Float Cash Flow

Float Cash Flow Reviews

RATING:

• icon"The integration with Xero was seamless, with lot's of helpful advice on how to get the best out of the cashflow projections."
  • icon"As compare to forcasting with spreadsheets like old methods, float cash flow is very easy and time saver. It is an easy way to track cash flow."
  • icon"The ability to forecast easily for different scenarios is a very useful feature that allows a business to easily see the impact of making changes."
  • icon"No Excel-like bulk-edit for scenarios except base."
  • icon"I found the set up of the categories a bit fiddly but I don't really use accounting software so perhaps that's an unfair comment."
  • icon"Other than charts, outputs are limited to CSV files so not that easy/quick to manipulate offline, and have to do all your own formulas & formatting, etc."

All Float Cash Flow Reviews

Nadia

Great and easy cash flow tool

This tool has helped us to keep on track of our cash flow and took good decisions for the coming months.

Pros

I really like integration between Float and Xero accounting tool, updates are reflected immediately. It is easy to use and understand.

Cons

Even when you can have different scenarios you just are able to compare against the last month, last 3 months and last 6 months, it would be better if you can select a custom view.

Response from Float

HI Benites, thank you for taking the time to leave a review of Float. We're delighted to hear Float is helping you keep track of your cash flow and make decisions for your business.

Replied June 2021

Katia

Industry: Airlines/Aviation

Float is brilliant... but could be better

Float has made the management of cashflow significantly easier and smoother than a spreadsheet!

Pros

I love how easily Float links in with the other software I use, it also makes looking at different scenarios with comparisons easy.

Cons

I think there are some more indepth functions that could be introduced that allow the user to have more control over how the information is displayed. Such as being able to see purchase orders, Being able to sort the 'Daily Breakdown' into categories. Also, it would be really helpful to have a function that shows your current balance less bills that are due, the current display shows the balance at the start of the day with bills that have been paid as still showing due.

Reasons for choosing Float Cash Flow

Being able to change payment dates was a lot easier

Alexandra

October 2022

Cheaper less powerful tool but gets the job done

Not for a more advanced complex company planning but for smaller businesses this can be a valuable tool to understand current and future cash flow.

Pros

Integrates well with Xero, our accounting software. You can create budgets and scenarios for different accounts from your GL. Very useful in that capacity but beyond that there is not much to the tool. Navigating around is not bad.

Cons

Historical graphs show actuals, not a great way to see variance. And forecast planning based on numbers not per headcount or any other fancier features. But for the price point this is a straightforward great tool.

Emily

Crucial cash flow forecasting

I love using Float and everyone at Float is super helpful and friendly. I recommend this app everytime someone requests a cash flow as it's by far the easiest system to use and efficiently procude a cash flow forecast under pressure.

Pros

Float is so easy to use for us, but also for our client. It helps our clients keep on track of their cash flow forecasting easier than before as it's so easy to understand whilst being very granular.

Cons

If it could go beyond and produce projected profit and loss and balance sheet.

Reasons for choosing Float Cash Flow

We also use Futrli, but this is only when we're required to produce a projected PL and BS, otherwise I'd choose Float EVERY time :)

Emma

Great cash flow forecasting tool!

Having an online c/f which links to Xero has enabled me to have c/f conversations real-time with clients and run multiple scenarios. It has eliminated the need for excel s/s which in turn has made my time more efficient. It has increased client engagement and provided me with more time for data analysis rather than s/s checking and data entry.

Pros

Option of manual link-up to Xero so forecast can reflect Xero updates immediately. Ability to run multiple scenarios so clients can see the impact of making different business choices on the cashflow.

Cons

It would be useful to be able do s/s upload of scenario budgets - can currently only do for the main forecast I think.

Reasons for switching to Float Cash Flow

Limited functionality in Fluidly. Fluidly makes changes to forecasts which weren't asked for.

Sandeep

Great tool for simple cash flow management, and even better to get rid of manual Excel tracking!

Better cash flow overview, minimizes the need for Excel.

Pros

Float easily integrates with Xero, allows you to easily configure which banks get synced for display purposes, and provides excellent insight into the sources of cash and also where cash is being spent. The invoices due and bills to pay reports are an easy way to access overdue bills and invoices without clicking through the accounting system. This is ideal for anyone who wants to get an idea of their cash flow history and projections.

Cons

The product would be infinitely better if it supported multi-currency accounts, especially with more businesses holding more than 1 currency. Currently, details on cash is based on GL accounts. It might be way more usable if it gave us the option to view this from a customer/vendor name perspective, since we plan our cash flow on that basis, rather than by the GL account. The concept with this program is so excellent, and I am holding out on new features being released that totally eliminate the need for other products (such as Excel) for tracking and projecting cash flow. If Float can make that leap, it'll easily be the #1 cash flow app.

Glen

Industry: Architecture & Planning

Float

Float provides crystal clear visibility on our cashflow. Something we had always struggled with in the past.

Pros

Ease of use, clarity of information. Focus.

Cons

Nothing in particular.

Simple software with amazing features

Pros

I mainly use Float for its forecasting or “what if” scenarios feature. Float is one of the software that offers this feature. It is a feature that most f of our clients looks forward to. Float can also integrate well with QuickBook and Xero, another accounting software my team and I use. The software together is seamless.

Cons

The inability to use more than one type of currency is a difficulty most of the times. But it is all tolerable, given the feature of the software.

Dylan

Analyzing my business via Float kept us alive

I run a small business that does large projects. Cash flow and budgeting is paramount to success. Before I found float I was running my business like most folks. Looking backwards to go forward. I was paying myself and employees unsustainable money, not timing expenditures correctly that were needed to grow but could wait. I am still in business and making healthier decisions based on the future numbers because of the insights Float gives me.

Pros

The ease of integration with Xero is simple and over the past couple years the software has become easier to configure and setup. Jump in and go!

Cons

There is always room for improvement, and the support staff listen. Currently there is nothing that "must" be done besides never stopping the innovation.

easy to forecast based on your real data in Xero, scenarios allow testing of different events

able to see cashflow, which helps with investments and dividends

Pros

The sync with Xero means I don't need to worry about losing transactions, and can quickly compare forecast with actuals. The scenarios tool enables me to examine whatif for any ledger/ sales or expense. The weekly email tells you how much cash you have in the business too.

Cons

It's a little fun to setup, but you only have to do that once. Tweeking the budget is easy. Perhaps an app.

Geoff

Industry: Airlines/Aviation

First time using Cash Flow Forecasting

I have never used this type of tool and I am finding it very helpful, the link with Quick Book is very good and it can be updated whenever you need to. With float downloading data directly from Quick Book that as also helped me to find mistakes which have been made in my accounts We have now spent a number of hours just updating our records in Quick Book which makes that set of records even better. This updated information is then uploaded back into float. I did have a demo version of two weeks but due to the virus this as been extended. I really feel that two weeks to have demo for this system is two short it needs to be at least 4 weeks, then you will start to see the benefits of using the system. I will not be going back to the old ways

Pros

The integration with Quick Books on line is very useful

Cons

I find the system to be very helpful in presenting the information you need but as yet I have not been able to understand the reports which it is generating. If you wish to print and send cash flow information to someone else you can but you can not have your company logo shown on the report but by default you can have the Float logo shown! The promo information says you can have this up and running within the day, which maybe you can but I don't think that I would want to reply on its data. It takes time to check the data is correct and even the if the correct information is recorded within Quick Books in the correct place. I have never used anything like this before and I found it hard work, the videos they have do show you how to do things but when you don't know what you need to do or what you need to know it take a little time to fully understand what and how to do it. The videos on you tube are helpful but when you are trying to understand what and how to do something I found the speed and the single tone of the lady talking was just way to fast and boring for a new starter to understand. When you understand a little more its still boring but you can understand better what she is now saying. In this time of covid 19 I feel the cash flow display is way to long its showing 20 months and I only want it to show 6, maybe it does it but I can find how to shorten it. At this time I have given up on the reporting section maybe I will come back to it later.

interface with Quick Books on line

Adam

Big time and money saver - Daily cashflow particularly useful

We use Float every day and is the best Cash Flow software we tried when evaluating - it gets slow but regular updates and the support team are relatively responsive. It's not cheap but we feel the ROI is completely worth it.

Pros

Works great for short to medium term cashflow management and the integration with both Xero and FreeAgent is good. Easy to use and provides us with very intelligent data.

Cons

Takes a bit of management and doesn't always do everything you want - not so useful for long term cashflow projections but has become an invaluable tool for us. Small issues.

Why wouldn't you?

I've loved it since I first got involved, over 3 years ago. I can't imagine life without it!

Pros

The ability to be Agile with my financial modelling, to allow me to make tactical decisions, without violating strategic objectives.

Cons

If I had to say, it would be price. The tool is probably of most use to SME's and the entry price point should be more like £20 / month

Christine

Easy way to track workload

Used a trial version for a month to see which task management software would work best for our small marketing team. While Float was easy (and even kinda fun) to implement, its functionality was too limited to continue use. I think it would be most useful in a situation where you have to focus on managing others and gauging the workload and hours spent on each client or project.

Pros

Super easy to use and figure out. Took almost no time at all to start implementing it in the workplace. It also makes it really easy to manage others - you can pass tasks from one person to the other, postpone them easily, and see at a glance whether someone is overbooked.

Cons

The capabilities are a little limited. While it can help you track workflow and task progression, it doesn't grant you a lot of flexibility in storing info about clients, setting due dates, etc.

Ivan

Great software, very easy to set up & use, excellent support - could add a couple of features

Pros

Super-easy to set up and sync to Xero, and to import or directly input budgets. Easy & really helpful basis to review and amend bill/invoice dates for cashflows. Scenario planning and comparisons very helpful, and the output from those in charts etc great for presentation. Also allows you move & group cash in/out categories

Cons

Other than charts, outputs are limited to CSV files so not that easy/quick to manipulate offline, and have to do all your own formulas & formatting, etc. I understand they’re working on Excel downloads - soon I hope!

Reasons for choosing Float Cash Flow

Ease of use; features; price; support

Caroline