All Confluence Reviews

1-25 of 2,683 Reviews

Company size: 51 - 200 employees

Great way to share content and track project goals and outcomes

Ryan

December 2022

Confluence is a flexible tool that can be whatever you want it to be

Pros

I have used Confluence at multiple jobs and I really like the product. I think it has a really organized way of keeping track of information and documentation.

Cons

The only complaint I have about Confluence is that it is only as good as you make it. It can be a powerful place for collaboration, team knowledge, and documentation but only if your organization values that and your team sets aside time to keep it up to date. But Confluence is my favorite product for this.

Albert

November 2022

The Project Management Software for Medium to Large Entities

The experience has been positive to our organization and we have benefited from various cost savings and time savings.

Pros

As our organization grew and more employees were started to be employed, we needed a software for project management, file sharing and other related services. We decided to implement Confluence as we saw it as a good software with a lot of features. This software has helped our organisation drastically and all employees work much more efficiently.

Cons

The software may be a bit expensive for small organisations and maybe more price plans can be included. However, due to the various feature that the software includes, I believe that the software is more focused towards medium to large entities.

Reasons for choosing Confluence

We saw Confluence as a better software meeting the needs of our business.

Rajesh

Confluence Review

Maintaining customer repositories

Pros

It is easy to use - its Cloud based deployment adds to the ease of use.

Cons

Editing is not great , the editing interface lacks many word processing features - the plus point is that the cost of ownership is low

November 2022

Our knowledge base

We were having problems to share information, and some users were not getting the right information. Knowing that we have a tool for information sharing like Confluence, we create a plan to start documenting all our processes, and now they are available across the company.

Pros

It is very useful to share all our documentation and knowledge base. All the users are now able to get updated information, and can share any documentation with the team.

Cons

It can become a bit slow sometimes, causing the pages to take longer to load and look for information.

Reasons for choosing Confluence

It was the better option for our company, thinking on how robust is the tool.

Reasons for switching to Confluence

We were looking for a better documentation and information sharing tool

Shaifi

Audit Manager of Organisation

It is a very useful tool specially at the organisation level and it also provides the facility to download your documents in various formats like Text/Pdf which can be used to share the documents if we don't want to expose our complete space

Pros

It provides various readymade templates that are very handy based on the requirements like project iterations, MOM etc and it provides spaces at user level as well as the team level which very helpful to go like if we want to check for engineering release we will go to engineering releases space and if we want to check for documents created for own project purpose then we can go to that space

Cons

It provides so many features that it is difficult to keep track and sometimes things become messy due to this

Reasons for switching to Confluence

It was difficult to group documents based on teams or projects

Marwan

January 2023

" File creation, team collaboration, documentation, review, and ease of use in one platform "

My experience with this program is much better than other programs that consume a lot of time without success .The program helps in creating special files and templates and sharing them among all team members to assist in reviewing, evaluating, updating, and adding new ones at any time, which facilitated cooperation between teams, the transfer of documents between them in an easy way, and assistance in creating documents. In addition to that, the program is characterized by the availability of many templates and also helps the team to take notes

Pros

Cons

There is no obvious and attention-grabbing defect in this program. It has helped me in my work and helped my team members in completing our work in a very easy and time-saving way, but we want the ability to open links in new tabs, but in any case it is much better than others, and I did not find a defect in it that needs to talk a lot about it

Saloni

Knowledge Management tool for your Project

Pros

1. A single repository that houses all the current and gathered data necessary for your project.2. Restricting access to particular individuals for specific documents.3. Great versioning system for documents4. Templates for many page types, such as project planning and how-to pages.5. You can manage teams and construct hierarchical structures thanks to Confluence Spaces and Pages' organised nature.

Cons

1. The page doesn't update in real time while several people are working on it.2. Less add-ons and customizations as compared to other competitor products.3. Since content cannot be created while the page is being edited, every page you save becomes live.4. Search option does not work up to the mark.

Richard

December 2022

A great tool for knowledge management/

Overall my experience of Confluence has been a positive one, as a team we use it to share product information.

Pros

I like the ease of use and how quick and easy it is to build a set of pages. I like the ability to add automatically generated contents pages and search options.

Cons

Sometimes the page editor malfunctions and the cursor jumps to the head of the page, if you aren't looking at the screen, all your typing goes to the wrong location on the page. Ive never got to the bottom of why or if it is browser related.

Guillaume

Good collaboration tools

Pros

Easy collaboration and sharing of information among team membersVersatile document creation and organization optionsBuilt-in integration with other Atlassian tools such as Jira Ability to customize the platform through the use of add-ons and macros

Cons

Some users may find the platform overwhelming and difficult to navigateLimited ability to customize certain aspects of the platform without using add-onsMay have difficulty handling large amounts of data

December 2022

Old-school knowledge management with bad UX

Pros

It's a workable solution if you can't afford anything else

Cons

The entire things looks like it's from the 90s, very ugly and with terrible UX. Search functionality is particuarly bad. Editing is also terrible.

Ashish

May 2022

Best tool for Project Management in Industry

Confluence helped to decommission code check in tools like SVN and fileshare in organization. Verison control feature always helps to mitigate any risk during release and build deployment activities. It saved enough time and human efforts for data n file managments for multiple projects. Confluence turned to be life savior for many projects in cost effctive model.

Pros

Confluence is very user friendly so no need to spend time and money on employee training and learning. It is time saving tool in agile project lifecycle reducing heavy documentation and support. Better customer support compared to other vendors and softwares. Cost effective and resilient for Risk management and project planning activities.

Cons

Build deployment sometimes take time and version controlling mechanism require better practice for stability

Reasons for choosing Confluence

Easy,user friendly,cost effective and version control ability to mitigate project risk

Reasons for switching to Confluence

Efficiency and ease of use for confluence is better than Jira. It can be integrated to different sources for data management. Easy to work within Service Now platform compatibilty with Confluence

Giovanni

A wiki like software, Successful Tracking and Project Management

As mentioned in the title of my review, it's like a wiki version for the company's documents. I can easily find almost everything that I am looking for specially when tracking a document or checking for reference of hierarchy. It is the best solution for providing guide and solution documentation for my clients/customers.When I was still employed under an e-commerce company, we used confluence across most of our departments. It is very useful for finding information, reference for training because it serves as a knowledge base for our company's content. It can also be used as reference when checking metrics and product information within the company that is very important for the decision making of higher management.

Pros

-No need to use multiple MS software like Ms Project, excel or even Word for documentation. Now I'm using a single tool for my Checklist, Requirement list, action plans, help guides, and testing strategies. -I like how it is integrated with JIRA which is also one of the main tools we use at work. All Jira dashboards are available within Confluence which allows documentation to be supported by task. -There are ready templates for creating different types of documents. There is an option to create hierarchy for documentation and link them to each other to avoid duplication.

Cons

-Right now, exporting of documents is only limited to Word and PDF file types. It would be better if there were more options. -Adding the option to customize forms would be a convenient feature. Instead of only having the pre-build forms. -It is also better if there will be more complex support for searching algorithms for discovery when searching, not just by typing the exact keyword

Reasons for switching to Confluence

Better solution and centralized organzation for documents

Melissa

May 2022

So far, it is the best tool for teamwork

With the help of confluence, we're able to work together on our project even though our team members are located all over the world and come from a wide range of backgrounds. As a result, all of the project's information may be stored in a single location, making it convenient for everyone involved. This is a huge time-saver.

Pros

Confluence provides a safe method for sharing knowledge and working on projects among team members. The main business, Atlassian, provides a wide range of reliable plugins. Because everyone on the team can make changes to the document repository and see when and who made them, this is one of the finest features of confluence's document sharing and management system.

Cons

Many plugins are available, and it might be difficult to pick the ideal one for our purposes. This takes up a lot of time. The guidelines are typically adequate.

Reasons for switching to Confluence

Confluence functions as a knowledge base, website, or reference for your product or service by storing all of the relevant information about your project, program, company, etc. Creating, organizing, and maintaining various UX artifacts for various project spaces is a simple process.

Panagiotis

Great documentation platform for both intranets and customer-facing hubs

The experience I had the last 9-10 years that me and my colleagues worked with Confluence is excellent. The document editor works smoothly even from the mobile app that is offered. There are many article templates to choose from when you start creating an article, from decision making documents to marketing strategy forms and solution focused how-to pages. Confluence supports a lot of media types in the pages, so it's easy to create helpful articles with video, audio, images and many more like attention panels, embedded spreadsheets, etc. You can even embed the contents of one section of a page to another page, so that if you change that it reflects the change in all the pages that the section was included. Which is great for customer support and of course technical documentation. Did I mention that you can create as many different wikis as you like? Confluence calls those "spaces" and it's a great way to keep things separated. I use different wiki spaces for my employees handbook, customer support, app manuals, design documents per project, etc. The possibilities are endless and having them separately helps with security between different roles in the company and outside of it.

Pros

Confluence, especially the new cloud version, is one of the best tools to use for documenting your knowledge-base. The best parts for me are: - The ability to connect my articles with to-do tasks from project management (Jira from Atlassian, same company, so they work like a charm together). - The articles I can contain any media types, from spreadsheets that I can edit in-line to videos. There are also a lot of native panels to help anybody create very stylish articles with usability. - In-line and footer comment sections help my team discuss and develop documents all together, without losing any of the discussion history. - The ability to also keep an internal blog. I use that to inform my colleagues for the day-to-day developments, and keep everybody on track with high ideas and management efforts. - All of the above can be also used as a customer-facing knowledge-base, to serve your customers with documents, operation manuals and help articles. Very handy if you use it together with the service desk solution from the same company, but can also be used stand-alone too. In general it's one of the best choices that I made when I was searching for a documentation solution for my company and my clients, back in 2010. Almost a decade passed and Confluence is still growing better and better by the time. Atlassian the company behind Confluence is now huge and offers many solutions that integrate with Confluence, making it an even better choice if you use other tools from them.

Cons

I can't find any cons to Confluence. After all there is no perfect solution, only elegant ones depending on the problem one tries to solve. Atlassian is offering a trial period so anybody can see if Confluence is good for their company's documentation needs. From my experience, it would be bad to start a trial before you hove some really motivated people in your team and some content to put in there. Because it would be better to test Confluence with something that you would use in your company, so that you see first hand the pros and cons while your team works with Confluence with material that is close to the true material that you would put in there. If I was to change one thing it would be the way it recognizes internally any of the pages I create, so that Confluence doesn't have any issues with pages with same titles. That would be a nice time saver and space saver in the outline of any wiki one creates.

Reasons for choosing Confluence

Confluence is far more advanced and fits our business model as a documentation and knowledge-base solution. The price is right and Atlassian seems to continuously develop new features that help us create awesome online media-rich documents for us and our clients.

Reasons for switching to Confluence

I made the switch from Google Docs because I wanted a more robust solution that would support a more deep infrastructure and would be easy to manage and interconnect with other project management, software development and customer-facing solutions.

Steve

The Collaboration Platform You've Waited For

We document everything in Confluence. I run a digital marketing team of around 20 people and have a total of 40 users in the tool (a few other teams besides mine use it). It's been a fantastic tool to get everyone on the same page and keep track of our how-tos, meeting notes, plans, goals, features/specs, etc.

Pros

Real-time simultaneous editing Ease of finding and organizing what I've written Constantly adding new features Integration with Jira and Trello is great, but also works as lightweight project management by itself

Cons

Honestly, they've fixed my biggest cons, like storage space (now you can buy a bigger plan) and they keep adding more things. I think my colleagues would say there's still a learning curve, which is understandable, and I think Confluence has been changing the interface with more tips and features for new users (which is sometimes confusing for long-time users like me, LOL) One big con is still the limited integration with MS Office. Confluence fully replaces the need for Word in most cases, so that's not a big deal, but I wish the Excel integration and/or the table functionality was better. Also, printing is pretty tough when you have tables.

Reasons for choosing Confluence

Confluence is quite inexpensive for what you get and it's super powerful. I really love the quick, accurate search results. The macro functionality and new "Slack" style slash commands are really cool. The notification system is very nice, especially the @mentions.

Notes and Document Management for Pros

Confluence is the best notes taking and document creation software available - it's a well-integrated, easy to navigate tool that enables live collaboration whilst providing a range of integrations to other business tools!

Pros

Easy to use navigation bar per space (topic area) of store notes coupled with a range of text formatting and style features - Confluence is one of the best software tools available for notes taking! The inbuilt macros, linking page functions, mentions, comments and live editing all add to the allure of the Atlassian product range.

Cons

Confluence can be a steep learning curve due to the overwhelming amount of functionality available - including the permissions and access control clashes.

Reasons for choosing Confluence

The range of features, integration potential and ease of collaboration. The storage, navigation and organisation of Confluence sold it beyond any other product.

Reasons for switching to Confluence

Confluence was cleaner and more agile with a clear collaborative value over other products.

Mike