(1,204)

1,204

• Pros

• "It was very easy and convenient to use for a new business to get started. Awesome to be able to accept payment anywhere I had a cell signal, or wifi."

• "It is very easy to use. I love being able to list an item and then put in a custom amount. It is very fast and understandable. There is also no monthly fee just a fee per swipe. Which is awesome!"

• "I love every little bit of square. The functions it offers, the simplicity, the updates they do are always amazing and easy to use. "

• Cons

• "Cost per swipe is a little high, especially if the card is not present or the swiper isn't working and we have to hand-key the payment. Other than that, it's a great reliable software!"

• "I am loathe to complain about the fees, because this is really worth the price and would be worth much more, but the fees could be a little lower."

• "The least thing I like about this software is the additional costs that are put on the user and the customer. It does provide convenience however additional costs are always a negative. "

Browse Square Point of Sale Reviews

Athena from Associated Estate & Appraisal

Industry: Wholesale

A huge help when running estate sales

Square point of sale has been a great asset allowing us to take card payments not only in person when we run an estate sale but also over the phone for clients who wish to pay their invoices with a card versus a check. The option of a text or email receipt is also very helpful for those who want proof of purchase/payment when we don't have a printer onsite.

Pros

It allows us to take card payments for any amount using the app when a customer doesn't have cash instead of the risk of taking a check.

Cons

The processing fees are competitive with other services such as PayPal but still high and cut into our profits.

Reasons for Switching to Square Point of Sale

Although the fees are competitive, Square has less hidden fees and deposits the funds directly into your chosen account rather than leaving it in their Cloud.

Jacob from Estate Coffee LLC

Square POS offers new and flexible use

Overall, I would 100% recommend Square for new businesses. Start up costs can be next to nothing and it doesn’t require someone to install it. And NO CONTRACTS :) You can then add on their additional features which should be able to sustain your businesses growth for as long as you need it too. In terms of switching to square, make sure your existing equipment can be reused .

Pros

Square is offering a software that is versatile and also nearly free for a new business that doesn’t have money to spend on start up costs or an existing business that has been ripped off from an expensive POS company. You can literally just use your iPhone with a card swipe. Or for the brick and mortars use their new and sleek looking square register. In terms of interface, Squares basic dashboard is free to the public and can be set up as fast as signing up for a email account. You can learn it’s navigation in a matter of minutes and you are able to subscribe for the extras you need like loyalty, gift cards or marketing. Very simple, very user friendly, and the support is actually helpful.

Cons

Switching from a POS company that requires a lot of upfront infrastructure and training, I don’t have a lot of bad things to say about squares POS and software other than the existing equipment they told us we could use hasn’t necessarily been easy to re use. Also you are not able to get as granular in customizing some features as other softwares

Reasons for Switching to Square Point of Sale

Revel is expensive and requires a lot of upfront costs, contracts and heavy support

Flavia from Brazilian Munchies

Square is definitely the best POS ever

Overall my experience with Square is excellent. Is the best POS, the best customer service, the best rates, I never had any troubles. And I use ir more than 7 years already.

Pros

The software is easy to use, has a lot of functionalities, reports, low rates, referral program, it’s all good.

Cons

I don’t have any complaints. Square is the best POS I ever saw. Has everything a company needs and more.

Reasons for Choosing Square Point of Sale

Clover is more expensive and does the same Square does.

Zephyr from Coco Loco

Great features but not the most reliable

Square has amazing features and is easy to use. It's also great to take on the go. I would have given it 5 stars if it weren't for the issues with buffering and transactions not going through. Because of these issues, Square was too unreliable for me.

Pros

Square was really easy to set up and use. It has a lot of great features like analytics, sales reports, manual credit card entry, and more. It's also really easy to set up and edit your menu. The fees that Square takes on credit card payments are not high and are very reasonable. Square is also excellent for on-the-go sales and is very portable. It's easy to take to different venues and events.

Cons

I encountered a lot of problems with Square. I was mainly using it to sell goods at my local farmer's market. Often after swiping a customer's credit card Square would be stuck with the loading symbol and the transaction would never go through. There were many times I had to shut down the app and reopen and ask the customer to swipe again with another credit card. There have been times where the customer was charged twice and times where the customer was never charged at all! It was very disappointing encountering these setbacks while I have a limited time to sell at the farmer's market. There were also times where it appeared that the sale went through and then later after checking my sales reports I could see that several transactions were missing and I was never paid. I also tried Square on multiple devices but the problems persisted.

Reasons for Switching to Square Point of Sale

I was initially using Shopkeep but after several friends who also work in the food industry suggested Square I made the switch. The biggest motivating factor for the switch was the great reviews from friends and because I had experienced some minor issues with Shopkeep so I was open to trying other products.

Teria from Ravience

Great software

I do continue to use Square point of sale for my customers in-person as well as on my website. Overall, I do enjoy the software as it is very detailed and everything is done for you. You get invoices for each purchase.

Pros

I downloaded Square Point of Sale for my book signing. I loved it! It was easy to navigate for myself as well as my customers.

Cons

What I liked least is the percentage that it takes from the purchases. Also, it did appear with that first purchase, it required a few extra steps.

Reasons for Choosing Square Point of Sale

I chose Square for customers who wanted to use a credit/debit card. For customers that didn't have a card, they did prefer to use CashApp.

Mylinh from Tran-Quility Acupuncture

Industry: Alternative Medicine

Square POS app

This has been great with no problems! It allows me to bill anywhere and review my billing history. It gives me a breakdown of new clients and how many returning. One thing I would like to see change is the 1099 form. It only gives me one if I sell more than $20K in products a year. I would like to be less and more flexible for small business owners!

Pros

This is portable and accessible from anywhere. I also like that I can send invoices, schedule a time for it to send and set up reminders to the client!

Cons

On the initial setup, my profession was not setup up properly so I was not able to accept HSA or FSA credit cards. It was because there was no option for me as an alternative healthcare provider. Customer service helped me and my issue was fixed!!

Reasons for Choosing Square Point of Sale

I actually still have both but the Square app is more user friendly on my smartphone such as invoicing. I use square more for my business.

Shannon from Beauty By Vershel

Excellent POS Software

My overall experience with Square POS is amazing. I have recommended this app to so many people. I’ve known about this product since it’s beginning back when you could get a card reader for free on the mail. This app has always been a saving grace for me. Honestly I will never use any other POS.

Pros

This software is so EASY to use. Literally it’s a no brainer. I have used this app in conjunction with StylieOne which was an appointment scheduling app and it made collecting payments from my clients so simple. I love the sales and transaction reports that I have access to because it makes my life easier come tax time. Also this app sends you daily sales reports to your email. The equipment to use with the app is inexpensive.

Cons

There aren’t any cons to the service. Honestly it’s a great service all around. I can’t see how anyone would be disappointed.

Reasons for Switching to Square Point of Sale

PayPal Here is great but honestly doesn’t hold a candle to Square. Square allows you to connect it with other services or it can standalone. Customer service is even better and quicker at resolving issues. The layout is better as well.

Bill from White Squirrel Winery

Good Day, Bad Day

I’m a bit sad. For 6 years I have been using “Shopkeep” as my point of sale software provider. This is my cash register, and where I enter my inventory descriptions, quantities, prices, customer data and pretty much everything about my business. My sales histories, credit card transactions and, most importantly, 6 years of sales and customer info is stored on a distant Shopkeep cloud…. I think? Six years ago I recall sitting at my kitchen bar and doing endless Google searches and reading endless reviews about the many POS providers and finally narrowing it down to two or three. I absolutely wanted cloud-based with IPad terminals and a small footprint. After doing a few online demos, I chose Shopkeep. And now, six years later, this lukewarm POS marriage with counseling, a lot of arguments and the threat of separation… I started chatting with “Square”. Yep, Square is the biggest cloud-based, IPad POS provider in the country. I am not a sheep, and I hate going with the Walgreens or WalMart of POS systems, but after six years of Shopkeep, I think I finally know what I really want. And for fear of sounding too techie or like a spouse coming out of a bad relationship, I’ll just say, one of the many advantages of being a billion dollar company is you can hire the best developers and programmers money can buy. So, need I say more. It is a wonderful product and no one is even close as to how it operates.

Pros

It operates just like your mind works. It is so logical. It was so simple to upload my inventory and customer data.

Cons

No option for another color system. The white color sticks out like a sore thumb. Otherwise, I would say they nailed it.

Reasons for Choosing Square Point of Sale

Credit cards are processed by Square and that eliminated having to deal with a 3rd party. Take it from my experience, these 3rd party processors will try to sneak in fees and make changes on the fly. Square is totally upfront on their reports. No having to decipher.

Reasons for Switching to Square Point of Sale

Price kept going up, support was terrible and the reports I needed could only be generated after I exported data and designed my own reports.

Square is so convenient

Super easy to navigate and user-friendly. Customer service has also always been very helpful.

Pros

I love how portable and easy to use the hardware is. It makes all the difference being able to be mobile and also look professional.

Cons

I don't like that it doesn't integrate with Wix. It's less convenient when I have to toggle b/w Square and Stripe.

Reasons for Choosing Square Point of Sale

I like the portability and ease of use. It's competative in terms of pricing as well.

Rendell from Fit Mama

Easy to Use POS

I love how easy Square is to use and implement into a new business.

Pros

I love the mobility of it. I can use it from anywhere and also have the opportunity to send invoice right away.

Cons

I find that sometimes it’s hard to work if the internet connection isn’t good. I also don’t like the way you have to cancel a series of invoices. It’s a multi step process to cancel them correctly.

Reasons for Switching to Square Point of Sale

The ease of use and it’s easier to understand.

Navine from Brosily Bath and Body

Love Love Square

Overall, I prefer square any day over stripe and PayPal payments.

Pros

Love live square. Love that it can be used for both in store and online payments. It sync with my quickbooks which saves me a whole lot of time. It gives detail daily reports which includes best seller of the day, number of sales, number of products sold and what type of product sold, taxes paid, types of payment the customers used, plus it syncs with my online store inventory. Square gives you all the detail info you never realized you need till you need it all in one place. So easy to use and tailored for retailers. Love the Apple Pay feature too.

Cons

My big con with square integration is it doesn’t sync well with bigcommerce. By that I mean, my online sales gets imported as a custom order so there is no itemized list of what the customers bought. Also with bigcommerce, there is no way for me to take Apple Pay or other digital wallet payments. Square does have digital wallet payment options with their square space shopping cart. Fingers crossed they will fix this custom import stuff soon.

Reasons for Switching to Square Point of Sale

PayPal lack the detail reports I needed. Don’t like the navigation site and their payment app is too expensive and clunky compare to square. Plus their agreement and terms also have stuff that makes me wary of them.

Easiest and simplest way to start taking credit card payments for your office

Great. Simple and easy to use. People have said that their customer service is extremely hard to get hold of, but we have used it for 3 years and have had no reason to contact customer service.

Pros

Square POS was very easy to set up. The first card reader you receive (a simple plug in to an iPad or iPhone) was free. We created an account online, attached a bank account, and created a menu of items/services we provide. Then we simply chose photos for each service or product category so that it looks nicer in the app for our employees. The result was a very simple set up and a very clean looking POS. What's also nice is that Square POS is good at being able to refund patients if something was charged incorrectly. They also get receipts if they choose to via text message or email. Changing the prices and adding or deleting items on the service/products you sell is quite easy. You simply log in to the website and make changes. Also, you can turn in options such as giving customers a choice to tip or not. For being an office that used to take cash only, choosing Square POS was the way to go in entering the world of credit cards. We have no regrets and have no had problems. The correct amount of $$ we received (minus 2.75% of every transaction) gets deposited into our account every week. And we no longer have to hire a collections agency to go after those who don't have cash or mail in checks because they will simply pay through credit card now.

Cons

Square does take 2.75% of your transaction each time. You can find cheaper alternatives, but not with the ease of set up and use that comes with Square. The bigger con about Square POS is that if you have take a payment over the phone and manually type in their credit card information instead of typing it, they charge extra at 3.5% of the transaction. Also, the first card reader they send you is a simple swiper, but we found that it didn't always work well. Most cards these days have chips, and if you want a good and safer reading you'll want to purchase the Chip reader at $49. We don't regret the purchase though. Lastly, if you are a restaurant and choose to include the option to allow customers to tip, know that square takes 2.75% of your ENTIRE transaction (including the tip your customers add).

Hannah from Gap Inc.

Great for anyone wanting to start a business.

It's hard for me to find anything wrong with Square. We have never really been tempted by the competition, and I doubt we will be anytime soon. Perhaps if you are running a store with more products or customers you may benefit from a different system, but I would suggest Square to anyone starting out. You can get set up today, and your customers already know how to use it.

Pros

I was working as a barista in a new coffee location in my local town. The owner of the shop was pretty new to the industry, and didn't have a lot of business experience. She needed a way to run cards, and she was looking at a few different solutions, but I mentioned Square, and she ran to CVS and bought one right away. She wasn't very tech savvy, so I volunteered to get it set up. It probably took me less than an hour. The interface is a breeze to use, customers get it right away when they need to sign for charges or enter phone numbers. There were days that I was the only person on staff, using Square and running between the milk steamer and the register was a breeze. One feature we used often was using a cell phone to take orders while people waited in their cars. This allowed us to reduce the lines in our shop, and keep the morning rush moving. The flat rate pricing makes things extremely easy as well. As someone that is not an accountant, this made my life a lot easier.

Cons

Some of the reporting features can be confusing to read, and more than once have resulted in us blindly refunding customers. Sometimes the card readers gave us problems, but this was usually solved with a quick reset.

Joseph from Overboard Ministries

Industry: Publishing

Own a business? You NEED this product!

If you're a business owner and you sell products or services, especially if you have multiple sites and/or have a mobile sales force, this product is a must. The access is easy, the interface is friendly, and the payment system is quick.

Pros

EASY to set up and use! In short time, we were able to set up our entire library online and make it simple to purchase and sell products. Once set up, everything is available to every member of team, so that one of our book sellers in California has access to the same products as a book seller in Michigan the moment the product is placed online. I also love that we can easily create multiple price points for products and can easily access them from the apps on various mobile devices, desktops etc... The percentages paid to Square are as small as any other you will find, and they deposit funds into your bank account within 24-hours, with same-day options available for an extra, nominal fee. The no hassle, ease-of-deposit, process is a MUST for our small business. Customer service has been off the charts good, and every small issue has been resolved quickly. I also love that so many web sites integrate with Square so that we can maintain one payment portal for 99% of what we do. The technology (swipe devices, Point of Sale stands, card tappers/reader...work flawlessly with each and every device we've thrown at them (iPhones, iPads, Android, laptop...) and they look good, too.

Cons

Honestly, there is little to NOT like about this system. I've tried several others and since switching to Square 5 years ago, I've never looked back.

Kristine from Isle Royale & Keweenaw Parks Association

Industry: Museums and Institutions

After research, seemed like best choice on a small nonprofit's limited budget.

Our previous credit card processor charged us PCI compliance fee but didn't help us with our compliance issues. They were happy to charge an additional price. PCI noncompliance fee for more than a year. Switching our four physical locations and website to Square resolved those issues and saved those fees. Square Retail would no doubt help us more with inventory management, but we can't afford the extra monthly cost for the multiple locations. Software Advice and other review sites were very helpful in sorting through the hundreds of options and convincing our board that we could afford to make the switch to Square to help staff reduce time spent to manage both sales and inventory.

Pros

Fairly intuitive and forgiving (can back out of most screens if not sure where to find function you're looking for). Sales and national park visitor center staff really like the system, and have had little difficulty learning it. We have it set up with wi-fi on AT&T U-Verse and satellite internet and on a Verizon wireless-enabled iPad. Offline mode has worked during power interruptions and automatically uploaded sales when back online. Customer support has generally been top notch. Support Center has good information and comments from the Square community, though it can be a challenge to find the answer without fairly extensive searching. The Square stands, compatible printers, and cash drawers were easy to hook up and work well together. Straightforward pricing. Ability to accept multiple forms of payment with the Square chip reader and Virtual Terminal.

Cons

Would be extremely helpful to have searchable, downloadable start-up and user guides instead of having to cut and paste from web pages, which doesn't work well. We had to make a lot of phone calls to tech support during initial set-up, particularly for uploading inventory, because we couldn't find instructions online. Very time-consuming and tricky to upload inventory spreadsheet files that include multiple locations. After all the effort to upload, it appears that each item still has to have inventory tracking enabled manually. We assumed that's why we were entering all the inventory numbers into the spreadsheet. Moving inventory from one location to another also must be done manually. With desktop version of QuickBooks for Mac, Square's daily subtraction of fees for each location's sales vs. all fees charged once monthly by our previous processor has more than quadrupled the time needed to enter sales reports. Switching to cloud version of QuickBooks may help, as transactions can supposedly be downloaded to it. Had to purchase a third-party module to integrate our website's Magento Community ecommerce software with Square, but integration is very incomplete (total charge only is transferred to Square, not items sold, merchandise subtotal, member discount, or shipping charges). We accidentally entered some Virtual Terminal transactions with the wrong location selected and couldn't transfer them to the correct location. Tech support verified that the only option would have been to refund each transaction from the incorrect location and reenter them in the correct one. We bought a recommended scanner but found that we would have to manually replace our existing PLUs with very long barcode numbers for each item to use it.

December 2015

Theresa from Kamikaze Karate Martial Arts & MMA Supply

Industry: Sporting Goods

December 2015

Square delivers plenty of features at low cost

Pros

I have run a brick-and-mortar for more than 19 years, and got rid of my traditional merchant account about 5 years ago when fees became outrageous and unstable, and I also needed a mobile payment system as my bank did not offer one. I did some research and settled on Square. The product is intuitive and easy to navigate, and the cost for processing credit cards is reasonable at 2.75% for swiped and 3.5% for manually entered. But that's just the beginning of what they offer: in 2013, the Square Market was an incredible add-on benefit provided for free! If you've needed e-commerce for your business, you know that this service can be costly, so for Square to provide it for merely the cost of each transaction processed is amazing. There are many features to the Market, such as the ability to embed items you are selling into your website, share on social media, etc. While the features aren't customizable to a great extent, it is still a very powerful platform for POS. I particularly appreciate the many reports that can be generated, receipts with custom messages you can send to clients who have shopped online, ability to send invoices, etc. They've added gift cards, which is a nice feature, and they have many third party vendor apps that interface with Square for inventory and financial processes for your business. New features are constantly being added, such as their Customer Engagement to create customer lists and do direct marketing to that list right from Square. This product is a powerful addition to your website and other marketing you may already be doing. I have recommended this product to many small business owners and non-profits, and have been a very happy user since late 2010.

Cons

I have found very little to dislike. I have seen comments online about deposits being held, a lack of ability to communicate easily with Square (initially, they had no phone customer service, but I always got very quick response from their techs via Twitter in the early days), and difficulty in raising deposit limits. I run two small businesses using Square, and for one of them had to ask for a large increase in daily deposits as my business grew. This was handled easily via email communications and took only a few days.

Christy from Java Salon, LLC

Square Point of Sale for Gift Card Sales

Over all, having the ability to sell E-gift cards from my existing website without a monthly fee was a huge game changer for my salon company! We went from selling $200-$300 per year in online gift card sales to well over $2000 the first holiday season my company offered E-gift cards. I believe the increase was due to the great look of the gift card choices, the Square name that everyone knows and how easily I could added the service to my company website.

Pros

I love how easy and fast it was to set up and link into my website. Square gave me the exact dimensions my photo(s) needed to be for the custom branded E-cards for the Square point of sale. In addition, my main reason for choosing Square Point of Sale for my online gift card sales was that there is no monthly fee to offer the E-cards, my company only pay for processing sales.

Cons

Square Point of Sale continues to improve the software for the E- gift cards, however I wish the system would notify me, the owner, when a customer has purchased a gift card. Customers would bring in their digital gift cards for services and since Square Point of Sale did not integrated into our booking software & our company did not realize the card had been purchased staff would have to search to find the purchased card. I wish the gift card sales and the reporting of the gift card sales was more streamlined.

Reasons for Switching to Square Point of Sale

Envision charged a monthly fee for online gift card sales plus the processing fees. The E cards did not look as professional as the cards offered by Square Point of Sale. The customer experience was lessened with Envision because customers constantly had trouble with the online checkout. Square is simple for both the store owner and the customer and it's a brand we both know and trust.

Kristine from Isle Royale & Keweenaw Parks Association

Not perfect, but a big improvement!

Pros

Sales staff really like it compared to cash register and credit card terminal (or old-fashioned knuckle-buster imprinter for our remote locations). Predictable fees, which have been lower than for our previous traditional credit card processors, especially for in-person purchases and for American Express. No monthly fees or PCI compliance issues. Square Community is a helpful resource. Dashboard with a variety of reports works pretty well, and it's handy to be able to generate sales reports or search for individual transactions quickly.

Cons

Lack of good integration with Magento Community web software (only bottom line charge comes through). No ability to easily transfer inventory from one location to another. Problem with cash total on drawer report not matching sales report. Usually cash drawer is correct, which means sales are not recorded properly. This problem has existed since at least August 2016, while their engineers work on it. This lowest cost version of Square probably gets less attention than their monthly subscription products. Daily subtraction of processing fees creates a lot more work in QuickBooks than traditional credit card processors charging fees monthly. Customer support has been hit or miss. We've been misled a couple times. After uploading a file with inventory quantities for each product at each location, which took a lot of time to create, we discovered that inventory didn't start counting down with each sale unless we activated that feature on each product individually. That makes no sense. Searching for sales of individual items can be quite slow because it starts loading ALL items before giving a chance to choose.

Aurora from Canadian Academy of Health & Wellness

Great as a user and business owner

Would definitely recommend to anyone looking for an easy to use and up to date transaction platform.

Pros

My first experience with Square Point of Sale was a couple years back as a Receptionist in a Fitness Facility. On a daily basis, we used Square Point of Sale whether it was to buy merchandise, memberships, snacks or sign up for special workshops. What I particularly loved most about Square Point of Sale was its easiness to use and software platform. We could receive payments from the company cellphone, iPad or computer depending what was available at the time. The platform was consistent on all three devices and just as easy to use on all of them as well. In later years, as I opened my own Health and Wellness business, I went straight to Square Point of Sale as my main way of receiving payments. It has been an excellent tool and is always up to date. What I also like the most is how quick it is and easy to receive payments and it accepts most credit cards.

Cons

Square Point of Sale is excellent for receiving payments and I don't have any negative experience with the platform. The only thing I wish would be that the analytics and reports that I receive for all payments and invoices would be easier to read. I have a bit of trouble understanding them. Other than that, overall great platform.

Michael from JustJak’s Pet Market

Love Square POs

Pros

The POS system is simple and easy to use hands down. The use of our POS integrated with online, loyalty program, marketing, and payroll is a one stop shop integrated and makes life simple and streamlined!

Cons

We paid the original higher cost for the register when it first came out. The price just dropped $200 this week. Our rate remains lower so it will pay for the difference over time since grandfathered in....not much we don’t Ice about this wonderful easy, all in one system!

Reasons for Choosing Square Point of Sale

Had everything we needed and the cost was great.

Reasons for Switching to Square Point of Sale

Processing cost, ease of use and integration with payroll, invoices, Loyalty, marketing, etc.

A cheap, easy, & convenient CC processing alternative.

We take all of our credit/debit card payments through Square, as well as Apple Pay, Android Pay & Samsung Pay. The ability for a customer to pay, sign, and get a receipt e-mailed to their phone while they are still standing in front of me brings a nice sense of trust and completion to each sale.

Pros

It is free to set up and implement initially. Square will even send free card processors (they're the cheap ones that let you take a card payment from your phone/tablet, but it will let you start swiping cards immediately). They help keep track of your sales/accounting for non-card payments, too, as long as you enter in the sales data for them. Additionally, the ability to edit & customize withdrawal options is very helpful. I can get funds deposited on a schedule or whenever I choose to (even instantly, although this incurs an additional 1% fee). It is much cheaper and more convenient than a standard CC payment processor, so anyone with a small or mobile business would be wise to check this out.

Cons

The customer service is a bit lacking. I've never had a real issue with them that didn't resolve itself pretty quickly, but there's been one or two times where I have an issue and get what appears to be an automated response about it. Not a big deal, but when you Google it, on the Square help forums, this kind of response seems to be the norm for most questions/concerns. Fortunately, their system is pretty self-explanatory, that additional personalized help isn't usually needed.

Gracie from Wild West Weed and Seed

Great POS System for new companies.

Square has done wonders for our small business, it has almost everything you would need for a new business but there is somethings I didn't quite like. The system is great but there are some issues. To actually have track your inventory and have it sync up with Quickbooks required us to purchase Quickbooks online to be able to track our inventory and sync our daily sales. It was a little of a hassle but when it all comes down to it this register is great! I just wish it was designed more for a retail store or have that option when ordering the register. I haven't had any other complaints, it works well, user friendly, add as many products/items as you would need. Easy to use checkout for people without a good grasp of technology and how it works. I would honestly say this is a great POS system, very efficient and reliable! Plus you can download the app on your phone and accept payments where ever you are! That is the other great perk of this register!

Pros

Efficient, reliable, on the go app, easy to use, great for any store, easy to track your sales, keep costumer information that are repeats and order frequently, design and layout is simple and very easy on the eyes, it has two versions to layout your items, either a grid or a list so it is a personal preference of which you like to use, deposits your money that night.

Cons

Can't sync with Quickbooks unless you have Quickbooks Online, sometimes takes a while to start up and get going, the card swipe is very picky you HAVE to swipe it straight through or it doesn't accept the card (something that should be resolved soon I hope!) I just wish it wasn't only able to be used on Apple too. I am not a huge fan of Apple products. I would prefer to use a Samsung or Andriod tablet rather then a Ipad, but that is just a personal preference.

Melody from Food & Beverages

Excellent as a cash register for small businesses

At the ice cream parlor I work at, the register is programmed with all of the items we sell. You can program buttons to create discounts either by a percentage of the sale or with a flat dollar amount. This program tracks sales by day and by product sold. We have used this for probably 2 years now and it allows us to track sales from the years past to see what the trends are. For example, how busy were we last Mother's Day or when to our sales start dropping as we head into/winter fall. This allows us to make informed decisions on how much staffing we need and what hours to keep our business open for. We can also see how well certain items are selling. So when we introduce new items it allows us to see if they are selling well and gives us insight as to how we need to market for our business. This replaced a simple cash register that we used to have, but it is so much more than a cash register with all of the information you can track and use to make decisions for your business.

Pros

This is an easily programmable software that can be used to create a point of sale register. I work at a coffee/ice cream parlor and we use the software for our register, and it stores our sales information and has been very helpful in marketing and determining what products have been selling well or poorly

Cons

I don't know if there's anything I don't like about this program. It's user friendly and I haven't really found any limitations or holdbacks to our business because of this

Amanda Josalene from Belk

In combination with an online shop, Square has more pros than competitors

As stated above, Square has had numerous pros for me when it comes to my apparel business.

Pros

I love Square and have been a loyal user of Square POS & Square payments. For starters, Square is what helped pave the path for me to be able to launch my clothing / apparel business outside of Etsy. I wanted to launch my own site, have independence away from online marketplaces, and have control over my payments, sales, invoices, etc., and Square is what gave me this opportunity. I am able to do everything within the app, whether it is in-person sales or online. Online, I was able to connect Square with their website service (Weebly), which mean my payments & sales go directly to my Square account. These are the main pros for me with using Square: -Good processing fees -Free Square reader was provided to me (plugs into my iPhone and uses Bluetooth) for in-person sales; allows me to work pop-up shop shows -Instant transfers to my bank; this was SUPER critical to me since I work in a made-to-order apparel business. I need to have funds instantly for fabric purchases, supplies, shipping supplies, etc. -Quick invoicing -Ability to organize customer info and customer data -Ability to order gift cards for my shop directly through Square

Cons

I have no cons; Square has been my go-to payment processing software and I will not switch in the future.

Sean from Faith Lutheran Church

Square is the best solution for being able to accept credit/debit cards for small businesses

Like I said, it was rocky to start with because smartphones and that kind of tech were not openly out in everyday life. but once that changed, acceptance of Square did as well. Wonderful product!

Pros

- It's easy to use. - I have never had a situation where something had to be refunded. - I've never heard of a complaint from someone who's card was used for a transaction. - super affordable! - Intuitive

Cons

when Square first came out, people were cautious and skeptical. I maybe only performed several transactions in the first couple years. then I stopped using it entirely for a bit, not because of square, but because the public in our area was just not up to date with "modern technologies" lol. Now in the age of technology where everyone has a smart phone people are more than willing to pay somewhere that uses Square.

Reasons for Choosing Square Point of Sale

with square. being able to just swipe a credit/debit card like at a store is so much more convenient than having to set up an account with PayPal, then send a request for funds, and have the person use their smart device to go on and pay that request. with Square, you just swipe and sign!

There's room for improvement, but it's currently THE Point of Sale

Overall, as an independent artist, I'd recommend Square in a blink to anyone in that position. Free reader, easy to use, mobile...It's perfect. For small businesses, I'd also suggest Square - I've worked with the alternative, Clover, and it's so very slow and not as user friendly - but I think Square needs to continue evolving to keep up with those demands. And I'm sure they will given they've already created the flippable platform.

Pros

Square is simple to use and that's what makes it so popular. The card readers are simple, organizing your inventory is simple. It works really well for me as an independent artist at art fairs and such. I've never run into any trouble using it in that context. The new flip screen platform is also super wonderful for retail stores and cafes as it takes the pressure off of the employee and the awkwardness of asking for tips etc... disappates. It also seems to run smoother by virtue of the platform not running other apps. Definitely love that Square is expanding their market to meet the needs of larger companies.

Cons

It gets overloaded and laggy pretty quickly when used in a more dense environment. When I've used Square at small businesses as a sales employee, I've experienced lag between pressing on an item and having it go to the item menu or add to the cart. Also, the free square readers that go into your audio jack are awfully temperamental with continued use and you either have to keep re-ordering them, or just buckle down and buy a reader. The only time the latter hasn't worked was when I had to be mobile while taking orders. An ISBN scanner would also be super cool integration and would allow Square to be used in more places.

Jennifer from Self employed

Perfect for Small Businesses

Since using Square for my small business, I have felt more professional and organized. I was using PayPal before this, and I just felt like my customers deserved better. Square gave me options that I did not have with PayPal and made my transaction process smooth and seamless.

Pros

I love that Square is so easy to use and set up. I run a small company where I sell customized products. Square is perfect because for my company because of the low fees, quick set-up and free initial square reader. In addition, the inventory control option is just so amazing and simple. I can add and control inventory (even add photos) from the app with ease. I can also create and edit prices while creating customer inventories. Square helps my small business feel professional.

Cons

There is nothing I do not like about Square. It is the most professional off all inexpensive point of sales and is perfect for a small business.

Reasons for Switching to Square Point of Sale

I made the switch because I wanted something that offered a better experience and that felt more professional for my small business.

Judtih from BeyondBooking

Great for accepting payments in person and online

The ability to accept payments in person without a long and intimidating application process is revolutionary and has helped us accept payments in person and also remotely when needed.

Pros

Square was our first payment processor after Paypal once this industry started innovating. At the time there was no API so it wasn't a complete solution but now they've caught up. The convenient device to accept payments at in person and the ability to key in payments through the app are still a USP of Square.

Cons

Square was a bit slow to get their API and start to integrate with 3rd parties so a lot of our online traffic shifted elsewhere. How ever this isn't a negative about the software as now they have a ton of great features. Nothing bad to say except integration with more online sites and invoicing software would be welcomed.

Reasons for Choosing Square Point of Sale

Fast to setup, no long intrusive application process.

Reasons for Switching to Square Point of Sale

Keying in payments manually with the mobile app.

Katrina from Advantage Sales & Marketing

Can now accept payments in person, as well as, online

Square helps businesses grow and track sales through their app. With reader, you can accept payments on the go so you'll never miss a sale. I bump into potential customers in grocery stores, paying my cable bill or while at the doctor's office etc.

Pros

I have used Square for 3 years. I found them while searching for web site builders. I was happy when I located them and read through their policy. Aside from setting up and designing my site, Square provided me with a reader. I plug it into my phone and swipe credit cards. The payments are in my account within two days minus a small fee for using Square's pos reader. I use it along with the app, you can also enter credit/debit cards manually and have the customer sign the screen. I email the customers their receipt. If a customer pays in cash, I can still take the payment and enter cash instead of paying by card. I still send them a receipt. I can set up gift cards and discounts to items online but I choose not to. I keep my items priced low enough to avoid these incentives.

Cons

They provided me a free reader, decals to stick on my register and window. I have no issues with this company. They are great.

A great product for a small retail business

I log into Square every day to check the sales of our coffee shop, as I don't work there day to do, but lead the management team. I use the various reporting tools weekly as well, to track how we are doing compared the previous weeks and years.

Pros

The software has a very low buy in cost and if you aren't processing payment through them it is free. But in the end the best way to use it is to process credit card directly through your Square POS. It was so easy for our staff, but no real POS experience, to figure out how to setup our coffee shop using square. The way you are able to build in all the variables that make up what you charge the customer took the guess work out of things for our person running the POS. In the end, it meant errors in charging the customer were eliminated. We also love that the customer can reply back directly to us via their email or text receipt. Giving us feedback and allowing us to refund them if they had a negative experience.

Cons

The rewards program has changed a couple times and it was a little confusing for the customers how to use it in the past. though a recent update fixed a lot of that for us.

James from Sticky Fingers Ice Creams & Delectables

Industry: Restaurants

Amazing Analytics and Simple UI make this an Easy Choice for Small Business Owners

I inherited this software and POS software and hardware from the previous owner of my current business. Within a week I was a whizz at it. I love the reporting functions of the software above all but can also see it is customizable on the fly. Whereas many software packages are prescriptive to the business owner ("your new software can do xyz") I have found Square flexible and amenable to my needs as the business owner ("I the business owner can make the software do xyz just in the way I want it the process to be completed"). Huge difference!

Pros

I LOVE the ability to see previous sales trends and analyse current inventory consumption. If you are an idiot, you could make this software functionable and powerful in minutes. At the end of each day, the software sends you a report going over the day's sales and does so on an hour by hour basis. I have found Square POS to be a mighty assistant and even a powerful collaborator in growing my business, and couldn't run my burgeoning ice cream parlor without it.

Cons

I have had some problems with the use of electronic gift cards (obtainable through third party sellers) and the customer support has been a bit less-than-optimal. We discontinued use of the freshly purchased giftcards (price: $50) and instead substituted an old-fashioned but charming home-printer generated gift card system instead.

Celeste from The First Tee

Highly recommended!

I love Square! We've used it for years and will continue to use it at our events.

Pros

Square is easy to use and very reliable. I love that I can send out user codes to volunteers at our fundraising events and not worry about sharing a main login in order to have multiple people collecting money for our organization. We use Square at all of our fundraising events and it is very reliable. It is also very easy to train a new person on how to use the Square app and reader, which is very important at events when I have volunteers who've never used Square before. The dashboard is easy to navigate and the reports are easy to read. Square's fees are very reasonable and they are very good about providing Square reader devices for point of sale transaction.

Cons

The standard Square readers don't work with the latest Apple iPhones that lack the phone jack. This can be challenging so it's good to check with volunteers before an event to get an idea of what type of phone they have. For large events or occasions when lots of transactions happen in a short time frame it can get hard to see who paid for an item or to match up transactions to items sold. If you do need to track who bought an item or if a transaction was for multiple items (like a person who won several items in a silent auction) then make sure to add notes and have documentation for your staff volunteers on how to add notes while running transaction, otherwise this because hard to sort out afterwards.

Summer from Ultimate Gymnastics

Get your moneys worth with Square

Pros

I like that it is portable; you don't need to connect it to a computer to run. I like that you can add items to keep track of what you sell. I like that the processing fees are lower than other POS systems.

Cons

I wish it didn't have to rely on wifi to process payments and could work on LTE when away from the desk. Even with the offline capabilities, you don't know if the payments when through correctly until you re-connect to wifi for them to process. I wish it could connect to the software program we use to accept payments via the web.

Reasons for Choosing Square Point of Sale

The processing rate was lower.

Guthrie from Cycle Portland

Great, but getting less so

We've been with Square since about 2011, and have seen a lot of changes take place over that time. Square is still easily one of the best solutions out there for small businesses that want to pay when they profit, instead of draining out to a merchant account or such, however recently it's also seen a trend towards "Form over Function" which is a bit troubling considering that it's sole focus should be ease of use by businesses for the purpose of minimizing overhead and increasing revenue.

Pros

Free app, pay when you make a sale, reliability is decent, don't have to purchase your own hardware. Still a strong contender despite it's more recent frustrations.

Cons

Square has reached a point of maturation in which it's starting to feel like they are inventing new "features" for the sake of doing so (or for the sake of justifying growth to investors), instead of focusing on issues that are most commonly stated in community forums, and requested daily to devs. which would actually help lead to increased market share. Square would rather overhaul the look of your dashboard to make it look pretty than say for instance create a method in which UPC/EAN's could be stored alongside SKU's for easy internal, and external interfacing of inventory from suppliers. Square removed the ability to sort by "low" and "out of stock" on the backend without having email notifications enabled, resulting in thousands of needless emails yearly (which we have to filter out) where we used to be able to login, click "sort by" and see a list of what was close to, or out of stock for re-order. Square changed it's item creation page to require not one, but two additional clicks, and increased scrolling to edit even trivial item options. This used to be able to be done in one click, and all fields visible. Also, the "Delete" button is now directly beside the "Save" button, make sure you don't click it by mistake. Had engineers followed up (as promised) to any of the three phone calls made about these issues I would not be as harsh, but as they haven't, here you go.

Rick from 2nd Street Management

New SQUARE Dedicated POS system is great -- Just needs expansion modules

I can look at reporting from my house, most other POS systems don't allow for that. I can also add to and take from my inventory and item list, I don't have to be tied to my facility to make it work.

Pros

It's simple to setup, simple to use and most importantly -- simple to train. It's so intuitive that the staff took to it in less than 5 minutes of training. Also, because their dedicated POS system "Square Register" is purpose built, we are able to use iphones and ipads to do tableside ordering which makes the workflow and throughput of the bar stools that much faster.

Cons

The reporting is not granular enough with time. You have to find out the hard way, when you want reporting from 9am on Monday through 2am on Tuesday, you have to run two separate reports. And to top it off, you have to learn the hard way that when you select an hour, it will show you everything through XX:59:59 of that hour, if you select the next hour, you're adding that hour's data to your report. They should offer software updates to improve reporting and maybe consider add-ons that are industry specific.

Leah from Leah Davies Art

Easy and helpful

Pros

I use Square to accept all credit card payments when I'm at events. I took the time beforehand to enter all the different local state taxes and enter all of the items I sell. I especially like that I can list items for sale and not attach a price so if I need to change prices on the fly, I can just key in the new or updated price at the event.

Cons

The only thing I could complain about is the option to export or print out an invoice for each individual transaction. For tax purposes (and for my own records), I like to have a copy of each sale in print or pdf form that includes the customer name and what specifically I sold them. I sell big-ticketed items, so it's important for me to keep track of everything. When I contacted customer service, they were kind enough, but their solution was to take a screenshot of the info I was looking for. That's fine and all, but not really what I was looking for. When I'm at an event making a sale, I need to know more info than just the fact that someone bought something from me... anyway. Just a suggestion.

Reasons for Switching to Square Point of Sale

At the time, Square seemed more robust and reliable than PayPal's card reader. If I remember correctly, PayPal's reader was working properly on more than one occasion.

Catherine from Oglesbee Wallace Photography

Industry: Photography

Bad service good product

I love it for everything, even non business activity when my mom is trying to send money for my kids sports. I just manually enter her card, transfer to my account and go get their sports stuff but it really helps the business alot. I think the actual cash register conputers are nice as well as the headphone jack swipe style. Uniquely created for all. The business is growing with all the offered payment options

Pros

I love how easy it is to use. Very easy to put products into the pos. And I love being able to get the square reader when opening an account. Being able to enter cards manually is great too! Invoicing is easy for others to able to pay online. Its a very well rounded system.

Cons

Even though I like the security features square uses, they are also the downfall. Sometimes they put holds on your account when there isnt any suspicious activity and then you have to call and verify and make a big run around mess to finally get your money. It's a pain with customer service but the security is nice so I don't mind too much. Could make that a little easier to deal with though

Reasons for Choosing Square Point of Sale

I think it was more recognized by others and the ease of use and style was better. They offer better systems and fit my needs with transfering money more than the others.

Christopher from Christopher Hemsworth Art and Design

A total game changer for artists

Square POS enabled me to start taking credit card and debit payments for my work at public events, which revolutionized my business!

Pros

In the days before Square, if you were selling your wares at a craft show or art show or some sort of public event, you were limited to cash. Cash only. Square POS was and is a total game changer for those markets. Being an artist who sells his work at a lot of different shows and events, having the ability to accept credit payments (originally) and (more recently) debit transactions has not only lead to significantly more sales but also lead to more satisfied customers! Additionally, it integrates beautifully with Ecwid, to facilitate online credit payments for my website store front.

Cons

This isn't really a con of the Square reader or POS itself, but just a general point that you need to have a good solid wifi or cellular connection. Personally, I have never had an issue but always relying on my cellular connection instead of the available wifi at an event.

Connie from Durham Convention & Visitors Bureau

Nothing easier!

Pros

Wow -- we went from an expensive merchant credit account with expensive fees above and beyond transaction fees. The device/software was very inexpensive to move to. Moving to Square reduced costs significantly and transaction fees were well in line with the "discount" rates we were getting before -- without all the other fees. Because we're not handling credit card data in house, it also reduced our needs for managing compliance. It's easy to mobilize staff, the interface is simple, and the account can also be pulled up on a computer other device with a browser.

Cons

We had to purchase a new Square reader device when credit card technology evolved to chip, but I don't know that Square could have really done anything about building a device to handle the physical aspect of the technology change at the time they created the initial hardware. It wasn't a significant cost to upgrade the obsolete device to a chip version. It had no impact on the application.

Barry from BBDS

Easy, convenient, and incredible!

Square has been a great experience to use and I will continue to use it for years to come. The ability to send text confirmations to customers and an email to the client simultaneously has increased my business tenfold! Easy to use and easy to access features make running business simple and easy for not only myself but my workers as well. It is HIPAA compliant and works great for any and all business models. Put simply this is a solid 10/10 software!

Pros

Square POS has been the most helpful feature for my small business. I have used Square on a daily basis for about a year and am still blown away by the features. Square links easily with any type of smartphone and the easy to use website makes handling the day to day business routine a breeze. Features include an appointment calendar, online booking, sales tracking, item tracking, payments, and much more!

Cons

The only downside I personally have experienced with this software is that Square does not do tiered pricing. For my business, I have a tiered cost for service (I.E. Tier 1 equals $, Tier 2 equals $$, Tier 3 equals $$$). This makes it difficult for online booking services and scheduling appointments. Luckily, you can put in discounted rates to help make the price accurate which is easy to setup but can effect your end of year outlook if you use Square alone to follow your income.

Heidi from Restorative Bodywork, LLC

User Friendly!

Overall, I really enjoy using Square. It has been my payment processor from the beginning when I was a sole proprietor and I still use it as a small business owner with employees.

Pros

Square Point of Sale makes taking my business on the go super easy. I use it when I go to events as well as in the office. The best part is when I am at events that do not have WiFi I don't need to stress because Square offers an offline mode which allows me to take payment without internet access. The payments simply get processed as soon as I hook up to the internet.

Cons

If I could change anything about Square it would be to integrate several of their services for one price. Currently there is a cost for employee tracking as we as for scheduling and other services. As a business owner I like to keep things as simple as possible so it would be nice to have a package deal where I could choose all the services I want to use and have it available for one low cost.

Natosha from TTR

Excellent for small businesses

I feel that this program really has provided my company with a resource that is necessary for running a small business. I love the UI design and that it's fast to learn right from the beginning. It didn't require any downtime to get to know it better. Additionally, my customers love how fast and easy it is to use and I feel it has been a big help for my company in the long run.

Pros

I am very happy with the easy to use app and features. The software really provides plenty of functions to keep tabs on those who shopped with me before and even allow me to keep an eye on what is running low in my inventory. There is a good spreadsheet created and I feel that it's reduced the time to keep things organized and faster to search for a specific item or customer when needed. I also really like that I don't need to train anyone to use this program or even myself. It's very simple to learn and makes my business run so much easier.

Cons

Sometimes the connection can be lost, making it a bit slower to get things done fast, but this is normal with most programs I've used. However, when this connection lost happens, it can cause a line to build up while waiting for everything to process. I don't have much more to say about the program and features, it's been pretty good other than the connection issue.

Cory from Behavioral Health Workforce Research Center

Industry: Research

No Better Tool for Small Businesses or Artists

Pros

When I worked on commission as an artist, mostly scraping by a living by selling my wares at conventions or craft shows, Square was the single best companion I had. Not only was I cleared to take every type of credit card imaginable, which was amazing, but the customizability of the POS interface was stellar. I could prompt my customers to tip. I could quickly and easily change prices on my inventory, add buttons or lists of inventory, and re-organize my UI at the drop of a hat. I didn't even bother reading the instructions; I figured all this out on my own, through experimentation. Square POS makes the best use of a tablet's inherent intuitive design. Can you tap a screen? You can use Square. Besides using it for my own side business, I've also worked for several small businesses (<30 employees) who used Square POS. Restaurants, convenience stores, tattoo studies, ice cream parlors - if you're selling something, Square POS can make your life simpler.

Cons

If I had to pick something I didn't like - and this is a stretch for me to do - it would be that the price for the dock and software can be steep for someone just getting started as an artist. But seeing as you get far more value than what you pay, I can barely call that a "con". This is a very safe investment.

Colton from Ontario Board Shack LLC

Industry: Recreational Facilities and Services

Great choice for rental business

We are a water sports rental company and we use Square for our on site rental locations. Some of our locations are completely offline with no cell or internet service. Square has an offline mode that allows us to accept credit cards offline and charges once the device has service again. Obviously, you have to take a few precautions accepting cards offline but this feature is a must for us. Square has a fairly high card fee but the software is free and the readers are inexpensive. The system and reports makes it easy fro us to add customer profiles and get the info we need. The best part is you can simply switch from one device to the other and have multiple locations no problem and for no additional cost.

Pros

Easy to set up, it has basically every feature a POS software needs but makes it a little more simple. It's really easy go mobile and great as a back up for larger retail POS software in case a system is down. The Square POS is free to download. The card readers are inexpensive and look nice and again are easily transported and can switch from different devices. Inventory tracking and simple shortcut displays for quick check outs. Offline mode is a great feature.

Cons

The credit card fees are not the cheapest out there. Some of the UI could be better organized like adding a new customer. I think being able to connect card readers to a laptop would be convent as well as an app for laptops.

Maria from Pamba Toto

Love not dealing with credit card companies, but they should make the chip reader free

Having tried Quick Books for many years (which was too complicated for some in my business), Square is a breeze to use. It's immensely convenient for a small business, and has options for storing sale information when we don't have internet access, such is helpful to not burn through data.

Pros

Square is immensely easy to use and is very convenient. Having worked retail for many years and dealing with credit card companies and contracts and different fees and charge rates, it's very convenient having one flat fee all around which also covers the use of the square (-even though some of the credit card companies charged less, it's a convenience factor) . I also loved that the original card swiper was free, but they then charged for the card reader with the transition to chip cards (don't like that). I also like the option for tracking inventory and sales in the newer versions

Cons

I don't like that they now charge for a chip card reader.

Julia from Accent Studio Music Academy

Great product

Excellent. I highly recommend this software especially for people who do regular monthly invoicing.

Pros

I have used this product for years and love it! All the different things you can do with this are amazing!

Cons

The only thing I haven’t liked it that if you want one of their small business loans through the app you just have to wait for them to offer you one. You can’t request one.

Reasons for Switching to Square Point of Sale

Square has cheaper processing rates

Hannah from Stonybrook Therapeutic Massage

Square is okay

It’s okay and easy to use. They charge too much however and I’m at starting to use other softwares.

Pros

I use it everyday for business purposes. It’s easy to use and I like being able to customize items to sell.

Cons

Square had a decent processing fee until this past month where they have charged much more for each individual transaction. Not too happy about it and I’m starting to use other apps to replace Square.

Sandra from Medical Hospital

Great, simple and easy to use P.O.S. for many types of businesses

Overall, I used the Square POS for a limited time but during that time I liked the simplicity of its interface and its clean look.

Pros

I used the Square POS system along with the Square contactless and chip reader. What I liked about this product is its simplistic yet clean look and fits well in my business - did not take up too much space. I also liked how easy it was to learn the actual POS system. It was not complicated and very straight forward and I was able to quickly get it setup for my needs. The learning curve is very simple and everyone at the company was able to pick it up with minimal experience. I liked the clean look of the interface itself and it is very organized.

Cons

A few problems that did stick out was the fact that sometimes the reader itself would need multiple tries in order to read a card correctly. It is not of the sturdiest material and that may have contributed to not working properly at times. Also, the merchant service fee per swipe is a bit on the pricey side at 2.75% per in person transaction (higher rate for keyed in transactions). There are cheaper options available but the convenience and availability of Square products are definitely something to keep in mind.

Altrina from Buffalo Wheelchair inc

Square

Overall I like square and would recommend

Pros

Square makes it so easy for us to complete a point of sale order. A patient that comes in and wants to buy something in our showroom can choose what they want to purchase we have all our products (non serialized only) loaded in the square so it’s makes checkout quockc& easy. At month end we print out our square sales and add the square transaction into out practice management software. This so so successful that last month we ordered square registers for our additional 10 locations as we were only using it previously in our corporate office/store. All of our delivery personal also have square readers on there phones which allows them collects payments while at patients home.

Cons

I receive daily emails with square transactions for all our locations so I receive at least 50-100 emails a day.

Jennifer from D&D Brewery, Lodge and Restaurant

Square Is the Best on the Market

Overall, we'd highly recommend Square. It's a great platform. There are great reporting features.

Pros

We use Square POS at our restaurant. We love the easy layout and clean design. There is almost no learning curve, either, to train new staff.

Cons

I wish that there was more functionality between Square and our reservations software. We've tried to integrate the two without success.

Displaying 1 - 50 of 1,659 reviews