What are Emburse SpringAhead users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using Emburse SpringAhead software through verified user reviews

• icon"SpringAhead is super easy to use, navigate, approvals are easy too, and has the reporting we need for project based time keeping."
  • icon"Ability to save and submit time sheet as many time I want. User friendly interface."
  • icon"Very easy to configure, relatively inexpensive, syncs with QuickBooks."
  • icon"They made no changes to the software in the 6 years that we used them."
  • icon"I don't understand how to use their pay rates, etc. I tried to set them up for our hourly employees, but I did something wrong."
  • icon"The responders will only work with appointments that are very limited. The biggest challenge is with the high turnover of the technical staff to whom our company was assigned."

Browse all Emburse SpringAhead Reviews

• Have you used Emburse SpringAhead and would like to share your experience with others?

Adding time is easy

Springahead is user friendly and gives clear error messages. It is easy to add and delete job codes but seems like it may be a lot of work for an admin to keep up with if clients are more fluid.

Pros

Easy to add time or use timer options when using billable hours

Cons

The fact that you have to have a reason for adding time after the date has passed is a hassle. I am an hourly employee and log my hours off line and transfer in at one time each month. Admin should have an override for this function

Shannon

Industry: Architecture & Planning

SpringAhead - User Friendly Timekeeping System

We had to switch from a previous timekeeping software as it did not provide all of the needed items that our client was requesting on timesheets (Logo, timestamps, etc.). SpringAhead was the perfect fit! In fact, our client asked us if they could have other contractors reach out to us to find out what system we were using as it checked all of their boxes.

Pros

The ease of use (as an administrator and end user) is fantastic. Also, the fact that when we were setting up the system, we were able to add in the items that we needed (logo on our timesheets, specific tasks, etc.). SpringAhead was much easier to use than our previous software which did not provide us with all of the items that we needed.

Cons

I can't think of any things that I don't like about this system.

Reasons for switching to Emburse SpringAhead

Due to client requirements on the timesheets (we had to provide copies of timesheets as backup for invoicing), our old system did not allow us to fulfill all of the requirements.

Cindy

Changes are in the works

I used it for time tracking. I recently changed to a different product. The customer service was sorely lacking from inception to the time I cancelled my subscription.

Pros

I was able to sync time to QuickBooks..

Cons

Setting up a new job, employee and getting everything to work well always had glitches. Even after using the software for years I never felt that I really felt confident with it.

Reasons for choosing Emburse SpringAhead

I chose them for cost.

Denise

Good luck trying to cancel

11 years fine (easy enough to use) last several months NIGHTMARE

Pros

This software worked fine for 11 years, until they jacked up the price to more than double

Cons

No warning; jacked up the price, I found MUCH more reasonable software to do the same thing. Springahead has ZERO customer service, and I cannot get them to stop charging me, even though I canceled months ago. I DO NOT RECOMMEND THEM for total lack of customer support.

SpringAhead

Pros

I like the ability to customize projects with tasks so there is a detailed understanding of where a project stands.

Cons

The search function does not work very well. I also do not like that each week you have to copy your entire timesheet and delete out the time in order to keep all of the needed projects in it. That is time consuming when you have a lot of different projects that you are billing to each week.

Buckley

July 2009

Virthual Time for timesheet reporting

I found this software to be much better than Time Tracker because my staff has to submit a lot of Expense reports. Time Tracker did not allow them to submit both Time Sheets and Expense Reports. Virtual Time allows them to submit both and I can approve them and download them into Quickbooks at the same time. Virtual Time is synched with my Quickbooks so that all of our clients and services are already there in the drop down menu for my staff.

Pros

My employees can enter their time via the web from home and I can use Virtual Time to download their time into Quickbooks saving me a lot of time and energy. My payroll company capital-accouting.com has a deal with this company saving me a lot of time and money in the set-up and Virtual Time has been responsive with any issues I have had in editing it to fit my needs.

Cons

The Notes section of Expense reports does not translate over to Quickbooks, so I have to re-enter that information when I create the Invoices on Quickbooks. The people at Virtual Time are trying to create and end run around this issue. I did have my accounting/payroll company set it up for me, as that part was somewhat complicated.

Industry: Research

Easy to Use

We do not use all of SpringAhead's features, but what we do use is easy to grasp and put into practice.

Pros

SpringAhead is very easy to use from the very beginning. When I onboard new employees, it takes very little training to get them started.

Jim

Dinosaur Age Product

Pros

The software is easy to use and works as intended. The integration with QuickBooks is flawless. SpringAhead is a good stable but very basic software that you can rely on.

Cons

They made no changes to the software in the 6 years that we used them. Things to improve upon include PTO accrual options, Mobile App, increased attachment sizes, time off requests, city/state and vendor confirmation within the expense system, and more... SpringAhead made it clear to us that they have to intention of making some of these changes. They are falling behind the times. Check them out... their most recent blog post on their website is 3 years old.

Basic cloud-based time and expense tracking software

Overall, my organization has had good enough experience that we are not actively looking elsewhere.

Pros

The cloud-based nature of SpringAhead makes it very easy to enter time and expenses from anywhere with internet.

Cons

With many different jobs or time tracking categories, it can get cluttered and confusing when trying to use the drop-down menu.

john

May 2015

Time and Expense entry

Overall a pretty good time and expense entry system. Need to have a mobile app for people always on the road and an expanded attachment size. The limitation of attachments to 5MB is unrealisitic. My personal expenses using a mobile app for taking pictures of receipts to upload into springahead works great except most reports at the end of the week end up around 6MB and i have to email it - convert it to a doc or as jpg images and convert it back to a pdf to attach to expense report. Needs to up brought into the 21st century

Max

Industry: Environmental Services

Springahead review

Pros

very easy to input time, job tasks are relatively easy to find

Cons

it times out when you are inputting your time and you lose everything if you don't remember to save. finding benefit hours is not very easy

Md Muhibbul

SpringAhead review from Muhibbul

Overall, I am satisfied with SpringAhead software for time tracking with overall user friendly experience. It is also easy to maintain. Thanks!

Pros

1) Ease of use to upload time sheet with putting note whenever time sheet is not approved. 2) Ability to upload time sheet in any format like pdf or image. 3) Ability to save and submit time sheet as many time I want. 4) User friendly interface.

Cons

1) Sometimes, even though time sheet was uploaded successfully, but it says error in uploading which gives wrong impression. 2) Probably more secured password pattern should be used.

Kevin

Sprinh Ahead - mgmt software

Excellant, only couple of issues with the QB desktop to online conversion, but not Spring Ahead's fault.

Pros

Extremely easy to use for people of all technical abilities. The ability to attach receipts for expense tracking is great. Interfaces with both QuickBooks desktop and Online versions. Remote access is great.

Cons

Tech support could be faster to repsond.

Leticia

Industry: Defense & Space

Easy to use and navigate

Pros

Cons

It does not integrate with our HR system so we are always having to pull a report from SpringAhead to make the adjustments in our HR system.

Katie

SpringAhead

Overall experience has been positive. When needed customer support, it came quickly and easily.

Pros

Excellent timekeeping software, especially when DCAA compliance is required. Easy for employees and contractors to use. QuickBooks compatible.

Cons

The setup for each employee is somewhat timely when getting them added to the system and various jobs/items.

TIMMETRIA

Awesome for payroll

The set up is genus. I love the layout and organization of the software. It is compartmentalize in the expense and timesheet submission section very well. It gives you room to adjust and personalize what your doing so it's easly communicated. I love that you're able to export report files by whatever timeframe you like

Pros

I like that this software has alot of features and functions.

Cons

I had little pet peeves but nothing major to dislike the software. A couple issues with uploading attachments. It could be because I use this software on my mobile device.

Simple time, expense, billing software

Good overall product for the price

Pros

Very easy to configure, relatively inexpensive, syncs with QuickBooks

Cons

Sometimes have had sync problems, reporting is a little limited

Zeeshan

Ease of Filling Time Sheet

Pros

Really easy to fillout in no time and user friendly

Cons

Online availability and tranmission only

SpringAhead's functionality is very good, but it suffers from poor customer support & high turnover.

Pros

The functionality is quite good. The integration with QB is good but there is little customer support that can provide truly good instruction for the initial setup and actual implementation.

Cons

SpringAhead suffers from poor customer support & high turnover. Once the initial customer support is provided with the basic package, there is no option to purchase additional technical support. The responders will only work with appointments that are very limited. The biggest challenge is with the high turnover of the technical staff to whom our company was assigned.

Vince

Industry: Defense & Space

Outstanding time saver

Payroll time is cut by 90%. Reports are easy to obtain. Users like the web based timekeeping.

Pros

Integration with QuickBooks is quick and seamless. Vastly decreased our payroll efforts and increased accuracy. Customer service is one of the best I've ever dealt with.

Cons

There are multiple ways to accomplish certain things and it's not always intuitive.

Lori

Promises Promises Promises

We have been with SpringAhead since 2008. We were made promises prior to our signing up and they have been dangling the carrot ever since. The customer support is fast and friendly but don't expect miracles. If you are looking at an ATS or CRM, get a package that includes the time tracking feature, you will save yourself a lot of work and headaches. Example: the NEW Customer Invites sent out from SpringAhead contains verbiage applicable to a person entering time not a person set up to approve time..... it's embarrassing and we are continually asked about it and have continually asked that it be changed for years. Also, the permission levels are horrible, basically non-existent.

Emburse SpringAhead