Avaza

Avaza Reviews

• icon"I like that Avaza simplifies issue, time and cost tracking on projects. Integration with third-party applications is an added advantage as it advances capabilities."
  • icon"Avaza is a very powerful tool for managing timesheet and projects scheduling, it is very easy to add your timesheet on daily or weekly basis. Scheduling is also a very easy and flexible."
  • icon"Furthermore the timesheets are well integrated into the software. The collaboration with internal and external (customers/suppliers) people is well designed and easy to manage."
  • icon"No way to use offline on pc as its an online web based application."
  • icon"While there are some issues with Avaza, they're all very minor. Simple things like limited viewing options for time sheets, the inability to assign tasks to multiple users, and the limited templates."
  • icon"I just get confused and get lost with so much reporting options. Also, I think the report should be under every particular subject."

Browse all Avaza Reviews

• Have you used Avaza and would like to share your experience with others?

Mike

Company size: 2 - 10 employees

Great Billing System for Professional Services

Juliana

Great to have everything from task management to invoicing in one place

Avaza deserves a shout out for their customer service. You can reach them via chat, and you usually get a reply within a few minutes. They have the best service of any vendor I've ever worked with.

Pros

The task management system is robust and easy to learn, so onboarding new people is simple. And for us, a big benefit was going straight from project to invoice. No more importing or exporting information and doubling up on data entry tasks.

Cons

Scheduling recurring tasks is currently a little clumsy. You cannot set a task for "First Monday" of the month, for example. However, I'm told they have improved scheduling for recurring tasks in the works by their customer service.

Reasons for switching to Avaza

Wanted more robust software. And I liked the fact that invoices and task management is in one place.

Hanno

The most comprehensive free Project Management Tool I know

I wanted to plan the founding process of my new agency and AVAZA helped me a lot with it.

Pros

It's richness on features. Gantt-Charts, easy import and export of data, integrated time tracking.

Cons

It's not as fast and beautiful as other tools.

It has more features.

Reasons for switching to Avaza

I was looking for something more sophisticated.

Erica

June 2022

I'll Never Use Another Software

Easy to use and seamless once you get setup. Overall I love all their features.

Pros

The time tracking and filter reporting system were a must have for me when shopping for softwares. Avaza is the only software that met those needs perfectly.

Cons

If I had to put something, I'd say that task roll-overs aren't as suitable as I would like. I would like for the new created tasks to be able to roll-over with more clarity as to which new job this is. Also, I do not like that completed tasks continue to show up as a timesheet task after completion as this over-populates and confuses this area. This would be never ending if you had weekly task completions that rolled over.

Reasons for choosing Avaza

There were over 60 products from all over the world that I tried and did trials on. Avaza was the only software that met my needs. Avaza was the only software that provided the reporting filtering system that I needed with their time management.

Reasons for switching to Avaza

Functional but not a perfect fit

Pros

I liked the clean structure of Avaza, and the budget features. It's a good option for a business who doesn't rely heavily on project management to drive their productivity. Their customer service was very helpful though when I was letting them know we were going in another direction and they genuinely seemed to want to know what was driving our decision.

Cons

We run a marketing/PR based business, and we were looking for a one-stop-shop project management and back office system. While we knew that was a long shot, we tried Avaza for several months and even gave them a second go when our current system wasn't doing everything we needed as well. I would have liked to see Avaza have different dashboard customization views so we could tailor the system to be more project centered instead of a financial view upon logging in. Since we use a different billing and accounting software, this data on our dashboard would remain blank and the dashboard wouldn't even be utilized. Also by the time we added all of our employees and contractors to have timesheet accessibility, we would have been paying a lot more in extra monthly fees than we were looking to spend. It just started really adding up for us when other software companies offer these options within their pricing tiers.

Response from Avaza Software

Hi Sarah, thanks for your feedback. Avaza rolled out a fully customizable account dashboard some time back. User can add and remove dashboard widgets as they wish. We plan to add to the widget library over time. As for pricing, we believe Avaza is one of the most price competitive product in the market.

Replied August 2020

Jean Michel

May 2022

Excellent product

Allows me to get extremely useful insight into our operations on a per project basis

Pros

Very easy to implement and use, easy time and cost tracking per project, good estimate management

Cons

Tried to upload past timesheets from another software app - failed! WIP management is not as easy as I thought but I am getting there

Reasons for switching to Avaza

I previously used an on premises version and wanted to get an online app with full reporting

Daintree

Definitely aiming to be all-in-one software

Good, solid tool with good reliability.

Pros

It is easy to navigate and use, and the project boards are quite customisable.

Cons

It does not excel at any one thing, but rather is seeking to do many (all?) things. Also, the pricing model (while inexpensive) is confusing/restrictive.

Ariana

Industry: Executive Office

Avaza is great for time management in work enviroments!

Amazing, I thought I would need days and hours with the technical support team the first day that I used it but it's very easy and friendly, I don't use any part that includes Billing or money but I think it's overall easy t use and you can benefit greatly from it!

Pros

Timesheets and task assignments are the ones I use the most and the ones that are the core of organizing your team, I think they are very well done.

Cons

We cannot multitask, which is not an option, it would be amazing to have a feature that allows you to say in the timesheet that you are doing multiple tasks at the same time. And it'd be great if we could assign tasks to more than one person within a project!

Response from Avaza Software

Hi Ariana, thanks for taking the time and leaving us a detailed review. A single timesheet can only be linked to a single task however there is no restriction to add multiple timesheets for the same time. Assigning multiple users to the same tasks is on our product roadmap and we will make sure your vote is added to the relevant feature. Once again thanks for your support and please feel free to reach out to our friendly 24/7 Customer Success team if you have any other suggestions or require assistance.

Replied July 2021

Juan

Loving it (understanding that needs some improvements)

It has been great! better than other software companies. I hope they get to work in our request to improve the software

Pros

Easy to use and create projects. white label client portal. Like the interaction that my clients have with the software. Great customer service!

Cons

You cannot assign general tasks per client only by specific project. You cannot have recurrent projects and you have to generate a new project every month (time consuming) (it is important to mention that there are recurrent tasks but this doesn't impact the budget). the system does not have CRM, most of competitors have a sort of CRM

Reasons for switching to Avaza

Customer service, many glitches in the software facing my clients

Aziz

The perfect solution for managing freelance projects

Pros

I would say that one of the best features Avaza offers is the project management feature. It was really easy to use and had allowed me to visualize the progress that was being made in each project.

Cons

Avaza is such a great software and it included way more than what I was expecting. But I think it would be better if the developers provided more frequent updates for the mobile app.

Reasons for choosing Avaza

Other invoicing tools did not offer the option to get paid on Payoneer. Most of them were offering PayPal as the only way to get paid while Avaza is an official Stripe partner and is also integrating with Payoneer.

Kevin

Industry: Executive Office

December 2021

A good User Experience

Pros

It really helps connecting with the team using the chat feature as well as being able to modify and edit the Tasks themselves from any end.

Cons

It is sometimes not very intuitive in how to use it and you need to move around a lot in order to take advantage of the features, such as attaching files AFTER you already created a task.

Reasons for switching to Avaza

It incorporates all of the products' features within Avaza itself!

Aron

Major Fan

So far no software could beat this.

Pros

Everything - Gantt charts, Seamless invoicing & Full project and task management. Also great team management capabilities.

Cons

Wish there was a chrome extension along to easily clock time without visiting the tab.

Reasons for switching to Avaza

Better Task management - Gantt charts - team management speed and more.

lisa

August 2022

I found Avaza after a long search

I needed a system that I could manage the whole project, from setting up clients, adding users, setting up projects and monitoring progress, then through to invoicing. On the whole, Avaza is great for this.

Pros

I found Avaza after a long search for a very specific feature set. Lots of products do product management and many do invoicing. Finding a product that did both made life a lot easier for managing my invoicing and payments for jobs.

Cons

Some features could be improved for usability, such as: * setting up invoices for timesheets (too many options which aren't particularly clear) * Client contact details and projects are separated in the system which can mean a lot of back and forth * The settings pages could do with a run through with a UX designer as there's a lot of information and it's sometimes difficult to find specifics (e.g., there's invoice setup in settings which would be better under the Invoicing menu item)

Reasons for choosing Avaza

I can't actually recall, sorry. It's been a few years

Reasons for switching to Avaza

I made the switch because I needed a single place to manage work and projects through to invoicing

Simon

An excellent, intuitive, and easy-to-use project & task management system

Right from the outset, the sales process and demonstration walkthrough made the decision to migrate to Avaza easy. Avaza's importing process enabled us to export tasks from our old system and import into Avaza. Avaza's support is very responsive - and they've even made changes based on suggestions from me.

Pros

I have used a raft of alternative task & project management SaaS (software as a service) solutions. Additionally, I have trialled around 15-20 different task & project management SaaS solutions. With out a doubt, Avaza is the best solution I have ever used; it is intuitive, easy-to-use, very responsive in speed, has a great smartPhone app to compliment the web-based system, it integrates with Xero (for accounts), and has a raft of sophisticated features and views (Kanban-styled boards, Gantt Charts, task lists, priority views, status views, etc, etc etc!). The features we don't as yet use include Estimate and Invoicing creation, but we may well move to using these too.

Cons

A great SaaS solution and I think if I was to want to additional features added, then one would be chat integration (currently comments are available, but no chat). And the 2nd would be an enhanced file management facility, whereby you could upload to a File Repository/Folder, tag the image, assign it to a project, rename the virtual file name, and move it to another folder for housekeeping.

Reasons for choosing Avaza

User interface experience, modern framework, task creation/update speed, simplicity but with superb functionality, support, and price.

Reasons for switching to Avaza

We found ProofHub clunky, lacking in features, slow support help when needed, and expensive for what it provided. Avaza solved all these issues - and is a lot cheaper than ProofHub.

Response from Avaza Software

Hi Simon, we are excited to inform you that we have launched the Avaza chat module. The new module enables Direct, Group, Channel and Task chat from a single user interface. A truly unified inbox for all your discussions. The mobile app with push notifications keeps you up to date with all your discussions. You can learn more by following this link https://www.avaza.com/chat I hope you enjoy the new chat module and we look forward to receiving your feedback.

Replied January 2021

Grace

Great project and resource management tool

I've looked into so many project + resource management tools – from Trello to Airtable to Monday.com – and Avaza is the only one that allows me to create projects, estimate hours, manage capacity, and track time in the same platform, without spending a lot of time configuring it. I was able to set up Avaza using a project spreadsheet I had already created and the whole configuration process was pretty quick.

Pros

I love that it combines resources management and project management into one tool. Perfect for small design studios and agencies that need to know if their employees have the bandwidth to take on a new project (it also takes into account holiday/vacation time!). I use Avaza to create project estimates for clients, knowing that I can easily import from a spreadsheet and adjust timeline/dependencies once the project is confirmed. All on the free plan, too!

Cons

The UI could be a bit better-designed. There are some things, like the top toolbar design and the navigation menu for projects, that aren't really the best user experience. But then again, I'm a designer. My only complaint is that it's hard to bulk-edit tasks and it's not possible to do so with CSV import; you can't even select multiple tasks to delete, which can be an administrative time suck if you have a lot of tasks to edit/delete from a project.

Reasons for choosing Avaza

I needed time tracking, resource management, and project planning in the same tool – without spending hours setting up formulas to connect each of these things to each other.

Miguel

Industry: Graphic Design

Delivering Client Projects Is Easy With Avaza

Avaza is not overly complex, so it cannot accommodate really heavy projects with large teams or complexities. It does, though, provide amazing results for teams with a more direct approach to project delivery. I was able to implement its use in a software development firm that specialized in cloud applications. Specializing in Microsoft's online SharePoint environments, Avaza was the tool of choice to manage projects dealing with migrations and customization of such sites. It did include large projects and small ones, and managed time tracking for billing, as these were on an hourly basis. The features were just right. But because there was no custom coding and developing for which unit testing or QA department involvement, Avaza worked extremely well for them.

Pros

Avaza has all the core functionality that lets any business successfully manage and deliver client projects. It is not just for development projects. It can be used in a wide array of industries because of this basic general core of features. For starters, Avaza manages contacts and distinguishes them between clients (external contacts) and team members. It uses this to connect projects to its clients and the resources that will be working on these projects. The roles for the contacts are manage in the contacts section as well, allowing the admin to connect just the right resources and the features they need. Adding projects is fairly simple, as well. Create a new project and allocate the client to it. That is it. Then add the necessary tasks for the project, allocating team members from the contact list. You can even group into sections that can represent milestones, features, epics, or any description that fits your project or organizational business needs. Project views can also be customized. You can view projects in a Kanban styled board, as a Gantt chart or even as a list. Team members track time against the tasks until completion and the process is quite simple and straightforward. Avaza also provides team scheduling and provides forecasting capabilities across one or more projects. You can also manage timesheets, expenses and recurring expenses for all the projects in Avaza. Avaza offers the capabilities of providing your clients with quotes or estimates for projects, as well as managing invoicing, recurring invoices, credit notes and payments. And you can track all the work via an extensive library of reports.

Cons

Avaza is not a feature rich product for large enterprises or large projects with large teams, as these must track defects, reworks, testing and a host of other tasks that often have dependencies upon others. This is something Avaza does not manage and trying to track this level of effort is not something that can be done. So, this is definitely for smaller organizations or teams with basic projects.

Santiago

More than a program, it is an experience for the management of your projects.

The internal organization is fundamental to be able to fulfill our own goals, and at the same time, with the clients that believe in our commercial offer. Thanks to Avaza we have managed to engage efforts that were not identified to achieve the internal goals, since we implemented it, our level of communication has reached the best levels of communication, which translates into a reduction of time in activities that in the past They took days or even weeks. Since we worked with Avaza there are no missing links of information, we have reached a point that without Avaza it would take years to achieve.

Pros

One of the things that I liked most, is the interface that they offer to all their users, it is the best for those of us who are more visual when working. Another aspect that many do not know but that I love, is to be able to integrate Avaza with other platforms so that the reach is greater, I have managed to move from one platform to the other without losing time or reducing the value that Avaza gives me. Also, the commercial offer they offer is the most competitive, because you can start your venture without sacrificing all the capital with which you account, and being stable you can know the available improvements so that you achieve new goals within your company. Another functionality that I like, is to be able to have a great integration with email, apart, it allows me to monitor all projects and important events for the company, it is a vital support that greatly improves performance.

Cons

It would be unfair to identify negative aspects, because the capabilities that you offer for your work on anything happens, I have reviewed the platform for a long time and to date, I have not found anything that changes my positive perception about Avaza.

Cameron

Great Project Management Tool for small teams

I found Avaza through G Suite, and I am sooooo glad I did! It is a VERY well full feature application for small teams for the cost. Unfortunately, I no longer have the G Suite account, but I still use Avaza...was NOT about to let it go! The features are rich, it does a lot, allows for customization and flexibility...and I am sure I still haven't discovered other things it is capable of doing because it was so easy to get in and start keeping track of projects...I honestly haven't had time to go in-depth with other features. I have a very small company with my partner and it is great. Clients (who do not have PM app experience or technical knowledge) were able to easily get in and understand what they needed to do....it is great!

Pros

Ease of use, flexibility, features, customization options.

Cons

Add-on costs...I still don't understand how it is that if I add an additional administrator, why they are not part of the Scheduling User as well. If they are an Admin, they should be everything as well. It seems odd.

Reasons for choosing Avaza

Cost for the features and ease of use

Reasons for switching to Avaza

Avaza keeps things more organized and has more features for the price.

Nathan

Awesome Value Robust Features

Overall it is a GREAT value for the money, they are spot on with value/$. While I miss some of the enterprise level features that SmartSheets and their competitors offer, I find the variety and quick to implement features of AVAZA to be outstanding!

Pros

The price point on this software is PERFECT for small startups, the support is included without heavy add on cost and the support is VERY GOOD, quick and EASY to understand!. Architecturally the layout is very nice, the user interface is easy to navigate and the color schema is pleasant. Working in the tool is mostly straightforward and easy to figure out without watching a ton of self help videos.

Cons

The reporting tool could use a minor update to the user interface so things are a little easier to use, The collaboration features could also use an update to have some sort of chat like function making collaboration easier. Zapier connection is nice but seems to be picky, one of my zaps to create Avaza tasks works for everyone on the team except one person. Kind of weird but not critical.

Reasons for switching to Avaza

Cost per user was too high for a startup.

Response from Avaza Software

Hi Nathan, we are excited to inform you that we have launched the Avaza chat module. The new module enables Direct, Group, Channel and Task chat from a single user interface. A truly unified inbox for all your discussions. The mobile app with push notifications keeps you up to date with all your discussions. You can learn more by following this link https://www.avaza.com/chat I hope you enjoy the new chat module and we look forward to receiving your feedback.

Replied January 2021

Marylou

New to Avaza and likely to stay

I’m quite pleased with Avaza. I switched over from Monday.com and of course the price here is so affordable, which is great since price is why we did not stay at Monday.com past their free trial. I remember thinking Avaza really wasn’t all that different in layout, which is a good thing, but it’s some of the extra features here and there that I need to learn more about as I continue to get comfortable with the site.

Pros

Mostly being able to work with other people who aren’t with me physically. There’s a lot of details that can be involved and I’m still able to have others stay on the same page as me. Side note, so in love with the fact you guys have an app.

Cons

I’m not sure if this is an option but a task prioritization feature is always helpful to me. There’s always something that needs to get done, but deciding what to get done first and being able to identify it quickly is important to me.

Reasons for switching to Avaza

Monday.com’s pricing was absolutely insane for our business which is just starting up.

Response from Avaza Software

Hi Marylou, Thanks for taking the time and leaving us a detailed review. Avaza supports prioritising tasks. You can configure priorities based on your needs with colour codes. Tasks can be grouped by priority as well. Our customer support team is available 24/7 to assist you with setting up your Avaza account and answer any questions you may have.

Replied July 2021

Nawar

Avaza Review

We have tried different tools and tested a lot of other tools but didn't find anything like Avaza for managing the timesheets, scheduling and reporting

Pros

Cons

When scheduling someone for long time (Say a year) and want to schedule another project for the same person during this year, this will lead to over scheduling and can't be interrupted. best way to do this is on monthly basis.

Response from Avaza Software

Hi Nawar, thanks for your review. As for long-running schedule assignments, you can simply edit the assignment, reduce its date range and add the new assignments. Having said that we do plan to add support for splitting assignments to make this process a bit quicker. We will add your vote for that feature and notify you as soon as it becomes available.

Replied October 2020

Lauren

Streamlining studio processes

Before we discovered Avaza, we were seriously looking into designing and developing our own software because we just couldn't find one programme that did everything we needed. It's early days, but I'm very optimistic that Avaza is going to save us from having to take on that huge project!

Pros

As a young company, we are learning every day. We want the software we use to have a wealth of features, so that our team members only need to have one window open. Previously, we were having to use slack for one thing, 10,000ft for another, and excel to track timesheets. It just wasn't streamlined. We're only very new to Avaza, but so far it looks as though it might be the answer to all our previous issues.

Cons

This isn't a con of the software, as such, but we're used to how we used to do things and now we're having to learn something new, around our actual jobs! So, the change is currently causing extra work, but that will settle down. As a design studio, we are mostly visual people, so I do find the schedule views quite hard to follow. The team view is actually easier for me, but as a user I don't have access to that. Also, we collaborate daily, so being able to see what everyone is working on would just be an added benefit.

Reasons for switching to Avaza

10kft only does one of the many things we needed it to do. It was very basic, didn't show all the information the team needed, and was clunky to use.

Lukasz

Great project management tool

An intuitive project management tool that includes all of the important components of project management in a single interface. My experience so far has been very positive.

Pros

Avaza makes it easy to collaborate on projects and tasks with clients and teammates. Especially, I appreciate the fact that notifications and messages are sent directly to my email. I like how easy it is to use. Our clients learn it quickly and enjoy working with it, so we can complete projects faster. The free plan is great as you can test out the service before buying and the pricing is also very reasonable.

Cons

It is possible to issue invoices in one currency per client. I would like to send invoices to the same client in different currencies.

Reasons for choosing Avaza

Less expensive and/or more features

Giles

Industry: Graphic Design

Best project management system out there 5*

Really good on the whole. Love the fact that I can estimate, proj manage and invoice from the same system.

Pros

It's a complete solution and shares most of the best features of it's competitors. The fact that you can not only project manage but also use it for account keeping is a game changer. Very reasonable pricing too. Best product on the market be a LOOOOOONG way!

Cons

I use the estimates to generate my projects. If you have to make changes to the estimate (eg. client asks for something additional within a project) you cannot update the project you created and have to make a whole new project and then manually update any time you have captured against tasks. Bit painful that.

Better solution. Accoutn keeping features Better pricing Better trial terms

Streamtime pricing and limitations

Gemma

Avaza has changed my business and alongside that... life!

The best thing about Avaza is it solves so many problems in one easy to use program that can be accessed from anywhere. Couple this with a Dropbox account and you can access everything you could possibly need from anywhere with an internet connection. They even have a handy app version for your phone and iPad. Currently my whole sales and design process from start to finish runs from Avaza - estimate, management, invoice, payment and follow ups. My life is easier and I am more productive.

Pros

Project management has become a dream. It is so simple and easy to create and schedule tasks. I can work at a fixed rate or with timesheets easily. Clients can view beautiful estimates and invoices in PDF format or online. The 'pay online' feature is great as it makes it so much easier to get paid - which means less time chasing up invoices!

Cons

I wish Avaza was easier to use in the first instance. After spending some time getting my head round it I have realised it is perfect for what I need but in the beginning I was missing out on some really useful tools as I didn't know about them or didn't know how to use them. Although it is worth mentioning that Avaza's support team are extremely friendly and helpful whenever you have a question. Stick with it, ask the questions and you won't look back.

Response from Avaza Software

Thanks, Gemma for your review and shoutout to the support team. We are continually improving the onboarding experience with an improved Get Start page, better onboarding emails and more.

Replied December 2020