• Pros

• "Easy to use and guide you to what it has to be done."

• "Easy to use and good help for creating a Business plan"

• "Great guidance notes and examples for each step/module make this an education as well as tool."

• Cons

• "The monthly subscription component, as well as some issues with customization, were challenges with this program."

• "I have nothing to say but it is a bit expansive for us but i recommend it."

• "Overall, I don't think there is CON to using this software. Sure there are some obstacles to overcome, but the help & examples help a lot. I say look at example business plans before one starts. "

Browse LivePlan Reviews

Laurie from Blue Loon Bakery

Best Planning Software for a Small Start-Up

LivePlan helped me create a workable, realistic strategic plan. After one year in business, I revisited the plan and saw that my projections on revenue, margins and start up costs were spot on, thanks in part to this great software tool. I recommended it it to several prospective bakery owners as a well-priced tool to start turning their dream into a viable business reality.

Pros

Live Plan was perfect for my needs - it helped me shape my strategic plan and think through my start-up capital requirements and revenue projections. I loved that it gave me some industry benchmarks and suggested budget items (like employee payroll liabilities) I hadn't thought of. The templates were also very helpful to show me what a plan should look like.

Cons

I didn't like that the software didn't highlight at the beginning how to coordinate between my LivePlan line items and my Quick Bookls like items. It made using the review feature (to compare projections with performance) more difficult to use.

Response from Palo Alto Software

Replied January 2020

Thank you so much for the feedback Laurie - we greatly appreciate it!

Lucy from A2ZCloud

Good for planning and forecasting, rubbish at Actuals to compare performance against plan

Checked my business plan was viable, helped me clarify my thought processes. Gave me something to measure performance against. Unfortunately doesnt integrate to Zoho Books (as of March 2018), nor is there any opton to import from a CSV or other spreadsheet format. If you are a Xero or QB user you can link to get your actuals for comparison against plan, BUT proceed with caution. You cant undo the data import - everything needs deleting manually, and you cant choose which timeframe you import data for. Its last 2 years plus current year and thats that. So if your business has changed significantly and you only want say last six months dat you cant achieve this

Pros

Cloud based, easy step by step process for planning for novices. Once you have put in the basics of revenue streams and costs its very easy to play "what if" type questions and see the impact on your forecast. You can get into enormous detail if you want or build this up over time as you develop your thought process.

Cons

Where the product really falls down is when you want to compare with Actuals. It only connects to Xero and Quick Books and you have no control over the data or time period that it syncs at all - current year plus last two years, which is rubbish if your business has pivoted and you only want the last six months data for example. Whats worse is you cant roll back the sync - you have to manually delete all sync'd data. Further if you dont use Xero or QBooks, there is no option to import from a spreadsheet - so again you need a data entry person to manually enter actual data unless you want to spend ages doing it yourself... Very disappointed as up to this point had liked the platform.

Stacey from Delta Bound

Industry: Restaurants

Satisfied over the last 10+ Years

The biggest thing for me is that after I created my plan for my current business, going back to see where I made mistakes after I had been open a year allowed me to understand more what I should have done. Luckily, my business is a success, even with my numbers being somewhat off.

Pros

For me, the examples presented allow the user to get a sense what is needed in each section. Help is also valuable when using this software. A Business plan can be difficult to create & with the help, it does answer most of my questions at the time. I have created a couple of plans over the last 10+ years where I had ideas for businesses. I did use this platform for my current business that started in 2012. Going back to view ones business plan does allow them to get a better sense where they might have fell short on predicting income, payroll, etc..

Cons

Response from Palo Alto Software

Replied April 2020

Thank you so much for leaving a review, Stacey!

Maranda from Instinctive Business Solutions

Decent enough for SMEs

Overall a good starting point to assist a small business entrepreneur with little or no business planning experience,should consider more options to integrate with accounting apps and visually biased analytical tools to enable better tracking of post planning perfomance on more devices as well.

Pros

I like the ease and simplicity of building the projections and adjusting them with different scenarios.

Cons

The write up section is a bit limiting in certain aspects for example there are no font selection options if one wants to change to their company document preferred font style ( Century Gothic) as well as set my paragraphs as justified as opposed to left indented.I cannot import tables and adjust them within the plan document, The graphical representations of the projections are a bit visually limited in color and info graphic presentation options .particularly if one wants a more visual document.It would also be nice to have a quick preview option for the document as u build it without necessarily having to export or down load a pdf to get and idea of how it look in print.

Jeanette from Kamamuta Games

Too expensive

Ok to use but when done with the plan, there is not really a reason to keep paying.

Pros

Easy to use and good help for creating a Business plan

Cons

When you have done the plan it is just there and I have been paying a lot of money for just storing my Business plan for 2 years. Now I have to prioritize what I spend my money on and this is one thing I dont need at the moment.

Response from Palo Alto Software

Replied February 2020

Thanks for your feedback Jeanette, we appreciate you taking the time to leave it! Many people keep their subscription long term, because they use the Dashboard feature to track their progress, compare their actual results to their plan, and continually update their plan based on what they've learned from experience. LivePlan is a great tool in this regard to manage your business if it is already running, or when you begin operations. LivePlan is also non-contract, so you can use the software for as long as you like, and cancel when you need. So if you need it just to make one plan quickly, you are welcome to cancel when you are finished with no risk. You can also switch a monthly plan to annual billing later to take advantage of the savings offered there if you plan on using it for longer.

Nicholas from Tours and Travel

Go from business idea to business plan fast. Super easy to use.

Overall, i was able to put my business idea on paper and see exactly what the budget and funding looks like. It really helped me decide whether or not the business idea was worth pursuing. I highly recommend it to anyone of any level looking to write a business plan.

Pros

I was able to create the exact business plan that I had envisioned. The software has great tools to help along the way. I had never written a business plan before, but using the software made it very easy with plenty of help and examples to create my own. The forecasts, budget, and funding pitch were what sold me on their software, and it was definitely worth it. It works exactly as advertised, and you'll know after you finish your business plan if it's really worth pursuing.

Cons

Everything about it was great. I got stuck at the beginning a little bit with the various summaries. I recommend writing out the full plan then coming back to the summary. It's much easier to do it this way and the software allows you to skip around.

Response from Palo Alto Software

Replied February 2020

Thank you so much Nicholas - we really appreciate you taking the time to review LivePlan! Best of luck!

Great product to start a business

Pros

Very useful in planning, pitching and eventually starting my business. It supported every element from ideation through to detailed p&l & balance sheet for presentation to investors. The software guides you through how to write your proposal/business plan and then helps you formulate and plan all the revenue & costs you need to think about and plan for. Integration with my online accounting software was pretty helpful too.

Cons

I found that for my business the options for calculating revenue and cost of sales were clunky - adding support around these elements in terms of how COS are not necessarily all incurred in the months the product is produced. In my case it can take 3 or 4 months to build the final product - incurring costs along the way. Reporting variance against plan with integrated accounting software is clunky.

Response from Palo Alto Software

Replied April 2020

Thanks for your feedback!

Carlos from Food & Beverages

Great tool to prepare business plans.

Even I couldn't continue using the platform because I decided not to cotinue preparing the business plan, I am 100% I will use again LivePlan software to prepare my business plan for another business idea.

Pros

It is really professional, it guide you step by step as you are preparing the business plan in the process. Easy to use online and has a very good technical support. It is great that they keep your files or give files to you if you decided to cancel the account, that made me trust LivePlan more.

Cons

I didn't see dificulties using this software.

Reasons for Choosing LivePlan

I save time working online.

Seyi from DASTOM RESOURCES LTD

Industry: Farming

EXCELLENT PRODUCT

Farm setup business plan

Pros

I like the reviews form the pitch and the task reminders some days before it is to happen. It is simple t use if one just follows every direction and guide provided.

Cons

You can only work online. If it can be designed in such a way that you work offline and then upload online, that would be nice. Anyway that's my thought.

Response from Palo Alto Software

Replied March 2020

Thanks for leaving feedback Seyi!

Great Place to Start!

Pros

Gave me a great starting point and really helped me pull all my ideas together and put them on paper. Gave my unorganized mess of thoughts a centralized purpose and way of expressing it.

Cons

Implementation of NDA/Legal documentation within the system and management of those would be spectacular. I would love to have standardized NDA templates to go off of when developing this from the team.

Response from Palo Alto Software

Replied March 2020

Thanks for leaving a review - we really appreciate the feedback!

LivePlan takes the intimidation out of writing a business plan!

LivePlan is helping my business grow because I am able to stay organized with goals and milestones as we are meeting them. I can see firsthand what is allowing my company to grow and where we need to make changes to be successful.

Pros

I really liked working with LivePlan to build a business plan. LivePlan helped me with having a template available to build my business plan upon. I thought writing a business plan would be something I would have to outsource and get help with. LivePlan allowed me to take control of writing and creating my own business plan. I love that I can change and expand my business plan at any time! I can also share my plan with potential investors and feel confident that it is both organized and professional.

Cons

I would like if the software would integrate with my accounting software, that way I can see in realtime how my cash flow is cooresponding with my company goals.

LivePlan Review

Software is good but for one job only. If the size of plant change I need to start all over. If it goes back to the initial plan I have to redo it all over again unless I have saved and downloaded the original version.

Pros

Easy to use and guide you to what it has to be done.

Cons

The fact that you can not make several business plans at the same time for example a business plan for a 300 ton per day plant and a business plan for a 1000 ton per day plant if I am building both plants at the same time.

Response from Palo Alto Software

Replied January 2020

Thanks for the feedback - A standard LivePlan account includes one active company at a time but you can create as many companies as you want. You may archive your current plan, then create a new plan. It's easy to switch back and forth between companies. Here are detailed instructions from the Help Center: Managing your companies, pitches, and plans (https://help.paloalto.com/hc/en-us/articles/115004655828-Managing-your-companies-pitches-and-plans) If you need to be able to have multiple companies active simultaneously, you may upgrade your account. Changing the number of active companies on your account (https://help.paloalto.com/hc/en-us/articles/115004922227-Changing-the-number-of-active-companies-on-your-LivePlan-account) You may also choose to create multiple financial forecasts within one company: Using multiple forecasts (https://help.paloalto.com/hc/en-us/articles/115004824088-Using-multiple-forecasts-to-create-scenarios)

Lauren from Speedpro Innovations

Industry: Printing

Great product for understanding business

This software was amazing for my initial business planning phase. Unfortunately, because I am a franchise I have access to other tools that are integrated with my ordering software and reporting software that automate most of the dashboard and bench-marking features. If this could link up to my other software i would likely come back to it since it is so easy to test out possible business plans and forecasts.

Pros

This software helped fill in the gaps for me. I don't have a business background, so purchasing an existing business was a little out of my knowledge comfort zone. This software helped me understand how business works and how my decisions effect the whole picture of my business.

Cons

The reason I stopped using this software is that the reports it generates is difficult for banking and finance professionals to digest. My applications for additional funding got delayed because I needed to redo my forcast and business plan in a way that was easier for my finance people to digest.

Reasons for Choosing LivePlan

I did research and chose this one over the alternatives. It was easy to use and helped me get a business education specific to my business and industry.

Response from Palo Alto Software

Replied October 2019

Thank you for your honest feedback, we appreciate it!

Aaron from Insytes Development

LivePlan - Don't Write a Business Plan without It

It was a great experience. I was able to complete my business plan in much less time than I expected. While I ultimately walked away from the business idea, I couldn't have realized the plan at all without LivePlan.

Pros

LivePlan is very easy to use. That was the first thing that drew me to it. It's packed with all the features I needed when writing a business plan for my software development company. I really like the archive feature because I needed to do two business plans and could do that with the base subscription by switching which plan was archived. That was very handy.

Cons

There were a couple of instances when I had issues with formatting, but I wondered if that was the internet browser I was using at the time. Overall, no complaints.

Response from Palo Alto Software

Replied December 2019

Thanks so much for the feedback Aaron, we greatly appreciate it!

Dennis from Right Relief Health

A business plan software that anybody can use.

A full business plan, and real projections of what is expected to be spent and what is expected to be made. After the projections the actual real numbers show, when conducted right the projections are accurate.

Pros

LivePlan is extremely easy to use and straightforward. The options are almost endless. Every aspect of a business plan can easily be addressed and completed with help from the software itself. Everything has an explanation from profit and loss projections to real time profit and loss and that's just one feature. Business summary, analysis, and the executive portfolio are all ready to be put together and turn out very well put together as well as the step by step process of putting together your business plan.

Cons

Limitations on time. Liveplan offers three options: 3 year, 5year, and 10 year projections. Unfortunately it is limited to that time frame which disappoints because other than the time frame, just about everything else is customizable.

Karen from Red Duck Foods

LivePlan is an excellent business planning solution

Pros

I love the output of LivePlan. The business plans and one-pagers look clean, modern, and professional. It's very simple to enter information about our business into LivePlan, and the software asks great questions.

Cons

If you already have a separate financial model or set of financial projections for your company, it can be difficult to enter them into LivePlan.

Jeremy from Embassy Services Inc.

Shocking service.

It was a great experience with LivePlan. They have a clean and attractive user interface with helpful guidance. The customer service is shockingly amazing. I requested one payment refund after not using it in over a year and it was super quick and easy. Highly recommend this software.

Pros

It's clean, attractive, and easy-to-use.

Cons

It is subscription based and not cheap, however, I was shocked at how quickly and easily they refunded and cancelled my subscription after my request since I had not used it in over a year (Thanks Chris!)

Miranda from Skye Business Solutions

I especially like the dashboard

Excellent way to stay on top of numbers and / or line up your business for sale.

Pros

The dashboard gives you nice graphical view of your monthly, quarterly and annual financials. Highly recommended this software especially to SME's that needs to keep on top of cash flow!

Cons

You can't upload financial figures from a file, only from Xero or Quickbooks Online. No international benchmarking data

Indraneel from PromptGov LLC

The best software for making business plan

It has been a great experience to create business plans on the fly and also to track the actual results against your plan

Pros

- Very easy and flexible software - Its an excellent software for making business plan without the hassles of learning excel formula - Very easy depiction of balance sheet and P&L statement and auto generation

Cons

- There is absolutely nothing I don't like about this software

Sandy from Almost Anything LLC

Excellent Business Plan Writing and Easy Forecast Models

Overall the software excellent. I wish I could get my customers to utilize it more on a consistent basis.

Pros

LivePlan takes you through the process of writing a business plan and putting together financial forecasts in an easy, step-by-step manner. Built in benchmarks are great for planning and analysis. The Pitch is excellent for summarizing the focus of any business. QuickBooks integration and Financial Dashboards are outstanding tools for tracking actual vs. budgeted income and expenses. The milestones are perfect for keeping everyone on task.

Cons

Could have better interface and step-by-step instructions for the assets and liabilities - how the items in QBO relate to LivePlan. The financial portion of the plan could be better formatted when printing.

Daniel from Pure Kemika

Industry: Chemicals

Making a Business Plan? This is the best software!

The experience was productive and the software is great!

Pros

I've bought the software recommended by a friend. The software is easy to use, however there are lots of resources that my team has never used. LivePlan was only used to make a couple of Business Plans. It's not the cheapest in the market, however its worth while.

Cons

It's only possible to open and manage a company at a time without paying an extra fee.

Response from Palo Alto Software

Replied January 2020

Thanks so much for your feedback Daniel!

Rosario from Pause Hair Salon

Cash flow Companion

The cash flow report showed me how much funding we would need, and when, in order to keep the doors open.

Pros

LivePlan gave me the answer I needed to make that go, no go decision to even start a new business by showing me the cash flow I needed, not only to start up but also to operate the business month after month.

Cons

LivePlan totally met all our needs. The bank loan officer said it was one of the best business plans they have seen, and wished every applicant could submit such a professional document.

Response from Palo Alto Software

Replied January 2020

Thanks so much Rosario, we really appreciate you taking the time to review LivePlan!

December 2015

Allan from Rappahannock Cellars

Industry: Wine and Spirits

December 2015

Absolutely the stand-out business plan writing / sales forcasting / start-up tool available.

I've checked out no fewer than 10 other options. This is by far the most simple, the most user friendly, and the most feature-rich option out there. It's not only the cleanest and best-working (no bugs!), but it actually gives you the tools you need to cover a wide variety of business planning needs. Given the range of functionality (for example, you can do month-by-month sales forecasting for 36 months at the basic price level - something that most other services charge you an arm and a leg to upgrade tiers to gain access to), no other software comes close to this. And the final output of the business plan is SO CLEAN. A nice variety of example plans are available, and the "guided" element of going step-by-step is really actually helpful (instead of prohibitive, as I've found some guided software just takes you too far away from what you should really be focusing your time on).

Pros

Price is very affordable Extremely rich feature set Very flexible Easiest and cleanest user interface Fantastic examples Rich and clean output

Cons

This software really only seems to lack a timeline option - you can't custom map a gantt chart for your project timeline. I had to go to another piece of software to get this element in place. But I used LivePlan for the rest of the business plan.

John from Help Them HOPE

Easy to use, with a range of features to create a business plan.

- Saves Time - While I don't believe in business plans for startups it gives a clear view for established companies. - Gives a helicopter view of company's future plans.

Pros

- The accounting section, input a few numbers and hours of work is saved. - The option to downgrade your account. - Multiple heading and sections to choose from - The option to create a pitch deck

Cons

- Some heading won't or are difficult to change. - Formatting It's hard to track where your information is on the page, ie your last sentence might up on the first line of the next page.

Ruben from Military Agriculture Project

Business plan preparation can be overwhelming; however, LivePlan made it easy to build and update our vision and communicate with relative ease.

Pros

Easy to use Great presentation aesthetics Great tips on use and preparation

Cons

I have no negative thoughts about this product

Response from Palo Alto Software

Replied November 2019

Thanks for your feedback Ruben, we greatly appreciate it! Feel free to reach out if you have more comments or questions!

William from Skye Business Solutions

LivePlan review

This a great tool to use with my Clients, adding extra value to them.

Pros

Very useful Dashboard functionality, which gives the user a very good view of their financials

Cons

No option to upload figures from a file if you don't use QuickBooks online or Xero accounts.

Renea from Candles By Me LLC

My Go To Software For My Clients

The ability to provide a workable and successful business plan.

Pros

I can produce a business plan for my clients extremely quick using LivePlan. I have used it on startups and other business types, in different industries.

Cons

The template choices and overall look and feel of the templates I would like to see improved much more.

Justin from DigitalChalk

Exactly What I was Searching For!

I would recommend this to anyone with a small business who wants more insight into their financial data. One piece we will not be using is the pitch feature, but I can see value in startups having the ability to put together comprehensive plans.

Pros

This software integrates with Quickbooks Online and allows us to get accurate positions of many financial measures on a daily basis. I was never thrilled with Quickbooks dashboard, and LivePlan solved that problem in a very affordable way.

Cons

I do not have any complaints. Setup was easy, and the Quickbooks online mapping worked without much effort on our end.

Michael from IT- MBA program

Easy to use and professional software

Pros

LivePlan was excellent for writing a business plan, it helped to guide the actual planning for the business by allowing us to change variables and see the results. The end product is very detailed and professional looking. The best part of the software was the easy walk-through process, it made it very easy to enter data and return to revise it later. Being able to collaborate with peers on the process and have a partner enter data at the same time was also very useful.

Cons

I can't think of any significant issues with the software, it worked very well.

Response from Palo Alto Software

Replied January 2020

Thanks for you review Michael!

Trevor from Microbe Detectives

Industry: Environmental Services

Great

Pros

Very easy to put together a professional business plan and slide deck for investor presentations.

Cons

Monthly fee. Expensive during times we weren't actually using it

Response from Palo Alto Software

Replied January 2020

Thanks for taking the time to review LivePlan, we really appreciate it Trevor!

Katie from Vitality Chiropractic, LLC

I have been complimented several times on how neat and precise my business plan is. I have already recommended this to others in my field and will continue to in the future.

Pros

This software was easy to use and easy to understand. The introductory videos helped with all aspects of setting up a business plan. The tools, including other business plan templates, were very beneficial.

Cons

I really didn’t have any complaints. I’m not the best with electronics and technology and this was very easy to access and use.

Response from Palo Alto Software

Replied November 2019

Thanks for the great feedback Katie - we greatly appreciate it!

LivePlan - Good Features, Maybe too many

Pros

Importing data was very easy. Linking accounts saved a lot of time with data entry. Also, it gives many options for reports and integrates with most other major financial software providers.

Cons

The cost for where I am at. I don't use it enough to absorb the cost, but if it's a revenue generating component of the services a business provides it would be a useful tool.

Giovanni from boilerPRO Limited

Helps you set the scene!...

Brilliant! I just keep renewing, checking and playing with my business financials and have used it to collaborate too!

Pros

I love the intuitive nature of this product, it literally takes you through the steps of a business plan, and to really think about all the little elements within your business. It also Synchronises with XERO with is a bonus, so you can see forecast vs actual etc..

Cons

Some of the settings for tax and other, for a layperson, are hard to get your head around, I think some videos or other resources would help here?

Useful and Easy to Use

Pros

This software was instrumental in planning and writing our business plan.

Cons

The price can be prohibitive and at times having more description under each category would help.

Richard from Quiver Co. Ltd

Industry: Sporting Goods

Good software

awesome

Pros

thorough software highly recommended by myself

Cons

don't use it enough my problem not yours

Response from Palo Alto Software

Replied December 2019

Thanks for your feedback Richard!

crystal from Blount County SPCA

Business Helper

Cheap, easy to use and provided us with a plan that made sense. I don't know how else our business would survive without it.

Pros

Perfect for budgeting and our financials.

Amy from Amy Gehling Consulting

As a novice business plan writer, this helped me make sure I was being thorough in my writing.

I was able to quickly build a business plan even without having a lot of experience putting one together before, it definitely helped lower the barriers for me to begin writing.

Pros

I loved the financials section, this really helped me create the forecasts needed for my plan. The export feature was also easy to use and produced professional looking documents.

Cons

I think they could provide more use cases and samples based on industry for users new to writing business plans.

Response from Palo Alto Software

Replied October 2017

Thank you Amy, we greatly appreciate your feedback!

Charlotte from Writing Services by Char

Industry: Writing and Editing

Business Plan Writing

See above

Pros

I could use it as an outline for writing my client's business plan.

Cons

I haven't used it enough to say what I liked least. It would be nice to have an option to just do a one time purchase without automatic renewal. I only sought out the software for ease of use to create client business plans. Keeping my account active in the long run was a waste of money because my amount of usage did not justify the monthly spending.

Robert from Ashut Engineers LtD

Best software in financial management

I can change the structure and model of our business much easier and accurate

Pros

The price set to pay for in order to use the software is friendly There is training on site afforded by the developer There is online support available to help new users

Cons

It is not easy to integrate this software with other business plan software that were available for use by the company before moving into this one

seems like a scam

This depends on if I get my refund or not.

Pros

Well, the price seemed too good to be true, but I signed up anyway. Withing five minutes of signing up with my credit card and watching a couple lackluster videos and trying to find what I needed, I decided this wasn't for me. I proceeded to cancel, but it appears I cannot get my money back and I must wait one month for my subscription to cancel. How easy they taketh, but how difficult to returnth.

Cons

No robust, colorful, attractive. Videos a bit bland.

Response from Palo Alto Software

Replied January 2020

Hello anonymous, We do offer a 60 day, no questions asked, money-back guarantee with any of our software. To receive this refund, one simply needs to contact one of our Customer Advocates by phone, email or chat during our normal hours of operation. Please contact us directly (click the Contact Us link in the upper right hand corner of our website) and mention this reply to your Capterra review so we can discuss your situation further. https://help.paloalto.com/hc/en-us/articles/115004948207-How-do-I-get-a-refund-using-the-money-back-guarantee- Best regards, Sean Serrels Director of Customer Advocacy Palo Alto Software, Inc. makers of LivePlan

David from Woodbelly Pizza

Beautiful and Well thought out planning software

We had always used spreadsheets or free templates until we tried "The business model canvas" we found in a book. Having that structure helped... but not as much as LivePlan. These guys have been doing this for years and it shows from the thoughtful questions and input fields to the beautiful documents coming out the other end. We now know not to accept anything less when it comes to producing the kinds of documents that we need to get funded and keep on track

Pros

Easy to Use Clean Interface Beautiful Outputs

Cons

Haven't found one yet

Response from Palo Alto Software

Replied January 2017

Thanks for the kind words, David! We're really glad to hear about how LivePlan has helped your team. If you¿d like to share a success story for your business, we¿d be happy to consider featuring your story on our website. You can share that information here: http://pln.rs/david

Eli from DG Roofing Inc

Live Plan

Pros

Relatively easy to use. Live Plan gives you a good look, at the viability, of a business opportunity. I have used it several different time to help make sound business decisions . Easy to cancel when you no longer need it. They even send you a reminder. I will use it again when the need arises.

Cons

I don't recall I have not used it in 9 the last 9 months.

Response from Palo Alto Software

Replied December 2019

Thanks for the great feedback Eli!

Grace from Mitla Tortilleria LLC

Made a daunting task simple

Prepared a plan to seek a SBA loan

Pros

Very easy to use and love the way it formats the plan. I also liked how you could customize the sections. Love the examples content in each section too.

Cons

The forecasting function was a little hard to figure out. It would be nice if you could apply a percentage increase/decrease instead of putting actual amount in.

Wesley from Wetland Solutions LLC

Industry: Environmental Services

Easy way to keep track of a constantly changing business structure

Pros

When we found LivePlan we were looking for an easy way to record our business structure so that we could show it to stakeholders. This application turned out to be a great tool for that task. We enjoyed it enough to where we keep our account going and now we regularly update our structure to make it easier to have conversations with potential investors, our banker, and other stakeholders.

Cons

The ability to collaborate sounds nice but the price associated with doing this makes it slightly prohibitive to us at this point. Perhaps in the future when we expand our business and the potential for a spin off becomes viable we might use this feature.

Ahmad from Leading Point

Iliana from Dimas & Roz Jewelry

I Loved this software to get my ideas off the ground

Positive. Once we wrote out a business plan for a project that never got off the ground. I was grateful. Had we not developed the business plan - we would have gone into a very unprofitable venture.

Pros

I think this is a great guide to get you in the planning aspect of any business. It forces you to go through the process and make sure you have clarity in your ideas, so that it all fits together nicely and aligns well.

Cons

I had a hard time going back to the plan - and comparing how i was doing in the forecast. I think that in any project one is extremely positive at getting the right results easily, but that is not the case in reality. That is not the plans fault though.

RICARDO from KINETIX PERSONAL TRAINING

Great Sotware

Pros

I like the ease of use, support and the step by step process.

Cons

I would have like to have seen more templated options for final business plan.

Response from Palo Alto Software

Replied December 2019

Thank you so much for your review, Ricardo. We greatly appreciate the feedback! LivePlan has multiple export options and visual designs to choose from - hopefully that helps!

Richie from Arem Exec

Ease of usec

Helped to establish the base ability to understand running costs in good detail.

Pros

Found it to be simple easy and suitable yet very profound covering all aspects

Cons

I suppose the only negative i think of is the price and even that is not bad for what you get.

Simple and ease of use

April 2016

Guy from Studio Hamilton Ltd

April 2016

Intuitive and highly recommended.

Pros

Cons

Integration with more accounting platforms would create more choice for compatibility.

January 2012

January 2012

Fantastic Product

I really like Liveplan and I still do as I'm using it on a regular basis. Very easy to use, tons of examples in all the sections which is really helpful. I was able to share the plan with my colleague without giving him my login details which I found quite useful as my colleague is located abroad.

Pros

The price!!! I looked around and I think this app beats the others I looked at in terms of price for what is offered. Also the examples were a pro and definitely the financials. I hadn't a clue how to do them previously so that was a big help.

Cons

Nothing I really disliked about it to be honest.