All TutorCruncher Reviews

Stanley

A well developed platform with continuous improvement and new features.

Michelle

Tutorcruncher has literally made my administration so much easier.

Time is money and this software saves me heaps of time. It has also increased my business's capacity to grow without me having to employ another administration person.

Pros

- easy to track jobs and lessons - turned my paper lesson reports into electronic ones - empowers my tutors and clients - time sheets are managed once tutors mark a lesson complete - compared to their competition, price versus features is unbeatable - great support. The guys at Tutorcruncher area always very responsive and they are on the other side of the world for me

Cons

- Credit requests and invoicing is done a little bit different from how I used to do it and required a change to my internal business processes. If there is an amount still owing on a credit request, I'd like to see that marked as transferred to the invoice when the invoice supersedes that credit request - I don't use it to track tutor pay because our Australian casual employment pay rates are too difficult to implement. I simply export tutor hours and manually enter into Xero's payroll.

Response from TutorCruncher

Hello Michelle, thanks for the fantastic feedback! We are delighted that TutorCruncher has helped you streamline your company's services and that you have made the most of our lesson report. We are proud to know that we provide effective support even if we are on the other side of the ocean! We are working to improve the credit requests. Thanks again Michelle.

Bonile

This reviewer was invited by the software vendor to submit an honest review.

July 2022

Fantastic software, and great support!

Pros

Easy to implement and use for everyone in teams. It saves my time by proving a database management feature, automated personalized emails and other useful resources.

Cons

My website is made from templates and not through web development, so I am unable to intergrade other important features like white labelling the software. It makes it hard to win prospects but once won everything goes smoothly.

Payment method, and simplicity

Reasons for switching to TutorCruncher

Attractive payment methods and pricing in Tutorcruncher... While proving most of the important features.

Response from TutorCruncher

Hi Bonile, Thanks for the great review! We're happy to hear the platform has helped you save time with your business

Replied August 2022

Deborah

Spend time with customer service while you have the option, track the changes you make

Auto-invoicing is handy but we still don't know why the system doesn't invoice for sessions that happened. The system just ran an update that we weren't informed about it we had to start over getting to know it and make sure it was doing what we needed it to do. We are still having issues and trying to work out the bugs on our own. I wish we had better support in the beginning because I feel like I don't know the system well enough to trouble shoot.

Pros

Once automation is set up, clients enjoy getting regular updates and tutors enjoy having access to client information without having to contact us.

Cons

Customer support needs to help us fix our specific issues within the system instead of giving generic options based on the User Guide. We still have things set up the way that we would like for them to be because getting answers from support took so long and they never went into our account specifically to assist us. Our support person ([SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]) quit responding to us and then [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] (who is nice, but not as informed) tried to help and ended up causing more confusion and delays.

Reasons for choosing TutorCruncher

API integration, which we hope to use next year. Customer support, price.

Reasons for switching to TutorCruncher

We needed to steamline our tutors inputting their hours then billing the clients. The steps between were taking too long and we wanted a system to help sidestep all the labor intensive data entry that happened in the middle. Tutor Cruncher has helped cut down this process, but we feel like we are just working on other areas and the workload isn't less. It just moved.

Response from TutorCruncher

Hi Deborah, Thanks for taking the time to leave a review! That's disappointing to hear our customer support wasn't able to help assist with specific issues, but if you wanted to discuss those further you can shoot us an email at info@tutorcruncher.com and we can help you out :)

Replied August 2021

Ajla

Best software

I just love it. Its a great software with so many features that you can make use of

Pros

I came across Tutorcruch software in January 20, i wished i had come across before. I just love this system. Because of how smart it is, it has allowed me to develop new product and services

Cons

The coding part, but since i have passed all details to my IT officer who helps me with everything.

Reasons for choosing TutorCruncher

More friendly for younger students

Reasons for switching to TutorCruncher

I wanted a software where i am able to see everything i am doing and in addition i can look at my clients progress

Response from TutorCruncher

Hi Ajla, Thank you so much for your review! We are also very excited that you chose to use TutorCruncher and are enjoying it see much. We look forward to continuing to work with you!

Replied November 2020

Alexander

Infinitely valuable tool for a small-medium sized tutoring business

Pros

Sockets provide out-of-box integration with our own cloud-based platform and CRM Everything from billing, merchant services, tutor matching, online whiteboard integration is provided by TutorCruncher Simple job/lessons workflow Easy customizable forms and workflows

Cons

Socket needs to be better documented and provide more customization Hosting option is too expensive Should provide customer support in US timezones

Same as above

Reasons for switching to TutorCruncher

Tutorcruncher has a better integration option with my website and CRM system More customization options available Better integration with billing and merchant services The smaller company provides better tech support and a more personal experience

Response from TutorCruncher

Hi Alexander, Great to see that you're getting a lot out of TutorCruncher so far! Your pro list and benefits cover a lot of the points we're really proud of, so we're chuffed about that. I've made a note for us to work harder on upgrading the Socket documentation, and tech support from a US timezone is on the way too. Thanks again, Fionn

Replied May 2020

Lizbeth

Highly Recommend

Pros

TutorCruncher is a wonderful Tutoring Platform for any size business. I own a small tutoring business and this has been a reliable resource the company uses every day. The organization and layout of the client and student information is great. Tracking of lessons, reporting, and invoicing features are vital and are presented in a user-friendly way. There are many options to integrate other great platforms such as Zoom for virtual lessons. Additionally, the customization features are extensive. Overall, exceptional.

Cons

Starting out with this platform can be a bit rough. The categorization and functionality are challenging to get used to at first. However, there is a magnificent support team including [SENSITIVE CONTENT] that guides a new user through the platform and how to get the most out of it, also troubleshoot any concerns.

Reasons for switching to TutorCruncher

I used TutorCruncher in the past and in drawing comparisons, I realized that TutorBird was much more limited in functionality and did not have certain features I needed for my business such as creating multiple jobs for a single client at two different rates for both the client and tutors. Also, TutorBird has almost no customization.

Response from TutorCruncher

Hi Lizbeth, Thank you so much for your lovely review! It's great to hear that TutorCruncher has helped your tutoring agency & the switch hasn't been too difficult. We are excited to continue working with you in the future! :)

Replied October 2021

Very good tutoring management platform - has some downsides but overall I highly recommend it

TutorCruncher has been and still is a very good solution to my tutor management needs. My company relies on TC as a sign-up and login portal, making it super convenient and easy to professionally manage tutors and the tutoring itself, and appear professional too, all without doing much work!

Pros

It is easy to use and appears professional to most people, has lots of automaticity in-built you don't need to set up yourself.

Cons

Overall the UX design is a little confusing and looks a bit outdated, and the support staff take a while to get back to you (but not that long, just not instant).

Reasons for choosing TutorCruncher

Because it has much more features and an overall solid 'build' - everything you need is there and overall well laid out, for an affordable price. As long as you don't compete with my business in Canada (lol), I recommend using TutorCruncher.

Response from TutorCruncher

Hi, Thanks so much for getting in touch! We are very happy to hear that you are enjoying our platform. We are always looking for ways to improve and update our system, so we will be sure to pass your suggestions from changes regarding UX and other areas onto our team!

Replied November 2020

Mohammad

Tutorcruncher review

Has allowed us to solve many problems and make running our business easier. We've gone from using 4-5 excel sheets, to managing everything on a cleaner platform on TutorCruncher, which has led to much less hours spent on menial tasks.

Pros

It has made our life easier in terms of managing our tutoring company. We can organise our timteable, lesson reports, invoices, and sales/leads all on one platform

Cons

Sometimes lacks customisability, eg when formatting emails, invoices, etc

Reasons for choosing TutorCruncher

TutorCruncher seemed to have a cleaner platform

Response from TutorCruncher

Hi Mohammad, Thanks for taking the time to leave us such a nice review! Glad you're enjoying the platform and we look forward to continue working together in the future :)

Replied January 2022

Pascal

July 2022

Tutoring software review

Overall experience is really good. The support team is always available and very responsive. And for the price, TutorCruncher is an amazing investment. All the other softwares that I found online were way more expensive, either charging based on the number of tutors, or wouldn't have all the functions needed. I found that TutorCruncher was the best because it had all the functions I was looking for being a tutoring company with booking, scheduling, tracking, and accounting all becoming automated. It is an amazing software for tutoring companies.

Pros

The best part of TutorCruncher is the accounting. The automatic charging of clients through card payments, along with the auto generated invoice works really well. Clients only have to put in their card once, and after they are automatically charged by the system. The mass emails also is great because it eliminates tedious emails to clients that one would have to send manually, and keeps clients in the loop/up to date. The tracking of how much each tutor needs to be paid works really well so tutors can be paid at the end of the week/month, or whatever time frame.

Cons

The integration was a little difficult, just making sure everyone adjusted to a new system with accounts and booking lessons. It was a big change. However, it is totally worth it because once you transition totally to TutorCruncher, it works really well on a large scale. There are some bugs in the software that can be annoying, but TutorCruncher's customer service is very helpful in resolving issues.

Response from TutorCruncher

Hi Pascal, Thanks for taking the time to leave us such a detailed review! Glad to hear the accounting features within the platform have helped manage your business. We look forward to continue working with you in the future.

Replied August 2022

Mohammed

June 2022

Quick feedback

It has helped us grow as a business

Pros

Very comprehensive set of features, ease by which you can scale a business with Tutor Cruncher

Cons

SMS flexibility, the ability to email specific jobs etc

Richer features on Tutor Cruncher

Response from TutorCruncher

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review Mohammed! We hope the platform will continue to help your business grow in the future :)

Replied July 2022

Pippa

Changed my company dramatically

It’s a fantastic product, with fantastic support. I can’t believe anyone would sign up to Tutorcruncher and regret it.

Pros

It saves you hiring an admin person. It streamlined invoicing. With TutorCruncher running in the background, you can focus all your efforts into building your company and making it better. I was pretty nervous as a CRM is such a vital aspect of the business and difficult to change once started. But I never looked backed after.

Cons

The only real Con for me, is that it’s designed for an agency. So has all the features you would expect for self employed tutors. My tutoring business is a company and everyone is paid by PAYE, I wish I could turn all the self employed features off. Eg, the amount Tutorcruncher tells tutors that have earth, is not what they get in their wages. Also I wish it had a feature that could collect the millage to make a our tutors milage claims automated. But that is just wishful thinking.

Response from TutorCruncher

Hi Pippa, What an absolutely lovely review, thanks so much! You're absolutely right that CRM is a massive business decision so really happy you're confident that you made the right choice with us! I'll have a conversation with our team today to see if there's a way we could better account for income taxes like PAYE. Tutor mileage claims is definitely an ambition too (maybe something to release alongside the app), we'll continue brainstorming it on our end. Thanks again Pippa, stay well and I'm sure we'll be chatting again soon. Best, Fionn

Replied May 2020

Rory

Great piece of software

The Profs started using TutorCruncher about half way through our first year of operations, and since then, we haven't looked back. TutorCruncher has freed up a significant amount of administrative time, allowing us to put our time and energy into business growth. It has allowed our company to scale smoothly, and the TutorCruncher team have been open to taking onboard our suggests for changes and extra features to support our business growth. Very happy with the product.

Pros

Smooth integration of all aspects of the business. Easy to use for our contractors, clients, and in house team. Fantastic billing system, integrated with online payment companies for very swift payment turnaround.

Cons

We have dealt with the occasional bug and teething issue, but these are solved very quickly by their in house team.

Response from TutorCruncher

Thank you for taking the time to leave us such a great review, Rory. We are very pleased with the impact you feel our services have had on The Profs, particularly in terms of scalability and growth opportunities that TutorCruncher has helped provide. We are grateful for your prudent and effective suggestions for improving the system and are always happy to continue developing our services in line with the needs of successful businesses like yours. Thanks again, Rory!

Replied March 2017

Chase

Tutorcruncher is definitely an improvement from our previous software for tracking employee hours.

Pros

It is very user friendly! My staff required very little training to learn how to use and implement it. Same with clients once they are sent the link to create their profile they are able to do it with ease as I haven't heard one complaint. Also, automatic package tracking is such a bonus with Tutorcruncher! I also appreciate that you can customize reports for sessions by targeting specific areas for feedback that our tutors and coaches fill out. This helps us increase our quality of service.

Cons

When adding new appointments using the calendar, I wish you could double click on a day to then be prompted to create a new `lesson on the day clicked on. This would further increase efficiency when inputting schedules. It would also be great to be able to mark lessons complete with ease directly from the calendar page. Another thing is deleted appointments it would be great to more easily recover them than having to search through ALL previously deleted lessons; ideally I'd like to go to the job, see the deleted lesson, then click recover to bring the lesson back while I still have the job opened up. Last piece of feedback would be to create more filters (like searching jobs using a tutor filter).

Response from TutorCruncher

Hello Chase, thank you for taking the time to leave us a great review. It makes us happy to know that TutorCruncher is easy to use and even your tutors have no problems in managing and planning lessons with many students. The same happens to clients, once the profile is created they can receive invoices and pay quickly. In this way you can manage your tutoring efficiently and professionally. Thanks for your review!

Joe

This was the missing piece in the jigsaw of our business. Thank you.

It means we don't need a library of files of information. All our clients and tutors info is at our fingertips

Pros

How it organises our accounting structures, and allows me to quickly create a job and post out to our tutors, and I also like the editability of the messages

Cons

I never really know what the user experience is for our clients and our tutors. I don't know when they get there reports and what happens if they pay their invoice on time. I'm sure I could find this out if I made myself a client and went through that whole process, but it would be great if you had a section of screenshots displaying the user experience of our clients and tutors at each step of the way.

Response from TutorCruncher

Hello Joe, thank you very much for your excellent review. We are happy that TutorCruncher helps you to organise the accounting structures and payment. You always have access to your Demo Branch on tutor which does allow you to role play to visualise how your clients and tutors interact and engage with your system. Thanks again Joe.

Ivan