What are QuickBooks Desktop for Mac users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using QuickBooks Desktop for Mac software through verified user reviews

• icon"Quickbooks helps to consolidate the different accounting tools that you need for the accounting part of company."
  • icon"Easy to see what financials are going in and out each month and to categorize them in the way most helpful to you. Reports are easy to run."
  • icon"There is great help available in setting up if you are not very experienced with this. Things went very smoothly for me."
  • icon"Migration of data can be time consuming and a bit hard to implement. The year-to-year updates should be discounted."
  • icon"I was being double billed at the annual rate and the monthly rate in error. I tried for months to get this corrected and all I got was frustrated."
  • icon"This creates a problem when you want to sort the list in order of highest to lowest amounts. So, I have to manually type in the totals on each master customer account before sorting."

Browse all QuickBooks Desktop for Mac Reviews

• Have you used QuickBooks Desktop for Mac and would like to share your experience with others?

Brent

April 2022

I can't imagine life without it!

We've lowered our overall fixed overhead costs, and the total costs of doing business each of our last 5 years directly from our use of Quickbooks. Oh yeah, and, we 've done it all measuring and overseeing where penny came from and went to using the fantastically simple accounting tools in the program.

Pros

Quickbooks is a marvel of cross-system integration.... the software is designed with convenience in mind. There is literally no excuse for not using this program for just about everything you could hope for in a financial accounting & quantitative analytics tool.

Cons

The analytics keep improving through the years. There are other programs out there that offer a better overall collage of informational data and analytics, but there's really nothing out there that has a total package of accounting metrics combined with overall analytical tools to use to measure your business or personal financial health with!

Reasons for choosing QuickBooks Desktop for Mac

It had become the most recommended accounting software by business owners at that particular point in time... and it still might be. Not sure.

Reasons for switching to QuickBooks Desktop for Mac

We had a business meeting one day over a few issues that were ongoing in our operations department pertaining to hiring and training costs, marketing, etc., and like 7 out of 10 people in the meeting recommended we try Quickbooks. Best decision we ever made!

Whitey

Useful for starting out, not a long-term solution

We have two companies, one is 4 years old, there other is 1.5, it was the perfect option for starting out on our iMac computers. I do feel that we've outgrown at this point, but you cannot beat the price for start-up accounting needs.

Pros

Very easy to use! It tracks everything we needed for our two companies (transportation / warehouse logistics and commercial equipment repair). Seamless for reconciling credit cards and bank accounts, easy general journal entries (year end, interest adjustments, etc), progress invoicing and job costing.

Cons

After a couple years of use and many transactions, the file becomes unreliable. Customer support said we need to start a new company file each year to avoid broken data (spent many hours on the phone with support multiple times)

Gina

Poor

I love quickbooks however, Quickbooks for MAC has a LOT to be desired!

Pros

I like the functionality of the Quickbooks product itself just not the MAC version! Quickbooks is a great product and it is easy to use. The report section is easily manipulated for whatever you may need a report on.

Cons

It doesn't work well with MAC and I have been using this product for 3 years now. They don't have an upgrade for this year but they upgraded the PC version. Their reports aren't consistent and what I mean by that is for example: I ran an aging AR summary and it listed invoices that are clearly paid; however, when I ran open invoices it didn't show on that report and that made my AR report over $ off. It often shuts down and kicks itself out for absolutely no reason and I am left to re-open the program several times a day.

Alexandra

Great software to have as a tool!

Pros

After having a bad experience with Account Edge, we decided to turn to Quickbooks for a refreshing, good system that we could rely on. After using it for sometime, it's been probably the best accounting/payroll/invoicing/estimating program we've had so far. Everything is very simple, user-friendly and not too technical.

Cons

One issue we've had with the program has been, trying to give access to new users is a very hard task to come across. As simple as it sounds, we still haven't managed to get a new user linked to our account to do more work. I've been sharing my ADMIN account which is not advised because not everybody should have the same access.

Tyler

Integrates with the field management software I use

Pros

It's great. It has a very clean interface. It also integrates with my field management software, which allows me to invoice from the other software & track everything in QB. The mac application is very user friendly.

Cons

I like to view my top customers each quarter. When doing this, I have to clean up the reports from QB myself. The downloaded files use formulas to generate values for customers with subcustomers. This creates a problem when you want to sort the list in order of highest to lowest amounts. So, I have to manually type in the totals on each master customer account before sorting.

Kozhi

Quickbook for Mac different than PC version

Pros

Generally easy functionality. While an online version seems great, a desktop version means access everywhere. For someone running a mobile business, it's important to have that real-time information handy.

Cons

Features that are on the PC version and not on the Mac version. For instance, payroll is online for the Mac version and you don't see payroll paychecks as you can on PC. This is a very disappointing fact, since there is really no difference in platform that Intuit can't fix that

zach

Desktop Version Has Pros and Cons

I have spent much more time with the online version for one of my companies(I have multiple people needing to see and work on accounting), however, with multiple other internal only accounting businesses, the desktop version works well enough to not pay multiple online subscriptions for each company.

Pros

You can use multiple companies with one license. It is relatively easy to switch from company to company. It's free to down load transactions from your bank account. Much cheaper, onetime purchase.

Cons

Downloading transactions from your bank account doesn't match up super accurately, especially if you have a lot of open invoices. It can be a little clunky to get around. Looking at what transactions have matched to downloaded transactions isn't possible, as far as I can tell. Reports aren't as easy to use as the online version.

Elizabeth

Managing Partner

Pros

Very easy to use, many option for reports. Modifications can be made if errors are made when entering a transaction

Cons

Issues connecting with banks to have transactions synchronized with the bank ledger.

Industry: Civic & Social Organization

Getting better, but still has a ways to go

If you have very basic needs, Quicken for Mac delivers, but have anything beyond that and you're stuck.

Pros

If you want to track basic finances on your Mac, this is THE tool to do so. The features/functions work well enough and are very similar to the Windows version that using one vs the other (or both) shold feel very easy and consistent. But it is a Mac program, so there are differences.

Cons

Intuit continues to reduce support and features/functions of it's software. Quicken has removed the online services downloads for slightly older versions and even for the Mac version is nearly crippled in it's support for advanced features like tracking investments, stocks, and other retirement options. In this regard it's severely lacking compared to the Windows version and online tools.

Fonnique

Quickbooks for Mac is an ok system to use.

Pros

I have been using it for about a 18 months and from my experience it is generally this is an ok program. Most things are accessible to you in the this program so it worked for some time.

Cons

The system crashes all the time for me and at one point I wasn't able to export or print any reports from this program. it is also a lot more slower so I had to go back to using it in Safari.

Shelby

Industry: Civic & Social Organization

Great software for small business

Pros

Quickbooks is great for small businesses. I used this at a construction company business and at a dental sleep medicine office. We did not use their payroll feature. I really liked that it was always up to date and saving your work constantly.

Cons

It can be a complex software to use. I felt very overwhelmed at first due to all of the detail in the software.

Melissa

Easy to navigate

Pros

The site is easy to navigate and makes transactions easy. Easy to understand and it’s not hard to add or remove a refund

Cons

I don’t like that it saves the persons credit card information. If you’re not careful, the person prior to the next credit card info is saved and will be charged and not the new person info.

Katie

Buy the desktop version

The desktop version is great to use once you get the hang of it but not the online version.

Pros

Cons

I did not like the online version of quickbooks at all and would recommend only getting the desktop version if you do the system.

Suki

Quick and Easy-Quickbooks

I should have purchased Quick Books straight-a-way!!

Pros

Love the app/desktop programs! This is a gem for my business, easy to navigate site but also has a clean format to work with.

Cons

It is not compatible with Fresh Books, when I purchased QB's I wanted to roll over my old data from Fresh Books and ended up re-entering everything. perhaps I missed something...

Maribeth

QuickBooks for Mac

I like the software and usually turn to other support networks then call QB for help.

Pros

The software is easy to use and works well on my Mac.

Cons

QuickBooks customer support is very frustrating. Most reps who answer the phone do not speak native English and sound as though they are reading from a script.

Shane

Best accounting software every

Pros

Simple to use. Full of features, cost effective and best of all it can be cloud and APP based. I have recommended this product to many other business owners

Cons

I have some difficulties with the payroll program which appear to be solved with payroll advanced by wagepoint.

Kyle

Good Option for Keeping Books on Mac

Pros

The Apple Platform is not known for its user-friendliness with many of the accounting softwares out there so QuickBooks coming to Mac was very welcome. The user interface is intuitive, simple to use, and the exportable data is exactly what you would need.

Cons

Because it is for mac, some of the options for export and reporting that exist on PC do not exist here. Kinda a bummer, but an ok product regardless.

Priyanka

Industry: Philanthropy

Financial Software

Overall about the software is more easy for any type of accounting, The interface for QB is customer friendly software. Request: - Add more countries bank in software which makes life more easy. - Little more filter in reports for more customization. - Add web connector.

Pros

- Easy in Entering. - Proper Details reports with customize feature. - Easy Reconciliation feature which connect with bank. - Accordingly create Chart of Accounts.

Cons

- No filter in Advance aging report. - No Indian Bank can directly for payment as software is only accept US banks. - Adding Employees is having a long process. - Add web connector in QB which makes life more easy.

Neeve

Got hired as a temp, Only had 10minutes of training

I don't know the ins and outs of Quickbooks but from working on it for a month I got the hang out of it. Very simple easy to understand for anyone. Very clean and easy. I had to enter 6 months of expenses and I was able to get that done in two days because of simple the set up is.

Pros

Was super simple to input all of the monthly expenses, and input the checks because I had to toggle back and forth from the online business bank account to Quickbooks

Cons

It took a while to figure out how to delete an accidentally imputed expense, also being able to tab over to each section of info while typing could be a little bit better.

Olesya

QB for Mac review

Pros

Quickbooks is one of the best accounting software for a small or mid size company

Cons

no consolidation available between two or more entities

Olivia

Great for accounting

Pros

Best accounting software for Mac!!! They still haven’t integrated over all the features that are available for Windows, but are slowly working on it. It is great for invoicing and payroll.

Cons

The downside is that it does not have the same features and capabilities as the Windows version. We switched over to the Mac version a couple months ago. It was a little tricky at first to get used to, but now our accounting processes are back to a consistent workflow.

Patti

Quickbooks for Mac

I have had an excellent experience using Quickbooks!

Pros

I've used Quickbooks for years and find it the most efficient and user friendly. The reporting function is also very good.

Cons

I would highly recommend this product. They could use a more comprehensive help and tutorial section.

Emma

Don’t waste your money

Cons

Everything...after about 2 years of using it to enter receipts only, it no longer was compatible with my Mac operating system and the message read to upgrade it and of course pay another few hundred dollars. I never used it for anything else but to track spending :( it was not user friendly I can honestly say there is nothing positive about the product. Unfortunately, I used it because my tax person recommended that I use it for my small business-

Jason

Works Well

Pros

Works as expected, having mostly used this product on a PC I wasn't sure what to expect on the Mac Version, but everything has been easily navigated and relatively intuitive.

Cons

It seems like the Mac version runs slower and I have had some lag time issues that I have not had on the PC version

Boris

Quickbook experience in law industry

I would use this for a very small business that doesn't need a complicated accounting system.

Pros

Its definitely is appealing to beginners when it comes to the accounting/bookkeeping and has many features to help navigate the process.

Cons

Its very vague and doesn't necessarily appeal to a certain industry or trade. At times it doesn't synchronize with other softwares as you would like.

QuickBooks Desktop for Mac