All ProPet Reviews

Jasmine

Decent, affordable software package!

I had GREAT customer service during my trial phase, they responded VERY promptly to me and I got a direct person. As soon as that was over though, I automatically started getting kicked into a ''help ticket'' format, which I didn't care for as much, simply because it seemed to remove the personal element out of it. BUT they were still prompt with it (1-2 business days) so I can't really complain about that, just note that it removed a bit of the personal element of it. I adore their private facebook community, smart move on their part. I really wish they had more demo's on youtube. Specifically short, but detailed how to steps to accomplish micro tasks within their system. More of those instead of longer huge catch all video's that encompass several things.

Pros

Once you take the time to really go through and set it up to ''automate" everything for you, it's worth it. It's a killer going through and setting that up at first though (expect to put some hours in getting it fine tooth combed before it's smooth). Overall I think the portal via customer side of things is very slick looking, almost all of my clients love the look!

Cons

I absolutely hate that my clients can't pick an actual ''service time/date'' for their request from an availability. I don't know if this is something they are working on, but this is the crux of the system for me. I don't want 50 million phone calls just to schedule this, I want them to pick their time/date and I'll ''confirm'' or ''deny'' the request, but I need to remove the element of back and forth here's x,y, z dates and times back and forth yada that could easily be eliminated. I've heard rumor they are working on this, just haven't seen it yet.

Tami

Unbelievable Software

Amazing price, amazing program, and amazing response when you have a questions (Although the software is so easy to use, that we rarely ask for anything) They have offered new things (incident report) which we a smart idea and we love it and are using it now for complaints so we can be on top of the issue asap.

Pros

There are TOO many great things about this program. Purchased a wonderful Daycare & Grooming facility that was high paced, and growing. I had tested out two other systems that were either not user intuitive or too costly. I reviewed the software over the weekend (YES 2 DAYS AND I WAS HOOKED). Implemented it the following month, and all the staff were using and loving within the first day. The reports are amazing to use. Emails to the customers works flawlessly, and we have customers using the customer portal to book appointments and they love it!.

Cons

The system data dumps to Quickbooks (You can run a report to ensure that it has worked which is great). The only issue is the the cross API with TWO TAXES doesn't work in Quickbooks. So when two taxes are transferred quickbooks gets confused and thinks the customer overpaid one of the taxes. Quickbooks says its not their issue, but it clearly looks like it.

Reasons for choosing ProPet

Did not want to do an RDP to a server software. Needed a customer portal Price needed to be affordable Had to be able to log in from anywhere Email system within the software Two taxes to be used for Grooming Services Multiple Users logged in at same time.

Samantha

Used for a week. Not worth it

Really a waste of money really mad I actually paid money to use this program.

Pros

Truly nothing beyond hard to get a hang of the system.

Cons

Everything. Never did me nor my staff get the hang of how to use it.

Response from ProPet Software

Hi Samantha, I'm sorry you were not happy with our services. You selected the Pet and Client Manager subscription, which does not include booking functionality, so perhaps this is why you had difficulty. We would have been happy to help you with your ProPet account in any way we could, however you did not reach out to us. We do everything we can to properly train our customers and their staff so that everyone has a good grasp of the system and feels comfortable using it. All the best, The ProPet Team

Replied September 2018

Sonya

Industry: Veterinary

Soild Program

Pros

Love remote access. It’s simplicity in design and use is by far the best ; I tried many of the top runners. Reports for anything you can think of — they are a huge help. Text feature, especially reminders are game changer. Saved tons of money on no shows.

Cons

Kennel view, while much better than other software is still visually very cumbersome and needs improvement. Unsure how much improvements will happen in future as they don’t seem to be making many changes or at least don’t communicate to customers if they plan to.

Reasons for switching to ProPet

Looking to better communicate with customers.

Katrice

Industry: Veterinary

Great Program

I sampled many programs when looking to upgrade. ProPet has more features available then my business needs or uses, such as online reservation. Great customer service and Tech support!!! They helped me switch over 3000 customers from my old offline kennel program onto ProPet. This would have been a HUGE headache if I had to manually input. I love so many features on this program!! Ability to login for each employee and being able to set access limits if needed. Go to a "Customer Overview" and see what they owe or if they have credit as well as pet information at a glance is great!

Pros

Easy to use, intuitive, even if you had been using another program.

Cons

We have found using a calendar when doing date of birth and vaccinations is our least favorite feature, it would be easier to just type in the date. Example: 10/5/18. The calendar style works well for check in/out.

Response from ProPet Software

Hello Katrice, Thanks for taking the time to review ProPet! We appreciate your feedback and do agree that the vaccination calendar could be easier to use - it is something we hope to improve in the future!

Replied October 2018

Mitch

Simply Amazing Software. A must for any kennel large or small.

I have had the pleasure of watching ProPet grow into a "must have" online booking software. The fact that it is not only easy to use but functions well 100% of the time is wonderful. It fully integrates with QuickBooks Online and saves hours on data entry for receivables. The support is friendly and prompt to respond. Not only am I an avid user for Sunnidale Boarding Kennels but a fan! Keep up the great work!

Pros

Ease of use

Cons

No signature in the reply function with email communications. Every business has signatures in their emails to remain professional. I have to type a full signature each time I reply and there is no logo or links our website.

Response from ProPet Software

Hello Mitch and the Sunnidale team, Thank you so much for your incredibly kind words. We are so lucky to have had you in our Beta program and as a continued valued member of the ProPet family. We love getting feedback, and since submitting your suggestion we have added the signature option! To include it in your emails, please go to Settings > Templates > Email and Notification. You can add your signature to the very last field titled Message Signature.

Replied January 2017

Absolutely Outstanding Product and Service

We opened our kennel in October 2019. Having studied and demoed several kennel packages we went with Propet. One of the best decisions we made. I'm extremely pleased with the software and thrilled with the customer service.

Pros

-Our customers like it -Dashboard arrangement -Options and custom settings -CUSTOMER SERVICE - OUTSTANDING -Reasonable Price -Cloud based -Interface

Cons

There are a few minor nits but nothing worth mentioning and they are always making improvements and additions to the functionality which they keep in an easy to see little icon on the lower right of the screen that you can click to see a log of updates.

Reasons for choosing ProPet

Cost and functionality.

Response from ProPet Software

Thank so much for taking the time to review ProPet! We are so glad to hear ProPet was one of the best decisions you made and we look forward to helping you grow!

Replied December 2019

Jonathan

ProPet has really helped us build our business from the get go!

Manages my clients and our business day to day. I think it is a growing product meaning that there are some things that are ok but improving. I think it is a good sign as it is always getting better. The reports are ok but they are all being updated and advanced moving forward.

Pros

The software is very user friendly and spans a strong variety of services. I am pleased with the choice to go with them. Not to mention I strongly praise their support as they are very quick to respond to troubleshooting issues and functionality questions.

Gina

Time used: Free Trial

Customer support during startup was very helpful.

Makes my business more efficient.

Pros

Out of the 20 pet sitting software options I looked at, this had the most options for my business. Integration with other programs I am currently using. Reporting features.

Cons

Needs to be better tailored for pet sitting & dog walking. Can't easily schedule more than 1 visit per day for same client. Doesn't integrate with PayPal.

Response from ProPet Software

Hi Gina, Thank you for your review and for using ProPet for your business! Since we don't yet have a module specific to Pet Sitting and Dog Walking, I can understand that it doesn't totally suit all your needs. We do hope to tailor the software more to these types of services in the future!

Very responsive company

Easy to use. Comprehensive features for all aspects of my daycare/boarding/grooming business.

Pros

Very intuitive and easy to learn. Support is very responsive. Software is continually upgraded and new features are added.

Cons

No documentation or training materials. Online Help would be nice. Recent upgrades have caused some other glitches.

Response from ProPet Software

Hi John, Thank you for your review of ProPet! We really appreciate you taking the time to write about us.

Kelly

It has been an easy transition moving from our old program to ProPet

Easy to use Variety of options for client information Can access from anywhere

Pros

I like the fact that the transition was very easy from our old program to this one, this program is easy to use and offers a lot of flexibility. Customer service has been great in assisting me with any questions and providing information on certain functions of the program. I also like the fact that you are constantly improving based on the customer feedback and requests. I also love the fact that I can log in from anywhere to make changes or create a booking.,.

Cons

I wish there was a way to have payments allocated in to the particular service when dealing with a dog that is already checked in under one service. For example.....when I have a dig that is checked into daycare but is also getting a groom and paying for a class, rather then it all go under the daycare (having them be entered as an add on service), have the other services go under their particular service area all while keeping it on one invoice. I am looking very forward to having the commission report completed as well as I have 2 groomers on staff right now and their payroll take a while to go through.

Response from ProPet Software

Hello Kelly, Thanks for taking the time to review ProPet and for sending along your suggestions. We're glad that you found the transition easy!

Katie

Great customer service

Pros

Online booking for clients Customer service is excellent- always there to help when needed! Bright, welcoming look to the software

Cons

I dislike the new kennel view style - it is confusing to me I wish it was easier to book kennels so that the next booking automatically chooses a kennel where another dog is leaving that same day instead of an empty kennel.

Response from ProPet Software

Hi Katie, Thanks for leaving a review and for your feedback on our Kennel View. I have submitted it to our development team for review.

Cheryl

From the moment I emailed to get more information about Pro Pet, the experience has been fantastic.

Pros

It is very easy to learn and use. They are always updating the functionality as well. It is clean and nice to look at and our clients love that they can post a profile photo of their dog. We get compliments all the time on it - clients find it easy to use. The customer support is fantastic! They take care of questions/suggestions quickly and resolve issues within 24 hours typically. I love that we can modify it for our own use in terms of the information that we collect, and that we can collect all information online. I like that we can modify the emails that are sent to clients to ask for specific things, or remind them of things. It is so easy to use and adjust as we see how clients react to it and how the complete information. I highly recommend this software.

Cons

The daily reports could be sorted better in terms of how they print out. I would like to have a separation between drop off and pick up times so that the report is more visually appealing and easier to read.

Judy

Industry: Recreational Facilities and Services

It grows with you and gets even better as you go!

It is a great product that continues to provide us with the features we need to be an efficient business striving to provides great communication and customer service.

Pros

We have been able to customize the features to suit our business needs. We feel as though we are learning to utilize more of the features each month and it makes us increasingly more efficient. Whenever we have questions - customer service is very responsive!!

Cons

Some of our customers struggled a bit with the client interface, but that would be true for any software we chose to use.

Katherine