All ServiceTitan Reviews

April 2022

Service Titan

Angelia

Office Manager

I don't have a lot of negative things to say about Service Titan, our company as a whole has seen improvements at all levels. We are very happy that we made the jump to Service Titan and look forward to the additional releases.

Pros

We are a growing Plumbing & HVAC company and we were looking for solutions to be more in line with today's digital world. We love the call booking and dispatch notifications to customers. It allows customer's to know exactly when to expect their technician. Our CSR and Dispatch love the incoming call information for existing customer's that pre-populates for them, it allows us to give a personal touch when answering the phone and gives the customer a great experience. Our Service Manager loves the Dashboard and reporting, it allows him to see exactly where the technician's are at throughout the month and allows him to provide coaching when needed to help his teams reach goals. We recently starting using the timesheets within Service Titan as well - this has allowed us to manage our technician's time with ease and the technician's no longer have to try to remember where they were and at what time. There are so many features and we love the fact that Service Titan listens to their Customers/Users and are always working to improve their existing features and adding more features to make their user experience exceptional.

Cons

Follow-Up Section and Memberships need updating, but Service Titan has listened to their users are in the process of providing updates to these features. Payroll/Timesheets needs to be more versitle and needs customization, but again Service Titan is working on this as well.

Response from ServiceTitan

Angelia, Thanks for your feedback. We couldn't be happier to hear about your success and all of the ways ServiceTitan has helped your business grow. We believe it's essential that the men and women of the trades have a cutting-edge platform built especially to help them run their businesses more effectively and connect better with their customers. Please keep providing your feedback. It helps us continue to evolve and keep pace with the amazing companies we serve.

Replied November 2018

Ashley

The best move we've made!

Overall, the experience has been wonderful, even with some features missing that we feel are necessary for our workflow. Customer support has been outstanding. I think I've bugged our onboarder [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] endlessly, and he has remained extremely patient with me. Emails are answered fairly quickly and zoom appointments are so easy to schedule.

Pros

We love that this is a cloud based software that we can access from anywhere. Clients having the ability to pay online and access their past invoices is a HUGE thing for us. The flat rates have photos and descriptions and are consistently updated, as necessary. Manufacturer catalogs can be imported. The software increases accountability for each employee. Auto-reminders can be texted to clients to avoid missed appointments.

Cons

With ESC, we could scroll down and see multiple days at a time while on the phone with a customer and trying to schedule them. Now we have to click back and forth between days. The system doesn't seem fully set up for running commercial calls. We work with a handful of commercial property managers, some with dozens of tenants and some with hundreds of tenants. Every now and then, the property manager will call us and say that the tenant is responsible for a certain invoice. In ESC, we had the tenants locations listed under the property management company's account, and we could just change the "bill to" on the invoice to the tenant. In ServiceTitan, supposedly we would have to create a whole new account just for the tenant, to be able to send the bill to them. But then that poses the issue of having two different locations for one tenant, to keep up with. If some calls are run under their own account and some are run for the tenants location under the property managers account, technicians won't be able to see the full history of calls and invoices when they go. Office staff will have to switch back and forth between the two accounts to view all the history. This is a huge issue for us that we hope is remedied soon.

Reasons for choosing ServiceTitan

The buy one year, get one year free deal, as well as online reviews that compared ServiceTitan to FieldEdge.

Reasons for switching to ServiceTitan

ESC is not cloud based, did not integrate well with Quickbooks, does not allow clients to pay invoices online, technicians having constant issues with mobile app, etc

Response from ServiceTitan

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience with ServiceTitan, Ashley. We know how valuable improving a businesses' efficiency can beand we're working on even more tools to help supercharge office operations, too! Thank you for continuing to be our industry partner.

Replied May 2021

Hojjat

December 2022

Bunch of untrue statements

Horrible

Pros

Their presentation was completely different from what actually happened, during training other people complained about the same thing. lack of transparency

Cons

complicated, no customer service, rude service

Traver

One of the most powerful CRMs for local service companies

I love ServiceTitan. Their automated texting for booking confirmations, dispatching, and review requesting has lead to better customer communication, happier customers, and more Google reviews for our business, which in turn has led to more customers finding us through Google organically. I can't attribute any direct revenue to review gathering, but I personally believe it was instrumental in Google Organic being the second largest source of revenue last month for new customers.

Pros

ServiceTitan has it all. The capabilities and features within the software far exceeds anything we had on our previous software, FieldAware. Their support team is second to none. They're always available and super helpful. The automation and various features make ServiceTitan so easy to use and keep up with your customer's needs.

Cons

They make you pay extra for a lot of the really helpful stuff. And then when you get access to those extra features they aren't nearly as fleshed out as they'd lead you to believe in sales presentations. Without those features, however, you'll be less efficient. So it's a bit of a Catch-22.

Reasons for choosing ServiceTitan

Housecall Pro is primarily for residential, and our client base is 75% commercial. ServiceTitan, while still designed initially as residential, has made leaps and bounds in the last year to cater to commercial businesses.

Reasons for switching to ServiceTitan

FieldAware just wasn't giving us the features we needed to grow as a company.

Stacy

Best Decision I made in 13 years of Business!

Life Changing - I wish that was describable better but one day I signed up and the next 18 months have changed my business life, which always changes you and your life, bettered my team, allowed me to hire even through COVID and the winters and keep growing and growing. It also gave us EXCELLENT tools to improve our customer experience. That matters!

Pros

Service Titan has exceptional software development, beyond features that I could have even thought of wanting, and they have truly helped us increase our revenue by almost $1M in sales in a year, but the PEOPLE of this company make ALL the difference. I don't know how to fit everything I love about my Titan Family into this box! ST integrates with everything, so if it isn't an already integration it has open API - it will work. But the core product I promise is going to change your business life.

Cons

I think the only con someone could say is that there is so much to the software that it's not going to go from - 100% use overnight. But that's not even a con to me, fully engage with each step and the next will make more sense.

Reasons for choosing ServiceTitan

There were many factors, but I couldn't get past the fact that in a software for the trades that there wasn't a place for job notes and that the solution was to create an item and have our techs add that to each invoice and then write in a description. I figured if that wasn't already WELL developed the rest of what I didn't know wasn't good.

Reasons for switching to ServiceTitan

At first it was pure Faith, I knew people I trusted and looked up to were using Service Titan and although they were more expensive I decided that after about 3 -4 years on my other software improvements weren't being made and the information I needed was so limited I wouldn't be able to really use the data I had to make better decisions. Then after my demo seeing what I didn't know could be, completely sold me.

Response from ServiceTitan

Stacy, It means so much that you took time out of your day to write a review. We're beyond thrilled that ServiceTitan has helped you and your business. Please keep all of the feedback and suggestions coming. And thank you for serving your community on the front lines during these difficult times!

Replied September 2020

Wes

October 2022

Stay Away!

We knew we would be making a large investment to learn the software. We negotiated pricing upfront that was to be in force 'forever' and 'in perpetuity' Now that we have invested years and tens of thousands of dollars of our resources hiring outside consultants to help us we were informed that service titan would be jacking our pricing up 35%, with more to follow. When we brought up the agreed upon pricing and terms they basically said yeah we know but screw you, we got you where we want you now. The best description of their 'onboarding process' would be- You buy a spaceship on amazon, a few days later the spaceship shows up. Inside the spaceship is a note that reads to learn how to fly this spaceship visit our youtube channel. Sounds ridiculous but this is what they do. Save yourself the trouble and STEER CLEAR of this company

Pros

The sales pitch was great. Thats about it

Cons

Software is very glitchy, goes down often, customer support is terrible at best (they just tell you basically to ask other users how to use it) Onboarding was awful, and they lie and are unethical

Haley

Great product - not right for us.

Overall, it is a great program and has a lot of functionality that is beneficial. For our company, it came down to the cost and amenities we were receiving for that cost. Support lacked (when we used the software) and we ran into issues a lot without feeling like we had the support to help us resolve the issues. Between this and cost - it drove us to find another software platform.

Pros

I loved the capabilities ServiceTitan gave us for communicating with customers, the ease of scheduling and dispatching, tracking of maintenance agreements, etc. Overall usage was great. The cost is significant for what you get, in my opinion. They do not typically take smaller companies as they are "not the right fit." We ended up transitioning to another platform that had almost all the same capabilities for a fraction of the cost. With getting basically all the same amenities, it was worth it in a cost aspect.

Cons

Before starting with ServiceTitan, it was as if you couldn't get them to leave you alone, but after starting with them at times it was difficult to even get a hold of someone for anything. Our support member would get changed on us and we wouldn't even know - so we would be trying to contact no one basically. It has been a while since we used this software so I don't know if this has changed, but at the time this was very frustrating.

Reasons for choosing ServiceTitan

At the time, it seemed the best fitting for our company and was recommended to us by another contractor.

Reasons for switching to ServiceTitan

We were looking for something more up to date and offered more capabilities.

Response from ServiceTitan

Thanks so much for taking the time to review us. We love hearing from our customers. Our mission is to provide cutting edge tools for the trades that are both easy to use and dramatically improve your operations. While we might have not been the right software for you at this time, we're happy to hear that you loved ServiceTitan. We hope to better serve you in the future.

Replied March 2020

Erin

It's Ok

I think it is ok so far, lots of new things I am learning but it is ok.

Pros

It's easy to do certain things on there but I feel it's easy to maneuver if you are a dispatcher, being a preventive maintenance coordinator it has it's flaws.

Cons

I don't like the recurring service task because it doesn't have a lot of information. You have to dig deeper in a account to make sure we have the right information.

Reasons for switching to ServiceTitan

The company felt it was time to use something else.

Response from ServiceTitan

Hi Erin, Thank you so much for taking time to review ServiceTitan. We pride ourselves on making our platform easy to learn and intuitive to use, and during those times when it's not, our great support team is always here to assist. Looking forward to continuing to help your business grow.

Replied February 2020

I love Service Titan!

I think they are great people and always looking for ways to improve on their functions!

Pros

I love how easy my follow up tab is and all of the ways that I can sort through customers and jobs.

Cons

The maintenance side of things is super confusing and not easily sorted. It makes my co-worker's job really hard.

Reasons for switching to ServiceTitan

They are super outdated and difficult to use.

Response from ServiceTitan

Hi Jennifer, Thanks so much for taking time to review us and providing us with feedback. We love hearing from our customers! We're thrilled you found ServiceTitan useful and easy to use. Your feedback is essential in helping us improve our service and look forward to continuing to serve you with the best solution available!

Replied February 2020

Geoffrey

The best in the Home Services industry

I appreciate having such a powerful tool in our toolkit. It's nice to have more than a CRM.

Pros

The all in one capacity and potential of the software. The ability to manage everything from one place.

Cons

Customer Service takes a while to solve issues and communicate. The Marketing Pro feature can use some improvement, though it's far above what the competitors offer.

Reasons for choosing ServiceTitan

The best out there for Home Services. It's customized for our industry.

Jay

June 2016

Service Titan Rocks!

Service Titan has enabled us to grow in ways we didn't know were possible. With data tracking, a better selling platform, more efficient call booking, and a very easy to use system, we couldn't be happier. Please understand that in the process of selecting Service Titan we painstakingly researched a multitude of different options. Hands down this is the most versatile and productive option. But the best part...the Service Titan staff. I have never had the opportunity to work with a service provider that was absolutely at the top of their game every time I made contact with them. Until now. From their sales staff on down to tech support everyone has been impeccably perfect in the service they have provided. The way they manage our account is fantastic. They departmentalize every aspect of the Service Titan experience to ensure that you will be dealing with the person that has the answers and can make it happen. Do you want to know how to grow your business? Use the Service Titan business model as your example of perfection. With service like theirs you will gain all the customer you could ever dream of. We should all be this good.

Pros

Data tracking, phone call recording, dispatch efficiency, invoicing, and on and on. This product does so much for us it is hard to point out the "pros". They just keep impressing me every day!

Cons

This product does not do everything that we would like it to do. But in order to do that we would be spending an exuberant amount of money to have our own software developed. Also note that we are not your typical home service provider. We are a plumbing company that provides everything from minor repairs on up to plumbing a multi-million dollar high-rise project. And the things it doesn't do has just forced us to find better ways of doing things. Service Titan also works hard to develop their product based on customer feedback. We have been with Service Titan for a short time now and already two of my suggestions have been made a reality.

Kayla

A Change to the Future

ServiceTitan has changed the game for us. It has set the bar high and the standards even higher. The on-boarding wasn't the easiest, but that was just because some people can not adapt to change very well. The software itself has helped not only increase our sales, but has allowed us to market and advertise even better by the capabilities of tracking. Things that you would not even think to run a report on are already there at your fingertips. Having the technicians able to run their day is an added bonus and an all around morale booster because they feel responsible and they do not feel like they have to be babysat anymore. The change from paper to tablet has been an amazing added bonus because people right now are advanced with the technology, they want to be able to do everything on their phone, and ServiceTitan allows that. Notifications and reminders alone have been great and have allowed almost a 80% increase in customers actually being home and remembering their appointments. This software is absolutely amazing when it comes to memberships! Tracking, reporting, reminding, and even renewing memberships is a complete game changer with this software. All in all, we have come to the conclusion that if you are not on ServiceTitan, you are really missing out.

Pros

The technology, it will completely set you aside from the rest of the industry. Sending out Bio's, pictures, and the capabilities to track who is coming to your home and when straight from your fingertips is the best satisfaction return from our customers.

Cons

Is this even a question? I think our only complaint is little things that at the end of the day comes down to workflow ways and not so much on ServiceTitan.

Maria

ST for All Contractors

ServiceTitan is extremely easy to use. All processes are designed to get things done quickly. And you can use the system from anywhere.

Pros

I love that the engineers of the software are constantly changing it to better the software. Then there is a notification of what has changed and how it will benefit the user moving forward.

Cons

This is a simi-difficult questions. There's not a lot to dislike about the software, changes occur so frequently that most users are able to adapt to the new of the software and forget about what was bad. I personally feel that ST engineers take the feedback left on their community page and work to improve the flaws that users point out.

Outdated system.

Response from ServiceTitan

Maria, Wow! Thanks so much for the awesome review. We're committed to making ServiceTitan the best software solution for contractors. That means talking to our customers, listening to their feedback, and constantly improving. Thank you for your support and for making your voice heard. We're excited to continue partnering with you.

Replied October 2019

Risa

Easy to use, great product

I used ServiceTitan to dispatch technicians, keep projects in order, hold all customer inquiries, and to generally help run the office. It was a great change from the software we were using previously to complete all these tasks.

Pros

This software is so easy to learn and teach. The interface is very user friendly, properly labeled, and easy on the eyes. There isn't a lot of unnecessary buttons or icons that can confuse, which would make learning it that much harder.

Cons

I didn't have many cons when using this software, but if I had to pick one, I would say that changing the sizing of the fonts, boxes, etc. was not as easy as I would hope. It has a large font, which many people prefer, but because I run multiple programs at a time I need small, space saving fonts. Other than that, it was great.

Ease of use

Response from ServiceTitan

Hi Risa, thank you so much for taking the time to review ServiceTitan. We pride ourselves on making our platform easy to learn and intuitive to use. That means talking to our customers, listening to their feedback, and constantly improving. Thank you for your support and for making your voice heard. We look forward to celebrating your continued success together

Replied March 2020