• Pros

• "Easy to use. Application has very intuitive interface. Fast Speed Reasonable Price Awesome Support "

• "It works well and originally the price was great"

• "Awesome tool that helps me communicate with developers. "

• Cons

• "The price is good for small teams, but once the team starts to get bigger, or you add people who won't be permanent, but you need them added for a short time, it can start to get pricey."

• "The pricing is too aggressive. It's great for start, but if your team is getting larger, the raise in price is too big."

• "This tool is great for a big team that needs everything in one package. Although it comes with reasonable price, it is still expensive, not my choice for small / starter team. "

Browse Assembla Reviews

Great Project Management tool for Software Development

Very positive on Assembla. We have used Assembla for 5+ years. The new enhancements are great. Really appreciate how Assembla listens to their clients feedback and takes action(s) on their recommendations.

Pros

We like Assembla for it's collaboration amongst our team members spread all over the world. It provides real time metrics for our developers. We have had several other firms attempt to lure us away from Assembla.

Cons

The development team likes the ability to set up quick Sprints, allocate team members to specific tasks, and have all documents contained in one centralized system.

Ashish from LegalXGen Software Solution Pvt Ltd

Managing & Controlling the Code is So Easy with Assembla

It's one of the application which we use for our work has no downtime. Any query raised, is answered in kind of no time.

Pros

Cons

1. Though, the User Interface is interactive, but, if some change reports are introduced, should be helpful.

Cost Effectiveness and Earlier Trust

Good product, but a little pricey

Overall, we've been happy with Assembla, other than the pricing. It is easy to link from one area of a project to another and user management is a breeze.

Pros

The integration of wikis, git repos, and a ticketing system all in one product offering is pretty convenient; and user management is straightforward. Our new employees have been able to jump right in without a lot of training.

Cons

The pricing is a little high compared to other product offerings.

Igor from RSM

Used to be a good project management tool, not anymore.

Project management and source control.

Pros

It used to be a convenient SCRUM/Kanban - style project management tool with seamless SVN integration.

Cons

This year they raised the prices more than 10 times while the system itself not only didn't get any better but actually became so glitchy and unreliable, we can hardly use it anymore. Moving on to another platform.

Dan from Athena IT Limited

Great Project Management Tool Unfortunately Super-Seeded

Tracked and version controlled website releases. Easy oversight of website epics, stories and tasks.

Pros

Reliability, I've used Assembla for more than 10 years and I do not recall any significant downtime, sure there were some issues but they were typically resolved within an hour. It does work as a method by which to manage your software development, a repository (SVN or GIT) is built into the solution.

Cons

It's expensive for what it is, it isn't that versatile (for example, you can't modify the status's to customise your status or workflow) and the pricing recently once the ownership changed hands. Depending on your user count, Bitbucket and JIRA may compare more favourably. The application really hasn't continued to evolve that much since I first signed up 10 years ago.

Erik from Yard Freaks

Assembla brings us closer together!

The team at Yard Freaks have had a great experience with using Assembla as a project management tool. We are able to view and keep track of our current and past projects. Share our process and keep in communication with each other. Plus having the wiki section and being able to download them as a PDF is a nice touch.

Pros

The team can easily view their trackable tickets. The card wall is a nice drag and drops feature that makes it quick and easy to stay organized.

Cons

Having a desktop notification pop-up when you receive a new ticket/updated ticket would be an awesome feature to have.

Response from Assembla

Replied June 2017

Hi Erik, Thank you for your review! We're glad Assembla was able to help you with your team. We'd love to send you a shirt! Email support@assembla.com with your address and size and we'll send one over. Thanks again! The Assembla Team

Hendra from Mitrais

I started using Assembla two years ago for 18 months daily

I can get information about my task, my priority, sprint, estimated, change, acceptance criteria

Pros

It provides what needed functionalities for collaboration. Like mentioning, notification, workflow, repositories, recent activities. Especially the recent activities, that was the first to go when I opened Assembla. I could find who mentioned me, what card I was following, etc.

Priyanka from Pinaki Technologies

Assembla - A powerful code management tool

Code & Document management, version control. Ease of access . Maintenance of code

Pros

We've used Assembla for managing our code and document repository. The advantage of it being integrated with SVN and GIT makes it really easy to manage our repo. The ability of an a repository to integrate with other tools is an added advantage. Secure and cost effective.

Cons

Would like to see a tool primarily to support repository operations on IOS, that's one piece which is required.

Response from Assembla

Replied June 2017

Hi Priyanka, Thank you for your review! We're glad Assembla helped you managed your code and document repositories. We'd love to send you a shirt! Email support@assembla.com with your address and size and we'll send one over. Thanks again! The Assembla Team

Filipe from Engineering and Innovation

Assembla review

Great value for the everyday work trust and always on

Pros

This software is esay to use compatible with any SVN client Get your code/project in any place on any device, just checkout and work or review

Cons

At moment this software has all i need to develop my code and mantain it revisions

Reasons for Choosing Assembla

In general I trust more on Assembla to secure my code

Andrew from DWC Software Ltd. Co.

Industry: Computer Games

A great online source control for projects

A great software to use for source control on your projects.

Pros

Assembla is great at managing large digital projects, not only within an office, but also when working with people remotely. Assembla's source control functionality is what you expect, but I also really like their ticket system when projects can be defined in a very goal oriented way and then tracked through their life.

Cons

Strive to be best toolset for development organization

It is ok for smaller teams. It is affordable. Not much of online documentation, but most parts are intuitive.

Pros

It is a cloud based solution and can be accessed from anywhere. Support for protocols like git. It has embedded document management workflow.

Cons

Lack of support for document search. Lack of support for wide adoption among developers. No easy way of project management, bug tracking etc. At the least the versions that we used in the past. No management reports. It serves the basic purpose of source code management with git. No clear support for command line tools and scripting for ci/cd pipelines.

Reasons for Choosing Assembla

It was the first collaboration platform we tried in our previous startup. It worked OK for sometime as long as the team size was small. Soon we realized not many developers were familiar with this platform and became an issue while educating them to bring them onboard.

Aaron from Ingomoney

Overall Awesome Product

We use Assembla for all our source control needs for multiple projects The markdown syntax for the WIKI is super useful Love the File storage interface Overall this its a well thought of product with good support and really good up time.

Pros

Good SVN Support for Source Code Clean Interface WIKI File Storage Up Time

Cons

Not faced any recently, so NONE!

Response from Assembla

Replied June 2017

Hi Aaron, Thank you for your review! We're glad Assembla was able to help you with your team. We'd love to send you a shirt! Email support@assembla.com with your address and size and we'll send one over. Thanks again! The Assembla Team

James from Heart Rhythm Society

Much better than other Project management tools

The Best ticketing system that I have ever used. Sleek design, easy to understand. Assignments and priority are easy to adjust. Drag and drop cardwall

Pros

Awesome tool that helps me communicate with developers.

Response from Assembla

Replied June 2017

Hi James, Thank you for your review! We're glad Assembla was able to help you with your team. We'd love to send you a shirt! Email support@assembla.com with your address and size and we'll send one over. Thanks again! The Assembla Team

Jos Paulo from Pi Solues

Excelent Platform

Assembla is a great platform that helps me on software development. I reached Assembla when I was looking for a reliable SVN server. Besides that, Assembla provides lots of tools that turns easier manage our software projects. My team is very happy using Assembla

Pros

Easy to use.

Response from Assembla

Replied June 2017

Hi Jos Paulo, Thank you for your review! We're glad Assembla was able to help you with your team. We'd love to send you a shirt! Email support@assembla.com with your address and size and we'll send one over. Thanks again! The Assembla Team

Billy from Invogue Inc

Would recommend to anyone that works on more than 1 tasks

I love assembla. It helps me keeps track of what tasks are more important. Lets me know what needs to be done and when it needs to be done at a moments glance.

Pros

I like that I can see everything that is going on from the stream view without having to spend too much time.

Cons

The only cons about assembla is when you have a ticket open and if someone updates it, it constantly flashes, can get distracting.

Response from Assembla

Replied June 2017

Hi Billy, Thank you for your review! We're glad Assembla was able to help you with your team. We'd love to send you a shirt! Email support@assembla.com with your address and size and we'll send one over. Thanks again! The Assembla Team

Roxanna from InVogue Inc.

Organized year round

I was new to Assembla and learned how to use the program very quickly and easily. I love the use of related child and parent tickets to break down tasks to make them more manageable to keep things organized. I often use the basic coding functions to make text bold or underlined or make lists so users can read the tickets easily. Assembla really helps my team stay organized and assigned projects and tasks.

Pros

VERY easy to use and learn. Child/Parents tickets are great.

Cons

I wish there was a desktop notification when there is an update to a ticket I follow. this would help more than email notifications for me.

Response from Assembla

Replied June 2017

Hi Roxanna, Thank you for your review! We're glad Assembla was able to help you with your team. We'd love to send you a shirt! Email support@assembla.com with your address and size and we'll send one over. Thanks again! The Assembla Team

Guy from Quarem

Simple, Intuitive, and Collaborative

An incredible tool for our software development. Simple to use and a great collaborative tool. I highly recommend this as a great PM tool.

Pros

Simple to use and a great collaborative tool for our global employees.

Cons

Nothing

Response from Assembla

Replied June 2017

Hi Guy, Thank you for your review! We're glad Assembla was able to help you with your team. We'd love to send you a shirt! Email support@assembla.com with your address and size and we'll send one over. Thanks again! The Assembla Team

Good tool for project management

This is a good tool for smaller teams, but I would like if they didn't raise their prices so much.

Pros

I like how you get all your tasks and your code repo in one place. Also, Assemble makes it easy to communicate with your team members with in-built mentions and there ability to reference other tasks or code commits. I also really like preview option before you post your comment.

Cons

I don't like that they've changed their pricing model. We needed to add 1 additional team member, and we needed to switch to much more expensive model.

Ash from In Vogue Inc

In my experience, Assembla is a very easy application to use. I like how you can organize your ticket view to however you want to experience the app. I usually filter it so it only shows tickets assigned to myself so I don't get lost in other people's information. Overall, I would definitely recommend Assembla to someone looking for a productivity tool for the workplace.

Pros

Organization of ticket view, ability to share information with colleagues, and ease of use.

Cons

I wish it had a multiple image upload rather than having to drag the image into the comment box.

Response from Assembla

Replied June 2017

Hi Ash, Thank you for your review! We're glad Assembla was able to help you with your team. We'd love to send you a shirt! Email support@assembla.com with your address and size and we'll send one over. Thanks again! The Assembla Team

Eric from Sniderware

Much more expensive than Github

Pros

It works well and originally the price was great

Cons

The company raised the price on my account multiple times without ever communicating with me. At the end they were charging me 7 times the price of github. I can get the same features from tithing for over a year for the price of two months at Assembla. :(

Heather from ConnectedView

Easy to use for a business user

Pros

I am not a technical person, but I am easily able to log issues and track them through to completion with our technical team.

Cons

I initially struggled with how to add custom fields and add to the dropdown values, but I was able to figure that out after spending some time looking.

Response from Assembla

Replied June 2017

Hi Heather, Thank you for your review! We're glad Assembla was able to help you with your team. We'd love to send you a shirt! Email support@assembla.com with your address and size and we'll send one over. Thanks again! The Assembla Team

Victor from Victor Burgos Games

Source Control and Project Management All In One

Since using Assembla, the team's productivity has increased tremendously, specifically in the use of Perforce workspaces. Since it is in the cloud, we do not have to worry about any of our local servers going offline in the middle or the night or during an electrical outage, so that is a huge sigh of relief with the 99.99999% uptime. We have also started using other features, such as the ticket system for use as a Bug Tracker for our projects.

Pros

Ease of use

Cons

While I do think it is a great value, those that have no need for most of the project management features may not see it that way. Regardless, it wouldn't hurt to see the price drop a bit for the overall package, to stay competitive with other services, and then maybe just have a separate service that does not include the project management stuff at all.

Response from Assembla

Replied June 2017

Hi Victor, Thank you for your review! We're glad Assembla was able to help you with your project. We'd love to send you a shirt! Email support@assembla.com with your address and size and we'll send one over. Thanks again! The Assembla Team

Good tool for very small teams

Pros

Rich features Easy to use Easy learning curve

McKay from Provo Canyon School

Industry: Mental Health Care

Fantastic.

Pros

This product helped me and my teammates get projects done fast and easily. I loved the ticket system and the cardwall.

Cons

The UX needed a little bit of revamping. I prefer my apps to be stupid simple. I felt this app was a little more smarter than I wanted.

Sayan from Cognizant

Simple and Great Defect Management tool but lacks some features

Pros

I have used many defect management tools in the past but this one is undoubtedly the best defect management tool. It is easy to use and simple. The defects can be tracked easily.

Cons

There should be some options to manage the requirements as well. It would be very helpful.

Gets the job done

Our company has a large number of ongoing projects with even more milestones in progress at the same time split by teams. Assembla has been helping us have a smooth and uniform process.

Pros

As a developer, the main functions I interacted with are the repository and ticket management. Both are intuitive and easy to use. Particularly the ticket management function which has a very practical layout. You can easily see where each ticket is in the pipeline and the overall status of that particular milestone.

Cons

In the ticket management function, the quick add module view could be slightly wider but this is a personal preference. It's fine as it is now.

Good Look and Functionality

Pros

It features organization in both a technical way with lots of details, as well as visually with customizable sorting options.

Cons

If a label is mistakenly made, there isn't a way to specifically undo it.

Andrew from Bickford Senior Living

Great project management software

Pros

Great views of tracking stories through lanes, as well as the ability to track epics and sprints for our software development process. Software tracks each individual users contributions, and also has a built in wiki to document the project.

Cons

Lanes could not be initially customized, and we didn't like the order of them.

Sanjay from Cohaesus

Awesome app with simplicity for usability

I have ben using assembla since last couple of years and really impressed with how its structured, With every aspect it looks a complete project management tool. Day by day its growing in maturity as well as new features are being introduced which are briliant. Can't ask more than this. User experience is great and all the features given in the tool are easy to use and proper help available to use the tool.

Response from Assembla

Replied June 2017

Hi Sanjay, Thank you for your review! We're glad Assembla was able to help you with your team. We'd love to send you a shirt! Email support@assembla.com with your address and size and we'll send one over. Thanks again! The Assembla Team

Hong Wen from Texas A&M University

Project Management Simplified!

Assembla revolutionized how we did business with a CRM vendor. We were able to log tickets, track them and add resolution to them versus doing the same tasks via email. Prior to Assembla it was confusing to figure out where we left off on a task and sometimes it would be difficult to progress to the next step because we were taking a step back to review prior emails.

Response from Assembla

Replied June 2017

Hi Hong, Thank you for your review! We're glad Assembla helped you do business with a CRM vendor. We'd love to send you a shirt! Please email support@assembla.com with your address and size and we'll send one right over. Thanks again! The Assembla Team

Project tool review only: An outdated step-down from other project tools

Assembla was a tool we used for a short amount of time while I joined my company, but I quickly dropped it and moved to Jira. (frankly after jira updates I wouldn't recommend either for small teams). Assrmbla was basic, offering no reporting as a project tool, and basic scrum options. I would not recommend this to manage your development work flows.

Pros

The ability to see who else was observing a ticket while you were.

Cons

The clumsy implementation of scrum and poor handling of sprints through milestones. The lack of decent work flows and the outdated feel.

Wendy from Saint Louis University

First system used to track changes

We moved to Assembla with a third-party vendor after using just emails to communicate with each other. This elevated our customer service and allowed us to more swiftly tackle issues and to keep on track with our project development.

Pros

Ease of use and tracking of tickets.

Response from Assembla

Replied June 2017

Hi Wendy, Thank you for your review! We're glad Assembla was able to help you with your team. We'd love to send you a shirt! Email support@assembla.com with your address and size and we'll send one over. Thanks again! The Assembla Team

Ankit from Metacube

Assembla great tool for project management

It is very easy to use.cardwall gives clear idea how the project is going on.i t gives git repository as well.i t gives stand up report feature which helps us to give description of what task we have performed on the particular date

Response from Assembla

Replied June 2017

Hi Ankit, Thank you for your review! We're glad Assembla was able to help you with your team. We'd love to send you a shirt! Email support@assembla.com with your address and size and we'll send one over. Thanks again! The Assembla Team

Connor from Allstate

The Workplaces edition shines

One feature away from being the all-around Agile and Distributed team tool but it is still excellent.

Pros

Assembla's Workplace edition really shines because it specifically geared towards agile and distributed teams. Every features is thoughtfully designed to help my team stay on track and improve communication to ship the code faster and more efficient.

Cons

As there is no helpdesk feature, you'll still need to use outside software, but my hope is that this feature is added soon.

Mathias from Oktana

Nice tool, needs to improve UX

It is a nice tool which helps us to work everyday. Having git integrated and scrum is really useful. It would be nice to improve the UX

Pros

Git integration

Cons

UX

Response from Assembla

Replied June 2017

Hi Mathias, Thank you for your review! We're glad Assembla was able to help you with your team. We'd love to send you a shirt! Email support@assembla.com with your address and size and we'll send one over. Thanks again! The Assembla Team

Roni from HRZ Software Services LTD

My best productivity tool.

I moved all our company to assembla after working on a project there. It's now our main dev mgmt tool and I can't imagine our work without it.

Response from Assembla

Replied June 2017

Hi Roni, Thank you for your review! We're glad Assembla was able to help you with your team. We'd love to send you a shirt! Email support@assembla.com with your address and size and we'll send one over. Thanks again! The Assembla Team

Rajesh from Flytxt Mobile Solutions Ltd

Good Product & Value for Money

This product is using by our development team and its managed in a good manner and very user friendly tool.

Response from Assembla

Replied June 2017

Hi Rajesh, Thank you for your review! We're glad Assembla was able to help you with your team. We'd love to send you a shirt! Email support@assembla.com with your address and size and we'll send one over. Thanks again! The Assembla Team

Edward from Wallace Solution, C.A.

A good software for planning projects

It has Sleek design and easy to understand. Assignments and priority are easy to adjust too.

Pros

This software offer a good UI and powerful usability, and have a comprehensive bouquet of all the necessary features.

Cons

The search function did not make sense. Data is not aligned properly and doesn't look pretty good, I think those could be improve.

Reeaz

Yishay from Cloud Cygnus

Ryan from KURU Footwear

October 2015

Kelly from Orange Shine, Inc.

October 2015