn on Jobber payments, customers will have a very easy way to pay their bill that is just as simple as PayPal (our current payment platform). I can tag clients into any kind of group I can think of. The biggest way we will use tagging is for delinquent Invoice customers (we are blessed not to have many). Any employee who tries to enter a new job for a client in this category will see a tag reminding us to get paid for past work before agreeing to a new job. There are ways to track past due invoices but not all employees can see that info. Automatic emails and sms templates in Jobber can be easily customized for our business needs. Automatic customer reminder emails and sms is awesome way for customers to remember appointments. Customers via email link in their quote can request quote changes. Customers via email link in their quote can accept a quote and sign-off on it which makes converting a quote into a job very easy. Notification of an approved quote is emailed to me and the dashboard in the program notifies me.

Cons

Can't do line item discounting on quotes...customers like to see normal price next to discount price....also certain items on a quote need a discount without discounting the entire quote....currently a discount can only be shown after the subtotal and the discount will apply to the entire quote, discounting labor before discounting a taxable item. Can't send generic quotes easily...sometimes we want to put several options on a single quote but the program tallies all the dollar amounts together and puts an outrageous total at the bottom...we have lost business due to a customer looking at the "total amount" of a quote and freaking out because they don't realize the quote tallied all the options together. Can't make job forms mandatory for employees to complete before closing out a job thus making it harder to hold employee responsible when certain details are missed in a process. Products and services reports can be skewed on the dollar amounts because again sometimes discounts are applied on an invoice but Jobber only allows for a discount on the subtotal (rather than line item)...this makes it hard to get an accurate dollar amount when doing reporting on specific items we sell. As far as I can see, Jobber reports will not take into account discounts given during a specific period of time. The automatic quote follow up feature can only be viewed on main website. There is currently no way to make it visible to an assigned employee on the mobile app.

Brad

It's a Love/Hate relationship with Jobber

When I first started using Jobber over 5 years ago I was a raving fan. I told everyone I met that needed a CRM to use Jobber. Now it's mostly just disappointment. Jobber could take over the entire service industry if they had new leadership. If you are buying a CRM and never used one before, Jobber will seem like a gift from God. If you compare it to other CRM's, it's behind others in features.

Pros

Very clean and easy to use. The mobile app is top notch. Customer service is very friendly and helpful if you have a problem. Calendar is easy to use. It has quickbooks integration which is nice. Payment processing is easy and convenient for customers. Client portal is excellent.

Cons

This company likes to do things 90% of the way and the last 10% are always the features you need. I begged them for years to add zapier integration. They finally do (90%) but then they only offer a few triggers. The ones they don't offer are the ones you need (10%). Lead/sales funnel is non-existent. You'll have to use another software to track leads in a funnel. Time tracking for jobs (90%) doesn't add up total hours per employee (10%). I have to manually add up each employee's hours. This software has zero job costing reports. That completely blows my mind. Every single competitor has job costing. It is the most important thing to track in a service business. Here is the crazy thing, they had this feature in beta and then came out and said we aren't going to continue with it. They have forms and checklist for employees, but no way to report them back with ease. No way to require employees to use them on the job. The leadership of this company is scared to death of competition. They won't tell you anything that's on the books. No way to vote on features, know if any will ever become reality. The default response is. We'll let our development team know. Very limited mindset.

Response from Jobber Software

Hi Brad, we're sorry you feel this way about Jobber but we sincerely appreciate the feedback. With many different businesses in our community with different workflows and preferences, we do our best to provide solutions to the largest number of businesses we can, but know that unfortunately we can't always have features that every business wants. That being said, with no plans of slowing down soon, we're still working hard tp improve and grow as we certainly want to provide your business and others with more valuable features which we hope you will find increasingly valuable. Thanks again, Brad!

Replied September 2020

The Best Customer Service and Great Software

Putting tablets in the field with time tracking saved us at a lot per month in labor by holding workers accountable. Administrative time/hassle was greatly decreased. Probably save 3-5 hours a week over old software (Zenmaid). Peace of mind. It is very very nice to feel like I have a team (Jobber's support) to help us if we have any issues. It's like a free insurance policy.

Pros

I bought a cleaning company summer 2017 that does about 500 homes per month, and needed to switch from the clunky and often failing cloud-based software we used before. I talked to several companies like Jobber, but was blown away by Jobber's level of customer service. They explained things and helped me for as long as I needed them to, to feel comfortable with switching to them. We are about four months into active use now and my expectations have not been unmet in any regard. The continued support is amazing -- any time myself or my office people have questions we hop on the chat and are quickly responded to. The best part is that Jobber continually gets better -- they are continually seeking ways to add more value to their product. User-wise, this product is great. It is so fast to navigate (no lagging between pages or searching for something). We have six crews in the field with tablets, and are able to see when and where they check in and out of each job. We can pull up a map view and see all the homes that are done so far in the day. We can easily add a crew to a home if we want to send additional help, and their tablet is automatically updated with that information. If you decide to use Jobber, be sure to know what you are doing when you enter all the customer information. Pay attention to the different areas of custom fields "Client", "Property", "Job" etc. and how they populate and do not populate to other areas. We lost some time there.

Cons

Currently would like to see: -Automatic emails for followup able to be sent without having to close a job -- just by marking it as complete. It would be ideal if you could set the frequency of this contact -- such as every time, once per month, once per quarter, etc. I don't have many cons off the top of my head. In my opinion it is a phenomenal value for what you get.

Response from Jobber Software

Thanks for your detailed review! We're so glad to have you on the team too. We'll be sure to share your suggestions with the team :) As always, just let us know if you need anything!

Replied September 2018

Sheridan

If only I could give this software more than 5 stars!

My experience with Jobber has been amazing. Our company has grown at around 20% each year, and Jobber's systems has given us the capacity to expand without loosing quality of service. We are frequently asked how we can manage our business successfully with only one office employee. We point them to Jobber. This isn't just the office manager's favorite software. The crew leaders, managers and owners all frequently remark on how much they love Jobber's functionality.

Pros

There are so many things I love about Jobber that it is hard to name just one. Jobber LISTENS to their customers. I have seen time and time again my suggestions become a reality. I love the client hub - where customers can sign and pay quotes and invoices online. This is an invaluable feature this day & age.

Cons

Most of my con's come with the sad reality that our company uses Jobber in a way that is a bit beyond its intended scope (remodeling & construction), in addition to our field services (Handyman, Lawn Mowing etc) - Invoicing: lack of flexbility in the way invoices can be displayed to customers. Templates are only minimally helpful at this time. Also, if the line item descriptions are too long (longer than one printed page for example), it will but cut off when printing. There is no way for it to continue to the next printed page. - Sales: Jobber is built on scheduling. But as a company, sales process is equally important. While Jobber shows some level of 'process' in leads, it is definitely not there yet. HOWEVER - they have promised that this is something they are working towards. - customized billing: To be clear, I LOVE Jobber's billing system. The only hiccup is their lack of ability to customer delivery methods per client.

Response from Jobber Software

You made our day, Sheridan! We've noted your feedback on lead tracking, billing, templates, and delivery methods. Thank you for sharing your thoughts and for taking the time to leave us a review. We're so glad to have the Handy Home Guys crew on the team, and are so proud to help your business expand. Congrats on all your growth!

Replied April 2019