• Pros

• "The site is easy to navigate and makes transactions easy. Easy to understand and it’s not hard to add or remove a refund "

• "Its definitely is appealing to beginners when it comes to the accounting/bookkeeping and has many features to help navigate the process. "

• "I like best about Quickbook for Mac is the ease of use which I need to run my business smoothly."

• Cons

• "This program it’s very good on a PC but just ok on a Mac. As with most programs, it does not take advantage of the unique power of a Mac "

• "Right now I cannot export reports/data into excel, probably my issue but not sure"

• "Doesn't play well with the Windows version so you can't send a file from one to the other and just have it work without a lengthy conversion process."

Browse QuickBooks Desktop for Mac Reviews

Alexandra from Benitez Metal

Great software to have as a tool!

Pros

After having a bad experience with Account Edge, we decided to turn to Quickbooks for a refreshing, good system that we could rely on. After using it for sometime, it's been probably the best accounting/payroll/invoicing/estimating program we've had so far. Everything is very simple, user-friendly and not too technical.

Cons

One issue we've had with the program has been, trying to give access to new users is a very hard task to come across. As simple as it sounds, we still haven't managed to get a new user linked to our account to do more work. I've been sharing my ADMIN account which is not advised because not everybody should have the same access.

Whitey from Redmond Industries, LLC

Useful for starting out, not a long-term solution

We have two companies, one is 4 years old, there other is 1.5, it was the perfect option for starting out on our iMac computers. I do feel that we've outgrown at this point, but you cannot beat the price for start-up accounting needs.

Pros

Very easy to use! It tracks everything we needed for our two companies (transportation / warehouse logistics and commercial equipment repair). Seamless for reconciling credit cards and bank accounts, easy general journal entries (year end, interest adjustments, etc), progress invoicing and job costing.

Cons

After a couple years of use and many transactions, the file becomes unreliable. Customer support said we need to start a new company file each year to avoid broken data (spent many hours on the phone with support multiple times)

Gina from Sterling Sound & Vision LLC

Poor

I love quickbooks however, Quickbooks for MAC has a LOT to be desired!

Pros

I like the functionality of the Quickbooks product itself just not the MAC version! Quickbooks is a great product and it is easy to use. The report section is easily manipulated for whatever you may need a report on.

Cons

It doesn't work well with MAC and I have been using this product for 3 years now. They don't have an upgrade for this year but they upgraded the PC version. Their reports aren't consistent and what I mean by that is for example: I ran an aging AR summary and it listed invoices that are clearly paid; however, when I ran open invoices it didn't show on that report and that made my AR report over $ off. It often shuts down and kicks itself out for absolutely no reason and I am left to re-open the program several times a day.

Tyler from Ricky Heath Plumbing

Integrates with the field management software I use

Pros

It's great. It has a very clean interface. It also integrates with my field management software, which allows me to invoice from the other software & track everything in QB. The mac application is very user friendly.

Cons

I like to view my top customers each quarter. When doing this, I have to clean up the reports from QB myself. The downloaded files use formulas to generate values for customers with subcustomers. This creates a problem when you want to sort the list in order of highest to lowest amounts. So, I have to manually type in the totals on each master customer account before sorting.

Kozhi from Kozhi Makai Worldwide

Quickbook for Mac different than PC version

Pros

Generally easy functionality. While an online version seems great, a desktop version means access everywhere. For someone running a mobile business, it's important to have that real-time information handy.

Cons

Features that are on the PC version and not on the Mac version. For instance, payroll is online for the Mac version and you don't see payroll paychecks as you can on PC. This is a very disappointing fact, since there is really no difference in platform that Intuit can't fix that

David from The Wish Project

Industry: Civic & Social Organization

Getting better, but still has a ways to go

If you have very basic needs, Quicken for Mac delivers, but have anything beyond that and you're stuck.

Pros

If you want to track basic finances on your Mac, this is THE tool to do so. The features/functions work well enough and are very similar to the Windows version that using one vs the other (or both) shold feel very easy and consistent. But it is a Mac program, so there are differences.

Cons

Intuit continues to reduce support and features/functions of it's software. Quicken has removed the online services downloads for slightly older versions and even for the Mac version is nearly crippled in it's support for advanced features like tracking investments, stocks, and other retirement options. In this regard it's severely lacking compared to the Windows version and online tools.

zach from Heirloom INC

Desktop Version Has Pros and Cons

I have spent much more time with the online version for one of my companies(I have multiple people needing to see and work on accounting), however, with multiple other internal only accounting businesses, the desktop version works well enough to not pay multiple online subscriptions for each company.

Pros

You can use multiple companies with one license. It is relatively easy to switch from company to company. It's free to down load transactions from your bank account. Much cheaper, onetime purchase.

Cons

Downloading transactions from your bank account doesn't match up super accurately, especially if you have a lot of open invoices. It can be a little clunky to get around. Looking at what transactions have matched to downloaded transactions isn't possible, as far as I can tell. Reports aren't as easy to use as the online version.

Elizabeth from Drum Plumbing, Inc.

Managing Partner

Pros

Very easy to use, many option for reports. Modifications can be made if errors are made when entering a transaction

Cons

Issues connecting with banks to have transactions synchronized with the bank ledger.

Katie from Foothills Construction

Buy the desktop version

The desktop version is great to use once you get the hang of it but not the online version.

Pros

Quickbooks helps to consolidate the different accounting tools that you need for the accounting part of company.

Cons

I did not like the online version of quickbooks at all and would recommend only getting the desktop version if you do the system.

Patti from Change

Quickbooks for Mac

I have had an excellent experience using Quickbooks!

Pros

I've used Quickbooks for years and find it the most efficient and user friendly. The reporting function is also very good.

Cons

I would highly recommend this product. They could use a more comprehensive help and tutorial section.

Shelby from Koala Center for Sleep Disorders

Industry: Civic & Social Organization

Great software for small business

Pros

Quickbooks is great for small businesses. I used this at a construction company business and at a dental sleep medicine office. We did not use their payroll feature. I really liked that it was always up to date and saving your work constantly.

Cons

It can be a complex software to use. I felt very overwhelmed at first due to all of the detail in the software.

Melissa from Security

Easy to navigate

Pros

Cons

I don’t like that it saves the persons credit card information. If you’re not careful, the person prior to the next credit card info is saved and will be charged and not the new person info.

Fonnique from Frame Of Reference Ltd

Quickbooks for Mac is an ok system to use.

Pros

I have been using it for about a 18 months and from my experience it is generally this is an ok program. Most things are accessible to you in the this program so it worked for some time.

Cons

The system crashes all the time for me and at one point I wasn't able to export or print any reports from this program. it is also a lot more slower so I had to go back to using it in Safari.

Boris from Ivan Constructions inc

Quickbook experience in law industry

I would use this for a very small business that doesn't need a complicated accounting system.

Pros

Cons

Its very vague and doesn't necessarily appeal to a certain industry or trade. At times it doesn't synchronize with other softwares as you would like.

July 2016

Eileen from Walker Electric, Inc.

July 2016

The software isn't so bad, but customer service is intolerable

Pros

The product has good integration across billing/invoicing/payroll.

Cons

Customer service is unable/unwilling to meet customer needs. I had an issue with my payroll service. I was being double billed at the annual rate and the monthly rate in error. I tried for months to get this corrected and all I got was frustrated.

Maribeth from Simply Virtual Bookkeeping

QuickBooks for Mac

I like the software and usually turn to other support networks then call QB for help.

Pros

The software is easy to use and works well on my Mac.

Cons

QuickBooks customer support is very frustrating. Most reps who answer the phone do not speak native English and sound as though they are reading from a script.

Suki from Remax

Quick and Easy-Quickbooks

I should have purchased Quick Books straight-a-way!!

Pros

Love the app/desktop programs! This is a gem for my business, easy to navigate site but also has a clean format to work with.

Cons

It is not compatible with Fresh Books, when I purchased QB's I wanted to roll over my old data from Fresh Books and ended up re-entering everything. perhaps I missed something...

Shane from Axis Mountain Technical

Best accounting software every

Pros

Simple to use. Full of features, cost effective and best of all it can be cloud and APP based. I have recommended this product to many other business owners

Cons

I have some difficulties with the payroll program which appear to be solved with payroll advanced by wagepoint.

Kyle from Computer Software

Good Option for Keeping Books on Mac

Pros

The Apple Platform is not known for its user-friendliness with many of the accounting softwares out there so QuickBooks coming to Mac was very welcome. The user interface is intuitive, simple to use, and the exportable data is exactly what you would need.

Cons

Because it is for mac, some of the options for export and reporting that exist on PC do not exist here. Kinda a bummer, but an ok product regardless.

Priyanka from Digital Green Foundation

Industry: Philanthropy

Financial Software

Overall about the software is more easy for any type of accounting, The interface for QB is customer friendly software. Request: - Add more countries bank in software which makes life more easy. - Little more filter in reports for more customization. - Add web connector.

Pros

- Easy in Entering. - Proper Details reports with customize feature. - Easy Reconciliation feature which connect with bank. - Accordingly create Chart of Accounts.

Cons

- No filter in Advance aging report. - No Indian Bank can directly for payment as software is only accept US banks. - Adding Employees is having a long process. - Add web connector in QB which makes life more easy.

Neeve from Lounge

Got hired as a temp, Only had 10minutes of training

I don't know the ins and outs of Quickbooks but from working on it for a month I got the hang out of it. Very simple easy to understand for anyone. Very clean and easy. I had to enter 6 months of expenses and I was able to get that done in two days because of simple the set up is.

Pros

Was super simple to input all of the monthly expenses, and input the checks because I had to toggle back and forth from the online business bank account to Quickbooks

Cons

It took a while to figure out how to delete an accidentally imputed expense, also being able to tab over to each section of info while typing could be a little bit better.

Olesya from Engine Digital

QB for Mac review

Pros

Quickbooks is one of the best accounting software for a small or mid size company

Cons

no consolidation available between two or more entities

Olivia from K08 Sounds

Great for accounting

Pros

Best accounting software for Mac!!! They still haven’t integrated over all the features that are available for Windows, but are slowly working on it. It is great for invoicing and payroll.

Cons

The downside is that it does not have the same features and capabilities as the Windows version. We switched over to the Mac version a couple months ago. It was a little tricky at first to get used to, but now our accounting processes are back to a consistent workflow.

Jason from CSA

Works Well

Pros

Works as expected, having mostly used this product on a PC I wasn't sure what to expect on the Mac Version, but everything has been easily navigated and relatively intuitive.

Cons

It seems like the Mac version runs slower and I have had some lag time issues that I have not had on the PC version

Emma from Journey to Wellness

Don’t waste your money

Cons

Everything...after about 2 years of using it to enter receipts only, it no longer was compatible with my Mac operating system and the message read to upgrade it and of course pay another few hundred dollars. I never used it for anything else but to track spending :( it was not user friendly I can honestly say there is nothing positive about the product. Unfortunately, I used it because my tax person recommended that I use it for my small business-

Craig from A Medical Practice

Industry: Civic & Social Organization

Essential for small business bookkeeping

Overall, a really helpful part of our business's workflow.

Pros

Easy to see what financials are going in and out each month and to categorize them in the way most helpful to you. Reports are easy to run.

Cons

Linked credit cards will sometimes run wild and suddenly spawn charges from years ago that aren't especially helpful to your accounting. Definitely requires some supervision.

Mark from Phipps Custom Solutions

Mac version lags behind Windows

Pros

It actually works on a Mac. However, the Mac version lags behind in features to the windows version and in order to share a file between Windows and Mac takes a lot of work -- creating a back-up file, converting it over, etc.

MacKenzie from My Pet Pail

If you own a Mac laptop and a small business - you should try this.

Pros

I like that this software is specifically designed for Mac laptops. I have had a Mac for 7 years and sometimes find it difficult to find software that works just as well on a Mac as it does on Windows.

Cons

I don't think the software is particularly user-friendly, but they do a good job providing educational material for use.

April 2015

Angela from room to grow

QB for Mac review

Pros

I like its multifunction capabilities and its ability to do so many different things. I like that it can keep track of employee time clock punches and can automatically generate otherwise complicated tasks.

Cons

It's not very easy to be able to switch back and forth from a PC to a Mac. The Mac product seems to have fewer support options than the original PC version that I also have used.

Monique from JF Mechanical LLC

Product is useful if you are familiar with MAC

Pros

it syncs well with MAC computer. Its icons and pages are functional and easy to use. If I was more familiar, it would work great

Cons

I'm more familiar with Microsoft, so it was hard for me to convert between the two. I wanted to try it out since I had a MAC.

Casey from Baylor University

Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

Great Option for Mac Users

Pros

This is a similar product to the original QuickBooks but it has Mac-specific features. This allows you to easily use it if you are used to the Mac interface.

Cons

There are certain features that do not quite add up to the PC version. Also it is difficult to share a file between PC and Mac.

Sherry from Safety Unlimited

Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

Useful and Easy to use

Pros

Ease of use and navigation to pages and screens is seamless. QuickBook for Macs does not differ much from PC version

Cons

Sometimes there is difficulty using chrome vs. safari. I am unable to print checks in safari and have to toggle between browsers.

Bruce from R&B services

Plenty of features

Pros

There is great help available in setting up if you are not very experienced with this. Things went very smoothly for me

Cons

Payroll was one of my biggest struggles learning. again i wasnt all that familiar but maybe it would come natural to others

Kevin from Vapeco

Quickbooks - the recommended platform by Accountants

Pros

Intuitive platform that will help you with your accounting issues. Easy bank connection and expense reporting. Easy payroll (for an additional charge).

Cons

It's recommended by Accountants for a reason. Very hard for the non-Accountant consumer to use efficiently and accurately.

Demarco from World Financial Group

Quickbooks for Mac - Because we need a Mac Accounting Hero

Pros

There are not a lot of quality products that I was able to find to work for my old macbook. Quickbooks for Mac however fits this mould quite well. The typical quickbooks software for PC is the exact same thing you can expect from a Mac. It allows an alternative for those who wish to do accounting on a Macintosh device.

Cons

Quickbooks is still difficult to use initially without training. Make sure to view some tutorials to get the best from this product. It just takes time to master this program. After learning how it works it becomes easier to use and implement for your business.

Don from ArcBest

Worth the purchase

Pros

Works well with Mac products and easy to use. Takes a little to get used to it but once you get going its amazing

Cons

it was hard converting from Microsoft to mac products but with anything, it just takes practice. not many other cons

Sonia from Delant

April 2015

Quickbooks for Mac has been a life saver personally and was well as for my job.

Quickbooks for Mac has been a life saver personally and was well as for my job.

Pros

This program has simplified my work and so many ways. Something that could have taken me hours to complete such as balancing accounts with various vendors takes me no more than 2 hours.

Cons

Personally there really isn't anything I don't like about this product.

Alfear from Porus Placements

Quickbooks Ease

Pros

When first starting I thought it was difficult to understand how it would help in the business. it is very easy to use now!

Cons

sometimes it just does not function properly and at the busiest times. Though it comes back quickly .

Jackeline from Andaman Spa

It was ok

Pros

Quick books was great, but I think it was very expensive for a small bueianess. And it has too many loops

Cons

They charge and it’s almost imposible to comunícate with them to ask questions or cancel. I had to cancel my bank account .

Zia from Zen Japanese Restaurant

Quickbooks for Mac - User Friendly

Quickbooks for Mac - User Friendly

Pros

Very easy to use and, if you haven't used a certain feature of the program before, very easy to figure out

Cons

Call-in help centre - pay per use. So, even if there's a problem with the most recent update and we have an issue with Vendors/Payables because of their update glitch, we have to pay to get help on th

Curt from Red Stick Companion Services LLC

One of the Best Programs Available for Small Business

One of the Best Programs Available for Small Business

Pros

I like the ease of use and a program that has been around for many years.

Cons

I have no complaints about this product except it is becoming more common that banks are not allowing account statements and history to be downloaded into this program.

JANET from Wind Harvest International

QuickBooks Survey

QuickBooks Survey

Pros

Flexibility, do not need to be online. Can work with multiple clients, user friendly & intuitive. Comprehensive reports

Bonnie from Vintage Oaks Consulting

Vice President, Vintage Oaks Consulting

Vice President, Vintage Oaks Consulting

Pros

Easy to use. Makes downloading of expenses clear and understandable. Great for filing tax returns.

Cons

You need to use their categories or develop your own. Sometimes this is not as easy as they would like you to believe.

Alexandru from SASU Edifice

Quickbooks for Mac - one of the best sales alternative for your company.

Pros

The invoice system can be customize pretty easy and can save you time. The support service is professional and they offer rapid solutions.

Cons

Migration of data can be time consuming and a bit hard to implement. The year-to-year updates should be discounted.

Ronald from Ehresmann Wille Engineering Lt

qbooks review

qbooks review

Pros

Ease of use in data entry, output, report requests and formatting and eliminating the need for a cpa.

Cons

No complaints on the performance of this product. I like how it fits the needs of my engineering business.

April 2015

Ernest from The Arvai Group, Inc.

Quickbooks

Pros

Quick books is easy to use, and meets the basic accounting needs for a small business or proprietorship. It is intuitive, and its checkbook like structure is easy to use.

Cons

The updates and pricing, as well as the increasing complexity.

Holly from Artechski-Alpine Racing Technologies

Quickbooks

Pros

We seemed to have outgrown it - we no longer use it

Cons

It was too slow and did not fit our needs as well, as we were looking to expedited customer, order, and inventory data bases for store front

jill from lakewest

Review of QuickBooks for Mac

Review of QuickBooks for Mac

Pros

The best think I like about QuickBooks is its ease of use.

Cons

The thing I like least about QuickBooks is that I haven't had time to explore all its functions yet.

April 2015

Michael from Flockhart Design, Inc.

Flockhart Design Quickbooks

Flockhart Design Quickbooks

Pros

The software is easy to use, intuitive and graphically accessible.

Cons

Some of the charts generated are difficult to read.

Michelle from Saco Bay

Quickbook for Macs Review

Quickbook for Macs Review

Pros

Cons

There really isn't anything I don't like about this product.