All Sage Accounting Reviews

It Works Smoothly.

Andile

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

Reviewed November 2022

My professional side hustle enablers

PROS

Banking connections, this and the ease of allocation of transactions, I can track my spending habits and allocate my incomes with ease.Bookkeeping should not be hard and the solution makes sure it's a breeze.

CONS

I'm not sure it's this is a thing of the past... But I have multiple bank accounts linked and transfer between accounts can be be very complicated and you can easy duplicate transactions.I really don't like the idea of paying for add-ons such as cloud space. I think the more functionality required the more this can become expensive.

Reason for choosing Sage Accounting

I think pricing for basic bookkeeping functions, it's still the most reasonable.

Sheldon

Accounting, 2-10 employees

Reviewed August 2023

Sage Online Accounting

The software is good and reliable. Very few errors have happened to the software, since we have moved to the cloud. So Good.

PROS

You can log in from anywhere. Take on is easy. Invoicing is simple to use. Allocating receipts and payments straight from the important bank statements makes processing easy

CONS

The stock system does not intergrate well between the stock holdings and values and the balance sheet. Extra modules are required for this basic function and this does not always solve the problem. This results in clients needing to continuously reconcile stock to balance the Inventory Valuation to the Inventory Ledger.The project management systems need to be improved so individual and multiple projects can be quickly monitored in an income statement.

Reason for choosing Sage Accounting

I was familiar with the company and their support. I prefer their method of storing transactions. It is a South African Support base

Reasons for switching to Sage Accounting

We needed accessability in the cloud from multiple places and we needed to work with our clients on the same information, without them needing to bring their laptops to us.

Reviewed March 2019

Just don't

I wanted to use Sage business accounting cloud for basic bookkeeping and I couldn't even do this. My experience was of utter frustration. Not only with the lack of capabilities and difficulty in using the software but even worse, with their billing department. I was charged the wrong amounts every single month. Clients were charged for software that they didn't even use. Some clients were charged for software that I had already paid for. Nobody in accounts could fix it. Not even the directors were able to fix it. What an absolute disaster. I am absolutely at a loss as to how they are still in business.

PROS

The sage logo hinted that it may be similar to their line 50 product. Oh, how wrong I was. There is quite literally nothing good I can say about this software, their customer support nor their accounts and billing team.,

CONS

It falls way short of functional. It couldn't be further behind the competition if they did nothing. Essential features like repeating invoices were missing. You can't pay with or receive into the director's loan account. You are restricted in the number and type of bank/cash accounts you can have. Fixing anything is a mammoth task and even then, it doesn't actually fic the issues.

Sandy

Public Relations and Communications, 2-10 employees

Reviewed December 2023

This program is pricey but easy to use and intuitive

Once I got to know the program I liked it a lot. I had to change to QB because of client requirements on one client and had a hard time making the transition.

PROS

I really like the reporting function and the ability to be intuitive in creating my chart of accounts and general ledger inputting. I like to do things by monthly date and the program allowed me to do that.

CONS

very pricey for our needs. If you are a larger firm it is worth it but we are smaller and was difficult to justify the high cost.

Reason for choosing Sage Accounting

At the time, because our CPA recommended it.

Food Production, 2-10 employees

Reviewed June 2022

Really Easy Software for Non-Accountants

I honestly, couldn't imagine running my business without it. It's such an integral part of my business and frees up my time so that I can focus on other things. Truly outstanding!

PROS

I love the usability of this product. As a non-accountant, I feel able to easily keep track of my small business accounts with Sage Business Cloud Accounting. Plus, if ever there is a time where I don't know something and my accountant isn't available, the Sage help is excellent. I love the new addition of the Sage University which is going to be a real help in training my team.

CONS

I feel that for me personally, the cash flow forecasting is a bit complicated, but I'll admit I haven't fully explored this side of things, I tend to do all my budgeting on a spreadsheet but it would be handy to have it integrated with my accounts. Maybe a section that can look at the P&Ls for past years and recommend budgets for the months, quarters and year ahead. Again, it's not something I've fully looked into so it may already exist on the platform.

Reason for choosing Sage Accounting

It was recommended to me by my accountant who was already using the software for some other clients and after trialling it, I found it great.

Mahir

Information Technology and Services, 201-500 employees

Reviewed October 2022

Awesome Accounting System if you can afford it!

The overall experience is definitely good and it's worth every penny if one can afford it.

PROS

Sage Accounting application improved our efficiency and business processes by much. It's features are integrated and there's no functional flaws at all; we can trust it's reports!

CONS

When you have 10+ users, it'll be a bit expensive to maintain Sage. Besides, initially the learning curve to get accustomed to it's features may take some more time for the traditional ERP system users

Reason for choosing Sage Accounting

Sage has all the features that we necessitated and it was within our budget

Reasons for switching to Sage Accounting

NetSuite was very very expensive to maintain and also it's product support team was very slow to respond.

Gustav

Construction, 2-10 employees

Reviewed May 2021

One of my best investments yet.

First of all i had no accounting software, no quoting and invoicing software. so this just makes my document presentation just that much more professional looking. also i only have to do the basic, and it does the rest for me.

PROS

As a non accounting person, i found this software to be just what the tax man ordered in terms of financial accountability features. it's so easy and and intuitive to use, i was able to get started on the first day and even issued a quote to a client.

CONS

well, i had trouble linking my business bank account to the software, but that could be the bank...

Reason for choosing Sage Accounting

Sage has an incredible track record and support, plus it was cheaper.

Reasons for switching to Sage Accounting

Sage was cost effective and charges in local currency which makes it cheaper, whilst also offering more features.

Casey

Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 51-200 employees

Reviewed November 2023

Do not purchase

Horrible experience, hard to use, does not integrate, way over priced

PROS

Nothing, hard to use, does not integrate with other programs

CONS

Everything. Worse product for accounting ever

Reason for choosing Sage Accounting

Other employee wanted it said it was easy to use and she knew how, that was a lie

Bruno

Logistics and Supply Chain, 201-500 employees

Reviewed July 2021

Sage could accounting - innovative solution

Incredible experience, easy to use and helpful to develop the business.

PROS

Sage Business Cloud Accounting is an innovative solution based on the sage software that allows to combine the original one with the cloud solution, as future and digital transformations needs.

CONS

The software is quite expensive if companies does not needs all features presented.

Reasons for switching to Sage Accounting

Primavera features are not so good as Sage, which is perfect.

Muhammad

Accounting, 11-50 employees

Reviewed August 2023

Sage Accounting

PROS

Sage accounting is very helpful accounting solutions for small and medium size enterprises. Where all accounting and tax related features easily available.

CONS

Software sometimes can be slow which can affect productivity

Reasons for switching to Sage Accounting

Xero was well suited for small enterprises but for medium size Sage is best

Vishal

Information Technology and Services, 51-200 employees

Reviewed September 2020

Can definitely Work with IT!!!!!

Ability to meet the objectives of the finance department and make the workflow alot easier in terms of maximizing the efficiency

PROS

The ability to integrate with other Sage solutions was great. We had some other 3rd party solutions which needed to be integrated and the ISV already had integration points available

CONS

The price was a little off but we if you need the solution its worth the extra cost

Reason for choosing Sage Accounting

The great reviews and i have a couple of other professionals who recommended it to us

Michelle

Marketing and Advertising, 2-10 employees

Reviewed September 2020

I love the fact that the product integrates with other products such as payroll.

PROS

I loved the fact that for the most part everything seemed extremely easy to use. I did run into a few issues, but I found the support staff were extremely helpful. I would like to point ou that I am not an accountant by trade and give my books to a qualified accountant at the end of each year. This product served that purpose entirely.

CONS

The bank statements duplicated on one of the imports, but to be honest Im not sure if I did something wrong.

Reason for choosing Sage Accounting

I wanted a cloud based solution that was easy to use.

Reviewed January 2018

A solid accounts package. Many useful features allowing simple accounting for small businesses.

PROS

It is relatively intuitive for people with only a basic knowledge of business accounting. It allows easy manipulation of accounting data and you are able to provide periodical reports which means you always know the state of your companies finances. It can be accessed from anywhere and at any time and allows you to restrict certain users to particular areas. You are able to give your accountant a direct log in to your accounts which makes annual tax accounting very quick and simple. Sage One can be tied to your bank accounts so that all items that pass through your accounts can be automatically uploaded into sage saving lots of time on entering data. VAT filing and reports can be done instantly and sent directly to HMRC. Can also be used directly with Sage Payroll meaning all information from payroll is automatically added to Sage One accounts.

CONS

If you're internet connection is weak this can slow things down a bit though on the whole it is a very stable and trustworthy platform. The only thing I find a little bit weak is the inability to create direct backups of your accounts either your computer desktop or external drives. The only method of backing up the information is to print reports of all ledgers, invoices, receipts and audit trail. This means you will always have the information but in the event of a catastrophic failure it would be highly time consuming to re-input all the details. There would be no obvious method of doing this.

Cathy

Mining & Metals, 501-1,000 employees

Reviewed April 2020

Simple to learn, gives you great data

I started a new job and I was up and running on invoicing at the end of the week, by week two I was able to post cash. It did take a little bit of time to familiarize myself the reports and with the general ledger. When I covered accounts payable it was also very intuitive. One of the most intuitive computer systems I have worked with ever.

PROS

The company I got a job with a few years ago used Sage, I was apprehensive about learning a new computer system but Sage was easy. It was intuitive if you have a little experience and accounting knowledge. It gives very great reports and gives you a lot of basic detail. I like.the fact that you can drill down to give various information.

CONS

There were a few times that I wish there was an online help to explain a few questions. There are a lot of reports and I feel like you may have to look at several reports to pull some advanced details.

A new job.

Matthew

Marketing and Advertising, 2-10 employees

Reviewed June 2019

Abysmal software and customer service experience

It appears as though Sage panicked when Xero and other cloud providers appeared in their market and so they rushed out a poor bit of software. They haven't developed it and so it is a long way behind its competitors, with basic functionality missing and a poor user interface. I have also had several problems with basic features (link the bank feed) which they have no idea how to resolve. The customer support experience is also the slowest and most painful experience I have ever come across from a SaaS provider. It is telling that they are slashing their prices at the same time Xero is able to raise theirs!

PROS

The only two good parts of the software are the discounted price and it clearly shows you how long until the end of your VAT period.

CONS

Unreliable Very little development in the 6 years I have used it Slow to do basic tasks The interface isn't user-friendly There is no way to take a back up your data The customer service is slow - typical experience is 20+ min wait for live chat, no response to emails and 15+ wait for phone support (on a premium rate number)

Martin

Accounting, 1 employee

Reviewed February 2021

I have the full confidence in this product

Excellent - they started a bit behind functionality wise from other products, and are now moving ahead of them, and I like the committment to constant development and the transparancy of their roadmap.

PROS

It is intuitive, and my non-accountant clients can usually navigate their way around it themselves, and only occassionally require minimal support. My clients who have switch from other software have said that they wouldn't go back.

CONS

The marketing for this product is not as flashy as competitors, and so sometimes it can be a hard sell to clients who want the one with the big ad campaign. As with most cloud products it is constantly evolving and I am not always aware of the new features which come out.

Reason for choosing Sage Accounting

Genuinely my experience as been that it has been more than just a transaction buying and using Sage Accounting, but it has been the start of an ongoing journey.

Johan