All Fishbowl Reviews

Billy

Facilities Services, 11-50 employees

Reviewed April 2022

Great investment

We have saved quite a bit of time with Fishbowl compared to our previous software.

PROS

Fishbowl is simple to use. Everything is easy to find. Search features work well. All facets integrate well.

CONS

It’s been a bit of a struggle to integrate all aspects of our diverse business.

Price

Reasons for switching to Fishbowl

Fishbowl had more to offer.

Kevin

Retail, 11-50 employees

User Friendly ERP System

PROS

Easy to use, and thorough support documentation

CONS

Cost seems high for the program when compared to other services

Reason for choosing Fishbowl

More integrations available for all of our needs

Reasons for switching to Fishbowl

Built in Integrations and easier to use platform

Dehnis

Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 11-50 employees

Initial Review of Fishbowl

Using Fishbowl has been a big learning curve in understanding how to process certain aspects in difference Modules. I wish we had more in-depth training that relates to our job function.

PROS

It is fairly simple to use. The interface and layout make it easy to navigate through.

CONS

I do not like I am unable to undo certain aspects of a process. For example, you cannot un-cancel a Sales Order or un-fulfill a Work Order.

Kim

Biotechnology, 11-50 employees

Reviewed May 2024

Fishbowl a great choice for small process manufacturing companies

Fishbowl is an integral part of our company process, we use it daily with little to no hickups.

PROS

1- Ease of use for end users 2- Ease of use for administrator 3- Functionality for process manufacturing 4- Pricepoint

CONS

Having used other, more expensive manufacturing software in the past, there is nothing that I do not like about Fishbowl

Reasons for switching to Fishbowl

This ERP was too cumbersome in the manufacturing part (Fourth Shift).

Mario

Wholesale, 2-10 employees

Flooring Distributor using Fishbowl

From the start they have been upfront and honest and having played around with giving me a very high price at first and then lowering it down by 50% like other companies that I dealt with. It’s nice to have the upfront and honest conversations without failing like I’m getting a sales pitch from, a company that just wants to make the sale. Fish bowls, seals representatives. Their internal staff have been very professional from start and throughout the process so far.

PROS

All of the pertinent information that my staff can utilize to help them be better at helping our customers.

CONS

Setting up all of the information. Although they have spreadsheets that you can fill out, it still takes a little time to gather all the information to insert it into the system like any other company.

Reason for choosing Fishbowl

We chose fishbowl because we felt it had everything we needed, and everything was explained to us efficiently. We also had multiple Q&A’s done with fishbowl representatives that were professional and never felt like they were just trying to sell us quickly. Also, we felt very pleased with their pricing structure.

Trevor

Sporting Goods, 11-50 employees

Reviewed January 2022

Functional but Complicated, Expensive but Unrefined, Capable but Rigid.

Overall, the Fishbowl program is decent. It is capable of doing almost all of what they claim, but the day-to-day usability is clunky and unrefined. It is as if they only stay on the development/conceptual side of things and never test their product daily. If they were to address the issues that I outlined that relate to the user experience, I would more confidently feel that this product would be more worth its large price tag. Until then, It remains difficult to recommend this product to others.

PROS

I like that this program allows your company to do a lot, as long as you know how to do it. It has also helped our company create more rigidity and procedure (Whether we wanted to or not).

CONS

I do not like that we have paid over $30,000 for a program that has basic functionality issues. We experience issues with basic things like scanning products, typing in fields, synchronizing inventory with our online store, etc. Also, their kitting function is what we were originally sold on, but we have now completely stopped using the function because it has fundamental issues. They are not always detrimental, but the accumulation of these small issues results in a program that you wouldn't believe costs what it does. Quite unfortunate. Another common issue that we face is the program's habit of freezing constantly. From what I have learned from support, the program does this on purpose to protect the database from data loss, but what it results in is our Sales guys needing to restart our POS program CONSTANTLY. Literally, on almost every transaction, their "Checkout" program freezes and they need to force quit and reopen. Our purchaser has also often been in the middle of a large PO, and the program freezes, requiring a restart and loss of that whole PO. Speaking of the POS side, their "Checkout" program is not great at all. It experiences all of the aforementioned issues but is also just a program that feels like they don't work towards improving at all. On top of that, they don't even integrate with any other POS programs or companies that work for basic retail applications, so we currently don't have an alternative.

Reason for choosing Fishbowl

We chose Fishbowl because it the functionality and capability that they claimed to have, as well as their unique kitting feature.

Justin

Building Materials, 2-10 employees

Reviewed March 2024

Terrible Decision - Worst Customer Service - Try Anyone else!

Not only did Fishbowl fail to provide adequate communication during the entire process, but they also refused to give me a refund. It's outrageous that they charge such exorbitant fees for subpar service. I highly recommend avoiding this company at all costs and switching to Netsuite instead. If anyone is considering switching to Netsuite, please reach out to me. I will do everything in my power to help others avoid the mistake I made by signing up with Fishbowl. Shame on this company for their unethical practices and shame on [sensitive content hidden] for being a liar and thief. Stay away from him at all costs if you want any chance of success with Fishbowl.

PROS

The only pro is that its an ERP system that can integrate with your existing QuickBooks, but its not worth it. So please go to someone else.

CONS

I had the unfortunate experience of working with [sensitive content hidden] as my account manager from Fishbowl. From day one, he boasted about being the best in the industry, but I can confidently say that I've never encountered a worse representation of a company. During our implementation process, it would take [sensitive content hidden] 48-72 hours to respond to my inquiries. This delay not only hindered our progress but also showed his lack of dedication and professionalism. He lied about his capabilities from the start, painting himself as a competent account manager when in reality, he's no better than a shady used car salesman. Despite expressing my concerns about the importance of timely communication for my business, [sensitive content hidden] continued to ignore me. It was clear that he had no regard for my needs and only cared about making a quick sale. As a result, I decided not to continue with Fishbowl and switched to a more professional ERP service like Netsuite.

Reason for choosing Fishbowl

I made a big mistake. I ended up switching to Netsuite.

Reasons for switching to Fishbowl

Big Mistake I wish I stayed with quickbooks online, but I eventually switched to Netsuite.

Todd

Sporting Goods, 11-50 employees

Reviewed April 2024

Awesome customer support

We have been very pleased with our Fishbowl experience.

PROS

Our implementation Specialist was absolutely incredible. When you has this level of customer support, implementing was a breeze. I don't know that we ever had a question that he could not answer.

CONS

There are some reporting barrier on canned reports that is a bit frustrating, but I am sure there are work arounds for those.

Reasons for switching to Fishbowl

We needed a more robust system to deal with the manufacturing ascpet of our business and manger all of our component goods.

Matthew

Machinery, 201-500 employees

Reviewed April 2024

Bulk Equipment

The roll out period and training could be more structured.

PROS

Ease of use. Cost effective. Simple to train on.

CONS

The sell ware integration to Shopify. I used Fishbowl in the past and the direct back-end connection was beneficial, but no longer exists.

Reason for choosing Fishbowl

Cost, we are still considering a full ERP solution.

Reasons for switching to Fishbowl

Limited capabilities to manager the warehouse and inventory functions

Scott

Food & Beverages, 11-50 employees

From Netsuite to Fishbowl in 30 days

Compared with operating Netsuite, the overhead is much lower, a sandbox was provided free of charge, the set up is more straightforward and the users feel more empowered to work with the system to improve the initial implementation. Its more forgiving and likely a better choice for a smaller business.

PROS

We appreciate that Fishbowl does what it says. Its not trying to be everything to everyone which keeps the implementation relatively straightforward. Fishbowl has great customer service, and their support and availability during the setup phase of implementation has been excellent!

CONS

The client/server architecture seems a little old fashioned and the integration with manufacturing QC is not very strong. Internal reporting functions aren't awesome but connectivity to Power BI enhances the experience.

Reasons for switching to Fishbowl

To simplify and streamline. Netsuite requires too much overhead and its really not that awesome. Netsuite customer service is the worst of any company that we've ever worked with.

Michelle

Apparel & Fashion, 11-50 employees

Reviewed February 2022

A Great All Around Product For Inventory

Fishbowl has helped us save money by being able to control everything from inside and not having to hire multiple 3rd parties to make connections. Fishbowl continues to add and upgrade the software to what consumers ask for.

PROS

Fishbowl software is easy to use. I like that you always have step by step instructions and some videos to help guide you. If you don't find what you are looking for, all it takes is an email, and support helps you as quickly as they can.

CONS

The only negative issue I have while using Fishbowl software is with the reports. Even though they have multiple reports to choose from, I feel as some of them can be upgraded to include more than one product a t a time. Example, when searching for a product that was sold on a particular day, and you have more than one size of the same product, it would be nice to be able to select as many products as you want to look at versus one at a time.

Reasons for switching to Fishbowl

The company I work for will have multiple users at any given time, the other big named software could not handle more than 1 or 2 people in it, or it would freeze up. We had to adjust our schedules to get work done which was very frustrating. We started out with Fishbowl in 2017, switched over to the big name in 2018, but after a few short months, we made the switch back to Fishbowl in 2018, as it is the best option for what we need and can accommodate our inventory management. We still have the big named software but it is only used for accounting.

Thank you so much for this review, Michelle. We appreciate you taking the time to provide your feedback. We are happy to hear that your experience has been satisfactory and will take your suggestions into consideration while we continue to make improvements.

Replied March 2022

Louis

Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 11-50 employees

Reviewed July 2020

Fishbowl Manufacturing Software has proven an invaluable inventory management tool for our team.

Fishbowl Management software has offered our team a complete supply chain management and physical sales tracking system in one convenient system . In this time especially , we understand that organization and efficiency are paramount to surviving let alone prospering and we are thankful to Fishbowl for helping.

PROS

Our team found both these ease of use and relative ease of integration to be among the most attractive components of Fishbowl. The variety of modules allow close monitoring of essentially every aspect of physical asset tracking . With Fishbowl we can organize warehouse parts inventory , print labels,and organize purchase orders which organizes our supply side. Fishbowl's sales side module allows for effective tracking of lead times as well as sales item forecasting so we are never behind on available inventory .

CONS

Fishbowl Manufacturing software at this time time requires the use of a server which we had to supply . In exchange for all other features , we see this as a nominal and not inconvenient requirement as at the time we were adding new computer assets. This requirement may not suit all smaller companies.

Reason for choosing Fishbowl

We selected Fishbowl Inventory Management software over alternatives for its comprehensive module options which allow for a complete organization of our office and warehouse now optimized with a primary consideration to sales output and production. We could not ask for more in this area of business operations.

Thank you for taking the time to leave this review, Louis. We appreciate your business and are happy to know that your experience has been satisfactory.

Replied October 2021

Christopher

Retail, 11-50 employees

Reviewed December 2023

Software that's 70% complete

From jump, I found out that atleast 50% of what my salesperson told me was completely fabricated or at the very least, extremely misleading. Customer service is non-existent. Earlier today I spent 2 hours on hold waiting for someone from tech support to help me. I email my rep and he doesn't email me back. I call him, he doesn't answer and he doesn't return my call.

PROS

I liked the interface, the ease of use and how it synched flawlessly with Quickbooks.

CONS

This is so close to being halfway decent software but there are just so many odd little quirks that keep it from really being a powerful tool. Just one example - if you move a piece of inventory that you've had in your warehouse for 6 months from row 1 to row 2, the aged date resets to zero. This makes it effectively impossible for you to track your aged inventory. If you want to look up a part that you don't have in stock, you need to do an advanced search, check a box that you're looking for something not in inventory and then search for the product. If you're looking up 10 products in a row that aren't in stock, you need to repeat those steps each and every time.

Reason for choosing Fishbowl

A coworker liked it and I couldn't find anything wrong with it.

Jessi

Food & Beverages, 11-50 employees

Reviewed May 2021

Fishbowl has been great for us as a small food manufacturer

Overall, good experience - we needed a tool like this and it meets our needs for being SQF and USDA Organic.

PROS

Fishbowl helps us maintain all lot tracing records, re-order points, and sales and purchase orders. It makes audit time much simpler!

CONS

There aren't as many reports as I would like and it isn't very intuitive to setup - we had to hire an outside expert.

Reason for choosing Fishbowl

Customer service and overall capabilities

Reasons for switching to Fishbowl

It was too difficult to prepare for an audit.

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience with our company, Jessi. We appreciate your feedback! We are glad to hear your experience has been satisfactory and will look into improvements based on your suggestions as well.

Replied October 2021

Bernui

Pharmaceuticals, 51-200 employees

Reviewed April 2022

Fishbowl Inventory Review

PROS

Integration with our manufacturing process was easy. Purchases, Receiving, Bill of materials and Work Orders fulfilled our needs.

CONS

Reports provided are too basic, no help documentation to create your own reports. If you need a detailed or custom reports you have to purchase them apart.

Reasons for switching to Fishbowl

ERPNext didn't fulfill our needs preparing work orders.

Todd

Building Materials, 11-50 employees

Reviewed November 2022

Fishbowl Review

Based on our overall experience I would give Fishbowl a 6 out of 10, with their main issues being everything outside of the software. If you have patience then this is a good value, if not walk away quickly....

PROS

I like the ease of use with the Sales Order Side of the product. When the software is set up correctly it is almost flawless, and really makes the ordering process go much smoother. The interface is easy to use and easy to train new employees on.

CONS

The service and support are the worst I have ever dealt with. We paid dearly for the implementation of our data and if I say the words half ass that would hardly describe what they were able to accomplish. Getting someone to try and fix anything is nearly impossible, so we took it upon ourselves to correct all of their implementation mistakes. 3 months in and we still find implementation errors every day that we are correcting. When we attempt to use support their chat feature is useless, as the reps are answering multiple chats at once and it takes 5 minutes between comments for them to come back to you. If you call be prepared to sit on hold for at least an hour, and then they still wont be able to assist you most of the time.

Reasons for switching to Fishbowl

Did not have the inventory interface we needed.

Dennis

Used free trial

Reviewed May 2013

We are a Head Start agency that uses FishBowl to purchase, track, and issue inventory to 60 Head Start classrooms and agency departments. Our system uses SharePoint, which is accessed by each classroom/dept. to place their order which is in turn sent to the approving supervisor. Once it is approved, it goes to the Purchasing office were it is imported into FishBowl (all done electronically within the magic of computer land...and the IT department). We started looking for new inventory software when the software we had did not support the Windows 7 that we were upgrading to. We needed a fully integrated inventory software program that not only supported our classrooms, but would provide the Finance dept. with the information they needed. One of the features I like about FishBowl is that as soon as Purchasing processes the classroom/dept. request, an email is sent to the requestor letting them know Purchasing has received their order and it is in the process of being filled. When the order has been shipped, another e-mail is sent to let the requestor know the order is on it's way. This email feature has greatly reduced the number of calls received from our classrooms requesting status on their order and when it will be sent to them (I really, really like it). We have set up reorder points and default vendors, which makes placing orders to replenish warehouse stock easy and nearly effortless. Each vendor has their own part unit of measure and unit of measure conversion, which makes processing receipts magic (well almost). The tracking feature on a warehouse part has helped to track expiration dates on food (milk, yogurt, cheese, etc.). The expiration dates are printed on the packing slip that goes out with each order and helps us resolve expiration date issues. FishBowl will also let us know an item is nearing its expiration date prior to processing the shipment. Another feature of FishBowl that has come in handy is the ability to monitor specific warehouse stock. I use the feature to monitor our milk products (Soy, Lactaid, Rice Milk, Goats Milk, etc.) to make sure we have enough on hand at all times to ensure we receive Federal reimbursement for meals served. These items are monitored on a daily basis due to their sensitive nature. The Dashboard tab provides a quick synopsis of sales, purchase orders, RMA,s etc. The first two FishBowl tabls I look at are the Monitor and DashBoard tab that will let me know the health of our inventory and status of orders. Thumbs up to the programmers that wrote these features into the system. Sales orders and back orders are easily maintained and monitored. I can process order requests, and hold them until such time as I need them to be processes for shipment. FishBowl provides us with reports on classroom expenditures (food/supplies or combination). We maintain two warehouse identifyiers to identify our supply items from our food items. There are custom fields that can be added to input processing that can further help in processing specific types of reports and tracking data. Prior to using FishBowl we had trainers from FishBowl give us module by module training and help us set up and transfer data from our old inventory system to FishBowl. I cannot say enough good things about the help we received. Note: The online help and training is a great resource also. FishBowl provideds many features which we are utilizing and others that we will grow into. FishBowl has a different look and feel from the software we were using, but once we started FishBowl, it has become second nature. There is so much more about FishBowl than there is space to write this review. If you need more information please contact me.

Mike