All Sage 50cloud Accounting Reviews

Barry

Accounting, 2-10 employees

Reviewed July 2022

28 Years and counting

Very good, have loved my interaction with some great cleint managers over hte years and we have all benefited.

PROS

I have used this software for 28 years from DOS to version 28. Its always delivered when required and good support when needed.

CONS

Recent prices changes have been a challenge and too much for some cleints.

Reason for choosing Sage 50cloud Accounting

Desktop based and interating with my add in software The Analyser.

Veronica

Music, 11-50 employees

Why I love Sage 50cloud Accounting

Sage 50cloud Accounting is very user friendly. I really like the look and feel of it and it is easy to navigate the various options.

PROS

I love Sage 50cloud Accounting because its on the cloud and we can access it anywhere. We are a small business and it provides all the functionality we need to carry out our accounting needs.

CONS

There is nothing I dislike about Sage 50cloud Accounting

Reason for choosing Sage 50cloud Accounting

Sage is a leading accounting software expert and I love their products.

Angela

Reviewed February 2024

Love Sage Accounting

It is an easy to understand software, account manger is always there as is the support team if you need them.

PROS

Easy to use, Logical in the way it works, Great reports and brilliant support.

CONS

I cant think of anything that would make me use another software

Reviewed August 2018

Good...But A Little Expensive

I use the Canadian version of the software. I suspect it's basically the same as the American version, except for sales tax and payroll, but I would check a review of that version for any American users.

PROS

Sage 50 is an easy-to-use piece of accounting software aimed at SMEs (small and medium-sized enterprises), and it is one of QuickBooks' major competitors. It's fairly easy to find people who are familiar with Sage 50. That's a plus for small businesses looking to find an employee or outside service provider to take care of their books. If you are looking to do the books yourself, Sage 50 is relatively easy to learn. They have thorough tutorials available to walk you through the basics. Major transactions are grouped together under tabs on the left-hand navigation panel. The various workflows--receivables, payables, inventory and services, employees and payroll, and a 'company' category--are all shown graphically. Each task within a major area is represented as a labeled icon, making it is to start a new transaction from this screen. The 'company' link is a catch-all category, including general journal entries, the chart of accounts and tools for managing your data and accounting tasks. Virtually every report that a small business could need is available in Sage 50.

CONS

I found Sage 50 to be glitchy in the past. I have spent too many hours on hold or on a call with their tech support. I use the payroll-included version of Sage 50. I also have a support package. In all, that's not competitively priced. If it weren't for the fact that some clients have been using this software for years and are reimbursing me for the cost of the software, I would not be using it. QuickBooks is a better value.

Morna

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 2-10 employees

Crucial for small businesses

This package is easy to use, so crucial in helping us keep track of our business performance and makes our finance so efficient and professional. Saves us loads of time too. Plus a great price for all that. As a small business we couldn't do without it.

PROS

Despite our size, Sage really professionalises our finance. So easy to keep track of how we’re doing, cash flow, P&L at the touch of a button and Balance sheet. Couldn’t do without it.

CONS

As a non finance person (but with a good level of knowledge) I find it difficult to understand the ‘how to’ articles from Sage when I need help.

Biff

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 11-50 employees

Reviewed May 2022

Can't get up and running

My account isn't having any troubles but as the business owner, it troubles me that the program won't let me set it up in my computer.

PROS

It's nice when it works but it doesn't work on all my computers.

CONS

Getting it set up for a shared company is next to impossible. I've been working with support for three months now trying to get this to work. It still doesn't work.

Price and value

Reasons for switching to Sage 50cloud Accounting

Quickbooks took funds out of my bank accounts against my wishes.

Non-Profit Organization Management, 11-50 employees

Reviewed August 2022

Good but could be better

It does the job. Can be cumbersome at times. Lagging behind the competition.

PROS

Customer support is great. Always get through to someone who can help solve issues.

CONS

Playing a bad game of catch-up in terms of features and being cloud based.

Recommendation by our accountant

Reasons for switching to Sage 50cloud Accounting

Recommendation from our accountant at the time.

Kira

Real Estate, 2-10 employees

Small Business Product Only

Overall we were not impressed with Sage as we became a mid-size company. Sage really only is useful for very small businesses.

PROS

The pro of Sage is customization. You have the ability to customize everything you do which is good, but it can push the rules of accounting if you are not careful. I liked the ease of customization when it came to payroll.

CONS

There were a lot of cons for Sage especially when it came to becoming a larger company. The manual process of all actions were very time consuming. Our cloud operations also never worked and their support team was unable to help us.

Adam

Computer Software, 11-50 employees

Reviewed November 2017

Ex user of Sage

PROS

The functionality available is very good, and the reporting capabilities are very good if you know how to use them.

CONS

The reporting side of Sage 50 requires a lot of knowledge which is not easily transferable. Also does not work on a Mac.

Rebecca

Reviewed February 2024

Great product.

Great! No issues at all and would recommend to others with an accounting background.

PROS

Written for Accountants, but, not over complex to use.

CONS

Expense, but, you do get helplines which are super.

Brandon

Package/Freight Delivery, 11-50 employees

Reviewed May 2019

Sage 50 Review

Sage has always been helpful through online or phone calls whenever you need them. Find the right consultant for you, and you experience improves.

PROS

There is alot of things that are already set up for you to just hit the ground running and a lot of items integrated into the system to help small businesses that need a solution but no time to customize a whole system.

CONS

Sage 50 allows for minimal customization from their out of the box set up software. This plays as an advantage, but does not allow you to get the information you want in the view you want.

Reason for choosing Sage 50cloud Accounting

Seemed like more flexibility for our company to grow with instead of needing to upgrade at certain numbers of users, employees, or items.

Aubrey

Machinery, 11-50 employees

Reviewed July 2022

Easy to Use

Generally positive. Very easy to use. I've been using it for about 8 months and have found it easy to navigate.

PROS

I like that you can delete journal entries if you posted it in error or need to make an adjustment. Other software would require you to do a separate journal entry to reverse the original entry. This software allows you to delete it as if it never happened. I like that because it helps keeps the GL looking clean.

CONS

I wish there was a faster way to drill into invoices/payments that are tied together.

Reasons for switching to Sage 50cloud Accounting

Switched companies. This was at my previous employer.

Heidi

Logistics and Supply Chain, 11-50 employees

Reviewed May 2018

Easy to use, nice reports; troubleshooting and updates can be a pain

I used this software for really basic accounting functions and used a separate CRM and ERP software that I just journaled information from into Sage. It was great for that and for the everyday AP, payroll and GL. Overall I really liked it and it gave me few problems. The issue was that when there was a problem, it was really time-consuming to fix and I often had to bring in outside tech support when Sage couldn't solve the problem, so it cost a lot of extra time and money a few times a year.

PROS

I loved this program in that it seemed to be made for accountants, unlike some software that seems to be made for non-accountants. There are a lot of great reports to choose from, and each can be easily formatted to whatever file type you need. The payroll is awesome and easy to use.

CONS

Updates can sometimes cost you functionality, which can be a real problem if you are in the middle of payroll. Payroll information is only available for the current and previous calendar years, which is tough when you are undergoing an audit or due diligence. Some reports have limited time range parameters, so if you have a fiscal year that doesn't fit into those parameters, it can be annoying to run more than one report and combine the information. Also, there was one formula in the tax functions that didn't provide the correct number for some states, you had to enter it manually, which made us provide incorrect information and pay penalties because of it. I tried to do a data transfer from one company in sage to another, and several files were corrupted and didn't make it over. At one point, I needed to have two companies open at once, and the windows did not title which company was which. I literally had to go into the the menu drop down to figure out which company was which. They looked identical, so it was a real pain.

Samantha

Pharmaceuticals, 11-50 employees

Reviewed April 2022

Has great potential but fails in it's execution

We have persevered with Sage because to change such critical software for a mature business of our size is not an easy task. The customer service is shocking. they simply aren't bothered that we having these issues. The software is not the cheapest but a switch isn't a cost saving exercise, it's a case of needing some software that functions the way it is supposed too!! We have lost all confidence in the system.

PROS

The software on paper looks impressive, there are many features within Sage that assist the smooth running of the financial side of the business. The ability to run multiple accounts and currencies is ideal for companies that trade internationally. The bank reconcile is straight forward and effective. The reporting options are comprehensive and can be configured to suit the needs of your business.

CONS

What really lets this software down is the implementation. We moved to cloud software to support more remote working and it has been an absolute nightmare. We have had daily issues. Data is continuously 'out of sync' which throws users off the system. We have found that we have lost data which for accounting is just unacceptable and not sustainable. We have lost quotes, invoices, bank reconciliations. Having to get staff to check their data entry and repeat work just defeats the point of having the software and undermines the principles of any book-keeping system.

Reviewed January 2023

My Sage review

fair enough for the job

PROS

Is for small business and the accounting structure is perfect.

CONS

Not all the adding modules are on cloud, some modules are only on Premise.

Reasons for switching to Sage 50cloud Accounting

My client needs their software in the cloud

Iain

Industrial Automation, 2-10 employees

Reviewed October 2021

Tried and tested product with 1 foot in the cloud

Used for 15+ years with minimal issues. Support were always great when needed. We 'outgrew' it not in terms of number of users or quantity of data but the ability to join up more business processes and to work in a more modern cloud-based way

PROS

Accountants are very familiar with this - almost an industry standard. Core accountancy functions are strong

CONS

Some aspects are hard for non-accountants to understand the terminology. Cloud implementation is only partial, Its a dektop product with uploads and synchronisation to other computers via cloud. We suffered several disconnects and issues that needed the remote stations to be re synced losing work. Some of the more peripheral aspects (Sales orders, purchase orders, stock management) had some limitations and there were several places where it was easy to accidentally mark every quote in the system as won if you did not have anything selected. No link to cloud payroll from sage - needed the much more expensive desktop software or manually enter payroll data into Line 50 every month

Accountant recommendation

Randy

Used free trial

Reviewed June 2015

Sage 50 'Quantum' Canadian is very stable but limited. No significant new features for last 4 years.

Pros: - Sage 50 Canadian is very stable, any 'crash' is almost always a hardware or operating system issue. - Vendor technical support is prompt and helpful. - Uses a solid 'Enterprise-grade' back end database. - ODBC is free, and included. - Free SDK is available. Cons: - Response to bugs is to provide work-arounds - No significant new features since 2011. - Screen designs are stuck on 1988. Data entry fonts are unusably tiny on modern monitors, and can't be adjusted. - Features and prior bundled software has been removed, no longer supported, or flat out disabled: . web store integration, . Crystal Reports, . ACT! CRM integration . Simply HR Manager - Numerous limitations in the 'Quantum' version to prevent use by all but the smallest companies: . no transaction reports show purchase order numbers, . ship-to addresses are limited to 99, . multiple vendor shipping addresses are not supported at all . if using multiple 'locations', inventory reports are wrong due to wrong beginning onhand. . Multiple shipments to / from a single invoice are not supported. . No way to report on Purchase Order vs invoice purchase amounts or pricing. . No reports - Designed for Accountants, not for business operations. . 'Job Tracking' will record what you put in, but not tell you what to bill out. . Year end process is unnecessarily convoluted and cumbersome for the business. . Inventory 'available' isn't displayed during invoicing, only 'On Hand'. . Only 2 years of sales statistics are tracked - current and prior year. Since current is always opened before the prior year is completed, there is never any point in time where a comparative report is of any use. . Canned reports are inadequate and can't be customized. - Time Tracking to Invoicing only works if you never have separate jobs for a single client - and who wouldn't? - Inventory statistics are broken - Quantities are correct, but adjustments rack up the statistics on number of transactions (one sale, adjusted two times will show as 5 transactions) - Virtually all inventory, sales, and purchase detail reports show all adjusted and reversed transactions, but don't output any indicator that they are just dead, junk data. - Few third party software integrations - Other Sage software does not work with it AT ALL. (Asset tracking, Time & Billing, CRM)

Ishrat