Browse Greenhouse Reviews

Avni from RTI

Solid ATS

Overall, I've had a positive experience with Greenhouse. I like that you can schedule interviews in it as it connects to google calendar or outlook. The customization of scorecards is a huge plus so you can make sure interviewers are testing on accurate material. I love also how greenhouse sends automatic reminders to interviewers to submit their scorecard. This eliminates unnecessary emails from me. If your a small company, I think your really benefit from Greenhouse.

Pros

Greenhouse is an easy ATS to use. It's easy to create job reqs, job posts, and you can customize your evaluation form aka scorecard. When we initially got Greenhouse, we set up training sessions with interview teams on how to use the platform. Majority of the feedback we received from our interviews teams was that it was extremely easy to use. I also loved how greenhouse has tutorials so we were able to leverage that as well. Customer support has been wonderful, anytime we've had an issue, we can easily connect and chat to a customer service agent. I also love the share jobs to social media feature where you can connect your linkedin through greenhouse and share jobs that your company has.

Cons

The metrics can be improved on. I wish there were more metrics on how many people in the company share the most jobs to their social network. Also, sometimes customizing reports can be a bit difficult. There has been some instances where it took some time for a report to pop up.

Kelly from Calendly

Happy Greenhouse User

Overall pleased with Greenhouse and think it's a solid ATS.

Pros

I chose to use Greenhouse because it was the tool that made the most sense and aligned closest with the recruiting process I built for Calendly. Their scorecards and stages are similar visual and stage how we approach recruiting perfectly. They have been incredibly innovative recently with their new features and upgrades and I continue to be impressed by the product roadmap.

Cons

I think their reporting is not intuitive and feels clunky. I don't think they have a great visualization into pipeline for non recruiters. So if a hiring manager or executive wants to see how a specific role is progressing I don't think it's easy for them to do or see. There are also a lot of clicks to get somewhere or get back to something.

Reasons for Choosing Greenhouse

The approach Greenhouse takes to recruiting process setup is more aligned to the recruiting process I had built for our company.

Reasons for Switching to Greenhouse

Hire was not going to a scalable solution and didn't offer the feature set I found critical to successful hiring at Calendly.

December 2021

Pros

Very cool, modern software for startups and mid growth companies. Automations are awesome, make your life way easier! Overall provides a seamless candidate experience.

Cons

Nothing to note, maybe just keep improving the UI and UX, the main users are the recruiters/HR so they should always be in mind!

Mathieu from helloDarwin

Poor customer servioce

Very bad, I would recommend doing business with a more human company.

Pros

The first month of recruiting, using it.

Cons

The fact that we used it for one month, and that they still charge extremely high fees with their contract, not one bit of flexibility. We were 43, went down to 10, are in trouble and all they want to do is enforce their contract even if we havene been using their service at all.

Reasons for Choosing Greenhouse

Because someone that came from a big company wanted it, not adapted to our reality at all.

One of the 3 best ATS on the market

Pros

- Great collaborative features, which help to facilitate working with hiring managers, - GDPR management is well implemented, - Analytics are easy to follow up, - Candidate pipeline is easy to use.

Cons

- Website integration requires some external development work if you want a truly personalized experience on your career site.

Sasha from Sourced Group

Highly Intuitive ATS with strong automation

Greenhouse has provided excellent improvement of our recruitment process such as candidates scheduling which in turn has reduced the time spent on administrative tasks. We have also had a high level of engagement across our Hiring Managers and Interviewers due to the intuitive nature of the software and excellent UX. We were able to roll out the system with very little training as the system is so easy to use.

Pros

I most like the highly customisable workflows and templates that can be used as well as the level of automation that can be embedded has significantly reduced our manual administration and management of the recruit to keep the recruitment process on track. Friendly reminders keep you on track with your schedule and also drives productivity across the team .

Cons

Initially it took me a while to get used to the "Self-Service" model of support (given I had not used the system before however the video instructions and tutorials have been very useful and easy to digest.

Reasons for Choosing Greenhouse

Greenhouse was customisable and intuitive and the support we received throughout our assessment process was excellent.

Reasons for Switching to Greenhouse

To improve our recruitment process and ability to source and assess candidates

Larby S from Starlight Group

Fraud, bordering on criminal- Don't use Greenhouse.

Don't sign up and don't trust them during the sales process. Review everything because they will bait and switch you - predatory business practices.

Pros

Nothing, the experience was dreadful and I highly recommend people to stay away from this company.

Cons

We were lied to regarding the billing structure promised to us, which was to be monthly. The rep we dealt with was incredibly short and rude after the fact and even sent us to collections! We would never have signed up for this horrible companies service if our billing was annually paid. We followed up with their team in September of 2020 about the error, and they refused to adjust. Please stay away from this company! [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] especially should be ashamed of her conduct. Greenhouse is operating a predatory enterprise. We are using Zoho recruit now, and it's much better, offering more features, monthly billing, and allows for way more job posts.

Reasons for Choosing Greenhouse

It was a horrible mistake to choose Greenhouse but because they seemed like a better company to align with founded in the US.

They discontinued it.

Great tool

I appreciate how Greenhouse is a useful, easy-to-use tool for managing logistical tasks such as onboarding and referring candidates. It'd be even better if the small bugs were fixed!

Pros

I love that Greenhouse has an easy-to-navigate user experience. It's intuitive to find what I need, whether it be onboarding tasks or submitting referrals for jobs. The UI is also modern and aesthetic.

Cons

The only complaint I have against Greenhouse is the minor bugs that come up while using it, such as 1) during onboarding, the page does not log in no matter what (tried resetting the password and logging in through a Google account), and my company had to reinitiate a link to set up my account again; 2) the referral tracking page has incorrect information--for example, it shows that the candidate is rejected even though he is not--which indicates a syncing problem.

Madison from MeBe

Great product overall

Overall, I had a positive experience with Greenhouse. I would recommend it for small to medium sized companies.

Pros

I used Greenhouse for job posting, applicant tracking, resume storage, and the overall recruitment management. I like this software because of the ease of use, and that overall it has everything a recruiter would need.

Cons

The functions I find the least built out are the reporting / searching features. However, I believe these have gotten better since I used the tool.

Daniel from CIENCE

Best way to keep track on you future leaders.

Pros

It's an amazing tool to keep track of your prospects, have the proper communication between everyone involved in the hiring process, and make the entered flow also easier.

Cons

There really isn't, the platform is all you can look for, for your HR needs.

Marc from Billtrust

Overall satisfied, though A LOT of manual configuration required

Overall experience is positive so far - Apart from the time & effort taken to learn a new product the Talent Acquisition team is enjoying it so far, our Hiring Managers like it, and we've received no negative feedback from applicants. That said, though there are too many parts that need to be changed manually, including many parts of the job templates, salary data assigned to jobs/templates, application questions, application confirmation emails, etc.. There needs to be more focus on put on allowing bulk-edits. It's an arduous, time-consuming task to make updates (to something as simple as a line we might want to add or remove from a job description on benefits we offer) and that time can be spend on more value-creating tasks.

Pros

The amount of integrations Greenhouse with other software is great; The UI is intuitive; Ease of use for hiring managers and interviewers who access the system.

Cons

A tremendous amount of manual work is required during the implementation, and for ongoing updates to job templates. There was also a lack of live or customized training by Greenhouse during implementation - just videos and how-to's on their support page. So I would try my best to figure things out and spend a lot of time manually doing things; then a week or two later, we'd realize something was off or a setting needed to be redone and we'd have to manually re-do it -- Some more hands-on, customized, live help from the get-go and throughout implementation would have been helpful so that we didn't need to spend hours and hours on manual tasks.

Reasons for Choosing Greenhouse

Overall, we were more excited about the features that Greenhouse offered. The quality of the demos we received, cost, and other aspects factored into the decision as well of course.

Nick from Squarespace

I've used Greenhouse for 3 years and I am my company's GH admin.

Pros

Greenhouse is great. It's very customizable to your recruiting operation while providing clear guidance on how to best organize your operation. This improves your candidate/interviewer experience while maximizing your data/analytics and workflows. Their customer service team is top notch. They're friendly and helpful and always solution oriented. There's so much I personally like that I'll just have to list a few (in no particular order): - Offer Workflows (with approvals) - Job Setup - Customizable Options (Offer details, Job details, Tags, Candidate details) - Greenhouse Analytics (Okay I lied, this is my favorite) - Employee Dashboard - Referral Process (Posting to social media, tracking, organizing referrals as a referrer)

Cons

There isn't a lot not to like. Greenhouse is growing fast and their software is evident of that at times. There are some legacy situations that they've chosen not to prioritize (like bulk updating approvals on jobs) with their engineering time, but though the solution today is time consuming, they're obviously making progress to minimize the pains. When you use Greenhouse, you're using a tool that does more than track candidates, it helps you interview better and it helps your team become more confident in their hiring decisions. So, of course that opens the door for growing pains as they scale and learn what their customers need. On a more technical side. The way they've designed their API doesn't always make the most sense. They provide some resources to understand it better but until you're neck deep into when candidate_ID and application_ID are used and what historical information is connected to each, it's a bit like learning a new language.

Brian from Rubicon Project

Pretty Close To A Silver Bullet!

We use Greenhouse as the platform for all recruiting functions globally. Prior to implementing Greenhouse, we had a lot of manual processes in place and the recruiting function as a whole was decentralized. There was no central repository for all recruiting-related information. With Greenhouse, we were able to align the team globally, centralize all functions, automate processes, and create a better hiring experience for managers.

Pros

Reporting - In my role, I need to be able to diagnose where the breakdowns are in recruiting, and the system’s many canned reports help me do that. While Greenhouse doesn’t have the ability to let you build custom reports, there are enough reports available that I don’t have to do that. It’s also been very useful for me to get weekly recruitment reports from the system so I can see activity from a high level. All this lets me keep my finger on the pulse of hiring, and report effectively to the business where we are with progress to plan, while at the same time advising on trends I’m seeing and actions we may want to take. Interview Kits/Scorecards - Another great feature of the system. Getting everyone on the same sheet of music has been invaluable. Once all scorecards are input then the manager can see all of the feedback and make a decision. As I’ve mentioned, centralization is important to us and having all the feedback in one place makes it easy on recruiter and manager alike. And the interview kits are a great way to set everyone up for success because they can be customized so that the whole interview panel takes the same approach, or each interviewer can be tasked with a specific question set. And it’s all so intuitive and easy to use. Several of our senior executives have set the standard for user engagement with Greenhouse! User experience - This was one very key area for us. We believe that recruiters are partners to managers, and for them to want to engage on that level, we needed a system that was user-friendly. And Greenhouse is definitely user-friendly. We have a high level of engagement here which has helped to further our goal of creating a culture of recruitment here.

Cons

Reporting Customization - Although there are many canned reports that cover a variety of areas, I still have to export multiple reports in order to build a report which tells the story I’m trying to tell. User Access Customization - I understand this is something on their product roadmap. It would be great for them to get more granular in terms of access-level functionality.

Sarah from Drumroll

Greenhouse is so fresh

I did a fair amount of investigating ATS systems, and Greenhouse ultimately won my business and has kept it for a several reasons. 1. Customer Service. Their sales team understood the difference between availability, persistence and harassment. Their implementation specialists are patient, articulate, empathetic, easily accessible and even open to product improvement suggestions. Support tickets are handled quickly and when the matter is a more complex tool-wide programming solve, they still communicate the outcome to you---even months later!! 2. UI and UX. It's sexy, intuitive, and easy to use. Trying to get timely candidate feedback from super busy creative people, many of whom are naturally disorganized, has meant the simplicity of Greenhouse has been a godsend. They even like using it because its pretty. Anything to made the horse led to water drink, ya know? 3.Customization. I love that I can change make both minor tweaks and major adjustments to scorecards, job posts, work flow and hiring teams with zero headache. We can also put our unique brand voice on everything our internal team and candidates see, so nothing about it feels robotic. 4. Candidate Experience. It's fast, simple, and clear on the receiving end, which is the most important part. Feedback from our candidates, even from rejected candidates, has been glowing since we started using Greenhouse---a vast improvement over our previous MO. 5. Ease of Communications. Communicating to and about candidates is simple and fluid, AND can all activity around a candidate is logged, so you check and double check last communications---key when you have a large pool and fast moving process. It's also web based, so use it from your phone, home computer or anywhere that's not your desk. The only drawback is that the flexibility in the rest of the tool is not represented in the reporting. The reports can be a little difficult to decipher and there are some sets of data not offered that would be quite useful, though not critical. On the whole, the reporting features are more than adequate, but relative to the awesomeness of the tool and service otherwise, it would step up a bit.

Pros

Customer Service, UI/UX, Customization, Candidate Experience, Ease of Communications.

Cons

Analytics, Price (if you're a small business)

Chakkrit from Agoda

Greenhouse Recruitment, a powerful recruiting tool with minor limitations

The problem that Greenhouse is solving for us is by serving as a recruitment platform. All candidates will flow into this system in which the recruiter will screen, move the candidates between stage to be able to track in what stage the candidate is in now, and after the candidate is hired, through integration, the candidate data will be sent to other HRIS systems that the company used. Since we never used other recruitment systems before, we can't say that Greenhouse is the best of its kind.

Pros

Greenhouse Recruitment is a simple tool that new recruiters can quickly learn how to use within a couple of days. Greenhouse also provides system-related articles on Greenhouse Community that can be easily pulled up when search on the Google search engine as well. Moreover, Greenhouse creates their knowledge-based article in a way that both informs the access requirements to perform a certain task and the article itself is easy to understand. Greenhouse also can be integrated with other HRIS systems such as Workday as well.

Cons

From an end-user perspective, I think that Greenhouse is flawless. However, from an admin perspective, Greenhouse has many flaws. For example, in order to merge candidates, Greenhouse requires the user to have the same access on both jobs that both candidates are in. As a result, our admin team needs to be the one merging the candidates for the recruiter as offer access cannot be given to recruiters for jobs that they are not responsible for just to merge. Moreover, as an admin, it will take some time to learn about the system, and most importantly, the system is limited to customization.

Comprehensive Solution, Broad Integration Partners

Pros

No glaring holes in the tools a small-to-medium sized organization needs to track, manage, evaluate, and hire candidates. Lots of push-button integration partners to drive downstream workflows, such as Background Screening, and HRIS export.

Cons

Heavy configureability means heavy variation between customer setups. This is true in nearly every software solution, not just Greenhouse. It would be great to see Greenhouse take more of a lead in providing good examples of objective candidate evaluations. Scorecards that coach interviewers on how to objectively evaluate certain attributes, etc...there's plenty of research out there on preventing bias in interviews, and how evaluate candidates more objectively. We'd welcome Greenhouse to take away some of the 'configurability' in favor of stronger leadership on evaluating technical and non-technical qualities objectively and without bias during interview. BambooHR, an HR Information System, does a great job of leading their customers by designing functionality that support best practices in performance review, performance management, and goal setting. They simply don't allow their customers to configure their way out of doing good reviews. They explain the research behind employee engagement, good reviews, and stick to their guns. This is good industry leadership, Greenhouse could learn from that. "Choose your own path" isn't always the best.

Hannah from InsideView

Changed our Recruiting Process!

Overall a game-changer! Keeps all of the candidate information in one place.

Pros

Great product! Very intuitive and user-friendly. The implementation team was excellent with helping us set up the product in a way that would be most useful to us. The ease of use is incredible- makes my job easier!

Cons

Some issues with the Zoom integration when first rolled out and the customer service team dropped the ball on this one. Seems to be better now.

Reasons for Choosing Greenhouse

Best product for the price

Julia from Optimizely

August 2015

Gets better with every new release

Pros

- Ease of use & great support documentation you can point individual users to so the recruiting team is not inundated with one-off questions from users. - Access to customer support through the chat feature - Ability to make feature requests - The product is constantly evolving and growing with our needs as a fast growing organization - Many levels of specificity when setting up alerts you want to receive - our previous ATS alert emails were either all or nothing but with Greenhouse you can select exactly what you want such as alerts when candidates move to different stages, or alerts for specific interview rounds which is very helpful.

Cons

- Restrictions on customizations: For instance, I'd like to create an additional "sourcing strategy" but am not able to so many candidate sources end up under the "other" bucket which leads to poor reporting on source of hire and ROI tracking for some recruiting initiatives. - Workflows can get real messy real fast if you have a larger recruiting team - Reporting is just alright - not as robust as I'd expect which means managers end up doing quite a bit of manual work to build a story to tell to execs. Be ready to export reports to excel and expect to spend time manipulating data.

Jillian from Work & Co

Greenhouse for the Win

Overall I love greenhouse, I switched from Jobvite and it was the best decision ever.

Pros

I absolutely love that I can upload candidates from LinkedIn straight into my greenhouse candidate pool. It's never been so easy to source for candidates while making sure you pull all of their available information to use down the road.

Cons

Sometimes when I'm uploading candidates from LinkedIn and have multiple offices that I in my network, I'm unable to always add them to the right office. Some offices wont populate when I need them to. So then after I've converted them from a prospect to a candidate I'm un able to undo that action and can sometimes end up with multiple profiles for the same candidate.

Jessica from Foursquare

The best ATS on the market

Great experience -I've recommended it to at least 3-4 other tech companies and have completed user research studies and given product feedback to help enhance the product experience. Greenhouse really listens to their customers' wants and needs and tries their best to build it into the product roadmap for you, and most times they do.

Pros

I've been a greenhouse user across 2 different tech/startup companies and it is the ONLY ATS that I would trust to handle and manage all of our candidate processes. The UI/UX is seamless and easy to use, and the reporting/metrics are very user-friendly for pulling. Greenhouse is the modern recruiter's best tool to keep things organized and flowing nicely, ensuring that no candidate slips through the cracks and by providing visibility to hiring managers and teams.

Cons

Greenhouse is a pricey software, so be aware that it is an investment, but one that will help streamline any recruiting process. Greenhouse is constantly updating/changing the interface (usually to improve the experience), so don't be surprised if you log in one day and all the sudden can't find something where it used to be. But their customer service is really good if you do happen to run into any questions/concerns.

Elise from StellaService

August 2015

It IS easy being Green..!

Pros

Greenhouse... more like FUNhouse! Greenhouse is the most intuitive ATS out there. It's easy to use for interviewers as well as recruiters and hiring managers. It's definitely the cleanest product out there and the innovators behind it obviously care about staying at the top, as is clear from their constant updates. Greenhouse is also the most data centric ATS I've worked with. It allows you to really track your hiring data to be able to make smarter recruiting decision down the road. All in all, very few complaints about the product or the people behind it. Save yourself the research - work with Greenhouse!

Cons

Greenhouse is by far in a way the best ATS I've worked with. Having said that, sure, are there things that could be better? I'm sure (though none come to mind right now). It would be great if you could post to social media about all jobs at your company as opposed to one specific job (though I think they're working on this). It would also be great if my "resources" on my google calendar synced up. Right now I can scheduled interviews to my specific calendars via google calendar, but I can't schedule them to a specific room, or "resource." These are pretty small things though and I'm confident whatever isn't perfect will be soon enough!

Been using Greenhouse for 2 years - overall positive experience

Pros

- The interview kits and scorecards are great. Easy for my team and for interviewers to use. - The UI has continued to get better over the years; clearly the product is continually being improved and new features being built. - The live chat feature is really helpful (I've used it many times), though it's been a little confusing knowing if we had an Account Manager to call with questions; I believe we had one when we first signed, then were told later we no longer had one, now we have one again? - Lots of helpful integrations, with G-Suite, Docusign, Linkedin Recruiter, etc.

Cons

- Reporting functionality is rather lacking. I find it not useful and challenging to use. My team uses excel sheets outside of Greenhouse to manually track all our metrics, like time to fill and how many screens it took to get to a hire. - Pricing spikes if your employee count grows, so you may be paying significantly more for the same product in a year or two. - Keeping track of passive or prospective candidates is nearly impossible. Unless someone is an active candidate in an active job, it's likely I'll lose track of them.

Simple and intuitive ATS

Pros

- Greenhouse is easy and intuitive to implement and to train new users - hiring managers, recruiters, sourcers, admin etc. - Ease of application for the candidates - Application form can be fine tuned to include custom questions tailored to the organisation - Greenhouse covers additional aspects of recruiting life-cycle as well with additional features like D&I, On-boarding - Open APIs to help integrate with other software - Greenhouse has integrations with widely used software in the market and if an integration is not available - it gives its API to implement that - Ease of implementation on Careers Page - Greenhouse is flexible in hosting the jobs on Careers page and gives multiple options there

Cons

-Since candidates do not have a log in account, from a candidate's perspective there is no status check option available on the careers page - which is an easy solve and not a huge con - For organisations looking at advanced analytics, Greenhouse does not offer anything in-house but supports an additional service called Greenhouse Analytics in which entire data base can be loaded in-house - Customer support can be patchy at times

Susan from Strategic Resolution Experts

Greenhouse & Go

We love Greenhouse. We are able to bid on larger contracts knowing that we will be able to ramp up and source new hires very quickly. We are very happy to have a ready pool of well qualified candidates in GH, ready to go. As a workflow tool, we can monitor and improve our own performance and track our success. We have transparency among users so we don't drop the ball on hot candidates. Very happy!

Pros

We found Greenhouse very easy to implement. As all small companies, we wear many hats and had to work our implementation plan around our other responsibilities. It was very easy to knock out a few items on our task list every day while keeping all the balls in the air. I've also found Greenhouse to be user friendly for my colleagues who are less focused on recruiting, but still need to jump in from time to time.

Cons

The "search" options are good but could be a little more robust....seems like the default settings slow us down a bit. When I want to search through "All Candidates", I have a few resets to do in order to get the whole database.

August 2016

Carly from GuideSpark

August 2016

Greenhouse is a great ATS!

Pros

First off, the Greenhouse team is super responsive to questions! The simply chat window at the bottom makes it easy to get a hold of a representative when there is an issue. Overall, the entire system is SO easy to use! I train new hires and managers on the system and I only get a few that come back with questions. The offer process - easy. Changing the interview plan - simple. Scheduling, adding permissions, creating templates - it's a breeze. We moved over from a previous ATS that was not intuitive, customer service was miserable, and we felt very limited on what we could control with the system. Greenhouse is very customizable, super easy to use and troubleshoot, and encompasses everything that an ATS should!

Cons

The one downside to Greenhouse is that they constantly are updating their UI to the point where it confuses the users! I find that after I've created training material, Greenhouse will change the UI and I have to take new screen shots and update my deck. They then do not update their own training material quickly enough for users to use. I've also found that they have been having some issues when it comes to the communication between Outlook and the system. They have had to change the scheduling alias multiple times from calendar@greenhouse.io to calendar2@greenhouse.io to schedule@ghcalendar.io to fix the issue.

Greenhouse for recruiting

Our organisation switched to Greenhouse while looking to make easy managing candidates, that is, making sure we don't forget to close out all candidates who applied and interviewed with us. We've been able to easily do this through Greenhouse. I'd recommend it for any startup and large business alike with a solid recruiting team!

Pros

- Easy to group candidates and send out one mass email in very few minutes. - Easy to see what positions a candidate has applied for in your organisation, why they were rejected and interview notes from other interviewers. - Links to website and acts as an independent job search site for your organization. - Can be used for not only recruiting but also for onboarding. - Ease of signing in with Google. - Easy to learn the basics and use it within a day.

Cons

- To grant access to a hiring manager to a specific job you've created, one has to go to settings-users-add the user to the job. Would be nice if there was a shortcut to add users easily, this takes up alot of time if one has to add several people. - Reports aren't user centered and not easily customizable. Seeing detailed recruiting metrics from reports is almost impossible.

Tara from Unqork

Avid Greenhouse User at Two Companies

Pros

At my first company, I implemented Greenhouse and that was a very seamless process. Our Rep was extremely informative and helpful. He was always there to answer any questions we had. I moved to another company as of last year and we also use Greenhouse here which made the transition very seamless. Both companies remain happy with the product.

Cons

The reporting & metrics feature could be improved for ease of use and more metrics pulled.

Joshua from Vidyard

Greenhouse is the best ATS I have used in my career

Pros

Greenhouse allows our organization to streamline our hiring process. From applications to interview feedback to offer creation, everything is much simpler since implementing Greenhouse. The best feature, for me, is the interview kits and feedback. It allows us to set up interviewers for success during interviews and make sure we have consistent selection criteria. Also, the scorecards make gathering feedback much easier, I don't have to chase down hiring managers anymore. Throughout the buying and implementation process, everyone at Greenhouse was great to work with. They were transparent with pricing, worked within my expectations and timelines and did a great job helping me through the implementation process. I have now purchased and implemented Greenhouse at my last two organizations.

Cons

I think the one area that can be improved/added is more features focused on nurturing previous candidates.

Renaud from GOAL

Greenhouse is a great recruitment software that creates a very smooth process.

Pros

The system is very flexible and quite intuitive. The screening tool helps saving a lot of time and communications with candidates and the hiring team is quick and easy. The recruitment pipeline can be tailored for each recruitment and all the interview notes or test results are stored on the candidate profile. Reporting options cover all the information you need to understand your recruitment trends. The system also facilitates referral schemes, panel creation, internal job board and multiple job board if you have different branches.

Cons

As with any systems, there are always small details that could be changed to suit personal preferences. The interview notes once exported in pdf could be better designed and I would like to have more options for the interviewer profile. The phone app has recently been updated and most functions are now available - hopefully the next upgrade will include the possibility to email candidates!

Justine from Stealth Startup

One of the best ATS's I've used

Though it's not the perfect solution for all my recruiting needs, it has been one of the best options I've used.

Pros

Greenhouse is intuitive, the customer support is great, and they also have a mobile app which makes reviewing candidates on the go easy.

Cons

Like other ATS's, the reporting functionality isn't fantastic. What's most lacking about GH is the inability to view all candidates in a pipeline in one page/snapshot.

Review of Greenhouse

With Greenhouse, we have automated so many processes which is great. Greenhouse support chat is always so useful, and very quick with responses. Our account representative is not very responsive. I know he is very busy with many clients, but I'd appreciate a response quicker than a week and a half.

Pros

The thing I like most about Greenhouse is how in depth it goes with the applicant tracking process, we recently found out about the candidate pipeline report/email, which is something we've been doing manually for years, and knowing that this exists will help us tremendously. Things like the candidate pipeline email that make our manual processes easier are awesome.

Cons

The thing I like the least about Greenhouse is how feedback on little things is not taken, and it takes a very long time for anything to be implemented or changed. I've found two bugs last week that were big errors for our process, and its very inconvenient.

Megan from Elastic

More of this is needed

Customer chat is actually pretty good compared to other companies I’ve worked with. I wish GH was more willing to have customer panels where they listen to what the needs of growing companies (from the previous question it is obvious that we have ideas). I regularly get the following answer from chat “that’s not something we can do, but I’ll give your use case to our product team”.

Pros

The UI for recruiters and hiring managers is great; very easy to use

Cons

There is a lot of functionality that your competitors have that would be greatly helpful. 1. Being able to pull in hierarchies so additional logic can be built into approvals 2. Being able to add a logic table to comp by job code selected. 3. Questions should have the ability to have default answers 4. Tracking full email history for candidates convos 5. Have more logic around when questions in approvals appear questions based on answers from other questions, not just based on the organization details etc...

Scott from Weaver silver

In 22 years I’ve used lots of ATS products, and love greenhouse

It’s more fluid of a process with candidates and it is more intuitive.

Pros

Ease of use and how intuitive this takes a candidate through the full life cycle. I’ve worked with icims, jobvite and others and am most impressed with GH.

Cons

The price is too high for small companies to afford, along with lack of customizing options. But I have never found a commercial ATS that is fully customizable.

Pierre from Yerra Solutions

Greenhouse turned out to be a great tool for a fast growing company like ours

faster recruitment cycle, better internal communication with all stakeholders involved in the Talent Acquisition process. it is probably one of the factors that made Yerra Solutions a recipient of the 2017 "Great Place to Work" Award

Pros

The implementation turned out to be easy and straight forward, with great customer support along the way... Creating new job openings is simple, with many items easy to customize to our specific process. Creating new candidate profiles is straight forward with the integrated CV parsing. Generally speaking, navigating through the system is smooth and dummy-proof. Greenhouse helped us reach the next step of our business grow and development, with standard Talent Acquisition processes in all our geographical locations across the globe, while always proposing applicants a professional experience. And just as importantly, it helps us share information and integrate totally the Talent Acquisition functions within the "business" functions, facilitating exchanges with interviewers and hiring managers.

Cons

Due to data privacy protection compliance, we cannot provide access to Greenhouse to all our workforce, which limits the capacity of employees to make direct referral

Alex from FinTech

Used them all, GH is a dream come true. THANK YOU

I have 10+ years of experience in the Talent Acquisition space and I've used just about every ATS you can think about, from the monsters (Taleo, SilkRoad, etc.) to the startups (Jazz, Lever, Jobvite). I've never felt compelled to write an online review before, but I'd never been blown away by a recruiting tool before either. Out of everything we've been working on this year nothing has had a more dramatic an impact on my team's success than our switch to Greenhouse last year. For me, it's the everyday workflow and productivity improvements, the confidence that we're focusing our efforts in the right place, the pride that we're more on top of it all than any other recruiting tam I know. I don't know how I survived without their incredible reports - I can give the CEO the hard data showing why we need the funding we do, or how much we've improved since the previous quarter, or what we need to do to prepare for the hires we'll be making in 6 months... Even just seeing how the HM's actually use it and knowing they're on the exact same page as the recruiters has been a dream come true. Thank you Greenhouse!

Pros

Everything. reporting communication time-saving structured interviews meaningful feedback phenomenal suport it makes life better it makes me happy it makes my team happy it makes my hiring mangers happy it makes my CEO happy

Cons

They don't have an HRIS function ... (yet?!)

Customer Support is great

Pros

Not only is Greenhouse easy to use, evolves with our business, offers new features and functionality but the Customer Support and Account Managers really listen to feedback. After discussing questions on chat I often make suggestions for future features to add to the product roadmap - the amazing part is seeing my suggestions come to life! Being a Greenhouse user for the past two years I have seen many of my ideas added and my Account Manager always adds a personal touch by letting me know when my ideas will go live.

Cons

Being in Ops and an Admin I always wish for more flexibility and customized options for users' permissions and reporting. Greenhouse offers other options to meet our needs but I would love to be able to build my own unique permission sets, reports, and dashboards.

Good insights, but not fully intuitive

Overall, I am glad we use Greenhouse. It is not fully perfect as a software, but it is certainly helpful and has interesting bells and whistles.

Pros

Greenhouse is what we use to bring together our recruiting team and hiring managers when finding the perfect fit for our company. It's aesthetically pleasing, very helpful for creating a complete tracking system for candidates, and shines brightest as a space to collectively share our thoughts on candidates. We use greenhouse religiously at my company, and I like the transparency that the service provides. Some additional helpful tools: Greenhouse allows you the ability to customize questions/fields for applicants, which helps us to identify the strongest candidates at the submitting stage. You can also track how well your posting is doing -- it tracks where applicants come in from, which is helpful for our hiring team.

Cons

As mentioned in the title, the software is not fully intuitive. I've spent more time than I like clicking around trying to find a candidates original resume and cover letter. It feels like some features are buried or hard to find -- Greenhouse could do some work to direct traffic a bit better.

Good For What It's Supposed To Do

Greenhouse is used in our organization to track both internal and external candidates that are moving through the interview and hiring stage for a job. It is also used to generate overall success rate for interviewing and hiring effectively.

Pros

I like that it gives you the ability to assign different people to different tasks. I also like that you are able to mass upload resumes and mass reply to multiple candidates on a specific job.

Cons

The inability to search for similar candidates through resume match. There are also too many steps to post a single job and navigating through the different settings to post and update a job can be arduous and not user friendly at times.

Reasons for Choosing Greenhouse

Greenhouse proved to be more robust and had a lot of features that were pertinent to what we desired in a software.

Reasons for Switching to Greenhouse

We were looking for something that was more robust and that provided more features for managing applicants and bringing them through the interview process.

Great tool once you understand it, has room for improvement

Pros

Customer onboarding provides you with a checklist of the steps on setting up your tool. I liked that enables collaboration within the hiring teams, Google Spreadsheets reporting feature, scorecards customizable for all positions, automatic integration with Glassdoor, Indeed and LinkedIn jobs, customizable interview and offer templates, approval process, integrations (BambooHR, Join, Small Improvements, G Suite).

Cons

Reporting is not customized, basic careers page could be much better looking, I would wish teams could adjust the view (list of candidates or Kanban board view), tagging and CRM feature could be more recruiting team not individual focused (fee applies with every new CRM feature user), reporting could be more visual. It has a hefty price tag.

Lauren from BigCommerce

Seamless Scheduling!

When I first started at my job, a recruiter told me that Greenhouse isn't very intuitive and it's difficult to learn - boy, were they wrong! It was SO easy to learn and navigate. I love the updates they keep rolling out and how they help you learn the changes.

Pros

I like that it integrates with my email so any action I take or reminders I need to set can be sent directly to my email. It helps keep me organized. I also love the dashboard and how you can customize it so easily! The new scheduling tool makes everyday cake for me.

Cons

I wish the templates could allow for more rich text (highlighting, adding colored text, etc) but it's still helpful to automatically bold, italicize, and underline. I also wish that hotmail accounts didn't typically flag Greenhouse communications as spam

Susanne from Dept

User friendly and versatile ATS

Pros

Greenhouse is very easy to use, easy to adapt to your business needs and has work amazingly well for our fast growing company. Greenhouse is truly scalable, it fit the bill when we had 150 employees in the Netherlands only and it still fits the bill now that we are well over 1000 at Dept world wide.

Cons

As a digital agency we have high standards when it comes to look and feel and the Greenhouse standard application form is not up to scratch. If you decide to use a nice looking custom form, this also puts limitations on the data you can collect in Greenhouse. Having to make a choice when it comes to form and function is a problem.

Reasons for Switching to Greenhouse

We had a home made ATS which was not scalable and not future proof.

Colin from Spredfast

Overall, our experience has been quite positive. We have seen a lot of growth in the product.

Pros

Ease of use is a big pro - one of the main deciding factors to choose GH 2 years ago - Being able to keep most of the recruiting process in one tool Follow up reminders Scorecards are a nice value add Excited for the ever increasing reporting capabilities DocuSign and HIRED integrations Stage notifications Notes and mentions feature Offer and email templates Candidate survey Tagging - I'm sure there are others...

Cons

- While not a total con - scheduling - trying to find internal room availability is not as intuitive as we would like (not as intuitive as using Google Calendar to find the rooms outside of GH) - other than that massive improvement to scheduling - Rejection notifications if people have gone through a stage in our process - we may be the anomaly as our hiring managers handle most of the recruiting process where us as recruiters facilitate the process and schedule interviews

Great tool for recruiters!

It has been really helpful for me as a hr professional to recruit with greenhouse. I've worked with other tools in the past, and definitely greenhouse offers a complete set of functionalities for you to hire the team you need.

Pros

It allow recruiters to forget about spreadsheets once and for all!! Really powerful functionalities, you can hire your candidate end to end with greenhouse! Great implementation experience. The customer success team helps a lot with trainings during the first weeks so you can learn everything about greenhouse. After implementation, great customer support!

Cons

It could improve the UX in some of the views. If you are working in large teams, everybody has to be committed to use greenhouse, otherwise spreadsheets could return.

Divya from Samsung

Greenhouse ATS

Great Customer Success Managers team to help with migrating to their ATS

Pros

Very user friendly applicant tracking system, you can customize the ATS based on your business processes. The customer support is there to answer any of your questions at all times and are very quick in their service and providing solutions. Amazing reporting features!

Cons

Sometimes the word documents uploaded or the job description fonts do not copy properly. You have to correct the font sizing to make it uniform.

Reasons for Switching to Greenhouse

More features, customization and functionality offered by Greenhouse

Streamline the Employee Hiring and Onboarding Process

Organizing the onboarding process. Making sure all new hires are going through this pipeline and that we are capturing interview notes for our internal benchmarking to understand what questions worked and what didn't along with potential red flags that were noted that didn't end up panning out in the future. We are looking to reduce turnover and have had some initial success, but even where we failed, we now have strong feedback and notes to reflect on.

Pros

I really enjoy the transparency of this software. We were able to integrate this with our single sign on (SSO) provider that we were using to encourage our employees to get active in posting job postings, recruiting candidates, viewing job postings and providing feedback, participating in part of the hiring process (interview or technical interview feedback), and to allow employees to see the progress of new hires or candidates in the pipeline. It is a very transparent tool that is simple for employees to pick up and use - self-explanatory with no additional training needed.

Cons

Some of the canned checklists and score cards were lacking questions - no worries though, can import your own or add to the ones already provided. There isn't much that is lacking - once we figured out the permissioning and assigning employees based on their region and title in our company, we were able to get individuals to see candidates that would impact them or the ones they they were responsible for or referred.

Ashley from OurHealth

Greenhouse

Greenhouse has streamlined our entire hiring process and allowed us to serve as better partners/collaborators with the rest of the organization!

Pros

We love Greenhouse! It has saved us so much time because of how efficient it is. It is also a great tool for our hiring managers. They love the capabilities and having access/transparency to candidates and our hiring process. We also really like how easy the scorecards make it to track the right data and keep historical information for pipeline purposes.

Cons

The only con I can think of is that you can't send a link to a scorecard after an interview. We sometimes have other members of our team join interviews impromptu and it can be difficult to get their feedback via scorecard.

Samantha from MullenLowe

Modern ATS

Love Greenhouse and will recommend it to any employer going forward.

Pros

Greenhouse is modern, customizable, and gives you so many options to do more with an ATS than others I have used. It's nice to be able to add a customized landing page for your own company too!

Cons

Quite a bit of information is needed to launch to completely utilize it to its fullest potential from the start.

One of the most user-friendly ATS I have used in 20 years of recruitment!

Pros

Greenhouse is an ATS that responds to most of the needs of a recruiter, when used in an appropriate way (there are so many potential options that we are still discovering most of them). User-friendly, customizable, makes communication great between the business and recruitment, great to schedule interviews, good to collect feedback. Reporting is also easy to pull, and no big drama from agencies when they need to upload candidates. Pretty simple, smooth and results-driven as a tool.

Cons

Unfortunately, the search function is limited and should be expanded. We end up with so many candidates in the database that are not the first go-to talent pool when opening a role.

Claire from Carvana

Better every year

I have been suing Greenhouse since 2014 and have loved the new features and usability over the years. It's easy to train new hires and it houses all the information necessary when making a hiring decision.

Pros

The organization of Greenhouse is very clear and self-explanatory. I don't have to train interviewers on what to do because the system and notifications are so thorough. I like the integrations a lot.

Cons

The reporting has always been a bit iffy in terms of accuracy. It is not Greenhouse's decision or fault, but my job posts that push to Indeed and Glassdoor never update. I have to create a new posting and repost in order to have the job refreshed on job boards. Creating a new job distorts reporting.

Craig from Graylink

Great for both Candidates and Recruiter Users

I would really consider Greenhouse before implementing more complex solutions like SAP, Oracle or other more expensive ones. Greenhouse is as powerful, if not more powerful, more flexible and truly modern recruiting software build with users in mind.

Pros

Greenhouse is probably the most powerful, easy too use recruiting software/ATS. Greenhouse is build to allow recruiters and hiring managers to work together, sharing and collaborating easy. Managing your recruiting process could not be easier with custom setup. Recruiters can plug in many services with a very easy to integrate API, giving you access to job boards, social media, video interviewing platforms and many others. Reporting is also made really easy with custom dashboards.

Cons

I really can not think of any downside to implementing Greenhouse - it is a truly standout provider.