All Yodeck Reviews

Tom

Facilities Services, 201 - 500 employees

Used unspecified

Reviewed April 2024

Yodeck Review: User-Friendly Powerfule Piece of Software!

Greg

Hospitality, 1 employee

Great addition for an AirBNB Host

It has been well received by guests, and I plan on continue to add them to all of my AirBNB listings.

PROS

The ease of use and the ability to remotely manage it. And it also notifies me if the internet connection goes down. Really handy for a device that is 1/2 way around the world from where I manage if from.

CONS

The only issue I have ever had with a Yodeck device I caused myself. I shut down one and re-used the SIM card in new hardware. And it would not come back online without a 2nd person to read the display to so that I could tie the new hardware to the old SD Card. And regain remote control/access.

Reason for choosing Yodeck

I tried several AppleTV apps, they were unreliable after power outages and there was a significant cost of an AppleTV vs the relative inexpensive Raspberry Pi device.

Christie

Religious Institutions, 11-50 employees

Reviewed April 2024

The most cost effective solution for digital signage and more

PROS

Yodeck is super easy to deploy and get set up from day one. Their customer support is amazing and helps you get any problem solved in a short amount of time. They support various devices for maximum flexibility in our organization.

CONS

The media/layout editor can be annoying, and while it is user friendly, it is a bit too simple and you are better off using a PowerPoint or image slideshow for most use cases.

Reasons for switching to Yodeck

We switched from PowerPoint for better device management and remote functions.

Brian

Non-Profit Organization Management, 1 employee

Reviewed May 2024

Good for displaying non profit events

PROS

This was a much better solution than what we were using before

CONS

Limited amount of items you can add to a screen

Stacy

Religious Institutions, 2-10 employees

Reviewed March 2024

Very Easy to Use and Great Support

I tried a few different signage vendors and picked YoDeck for its ease of use and price. Very easy to set up. Was up and running with pictures on the screen in under an hour.

PROS

Very easy to set up from scratch. Our trial time was on a self-purchased Raspberry Pi. YoDeck's instructions for setting up a self-purchased player were easy to follow and I was up and running in 15 minutes. Since all media is pushed to players, rather than streaming, the WiFi bandwidth is kept to a minimum. The site itself is easy to navigate and mostly figure out without help. I contacted support on the couple items for which I had questions. They were either able to respond via chat or got back to me within a few hours via email. I really like the media handling of their site. Adding start and expiration dates makes it easier than checking daily to get rid of expired material. Layouts work great as we have our logo, the current date and time as well as a ticker and another entire playlist in a shrunken box on the screen at the same time.

CONS

No real downsides or dislikes, but there are a couple things that could use improvement. One of them is I wish they would allow you to turn off audio on a video-by-video basis. The only audio controls they offer is the ability to set the TV volume to a certain level on a schedule. I don't need this. I want to be able to have a checkbox that enables or disables audio - or better yet - an audio playback level on a video-by-video basis.

Reason for choosing Yodeck

piSignage and YoDeck use the same open-source backend software, but YoDeck did a much better job on the front-end. Their web site is far easier to use than piSignage.

Joshua

Automotive, 11-50 employees

Review of Yodeck

Overall a great experience. We will continue to use Yodeck and impliment other displays as our business continues to expand

PROS

The ease of use. Full functioning with little effort. Easy for other users to manage the device.

CONS

So far I have yet to find any areas of Yodeck that are a negative.

Reason for choosing Yodeck

Ease of Set-up and playlists for other users to make changes.

Tracy

Building Materials, 201-500 employees

Reviewed April 2024

Awesome product at an amazing price!

Awesome! Great features, easy to use, wonderful support and very affordable!!

PROS

Great features, easy to use, wonderful support and very affordable!!

CONS

Nothing yet. Everything is great. I needed help at the beginning and now have no issues.

Reasons for switching to Yodeck

We wanted an online option. That was easy to use for multiple locations.

Gary

Computer Games, 2-10 employees

Reviewed May 2024

Great program - Simple to set up and use!

It's great. We are using the Yodeck system to display live pinball scores for players at our entertainment venue. I love the fact we can insert slides and videos on how toi play these games between these scores on the Yodeck system.

PROS

I love that the initial set up was simple and it is rock solid when it comes to updating signage.

CONS

The only slight annoyance is that you are unable to set the duration of the allerts that your raspberry pi has been off line for 5 hours. I get one of those every day as the monitor I am YoDeck on is switched off for 12 hours over night.

Reasons for switching to Yodeck

The other system was unreliable. At one point the entire system crashed and the only way to resolve the issue was to go to the location and reinstall new software and set up again. This bad experience lead me to Yodeck and I have not looked back.

Alex

Food & Beverages, 11-50 employees

Reviewed May 2024

Intuitive interface and great features

PROS

The backend of Yodeck is intuitive, flexible and has great feature library which is easy to navigate and use. Staff with limited technical knowledge are easy to train up due to the well thought-out and considered interface.

CONS

Layouts can sometimes be hard to align items easily. Some kind of ruler, or alignment tool would be helpful.

Reason for choosing Yodeck

Price & flexibility. The option to purchase hardware was a good option too.

Plastics, 201-500 employees

Great System that is User Friendly

Great system to use, user friendly, lots of nice features, highly recommended.

PROS

Very user friendly. I Trained many of our employees how to use it and it is so easy to catch on. Within 5 minutes, everyone at our company was able operate this system comfortably.

CONS

I would like to see more apps available to choose from. We use Yodek as an information center for our employees and it would be nice to see daily trivia, facts of the day, something fun for employees can discuss and interact with.

Reason for choosing Yodeck

User friendly, convenient, all the applications this system has to offer is something we wanted!

Reasons for switching to Yodeck

Complications with importing certain data such as videos, websites, and important information we want to share with our employees.

Christian

Semiconductors, 11-50 employees

Reviewed May 2024

As a customer dissatisfied with DisplayNOW

I've loved it, everyone's professional and helpful! Also, the site is reliable and easy to use. Will never use a different digital signage provider ever again!

PROS

It's infinitely easier to use and higher quality than competitors. The free Raspberry Pi digital players were another key point in deciding to make the switch to YoDeck, these are very useful.

CONS

I had some trouble setting up the YoDeck players initially but that's because I put in the wrong wifi password when pre-configuring them at the factory. Overall, not a big deal, was an easy quick fix on site.

Reasons for switching to Yodeck

YoDeck was double the cost but came with WAY more functionality and overall was a significantly more put-together product.

Joakim

Environmental Services, 2-10 employees

Reviewed April 2023

Perfect solution for easy to manage signage

PROS

Coming from a Windows-based setup with Powerpoint-slides that never autoplayed the way they were supposed to and retired a lot of hands on, Yodeck was a real blessing for our lobby. Running on Raspberry PI was no issues, and the whole setup was done in less than 30 minutes.We can quickly edit our signage, set up layouts that work with our corporate branding, and also use widgets to display news and weather to our visitors. Compared to other systems, I must say that this is a very potent solution that fit our small business perfectly. Scaling it up would be no issue since the management interface is very sleek.

CONS

There is a slight learning curve to the layout designing which might scare a casual user. However, in cases where we felt that we couldn't produce what we required in Yodeck we simply create the slide in Photoshop and upload that and push it to our players, which works very well.

Reasons for switching to Yodeck

We needed a better way of providing our visitors about events and information, while at the same time dealing with remote working and simply not having the time to manually update and maintain a homemade janky signage-PC.Yodeck made all of this a breeze and has allowed us to spend more time making and using our signage, rather than maintaining the systems.

Louis

Education Management, 201-500 employees

Reviewed December 2023

Roedean School: Yodeck Review

Mine and the schools overall experience of Yodeck is extremely positive. I can create really stunning digital signages, for multiple screens, and then be versatile and put livestreams on them for special events. The school is extremely happy with the implementation of them and have been a welcome addition to the school.

PROS

Yodeck for me is a system that I have now implemented into 2 schools that I have worked at as part of the IT Team. It has always been reliable for a team to manage, and the flexibility that Yodeck provides, personally, makes it come out above its competitors. The reason I continue to use Yodeck and would recommend it is that it is continually supporting new features, listening to customer feedback, and has excellent customer service. The amount of times I have emailed the support team asking for them to provide a very specific bit of code to create a custom website widget, and they always provide exactly what I need. The UI is also perfect for both IT Pro's, admin staff and Marketing teams. This helps me personally shift the responsibility to them, and being on hand to support the hardware or software, or occasionally ask my opinion on designs and content.

CONS

Yodeck is a powerful system for its price, so it's harsh to pick faults. But from our personal experience in a school, there are a few things I would love to have implemented. We are a Microsoft school, so we would love to see built-in SSO for Microsoft 365, like it has with Google. Similarly, more Microsoft Apps would be welcome to the app selection. Additionally, when pushing new content, it would be amazing if it could preload in the background, and then slowly fade to the new content when it is ready, instead of the stuttery and harsh transition as each content piece loads. I know this is partly limited by hardware, but the option to have this would be great. It would also be amazing if you could have 'views' and deep permission levels so you can restrict individual folders. I would also, from a UI point, like to see Apps / Media merged into one as they use share the same folders anyway.

Reason for choosing Yodeck

The software, permissions, ease of use, cost, experience, all amalgamate it to be the sensible option. Personally, my experience with the system can be used as an advantage in support, training and time to set up. The UI receives frequent updates, that they document on their blog. Meaning that bugs are fixed and user voice is heard. The competitor’s software that was highlighted previously offer good solutions, but their difficulty to use the interface and the time required to use was their downfall. Some of the features that they had were better than Yodeck, but they were let down by missing key features that Yodeck did have, such as easy customisable layout and being less educationally orientated.

Alex

Utilities, 51-200 employees

Reviewed February 2024

Very intuitive solution

We use our Yodeck devices for a few different situations. First we have it playing in our lobby with information for our customers. We also have several around common areas for upcoming event information, recent employee accomplishments, and general information. Lastly, we have one in the IT department that shows dashboards for diferent metrics we track as well as rss feeds for cybersecurity related news.

PROS

I feel the best thing about the Yodeck has been how many different file formats it will accept. Our previous solution was cumbersome to get files converted to specific requirements. The implementation of the product is fantastic. During the device order process, you can give it the wifi authentication and assign the playlist. It starts working as soon as you take it out of the box and plug it in. Very easy to use.

CONS

This is not a deal breaker, but I would like to see more built-in plugins. Things like daily, business appropriate, trivia, jokes, or this day in history type slides.

Reasons for switching to Yodeck

We started looking for new solutions based on the cost. We were pleasantly surprised with the available features of the Yodeck and it stood out among the options we reviewed.

Jonathan

Higher Education, 501-1,000 employees

Reviewed August 2022

The Best Value In Digital Signage

The deployment has been easy. The hardware is cheap. We've had much higher user adoption, and I've enjoyed administering it. It's been easy to experiment and make changes. My team has truly loved using YoDeck

PROS

It is incredibly user friendly for both admins and customers. It's cheap and easy to deploy, it's easy to manage...it's amazing!

CONS

There are limited features compared to more full-fledged platforms, such as wayfinding. But we do not utilize that.

Reason for choosing Yodeck

I assessed 20 different digital signage platforms, and YoDeck sits in a great middle ground. It is cheap and uses inexpensive hardware, but still feels stable and easy to use like a more fully-feature platform.

Reasons for switching to Yodeck

Visix's hardware was expensive, finnicky, and unreliable. It felt like we were constantly fixing players. The interface was not user friendly, and required downloading apps to update content.

Luke

Hospital & Health Care, 51-200 employees

Reviewed March 2024

Beyond Bang for the Buck

Yodeck enabled me to accomplish two wildly important goals for my organization. Yodeck enables me to project our culture to a broad audience in our own voice. So we improved the quality of our production over what we used before. (an outsourced product.) Secondarily, we saved a pile of money because Yodeck is such an affordable solution compared to outsourced digital signage competitors.

PROS

Yodeck is an essential tool projecting our healthcare organization's cutlure to the audience that matter the most- caregivers. Yodeck is the answer to two important questions: "How do we project our culture to persons who visit our care center?" and "how do we project Palm Garden culture to our caregivers?" I'm able to project Palm Garden Mission, Vision and Values in our own cultural voice and "premier provider" 5-Star brand.

CONS

There was a learning curve because we switched from an outsourced provider for digital prodction to internal production of content. Yodeck YouTube videos helpedme a lot!

Reasons for switching to Yodeck

Osborne announced yet another rate increase for their services. We saw Yodeck as an opportunity to reduce cost and improve the quality of our targeted messaging.

Tiffany

Banking, 11-50 employees

Reviewed February 2024

Saving us thousands this year!

PROS

the setup of the players was super easy. A rep from Yodeck called me even before I got the players and then helped get to me even faster. But what is best is how easy the software is to use. The last provider we had was with MoodMedia and the interface was built of these frames that if you accidentally moved something, the whole screen changed and you had to figure out where your stuff went.

CONS

so far, nothing. We've only been using it a few weeks.

Reason for choosing Yodeck

We also considered Works24, which doesn't appear on your list. Cost and perceived ease of use of software.

Reasons for switching to Yodeck

I think I chose the right product, it was MoodMedia, Harmony was the control suite. Cost, downtime and poor user interface. The MoodMedia software was just silly and overly complex for the basic need we have of essentially running a slideshow.

Christopher

Design, 2-10 employees

Reviewed March 2023

Yodeck! The next best thing in Digital Signage!!

LOVE IT! I have been from SignageLive, to Optisign and now Yodeck....I am definitely going to be buying a subscription for my multiple stores!

PROS

Ease of use, I love the layout feature! Snapping to the grid and ability to preview is wonderful!

CONS

I love working with Brightsign, so I hope they can integrate apps that work well with it.

Reason for choosing Yodeck

Using the trail and Yodeck being so transparent with using a trail and not being restricted on how many days I get to play with it. Knowing the customers will always pick the company that treats them right. I previously bought a Raspberry Pi Player with Optisign and I spent a fortune....I wish I had know about this I would have just subscribed for the year! That is definitely a PLUS!

Reasons for switching to Yodeck

Usability, it wasn't as user friendly. Apps were stale and overall player insights were not there....

Simen