All WorkWave Service Reviews

Christopher

Powerful scheduling and invoicing software.

Pros

I like the flow within the program and the fact that it is web based eliminates a lot of downtime that you might experience from a local network program.

Cons

I would love to see POS functionality in a future update. To use this software in the retail store for cashing out products would be so great!

Reasons for switching to WorkWave Service

The need to update our network was eliminated by the use of Workwave

Response from WorkWave

Hi Christopher - Thank you for the review! We are so glad you are finding success with our software, and we really appreciate the valuable feedback.

Replied January 2020

Lisa

review of WorkWave

Keeps work orders from slipping through the cracks when you are so busy and not enough help.

Pros

I like that it keeps the technicians on task.

Cons

The program could be more user friendly to get it set up.

Reasons for switching to WorkWave Service

QXPRESS was being phased out and not being supported anymore.

Response from WorkWave

Hi Lisa - We are so glad you are finding success with our software. Thank you for the review!

Replied October 2021

Greg

January 2023

Poor customer support in critial issues

Since the triansactions actually processed, the customer's bank account was charged $4,500. It took weeks to be able to credit the customer. We were charged merchant fees for all transactions and after four months sitll have not been reimbursed.

Pros

The software has many features though many are not yet ready for use. The system appears to have been brought to market too soon.

Cons

The softwares features have numerous glitches including:1) Rounding to Quickbooks is inaccurate so the syncing of many transactions fail and must be individually edited within Quickbooks to resolve. Many a day fail so a business of any size has considerable work to perform to properly sync Quickbooks.2) We process merchant payments including ACH through Workwave Team Light. There is presently no way to reconcile amounts that are deposited into my bank with the transaction amounts. Since most ACH deposits are batched I have little idea if it is accrate.3) Customer portal payments often appear to fail from a customer perspective so many customers retry the process resulting in double payments on invoices. From our end both payments are acknowledged but the second payment is identified as a credit. Since the credit is on the same invoice paid the first time the credit hangs in limbo and not able to be applied to a customer balance. Then future invoices ignore the credit resulting in disgruntled customers. We have are not informed when these dupicate transactions occur so only our monthly reconciliation catches them that we then have to tell the customer, often after hearing from them first. I have many communications with the company to reconcile these overpayments. It has been four months since initially occurring without resolve.5) One of the above payments was for $1,500. The customer tried three times to pay. From their perspective they all failed.

Reasons for choosing WorkWave Service

We thought that initial integration would be easier. It was painfull. Though I don't think other systems would be easier.

Reasons for switching to WorkWave Service

We were told the legacy system would no lionger be supported.

Industry: Environmental Services

Easy to use - easy to train.

I have been in the industry for 40 years and used override of different systems. This is undoubtedly the strongest I have used to date. It extremely functional, easy to train on, allows for all of our employees to use a mobile system. If we use this from the first phone call for a new client through every interaction they will ever have moving forward. We have been using it since 2007

Pros

It is an extremely strong CRM system that handles everything from the initial client interaction through billing and payment. It is one of the most important pieces of software in our business.

Cons

A major miss step with their lead system, we had to drop out of this that side of the system because of all the problems they were having with it. We felt like we were beta testers however we were being billed monthly for the pleasure.

Alexe

August 2022

An easy way to keep track of day to day scheduling

It has been good. One thing that is troublesome, although it doesn't happen too often, is when I can't access the program because it is all web based. I basically have no control of whether or not I can access my calendar if they go down.

Pros

I like that I can put in customers and keep track of them on a day to day and week to week basis.

Cons

I don't like how it integrates with Quickbooks, FOR ME. It would probably work great for another type of company OR if someone doesn't have to change pricing mid step like we do sometimes.

Response from WorkWave

Thank you for this review, Alexe! We've taken note of your comments and have passed them along to the internal team. Thank you for choosing WorkWave!

Replied September 2022

Jared

Horrible customer service

Very disappointed with every customer interaction

Pros

It works if you have a team of people to operate

Cons

It’s horribly expensive and they never talk to you unless to charge you

Reasons for choosing WorkWave Service

It came with a small business we purchased. Cannot get out of the contract

Reasons for switching to WorkWave Service

Easy to use and a lot less expensive and they respond quickly and professionally

Response from WorkWave

Hi Jared, We sincerely appreciate your valuable feedback as we look to continually grow and improve our processes. Being able to meet our customers' needs is one of our top priorities and we are sorry that our solution and customer service did not satisfy your expectations. We will be reviewing this issue with our team.

Replied March 2021

Sam

Disappointed in the business practices

Need a CRM for our sales team and was recommended this service by a digital document company. The service itself is not a CRM tool, however not being an expert in the field (made this clear with the sales rep) I was told it could work as an easy CRM. This would be our first CRM tool. They have you sign a contract then wait a week to train you on the software (I'm assuming this way there's a minimum of more than 3 days before you actually get to touch the software to see if it actually fits your needs). After one training course and starting another both myself and the trainer agreed this is not the proper software for our needs. No biggie, sometimes you don't know till you touch something. The problem is billing. They're trying to force me to pay the entirety of the year contract for a software both myself and multiple others in workwaves company agreed is a bad fit for our needs. They still haven't refunded prior payments and haven't officially let us out of the contract. It's been nearly two months and still waiting and they're still charging our card. We don't care that the software wasn't a fit (wish the sales rep would have told us this ahead of time, he tried to make it work but the software just isn't what we need). The problem is that although we all know it's a bad fit they're trying to say essentially, "yeah this won't help your business but we're still gonna charge you cuz we can haha, sucks to be you." I've used this exact verbage with them and they say they

Pros

Seems like there could be a decent use for this product in certain companies, just not for ours after getting to learn it a little bit

Cons

Was sold this product as a CRM which it is not. We have zero use for the product and have made that clear. Although their team is in agreement that their software doesn't fit our needs they are still trying to charge us and force our contract, thus the reason for the review ratings

Reasons for choosing WorkWave Service

Seemed like a smaller company and may have better customer service and more direct points of contact if needed. (I'm not the most computer savvy) Found out that was not the case the hard way.

Response from WorkWave

Hi Sam - Thank you for sharing your feedback with us, and we are sorry to hear that our solution did not meet your CRM needs. I understand our team has been working with you on a solution to this, and we look forward to a positive outcome.

Replied May 2019

Denise

August 2022

Alone

Terrible. Cannot wait to find a new service. They may have recently moved to new management, but these issues are deep and after 6+ months with the system and virtually no support there is little faith that the company can correct course. The system looked promising, but when adapting to our particular business model and without their guidance (we are not a tech company) it is a business time sunk. Time is money and this system costs.

Pros

Linking to accounting software relatively smoothly. Management of jobs and schedules works as expected.

Cons

NO customer support. All of our office team has struggled to get help or answers from anyone at WorkWave. They are no where to be found and when they pop up in email (because phone calls are not happening) they make you reiterate the issue each time. We currently have a situation that there have been over 20 emails and no resolution. We have repeatedly requested phone contact. They have taken money from us in error for a dispute 2 times (yes, one dispute = 1 deduction). Explanations and photo proof have been sent 20 times and they still have not fixed the situation and are still questioning, even after I got the trace id and system id information from our bank. I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND. You can mess things up, but don't mess with peoples money and correct things when they go wrong.

Reasons for choosing WorkWave Service

We thought it would be easy to convert with the same company and we had had good luck with Service CEO.

Reasons for switching to WorkWave Service

Workwave said we had to that they control Service CEO and they would no longer support the system that worked much better.

Response from WorkWave

Hi Denise- thank you for this information and feedback. Your comments have been passed along to your team and you should be contacted shortly. Thank you.

Replied August 2022

Tim

July 2022

Don't sign monthly contracts as you will pay for every month even with no service what so ever

Waste of money and time -- Once again I knew initially that signing a 15 month contract could go sideways with a large corporation. I really regret paying them $2250 plus tax for a service I did not use or couldn't get any support for at all. Total waste of money, time and effort and a total lack of respect to a paying customer.

Pros

What it should have been able to do as far as managing our small service business

Cons

the time zones are not catered to at all. There is a three hour time difference so if you didn't comply to there service times you just don't get service. We feel that they didn't keep up to what we were sold by the sales person. Also after I worked with their salesperson and then signed their long legal form the employee that sold me the program quit his employment and the company gave us another sales rep. The way we do our bids is much different than what their program has available and I addressed that with the sales person which told me there is a work around. -- The work around - is me buying more software in order for our method of providing proposals to work with their software system. We lost a lot of time trying to make this software work --- Bottom line is they are a huge company with lots of employees that could care less as I have my work request and emails docs available to show the lack of response they have following through. Plus because of the current climate where there is no one to hire to expand or grow a small service business we have made the decision to just move on from this taxing experience and asked them if we could not pay the additional months on the contract we signed seeing's how we never used it. They would not release us from their monthly contract which we never used at all. This is the type of company they are. Be mindful of signing into any kind of monthly contract.

Reasons for choosing WorkWave Service

Based on their longevity in the industry and mainly what the sales person told us who after I signed their 15 month long contract quit and was replaced by another employee.

Response from WorkWave

Hi Tim, Our customers' experiences are a top priority for us, so thank you for sharing your feedback with us as it helps us to continuously improve. Your feedback has been passed along to our team. Thank you.

Replied July 2022

Leslie

December 2022

Just want your money

Buyer beware if you ever decide to stop the service. They will ignore you.

Pros

Effective but now too costly to justify the service.

Cons

Cancellation is impossible, they continue to take money without authorization. Had to close my back to stop them.

Elyse

User Friendly Scheduling Database

The fact that the web based program integrates with my tech mobile app is amazing. We can close completed work orders for our revenue report in house and bill accordingly.

Pros

The ease of set up, Work Wave setup team migrated our database for us. They set up multiple sessions for training and was so helpful and professional in teaching us the working of this program. They even set up additional sessions of basic training when we lost the employee that was first trained on the system. H2O Systems is very grateful for the communication and recovery of lost knowledge due to an employee termination and new users inexperience with the program. We are looking forward to using the program to its fullest capabilities because going forward with new employees we have not implemented all of the software's capabilities. The great thing about Work Wave is that it can be used in any level a company can handle. Even with the limited capabilities we have now with our new employees, we have not missed any scheduling or invoicing. Thanks to Work Wave customer support our scheduling is still true to form.

Cons

The fact that we have 6500 customers and wanted to just integrate for this program 850 customers for one of our divisions. We have multiple divisions and multiple employees that have single division responsibilities. When we first came aboard, Work Wave migrated our total Quickbooks list. This created a nightmare for my single division employees. We had to manually enter the specific customers for that single division. It was easier this way than having the task of picking out of the giant list. After we completed this task the program was so much easier to navigate.

Reasons for choosing WorkWave Service

Liked the features better and was more friendly to QuickBooks

Reasons for switching to WorkWave Service

Q-Express is no longer supported, too old a program....

Response from WorkWave

Hi Elyse - Thank you for the review! We are so glad you are finding success with our software, and we really appreciate the valuable feedback.

Replied January 2020

Steve

Excellent Sytem

WorkWave is an excellent product with awesome support. We are a well known cleaning company in the Phoenix area. The transition and migration from our old platform to WorkWave took some work but in the end we are very pleased to be using WorkWave and being part of the WorkWave family of customers.

Pros

We were one of the early adopters of WorkWave once we learned that there were no more updates to ServiceCEO. WorkWave is an excellent software platform to run our business. The product is an online solution that has proven to be very stable. One major benefit of WorkWave is that we can access the system from anywhere. Being an online solution to us means no more entire vacations ruined because our software has crashed locally. Another benefit of WorkWave is that it is very intuitive and easy to use. There is ample support documentation. Also, the WorkWave support staff has always been very knowledgeable and quick to resolve problems and answer questions.

Cons

In the past there has been some confusion regarding new enhanced platforms (Professional and Enterprise). We upgraded to the Professional platform to get additional reporting and communications capabilities. The additional features of the Professional version for us do not increase or automate some of our communications functions as we had hoped.

Response from WorkWave

Hi Steve - Thank you for the review! We are so happy you are having a positive experience with our company and are finding success with our solutions.

Replied June 2019

Dave

15 years of experience.

Frustrating.

Pros

I did the research, and then my wife's cleaning company bought Service CEO in 2005. CEO has since been bought by Workwave. The idea was to streamline scheduling and client contact for her cleaning business. Did a reasonable job at first but soon fell behind on the requirements.

Cons

Very difficult to get necessary tweaks done to the software, but overall reasonable service. Then CEO was bought by Workwave, and they are arrogant and uncooperative. Most recently, my wife was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer and very suddenly had to shut down her business as of September 10th. She's paid her monthly fee for September, but they're insisting that she pay a buyout to cancel her contract. They're a bit like dealing with a bureaucrat laiden government department.

Reasons for choosing WorkWave Service

Moved to workwave from Service CEO when they bought Service CEO.

Response from WorkWave

Hi Dave, We sincerely appreciate your valuable feedback as we look to continually grow and improve our processes. Being able to meet our customers' needs is one of our top priorities and we are sorry that our solution and customer service did not satisfy your expectations.

Replied November 2020

Melinda

Magic Shred, Inc. Denton Texas

Overall a 10. Few glitches but have been solved. As stated earlier, I am currently in a work order that they are trying to fix on appointments already scheduled disappearing.

Pros

I like the fact that it schedules & optimizes my routes. Sometimes I go into the board and reschedule a few of the stops but nothing major. Currently I am on a work order with problems of appointments unscheduling.

Cons

It would be awesome if we could do all in one software. You do offer invoicing and accounting but in order to get payments from our clients, we have to go to a 3rd party billing and my owner is not willing to put that out there. We export to QuickBooks and then invoice which allows for a link that can press and enter their billing information right then.

Response from WorkWave

Hi Melinda - Thank you for the positive review! We are happy you are experiencing success with our solutions, and thank you for the feedback.

Replied June 2019