All Airtable Reviews

Onome

Education Management, 1 employee

Used unspecified

Reviewed March 2024

Airtable Review: Bit of a Learning Curve, but Worth It!

Steve

Non-Profit Organization Management, 501-1,000 employees

Reviewed December 2019

Only limited by your time and creativity

We have about 10 different business processes that we track in Airtable. It's amazing how flexible it is, and the overall experience has been extremely smooth. It's especially easy to get new users up to speed quickly because of how intuitive the Airtable is, which is an especially difficult feat given how extensively you can customize everything. They have a great online help and video training as well.

PROS

Airtable brings actual structure to our working environment. We use for a team of 15 to track tasks, projects, and even for lightweight documentation of work done or where stuff is. I really like the flexibility and the ability to create just about anything with it and still make the finished product look nice. The UI is what people first comment on when I invite them to our shared set of bases--either "it looks great" or "this is easy" or something like that. I especially love the integration with Zapier so that if you need to go outside an Airtable base, you probably won't have to do manual entry--it can sync with your other app.

CONS

With the free version, you will hit the record limit will pretty easily. I wish they had a lower-priced plan that was above the free version, but below their much more expensive tiers. A second huge miss is that there was really no way to do rich text. That severely limits the usefulness for using Airtable as any kind of repository for content or anything like that. Basically you convert everything to HTML markup and store it as plain text in Airtable, but like I said they have promised to fix this . . .

Reason for choosing Airtable

We love the wide-spread support and integrations for Airtable. That made moving to it quite simple and we thought it would be much easier than any other competing product.

Aomukaga

Education Management, 201-500 employees

Reviewed May 2024

Airtable: Event planning and project management

PROS

I love the flexibility that comes with the tool which makes it possible to manage various projects.

CONS

The tool is effective and i have not seen any challanges.

Reviewed July 2018

Airtable is one to watch in the future

Airtable has very specific uses that would be hard to replicate anywhere else with another piece of software. It has many flaws and drawbacks, but once you accept them (and find ways to circumvent them) it can be quite a handy and interesting piece of software.

PROS

When I first started to use Airtable, I came away deeply frustrated with it's usability. It's sometimes slow, straightly obtuse to use and has many "pending features" that would be extremely helpful for some of the simplest of tasks. However, there came a time when I had to organise a league table for a tournament over the internet, and all of sudden, Airtable clicked. What Airtable is good at is creating a database of entries for a specific use, so for example, making an internet registration form where a user can enter data and "register" their interest in a particular thing is so quick and easy to do. I created an application form which auto stored the data into a highly organised table that I could then use however I wanted (I created a league table from the registered users with ease and shared the results of the league as the scoring progressed) - all via the internet, I don't know of a way that I could have achieved this without AirTable, Google Docs would have been a possible solution, but Airtable allows you to add attachments easily (so images, etc) as well as allowing you to manipulate (And hide) data in any way you can think of using Rollups and Lookups - two of it's most powerful features. Once you get used to it, Airtable becomes useful, and I can see myself using it again and again when I want to organise a very specific and distributed task on the internet.

CONS

Don't think this is Excel in a different disguise, it's not, it's not as adaptable and not as powerful as Excel. You couldn't use it to track a project or manage a holiday system or anything like that, but creating a full customer list for a newsletter? Yep, easy, that's the kind of thing it DOES do really well. It could use a few more features on the free tier of the software (the paid tier unlocks "blocks" - which is a strange name for plugins, which allow you to view the data in different visual ways but ultimately it's not as well integrated as it should be and therefore has a limited use) Another thing is that Airtables mobile interface is woeful compared to it's desktop version, and for some reason you can't access the desktop website via mobile. I have no idea what compelled them to make this decision but it's something they need to address in the future. The mobile layout is next to useless.

Marina

Construction, 11-50 employees

Great Spreadsheet Alternative

I am very pleased. We currently use it for several important databases and it works fantastic.

PROS

The color coding is the best feature by far

CONS

Nothing yet, so far this software is exceeding expectations

Reason for choosing Airtable

Value and options made it a no brainer for us

Reasons for switching to Airtable

Wanted more customization settings and this delivered!

Osmond

Education Management, 201-500 employees

Reviewed April 2024

The powerhouse for organizing and elevating your projects

PROS

I like the variety of visualisation tools and project views at your disposal in this tool which simplify data analytics.

CONS

It is not the ideal tool for complex projects since it has limited automation capabilities.

1,001-5,000 employees

Airtable Is Like a Mixture of Excel and GoogleDocs

PROS

Airtable is an easy way to keep track of multiple projects and their varying deadlines along the pipeline to completion. It's pretty much designed like an Excel workbook with columns that can be filtered and grouped. I found it very easy to use, especially since it is so similar in design to Excel. I say it's also like GoogleDocs in that it's a collaborative document that can be updated at will.

CONS

Unlike software like Jira, you have to keep checking your particular Airtable link to see if changes have been made to your workflow. It'd be nice if each time a change to the workflow was made, such as a deadline change, there was an easy way to tag or email the person affected by the change.

Vikash

Information Technology and Services, 501-1,000 employees

Reviewed April 2024

Experience With Airtable

Very Good Experience with Airtable because it's offered to view data and Gant Chart and Gallery.

PROS

Airtable is a highly valuable tool for organizing data, managing products, and streamlining workflows across various industries and use cases and it 'uses collaboration features, integration capabilities, automation capabilities, mobile accessibility and supportive community and resources.

CONS

The pricing structure can be confusing and expensive for the user.

Isabel

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

Almost perfect

Highly recommended as an overall productivity tool, but not better than your best-of-breeds software.

PROS

It is a very powerful tool, with integration capabilities and a strong game for online collaboration. It has more than 20 features that you would like to see in your regular spreadsheet software.

CONS

It has some limits, especially for regular users. It may function as a CRM, but it is not a CRM. It is not as intuitive as Trello or Asana. Power users that dominate integrations and formulas will find a workaround for everything.

Jake

Telecommunications, 2-10 employees

Reviewed May 2024

Airtable is great for sorting large CSV's

PROS

I love how easy it is to sort, group, and bulk edit csv's in airtable. It allows for a ton of flexibility and functionality to edit data for my customer's accounts.

CONS

If you are in multiple workspaces, it can sometimes feel clunky. Additionally, you're unable to search by content inside of the sheets when looking for a table / project. Also CSV import is a bit tough to navigate as it is pretty hidden.

Saviour

Computer Software, 11-50 employees

Reviewed February 2024

Airtable is exactly what you need to start using.

PROS

It is Easy to organise and track information in my own way that i need.

CONS

Slow loading and laggy interaction while i was working with large databases.

Ipek Nil

Environmental Services, 11-50 employees

Great Tool for Management

PROS

I like the agility this tool provides because it's one of the most recent ones.

CONS

Needs a little improvement in terms of the interface.

Airtable for Multiple iGames Data

PROS

Customizable View, and multiple view links that can be shared differently depending on who you want to provide the custom view

CONS

none so far, been using Airtable for quite some time now, I would say I'm very much familiar on how to use it

Reason for choosing Airtable

much more presentable, custom view with separate link each view.

Jonathan

Events Services, 11-50 employees

Reviewed August 2019

AirTable is an Advanced Form of Excel

My work team uses airtable as opposed to Excel or Google Sheets to keep shared records, and this has been very helpful to us especially in keeping lots of complex information in one place that we can easily sort through. Because it has more features than a traditional excel sheet, like attaching documents or pictures, it is an easier way to keep track of documents than a traditional Cloud Storage system like Dropbox or Google Drive. It also gives us lots of special "blocks" that we can use (but are still exploring) so we can continue to improve our workflow and data spread.

PROS

I love that this works as an Excel document, but you can also do so much more with it - attach documents, check boxes, drop down options, and so many more things. It has great integrations with other platforms, and is easy to set up for various different functions that Excel could never offer. I also love the extra blocks you can use that give you more options for functions, such as creating pivot tables, sending texts, keeping an organizational chart, and even setting a countdown! It makes me want to explore more ways I can use this to help make our workflow better within my work team.

CONS

It does take a little getting used to at first if you are used to excel. It's not quite a replacement for Excel if you are trying to make a traditional sheet with borders, and it also isn't as easy to highlight select cells and copy/paste them in other places like in an Excel sheet. It also doesn't really support traditional Microsoft formatting which is kind of annoying when you try to copy information in. But seeing as how this is a better system for containing information, its pros outweigh the cons and you can easily use Excel and Airtable at the same time to support your various needs.

Reason for choosing Airtable

This was a step up from our old method of using a Google sheet to keep information in one place. It hasn't completely replaced Google Docs or Excel, but it has been a great service for us to keep certain records that are harder to keep track of on other less complex platforms.

Udayan

Financial Services, 501-1,000 employees

Reviewed February 2020

Google Sheets/Excel on steriods

Overall experience with Airtable has been amazing, I think it's a brilliant product for cross team collaboration and I love the flexibility you get.

PROS

While there are a lot of things that are great about airtable, these are the ones I love the most: 1. Flexibility to do everything from project management, sprint management, and GTMs. 2. Ease of use: This is like using excel sheets so creating a new task project is basically hit enter and start typing. Obviously, the features are 10 times better on airtable. 3. The different kind of views that I can have is also brilliant, the calendar view, kanban view and my favorite.

CONS

I think the only place this tool lacks is in just pure documentation. While you can write long form content here, it doesn't feel natural or intuitive. I really wish they improve the long form text field with rich content formatting and more. One more thing which is a pain is the mobile app. Feels like an MVP but the viable is so low. I can't even add comments via the app. Quite sad.

Reason for choosing Airtable

Flexibility and better cross team collaboration. (Also Asana's free version is a joke.)

Kevin

Media Production, 2-10 employees

Reviewed March 2021

Once You Start Using Airtable, You'll never use Excel Again!

My experience has been amazing. I don't see myself ever switching to another type of software again and I for sure am going to upgrade it to use it even more.

PROS

Where to even begin! I love how it's the 21st century excel spreadsheet. I can collaborate and keep track of clients and projects all under one document. I also, love how it live updates and the amount of features that airtable could give my company keeps growing. Because it's such a broad type of software I can customize it to exactly my needs and exactly my preferences.

CONS

There are some limitations with the advanced features, but that is understandable because the free version (which I use) is already so powerful that I can't believe they are offering it for free.

Reason for choosing Airtable

I wanted something that had pre-made templates and something that could be shared to anyone on any device.

Reasons for switching to Airtable

I needed something that didn't require someone to have a Microsoft account and that could be on my phone or on my computer or where I was.

Aimee

Alternative Medicine, 2-10 employees

Reviewed September 2022

Data collection powerhouse & beautiful intuitive forms

I love everything about Airtable and it’s an invaluable part of my business operations. I use it daily. I have created so many forms and I used multiple other software‘s in the past to collect data from my students. I found that every single other software that I used had limitations and costs associated with it that just continue to go up the more forms I created. The thing I love the most about Airtable is that it has a beautiful interface, it’s free to use, and I don’t ever lose access to my data.

PROS

I love everything about the forms in Airtable. They are completely customizable. They populate the data in an easy-to-read spreadsheet. It sends me automatic notifications every time that someone fills out a form. It keeps all of my systems and my school organized because I have a form for everything and there are no limits on how many forms I can have it really has allowed me to create a beautiful system of collecting data.

CONS

There’s a ton of features in Airtable that I don’t use. I think when I first started I spent a long time trying to figure out how I can use their other features. However, I don’t think that every feature that they have is worth using. However, since there is no cost to Airtable that doesn’t matter.

Reasons for switching to Airtable

Typeform was inexpensive to start but then they just started putting a lot of limitations on the forms that you could create. I used it for a long time but then all of a sudden I lost access to data that I had collected in my forms because they changed their pricing structure and wanted me to pay for a higher priced plan in order to regain access to my data. I then use Googleforms for a long time but they also totally blocked access to my data because we had a bill that was overdue. In general I’m not a fan of software that blocks you from accessing data due to billing issues. I would prefer to use some thing that didn’t have those kind of limitations.

Ahmed

Hospital & Health Care, 2-10 employees

Reviewed January 2023

"Airtable: The Most Powerful Tool for Teams Looking for Efficient Data Management and Collaboration"

My overall experience with Airtable has been extremely positive, It is an incredibly powerful yet easy-to-use online platform that allows teams to quickly create and manage databases, build powerful automations, collaborate on projects, and much more, The intuitive interface and variety of features make it an ideal tool for teams looking for an efficient way to manage their data and workflows, Airtable is an invaluable resource that I would highly recommend to any team looking to streamline their processes.

PROS

I really appreciate how intuitive and easy-to-use Airtable is, It has a simple, user-friendly interface that makes it easy to quickly create and manage databases, collaborate with team members, and build powerful automations, It also offers a variety of integrations with popular cloud storage solutions and third-party apps, making it a great tool for teams looking for an efficient way to manage their data and workflows.

CONS

The one thing I like least about Airtable is that some of the more advanced features can be a bit confusing to use, particularly for users who are new to the platform, However, Airtable does offer great documentation and tutorials to help users get up and running quickly.

Reason for choosing Airtable

We chose Airtable over the other products because it offered the best combination of features and price, It has a simple, intuitive interface that allows us to quickly create and manage databases, build powerful automations, collaborate with team members, and much more, It also has great integrations with popular cloud storage solutions and third-party apps, as well as a variety of tools for managing data, Also the pricing was very reasonable, making it an affordable solution for teams of all sizes.

Education Management, 11-50 employees

Reviewed August 2023

Seamless Organization and Automation

Airtable has transformed our workflow. It lets us organize, manage, and automate our projects and tasks in a way that's tailored to our unique needs. The customization options are endless, and we've created the perfect interface for every project. We plan to continue to expand our use of Airtable and are actually now hiring a new team member to look after data, which I suspect will further our use of Airtable.

PROS

We love Airtable's outstanding automation and linking features. Automating repetitive tasks and connecting our data to other platforms has been a breeze, saving us a lot of manual work. The interface is so user-friendly that it hardly feels like we're dealing with a database. We can easily create custom views for different projects, and it's great to be able to adjust the interface to meet our specific needs. I personally really like the calendar and kanban views, and the easy to build dashboards and highly flexible interfaces. These have allowed us to modernize old processes.

CONS

Initially, there was a bit of a learning curve with Airtable. But once we got the hang of it, the possibilities seemed endless and we want to integrate it even further into our work. The only real con we’ve encountered has to do with the need to add collaborators to a base, and accordingly the cost associated with this.

Reason for choosing Airtable

We chose Airtable due to its versatility. The customization of views, linking between records, and automation capabilities make it stand out. The user interface is also more visually pleasing and intuitive than a typical spreadsheet or CRM.

Reasons for switching to Airtable

Asana was great for project tracking, but Airtable does so much more. We prefer a smaller number of tools.

Ali