What are Fixed Assets CS users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using Fixed Assets CS software through verified user reviews

• icon"There are reports to print out for depreciation which is a blessing compared to other programs that you have to figure it all out on your own."
  • icon"I used Fixed Assets daily at work. I can add various equipment/furnishings purchases, and it will calculate the depreciation expense for me."
  • icon"Tax depreciation options work well and can be integrated with CS tax prep software relatively easily. Add and removing assets is relatively simple."
  • icon"The program is very hard to use​ and can be very frustrating."
  • icon"This limitation makes it so that you cannot easily match depreciation records when the file is imported."

Browse all Fixed Assets CS Reviews

• Have you used Fixed Assets CS and would like to share your experience with others?

Shellie A.

Industry: Online Media

An accounting professionals dream come true

Overall it was a great program. I remember setting up ans transferringball of our clients into File Cabinet it was a fun weekend to sat the least but to have Fixed Assets CS as part of out. Bundle it wad an awesome experience that I would do all over again. Thank you for creatimg such a wonderful tool and also I learned a few things along the way.

Pros

I love this program so much. The fact that you can enter the assets into the database and keep a record of each one and there are options to choose the number of years and types is a bonus. There are reports to print out for depreciation which is a blessing compared to other programs that you have to figure it all out on your own.

Cons

I honestly did not find any issues with this at all. When I needed to go in and get what I meeded it was always available and very easy to navigate also. I cant report any cons about tbis.

Marcus

Fixed Assets CS

Fixed asset is a good software. The integration with UltraTax makes the software very useful and saves time on entering depreciation expense into a tax return.

Pros

I like that it is easy to use and has a wizard that helps determine the proper depreciation treatment for various types of assets.

Cons

I do not like that you cannot import assets with bonus depreciation or mid-quarter convention. This limitation makes it so that you cannot easily match depreciation records when the file is imported.

Reasons for choosing Fixed Assets CS

It integrates with UltraTax and the CS Professional Suite.

Very functional but hard to use

Pros

This software has a large amount of functionality and it is a great way to manage fixed assets and to track depreciation.

Cons

The program is very hard to use​ and can be very frustrating.

Andy

Easy to use Depreciation Software

This is a huge improvement compared to our last fixed assets software.Easier and more effective for daily use.

Pros

Software is easy to navigate, import function easy and effective, and its very accurate with updates to tax laws.

Cons

No complaints at this time with the software except maybe having a better help or support guide for users.

Reasons for switching to Fixed Assets CS

Issues with old software crashing constantly and loosing data.

Nathalie

Fixed Assets CS - sophisticated but user friendly

Overall, I had a very positive experience with Fixed Assets, there is a lot to learn, but it's worth it because the program is capable of a lot. I would advise, if there isn't already, a very basic step-by-step user manual. I know there are tutorial videos, but videos, whether I'm watching it for my training purposes or having someone else who's training watch, are ineffective. I want something solid that I can quickly grab and refer to when I encounter a block or impasse and need to solve quickly.

Pros

I liked how organized the software would list each asset and how, based on the type of asset you added, Fixed Asset CS could automatically trigger the correct depreciation method. It was also very easy to cut and paste assets if you entered them in the incorrect activity. Reflecting a sale was very intuitive with the "Mass disposition" feature. Reports printed very clearly. Preparing business property tax returns was also very easy to do - Overall, Fixed Assets CS is a very sophisticated and helpful program.

Cons

Sometimes it felt a little too complicated for its own good. There is a lot of initial setting up you have to do when you set up a new client (i.e. layout and presentation of the depreciation schedule) which, unless you're familiar with the program, can result in a lot of trial and error. Mainly, I didn't like how I couldn't be in the entity's tax return at the same time. I know there was a way to access assets through the tax return but Fixed Assets CS had many more options, so i preferred working in that application when adding assets.

Peter

Tracking assets is a pain in the depreciation

Pros

When our firm has to enter more than 5 or so assets into a tax return we use this software to track them instead of our tax software. This simplifies the process for companies with a lot of assets. One of our firms' managers is very impressed with the software even though he has used other competitors out there and this one is the best he has used, in his opinion. There are LOTS of options for how to depreciate assets and you can even set up custom options for just about everything in the software. We had some training recently where we discovered areas of the software that we haven't even tapped into yet so it is VERY robust.

Cons

It requires logging in and this is fine - but setting up accounts and users can be problematic since they moved to a PIN system rather than our zip code and it took 3 of us in the office and several days of trying to figure it out (a few hours a day). It was a little less than pleasant experience even though it should have been seamless.

Kevin

Great Depreciation Software

It allows me to calculate the depreciation and amortization of various assets easily and efficiently.

Pros

Cons

It can be complicated at times to tie the numbers to the books, as there are sometimes rounding issues from conversion, but otherwise there is nothing I dislike about this software.

Amanda

Invaluable tool

Better at tracking the fixed assets than what is included in my client's software, so it has been very helpful.

Pros

We use this to track fixed assets for additions, disposals, and book and tax values/depreciation. It is invaluable. You can choose monthly, quarterly, or yearly depreciation/amortization. It has a wizard that helps to select the correct treatment if you aren't sure. Integrates with the rest of the CS suite.

Cons

Not the most intuitive software so there is a learning curve. There are so many features but you have to dig to find what you need sometimes.

Decent Fixed Assets Software

Used for preparing client financial statements and tax returns. Saved time entering asset related information on tax returns by importing to tax software quickly.

Pros

Cons

Can be difficult to navigate actions to perform on fixed asset data. Moderate learning curve to operate and accurately maintain asset listing.

Joe

good but watch the states

used it for 15+ years now, it does a good job overall, and once you learn the quirks its a great program.

Pros

does a great job on federal depreciation calculations, fixed asset wizard works great 90% of the time to get you the correct methods, Max 179 calculator is a great time saver. import feature is good

Cons

some state calculations don't work right with the wizard, NC and similar states don't compute accelerated deprecation adjustments correctly, some tax updates are slow to make their way into the software, overrides aren't always obvious on printed reports.

Kevin

Great Depreciation Software for Accounting

Pros

I use Fixed Assets CS daily, and it is very easy to input assets and calculate depreciation. It does all the calculations for you after entering the information. We really like it.

Cons

There is nothing I dislike about this software.

Best Accounting Gateway

We have been using this to keep a track about the calculations of depreciation and inventories for lot of big companies. Also the financial reporting is maintained in it.

Pros

The software is best and easy to use in term of calculation of depreciation, inventories, disposable assets, etc. Companies can keep the financial reporting handy and we'll prepared with this software.

Cons

It doesn't support Mac and phone versions and doesn't have audit trail as well. Initial setup becomes very difficult as lot of information is required which is really confusing.

Caleb

Great for Tax Use

Pros

I found the software to be very easy to use and apply for tax preparation. As a tax preparer, I was able to use the depreciation output and easily plug the numbers into my tax software. It helps make depreciation easier.

Cons

I wish the software gave a little more guidance on asset lives. That may be the biggest issue I've found in that classifying assets can be difficult.

Quality

Pros

This is the best fixed asset keeping software out there. It is good for both intermediate and advanced accounting professionals.

Cons

There are constant updates to the software, making it slightly challenging to keep up with the new additions.

NATALIE

Fixed Assets CS

It helps us keep track of asset depreciation history.

Pros

We have this in combination with Ultratax Cs and helps in depreciation management and asset accounting.

Cons

The cons of this software is that we are unable to use with Mac computers. Also doesn't leave an audit trail.

Devon

Pretty user friendly

Overall, I like the tool and plan to use it minimally throughout my career.

Pros

Easy to add and remove assets form lists. East to maintain reports and pull info as needed. I use many of the CS softwares.

Cons

I am not a tax professional so it wasn’t as easy for me to learn. Being on the assurance side, it is good to get to know software like this.

Kyle

Gets the job done

This software gets the job done, and is relatively easy to use.

Pros

This software is a great way to track fixed assets and their depreciation. The system is pretty basic and easy to use.

Cons

This software can run very slow at times, and needs to be updated to be more aesthetically pleasing.

4.53/5 out of 17 reviews