• Pros

• "I love the ease of use and the functionality of this program! I also like the options of filing and organizing within the program. "

• "It's fairly user friendly and it's easy to find what you need"

• "I like the ease of attaching and finding attachments. I love using activities and follow up task. Report can be customized to get the most out of them."

• Cons

• "Sometimes the fields and screens can be confusing especially when you are still learning the software. It helps when the administrator can remove unnecessary steps/screens you don't need to use."

• "No cons, system works and any problems are handled promptly & professionally. "

• "There are the usual bumps along the way when you are learning a new program, but the customer service is what really made the transition smooth."

Browse Applied Epic Reviews

Tyler from Young Insurance Professionals - NY

Best P&C Insurance Tool on the Market

Pros

Epic is an easy tool to use whether youre using the service side, admin/reporting side or using the accounting features. Since working at my current company, Ive used it for all three. Its structured and easy to train on.

Cons

I wish that Epic had a better Benefits setup. Im hopeful that with the recent purchase of TechCanary Applied will be able to provide a better Benefits tool.

Brianne from Independent Insurance Group, Inc.

Why Applied Epic over all others

Transitioning from Applied Agency Manager (TAM) to Epic was not a quick process, it was often times painful but I can honestly say 18 months later, it is worth it from all angles (service, production and management). The support network (which you must choose on your own to use) in place to assist you in any avenue is superior to all other products I am aware of, you just have to make sure you are taking advantage of them.

Pros

My most favorite parts of the software center around the built in workflows and the ability to keep the "story" of an item, the account, a renewal etc. all together in one place. It takes a lot of time to set the system up correctly when you migrate to Applied Epic, but 18 months later, we have received wonderful feedback from an outside consultant about how we are using the system properly, the way it was intended. If you are not using it the way it was meant to be used, you are not going to reap the benefits of what the software really are.

Cons

My least favorite piece of the software are the reports/report layouts. It takes a lot of practice, use and analytical thinking to piece together the reports you need into a format that is most useful for you. It is rare that one report will provide the information needed but rather a combination/review of two or more reports to get to the data you really want...such as retention. That being said, I do believe Applied has helped eliminate the reporting frustration through their Applied Analytics tool.

Laurie from Ansay & Associates, LLC

EPIC is great for working anywhere

I have been working on EPIC for 4 years, switched from TAM, very easy to use and E&O friendly.

Pros

I like that you can't make any changes without it being documented in the system and that you can do searches in the attachments & activities

Cons

I do not like to email option within EPIC or the proof of Insurance options, it can be quite confusing

Katie from Bush Agencies

Pro Epic

I have been very happy with Epic and its ease of use. Coming from a much older operating system this one is amazing!!! The help that is available by just giving them a call is also fantastic. Applied is great at getting back to you with any issues and offering solutions and fixing the issue.

Pros

It is ever evolving. I love that Epic understands what we as users need and what the experience our customer need and want to have. I love that the system has many AUTO features that can work in the background. The fact that I don't have to drag and drop emails in all day is awesome. You send the direct from Epic and the email is automatically attached. I like the text feature. That is not utilized in our office however I do think it is something that can and should be used.

Cons

My least favorite thing is also a Pro but some times can be a huge flaw. Cloud based!!! Great for most of the time But.... the moment the internet goes out we are dead in the water and can not answer any calls.

Douglas from Kore Insurance Holdings, LLC

Best of the Available Agency Management Systems

Over all I think EPIC s ok, but it clearly does not live up to its name as being "EPIC" Personally I think that Vision did many things better then EPIC, specifically when it comes to search ability of attachments.

Pros

I like how EPIC has built upon its predecessors TAM, Applied and Vision so that some of your past experience on their older systems can be applied to the new system. Attachments and emails are very easy to add to the system to be stored.

Cons

Many features in EPIC are worse than they were in previous versions. 1 - Attachment Folders were much better in Vision then Epic. Easier to find files than it is now 2 - canceling a policy in Epic does not change the expiration date on the policy in Epic as it historically did in Vision. 3- The attachment sorting and search function is worse now then in Vision. 4 - Many functions within policy acords such as import and export are not accessible from some screens that they should be accessible. 5 - System still lacks any real visual way for tracking in process items in ways that are popular with software and program developers. 6- System lacks the ability to easily store underwriter contacts information on a global level 7- Sending emails from within Epic lack most of the functionality within Outlook including signatures.

Lisa from Griffin Maclean Insurance

Easy to use and great to work in

Overall outstanding

Pros

It makes tracking our accounts easy and it is very user friendly

Cons

Tedious to do accords- other software much easier on this particular feature

Reasons for Choosing Applied Epic

Better features for our use

Laurie from Molyneaux Insurance

Applied EPIC Review

I definitely prefer Applied TAM over EPIC. TAM is so much easier to use and way less steps

Pros

There isn't a whole lot I like about this software. Way too many steps involved in each process

Cons

You can't just "endorse" a policy without having to go through numerous steps. Having to "submit, leave in process or issue" and endorsement or policy is an extra step that you shouldn't have to go through. We shouldn't have to "endorse" a policy to amend a date of birth or change the spelling of a driver's name. Way too many steps to cancel a policy. We should be able to make simple changes without having to endorse, then update to submitted, then issue. Way too many steps for simple tasks that actually don't involve an actual endorsement

Summer from First Citizens Bank

Applied Epic for Commercial Insurance

Pros

It is user friendly and easy to navigate.

Cons

It would be nice to be able to search for a customer by partial policy number if you do not have access to the full policy number. Also, it seems to crash quite a bit

Haley from Kapnick Insurance Group

EPIC Review

My overall experience with Applied Epic has been great.

Pros

I like that it is very easy to use. All of our insured's information is help in one place and it is extremely convenient for updates to insured's information.

Cons

There really isn't anything that I like least about this software. I am thankful that this is what our company uses.

Andrew from Risk Averse Insurance LLC

EPIC

Best insurance agency management system I have ever used.

Pros

Great management system that's clear and easy to use. I am able to run accurate sales reports and log any tasks and notes.

Cons

Some of the functions are irreversible and at times that can be infuriating. Especially when upstaging to submitted status.

Katherine from General Southwest Insurance Agency, Inc.

Applied EPIC 2018

I've used Applied products before, and EPIC with a prior agency. When we moved to EPIC with my current agency, we were coming from an antiquated system, that was very cumbersome and not at all user friendly. We also had to have separate rating system, separate document management system, and were unable to download with most carriers. Now with EPIC, we download with most of our carriers, documents and rating are all handled within EPIC. It has really made servicing our clients much more efficient. Finding information is also greatly improved. Everyone is very happy we made the switch. I do recommend Applied EPIC to everyone!

Pros

It's user friendly. New staff can get up and running within a short time. They have great on-boarding training on-line. The product can be set up the way the agency wants to use it. After the online training is completed, we just need to fill in the agency specifics for our agency. Everything is contained in the one product. Client and Policy details, document management, rating for PL, follow up system, etc. We don't need several different systems and try to get them to work with each other, it's all in one. No system is perfect. But EPIC met all of our needs, and handles our needs the best out of all the ones we looked into. The User Group is great! Very helpful when questions come up and you need help from other agents on how to handle problems/issues. A great resource. They are also responsive when there are problems or issues, they get fixes done pretty quickly.

Cons

No system is perfect. There are some documents that we would like to use in EPIC that have check boxes, but when we put them in EPIC, the check box functionality is disabled. The reporting can be a bit overwhelming as a new user. It takes time and working with it to get comfortable. There are other hiccups as well, but overall, we're still very happy with our decision.

Robert from Community Insurance

Highs and Lows

Applied has the best support and if you don't think that is important try living without it after you become accustom to having it, I did and spent several thousand dollars to come back to Applied. The speed and quality of the answers from their staff is second to none. The cost of Applied is not cheap but neither is the quality of the product and service. Except for a short while ( which I regret) we have been using them since 1990 and I can't ever see us leaving.

Pros

The software is very comprehensive and will do virtually anything you need to do for your agency except payroll. The work flow is logical and records all information you need to provide service to your clients as well as protect the agency from E&O. Downloads work very well and save a lot of time.

Cons

It has a lot of controls some of what I think is redundancy. I may feel this way because we are a small agency and it is built to serve all. I would like to see a payroll section, Quick books seems to be able to handle it with no problem at a low cost.

Michael from Empire Company

I used this program at a different job.

Pros

This is, by far, the best Insurance Agency Management Software! Everything is easily accessed. Great integration with email services. Extremely organized layout. I miss using this product and will certainly advocate it at every step I am able.

Cons

I dislike the fact that my current employer is not using this fantastic program. As mentioned above, I will advocate for the use of this product at every step! Great job Applied.

Denise from RTI Insurance Services

Worth the switch but you need patience

Our president loves the sales pipeline. It gives him the opportunity to visually SEE what the sales people are doing on a weekly basis which he loves. If you want to grow your sales and see exactly what's going on with each sales opportunity then EPIC is the way to go.

Pros

I like that with the sales part of EPIC, you can customize to exactly how your agency handles it's sales pipeline... it's NOT one size fits all... you can adjust how many stages in the sales pipeline, what the stages are called, reasons for not getting a sale, etc. I also like the quick reports. I have so many people who ask me for reports all the time. I don't want them to access to run reports but I can set up the report they want and send that report to them so they can run it whenever they want.

Cons

On the accounting side, it's very unforgiving... you have to do things exactly EPIC's way and that can be VERY confusing in the beginning since its so different from TAM especially how commissions are entered. So you must be patient, go slowly and don't try to rush because then you create more problems. Also, make sure your accounting dept is fully involved in the configuration... ours wasn't and it created a lot of problems in the beginning that we're still sorting out.

Worth the switch from TAM

We are nearing 8 months post activation and finally starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel and overall benefits. Lots of customization appeal that we hadnt had before, and the system allows ease of attachments and data sharing that we didnt have before. Customer support and on boarding/pre configuration could used some improvement.

Pros

Epic is much more comprehensive than its predecessor TAM, and a much more interactive user experience. I am able to customize the system much more than before, both on an individual and administrative level. On the admin side, we were able to set various security groups, and select user/department access as visibility which had previously been more difficult in TAM

Cons

Customer support is tough, and getting the right answer depends on who answers the call. There was also a large learning curve in the beginning, and the on boarding provided by Applied was not as comprehensive as I believe was necessary. Also, it was sold to us with capabilities for a Benefits system, which is not quite the case and had to be built out on our own. The biggest complaints from our account managers were the number of generated activities and tasks, in addition to system locks.

Sheila from McGoey Bros Insurance Brokers Ltd

Epic-Review

Epic has really streamlined a lot of our work load, and automated much of it. the downloads have everything on our system easily and accurately

Pros

I like how once you a familiar with epic there are many useful tools with it and how it flows, the ability to move files within in just a few clicks Epic is great. The integration of client detail on to the documents your preparing is a great time saver as well. Also loving the ability to copy and paste off of attachments, once I have a bill of sale there is no need to type out the vin# several times as i'm processing my changes.

Cons

Really I don't find anything I would call negative about Epic, although it really took a while to get use to the program and all its features, I certainly felt like I was little overwhelmed at first, but now I would not want to go back to our old system.

Patti from Heidi Kussurelis Agency, Inc.

Applied Epic is a Must Have for our Office

Applied holds a conference every year. This conference allows agencies to learn new things, new tips & tricks. The number of learning sessions offered during the 4 day event is unbelievable. In addition, Applied has it's own client support group called Applied Client Network. This network allows anyone to reach out for help from other end users. Of course Applied has its own IT Dept, but sometimes it's nice to talk something thru with other agencies.

Pros

We transitioned to Applied Epic from another Applied product, and our office loves it. Epic is truly a windows based program and can integrate with different products and software from other vendors. Plus it can be customized to your agency's specific needs. It's a must have for any agency looking to remain relevant in our digit world.

Cons

Applied Epic has some built in "hard" limitations. I understand that those limitations are built into the program to keep everything consistent, I just wish that as the system admin I could override certain things and make it do what I want it to do.

Jeanie from Cecil A. Ross Investment & Insurance Group

Our company recently transferred to Applied Systems EPIC and it has streamlined our whole company.

It benefits our whole company by helping us streamline our processes and implement strategies that benefit us and our clients in so many ways.

Pros

We recently changed over to EPIC. It did have a few bumps along the way but the customer support was A+ and they sent us support to train us in person which was a HUGE help so that we could all train and learn properly and have a real person explain things to us. The program does help us streamline our processes and keep up with our clients so much easier. We can send out emails for business as well as to send holiday and birthday greetings/coupons and out clients do appreciate it. We can keep track of notes on each client as we service them and attaching documents couldn't be easier! We needed something like this and the name EPIC is perfect for this program.

Danielle from Mayer & Steinberg, Inc

A Must Have for Agents that do alot of Marketing

I like the product. It's like TAM 2.0. It's a must have if you are doing alot of marketing within your agency.

Pros

I love the marketing capabilities. You are easily able to input and track which markets you have sent accounts out to and what has come back. It helps alot when you are working with a team and someone needs to handle your accounts when you are out of the office.

Steven from Antiques & Collectibles Insurance Group

Epic Review

Epic has been great for our agency because we can customize things for our program. We write a specialty insurance program, so other softwares don't work for us. Epic does work for us because we have the customizable features that we can gear for what we need.

Pros

I like the customizable features you have the ability to do. I like how it does not look you in to a set way of doing things. As well as Custom Forms, they are truly so beneficial to specialty programs.

Cons

One of the cons is the cost of the software. It is a big pill to swallow, but if you use the features, it is well worth it in the end.

Jean from Waites & Foshee Ins.

The best Agency Management System

The reporting in epic is top notch. The reports give us a great advantage in running our business.

Pros

The reporting capability. I chose this product over others because accurate reporting is most important to us. Also the customer service is live and immediate. They are great.

Cons

I don't like that I can't get a report (like I had in TAM) where it annualizes 6 month policies for me. I have to pull the entire book of business into a spreadsheet and annualize the 6 month policies myself. I don't understand why TAM could do it but Epic can't, it's ridiculous.

Functional in some ways

Pros

It is user friendly. Clear and easy to understand. The reports are nice to have.

Cons

The certificate process is redundant. The box checking is ridiculous. Everything takes 3x as long. The accounting is not fun either.

Epic rev

Pros

I like the following information in regards to the use of Applied Epic: Lookup features, modern look, sign on ease, online training, Sales dashboard. Also I like how the certificates can be renewed and to choose to carry over the holders.

Cons

There are several things that can be complicated. For receipts of payments, I do not like having to enter the same information (check #, payment amount, company) multiple times. The fax is harder to use due to having to choose from information in the system only. The premiums do not show properly on the screen. When attaching a document to an activity, it does not show it also that you attached it. It does not show the company on an activity on the home screen. This is important for me as for some activities you have to check on them in the company and I like to group it together.

Michelle from Lawley Insurance

Applied Epic: Easy to Use

I work in Epic all day long in my position. I have used Epic for almost 6 years now and I think its a great tool.

Pros

I like that it is easy to search through attachment as activities. there are multiple filter you can use. It is also very easy to attach emails and other documents.

Cons

We have several large clients that have 200+ locations so it is difficult listing that many locations on the Epic property app. We are able to do it but it isn't as easy to read and you cant search within the app.

Kim from BancFirst Insurance Services

Applied Epic Review

Overall, I have not had any major problems with Applied Epic. It is not hard to learn how to utilize all the Applied Epic offers in our everyday business.

Pros

I like the ease of navigating in Applied Epic. I do accounting as well as account manager on the insurance side. The general ledger is thorough on disbursements and generating deposits. I also like that we can generate accurate accounting reports.

Cons

A small problem I have is not being able to delete an attachment or activity.

Angela from Kapnick Insurance Group

Applied Epic-an improved software

I feel Epic has saved a lot of time with processing and improved overall quality of work processed.

Pros

I enjoy the tasks that you can place inside each activity to remind you of your step in the process. The home screen is amazing to work off of everyday.

Cons

The transition. It took some time to get used to. Many of the things I struggled with in the beginning have been solved with upgrades to the system.

Donna from Father Son & Associates

Have all your Customers in one spot. Great Product easy to use

I think a system like this is necessary. Will be the first thing to open & it stays open the whole day. All customers, policies, notes, follow-ups in one easy place. Can send emails or faxes from the system.

Pros

This is the first thing I open when I get to work & it stays open the whole day. All customers, policies, notes, follow-ups in one easy place. Can send emails or faxes from the system.

Cons

No cons, system works and any problems are handled promptly & professionally.

Nichole from JLA Insurance Group

Applied Epic vs Group Benefits

We are using it company wide, but I only use it for my division - group benefits. Epic does help with keeping organized and on track, for the most part, for my division.

Pros

I have to say, I do like Applied Epic. It is very user friendly - after you do the three days of training on it to make sure you get it. Our other departments have so much use of the Epic software. It seems to be tailored more for their use. But, after finding some work around ways, it can be used for our division. It helps to keep everyone organized and on task.

Cons

What I don't like is this - my division does Group Benefits, and it's not really built for that. We have tailored it to our needs as best we could, and for some things, I feel like it could be improved to do more for benefits.

Shelly from Kapnick Insurance Group

Applied EPIC

I have had no issues in using EPIC at this time.

Pros

My favorite thing about EPIC is the marketing platform! I love that you can tailor each submission for each carrier.

Cons

I would like to see a way to label multiple lines of the same type of coverage to differentiate each one in the master marketing submission. This would make it easier to choose the correct application when dividing into individual submissions.

Robbyn from Community Insurance

Applied User Review

Overall good product. But expensive!

Pros

Great for managing accounts, lots of updates needed!

Cons

Not enough keyboard shortcuts, no way to pass along ideas to software engineers to improve, No way to organize reports, home policies don't have enough details, declaration pages should download too, some auto violations don't show enough details, not enough default options when it comes to viewing.

Amanda from MAG

Applied Epic Review

Great experience so far (for the past 3 years I've been using it).

Pros

Applied epic is easy to use, helps me stay organized, and makes it easy to discuss accounts with other people in the office where we can all see the accounts from our own desks.

Cons

I don't believe there's really anything I could say I like the "least." It used to freeze often, but it seems that problem was resolved.

Complicated but efficient

Pros

We upgraded from Applied Vision and it is a much more modern program. Takes a solid year to learn the program effectively and is hard to teach new users because there are so many functions. Overall it is definitely an upgrade.

Cons

Hard to learn and there are so many activities that I feel are unnecessary. Too many steps to go through to do a simple task.

Diane from A & B Insurance Agency Inc

Good system to get a quick price indication from a number of companies.

Fast price indication and a point in the right direction for which carrier to go to.

Pros

Transfer data input into agency management system. Quick buttons take you to the google map, Zillow and the property appraiser website.

Cons

Tends to lock up and stop working. RCE is much higher than most of my carriers. The Home Estimates shows only a few of my carriers.

Tara from Roberts Insurance Group

Epic Review

Epic is a great system and they are continually updating it for better functionality

Pros

The entire system works integrated very well. Drag and Drop Emails, Quotes, and Marketing module are super useful

Cons

There are some areas - like renewal (new section) that doesn't have enough filters, the home screen cannot sort by carriers as it is not a column

Melanie from Schill

CRS review

very helpful and easy to use.

Pros

everything I need at my finger tips. several search options are helpful. barcoding is a breeze. love 'links'

Cons

downloads and invoicing post on different days, but I think that's a insurer download delay. hard to reset passwords in applied community. slow speed when sending email attachment in EPIC.

L from Orion Risk Management

Great Product!

Our agency has really boomed since we moved to this product!! It really is easy to use!

Pros

Cons

Evidence of Property certificates are not very user friendly. I also don't like that I can't amend notes added.

Cameryn from Reliance Insurance Agencies Ltd.

Epic is EPIC

Pros

The ease of access, such as being able to email directly from within the system, keeping all files in one place and how it is all organized. At first glance in the quicklinks, able to access company portals directly through Epic.

Cons

It is geared to the United States. Other than that, not much else.

Jacqueline from Kaercher Insurance

Epic Thoughts from an Account Manager

Pros

Plenty of tools to keep you organized. Issuing proof of coverage is easy, and I really like the renew certificate/evidence feature that pulls expiring proofs forward.

Cons

Some workflows have a few extra steps or activities that are not always applicable, but you have to work through them anyway.

Alison from Beehive Insurance Agency

Excellent Program

Pros

Allows you to be very detailed. Very easy to service accounts, manage policies, certificates, and accounting.

Cons

One suggestion would be to allow us to create signatures when faxing/emailing certificates vs having to type out a whole email each time. That would be a big time saver.

Daniel from Sihle

Applied

Overall experience is great. Couldnt do my Job without applied

Pros

Easy to track clients correspondence regarding their account and policies. Easy to create Invoices and attach

Cons

A lot of activities codes. Should have a designated code list specifically Designed for each industry pre filled

Colby from Starr and Brown

Functional interface

The ability to communicate between employees is huge. We no longer have to worry about keeping up with what others do if they are gone because the notes are easy to find and read.

Pros

The usability of the program in comparison to our old software. We used TAM before, and it was pointless for me as a producer.

Cons

The only thing i don't like about this from a producer stand point is the repetitiveness. It seems like we go in and repeat everything multiple times.

Jennifer from Allen Insurance Group

Good Management System

Pros

It is a great way to keep all your clients together when you have multiple systems and carriers. If you write direct with popular companies the policies will download from the carrier directly which is nice.

Cons

They are tons of different features with is good but you end up not using everything to it's fullest capabilities. In the accounting portion of the system it is very hard to undo something if you make a mistake.

John from MJM Global Insurance Brokerage Group, Inc.

EPIC

I like EPIC and learn more every time I use it.

Pros

Cons

Report layouts can be a little difficult to line up properly. I don't like the an activity under a broker can not have Further Action to take send a letter, however a client can. Brokers licenses and E&O dec pages must be updated yearly and using an activity to send the email or letter would be very useful.

Paige from Sihle Insurance Group

So much more to offer

I have used Epic for a multitude of things while in my time here at the agency and there is still so much to learn. A lot of the capabilities are there, but there are some that aren't. Additionally, there are a lot of unused functions within our use of the system, which are actually replaced by other programs. Easier navigation of these functions may allow Epic to be a one stop shop rather than using multiple programs.

Pros

Once the procedures are followed, it's almost a no brainer to see why it was created like that.

Cons

The manual is not exactly helpful. It would be better if it was written in layman's language, rather than super detailed systematic language.

Bonnie from Intergroupe

Is this the Epic choice for you?

Pros

Latest broker management software on the market, with many options and a lot of personalizable options from reporting to dashboard. Automating certain tasks become a reality and for those not yet paper fre.. here's your opportunity! Commercial and personal lines one-stop shop. From receiving the eDocs and downloads to connecting with AppliedRatingServices (previously CompuQuote), it's a definite win.

Cons

Long term set-up with all the meetings to program seemed excessive, then the training and transition to the new system.. It was a much longer start-to-finish than originally planned and still adjusting to make it fit best. Very complicated reporting set up, also. Once all is set up, though, it's really a great BMS and has everything we need including a great support team.

My life is forever easier

When our agency changed DMS's I was THRILLED. I love hearing about all the tricks and helpful hints that Applied can do for us. It is truly a life saver and makes our lives so much easier.

Pros

VERY user-friendly and if used correctly it really helps our workflows feel smoother and less stressful.

Cons

Sometimes when it is stalling or not working correctly we literally can't do anything until it is fixed. We depend very much on this system.

Tracy from Ware Insurance

Epic Review

As a user since 2012, I highly recommend Epic to anyone who wants to convert from TAM or any AMS product.

Pros

So much better than TAM - very flexible and easy to navigate.

Cons

Better integration with Outlook, some accounting functionalities could be improved.

Andrew from Bernier Insurance Inc.

Epic Review - 2019

It's been a great experience so far

Pros

I like the ease of working within the software program, online/email connectivity, centralized tasking, etc

Cons

lock-outs, time-outs, extended time to log into Epic after updates, etc

EPIC is the best client management system

Being able to customize activities to our specific needs and have the follow up activities on a daily basis keeps me on track every day.

Pros

Ease of use and ability to track everything daily

Cons

Too many options, may ways to do the same thing

Patrick from The McGowan Companies

Modern layout, with lots of features.

Epic has a very simple tab and left side navigation, that expands when sub-categories are opened. The additional module available made the reach of the software extend into multiple departments.

Pros

Constantly getting updates from Applied. Software has a clean logical layouts. Ease of navigation is big to help with the training of new users.

Cons

The cost is a little high, and the use of the on-premise version vs the cloud-based is a little tricky when calling into support. Both version are still in production, but I get the feeling that on-perm will go away and we will be forced into needing a new solution.