• Pros

• "Easy to use and a great teaching tool. Always a great tool and easy to record lessons with it."

• "Very easy to use and user friendly for both me and the students. I liked that I could use this product to post notes, video lectures and everything that I need into just one place "

• "It is very Handy and user efficient and lovely tool"

• Cons

• "It is more difficult to use by icon, rest it is good"

• "Affordability at times. I wish it was cheaper to purchase and also better discounts."

• "I can't say what I enjoyed least as I am still learning the platform. "

Browse Adobe Captivate Prime Reviews

Francis from CAD Creations Ltd

Captivate as a tool for LMS

Still a newbie will know more as i interact. However the features are what drew us to this software

Pros

presentation development and deployment as well as integration to adobeconnect

Cons

Instal was a handful and took very long.

Tony from Data-TrainingWorx Ltd

Captivate Prime - getting better

It has been good for setting up the programme - but I cannot really fully commercialise the programme until document security is better. It is easy to use, a good interface for learners. It has been a good experience but a little way to go yet in some parts of the application.

Pros

The product is evolving and starting to become a lot easier to use - a simple PDF manual would also help to bring new administrators on. It does the job well and the licencing is flexible. It is so much improved from around 18 months ago. I have found the product easier to manage and the addition of some simple features like deletion of modules has made content easier to catalogue and manage.

Cons

The product still has not adopted to meet commercial training provider needs, there is no paywall for example. There are also some simple things that commercial training providers need - after much discussion with ADOBE ACROBAT PRO DC teams, the pdf security (no printing or copy/pasting settings) are undone by PRIME when content is loaded (users can simply highlight, copy and paste content). This means a student or anyone accessing the programme can easily copy/paste content. This simply creates the capacity for IP loss. Its a small change I suspect - but critical in protecting IP for commercial providers. In the end I have had to use a workaround with MP4s. Support on the PRIME side was contradictory - despite ACROBAT testing the feature.

Reasons for Choosing Adobe Captivate Prime

Great pricing, it was obvious that early on that the product was in its infancy and I was in no rush to launch as I was busy creating content. I would not switch now as the product has evolved and is close to what I need.

Carolyne from Top Quality Recruitment

TQR - Review

Overall I think it's a good program, there are a few things that are missing but overall we are satisfied with the quality and usability.

Pros

It's easy to use. You're able to upload a wide range of documents to make it custom for learning.

Cons

There are some features that are missing that would benefit us... for example, setting a time limit on a course or building a quiz in the program rather than having to out source it. Ultimately, the more things you can host yourselves would be best in terms of ease of use as well as the ability to protect costs.

Reasons for Choosing Adobe Captivate Prime

Much cheaper and easier to use.

Hannah from EnergyLogic, Inc.

Industry: Environmental Services

Captivate - the reason we don't have a training department anymore. Endlessly buggy w/ rude support.

We no longer have a training division, because of Adobe Captivate & Adobe Captivate Prime. If you don't have an enterprise license, their support team has no interest in helping you. It takes a huge amount of evidence to convince the support team that your bug or complaint is valid, they insist on blaming you or the user. Everytime one bug was solved, another one appeared. When we realized that Captivate was more embarrassing than helpful, we had to close our training division. We didn't have the financial or time resources to re-build all of our training module on a new platform. While we used Captivate, it caused so many of our students to be angry at us. We had to give many refunds. Most importantly, it damaged our reputation.

Pros

The most basic level functionality is pretty simple to understand.

Cons

We built our entire curriculum on Adobe Captivate (100s of files). When we used Moodle as our LMS, we often had problems. For example, the user needing to enable pop-ups and unsafe scripts, the files freezing, and a student watching the entire lesson and then not having it register as completed. We assumed that Moodle was the problem. So, we moved our courses to Adobe Captivate Prime (which required considerable time and effort). To our dismay, the problems did not improve. If anything, they got worse. There are many things I could talk about, but the worst was the support. They were so unwilling to admit fault. A specific example of this is when they had a bug with the radio buttons in Captivate quizzes. The first several times I tried to contact support about the problem, they blamed the problem on the users. Only after I'd sent them several user complaints, screenshots, and videos did they start to listen. Even then, it took me being very assertive to get them to admit that the problem was on their end (& would take months to fix). Other issues: I couldn't manually mark buggy lessons as complete for students. Students had to enable "unsafe scripts." Many problems were unrepeatable - a students would send me a screenshot of a problem. I'd wouldn't be able to re-create. They they'd try again later and it would work. Because all of our lessons were built in Captivate & even Adobe's solution couldn't play them, we closed our training department.

Mitchell from West Coast Cannabis Stores

Solid LMS that's in the process of improving.

The software meets our needs, and hosts all content we need. It takes a lot of learning to grasp the system, and you will be doing most of the learning on your own. Certainly a competitive service. Definitely worth your consideration.

Pros

This software has all the features that you may be looking for in an LMS. It has some CRM features, can host all standard e-learning file types, has a social learning function, and allows for a solid user experience.

Cons

I didn't like how there is no method to execute all functions on the LMS without swapping between user profiles. Admin has certain permissions, as does the author and learner roles. It's your responsibility to learn which profile type does what. Additionally, the customer service is quite slow. If you're looking for quick support on the service, you'd be better off troubleshooting on your own. I rarely get an appointment with my CapPrime rep within the same week I request it. Finally, the system is inexpensive, but requires a big upfront cost. They currently only offer a 3-year commitment plan to the service. If I would've known about the speed of customer service I would've reconsidered our choice.

Reasons for Choosing Adobe Captivate Prime

Inexpensive price and ability to integrate with other Adobe applications easily. (e-sign, connect, acrobat etc.)

Kim from Necco

Industry: Individual & Family Services

Struggling Novice

[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] has been great to work with, however, when items need to be escalated sometimes the issue is with Captivate and not Prime or somewhere in the upload. It would be very helpful to have someone who understands both software. Also, the people at the help desk are nice, but I lack confidence in their knowledge. There have been a couple of occasions where they think something can be done, but when testing it, realize it cannot be done. If this is my escalation point, I feel they should be experts. Something as simple as the non-optional playbar should be common knowledge with an expert.

Pros

Ease of updating courses. I appreciate the sandbox so that I can test and learn. The ability to add branding. Preview as learner.

Cons

Toggling between Author and Administrator when uploading a course and assigning learners. Non-optional playbar. Deciding on how many points are needed to complete a skill. When the system is new it is an unknown number. Some modules within a course receive a checkmark when complete, but some show complete, but a checkmark is not displayed. This is confusing for the learner. Set incidents for completion based on when the course was pushed. For example, if a course is pushed automatically and should be completed within 2 weeks. It appears that the software will all set an actual date due.

Reasons for Choosing Adobe Captivate Prime

The presentation seemed more user-friendly than it actually is. I liked the option for social learning. I liked the graphics on the dashboard. It had more of a high-tech look. I felt that Adobe products, in general, are focused on being high-tech and therefore, the product would remain fresh and current looking.

Naila from Raireen Learning Centre Inc.

Adobe Captivate Prime Review from Naila

I enjoy using and developing learning programs on Adobe Captivate.

Pros

I was very thrilled to see that -Publish in various devices - tablets, mobile phones, desktop. - Publish projects on devices that support HTML5 which are iPad and iPhone. - 360 degree learning experience feature - VR images integration and augmented learning. - Customizable overlay such as blurbs, audio content and quizes - 2D and 3D view options - SCORM compliant helps - it gives completion status, scoring and quiz results. -

Cons

Concern: Adobe Flash wis going to discontinue in December 2020. So we don't know what changes will be required to add in Adobe Captivate Prime after Adobe Flash is gone.

Reasons for Choosing Adobe Captivate Prime

- I feel very comfortable using it and creating my elearning programs which can be viewed on different devices by my learners. - Features are far more trendy and user friendly.

Ali from F-Secure

Best SCORM Training Creation Software

Very positive

Pros

The software does everything you can imagine when it comes to creating SCORM training and testing it. It's cross software support with other Adobe products is a big plus point as well.

Cons

It has certain shortcomings when it comes to dealing with languages such as Arabic. It lacks support for languages and display issues for characters that are right to left. Plus there are language character related bugs that stop user from exporting training and make it go into an infinite loading loop.

William from Universidad Autónoma de Bucaramanga

Good trial but expensive

Excellent LMS

Pros

Pretty well organized , attractive , easy to use , a lot of tools , many connections

Cons

Very expensive , we can’t afford it , I am a teacher trying to offer to my university an lms , but I know they would pay all that money

Alisa from Wenco

Good product, except for the customer support

Pros

Simple and clean look, the main features work well, overall good feeling about the product.

Cons

Everything is great until you face a problem. Then you will struggle with the customer support, which is all outsourced and responds to emails after two days at best. After it does, if you had a simple problem, it will be solved. If it's not that common, you will struggle for weeks until someone figures out what was wrong. The second thing is their certifications. You can't upload your own certificate through your admin profile. You need to contact support over and over and they will ask you to create a template in HTML, and then it will not work for no reason, and you can't test and fix it yourself. Seems like this feature just doesn't work, and you can't provide your learners with a printable certificate, only a badge in their profile. External groups are completely separated from the internal ones, so it's much easier to use the system for your employees than for your customers.

Reasons for Choosing Adobe Captivate Prime

Pushy selling strategy of Bridge.

IN Seach of tommorrows learning and development software - The Future Self Learning Workforce

The overall experience was really good. I tried to see whether a project program could be written to onboard the technology within a company or clients organisation Mainly step by step guidance and some ideas on adoption to ensure the program will be integrated within an organisation. Especially the current new employees joining companies who are used to contributions on digital platforms. Becomming subject matter experts in fields of their profession. I received a small content edittor which was easy to use and could create rapid content. It was easy to use. If the employee workforce will have the tools available to create content easily and have a system available it could support many areas of business. From product development and all the training content it might require. I hope this trend will coninue and see a system LMS as key within organisations investing in Onboarding , Allow Emplyees be well informed. But also more formal as in complaince and mandatory training requiremnts. Espessially now the governemnt has strickly created legislation for ocmpanies to provide learning and development to ensure future growth and organisations need to invest in development of their employees. No by default get expertiese outside your company first train or ensure you r current employees are enabled with LMS. Dimissial without a training or proven development program will not be tollerated by govenrment.

Pros

There are a lot of functionality I came across which supprised or liked during my short journey in Trial. From the challenges, Badges and points scorings to the social learning and the numerous integrations with content providers to have an uptodate curriculum. Also the features to create content for company employees to allow for a companies Mission Vision and core values being regularly distributed and compliance or code of conduct during onboaridng of new employees seemed easy to use and administer.

Cons

I had a excel file with dummy users - fake employees which I tried to upload. This was not such a success and the infomation available during this process was limited. e.g. error messages where limited and the descriptions on how to create and upload where not that extensive. Overal not a big issue but tricky to get right. For prodution I read there is various integrations options so this was one time.

Richard from PCS Custom Training Solutions LLC

Improving

We offer outside contractor and visitor training to our clients. This platform has served us well.

Pros

I understand the difficulty in creating a single LMS that will satisfy everyone. We all have very different needs. There is steady, albeit slow, improvement in functionality and features. The options to have different domains and the ability to share content between domains is a nice feature. Much easier to navigate and set up than other LMSs I have used. Customer support has been very responsive.

Cons

The requirement for an email address to log in. I serve a clientele that is not tech savvy and many do not have an email address(I know hard to believe in 2019, but true). You can use a fake email but then the ability to recover your password does not exist. The lack of password control by administrators can be problematic. My usage is external. Many people logging in from all over the country. If they have a password issue I can not help them. The placement of a cookie on your system every time you log in. If the learner does not use the "Sign Out" option and just closes the browser it makes it impossible for another to log in until that cookie is cleared. This is an issue with clients who use the same computer for many users.

Nohemi from Walmart

Captivate Prime LMS

You can host certifications internally or by a third party. For internal, you need to define the courses that a learner has to complete to achieve completion status and the period the certification validity. All learning activities (assessments, skill level attainment and learning status) are automatically tracked, and managers can generate reports or subscribe to get them automatically in their e-mails and receive notifications for participants’ learning activities (certifications, enrollments, unmet deadlines, etc). This tool also helps engage learners thanks to these tools: • A dashboard to get a glance of their courses, overdue or deadlines, recommended learning, calendar and achievements. • Learners can see valuable skills for their position and find courses that help master those skills. • Gamification for rewarding desired behaviors. Earn and compare points with their colleagues based on rules that managers set. There are Bronze, Silver, Gold and Platinum levels and badges for students upon completing a course. This LMS also allows authors to create a course / learning program to drive a larger training goal that would span across individual courses. Also, you automatically assign courses or programs on the occurrence of certain events (promotion, relocation). Moreover, you can create catalogs with access to a customized set of learning material. Job aids can also be added for learners to access without having to enroll for any specific learning object

Pros

This platform is really interesting for learning managers. It has many features that allow an effective learner administration and different ways to manage users (external or internal). You can add users by uploading from a spreadsheet, create groups of learners based on location or business unit, use self enrollment or automate the adding new users. It also supports interactive content like Scorm, AICC, Tincan and regular content like Videos, Pdfs, PPTs, word and excel files.

Cons

The tools to create courses are very basic so it is recommended to create courses using other tools like Captivate and upload the content. You can also add activities and tests, but they also have to be created using another tool because it only allows you to add an external URL for learners to refer to, or have students submit files.

CHRISTY from MILLENNIUM TRUST COMPANY

Good LMS choice

We are very happy with our decision on using Adobe Captivate Prime as our LMS. It has suited our needs and it continues to have enhancements made to it. I have enjoyed working with the Adobe team, and they have been very helpful in multiple occasions. We have received very positive feedback from our learners on the easy of use of this product.

Pros

Adobe Captivate Prime is very easy to use. Our learners had no problem fully getting up to speed with how to use it. We enjoy the leaderboard as a way of being competitive with others. As an Admin, I feel like it is pretty straight forward with regards to adding courses, learning plans, and content. The reports feature is very good and continues to get enhancements made to it. All our courses work fine in the fluidic player with no issues. I like the dashboard and My Learning as a way for learners to view the status of their learning.

Cons

I have noticed a few bugs in the software that were reported. Some issues have been fixed and some are still outstanding. I would also prefer to have more control on when my self-paced courses expire. Currently there is a default expiration of six months for courses we want to keep available for longer. Since we have over 400 courses in the LMS, it will be a long process of re-publishing all the courses when they expire. The technical support availability could be a little better. I seem to mostly receive my communication from them in the afternoons (CST). Sometimes it would be nice to get a quicker response when there is an urgent issue.

Emily from AAA Carolinas

Best Editing Software for Businesses

It's a trusted label. The marketing is perfect and helped me choose the right tool to use that will help save time money and effort.

Pros

I really enjoyed the ease of use. The software has minimal bloat or ads so its really easy to know exactly what to do or to help prevent people from making mistakes or getting lost in the beginning of a process. I've has several customers I ended up recommending this software to because they need to work on certain documents. Sometimes they dont have access to a printer or scanner so I can get their documents back right away.

Cons

I dislike that it doesn't come with more instruction. It does have a learning curve but it's not too hard to figure out. I would like to see more webinars on the website instructing businesses and users on the best way to use the software.

Sascha from Viking

Its simple and it works

One of the best features of using captivate prime, is that you can get going with a fully fletched LMS within 24 hours - fully branded and organised! ...and the pricing model is fair compared to common competition.

Pros

Captivate Prime is an out-of-the-box LMS. It has all standard features needed for an effective and fun learning environment including gamification elements such as leaders boards, badges and general points. The interface is both, intuitive for the user and the administrator and can easily be customized to your personal preferences and access rights. The hosting of content is open to all types of SCORM compliant content, but also simple text files, graphics and videos. The structuring of programs can be done according to a single file system as well as clustered items in a program structure. One of the key performance tools is the mobile app provided. The app gives you the full spectrum of the desktop version, including an offline capability.

Cons

If you purchase this LMS via a volume license program (rather then buying a few licenses with credit card online), then it is recommended to find a local ADOBE certified dealer. The customer service team in (I believe ) India, is friendly, but very slow in the response and it takes several attempts to get things done. Therefore, using a local certified dealer and letting them deal with the headquarter, does not necessarily speed things up, but it does save you a lot of time.

Chantelle from Fiverr

An intelligent LMS Solution for eLearning and Enhanced Engagement

One of the major problems that we were trying to overcome was how to deploy our eLearning modules, presentations, and learning plans while still tracking user engagement, retention, and participation all without requiring our own hosted server. Adobe Captivate Prime delivers this solution while providing us with exceptional support.

Pros

The major positive that has Adobe Captivate as our top choice is the wealth of functionality that it comes with. It completely blows the competition out of the water where features are concerned. Whether you want to record training presentations, do screen capturing, schedule notifications and reports, create learning plans, or incentivize your learning modules, prime basically has it all. The program is intelligent in its format delivery allowing our users to change their languages, formats, or playback methods, and it enables enhanced user engagement through offline learning, gamification, badges, bookmarks and revision notes. Unlike other programs, Adobe Captivate delivers for those who want to create an enjoyable eLearning experience.

Cons

Despite Adobe Captivate’s attempts at a more modern user-interface with flat menus and no hidden buttons, the software is not intuitive for those jumping in for the first time. Unfortunately, a lot of the functionality of the software is buried deep within the thick menus and because of the single web page architecture, you need to invest in a lot of time to sort through the program to find what you need. With dozens of buttons and menus, you end up investing a ton of time into experimentation and tutorial reading. This is definitely a piece of software for those who want to use it and nothing else, as jumping in and “going with the learning flow” is not as easy as they make it sound.

Customer Training Tool

Overall, we are new users, but we are moving forward at a good pace with our project and Captivate Prime has been fairly easy to set up. We are looking forward to expanding our use to internal employees and foresee a long relationship with Adobe!

Pros

There are several functions in Captivate Prime that have met the needs of our company. First of all, we needed to grant access to a course or group of courses to our customers based on a 12-month contract. The pricing structure and ability to purchase blocks of users on a 12-month schedule works perfectly for us. Also, we needed the ability to assign certain courses and certifications to specific customers. The Learning Plan feature is easy to use, contains just what the customer needs to complete, and we can set up an instance that coincides with their contract so that reminders are sent prior to the expiration date of the learning plan. One final feature that really met our need is the mobile app for customers who will complete our training "on-the-go". We really like that the lessons will pick up where the learner left off and allow them the flexibility they need.

Cons

There are several things I have had to research extensively to understand and it seems like they online user guide could be much more detailed. I don't understand why I can't delete User Groups that I created during testing now that I don't need them any longer. Doesn't make much sense. One recommendation I have is to disable all emails/notifications as you begin and then go back and select those that you want. There are too many in my opinion and they are redundant. I want to respect our customer's time and inbox - too many emails can be off putting!

Features, pricing/purchase structure

Mercury from Education

A Very Practical LMS

My overall experience with Adobe Captivate Prime was exceptional, that is in the case of developing and publishing courses. My challenge was trying to provide adult learners with a nontraditional approach via online/hybrid that would most effectively increase their attention and learning.

Pros

After exploring a number of LMS's, I found that Adobe Captivate Prime was very practical. If you so happen to be using Adobe Captivate you'll find it very easy to publish your work. In addition, the tabs are clearly identified with all of the functions clearly presentable. Moreover, the LMS was fairly easy to use especially considering the accessible help prompts and tutorials.

Cons

While I loved the flow and crystal layout, I found it to be too boxed in for the clients I was trying to reach. In other words, I needed a bit more engagement and interactivity beyond the software; I desired to engage my trainees in collaborating beyond simple discussion boards and games. I wanted to provide real life experiences that incorporated social media outside of the software. So, while I loved the simplicity and structure, I desired professional coaches and mentors to supplement my trainees with real time experiences.

A great LMS

Adobe captivate is a robust and capable application that provides a ton of features and integration with other sources. When you first create an account, you have access to four different profiles, each providing you with a different set of features and tools. You can be an author, an administrator, a learner or an integration admin. This separation keeps things organized and less confusing. The UI is also very clean, intuitive and comfortable to navigate. The learning experience is broken down to six different options: Job aid, learning programs, learning plans, certification, catalogs and courses. The courses are the most basic and include a list of all courses available. The learning program is for instances where a learner needs to learn a particular subject. A learning plan is designed for future learning in the event the learner has new developments requiring additional learning or training, like a promotion, the need to acquire a new skill and so on. The catalog is a comprehensive and organized place where all courses pertaining to a particular area of interest are grouped. The certification path is for gamification and for industries requiring it. Finally, the job aid option is accessible without the need to enroll in a course. The content can be documents or links to external content, but cannot be a learning module designed by an authoring tool. The great thing about the Prime LMS is that it integrates with other learning platforms including Lynda and LinkedIn.

Pros

1. Covers various methods of course delivery 2. Integrates with external content providers. 3. Makes it easier to define a skill and provide content covering it. 4. Provides the user/admin with several views in the same tab, eliminating the need to have to sign in on a different page to see the learner’s perspective 5. Great built in tutorials. 6. Many options to set up automatic emails upon the happening of an event, all organized by categories

Cons

1. The service is a bit expensive as it is based on the number of users and does not include a flat fee for a set number as provided by other services 2. Cannot use interactive content for job aids

Ryan from Los Angeles County Metro

Great LMS for a Fair Price

Pros

Captivate Prime is a great learning management system that offers all of the necessary features to help businesses excel in their e-learning programs. It also allows you to pay per user without an unreasonably high "minimum user" requirement.

Cons

The inability to create quiz content within Prime itself is the only feature that I think it is really lacking. Quiz content must instead be authored in other E-learning creation programs first, which can then be hosted on Captivate Prime.

Andrew from Dowell Windows Pty Ltd

Industry: Building Materials

A modern LMS with some standout features

Pros

Easy set up and smart rules There are several smart rules which can be built into ACP which allow automatic assigning of teams, courses and learning paths when someone is created or registered in the system. Other LMS’s provide this, but the way this is set up in ACP is intuitive and smart. It drastically cuts down the time needed to get people up and running on the LMS and will save the time that LMS administrators would usually take setting people up. Offline Content ACP seem to have done this better than any other LMS I have trialled. The ability to download all course content and use the system offline, while still experiencing the system as if offline, is a superior offering from ACP. Publishing from Adobe Captivate We already use Captivate to create our eLearinng content and publish our SCORM compliant training packages. Having a system that allows us to publish quickly and easily from our eLearning authoring program to our LMS saves time. Instructor role One unique part of ACP is having a dedicated instructor role which allows training instructors to log in and manage all of their training activities. Other LMS’s have this but tend to be quite complex. The way a user experiences this in ACP is simple and easy to use.

Cons

The software is a little pricier than other LMS's out there on the market.

Juergen from Makino

Industry: Machinery

Review from Makino

With the platform we are able to make training easy available for all our learner and helps to create a learning culture. We can share training between different global platform.

Pros

Easy to use and to understand. possibility to share contents with other platforms. Android and IOS app. Everything starts with the skills approach. Possibility of different language for one content. No plug in necessary for the player. Reporting module. Possibility to work with the different roles. unlimited storage space. Support is doing well.

Cons

Learning calendar is not working well and don't give a good overview about all classroom training planned. Migration of skills or other things to complicate. No calendar about the utilization of all instructor available . Calculation of the effectiveness should be different in case L3 feedback is disabled since the L3 feedback does not make sense for the most of short online courses. In the view of the courses as a admin or Author we need filter to separate classroom training from online and courses shared to you or shared to others.

Maxwell from ProQuest

Industry: Libraries

Adobe Captivate Prime LMS review

It is a modern LMS with great features, reduces set up/course upload and deployment time and takes off much of the burden of tracking and user engagement from the content owner.

Pros

The market for LMSs is consistently on the increase, with evolving needs based on the end user and other factors in between. Most platforms have evolved but this is especially true with the UX experience for Adobe Captivate Prime. I find that captivate prime has most of the current market standard features plus more. From features such as setting learning paths for students to others such as reporting, gamification and user tracking etc. I found the set up easy enough, even as a new admin user and was able to load content within a few minutes. I was especially impressed with the simple interface that reduced the platform learning curve for me and the course set up/deployment time. I think the option to break down a course content upload to three sections (core modules, prework modules, and testout) is a great feature. Although a little more work, this would improve tracking and provide more detailed usage data/student interaction with the modules. I also liked that it has gamification elements available for use for individual or group learning. On the pricing module, I like the flexibility to add and remove users on a monthly basis, which is ideal for selling subscription-based courses.

Cons

I would like to see a pricing module targeted at educational institutions as there currently doesn’t seem to be one. It is unfortunate that it seems only targeted at corporate institutions at this point.

Robert from TAMHSC - RCOP

Steep Learning Curve

The learning curve on Captivate was pretty steep, more people will see Captivate at first glance as something similar to PowerPoint and jump feet first. Unfortunately that is impossible with this program, you will have to learn the basics through tutorials, but that is ot necessarily a bad thing. Once I became more familiar with the functionality of the Captivate I was able to be more creative in my design. Even advancing beyond the basics that one could learn from tutorials. I will say, that I did not learn as much as I had liked I only had the 30 day trial, but I am thinking I will be purchasing the product in the next 3-4 months. I'm looking forward to opening this program up and see all that it can do; I just hope it can fulfill all my expections.

Pros

I enjoyed the fact there was enough features that it allowed you to create whatever you wanted to, to a point. I liked the ability that it gave you a true responsive capability, especially as elearning moves to more to mobile platforms.

Cons

The two things that were really on my dislike list, first not being advised that it is best practive that you should go into settings prior to beginning your project and turn on backup; why isn't this automatic. Second, the application would often become unresponsive while saving, I tried this program on three different computers and they all did this.

WandaJean from GE Healthcare

Best in Class

My team employed ACP to support a sales team. This team was frustrated with how cumbersome it was to load training onto the existing LMS and learners needed a better/mobile experience. We achieved BOTH with ACP. There's no turning back now.

Pros

The software is absolutely up-to-date. Learners have mentioned that the learner-centric interface and functionality are what they appreciate the most about this system. It's easy to interact with the content in the mobile app as well. They are motivated by the gamification options and by each other. Customer support is relatively fast and very personable.

Cons

Our Admin team setup mock courses and learning programs for testing purposes only. We went back in to clean out those test files, but the system would not allow us to delete them. We have to live with these test files in the archive. Not a showstopper, but it's silly to not be able to delete them. Also, there are some cases where the L&D team wants managers to review/grade their own employees easily. This was not an automatic option in the system.

Néstor from DTI-CO, C.A.

I use Captivate to create interactive eLearning materials for different phases of learning process

I can make an interactive multimedia lesson very quickly; a lesson with a menu to different sessions (linking objects to different sections is the key); and not necessarily the links have to be texts. So you can have an iconical or metaphorical menu.My students get the main benefit of my use of Captivate

Pros

I useCaptivate to animate multimedia materials in which a character presents information at a corner of the screen, and his/her voice is heard while texts, graphs, and illustration appear and disappear on screen. This means, audio is most important, and therefore I can use my creativity generating subtitles which users can read in case they have problems with audio, so that they get the information just posing their mouse over the character´s image, for instance. Mouse-over effect isideal forhiding information on screen, and making the learner to interact with material. Another important feature for me is the possibility to have a space where learner can write information while having a lesson. Making tutorials for applications and software is very easy, as well as for teaching how to complete a process (the how of learning. Tests are also easy to build. And the time-line helps me save a lot of time when developing.

Cons

The fact that I have to upload four different files to a folder in order to link to the executable, so this can be seen by the learners on my vortual room is a bit tedious.

Cassie from RAE Corporation

RAE Corp - Captivate Prime Review

It has been good. I wouldn't say great. The customer support is good, very responsive and friendly but often they don't have a solution or explanation for what I need help with. The product is good. It's user friendly but sometimes it can be glitchy and doesn't seem to accommodate every thing that we need it to do in a manufacturing facility.

Pros

I like the new social aspects, developing content and always having fresh content is a huge tasks and I have a very small team so I can see how that will be extremely helpful especially for professional positions. It is very easy to use, I demo's several learning management systems before deciding and this one seemed most practical and affordable. My rep is great and very responsive.

Cons

The reports. It does an okay job of reporting what activities have taken place, but there is still a lot of information that we need that we cannot easily get. We have to do a lot of manipulating in excel to get the info we need. Examples: who can who has logged in but it doesn't tell you who hasn't logged in. You cannot export a report from the content library to easily see what all content exists in the system. Admins don't get notified or have a central place to review what is happening in the social aspect of the system or course discussion boards so it is very hard to control and make sure people don't post anything that would be considered unprofessional or misleading. We need our employees to engage in and track their hands on training but they work in a manufacturing setting, they aren't at computers all day, they don't have access, and most don't know how, to upload a document to confirm they completed an activity module. Because many of our employees don't have computer access on the shop floor they also don't have work email accounts so it would be extremely helpful for them to receive push notifications via text messaging, I know that currently exists for billing and password recovery I don't understand why it isn't possible for enrollment notifications. Supervisors cannot communicate or do evaluations with their employees through the system. I know several LMS systems we demo'd did include that, I was suprised that Adobe didn't have something like that.

Reasons for Choosing Adobe Captivate Prime

You viewed several others that I cannot remember right now. Because Adobe has a reputation for creating great products. It's cloud based, it was affordable, and appeared to be user friendly, and some of the sales reps for the other products were not as responsive as we would have liked. We believed it accommodated more of our needs than it actually currently does.

Faruk from EgitimOnline

The latest ring of the chain is completed and Voltron has revealed.

The biggest problem today's world, using very different tools for doing business. However, when we use Adobe products for eLearning ecesystem, we have a single point of contact and support center. It gives us time.

Pros

Adobe Captivate Prime is the latest ring of the chain. We are using Adobe Captivate for rapid course creation and Adobe Connect for webinars. So, on the LMS side, Adobe Captivate Prime gives us an opportunity to manage our eLearning lifecycle from a single point. You have everything under the one band. It gives you a single point of support contact. On the LMS side, we have a great harmony with the eLearning courses which are created by Adobe Captivate. We are uploading our courses to Adobe Captivate Prime directly and manage them easily.

Cons

In my opinion, the user interface needs to be developed for user experience. But I can say that if you are using a big brand and have a good support user-interface is the second issue.

Jordanne from Children's Literacy Initiative

Great LMS software for people new to e-learning

Pros

It is incredibly easy to use, but has a lot of features who want to do more advance things with their e-learning. I really like that you can set up soft skill and compliance trainings within the environment with relative ease. If you are new to elearning and simply want to put videos or presentations online and track people's use then it is very easy and fast to do. However if you want to create incredibly immersive and intuitive learning for your team then you can also do that with a little bit of practice and experience.

Cons

Even though this software is super easy to use on a basic level it does get difficult to do more advanced things on your own. Unfortunately customer service and training for this software is not super extensive. When I purchased the system I had a representative from Adobe who walked me through the basics and initial set up and that was great, but beyond that you will have to seek out more support on your own to do more advanced things such as learning how to integrate Prime into Salesforce. Some of the features can be confusing and, as I often find with Adobe, their customer service online (not talking to a rep but actually just looking for answers online) can be very confusing and not helpful.

Brynette from University Hospital

Great product for on line training

Due to healthcare we cannot always have people attend classroom training. This product allows us the chance to train someone while giving them the chance to have hands on practice. It enhances the adult learning programs we have in place.

Pros

This product is interactive allowing the end user to simulate the software. The recording function is easy to use. Edits are simple.

Cons

Difficulty using the function of setting up a menu that needs to be in order and making the end user go through modules in order. The check mark and X functionality.

Janice from Foodtruly Ambitions Ltd

An LMS with lots of handy features especially for larger companies

Pros

Very good for Tracking Excellent Multi Tenanting configuration possibilities for a business that is a GROUP of companies. The Branding by use of a theme is a good idea. Love the email templates and automation within the system, it is a very handy feature for tracking learning, very handy indeed! Especially, for larger companies. The use of setting up a programme and Learning Plans with certification levels and gamification in the form of badges. This is a superb way of delivering Apprenticeships for the Apprenticeship Providers also who work with Employers of large corporations. A very Commercially viable product that will work seamlessly with their website, love the URL that they can get with their own name first. Love the idea of booking Virtual class sessions and Lessons so that there is complete tracking and accountability built in. As a registered Adobe user, I like the fact that I can create assets within the Adobe Creative Suite and then use them within Adobe Captivate LMS. The quality is very high in Adobe so I recommend the integration of Adobe assets with this LMS.

Cons

Found the course more suitable to commercial application. It is important to have all your assets ready to start building the course and it would take some planning beforehand. This is not an LMS for lighthearted course development, and I do see this LMS as best suited to an ultra security conscious commercial environment that protects its assets like fort knox! For this reason alone, as a business, I would buy it.

Isabelle from QUALIPRO PRESTATIONS

Industry: Airlines/Aviation

Experience

Pros

All in fact except the support customer

Cons

I have sent email at the end of the free uses delay. In way to know the price in adequacy with my actual team ( 2 licences as author and 1 as administrator ). One person have answer to me the 7 April "Hello Isabelle, Thanks for reaching out to Adobe and expressing your interest to subscribe for Captivate Prime. It will be great to know the feedback of our product and how was the experience of the trial period? Also, If you can help me how many learners will you like to start with, I can arrange the contract and other formalities for you to sign up. Looking forward to hearing back from your end. " I have answered, try to called you, for explain my needs but nobody have answered to me today....so due to the covid 19 I'm not in a hurry and my customers orders have been stopped. But If you are not abble to giving me access for three persons, what it will be if I need 15 access as learners... and engaged with my customers....

Paul from Douglas Web & Graphic Design, Inc

Industry: Graphic Design

Adobe Products Are The Industry Standard

We are teaching more people about our platform!

Pros

I love the ease of use and intuitive design of Adobe Products. There is obviously a lot of thought that goes into the platforms and that REAL users are helping with design and functionality.

Cons

The pricing is the only con - I hope that Adobe will make a conscious effort to make their products available for more income levels. Especially new businesses starting out because cost is everything.

Flexibility and design

Joe from eLearningJoe, LLC

The easiest, quickest LMS I've ever used

Pros

1. In less than two hours, I had set up Captivate Prime. I had no hassles or problems. 2. The menus and options are easy to understand and look modern. 3. Despite the ease of use, I can do just about anything I'd want an LMS to do with Prime. 4. I can set up user roles and permissions at six different levels, including Learner. 5. I can set up external users, those outside my organization, and send them all a link to let them set up their own login and password, saving me a lot of time and ensuring greater security. 6. Prime lets me set up sets of skills for learners to achieve and tie them to learning objectives. 7. I can upload courses, videos, PowerPoint, PDF files and more and they show nicely using Prime's Fluidic Player. 8. There's a free app to use Prime on mobile devices. 9. The Reports that Prime generates out of the box are very nice, and I can also create my own. 10. There are gamification and branding options too.

Cons

It would be nice if Adobe offered trials longer than 30 days for those who want to try out the product because it can take a while to really put it through its paces.

Gabe from National Eating Disorders Association

A future in e-learning

Pros

As the supervisor for the volunteer program at a national non-profit that relies heavily on the support of volunteers from across the United States, Captivate Prime allows me to streamline all of our training courses for new and established volunteers. Best of all, I am not left in the dark in regards to a volunteers training status. I receive live training updates so that I can measure an individuals training progress.

Cons

Our interactive training utilizes a variety of different learning modules including embedded videos. The Captivate Prime app in itself is a great tool because it allows the learner to take their training with them wherever they go. However, the app crashes pretty frequently especially when you have embedded videos in your project. Our training courses are designed for mobile devices, but I am hesitant to promote the app to our incoming volunteers.

Good for big corporations, not for the small entrepreneur.

I was attracted to Adobe as a complete subscription. I have a blended learning school. My goal was to create courses with Captivate and host everything on Captivate Prime along with the live classes. However, I felt there was no interest from Adobe to have me as a client, so I just moved on.

Pros

The interface was very clean and organized. It was easy to figure it out, easy and intuitive to set up. It was easy to customize and easy to work with.

Cons

I found it was a bit naked. I was looking for a complete solution with e-commerce and everything together which Captivate Prime did not offer unless you added other apps. This would increase the cost. I felt the software was being marketed for big companies and enterprises. I even called to understand if Captivate and Captivate prime were the same thing and the lady whom I spoke with told me my company was too small for what they were offering, which was quite disheartening.

Cedric from Be Real With God! Ministries

Captivate Still Works

I have used this since 2006 when the military was first trying it out and it very stable in use.

Reasons for Choosing Adobe Captivate Prime

Better use for what needs to be done.

Best tool for simulation

Good experience while developing the modules of various types with non responsive settings good animation and pure HTML output. If else programming makes difficult action in to simpler.

Pros

It is the best tool for simulation and responsive design for specific devices. I use it for development of e-learning modules

Cons

It has complicated programming as compared to other e-learning tool available in market

James from KPMG UK

For the expert!

This tool is one of the more complex authoring tools and takes a lot longer to master than other tools. However the Accessability features make it a must for all users.

Pros

So many features. The responsive nature within publish. Accessability features for disabled. Screen recording and mp4 publish output.

Cons

Lack of building up layers. Not the easiest tool to pick up and just develop with.

Angel from Panamerican Business School

creativity

I love the functions and how excellent it is to design actions and distance courses

Pros

The very interesting things that can be developed with the software.

Cons

There is not much information and the support is very basic

Maireanu from Yonder

Industry: Outsourcing/Offshoring

Good integration and standards

Pros

Accessibility: It's easy to access on the mobile and tablet using the app, It has good browser support. Its SaaS and cloud based so that is a huge advantage. Offline access is another plus. Interface: It’s modern and very intuitive, The single fluidic player for videos, docs and other content is a big plus. Customization: The courses and content can be easily created and customized. It allows branding and color themes too. Integration & Admin: It’s good that its SCORM and xAPI compliant and integration with external applications is good. FTP connections is a plus. Quick to publish as well.

Cons

Would be nice if it has internal conferencing integration instead of external integrations. Would have been nice to have more video tutorials on how to use the platform for different roles.

Amanda from Tarr Eye and Vision

Helping me Help People

It is very positive, I am able to give the customer what they need because of this software

Pros

I am able to transfer glasses prescriptions and other documents from our EHR. I use it also to transfer contact prescriptions too.

Cons

It freezes sometimes and I have to restart our system. I think it might be the server our computers are linked to and not the Adobe.

Mark from The CRM Team

Abobe - The epitome of quality

It was a bit of a challenge getting to know the finer details of the setup, but once that was done, it was an absolute pleasure.

Pros

The speed at which I can produce training material.

Cons

A few features or settings that are not easy to understand or use.

Tim from Sirona Dental Inc

Industry: Medical Devices

Captivate 2019

Creating CE courses and new training videos with extra flare is a breeze with captivate.

Pros

The new features, bookmarking and overlays, are game changers. The overlay feature allows the use of a current video, without editing the video, to make quick and easy CE content.

Cons

Still a little sluggish and slow especially making size changes to forms.

Janene from Bancsource

Captivate Prime Review

Able to push out large amounts of content. Difficult to manage the results.

Pros

The fact that it is automated. The ease of loading a training session into Captivate is seamless.

Cons

Not happy with all the reports, it is not easy to pull or user friendly for managers to use. As a learner I think it should be easier for a new user to find content.

Tarek from International Civil Aviation Organization

Industry: Airlines/Aviation

A great LMS

Captivate prime is a cloud based learning management system. This is known as web-hosting or Saas (Software as a Service) and for me is a positive feature. Generally SaaS is convenient for many companies to work with. Adobe in general has quite complex software so I expected the use of this LMS to be rather complex as well, however it seemed pleasantly seamless.

Pros

My main interest was simple integration with Adobe Captivate. Indeed, the 2017 release of Adobe Captivate provided excellent integration with Captivate Prime LMS. Discounts are offered after the 500 user mark. Many vendors only offer discounts after 1000 user mark. This was a great plus. Also Captivate Prime works with Tin Can, which is critical. It was easy to use and reporting was clear.

Cons

There is a lot of competition out there. It would have been nice if there was e-commerce.

Caner from Enocta

Easy to use, hassle-free and minimalist LMS solution

It is so easy to use. I did not ask "how to..." question in Captivate Prime. It showed me when I needed to.

Pros

From the learner perspective, I liked to customize widgets on my dashboard. It became more useful to me. As an admin, I would say I like the "Connector" simplicity. It was impressive. If you say to "importing users has to be painless", you should see that. "Instances" feature impressed me. Thanks to Instances, your users can take the different version of the course at different time periods. To add the new language version of a course, Captivate Prime offers a good user experience.

Cons

I think the "Learning Programs" steps need more user-friendly. All the things clear, I am filling the forms, selecting the correct options, but my eyes searched the next or save button.

Richard from Baker College

Adobe Captivate Used in College Class

I had to subscribe to Captivate for one-year to use while teaching a ten-week class. When I unsubscribed I still had to pay for 50% of the remaining subscription. Fortunately, the college agreed to reimburse me. I was curious about creating some spec Captivate presentations to illustrate novels that I've taught in the past, however, I did not have the time to pursue this idea. I think it's an area that has been overlooked. I'd be curious to know if any companies are developing literature supplements with Captivate.

Pros

My college students used Captivate in the capstone (final) course in their college media production program.

Cons

They caught on quickly but the software had limited options for exporting to other Premiere programs. The Captivate software was required along with a very expensive text for a ten-week course. The requirement for a year-long subscription was excessive. We spent the first weeks in class using on-line tutorials and then they used the trial period to create their projects. Colleges I teach at regularly require instructors to take Captivate-created policy presentations that keep staff on the same page. However, the information seems overly simplified and can be read and comprehended much faster than a Captivate presentation takes to play. Suggestion: Partner with Notes to create tutorials on literature. I think Captivate could be employed in other knowledge endeavors besides presenting boilerplate policy lessons for businesses and academics.

Victor from PLAEX

Industry: Environmental Services

My two cents

I think the software is great, it just needs some additions that will make it a flexible, comprehensive, and adaptable platform.

Pros

The ability to customize the interface in line with one's company branding.

Cons

The relative inflexibility in customizing organisational structure and access rights. It is possible but very limited.