FMIS Fixed Asset Management

FMIS Fixed Asset Management Reviews

RATING:

• icon"The Fixed Asset management system deals with our extensive assets and the support from FMIS when implementing the software, some bespoke was excellent."
  • icon"So easy to use, a small piece of software the manages depreciation on our assets superbly. Customer support is very good! cant be beaten on value for money."
  • icon"I find it easy to use and most of all - I like the way you can pull reports by different criteria. Also the way the depreciation and disposals are calculated - very reliable."
  • icon"Searching for entries is a pain and often has to be exported because findings are too large."

Browse all FMIS Fixed Asset Management Reviews

• Have you used FMIS Fixed Asset Management and would like to share your experience with others?

Great product, Superb value for money and excellent customer support

Pros

Cons

A few extra features would help but I believe they are on the roadmap

Response from FMIS

Hi James, Thank you for the great feedback. We are always looking for good ideas to add to the product, so please get in touch with us to let us know what you would like to see.

Replied January 2019

Adrian

August 2022

System has taken our company to the next level

To get the system to function how we wanted it to, required a great deal of communication with FMIS, and I'm glad to say that from the very beginning, they were interested, reactive, and innovative, when creating workarounds and improvements to the solution. Nothing was too much trouble.

Pros

I liked that the system could be adapted to our working methods. Most software applications are 'out of the box' solutions, where you need to adapt to it's methods.

Cons

The background admin menu's are a little tricky to use at first but you soon get the hang of it

Reasons for choosing FMIS Fixed Asset Management

All of the 'out of the box' systems we sampled didn't fit our requirements. We wanted something that we could adapt to our methods.

Response from FMIS

Hi Adrian, thank you so much for sharing your experience here. It has been great working with your team and I am glad we have been able to help.

Replied August 2022

Unrealized possibilities

I keep an external record of logged info because the program takes to long to run a search.

Pros

It's quick and you can manage and keep equipment organized

Cons

Response from FMIS

Thanks for the feedback. The system is designed to run with high volumes of equipment, so the search speed should not be an issue. If you would like to get in touch with us at support@fmis.co.uk, we will be glad to look at this for you.

Replied October 2022

Elaine

We use the FMIS software as integral part of our purchasing and asset management

Our invoice processing time has been cut considerably and we now have an asset register that we have confidence in.

Pros

The order processing and goods receipting is easy to use for the non financial staff. The Fixed Asset management system deals with our extensive assets and the support from FMIS when implementing the software, some bespoke was excellent.

Cons

The system does not deal with incorrect stock purchases very well. It is easy for stock buyers to make errors on the purchase orders and goods receipting which if not spotted in time require several steps to correct.

Response from FMIS

Hi Elaine, Thank you for taking the time to review FMIS. I'm glad the software is saving you time on invoices and goods receipt. Correcting stock purchases can be a hassle, but I know the team had a couple of ideas that might help if you would like to call in and have a chat with them. Best Regards, John.

Replied April 2018

Kenatu

Asset Management on Steroids

I used to use a third party fixed asset module from Normin, since I found this software, my internal customers have asked where has this been all there lives. This is truly asset management with a lot of extras, or maybe I never knew what fixed asset management was until this software.

Pros

Complete tracking of all assets from purchase to disposal and at multiple locations. I can break it down to branches and still roll it up as a whole. Reporting is fabulous and its graphical Easier management of maintenance of equipment (e.g. H VAC, Copy Stations etc) and keep track of ROI and schedules.

Cons

Everything is in a different module and the complete package can get pricey.

Industry: Renewables & Environment

FMIS - Fixed Asset Register

Pros

Cons

Currently we have to upload the additions by excel. It is quite time consuming but hopefully we will be able to have an interface between our accounts package and FMIS. This should resolve this issue.

Response from FMIS

Hi Jennifer, thanks for the great feedback and I'm glad you are getting on well with the system. If you would like to get in contact with the support team, we would be very happy to look at ways we can streamline the uploads.

Replied January 2019

Rachel

Excellent summary and detailed, user friendly system, excellent customer support

Pros

Very helpful customer service and support (Training, ongoing support and developing bespoke reports), standard and bespoke reports, intuitive to user, easy to add assets and make changes, robust system, flexible coding structure can be tailored by user to organisation's reporting. requirements

Cons

Would prefer more filter options on running the standard reports. Maybe the option to select what fields are displayed on the standard reports.

Response from FMIS

Hi Rachel, Thank you for taking the time to review the software and I am glad it is working well for you. Customer Service is very important to us, so your feedback there is especially appreciated. There are a few different options we can look at to enhance the reporting for you. Can I suggest you give the support team a call and we can discuss them? Best Regards, John.

Replied April 2018

Roger

This reviewer was invited by the software vendor to submit an honest review.

March 2022

FMIS was a good investment

We have a lot of equipment, we were tracking on a spreadsheet. Mistakes would creep in and the formulas would get jacked up, balances weren't always correct and with out a full audit, mistakes aren't easy to see. This has fixed all of the that and made that part of my job much more streamlined.

Pros

I like the accruacy of the monthly depreciation, knowing that the numbers are correct.

Cons

It does take some getting used to, it is a bit of a different process than what I was thinking. But training and their support are great helps.

Reasons for choosing FMIS Fixed Asset Management

To us, seemed to have the best value and a lot of bells and whistles that others were charging more for.

Response from FMIS

Thank you for the great feedback. I am glad the training and support have been helpful for your team.

Replied April 2022

Easy to use but flexibility of reporting could use some enhancements

Overall easy to use to track fixed assets, forecast depreciation schedules, etc.

Pros

Pretty easy to use software for tracking our fixed assets, depreciation schedules, etc. You have to recognize that there will be some time you'll need to invest in doing the initial software setups correctly but everything worked as expected after doing so.

Cons

The reports are good but have some concerns of minor annoyance. Uploading data requires adherence to very specific field data definitions. Reports had some limitations regarding what could be reported by period vs. end of fiscal year, etc.

Adeline

FMIS Asset management - user friendly, intuitive and great functionality

We implemented the system in June 2016 and received quick response during and after implementation. The system itself is intuitive and user friendly with minimal training. As a user, I am most impressed with the reports that can be generated (standard reports) which we found lacking in the previous system we had. There are also plenty of asset data fields to incorporate additional asset information e.g. Serial number, make, model etc which we find useful to track assets for physical verification. Depreciation forecasting is currently only done in periods so we will need to explore annual forecasting as a separate setup. The upload of asset data has to meet specific formats and number of character, decimal lengths so this is the only minor drawback we found with the system. Otherwise, a pretty sound, basic all round stand alone asset system which meets our organisation requirements.

Kevin

May 2015

Functional, could improve on reporting

This software is relatively easy to use. All the essential functions that I need to carry out to maintain a fixed asset register are there. Customer service is very good, with fast response time. While there is a number of different reports in the system to use, I think there is space to improve, such as drill down facilities on reports to see the breakdown of a subhead. I appreciate that I could run a full excel download to see the breakdown, however, it could be time consuming to sum up all the subheads and reconcile them to the depreciation reports, for example.

Response from FMIS

Thanks for the feedback Kevin. I'm glad to hear your experience with the support team has been so positive. Summary reports can be run at a detailed asset level, so I'll ask the team to get in touch with you shortly to look at what you need them to do.

Replied May 2015

Katherine

August 2022

Great product, great service!

Excellent!

Pros

Ease of use and the ability to make adjustments.

Cons

Would like to see some of the screens changed to provide all of the information at a glance rather than having to scroll across the screen.

Reasons for choosing FMIS Fixed Asset Management

The product did not have a lot of features we didn't need - it had just what we did need.

Reasons for switching to FMIS Fixed Asset Management

The previous product was difficult to use.

Response from FMIS

Thanks for the great feedback Katherine, I'm glad we have been able to help.

Replied September 2022

Rona

June 2015

We are a group of Museums, subject to government account rules. Our experience with AI: very good.

PROS very helpful support team, quick response times; adequate scope for recording asset details due to the number of profile fields; ease with which depreciation can be advanced / deleted greatly assists with checking how more out of the ordinary transactions will be processed in the register; the flexibilty of amending and adding to periods within an accounting year prooved to be invaluable when implementing a last-minute revaluation ability to export reports to excel is extremely useful; price competetive compared to some alternatives, CONS none of significance. manual could perhaps be clearer as regards revaluing, tranfrerring or splitting assets. TIP Dont skimp on set up time. Allow time for setting up general ledger posting as well as the asset regiseter itself.

September 2022

FMIS Asset tracking

Pros

Working with the FMIS team made it easy to learn and implement the Asset Management software into my clients business. This is a product I'll be recommending to my future clients.

Cons

It can take sometime to learn the software.

Response from FMIS

Thanks for the great feedback and we look forward to working with you on future projects.

Replied September 2022

Tim

May 2015

We mainly use the software for a depreciation calculation, which is quick and easy to use.

We probably only use about 20% of this software/systems capabilities. Through no fault of FMIS we never really implemented the software correctly in the first place , this was down to our own internal resource at the time of implementation. To be able to fully utilise this system we would need to re-design the formatting of the fixed assets and the way they have been entered into the system in the past .

Response from FMIS

Thanks for the feedback Tim. The system does have a lot of additional functionality and we would love to help you get the most out of it. Internal resource is always a challenge, but talking with the consultants, I think they have a few ideas to discuss with you. We will be in touch very shortly. Best Regards, John.

Replied August 2015

August 2015

Great material management tool for Deltek Vision users

FMIS customer service is excellent. Our version was initially adapted for our need to track customer-owned materials that our company holds. As our business developed and diversified, FMIS worked with us to improve speed and functionality for managing large quantities of items and to expand invoicing capabilities. Users in our organization are very pleased by the creativity and responsiveness of the FMIS team in helping them meet new challenges.

Bina

May 2015

The FMIS system has been one of the most user friendly systems I have ever used.

I have found the system quite easy to navigate around and once you have had a chance to play around with it, it is quite logical and systematic. The customer service has been very good, all requests for help/any queries have been dealt with promptly and our client contact has always been willing to help. The turnaround on the initial data conversions/set up have been quick.

JayneE

August 2015

FMIS and gbaSI designed a custom program for our use initially to sync with our sister company

Love that this software does all of my inventory management. Also love that when I need something special, FMIS works with us until it is delivered. We also have to sync with our Corporate software (run by a sister company), and FMIS does this nicely (with Vision)...keep up the GREAT WORK team...can't wait to see what is coming NEXT!

Abdil

May 2015

I have used FMIS Asset Management for the past 5 years.

FMIS Asset Management system is an excellent software. It has rich and easy to use functionalities. Its integration with bar coding module allows easier asset tracking and auditing. Technical support I received from FMIS is excellent and timely.

June 2015

Taking the headache out of fixed asset management

This is the best software we identified after extensive research which allows us to efficiently manage and organize fixed asset data as well as accurately calculate depreciation and valuations for statutory reporting purposes