TimeSolv Legal Billing

TimeSolv Legal Billing Reviews

RATING:

• icon"The cost is very reasonable and the billing features save me and my assistant so much time. Customer service is outstanding."
  • icon"We have been using TimeSolv and it great. Easy to use, app is great for attorneys on the road, invoices easy to process."
  • icon"Really easy to use with a full set of features and integrations that we need (eg Xero/Outlook)."
  • icon"There seems to be a lack of necessary reports, especially an audit report."
  • icon"The duplicate process for entering a second time entry could be easier to use to avoid mistakes."
  • icon"It’s a real pain to get timed out when using the web/browser/online platform to track time."

All TimeSolv Legal Billing Reviews

Randall

Industry: Law Practice

TimeSolv has changed my life for the better!

I'm capturing more time and collecting more. That's the name of the game.

Pros

Easy to use so that I use it more often!

Cons

Learning anything new is a pain. But I'm getting there.

Reasons for choosing TimeSolv Legal Billing

Seemed to offer what I needed for a reasonable price.

Reasons for switching to TimeSolv Legal Billing

Timeslips was cumbersome, expensive and terrible support.

Jon

March 2022

Quite impressed; simple to use timekeeping, billing, and invoicing platform.

Very satisfied and impressed overall. It is very easy to send out invoices in formats that are customized for each client. Customization options are far more powerful than in other products I considered. We did not want (or want to pay for) a full-scope practice management product that incidentally offered timekeeping and invoicing functions. As a dedicated timekeeping, invoicing, and payments platform, TimeSolv is far more robust. The impetus for our firm's switching from Timeslips to TimeSolv was that our paralegal who acted as our billing clerk left. TimeSolv has been so easy to use that we decided not to replace him.

Pros

Ability to format, edit, and customize bills is much stronger than in the alternatives I looked at. Timekeeping is easy and intuitive to use -- I rolled it out to some real technophobes, and they started using it immediately without complaints. The billing and payment features are far more robust than what I have seen in the billing modules of full-scope practice management systems. Live customer support is fantastic, enthusiastic, and free.

Cons

Conversion from Timeslips wasn't painful, but it required more manual cleanup than I would have liked. Would have been much cleaner to set up clients and matters in TimeSolv rather than trying to import. When something looks wrong on an invoice, it takes some effort to figure out whether it is the global, client, or matter-specific settings that need to be corrected. There are very powerful customization features, but they are frequently hidden in a myriad of settings menus. Setting up the initial synchronization with QuickBooks was clunky. I could not have figured it out on my own, though it was easy to get to get live help. The fact you have to use a separate program for synchronization is an irritant.

Reasons for choosing TimeSolv Legal Billing

Price and ease of use. We decided we did not need (or want to pay for) full practice management software. Of the dedicated timekeeping and invoicing platforms, TimeSolv was the most powerful and easiest to customize, and its price was close to the cheapest.

Reasons for switching to TimeSolv Legal Billing

We were using an old, but paid for version of Timeslips that Sage no longer supported (Timeslips 2015). Upgrading to the newer version would have been far more expensive. TimeSolv is also far, far easier to use than Timeslips, which has always been something of a nightmare.

Gale

November 2022

Rossi Consulting Review

Monthly invoices. Customers love the detail of my invoices. I get invoices approved immediately for payment

Pros

Time entry, easy to input all time which is billed from this time entry

Cons

The Mobil phone app does not work well. I find I have to log on to the website to use from my phone

Sam

MyCase to TimeSolv

The law firm I work for just made the switch from MyCase to TimeSolv. So far, however, I've been unimpressed. Before I continue listing the pros and cons, I have to mention our initial experience with porting data over from our prior software, MyCase. The TimeSolv sales rep we corresponded with initially represented that they would port all of our case data over from MyCase to TimeSolv, but, after we signed on, we were informed that they could only migrate "active" cases. Skip ahead a few weeks and now they tell us that they can only migrate data that we provide to them in CSV format, which means we have to either generate those reports ourselves or manually re-input everything. This is coupled with the fact that what cases they did migrate didn't include contact information for case parties and some were improperly indexed.

Pros

-TimeSync. TimeSolv's desktop timing app lets you keep several timers open at the same time. MyCase only allows three at any given time. -Quickbooks integration. -Detailed billing reports. Appears more robust than MyCase. -Dedicated "Help" button which provides tutorials for TimeSolv.

Cons

- Unintuitive. The UI is very clunky compared to any other legal software I've used. Just to setup an invoice and to process a payment requires navigating three different tabs. Compare this to MyCase where you can access almost aspect of the software from your dashboard. - Technical limitations/glitches. On multiple occasions, I've had to log out and back in to TimeSolv in order to see new cases or time entries added by other users. For whatever reason, said entries wouldn't sync until I manually logged off. - Important features not accessible on all account levels. Most of the helpful reports that you can generate with TimeSolv are not accessible unless you have an admin level account.

Christine

Industry: Law Practice

This reviewer was invited by the software vendor to submit an honest review.

September 2022

More time for practicing law!

I spend less time on bills than I have since I started my firm 16 years ago.

Pros

Ease of time entry and editing of entries. Also, the fact that it is a cloud-based product that I can access from anywhere.

Cons

Not really. I worked with a rival product for over 15 years. TimeSolv is superior in every way.

Reasons for switching to TimeSolv Legal Billing

My Tabs3 was very old and server based. But their cloud-based version was much more expensive for a solo practice that TimeSolv, with fewer features.

Barbara

June 2022

Amazing improvement in our legal billing practices with TimeSolv!

TimeSolv Billing is so easy to use. Billing is quicker and easier and thus saves time and money! We are very very happy with TimeSolve Billing.

Pros

We used another time keeping software for 17 years. TimeSolv is so easy to learn and us for time and expense tracking and billing. Each user has access to client information so that they can answer questions and make sure that time and expenses are tracked daily and accurately and that the firm is paid on time. It's just a breeze to learn and use. And the "chat" feature is responsive and helpful and has guided us each stpe of the way.

Cons

We also use TimeSolvPay. We like the feature and it's really quite fine. I wish that clients automatically received an email receipt when they pay online (you have to manually send one) and I wish there was a way to save the client's card details for ease of future payments.

Reasons for choosing TimeSolv Legal Billing

It was much more precisely what we needed and better priced.

Reasons for switching to TimeSolv Legal Billing

We found Timeslips increasing clunky and time-consuming and not user friendly.

Steven

Industry: Law Practice

Excellent upgrade over previous billing program.

I recently became a sole practitioner after my partner retired and decided to look at a new billing program. We were previously using Timeslips and it worked OK for what we needed, but I wanted to upgrade to something that was easier to use. There has been a learning curve, which is to be expected, but it is very easy to navigate and their customer support has been incredible. I have called and/or emailed several times and have always received quick and direct assistance to my issue. Plus, I was able to work out most of the kinks during an extended free trial period to make sure it would fit my needs. It has made my time-keeping much easier, and has really made our invoicing/billing process run much more efficiently. I wouldn't hesitate recommending TimeSolv to anyone, solo practitioner like myself or even small/large firm.

Pros

I most like the ease of using TimeSolv for entering billable fees and expenses, and the customer service and support I have received thus far has been excellent.

Cons

Truly there is nothing I have seen that makes me regret making the change to TimeSolv. If I had to pick one thing it would be that there are many features that are customizable, but there are some others that I wish I could have a little more control over in the invoicing (size of address on first page for one), and the default display of a client's "office phone" instead of mobile phone (but this is easily remedied by entering the mobile # in the office # since I rarely ask for/need a client's work # anyways).

Reasons for choosing TimeSolv Legal Billing

TimeSolv had everything that I was looking for at the right price point. It is easy to use and the customer service and support during the "leaning curve" for a new program has been excellent. There are still some great features in TimeSolv that I likely won't use because of the nature of my practice (trust accounting, storage of documents, budgeting for individual clients/matters), but it has worked perfect for my needs. Clio seemed to have many features I didn't need for the added cost, and Toggl came at a lower price but without some of the features I needed.

Reasons for switching to TimeSolv Legal Billing

I was looking for a program that was easier to use and one with more features.

ESQ Lori Zocolo

TimeSolv is an Excellent Product at a Reasonable Proce

Due to the quick ability to put together bills and the ease of sending via email, our receivables have increased and are more timely received.

Pros

The system is very easy to use and revise when there is a human error.

Cons

We have had no issues with this product unlike the previous two billing systems.

Reasons for switching to TimeSolv Legal Billing

Clio had a number of snags in its system and the company basically said that it could not fix our issues. Plus, Clio was more expensive than TimeSolv.

Pamela J.

December 2021

A Valuable Tool in My Business Toolkit

No one likes to enter time, but with TimeSolv it's almost fun.

Pros

I like seeing hours billed and fees earned on the time entry screen. It is a huge incentive to enter time regularly and helps me set personal goals.

Cons

At first I missed the familiarity with the standalone program I used to use. I knew it was 'klunky' but I didn't realize how much time I was wasting until I started using TimeSolv.

Reasons for switching to TimeSolv Legal Billing

It was recommended by one of my attorney-clients to help integrate my time with his on a big project.

Life saver

Pros

Very easy to use -- with the mobile app, there is no excuse for not reporting time. The best customer service ever. This software and the correlating service has saved me so much time and stress in getting my bills out timely. I wish I would have done it sooner.

Cons

So far, haven't found anything that I don't like.

Reasons for switching to TimeSolv Legal Billing

Timeslips was more than functional, but it was left to me to do my billing every month unless I hired someone specifically for that role. As a small firm, I didn't want to incur that overhead. TimeSolv is the perfect fit. It's like having an in-house bookkeeper without having the extra burden of employee overhead.

Brian

Great functionality, happy to be a user

We've only been using TimeSolv for about 60 days, but the experience overall has been very good.

Pros

The reporting features of this software greatly exceed anything we've ever used.

Cons

The user experience is functional, but lag behind in terms of overall UI and UX.

Reasons for switching to TimeSolv Legal Billing

Clio did not have adequate reporting for our business model.

Will

November 2022

New Firm Review

It has been truly a blessing to have it be as seamless as it is.

Pros

It is very intuitive. Also, what is great is the superb customer support.

Cons

There are really no cons. Every once in a while you might on a rare occasion have a software glitch that they'll fix asap.

Started my own firm.

Industry: Law Practice

It has worked great for us, cut the time we spent on billing by half or more, and we are very happy with the customization provided to put our own brand on our invoices and statements so it doesn’t look generic.

Pros

TimeSolv has provided a great way to track our time and expenses in client matters. With the integrated function of automated invoices, it has cut our time spent on billing in half, and captured more billable time and expenses that we previously lost. It’s pretty easy to use, which is probably the best part.

Cons

It’s a real pain to get timed out when using the web/browser/online platform to track time. We’ve run into time where the integrated function in Outlook will clear or not save properly. But we’ve also found TimeSync and the mobile app work great in this respect. It would be even better if TimeSync and the mobile app automatically synced with the main platform so we had real-time data available (having to sync to track time or enter an expense for a new client/matter is a bit of a pain).

Reasons for choosing TimeSolv Legal Billing

We wanted a focus on time & billing rather than practice management due to the extensive overlap and functions we would likely not implement at higher price points. TimeSolv was also extremely attentive in on-boarding, and didn’t charge additional expense to get us up to speed on how to use their product once we bought into it.

Reasons for switching to TimeSolv Legal Billing

We had to manually build/create our own invoices and manually enter time and expense entries for clients. It was ok when starting out, but in hindsight should’ve used TimeSolv a lot earlier.

Joy

Worth the change

Our whole process goes so much more smoothly. We used to have to review paper invoices and because the program is so intuitive, our attorneys can review and send invoices at their own convenience.

Pros

We just switched our law firm over to TimeSolv from a much more archaic system and are so glad we did. It's very intuitive so everyone learned the system extremely quickly (even our oldest and least technologically savvy attorneys) and our billing process goes so much more quickly and easily than it previously did. Definitely worth the switch.

Cons

Every once in awhile there's a function that we need that TimeSolv doesn't have yet. But when that happens, customer service has given us workarounds and seems to be taking our feedback and actively working on solutions.

Reasons for choosing TimeSolv Legal Billing

It was more cost-effective and fit our needs better. We already have document management software, so we really just needed billing functions, so TimeSolv was a better solution.

Reasons for switching to TimeSolv Legal Billing

Our old program was outdated and so difficult to navigate. The simplicity and intuitiveness of TimeSolv is what really sold us.

VALERIE