Browse Deluxe Payroll and HR Reviews

Christopher from Hum Law

Industry: Law Practice

Deluxable

Exceptional experience.

Pros

Phenomenal support. I do not understand why any smaller company pays a bookkeeper to make error when this product is perfect.

Cons

Nothing. The support if incredible and to workflow can be done fro a smart phone!

Reasons for Switching to Deluxe Payroll and HR

The bookkeeper kept calling to confirm a small payroll. We left the bookeeper. No more call no more last minute confusion.

James from Covenant Life Church

Deluxe Payroll

Very pleased.

Pros

Provided all of the compliance reporting necessary, ease of use, and cost.

Cons

Reporting by departments is limited. Would like to see reporting by departments that provide detail of employees' time in those departments.

Cost and ease of use.

Reasons for Switching to Deluxe Payroll and HR

ADP was too complex and expensive for our small business.

Gail from Canary Systems Inc.

Very poor system design and accuracy

The managers and payroll reps I have worked with are all courteous, helpful and pleasant..... which I'm sure has been challenging for them given my level of frustration with the ongoing problems. But I do want to give them very high marks for being professional and helpful.....I know your system inadequacies are not their fault. However, your sales reps also leave something to be desired. I was given incorrect information on a NUMBER of items, that would have made a difference in my selection of Deluxe if I had complete and honest information. I don't think I was intentionally deceived in being given information, but your people promised things that were not possible, or that were misrepresented, most likely out of their lack of knowledge and/or training.

Pros

It is VERY easy to use, and the actual payroll processing function works well.

Cons

You have a very antiquated system in that it cannot accommodate a company with multiple pay cycles and be able to produce accurate governmental reports. After 3 quarters of INCORRECT quarterly reports, it was finally determined that a 2nd database would need to be created for hourly (semi-weekly) payroll cycles, and the original database would be kept for salaried (monthly) payrolls. Although I was assured that the 2 databases would produce combined accurate quarterly reports, this has not been the case and I am very frustrated. If an employee who starts out as hourly is transitioned to salary, they must be deleted from the hourly database and manually entered (wages) in the salaried database. If this isn't done correctly, we end up 2 W-2's, etc, etc, etc. A VERY CUMBERSOME process. Spend some money and get a real payroll system that can function in a real world where companies have multiple pay cycles.

Reasons for Choosing Deluxe Payroll and HR

Price and promises...... While the pricing is fair, the many promises that didn't work (and are continuing to be a problem) are unacceptable for a company the size of Deluxe. Do better :-(

Reasons for Switching to Deluxe Payroll and HR

Because their software/system was even worse than yours is......

Richard from SouthCon Building Group, LLC

Best bang for your buck

Overall it has been great. We were previously with paychex and being a large company they didn't really care about us. It was almost impossible to get them to help us.

Pros

The program is really easy to use and for a very low price.

Cons

It is missing some reports that may be useful.

Reasons for Choosing Deluxe Payroll and HR

Price was a huge factor and the fact that they could handle all of the necessary payroll functions.

Reasons for Switching to Deluxe Payroll and HR

Their customer service was horrible for the amount of money we were paying.

Karin from Br/ight Family Investments Inc. dba Fox Adder Hair Design

Worth every penny!

see above

Pros

i have both W2 and 1099 staff members; i pay commission, tips and have local and state sick pay and taxes. Deluxe has made it fairly seamless for me and pays my ESD and L&I taxes on my behalf. saves me loads of time! i love the direct deposit feature, as do my staff. the reporting tools are perfect and exactly what my accountant needs. Customer support is top notch.

Cons

Wish it was a bit more customizable and that i didn't see all the reporting choices that do no affect me/my business. would also like if more HR info was included in my pricing. otherwise, very few issues or concerns. oh, and since we are West Coast and Deluxe is East Coast, i do sometimes have to pay more attention to the due dates and times that our usually outside of my personal schedule, but not really a problem, just my thing.

Reasons for Choosing Deluxe Payroll and HR

CSR was far more attentive and was able to answer all of my questions; gave a good breakdown of my expenses and quickly found answers for my reporting concerns.

James from Lucky Dog Grille

Good Value

Overall Deluxe has been a great addition to my company. I have had not issues that were not corrected within one day, and generally all I have to do is make a phone call to my support rep and my issue is solved.

Pros

I like the ease of use and it only take minutes to complete my payroll. The customer service has also been top notch.

Cons

Setting up local and school taxes was the worst thing about using this system. I would like it if the system did the checking of local taxes, instead of having to look this up and input it myself.Over

Reasons for Choosing Deluxe Payroll and HR

Ease of use and cost structure.

Reasons for Switching to Deluxe Payroll and HR

They made things too difficult, they did not make me feel as though I was important.

thae from Proviniti

Payroll Services

Excellent

Pros

I appreciate the simplicity of the payroll platform

Cons

There are no features that seem to be misssing.

Reasons for Choosing Deluxe Payroll and HR

The payroll platform was easy to navigate

Reasons for Switching to Deluxe Payroll and HR

Paychex Flex payroll platform was not user friendly

Bettye from Central Insurance Services, Inc

HR service

Only thing I don't like is that when the payroll withholding or employer tax rates increase I am not advised. When I ask the support staff, I do not feel she is interested in speaking to me. If I had received an email, I would not have to call -- just go into the system

Pros

I like to access during my time when it is convenient.

Cons

I don't think it is easy to get the reports when you don't do it often. The tool bar doesn't explain how to get the reports. Also, I receive an email and also a copy of the bill -- don't understand why I receive both

Reasons for Choosing Deluxe Payroll and HR

Referral from a trusted business associate

Reasons for Switching to Deluxe Payroll and HR

I didn't like the lack of communication or the way they controlled the payroll on their schedule.

Derek from Wilson Resources, LLC

Industry: Information Services

My Review

Its been great!

Pros

Its easy and offers everything a Major company offers and a fraction of the price.

Cons

I changed my pay and have commission. Wish their was a commission template to make inputting payroll easier. No commission template but I havent asked so their may be one.... !!!

Reasons for Choosing Deluxe Payroll and HR

Pricing and function of software. They made it wasy!

Reasons for Switching to Deluxe Payroll and HR

They kept messing up my taxes, cost more and customer service was not good. Had a new rep each week.

Mike from Arcade Carpet One

Deluxe Pay Review

This saves us the time of figuring out what needs to be sent for payroll taxes.

Pros

My salary employees have their paychecks completed in about a minute total!

Cons

There aren't many negatives for the software, the only part I am not a fan of would be the warnings I have to approve each week for employees that are paid commission not having hours submitted for their time.

Reasons for Choosing Deluxe Payroll and HR

Deluxe was the only option that I could pick up payroll locally in Towson Maryland without our checks being mailed to us. Deluxe has now moved their offices to Kansas so we are now looking into alternative options.

Victor from Care Living Solutions LLC

Industry: Individual & Family Services

Bang for our buck

It's all stated above already. Once again: Payroll support and HR are fantastic but the tax department is not.

Pros

I enjoy the ease ib adding employees, entering and submitting payroll. I enjoy the fuctionality in creating vouchers to fix past mistakes (ours) . I totally enjoy the delivery speed. Their outsource HR people are great. They created the perfect employee handbook for me and they reply to my questions online within 12 houres.

Cons

It is difficult to change information on employees. Whjile the payroll support team are great and reply to questions within two to four hours, it is not so when the question or request has to be directed from support to the tax people. I have unfinished business with the tax people that is really old. While we are perfectly happpy other than that, the lack of response from the rtax department could be what makes us switch to another service.

Reasons for Choosing Deluxe Payroll and HR

One reason only: They would not take my employees who have an ITIN and not a Social Security number. The ITINS begin with 9. I liked the response to that from the salesman at Deluxe.

Reasons for Switching to Deluxe Payroll and HR

Because I needed less involvement myself and I needed someone reliable that I could turn to with a full payroll service. EZ Paychecks is only a software with an IT department; not a full scale payroll service.

Art from New Life Pharma LLC

Industry: Pharmaceuticals

Easy to use product

Used for 3 plus years

Pros

Easy to input and get reports out........

Cons

Custom reports and interface with other software

Reasons for Choosing Deluxe Payroll and HR

Cost for each payroll period

Debbie from Onsite Physio LLC

Stop paying for overpriced payroll processing!

I love the product. I wish my dedicated rep was more helpful when I need something.

Pros

Deluxe payroll is simple and user friendly. It does everything I need it to do. I love the electronic employee on-boarding process. I spend very little time doing payroll. The timeclock integration with SwipeClock is a real time-saver. Integrations was a breeze. I was able to save my company a lot of money making the switch from one of the other expensive payroll processors without losing functionality.

Cons

There is a clunky process when using PTO time, but after you learn the process, it isn't so bad.

Cost

Patrick from Mayer & Steinberg, Inc.

Deluxe

The customer experience and the customer service with deluxe far exceeds that of other payroll companies. We recommend them to all of our clients who are looking for a more simplistic payroll solution.

Pros

The software is easy to use and navigate. From running reports to processing payroll, Deluxe has everything you need, without having to make calls to get what you want.

Cons

The only negative is the invoicing process that was recently implemented. I preferred to have it all under one report without having to take the extra step of printing the summary and invoice, but even then, it is still a simple process.

Reasons for Switching to Deluxe Payroll and HR

Cost and ease of business

nick from Sunshine Management and Westminster Self Storage

Good Value

Overall it is very good. I believe that the transition from Payce to Deluxe when Deluxe bought Payce had some hiccups that we are still experiencing. At one point, Deluxe's fee was pulled from the wrong bank account, even though it had been working seamlessly prior to the merger. One issue we are still having is that we are receiving emailed invoices for Westminster Self Storage but we are not receiving any invoices at all for Sunshine Management. This is something we have called about numerous times, but no one seems to be able to resolve it. It is not a huge issue, but it is inconvenient and it seems like a very fixable issue, despite that it has not been fixed yet.

Pros

The Deluxe software is fairly easy to use. Our customer service rep [SENSITIVE CONTENT] is outstanding. She is pivotal to our opinion of the software and she is an excellent representative for Deluxe.

Cons

Some of the more complex things that come up are hard to figure out. Luckily [SENSITIVE CONTENT] is always available and happy to help or to teach me what to do.

Reasons for Choosing Deluxe Payroll and HR

Price and customer service of Payce Payroll were differentiators. We feel it is a good value and there is always someone available to help us.

Kayce from HIM Connections, LLC

Payroll

Overall, I've been pleased. We've had to work closely with our Customer Service Rep, [SENSITIVE CONTENT], who has been really great to do everything she can to help us when situations happen and/or questions occur. We've had some issues with getting states set up but in the end, everything has come together.

Pros

Fairly easy to use from the user and admin perspectives.

Cons

Reporting features could use some improvement, the onboarding setup isn't easy to understand and we haven't been able to utilize the features as we had hoped. Forms often don't load (w-9, etc.) for everyone and it's not easy to understand how to set up. We had really hoped to utilize the time system with the payroll system, but after comparing it to QuickBooks Time (formerly Tsheets) there was no way for us to switch because of the lack of reporting features. We use the time for billing and payroll and the reports for exporting the time data didn't give us the info in as much detail as we needed. And, the user interface wasn't as easy to navigate, etc.

Reasons for Choosing Deluxe Payroll and HR

If I recall correctly, it was the time system and ability to enter time quickly, etc.

Reasons for Switching to Deluxe Payroll and HR

We loved Wells Fargo but they closed their payroll service division.

Mary Jo from Advanced Heating & Cooling, LLC

Ease of use, cost efficient

Pros

The software is very easy to use as it is like an excel spreadsheet. Set up can be very customized for all company benefits so that tracking is accurate. I am able to pull necessary reports for year end, for workers comp audit and for 401k census reporting so it is very helpful in all those areas.

Cons

The only thing I can think of is that the certified payroll function is an all or nothing product. We have done perhaps three or four projects over the ten years I have been using the software and the unfortunate thing is that I have to pay for that access each time I process even when it does not pertain.

Reasons for Switching to Deluxe Payroll and HR

Our costs continued to rise with the previous software.

Response from Deluxe Enterprise Operations

Replied September 2021

Hi Mary Jo, thank you for the review. We are happy you are enjoying the platform. Please contact your Deluxe Customer Service representative if you need any additional training or have any questions or concerns. Have a great day! Deluxe Payroll & HR Support

Brenda from Lake Shore Baptist Church

Deluxe satisfaction survey

The time management and stress of not having to do the reporting required myself!

Pros

It's user friendly (once you know it!) and very easy to find reports, etc when needed.

Cons

I honestly can't think of anything at this time... I really love it - so much so that I also use it for another church I work for!

Reasons for Choosing Deluxe Payroll and HR

I have to give my representative, [SENSITIVE CONTENT], my highest praise! She's SO good that when I signed Jessup Baptist Church up with Deluxe, I asked for her to my representative for that church also. She is ALWAYS willing to help out - and, at times, it's been a struggle to get things working right...user error most of the time. But, being connected with two churches has caused some confusion sometimes with the program...nothing serious. [SENSITIVE CONTENT] deserves an outstanding employee award!!!

Pat from Decorative Water Gardens and Landscapes

Deluxe Payroll Review

When I first compared Deluxe with other companies, the selling point was [SENSITIVE CONTENT] . She was very helpful in answering my questions and getting me the best price. She was available almost anytime I needed her. Once I was assigned my "contact" person, communication wasn't as available. I have had a couple situations but, again, [SENSITIVE CONTENT] was able to get it resolved in a quick manner.

Pros

The basic software (adding new employees and biweekly payroll) appeared to be simple and easy to use.

Cons

The software is not user friendly if you need to get reports. The terminology used is difficult to find, especially if you don't use it everyday.

Reasons for Choosing Deluxe Payroll and HR

The main reason for choosing Deluxe Payroll was because of friend of mine presented it to me and the pricing was about the same or less than the other companies.

Reasons for Switching to Deluxe Payroll and HR

I switched because the cost of Paychex was to high for what we were getting.

Payroll Processing Made Easy for Small Businesses

My overall experience has been great! The customer service folks are very responsive. This software meets our needs and is very easy to use.

Pros

If you are a small business and are looking for a simple solution to your payroll processing, Deluxe Payroll and HR is your solution. This software is so easy to use and very inexpensive. There are only 10 employees at my company. I can process my semi-monthly payroll in 5-15 minutes each time. I have a template where I enter the current hours or simply pay the regular salary to salaried employees. Then you review and submit. It's so easy! As soon as you submit your payroll, your reports are available immediately. Deluxe files all the reports for us electronically.

Cons

This software may not be as robust as others when it comes to integration with other software programs. I have never really investigated to find out because my company is so small, and we don't really have the need for such integrations. I do have to upload my 401k transactions to another website manually, but that doesn't take long to do at all. The reports I need to do so are in Deluxe Payroll.

Not Applicable

Faye from Adyir Business Solutions LLC

Very Accommodating

I love [SENSITIVE CONTENT], my payroll rep. She is awesome. [SENSITIVE CONTENT] is always ready and available to assist me with any questions, concerns that I may have.

Pros

User friendly, can be easily accessible from phone.

Cons

The cost to process payroll - direct deposit for one employee is almost $50.00.

Reasons for Choosing Deluxe Payroll and HR

The process was quick and easy.

Vicki from West Nottingham Academy

Deluxe Payroll Review

We only use Payroll, not HR & my experience has been great. If I have question, my CR is always quick to answer & give me guidance.

Pros

Ease of use is paramount. It's super user friendly. Training someone is easy.

Cons

I can't think of any cons, but we have a simple payroll.

Cost & ease of use.

Reasons for Switching to Deluxe Payroll and HR

Paychex seemed to be a little less user friendly at the time & ADP was much more expensive.

Jeanna from Performance Communications II, Inc.

Great Platform

I have not had any problems with Deluxe. All the staff are friendly and the platform is awesome.

Pros

This software is very easy to use. Everything about it is very smooth and understanding.

Cons

I have not found anything yet that I do not like about the software.

Nicole from Daniel J Fay DMD PA

Deluxe has been the best!

Customer service is always extremely helpful.

Pros

The switch from our old company to Deluxe was seamless! The program is very user friendly.

Cons

Nothing at all. It is very easy to navigate.

Reasons for Switching to Deluxe Payroll and HR

They made several mistakes. Customer service was lacking and they were expensive.

Danetta from Deans Shop Inc

Super user friendly

Our pay structure is weird since we pay for performance instead of the same hourly rate.

Pros

It is really easy to use! It is nice to have everything in one company.

Cons

I have no complaints! Super easy to set up and use!

Reasons for Switching to Deluxe Payroll and HR

ADP was difficult to enter our performance pay rates.

Rose from RTP Corp

No sweat payroll!

The ease of use of Deluxe Payroll makes payroll processing not such a dreaded task. Our customer service rep is both responsive and helpful.

Pros

The best feature of this product is the grid set-up for payroll processing. It is an expeditious way to input the hours for all your employees. Its simplicity makes it easy for anyone to use effectively.

Cons

The weakest feature of this product is the reports. There is no single good report to use for year-end workpapers; at least two must be used to obtain all the needed infomation.

(Before my tenure...)

Price

Janna from Ready Training, Inc.

If you are in the market, this is worth consideration

Our account rep is very responsive. We have had some issues with tax payments and rates not being input properly, but in the end, Deluxe has always taken prompt action to correct the situation.

Pros

We have been using this software since before Deluxe purchased it from another vendor. It is easy to use and fairly intuitive. Our payroll situation is not complicated, but we do have employees in several states - which they have been able to accommodate.

Cons

Handling some of the year-end tasks like auto fringe benefit are a bit of a challenge, but our rep walked us through it and everything ended up fine.

Melanie from Skinner Sales Inc

Really easy to use

Pros

This payroll system is the easiest one that I have ever used and I have used all the major ones throughout the years. Price is great also

Cons

Reports could be a little easier to find

Claire from Debate Camp Canada

Deluxe Payroll and HR: An overall positive experience

Our company greatly benefits from the simplicity of Deluxe, as our payroll individual has no prior experience and maintains the ability to navigate the program effectively.

Pros

Deluxe payroll is a straightforward system that allows for a complete understanding of the world of payroll. It allows for efficient onboarding of employees, and requires no unnecessary or inconvenient information. Our company's favourite feature is the easy access to payroll registers. We also feel that we received excellent support from Deluxe employees.

Cons

One aspect we would like to see with the system is a chat feature, which could eliminate lengthy wait times for over the phone support.

Matt from Terahertz Device Corporation

Industry: Semiconductors

My review

Very good deal for the money but more time consuming than it should be at first because of the lack of any instructions or training. But so far I've been able to figure everything out that I need to. Good customer service for when I've gotten stuck but it seems like some really basic design changes could reduce Deluxe's customer service costs quite a bit.

Pros

Easy to use, good deal for the money, good customer support.

Cons

No training. No online manual or contextual help function of any useful sort. I kind of had to figure it out, which wasn't hard for most things. For example, a brief description of what is contained in each of the various reports would be helpful (it took me far to long to find copies of my 941's for example).

Farah from National Golf Course Owners Association

Excellent software, user friendly for admins and staff as well

Using this software saves me an exorbitant amount of time. Employees are urged to use their login to update their withholdings, submit address changes and download or access paystubs. In my past position, this was extremely time consuming and this software has eliminated a lot of the time I would waste addressing these issues for staff.

Pros

Very user friendly, the software is easy to understand and for newly added employees that helps reduce questions and time spent on how to use the site.

Cons

We had been using Deluxe Payroll in January 2021 and I was hired as the new Controller in June 2021, so I was involved with the initial implementation. I can tell you from the standpoint of not having any experience with the Deluxe software, it was extremely easy for me to pick up and learn.

Reasons for Choosing Deluxe Payroll and HR

Again, I'm not certain as I wasn't here during the decision making process.

abdallah from contact point 360

best application

Pros

easy to use and it is easy to pick and choose the service you need not like the others

Cons

some of the integrations is still missing for example if i want to send some one document to sign but i want to send it to bulk group of employees , it is very hard to do it now and iam looking forward for the new release to fix that

Courtney from The Better Angels Society

Very Happy

We value our customer service representative, [SENSITIVE CONTENT], very much. She is always responsive, provides great solutions, and is extremely capable, understands complex issues, and follows up promptly and completely.

Pros

Using the Deluxe portal is easy and contains all the information I need.

Cons

Understanding how to make changes is somewhat unclear, but our excellent client service professional, [SENSITIVE CONTENT], provides advice and support that makes up for the website.

Reasons for Choosing Deluxe Payroll and HR

Deluxe offered more responsive, local customer service, ease of use, and was more affordable. We are extremely happy that over the last two years Deluxe has lived up to and exceeded its promise of excellent, accurate, and supportive payroll processing.

Reasons for Switching to Deluxe Payroll and HR

ADP's customer support took too long, there were communication issues, and it was very frustrating.

Libby from FBC Walnut Valley

Works For Us

They have been helpful & efficient. We have A PERSON to contact who answers the phone or returns calls promptly!

Pros

Access for all employees to their own pay stubs, etc.

Cons

It does require some up-front work from the Administrator each year, but that is a small thing.

Reasons for Choosing Deluxe Payroll and HR

Cost & we decided that in-house would be stressful for folks not trained in HR & payroll.

Elizabeth from Tallmage Plumbing, LLC

HR relief

Pros

All we have to do for payroll is enter hours and everything is done, child support garnishments, quarterly taxes, it’s a breeze!

Cons

We use this only for payroll currently, we’re in the process of setting up the time tracking. Everything has been great so far.

Reasons for Switching to Deluxe Payroll and HR

They weren’t as user friendly for our employees or us.

Jerry from Huff Insurance

Been using Deluxe Payroll services for years

Overall it has been a good experience. We do refer our business client to Deluxe.

Pros

Easy to use and understand the features.

Cons

Some of the cutome reporting features are hard to use and understand.

Reasons for Choosing Deluxe Payroll and HR

We are an independent insurance agent and the other products on the market actuallu compete with us in our business. Deluxe does not compete with us in the insurance space, which is why we chose them

Patrick from Bird's Eye Medical PLLC

Industry: Staffing and Recruiting

Onboarding Staffing Company

We use deluxe payroll and SwipeClock to run payroll for up to 150 employees every 2 weeks. We are still hoping to automate some of the process, but we have found a way to make it work for us.

Pros

We needed this solution on a tight timeline and the initial onboarding was quick.

Cons

The software isn't intuitive and many features require Deluxe staff to set-up, which is complicated and time consuming to initiate. Onboarding customer service can be challenging to reach and coordinate with. Once on the phone, they are very helpful.

Reasons for Choosing Deluxe Payroll and HR

At the time of purchase, we didn't expect our company to grow at the rate it did and Deluxe seemed like a better option for a small firm. A significant portion of this decision was based on price. Workday includes features that we didn't expect needing or utilizing. In some ways, we have outgrown the user friendliness of Deluxe.

Kiki from Pelican Harbor Seabird Station

Industry: Veterinary

First rate customer support

We are a small/medium-sized nonprofit organization. As is typical of most non-profits, staff wear many hats. I was given the HR hat, with not too much (any experience). the team at Delux is professional, patient, and kind. They can walk you through any HR reports, data entry, staff issue questions. I am so glad to have them be a part of ur extended work team. Thank you .

Pros

Many features to run countless HR reports.

Cons

learning how to run the numerous reports

Linda from The Weckers, Inc.

Deluxed!

Pros

Imputing and processing payroll is easy and we receive actual checks the next day. Amazing.

Cons

Creating specific reports can be challenging. Looking for a past employee doesn't work at times. I would like for it to download into Quickbooks. Currently I manually input the paychecks into QB's.

Reasons for Choosing Deluxe Payroll and HR

It's about the cost. We have used Deluxe for over 20 years. It just works.

Belinda from Connor Support Services, LLC

Industry: Civil Engineering

Awesome Payroll Software

Always able to reach my current rep and get the assistance I need!

Pros

I transferred over to Deluxe at least 8 years ago. I value the services they provide, the support, and the software. It is very user friendly and reliable. I highly recommended this company and software!

Cons

I have absolutely no complaints or dislikes

Reasons for Switching to Deluxe Payroll and HR

Prior company missed two of my payrolls

Tawny from X-treme Finishes, Inc.

Great Customer Service

Very happy with resolutions to the problems that I have experienced with my previous payroll provider.

Pros

We are a new customer with Deluxe payroll. Of course, setting up with a new vendor and learning how to navigate a new program is always a learning curve. However, we have been pleased that every question and concern we have had has been handled immediately to our satisfaction. I can call with questions and the Customer Service Representatives are ready and willing to walk me through the process. So appreciated!

Cons

I tend to forget to scroll down to the bottom of the page to SAVE the data I have entered...because it is not easily seen.

S&T Bank

RITA errors

Edward from USW Local 366

Industry: Civic & Social Organization

works great for our small organazation

overall very positive

Pros

Deluxe does all the tax filings, which is very time consuming for me to do on my own.

Cons

can't seem to find a way to add non taxed items like mileage reimbursements and meals.

Reasons for Choosing Deluxe Payroll and HR

ease of setting up and online use is very easy.

Reasons for Switching to Deluxe Payroll and HR

they charged high subscription fees and i still had to do all the work, also thier product had constant problems which required me to call for support, which was either an automated system or a person who could not speak english clearly.

Susan from Turris Services Inc

Deluxe Payroll

Very Good

Pros

The payroll is very easy to use. Deluxe provides great support. I have always had timely responses to all my enquiries. The functionality of the program is enough for my requirements. The staff like the portal where they can get their pay info

Cons

Would like to download payroll entry to excel

Diane from NYPNU

very disappointed

Up until this year -- it has been fine. But my recent experience has been awful.

Pros

I have been a customer for more than 15 years and until recently I was a loyal and satisfied customer.

Cons

I asked the "team leader" to make a custom file for us so Payce could upload contributions bi-weekly to Ascensus. After waiting for six months for this to happen, the best you came up with is for me - to manually submit the contributions bi-weekly. I was told the IT department is not making in custom forms. I offered to pay for this to be done. No answer at all.

Reasons for Choosing Deluxe Payroll and HR

Many years ago, Deluxe was a recommendation when we needed to hire a payroll company

Response from Deluxe Enterprise Operations

Replied September 2021

Hi Diane, thank you for your feedback on the Deluxe Payroll & HR platform. We want to connect with you to better understand your concerns. Please send us an email to payrollsupport@deluxe.com so we can connect directly with you. Please include your company name & contact information in your message. Deluxe Payroll & HR support

John from Safeguard Business Systems

Industry: Printing

Deluxe Payroll is a HIT!

see above

Pros

From the first conversation to now using this software in Year 2, we have been very impressed with this product. The on boarding process was seamless, the process for running payroll is simple and straight forward, and the cost is very competitive. We are very happy we made the transition to Deluxe Payroll & HR. It has made our payroll processing simple and much more efficient and time saving. Thank you!

Cons

I have no negative things to say about the product to this point

n/a

Dante from Colin’s Seafood

Owner

Good!! But now you switched to UPS delivery twice I have not received my checks on time. This is very annoying as my employees expect to be paid on time.

Pros

Makes payroll easy for paying takes and ensuring it’s done correctly

Cons

Nothing!!! All is good only once we had a problem where I got a letter that our quarterly taxes were late but deluxe took care of it

Went with a new CPA

John from Cool Badger Investments LLC

Cheap and Efficient

Pros

Easy to input and pay employees, and updated with the EOTC credits

Cons

Integration had a road bump or 2, but mostly good

Charles from Malibu Window Cleaning

Industry: Individual & Family Services

Almost

We’ll if they find this weeks checks will greatly improve my opion

Pros

Ease of use , reports, having an assigned person to my account, but apparently you just down size her

Cons

Delivery of checks is unreliable , down sizing personal is also effecting service

Reasons for Choosing Deluxe Payroll and HR

Ease of workers comp sustem

arold from Delmarvas Home Care Solution, Inc

If I could spare the time to locate another vendor.

unhappy, Not loving it. reporting delays errors and fraudulent checks being made

Pros

I did like the company when it delivered in all the above areas

Reasons for Choosing Deluxe Payroll and HR

because it was owned locally and i could reach out with issues.

was unhappy..

Response from Deluxe Enterprise Operations

Replied September 2021

Hi Arold, thank you for your feedback on the Deluxe Payroll & HR platform. We want to connect with you to better understand your concerns. Please send us an email to payrollsupport@deluxe.com so we can connect directly with you. Please include your company name & contact information in your message. Deluxe Payroll & HR support

Marilyn from Voxpop, Inc

Great Value Software

It takes very little time to do Payroll, and my time is better spent on business operations.

Pros

I love that I don't have the headache of paying and reporting taxes and deductions. Payroll reports are easy to create.

Cons

Having to update leave start dates every year!