All Square Point of Sale Reviews

Dan

Marketing and Advertising, 1 employee

Reviewed December 2022

Square D Point of Safe Review

Ease of installation: Many Square D products are designed to be easy to install, even for those with limited electrical experience. This can save time and money on installation costs.

PROS

Square D is a brand of electrical equipment, including circuit breakers, switchgear, and other electrical components. Some of the features that are commonly cited as benefits of Square D products include: Reliability: Square D products are known for their durability and reliability. This can be especially important in critical applications such as hospitals, factories, and power plants, where equipment failure can have serious consequences. Safety: Square D products are designed with safety in mind and are tested to meet strict safety standards. This can help protect workers and building occupants from electrical hazards. Compatibility: Square D products are compatible with a wide range of electrical systems and devices, making them a flexible choice for many different types of applications. Energy efficiency: Some Square D products are designed to be energy efficient, which can help reduce energy costs and reduce the environmental impact of electrical systems. Customer support: Square D has a reputation for providing excellent customer support, including technical assistance and training for its products. This can be especially helpful for customers who have questions or need support with their electrical systems.

CONS

In general, some potential downsides or limitations of Square D products may include: Cost: Square D products may be more expensive than some other brands, especially if you're looking for budget-priced options. Compatibility: Square D products may not be compatible with certain types of equipment or systems, depending on the specific requirements of your application. Availability: Square D products may not be as widely available as other brands, especially if you're looking for specialized or hard-to-find components. Warranty: Square D products may come with limited warranties, which may not cover certain types of damages or defects.

Reason for choosing Square Point of Sale

Warranty: Square D products may come with limited warranties, which may not cover certain types of damages or defects.It's important to keep in mind that these are just a few potential downsides or limitations of Square D products, and your specific needs and circumstances will determine whether or not they are relevant to you.

RAEGAN

Utilities, 11-50 employees

Used monthly for more than 2 years

EASY POS PLATFORM

PROS

The ease of use for Square is why I continue to go back to Square. The cost is a little high but the deposits are timely and the Square card is nice to have.

CONS

The price of using square can be a little excessive.

Reasons for switching to Square Point of Sale

Customer Service is better with Square and so is the deposit schedule.

Reviewed January 2024

Outdated and frustrating to integrate

Frustrating generally, trying to integrate with online systems like Wordpress or quickbooks is not what it should be. These aren't small or niche softwares that are trying to be integrated, Square seems to be living in the software of 10-20 years ago.

PROS

It takes payments for customers and manages inventory levels for customers.

CONS

Total pain to integrate with other bits of software, really outdated on premises software that doesn't play well with online solutions.

Reason for choosing Square Point of Sale

Client preference, so unfortunately not something we could fundamentally overrule on this occasion.

Darryl

Food & Beverages, 11-50 employees

Reviewed December 2023

Square is a good choice

I haven't found any other product that makes me consider switching from Square. They have great hardware to go along with their software and the processing is great as well.

PROS

I've been using Square for over 7 years and find it great to work with. I haven't come across any other product that makes me consider switching.

CONS

There are a few bugs with using the online fulfillment system, but that's about it.

Reasons for switching to Square Point of Sale

Square is a better products with better features.

Josh

Food & Beverages, 1 employee

Reviewed January 2024

Overall decent choice for small business like us

PROS

Very easy to set up. All features are laid out nicely

CONS

Customer service. It’s very hard to talk to someone at Square

Reason for choosing Square Point of Sale

Overall most affordable given the consideration of utilizing iPads

Megan

Individual & Family Services, 2-10 employees

How Square has changed the way I do business

I have nothing but good things to say about Square except for a few qurks and errors, I have had a great experience learning and using Square Pos

PROS

That I can access and take it anywhere I go. I love Square for the portability the most. It' has allowed me to make sales on the go to the elderly, the people that don't have transportation, and potential new clients

CONS

How long it takes to post you funds into your square account for instant access.

Reasons for switching to Square Point of Sale

Too expensive for my start-up company at the time.

Consumer Services, 1 employee

Best payment processing system

5 stars! I have used a few different processing companies but none compare to square.

PROS

I love that square offers personalized loans directly through the terminal. No credit checks required, as it is based off your sales.

CONS

I have no compalints. Everything is user friendly, and competitive rates.

Amaiah

Entertainment, 11-50 employees

Reviewed February 2024

Square Point of Sale Review

PROS

It is very simple and easy software that anyone is able to use.

CONS

The most annoying thing about it is to change the way the checkout looks, you must use an ipad and there is not a computer friendly option.

Kristina

Legal Services, 5,001-10,000 employees

Reviewed September 2023

sales made easy

excellent product, easy to use and create customer support. Highly recommend to friends and family.

PROS

I think the mot impactful feature is the compact size which can be used on the go and portal. Very good for travel shows and making payment process efficient on the go.

CONS

I wish they would have a feature that accepts automatic e transfers from clients. My add a new feature that would allow for quicker business deposits.

Reasons for switching to Square Point of Sale

business needed better debit options

Haley

Apparel & Fashion, 1 employee

Overall satisfied

PROS

How easily accessible it is and that you actually have to scan the card

CONS

There’s not much that I found that I didn’t like about it

Tamilynn

Hospital & Health Care, 2-10 employees

Reviewed September 2023

Square Point of Sale: A Must Have for Seamless Service and Payments

My overall experience with Square Point of Sale is it is extremely valuable to our business by providing seamless payment processing wherever we may be conducting business. It was fantastic at our last conference that allowed us to sell products and books to consumers with ease. Thank you for making receiving payments both easy and affordable for small businesses.

PROS

Using Square Point of Sale was easy with contactless payments that were accepted for all kinds of payments including mobile, over phone or directly at office. The Square of Point of Sale connects easily to your hardware and syncs in seconds for easy payment processing for our clients. This is especially helpful for small business or businesses that are mobile. We take our Square point of Sale with us when meeting clients, securing business and engaging in payments for our services rendered. It is a must have for seamless service and bill payment processing.

CONS

There were no cons with the Square Point of Sale as we were completely satisfied with the product and the way it was intended to work.

Great Payment Flexibility

PROS

Ease of use and flexibility of creating payment types, fees, and payment options.

CONS

The percentage rate for payments seems higher then a full bank integration.

Shannon

Retail, 1 employee

Reviewed April 2020

Excellent POS Software

My overall experience with Square POS is amazing. I have recommended this app to so many people. I’ve known about this product since it’s beginning back when you could get a card reader for free on the mail. This app has always been a saving grace for me. Honestly I will never use any other POS.

PROS

This software is so EASY to use. Literally it’s a no brainer. I have used this app in conjunction with StylieOne which was an appointment scheduling app and it made collecting payments from my clients so simple. I love the sales and transaction reports that I have access to because it makes my life easier come tax time. Also this app sends you daily sales reports to your email. The equipment to use with the app is inexpensive.

CONS

There aren’t any cons to the service. Honestly it’s a great service all around. I can’t see how anyone would be disappointed.

Reasons for switching to Square Point of Sale

PayPal Here is great but honestly doesn’t hold a candle to Square. Square allows you to connect it with other services or it can standalone. Customer service is even better and quicker at resolving issues. The layout is better as well.

Leng

Non-Profit Organization Management, 2-10 employees

Reviewed May 2022

Square gets the job done

My overall experience has been good. Square POS gets the job done. The user interfase could be more intuitive though, but in general it's ok.

PROS

I use square POS, but also as an online payment processor linked to Wix. We started using the simple and small POS at our organization, but then we upgraded to the one with the big screen and that was a big change. I particularly like about this one that the client is the one swiping the credit card and has privacy deciding on the tips. It allows to start and end the cash drawer, which helps to control the cash better. I also like that when there is no connection it goes to offline mode and one can still run transactions with it.

CONS

The part that I am unsatisfied with is that the integration with WIX does not capture names of events in the description of each transaction. Therefore it's tricky to categorize those transactions in the different income classes for our books. I have to do that by reconciling manually wix reports with square's.

Reason for choosing Square Point of Sale

We chose square over alternative products because we had already spent over $1000 in POS

Reasons for switching to Square Point of Sale

We still use Stripe because it works better with our donors database. When I started working in the organization both were being used, since we had the investment of the Square POS already, which are pricey, we continued to use Square. However it does not integrates with Bloomerang.

Megan

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 2-10 employees

Reviewed August 2022

Square for small healthcare mobile practice

Overall, this is a great system and it's very easy to use to quickly collect payments for our services in the home on our mobile devices. It has a lot of features that allow you to send receipts, invoices, and collect payments securely in order to remain HIPAA complaint. You can also sign a BAA to show this as a healthcare practice, which is very important. Many clients are also familiar with Square, so they feel comfortable with you using it to process payments.

PROS

I like that it is reliable and convenient to use for our mobile practice. With us having to pack up equipment and take it back out at each client, it is nice that the system is able to be used on our cell phones and stores neatly into the pocket of our treatment bag. It is easy to connect and use even when mobile service is a bit spotty. We have not had a missed or returned payment. It is also easy to swipe through and gives the option to send a receipt that the client can access right then on their mobile device or in their email.

CONS

The biggest complaint that I have is the lightning connector adapter's stem is a bit short for use with a lot of phone cases. If the phone case is extra protective, the stem isn't long enough to reach the lightning port. It can be annoying to have to remove the case in a client's home in order to access the port so that payments can be taken.

Reason for choosing Square Point of Sale

Fewer processing fees and monthly minimums

Reasons for switching to Square Point of Sale

We switched because Square has lower payment processing fees and does not have monthly minimums like Card Connect did. We were charged during months that we did not meet a minimum sale and even in a few months that we did, so there ended up being a lot of extra hidden fees with their service. We have not had this with Square.

Dannyelle

Food & Beverages, 2-10 employees

Reviewed April 2023

Brewing POS System

Overall, the ideal product for what we need! There are absolutely flaws, but every option will have them and not one is going to be perfect. The flaws we have in Square are overall mostly reconcilable in adjustments I've managed to make to get around them, but there are still a few that get in the way. However, overall, I don't see another product on the market that I would use instead of Square, so I'm more than happy to work with what we've got!

PROS

We use Square for our in-houes POS system on the iPad docking system, I occasionally use it through a mobile device for payments on-the-go at events and such, and we also use it integrated with our Wix website for online to-go orders and retail orders. Overall, it works great for all the things we need it for! It covers at least the basics of every aspect we use it for.

CONS

There are definitely some customization issues I have with it whereas I'd like it to function a bit more to our exact needs, but overall it covers the bases. Specifically, there are a few variation/option issues I wish we could set up differently for our POS menu, and it would also be nice to have access to more customization with reporting. We use printed receipts but can't specify how many to print which can be frustrating as well. Lastly, our online ordering page not reconciling with the same inventory/reporting items as our POS in-house can also be a bit annoying, but overall we've managed to set it up to function the bests we can.

Reason for choosing Square Point of Sale

Overall was just the best option for what we needed, and the best-rated option on the market. Had multiple other small business owners that we know suggest it for us and rate it higher than other options overall, so we went with it! There are plenty of great POS options out there, so choose what's best for you and your business, but Square covers all the bases really well!

Wes

Consumer Goods, 2-10 employees

Used monthly for more than 2 years

Reviewed August 2022

Square The Life Blood Of Any Mobile Business

I still use it since it doesn't require a monthly service. It comes into a pinch when I need to sale something and don't want have go thru all the steps of the other company. Example Yard sale if someone doesn't have enough money.

PROS

The ability to set this software was super easy. It was easy to add your inventory and take your pictures all from the app, Also no monthly fee to use the service was the items that sold me on when 1st starting out.

CONS

The web presence is super lacking. No add ons, or 3rd party integrations is why I moved on to another service. The ability to really customize your website is not there, Every one has to a website that will attract sales and customers. This is just a POS 1st and website 2nd. I moved to a service that had website 1st and a POS 2nd. But I still love Square's POS software better.

Reason for choosing Square Point of Sale

Inventory system and website.

Catherine