Browse Soda PDF Reviews

Andres from Banco Interamericano de Desarrollo

Industry: International Trade and Development

Amazing set of PDF tools that includes OCR

After scanning all the physical documentation that I had in my office, I managed to transfer it to digital format through the OCR tool that has Soda PDF, which allowed me to have a better management of my documents, since previously I had to review a large amount of files in search of some document. Also, I can edit PDF files according to what I need and sign them digitally.

Pros

I like the fact that you have an OCR tool to recognize the text in the images, so you can then edit that text in PDF. You can convert PDF files to Word, Excel, RTF and other formats. Another advantage of using Soda is that I receive email updates about its new features, which include instructions for use and video tutorials. Also, I can create a custom toolbar, where I include the tools I use most.

Cons

At times, when trying to print files in batches, the software stops responding and I have to open the documents again.

Great features for the price

It gives people a more intuitive option for pdfs and there's a free version that people can try easily before they purchase the full-featured one.

Pros

It has all of the features that you need for making pdfs and then some. It's really intuitive, I think more intuitive than it's major competitor.

Cons

Even after you purchase the full upgrade, they keep pestering you to spend more and upgrade. OK, I get it, you want to sell me more product. But I had to turn off notifications multiple times and it was a headache.

Reasons for Switching to Soda PDF

Trying something new and wanted different features.

Response from LULU Software

Replied June 2021

Hi there, Thanks for sharing your impression of Soda PDF. We are glad to hear you find it intuitive and helpful. Thanks for letting us know you had issues with the pop-ups. We are glad to assist you to disable advertisements. Please follow the steps below: Click on 'Options' (a gear icon located in the right upper corner). Select 'Notification' and toggle the switch on 'Notification System'.

Does not work with Avast Virus Protection

For the first several years of using the program I was satisfied, since this issue with Avast came up about 2 years ago, I have not been able to use Soda and have purchases Adobe PDF.

Pros

Early editions were easy to use pdf generation and editing tools that would occasionally crash, but the ease of use compared to Adobe PDF made Soda a superior option.

Cons

After updating to Soda 12, it became impossible to use the software because Avast recognized the adware within the program as malware. It has been a year going back and forth with Customer Service and though they respond with instructions to remove all references of the program, disable Avast and then reinstall, nothing has worker. I even tried to go back to Soda 8, but still Avast detects the adware and it blocks the program. I cannot recommend this product based on my experience

Response from LULU Software

Replied March 2021

Hello there, Thank you for letting us know about your experience with our support team. Be kindly informed that the issue with Avast was fixed in the recent updates for version 12. Our highly skilled tech agents will be glad to assist you with the issue via the Live hat and one of our agents will assist you (it's available Monday-Friday 3 am - 5 pm EST). To open the Chat, please follow the steps below: 1. Open the support page: https://support.sodapdf.com/hc/en-us/ 2. Click on the Support widget in the left bottom corner of the page 3. Type any word and press Enter 4. Then select the Live Chat option at the bottom of the widget

Wendy from The Weekend Gourmet

Industry: Writing and Editing

Soda PDF -- Intuitive and User Friendly Way to Create and Edit PDF Documents

Overall? Excellent! This is a VERY user-friendly way to both create and convert PDFs, edit/fill in a PDF, sign a PDF with a created signature, and then deliver/download/share. If for some reason I need to have a colleague review a document, the review/comment function is great for easily getting document feedback. We don't use that feature as often, but it's nice to have in the available functions.

Pros

It's easy to use with little to no formal training -- very intuitive. I like that it converts documents TO PDF, PDF to MSWord or other types of files, and lets me upload a document for PDF filler access. I think forms are more professional when they're typed instead of being handwritten -- cleaner and neater for sure! We use SODA to upload forms sent to us, then fill in via the PDF filler. I love how easy SODA is to use via Mac/PC, tablets, and phones. Even when my staff and I are outside the office -- at home or on the road -- we can access SODA to ensure our work continues seamlessly. PDFs created can be saved to the Cloud, Desktop, or even e-mailed. I love this software/app!

Cons

My only small complaint is that it can be hard to locate a file once it's complete. That's likely on me instead of SODA. We downloaded the software/app, and have been learning as we go. Perhaps some training on our part would make archiving easier.

Reasons for Choosing Soda PDF

We used the Free Trial to check it out in real time for a month...and we all agreed that it made life in the office so much better!

Reasons for Switching to Soda PDF

We found Adobe difficult to master without extensive training, despite it being the "standard" in PDF creation. We're a small company, so we need software that's easy to use AND offers a full suite of services.

Kalina from União Brasileira de Educação Católica

The best complete conversion, editing and creation software

I perform a lot of conversion of terms, regulations, crafts, among others, I speak of more than 200 pages and until today I have had no problems. It is very gratifying, the truth was the best thing that happened to me.

Pros

what I liked the most was the conversion because in my work, I need to send documents related to trades, regulations and etc ... and convert my documents in other formats. It also helps me to compress my PDF files to reduce the sizes so that I can easily share via zip, not to mention, that it allows us to create PDF documents from drawings and other technical documents necessary for the functioning of our institution. End not to mention that it is very easy to use.

Cons

Honestly, I have no contraindications for this application because it met all my expectations, I feel that this softwer before being created was a deep search to be created so complete.

Paul from none

Disappointed with new version

Pros

Initially, my old version of SodaPDF suddenly stopped working - "your subscription expired" - but logging onto their website and finidng that my subscription is good through 2022 did not make me happy. Then finding out that the old version I was using MUST be upgraded - NO ANDS IFS OR BUTS. New version to me is VERY clunky - I liked SEEING a title that read "crop" - not having to hover over multiple buttons to find what I wanted. Crop function is horrible. If I have a 8.5x11 document (landscape), dragging the left most bar changes the top one - top drag changes the right side, right side changes the bottom - bottom...well, bottom does not allow you to drag it at all. FORCES you to use a slider bar set to the right of the drag bars. VERY inconvenient. Finally got my crop where I wanted it. Program crashed. Tried again - SAVED this time. Crashed after save. 3rd opening, finally was able to print what I needed. I am honestly horrified to try other functions - took me longer to find the simple things I wanted rather than using an intuitive "title" system (yes, I can hover over icons, but JUST SHOW ME THE TITLE.

Cons

Horribly clunky interface that does not work as expected.

Response from LULU Software

Replied June 2021

Hi Paul, Thanks for sharing your impression of the new version of Soda PDF. We will make sure to forward your complaint about not intuitive interface to the corresponding team. Please check the Soda PDF user guide with a lot of useful articles that help you to use the software: https://userguide.sodapdf.com/desktop/public/ Please contact our support center in case the crashing issue continues. Our email address is info@sodapdf.com

Diane from Robinson's Computer Services

Doesn't work as promised and customer support sucks

SodaPDF worked fine when I first installed it, but after one of the updates, I was no longer able to scan documents or connect to the internet to update the software. I sent support an email - that's the only way to contact them. It took 2-3 days to get an email response requesting more details. I answered their questions, and again, it took 2-3 days to get a response back. At that point, support indicated that my problems were associated with the most recent update. It's been a month since the problems started and all SodaPDF wants to do at this point is close my case. I asked for a refund of my money, but was informed that I was past the company's 30-day money-back policy. I purchased the software on March 7th and the problems started before the 30-day period ended. At this point, I either keep wasting my time and energies trying to get this situation resolved or accept that I'm stuck with a product that does not work as promised.

Pros

When it worked correctly, I liked the scanning and password protection features the most.

Cons

SodaPDF automatically sets up SodaPDF as the default PDF reader. That would be ok except that SodaPDF takes longer to load and is inferior to Adobe's reader.

Response from LULU Software

Replied April 2021

Hello Diane, Thank you for sharing your experience. Please be sure your feedback is forwarded to the corresponding department. As our support agent mentioned the scanner issue has been flagged to the team in charge and is currently being investigated. Till the issue with Soda PDF 12 is resolved you can use the 11th version to to create files from your scanner.

Robert from Home Working

Industry: Civil Engineering

Be careful

Some features work ok. Help desk is near to useless and doesnt tell truth. Priority seems to be getting subscriptions in rather than providing service or rectifying mistakes.

Pros

Some features work ok. Unfortunately not necessarily the features you want

Cons

You will be constantly bombarded with instructions to upgrade. Functionality will not be there unless you upgrade part way through a subscription period. There are acknowledged problems with the latest upgrade 12 that havnt been resolved in 6 months. BE CAREFUL

Response from LULU Software

Replied June 2021

Hi Robert, Thank you for sharing your impression of our service. We will forward your feedback regarding the unresolved issues after the latest upgrade to the corresponding team. Be kindly informed that you are not obliged to upgrade unless you need to use features that are not included in your package. In the event, you no longer want to see this popup follow the steps below: Click on 'Options' (a gear icon located in the right upper corner). Select 'Notification' and toggle the switch on 'Notification System'.

David from CBTW

They destroyed a great product

They've replaced the desktop version with 360 Pro, and also increased the price substantially.

Pros

This was the best alternative to Acrobat for years. Fully featured and fairly priced, but then they turned it into an online version only (360). Trying to copy Office 360, which is also unappealing to many users.

Cons

Yeah. I'd like them to bring back the desktop version. Why do I need to be online to view and edit PDF documents? And if I'm on a slow connection, then this product is also painfully slow by association. Now I have to search for a competing PDF editor.

Response from LULU Software

Replied July 2021

Hi David, thank you for letting us know you would like to use the desktop version of Soda PDF and that you don't find the current prices suitable. We will forward your comments on the pricing to the appropriate team. Also, we would like to point out that we still offer desktop versions. Soda PDF 360 packages mean you can use both desktop and online versions while Soda PDF Desktop and Soda PDF Online packages give access only to the desktop/online version accordingly. You can download the latest desktop version of Soda PDF via this link: https://download12.sodapdf.com/get-app.aspx If you need further help, please contact our support via chat which is open 8 am - 5 pm EST. To join the chat, just follow this link https://support.sodapdf.com/hc/en-us/ Find at the bottom right a red button "Support" and click on it First, you will be asked to find the solution in our knowledge base, if you can't find it there, the LIVE CHAT button will appear, please click on it to start a conversation.

Ganesh kumar from Sgkenterprises

I purchased 360. But they charged another product. Unknowingly I

Not happy

Pros

Product is good I am happy to use. But they charge. Another app whiteout knowing you you

Cons

They show one after taking bank details they charge for 2 more apps refund. Is impossible. Because. You can’t find any option No mails replay no call replay

It’s my weekness

Response from LULU Software

Replied October 2020

Hi Ganesh, Thanks for reaching out and sharing your experience with us. We definitely have a support team available that can help clear up this billing situation. You can reach out to them over here: https://support.sodapdf.com/hc/en-us

Donna from The Secretary

Good Idea - Poorly implemented - LACKS CUSTOMER SERVICE AND PRODUCT INFO

My biggest issue is POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE - POOR PRODUCT DISCRIPTIONS. You would think after over 2 years of customers complaining regarding the poor customer service experience, they would have fixed it by now. I have waited on hold for more than 1/2 an hour then being disconnected. Asking for a order number instead of having a product license ID listed in your Account product information is a poor design. Email to Customer Support provided none of the answers I inquired upon. I wanted to recommend this product to my clients for their pdf solutions - However, I cannot find a clear description of what each product Home, Business, Pro - Premium - Standard - Anywhere has to offer for tools. Refunds for purchases seem to be lacking as an easy to do in the 1st 30 days and When you cancel it only cancels at the end of the year purchased rather than immediately refunding the unused. Email requests take over 48 hours to get answered with an answer that in no way clears up the matter. Customer Support is very limited if you do get them on the phone as they will forward to their tech team your issue. How is that helpful after waiting 1/2 an hour. If you want a whole product then you must buy everything in bits and pieces - I want a product with all the features not buy a little here and a little there and will ask you each time you go to use a feature if you want to purchase more. Premium - Pro - Business - Anywhere should have all the features -

Pros

The product allows me to manipulate pdf's otherwise blocked from editing - Great when someone creates a form that you need to edit to use. The price was great considering the alternatives. Adobe just got greedy.

Cons

Going from Free to Premium it often wants me to purchase more for a feature that Premium already should have. Or wants you to purchase separately operations in which should be a standard for the Premium product

Reasons for Switching to Soda PDF

The other product would not let me eidt certain parts of a document and the online DC was horrible to navigate.

Response from LULU Software

Replied August 2020

We are very sorry to hear that you were not happy with the customer service we provided. I can see that in the meantime you received the information you required. I will make sur your comments will be passed on the the Director of Customer Service. We thank you for your feedback, it will help us improve our services. If you have problems in the future, please contactd us by email or chat.

Dave from Simplifis

Alternative to Adobe

The ease of use and daily interaction with same is good and allows the company to do what it needs to do with regards to portable document management.

Pros

Soda was selected as an alternative to Adobe based on price and was presently surprised to find what was covered in the base product when comparing.

Cons

The initial set up was tricky as it is linked to an online account and having a second account caused issues.

Reputation

Cost

Response from LULU Software

Replied February 2021

Hello Dave, Thank you for the feedback. I am glad to hear you like our software. Please be sure we are always working on making our software better.

John from John Gardner & Associates

Industry: Civil Engineering

Poor support and confusing re-purchase procedure.

Great program but suddenly stops. The customer support and activation process is pathetic. Will probably look for another pdf program as my time is too valuable to waste on a product which is too clumsy to be involved with.

Pros

All round a very good program and easy to use.

Cons

Previous copy suddenly stopped working 5 months after installation. Assumed perhaps expiry date may have been reached so bought a new copy. Activation code not sent for newly purchased copy. Support response just heaps of pro-forma pre written garbage messages from auto responder.

Response from LULU Software

Replied May 2020

Thank you very much for your review. I am sorry to hear about your bad customer service experience. I can see that your problem has been resolved in the meantime, but rest assured, that this review will help us to improve our customer service. This is very important to us.

FR from BusinDev Co.

SODA PDF not a medium or long term decision; it fails in the short term. You will need change

Everything was ok and worked properly without probems with SODA PDF during 9-10 months of my premmium version but suddenly, the "Sign Document" functionality stoped work and the only way to finish SODA execution was killing the process or closing the window. Technical Support is very bad. Same procedure several times although I reportted it didn't work the first time. At the end, they suggest to "access" my computer to "review" the issue and ask me for my telephone number (personal information protected by european laws). They don´t have other ways (or doesn't want) to use internet audio conference solutions based on email. DO THEY WANT TO GET PERSONAL DATA TO COMPLEMENT THE COMPETITIVE PRICE THEY ARE PROMOTING? Take care

Pros

Usability is very easy. Trial version for starting and test the software is very good. Functionality is great for the job.

Cons

It's a little slow in execution. And sometimes crashes with other software that you can have installed in your computer (certificates).

Response from LULU Software

Replied July 2020

We are very sorry to hear about your bad customer service experience. But rest assured, our agents are not out to collect personal data, all they want is to help you best possible. Our customer service made you an offer, please keep communicating with us, we are sure all your problems will be solved in our new version, that will be launched next week.

Peter from Grobank

Mixed Feelings

mixed

Pros

Work well when its not kicking you out the the free version

Cons

Product disconnects regularly and requires you to re log in . This is EXTREMELY annoying and interrupts your working day.

cost

cost

Response from LULU Software

Replied September 2020

Thanks for your Review of Soda PDF. I will make sure your comments will be forwarded to our Development Team. This will help us to improve our software. Thanks again.

Carole from Cook & Watkins, PLC

Industry: Law Practice

Finding this product totally saved the day!

I like it (almost) as much as the expensive program I use on my work computer. In fact, I may suggest it to other coworkers for their home computers especially while we are working at home during COVID.

Pros

What a gem of a find. I was getting ready for a two-day hearing using a popular video platform and had a bunch of PDFs I needed to screen share. The PDF reader on my laptop, which I was using for the video hearing, was not showing up in the screen sharing option. My boss just said, fix it! I searched through Google and found this. I first went with the free version but after bookmarking multiple pages in preparation, I discovered it would not save them. I purchased it at that point with no regrets. It is very nice software, especially for the money, and suited my needs for this perfectly.

Cons

It would have been nice to know that I couldn't save the PDF with changes I made with the free version, but very understandable. For the price, it was no problem purchasing it, and as I said before, it totally saved me!

Reasons for Switching to Soda PDF

The PDF reader would only do full screen and for some reason did not show up as a choice for screen sharing in the video platform I was using for the hearing. This actually worked better anyway as I was able to set up everything in advance and have all documents I needed along the top.

Dee from Regional Automotive

Industry: Warehousing

Messed up

Pros

All the previous versions were awesome. Great features

Cons

Version 12 is horrible, total redone not working friendly. After scanning a page and attaching it to an email, i open to review and i get an error message that reads "The system cannot find the file specified" I never had that issue before. I've tried contacting service and i never heard back from anyone

Response from LULU Software

Replied December 2020

Thank you for taking your time to leave us a feedback. I am very sorry to hear you did not get any assistance on your issue. We would be grateful if you can give us a second chance and contact us via info@sodapdf.com. Please let us know what mail do you use when you get that error message and also if that possible please send us a screenshot of the error message

Jonathan from Southern Eagle Holdings

Industry: Wholesale

SO BUGGY!!!!

Pros

The fact that it was cheap. It was a good value when I bough it.

Cons

First off, I really wanted to like it, but became so incredibly frustrated with the reaped bugs and issues I had. It seemed every week I would find something else that didn't work right, or the functionality just wasn't there. Also, don't think you will be getting support if you have an issue. They are cold and not helpful at all. If you just use a PDF editor every once in a while, this might work for you. If you rely on it for business and its an integral part of your work flow.....go elsewhere. I plead with you. You will end with ulcers trying to get this thing to work the way you want it to.

Response from LULU Software

Replied April 2020

We are sorry to hear about your problems. Please write to business.support@sodapdf.com and I will personally make sure that your problems will be dealt with.

Ken from Englander Consulting

FREE functionality is very good!

It gave me the capability to transmit PDF files that are password protected. Also, it provided a PDF print device.

Pros

I needed software to allow me to protect PDF files to prevent opening by an unintended party. I was able to add just the security module . It is also a plus that it includes a PDF print device, especially since I am still using Windows 7.

Cons

Actually there are a few things. 1) It does not remember the directory used for new output files. 2) Highlighting is not included with the FREE functionality. It is with Acrobat Reader. 3) The first time output is directed to the PDF printer, the software is very slow to load.

Edsel from EPOWERdoc

This is a SCAM

The support team can only tell you that their product does not support the features you try to use. Their billing department is horrible. You may need an act of God in order to cancel your subscription, which in most cases you don't even know that you will have after buying the product.

Pros

Absolutely nothing, It is cumbersome to use and not always provide the output you expect.

Cons

The software had a reasonable price, I decide to buy it to try. The Software is clunk, not intuitive and does not offer all the options Adobe does. The worst part is that I just discovered they are continuously charging me for a sneak renewal, which costs double of the price of the software. There are plenty of bad reviews of this product at PcMag, Amazon, GetApp, and others, so do not be alluded you are buying a good product. It does not worth the trouble.

Reasons for Choosing Soda PDF

I did not select Soda PDF, I want back to my old product.

Response from LULU Software

Replied September 2019

I am really sorry about the experience you have had. As you know we have already refunded your purchase renewal per your request. I reviewed your case and I am sorry that you felt you were "scammed". We do our best to make sure that every purchase is as clear and transparent as possible, for example when purchasing we give the option of switching between perpetual and subscription based products, we indicate the subscription on the checkout page. Furthermore, we give a 30 day renewal notification before sending a renewal confirmation email. We will further investigate your case to see how we can do a better job and improve at ensuring that the renewal for all our clients is clear. As for the missing features, we would love to know what we are missing, so that we can improve future development. We are always open to feedback and appreciate our customers, which is why we aim to provide outstanding customer support in any and all instances.

Edo from MODUN CONSULTING, obrt

My preferred PDF viewer and editor

Documents in PDF are global standard. After experimenting with several solution I found that this one is best solution on the market, for my needs.

Pros

User interface is fantastic. Working speed also. Different options offer solutions for all sort of necessities or problems.

Cons

By my humble opinion, subscription plans are not a model for every software solution. In this case a one-time payment would be something to expect. Slightly heavy on computer resources.

Dennis A from Self-employed

Danger Wil Robinson Danger

Pros

Seems like a decent low cost replacement for Adobe Acrobat

Cons

Watch the installation routine, it is a trap. You cannot install the program without approving "Block dangerous and phishing scams" and "Stop websites from tracking you online". It is very suspicious that these cannot be unchecked. Not convinced yet? Read the light grey policy text: "By selecting 'Install Adware Web Companion', I agree to install Adaware Web Companion, set my homepage, new tabs and default search engine to Bing or capatible web browsers, and consent to its End User License Agreement and privacy policy." Make this product more of a scam rather than a product.

Response from LULU Software

Replied March 2019

Thank you for your feedback. We will forward it to our Marketing department. Just to let you know there is an option to skip the installation of Web Companion. We will make the request to make it more obvious how to skip this installation.

Cancellation an Issue

Usage wise it was effective from a basic point of view. Customer support extremely poor.

Pros

Reasonably easy to use and inexpensive within limits

Cons

Decided not to renew but Soda won't let me remove my credit card details

Better product

Response from LULU Software

Replied February 2020

Thanks for your review. We are happy that you found Soda PDF to be easy to handle and to be inexpensive. We are, however, very sorry about your bad experience with our customer support. We would ask to give us a second chance to fix your problem quickly. We ask you to contact our customer support again and we will certainly solve your problem for you.

Pamela from Simplify Bizness

Industry: Outsourcing/Offshoring

Good substitute for Adobe Acrobat

Overall it's a good product.

Pros

Soda PDF has many good features and is easy to use. I like that we have an option to pay one price versus a monthly subscription.

Cons

Redaction. There is not an option to change the color of the redaction like I can in Adobe Acrobat.

Response from LULU Software

Replied May 2019

Thanks for the the review. I will forward your feedback regarding the redaction feature to our Development Team.

Soda PDF Desktop 12 - Total Disaster

Customer support have attempted to resolve some of the problems which required considerable reconfiguring. It is still not working anything like as well as Soda PDF 11 so please wind back to the older version. If not I am starting to review other products to find a better solution.

Pros

I have used Soda PDF Desktop 11 for several years and found it to be an incredibly useful, and easy to use application.

Cons

Since upgrading to Soda PDF Desktop 12 it has been a total disaster. It is no longer user friendly and many of the features previously used no longer work. It is so much slower than the older version and has crashed or simply stopped responding on more than one occasion.

Response from LULU Software

Replied December 2020

Thank you for taking time to write this feedback, we take it very seriously. I want to assure you that our developer team constantly works on the improvement of the 12th version. We would not recommend you to switch back to the 11th version because it will be supported less and there will not be updates for that version. Please let me tell you that you can find all of the features that were in the previous version in Soda PDF 12. Please let us know what features do you miss that you used to use in version 11. Please contact us via info@sodapdf.com

Verónica from John Foy & Associates

Industry: Law Practice

It offers many features

It is a very important software for my work, since I can correct the mistakes I have made and manipulate all the PDF documents as I wish. I really like the large number of functionalities offered with this software, SODA PDF replaces many other small softwares that offer only one or two of its functionalities.

Pros

It offers an executable software and a very good web interface to handle PDF files. It is a very reliable solution that also allows you to convert to a wide range of file types, edit the content of PDF documents, add digital signatures, add security to documents and even recognize text thanks to its integrated OCR functionality.

Cons

I have no negative points to highlight from this software. I believe that the editing of the text in PDF could be improved, since the edition of the font is not always compatible, so the changes made in the document are noted.

Chris from 360 Strategy Solutions Group

Industry: Venture Capital & Private Equity

You don't get what you pay for

What part of TERRIBLE should I explain.

Pros

I have yet to find anything about this product to like.

Cons

Everything. Incredibly slow on all levels. The slowest piece of software we've ever used. Just took us 25 minutes to uninstall. Crashes the most of any software we run. Had to uninstall and reinstall 6 times before it functioned properly. The worst part has been the customer service. I took an average of three days for them to respond to every support ticket we submitted. All we ever received was an incredibly bad attitude and the statement "go re-read the instruction manual". The last incident was never resolved even after going back and forth for over two weeks. I asked for a refund and was told "we don't give refunds of any kind for any reason after the 30 use period. Decided to go back to Adobe and have had a great and seamless experience thus far. Yes, we're paying more, but we're far more productive. DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME OR MONEY ON THIS PRODUCT.

Cost and claimed functionality

Reasons for Switching to Soda PDF

Cost and claimed functionality. You get what you pay for.

Response from LULU Software

Replied November 2019

We are very sorry to learn about your unpleasant experience with our software and our customer service. Rest assured, we are taking such feedback very seriously and are investigating the case. We already wrote back to you, apologized and offered you compensation for your inconvenience. We hope you can accept our apologies.

SODA PDF is sell designed and easy to use. One of the best PDF programs available incthe market.

Creating And editing pdfs is easy with this program. If you are looking for an alternative to adobe reader this is a perfect candidate.

Pros

Soda PDF os a jack of all trades. Its contains all the tools you need in reading, creating and editing PDFs. It is well integrated into programs we use daily like the microsoft office 365. Creating a pdf is as easy as printing your document as pdf.

Cons

The initial 30 day trial would not be enough for your needs. Purchase is necessary but there is nothing that you would not like about this program.

Frédéric from ECM Engineering

Extremely easy to use

Pros

Very useful product which allows me to merge and edit many of my PDF files

Cons

the limitations set which allows me to download only a certain number of PDF files which i have created

Jan from JVFS

Paid but it only worked for a month

Stay away from this company.

Pros

Not a lot. Its was very slow and did not have a lot of funcionality

Cons

1 month down the line and its not working. Paid nearly $90. It very slow software. Struggled to use it. Not user friendly. Logged a complaint because its not working and nobody even got back to me.

Reasons for Switching to Soda PDF

I thought SODA sounded better it was not. Well they have my money now and I have no PDF. Useless company

Response from LULU Software

Replied November 2019

We are sorry to hear that you are unsatisfied with our services. I found your request for support (case number 1147377) which we answered the next day. Plese also check your spam if you did not receive our answer. We will be happy to help you after receipt of your answer. Please reply to our email, provide us with your order ID and we will be able to help you very quickly. Thank you very much for your cooperation.

Ana Karina from Fondo de Compensación Interterritorial

The best for your pdf files

Pros

Across the years SODA Pdf has keeping the higher level of software uses to read and manage pdf files, because they are pioneers and they always improve, the current version is awesome, because it comes with many tools for edit, modify and send your pdf files.

Cons

I do not have any complain about SODA Pdf it always has been wonderful for me, in the past it has some difficult with large images but now it runs smooth no matter the size of the flles.

Joe from Gold Medal Services

Great PDF manipulation

How frustrating is it when you need to edit a line of txt in a pdf and have to revert back to the original word document etc. Well Soda PDF is great for these tasks. Merging pdf single pages into a single document. This software is now one of my most used on a daily basis, I find it opens pages quicker than any other pdf reader and having the ability to edit make sit as near to perfect as can be for me.

Pros

Editing of PDFs

Cons

Sometimes crashes my email

Kapil from InvestForProfit

A nice tool for PDF creation and editing.

It helps me to create my financial documents in PDF format.

Pros

It is a cloud based program which is the best thing about it. The interfaces of this software is very intuitive and helps users to edit files easily.

Cons

The pricing is slightly on a higher side of smaller businesses. They should offer some better pricing.

Response from LULU Software

Replied May 2019

Thanks for this nice feedback. I will surely pass it on to our marketing staff.

Meghan from The Research and Recognition Project

Meh

Overall I it is ok but I regret forgetting to turn off the auto renew.

Pros

It is fairly straight forward to use but don't count on the free version to be able to do much of anything you really need to do.

Cons

This program runs fairly slowly and I keep having sign in issues, which although are usually resolved fairly quickly are super frustrating when I find out mid process I've been signed out and my account isn't recognized, especially when working under a deadline or time crunch and the free version can't do what I need.

Response from LULU Software

Replied December 2020

Hello Meghan, thank you for sharing your experience. Please be informed that we offer 7 days free trial for all the functions. Once your trial period is over you can continue using a free version that includes the next functions: Create, view, print, merge PDFs, convert them to Word, Excel, PowerPoint, images. As for the login issues, you can choose the most convenient option: log in with your credentials or via Google/Microsoft/Facebook.

Sophie from HFL Accountants

I use it every day. Overall is a good experience using Soda as it is simple to use and you can edit the PDF.

Pros

Soda PDF is easy to use, simple to navigate as well. I like that you can edit the PDF and highlight it on the computer.

Cons

Sometimes it freezes and takes a while to load, but this does not last long.

Orlando from Universidad de Oriente. Venezuela

It is a usable software with its own characteristics

I have been able to open my documents in pdf format in addition to converting text files in this format, protecting it against any threat of plagiarism

Pros

It has a friendly interface, it is specific in its functions, it seems great to be able to highlight or underline texts in the document just by pressing a button in the options menu. I love the transition from one page to another in a document when it is in 3D View. Convert Word documents to PDF without any difficulty

Cons

In general it is an excellent program, however you can not access the option to write texts on the document, The panel on the left side does not have much use if the document does not have signatures, layers or registers

Complete PDF solution

Excellent. Happily recommend this software to anyone.

Pros

Such a great piece of software. In addition to all the common features of a conventional pdf reader and converter, what I love about Soda PDF, is that it will allow you to edit virtually any pdf document and capture wording from all sorts of documents (even ones which were originally scanned). Really helpful.

Cons

Nothing, I've not yet found a time when it didn't solve the problem at hand. Sometimes I do get a little frustrated by all the pop-ups about the latest version is ready to install (happens a lot!)

Reasons for Switching to Soda PDF

Not as effective at capturing all the information from PDF's

Great software/very user friendly.

Great product!

Pros

I like that it is easy to convert documents to PDF, Excel or an image and to password protect your documents.

Cons

It is sometimes slow to open.

April from Midwest Institute

I ordered the soda software so that I would be able to modify pdf documents without having to retype

ease of conversion between word and pdf documents.

Pros

I like that the software allows you to convert pdf documents into a variety of formats without having to rewrite content

Cons

When some files are converted they do not maintain the original format meaning the information is sometimes spread all over the place and the file has to be adjusted manually

Regina from Technical Talent Advisors

PDF and so much more

Soda PDF can convert any pdf into very several and everything needed formats in a blink of an eye. Great product that allows for esignatures as well

Pros

Soda PDF is a perfect software tool to use when dealing with PDFs and the need to convert.

Cons

It is not free, but it is worth the minimal fees

Davin from Replay Management Ltd.

Great Product but Needs Refining

I enjoy the product for it's basic features, but the program could use a little bit more refinement in order to remain competitive to Adobe.

Pros

The price point is good and has many features that work well (ie. merging documents, removing pages etc.)

Cons

I found that the program will often freeze, and cause the PDf to be unusable. This would result in having to restart the program and use the "Repair" function that is built into the program. Unfortunately, I've had to do this several times in the last 2 months. Also, the black friday promotion is a little invasive/annoying as it rolls up your desktop even when the program isn't being used.

Ana from METRO Cash&Carry Hrvatska

Industry: Wholesale

Fantastic PDF editor and viewer

Exceptionally good PDF editor and viewer, perfect for any occasion and project.

Pros

This program is so packed with features and options that is incredible. Anything that You can think about, there is already implemented in. Ribbon interface is a standard one. Very fast response. PDF editing is so fluid. There are plenty converting options and preferences in general.

Cons

Font management can be better as it takes so much time to open list of fonts. Often is freezing (for a few seconds) with interesting video glitch. More languages would be nice.

Response from LULU Software

Replied March 2019

Thank you very much for your positive feedback. This motivates our team to keep improving our software.

Pat from Heuristic Communications

More affordable than Adobe pdf, but not as good at converting pdfs to Word and especially Excel

Pros

Features and affordability. The feature set is quite good. It allows for creating pdfs from different document types, editing them (adding/deleting pages), extracting images, and quite a bit more.

Cons

Converting pdfs to Excel. It generates hundreds of columns and the need for some very sophisticated excel formulae to get all the figures aligned vertically, without which the Excel file is barely usable. The Adobe version does a better job of this.

Nick from Government

Complete Zero Value for Money

Exceptionally poor

Pros

This is my review... it is based on the product's inability to actually do anything and the support that they offer.. If I have Premium, why am I not allowed use it? I open the program and it keeps telling I either only have the free version or I am not eligible I am only trying to insert a page into a PDF. Any free program would do that but I now find a $100+ annual subscription on my account To be honest, I have been looking to delete this program because it does not deliver what you say. I forgot and that is my mistake but I honestly wish you would supply some information about what I do receive from you product This is the information going on my review of the product Nick

Cons

Its complete inability to meet the standards I purchased

Response from LULU Software

Replied January 2020

I can see that we successfully helped you activating Soda PDF during a chat with one of our agents on 30 Dec 19. We are always happy to assist you whenever you have problems. Just chat with us or send us an email.

Hans from Personal

customer service is the horrible --- run

horrible - if you cant get a problem resolved then your sitting there with a piece of software that is useless.

Pros

nothing if it take 2 months to resolve an issue

Cons

The customer service if something goes wrong, you want to be able to get it resolved. Not with these guys

Reasons for Switching to Soda PDF

I never got my license to work. I ran out of the trial version and your support was useless. I had no alternative but to switch to keep productive

Response from LULU Software

Replied July 2021

Hi Hans, thank you for sharing your feedback on the program and our customer support, we will forward it to the appropriate team so we can work on the improvements of our services. In order to use the paid version of the program, you have to sign in to your Soda PDF account. You can check this article that will help you sign in correctly. https://support.sodapdf.com/hc/en-us/articles/360022497971-How-to-Activate-Soda-PDF Or you can contact our live chat where our highly skilled support agents will be glad to assist you with the activation issue (it's available Monday-Friday 3 am - 5 pm EST). To open the Chat, please follow the steps below: 1. Open the support page: https://support.sodapdf.com/hc/en-us/ 2. Click on the Support widget in the left bottom corner of the page 3. Type any word and press Enter 4. Then select the Live Chat option at the bottom of the widget

Jan from Waterwings Design

Industry: Graphic Design

Keep Charging You Without Notification and Refuse Refund

Bad. the fact that I feel tricked into their subscription with no refund means I would never use or recommend again.

Pros

It worked, but at a HUGE PRICE. Ridiculous subscription without notification by email of your monthly charge!!

Cons

Kept charging monthly fee to my card without notice. Only noticed after looking closely at my card statement. Refused to refund for several months even though I only used the product once 8 months ago. Bad support.

Response from LULU Software

Replied February 2020

I am sorry about your bad experience. However, we offer monthly and yearly plans but we always show this on the confirmation email.

Melissa from Austin Peay State University

Powerful PDF Program -

Pros

I began using Soda PDF, Desktop 10 version, because I wanted a no-cost or low-cost solution to combining pdf pages into one document or to separate one pdf document into separate pages. Soda PDF met those expectations and much more. Soda PDF enables me to create a PDF from a file, my clipboard, or even from a blank. Right on the home page there is a support link as well as a video product tour. It is very well design and user friendly. I had no issues doing what I needed to do.

Cons

Probably what I like the least is just a personal opinion and a concern I have with most software. There seems to be so many features and functions that it would be impossible to learn it all and use it all. That sometimes makes it difficult to grasp exactly what needs to be accessed to get something accomplished.

Tony from Cares Community Health

Reliable online PDF software for Business Users

Pros

The best reason why you use Soda PDF is for the online options. It doesn't matter where you are or what computer you are on. No matter what, you are able to securely add, edit, and create the PDFs that you need. Great for business users on the go.

Cons

The licensing options are not geared toward personal use. It seems marketed and priced for the business users. Support is pretty good, but not the best. You can't seem to get a hold of them except thru some restricted business hours.

Cesar A from Gobierno del Distrito Capital

Many things to do in your pdf with SODA

Pros

The amount of functiong that SODA pdf offer for you to edit your files is huge, you can divide, merge, compressed, unlock, protect, sing, export, convert from so many formats and so on, it is very useful, and the process of edition it is very quick and the results is what you are looking for.

Cons

Unfortunately the premium version for me is too expensive, I every time that I have to use the software I have to be connected to the internet.

SODA PDF Alternative to Adobe PDF

I want to make PDF documents and merge multiple files. I open the app on my desk top, it takes about 10 minutes to load, if it works at all, most of the time I have to end the task. I would not recommend it.

Pros

Price was very affordable, as an alternative to Adobe.

Cons

It takes at least 10 minutes to load. If I had known I would not have bought it.

PRICE

Response from LULU Software

Replied February 2020

I am sorry about the bad experience. I would recommend to contact our customer service team, they will be able to assist you with your technical problem.