Browse Webgility Reviews

Michael from Custom Earpiece

Industry: Consumer Electronics

Webgility keeps the moving parts moving

We have an online store hosted using Volusion. We use QB online for accounting purposes. We use Infusionsoft as our CRM. Webgility connects all the pieces and keeps the orders synchronized in QB, and allows us to use a class that keeps Infusionsoft current. The customer service is great, although there have been times where I had to wait an hour or 2 for a call back. When we connect, the problem is always solved.

Pros

Webgility posts all of our transactions to Quickbooks online every evening. Set it up and forget about it.

Cons

Occasionally the link will break, but I don't know which piece of the puzzle causes that to occur.

Corey from Draperies.com

From manually invoicing to full yautomated invoicing!

Pros

Once we got it connected to our online selling platforms and Quickbooks, this software freed up so much of my time. I was invoicing 300+ orders manually each day, and was able to transition that over for Webgility to take on the full workload automatically and in seconds. Allowed me to transition into a more impactful position with the company.

Cons

Anytime you call support, you'll be on the phone for at least 45 minutes (even for a small task). Also, they do not have a notification system setup for update reminders, which causes bugfs and issues if you are not using the most up-yo-date version. A simple email notifcation to users would get trid of this problem.

Response from Webgility

Replied August 2021

Hey Corey, Thanks for the review! We're glad that Webgility has freed up time so you can focus on other parts of the business. As for support, sorry for the extra time spent on the phone. You can always use chat support right on our website, or check out the help center on our website: https://help.webgility.com/s/.

Brett from Posterprintshop.com

Decent Software / Horrific WooCommerce Integration

Horrible. Have been bringing this to their attention for months with no resolution. Keep promising to look into it, but they don't . They finally send reluctant email admitting that the reason the competitors plugins work properly is because the competitors (like ShipStation) are PROPERLY using the WooCommerce API and Webgility is not. When asked why they can't use the API and properly make a decent plugin, they say they'll get back us - but don't. IF YOU ARE USING WOOCOMMCERE - TRUST ME - AVOID WEBGILITY AT ALL COSTS. We have switched to ShipStation and it is working amazing, their support is amazing, and it's 10x cheaper. Lesson learned. Sorry Webgility - we tried to help you, and you ignored us.

Pros

The software has many great features, is able to ship using wide variety of carriers and presents your orders in useful ways, posts back to store channels and posts to QuickBooks.

Cons

Awful non-standard WooCommerce integration is ruining the software, and management has no desire to fix it. Instead of following industry standards and adhering to WooCommerce & plugin API's and documented best practices, they have written some crazy mess of spaghetti code years ago and try to band aid it with updates and customizations, making it so that every time WooCommerce updates (as well as their many plugins), various things stop working. We've spent hundreds hiring outside developers to customize the code to work properly with standard Woo plugins like Product Variations, Shipment Tracking, and more. Every developer has commented that the Webgility WooCommerce plugin is the biggest mess they've ever seen. Whenever we update plugins like reviews, tracking, WooCommerce, etc - Webgility will break, because they don't follow standards. We've been telling them this for years. So, just for fun this past week, we downloaded and installed default plugins from competitors like ShipStation and Atandra's T-Hub - guess what? They worked immediately with all plugins and no problems. That shows you Webgility is doing it wrong.

Chuck from Mission Mercantile

Long term, very satisfied user

We've been thoroughly pleased with both the functionality and support we've received from Webgility. Our support team (namely, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]) is very knowledgeable and easily reachable (no long hold times). They've "had our back" during our steady, aggressive growth over the past few years. Webgility has allowed us to run lean and has been a huge savings over our previous integrated solution.

Pros

- Integrates / syncs inventory & pricing with Shopify, Amazon and Quickbooks - shipping functionality - highly configurable - browser-based - affordable

Cons

- because of it's high configurability / functionality, implementation does take a bit longer

Michael from Stockton Aloe 1, Inc.

Poor customer service charged 3K annual because we didn't give a 7 day notice will not refund it.

They proved in the end to not care about what is right, but to care about one thing... the almighty dollar.

Pros

Similar to MyWorks For Woo QB integrations

Cons

less intuitive and Super Expensive compared to competition

Reasons for Choosing Webgility

We thought it would be better, but now having used both, we see MyWorks is more intuitive.

I strongly suggest you keep looking

I was an early adopter of their platform almost 9 years ago. I had regular issues that seemed to be a result of regularly changing software data structures and they struggled to keep up with it. I frequently had issues with corrupted data that resulted from issues with inventory and product sync. When they changed to a cloud-based product, they wanted to increase my yearly cost by 400% despite the issues I had experienced. Their off-shore support made getting issues addressed very difficult and inconvenient to address. After struggling with issues, I was renewed for another year in December of 2019. I protested and was told in February of 2020 that I would receive a refund. No refund ever came and when I pushed, I was told that I had paid for the year and they couldn't cancel me in the middle of the year despite the fact that I have proof they offered a cancellation. I just found out I was automatically charged again this past December. It was this most recent charge despite me NOT using the software for over a year that prompted me to write about my bad experiences.

Pros

It had promise in the beginning in an area without much competition.

Cons

The cost skyrocketed after they went to a cloud-based model and they became greedy. Their support is bare minimum and they struggle to keep up with updates

Steven from Kairos Companies

Industry: Machinery

Beware of Scam

After a month of not being able to reach anybody, I received a call back from a gentleman who was based overseas. He told me he was calling me back to schedule my set-up with an engineer. I responded that this was a month earlier I'd signed up and had since been set-up and running with another solution since I never heard back from them and was unable to get anybody to pick up my calls. He explained my 30 day trial was over but that if I allowed him to set up my software now, that would make up for it. I asked to speak to his manager. The next day another person in the same office called and again was very rude in explaining that my month trial was up but that he would extend my subscription for a month. THIS IS CLEARLY A SCAM AND I WOULD BEWARE

Pros

I did a trial of this software and it seemed like it would provide what was needed to link my Shopify store to Quickbooks, our accounting system.

Cons

I signed up for the plan based on the offer of a free 30-day trial. However, after paying by credit card and walking through all the features with a salesman the frustrations began. I was unable to get ahold of anybody after the initial email and called the (415) number listed on their correspondence, which is a San Francisco area code. However, I got voice mail any time I tried calling and the team is all in India.

Reasons for Choosing Webgility

This provider scammed me.

Reasons for Switching to Webgility

This provider scammed me.

Melissa from National Fatherhood Initiative

Webgility Made Us Work Harder

Overall we dreaed using it because things never seemed to work properly for us. This is why we eventually moved to a different product, Connex.

Pros

There wasn't much we liked about this product except that it worked sometimes. The product was clunky and not user friendly.

Cons

We had to spend a lot of time on hold with their customer support in another country for help. At times it was hard to understand the support person due to a heavy accent. The UI was difficult and the terminology was confusing.

Tracy from Tracy Arrington Studios

Industry: Luxury Goods & Jewelry

Great idea...problems implementing

Pros

I love that I can import my invoices from Shopify directly into QuickBooks Online. It saves us a lot of time and double entry and keeps us from making mistakes.

Cons

The concept is great but there are a few things you have to do right up front in order to make it work properly. Also, if your customer creates a login and their information is slightly different from QuickBooks it will create a new customer instead of adding this data to a current customer. The same thing goes with item numbers. You have to make sure you know exactly what to do Upfront for this system to work properly.

Sheri

Rene from American Textile & Apparel

Awesome integration tool

We have been using webgility to synchronize all of our e-commerce business. We use shopify, amazon, walmart and all of our sales and inventory is synchronized. Very good tool to keep everything in one place.

Pros

You can integrate any popular e-commerce platform with your accounting software. It also provides analytics and reporting of all the data going through your sales channels including sales orders and inventory.

Cons

We use it to sync our e-commerce business with quickbooks desktop, for this you need an extension installed and there are times where the extension glitches and you need to re-send data , etc. Maybe this could be improved for the desktop version of the extension.

Ina from MOTOGIRL LTD

UK Businesses Avoid

Exchausted, dealing with Covid and Brexit, and then so much of my time spending to help staff to identify missing orders, and fixing error manually was a nightmare. Not needed at this time.

Pros

Liked the linkage of records from Shopify to Webgility to Quickbooks. Undo function, to reverse an entry from Webgility to Quickbooks. Importing Fees from PayPal is a good functionality.

Cons

Every single week we had to raise or log a case since all transactions does not pull through, which meant we could not trust once automation. All fees went into our system with VAT, thus we had to manually update each record, or do a mass calculation and entry into Quickbooks. Support allowed us to share screen and we could show them the settings in Quickbooks, and that it is indeed a webgility error. Developers adjusted settings and now we have orders that sync with an error so can not be created in Quickbooks at all. Manual labour, testing and time spend just outweighing working with the company as a UK customer. If you a UK based company, make sure to see a lot of sections in USD, no time zone for UK etc... although they will assure you at point of sale the system caters for the UK. In summary, great functionality, but it does not work and data is unreliable. I think we have contributed to enhance functionality, but know that if you cancel early no refund. I will advise to pay monthly and try for 6 months before an annual subscription. We now implemented a more basic App, OneSaaS but not even completed the trial and we are automating, each and every transaction including VAT, Discounts, Fees and deposits and all data are pulling in correctly and no more manual editing in Quickbooks. A great way to start the year, making the switch.

Reasons for Choosing Webgility

Functionality, but sadly not working for UK customers

Lisa from PerioSciences

Great product for managing inventory, and Great support!

We sync inventory from WooCommerce to QuickBooks Enterprise

Pros

It seamlessly integrates our inventory from WooCommerce to QuickBooks Enterprise.

Cons

It is a very complicated software (as it should be, because we have a complicated inventory system). So setup and learning curve were long. But once we all got used to it, and learned how to set things up properly, we rarely experience problems anymore.

Reasons for Switching to Webgility

The software written by our IT person was no longer capable of handling the increase in sales.

Corey from Marine Depot Direct

Efficient tool for posting orders to Quickbooks!

Overall Webgility has really improved efficiencies in posting to Quickbooks and other selling platforms all together.

Pros

Posting orders to Quickbooks has been a game-changer for us. Previously we manually entered each order into Quickbooks (which took a long time). Webgility has helped speed up that process 10 fold!

Cons

Webgility is great, but gets buggy when there is an update to the software. Unfortunately, there is no way for them to send notifications every time there is a new software update, so we have to take a more reactive approach as opposed to proactively updating before we come across any issues.

Marissa from Rissy Roo's

ECC by Webgility for connection of Magento to Quickbooks POS

We are overall satisfied with Webgility, it has streamlined our order processing.

Pros

Easily connect your orders from Magento through ECC to Quickbooks POS to simplify the process of adding orders to Quickbooks POS, shipping orders, canceling orders, and Posting completed orders back to Magento so that customers receive tracking for the shipment.

Cons

Unfortunately this product has not allowed us to compare shipping rates across shipping providers, USPS and UPS.

Lissa from Brooklyn Bedding

Industry: Furniture

Webility

This has saved us valuable time in our daily invoicing.

Pros

We use with shipstation and zoey to pull in orders to our accounting software. Webgility has saved us hours of manually invoicing. A key feature is the ability to set up how each sales channel is posted.

Cons

The desktop version is far superior to the online version. The online version has less features that allow you to configure how the orders are posted.

Carlos from Chemseal Inc

great tool

Pros

this tool is great because it allows merchants with multiple sales channels to unify all their orders and expenses to their accounting system it is a great tooL!

Cons

the prices of this tool have increased a lot however we haven been customers since the begining of the app so we get good pricing.

Luca from Metro Screenworks

Industry: Business Supplies and Equipment

Webgility Review

Pros

Order download functionality it is good and I am liking it working with Webgility with Quick Books and Amazon

Cons

Avalara tax issue is there on which we are working to resolve. Customer service is working hard to resolve the issue.

Scott from Blue Wave Printing Display

Industry: Printing

Groundhog Day (the movie) same thing day after day

Upgraded to a new web platform and was informed they had the expertise to make the transition. We committed to the site change and Webgility was unable to connect to the site. Everyday was the same thing, "let me do a screen share" for a 1/2 hour, only to say "it doesn't work, let me see if we can fix it", next day "screen share again please, and since no one worked on it, it was the same 1/2 hour of screen share with no results. I watched a tech trace the Webgility logo for 10 min with the mouse....they had to know someone was watching? After a month I gave up and moved to another company who got us up and going. I asked for a prorated refund of the money we had pre-paid and was told we would get $700. back. That was July. Heard the "Check is in the mail" many times and still waiting for the refund here on Dec 10th.

Pros

It pulled our website accounting to quickbooks

Cons

Very slow at the process. Customer service was a joke

Jerry from lone Star Regional Service Office

Awesome Tech Support

Pros

Tech support was awesome. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was very professional and pleasant to work with. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] kept at it till my issue was resolved.

Cons

Would like tutorials. If y'all have them I don't know where they are.

Poor solution which reflects their leadership

Due to these continuous problems we tweaked how we used the tool which led to a decision to downgrade our subscription. Webgility was properly notified yet downgrade was not reflected when our subscription renewed. Despite numerous emails on the subject, Webgility was willing to honor the subscription adjustment as we had evidence of proper submission BUT not willing to refund difference. More or less only willing to extend subscription length - which would have been from 1 year to over 2 years. This concerned us as either their mgmt was unethical OR their viability was in trouble - so we decided to walk away from Webgility. Buyer beware with this company...

Pros

When working, does an ok job of doing what we needed.

Cons

Problem is that it broke down frequently which led to support calls and product reloads.

Adnan from Atos India

Unify Circuit

Pros

Better video chat and ease of screen sharing over both PC& mobile platform Mobile platform support is excellent

Cons

Integration with Federated services for other domains is yet to evolve. Integration with other UC tools to improve

George from Vtronix

Industry: Wholesale

Great Service by Webgility support team

Great

Pros

Makes all things much easier, keeping inventory and all other aspects

Cons

I really do not have anything bad going for this service so all I can say is so far so good

August 2016

Byron

August 2016

Great for quickbooks

I love Webgility! My company has used it for years to help with our eCommerce business. It saves so much time from having to put orders from Amazon into quick books manually. It also takes out the human error element of entering so many orders!

Pros

Time saver! Makes managing our ecommerce business much easier!

Cons

Can have unit of measure complications if you sell products in multiple packaging options.

Scott from E-commerce

Customer Support is hard to come by

Pros

Seems to offer a lot of features, support was good at first. I would recommend people think twice and go where the support is high rated.

Cons

The customer support is very lacking. They seem to rarely respond and takes weeks to do anything. Don't seem to take as seriously once you have already signed the contract.

Poor Experience

Very dissatisfied with what we paid for and had too many issues trying to compensate for the lack of supported features.

Pros

Eliminates workload for posting transactions to QuickBooks. Connects to multiple channels (Amazon, Ebay, etc)

Cons

Does not support unpopular shopping cart modules i.e.(Shopsite). Expensive for such little features. Expensive and timely customization work Too many irrelevant buttons that do absolutely nothing. Customer service is hard to reach. Inconsistent account management

Austin from The Cigar Thief

Industry: Tobacco

Terrible Customer Service

TERRIBLE. WOULD NOT RECCOMEND TO ANYONE FOR ANY REASON.

Pros

The ability to give me a total cost for each order with shipping included.

Cons

ABSOLUTLEY TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE. GO SOMEWHERE ELSE>

Tevin from Ultimate Washer Inc.

Poor Experience All-around

Before any business considers this software, do your own research and know exactly what you are getting before you decide to purchase.

Pros

Connecting to multiple channels (Amazon, Ebay) Connecting to QuickBooks, posting transactions quicker.

Cons

Customer service is not easy to work with. Expensive tool for limited features. Expensive customization work that does not function completely. Limited shopping cart modules.

Manage your online retail company from one single dashboard

Pros

Perfect for multichannel selling. Integrates with Zero and Quickbooks Desktop and Quickbooks online. Sync's inventory across platforms.

Cons

Needs additional features such as: Purchase Orders, Vendors and Secondary Suppliers, Inventory cycle counts. A good start, but will still need to piece on additional software to get a full business solution.

Tyler from OSDS

Terrible, do not purchse!

Pros

Implementation expert was friendly and supportive.

Cons

Terrible customer service. Lost thousands trying to integrate with them. Tried to cancel order but they weren't able to give even a partial refund. Said I missed their 30 day refund policy, yet it took them over 60 days to get us set up?? How could I make the 30 day refund period when the set up took longer than 30 days??

Mark from M&M Cage Company LLC

Trial period is not a trial, you will pay

When I discovered that the software would not meet my needs Webgility did not honor their trial period. They charged me for 3 months and now refuse to reply to any emails or phone calls. If their software was that good why would they need to take $500 from a struggling businessman?

Pros

Nothing, They charged me for 3 months service while in the trial period and refused to refund it.

Cons

It only captured sales from my outlets, not any fees.

Zack

Terrible Customer Support

Terrible customer support. It's been 1 month and they still haven't set up the software properly for me.

Pros

Very detailed reports of both every single payment and the user details

Cons

The customer support is terrible and getting it setup is a headache and a half