Browse Assembla Reviews

Javed from GrayMath Technology

SQA Review

- Good for Agile Development Process - Good for Project Management - Not Suitable for Software Quality Assurance Process

Pros

- Best for Agile Development Process - Good reporting feature - Fully access to administrator - Notification for the task assigned user

Cons

- Expensive as compared to the other project management tools - Customer support is not available 24/7 - Available only for Web App - Mobile Application version is not available - Not suitable for Test Cases management

Strive to be best toolset for development organization

It is ok for smaller teams. It is affordable. Not much of online documentation, but most parts are intuitive.

Pros

It is a cloud based solution and can be accessed from anywhere. Support for protocols like git. It has embedded document management workflow.

Cons

Lack of support for document search. Lack of support for wide adoption among developers. No easy way of project management, bug tracking etc. At the least the versions that we used in the past. No management reports. It serves the basic purpose of source code management with git. No clear support for command line tools and scripting for ci/cd pipelines.

Reasons for Choosing Assembla

It was the first collaboration platform we tried in our previous startup. It worked OK for sometime as long as the team size was small. Soon we realized not many developers were familiar with this platform and became an issue while educating them to bring them onboard.

This is just a horrible experience

Way too many bugs and missing features. It is like a counterfeit of successful products - it looks like there's everything you need, but you have to bend your workflow to make it work. If you are used to quality, you won't find it here. The customer support is quick to respond via chat, but reported issues take weeks to fix and if it is something critical for you, you are just out of luck! It looks like this product does not innovate and if yes, it's in the most basic/cosmetic way.

Pros

Well it does the job, somehow. The integration of all tools under one roof is a good idea.

Cons

Merge requests are useless, since you don't have proper code highlighting. Also, cross-referencing tickets from code is not working well. The ticket management is very poor. The cardwall is difficult to filter and navigate through. User management is sometimes buggy (you invite user and it sends invitation to wrong address, etc.). External tool integration is limited and does not work very well. Exporting data from Assembla is mostly impossible, so you are locked in until you are really fed up with it :).

scott from Corel

Assembla for SVN only

Other than the ridiculous cost its been extremely reliable for the past 7 years we have used it. We've had a couple short outages but they were very brief and got quick attention from their support.

Pros

Reliable SVN Server, pretty fast, easy to manage

Cons

We just use the SVN features, it's ridiculously expensive per person for SVN,.

Reasons for Choosing Assembla

Decided SVN was easier to learn than git for our non technical users

Reasons for Switching to Assembla

The peforce server was managed by a previous company when we were aquired needed to get a new source code server

Robert from Hyland Computer Systems

The Best SVN Repo Out There

Great service (backing up software on the Cloud is a must-have) for the money.

Pros

SVN is arguably the most popular Version Control system out there; and, with tools like VisualSVN and Tortoise (all integrate into Windows and Visual Studio perfectly), it makes perfect sense to use this tool. Highly recommended.

Cons

There was one or two features that were not well-documented and easy to use; but, with the great support Online, they were easily mastered.

Reasons for Choosing Assembla

Because I was already using Visual SVN and Tortoise on my local machine and I was very happy working with this.

Corstiaan from MediaMonks

A one Hub solution that could work a bit faster

It's a solution that has it all but I would welcome an overhaul of UI and backend optimization for speed. It feels like there's a lot of ancient code in there.

Pros

It's a one-hub solution. Everything I need is within reach. Task management and planning in the card-wall of tickets are indispensable.

Cons

Slow: Opening a page or a ticket can sometimes take seconds of looking at a blank page. When used in meeting this is really annoying. Clutter: It lacks options to clean-up. Since I work with it for 10 years I have 150 projects in my view and no way to hide old projects. New projects appear at the bottom of that list, so scrolling galore! Yes, I could go to the project-owner and ask him to archive, but you know how that goes in large companies and I don't have rights to archive so I'm stuck with over 10 years of old projects. GIT: It could use some more optimizations, specially Merge-request handling / canceling, retaining comments etc.

William from Mobophiles, Inc.

Good value and reliable service

Overall, we like the service as the pros far outweigh the few cons.

Pros

You get all the necessary core features (task tracking, source control) in a very reliable service (downtime negligible in >5 years) for a good price.

Cons

Main issue is that their support is lacking. In particular, there is no good way to report an issue other than email, which then isn't being tracked and you'll never even know if they are working on it. One issue that's been annoying us every day: their web pages constantly show an error on bottom right saying "We got disconnected. We'll try to reconnect, or you may reload page". They have yet to fix this after many years despite us complaining about it. Would be much happier if they just suppressed/disabled this message since it's completely useless.

Dan from Athena IT Limited

Great Project Management Tool Unfortunately Super-Seeded

Tracked and version controlled website releases. Easy oversight of website epics, stories and tasks.

Pros

Reliability, I've used Assembla for more than 10 years and I do not recall any significant downtime, sure there were some issues but they were typically resolved within an hour. It does work as a method by which to manage your software development, a repository (SVN or GIT) is built into the solution.

Cons

It's expensive for what it is, it isn't that versatile (for example, you can't modify the status's to customise your status or workflow) and the pricing recently once the ownership changed hands. Depending on your user count, Bitbucket and JIRA may compare more favourably. The application really hasn't continued to evolve that much since I first signed up 10 years ago.

Joe from Luminary Apps LLC

Industry: Broadcast Media

Used to be great, then they got greedy

I used to be a passionate fan. But they turned greedy and evil, so now I am left with nothing but bitterness.

Pros

Assembla is the best project management system I've ever used (and I've used quite a few). Everything integrates so nicely: svn, tickets, wiki, etc. Easy to use and provides everything I need, without getting in my way or wasting my time.

Cons

They got greedy a couple years ago and raised their rates to exorbitant levels. I have been forced to look elsewhere for my PM needs.

Reasons for Choosing Assembla

At the time, they weren't greedy and evil, so I could choose based soley on features and usability.

Reasons for Switching to Assembla

They weren't greedy and evil then. Now ask me why I switched AWAY from Assembla.

Hendra from Mitrais

I started using Assembla two years ago for 18 months daily

I can get information about my task, my priority, sprint, estimated, change, acceptance criteria

Pros

It provides what needed functionalities for collaboration. Like mentioning, notification, workflow, repositories, recent activities. Especially the recent activities, that was the first to go when I opened Assembla. I could find who mentioned me, what card I was following, etc.

Cons

This tool is great for a big team that needs everything in one package. Although it comes with reasonable price, it is still expensive, not my choice for small / starter team.

Jared from Informulate

When GitHub issues just don't work

Overall our experience with Assembla has been positive and it is indispensable to our workflow. While it would be possible to replace it with another product, it would not be without the pain of changing how we work to accommodate the tool.

Pros

Ticketing is critical to our process for managing software project. Assembla has a great list view that allow us to have custom fields for each project. This allows us to create views into projects that sort and filter tickets by criteria meaningful to our stakeholders. Additionally tickets have good support for relationships and some hierarchy. This is in contrast to GitHub or GitLab issues, which offer limited support for sorting and filtering and require a tedious management of tags for everything not provided by default (which isn't much) A project with any serious complexity should consider using Assembla for ticket management.

Cons

The wiki syntax for tickets is non-standard and clunky. Developers use Markdown for every other tool that requires them to write prose. The lack of support for Markdown seems like a fairly large oversight. This becomes especially egregious when developers refuse to learn yet another syntax and just paste markdown into tickets despite the lack of support. Who can blame them. A more minor point is that the various features lack a coherent design language and level of quality. The UI/UX can be fairly different between modules, almost like they were written by different teams or at different eras of web development history. Also the level of quality varies wildly. You will find that some modules are rife with bugs and interface quirks while others operate bug free using modern interface idioms. Overall this makes the product seem lower quality than something more polished like GitHub, despite having a solid core of features needed for real project management.

Reasons for Choosing Assembla

The realtime list. Other products just don't have this same amount of flexibility. This becomes especially obvious when you have accumulated hundreds of tickets over a decade of use.

Roberto from PROMAV SOFTWARE AND APPS

Great collaboration tool

Good.

Pros

It's very easy to create repositories and start to work with your colleagues.

Cons

I had no difficulties. I met assembla in 2012 and have recommended it to others. Collaborative work has made it much easier for me. I only have one problem but it isn't specifically related to Assembla, but with Tortoise Subversion. On files that weight around or more than 25 mb or for a large set of assets, it's very common to fail (more than 90% of times). I have to upload separetely all the files and directories. I know it isn't assembla issue, but maybe you can tweek something or have a conversation with Tortoise SVN support to find the reason. This always happens, since I started to use the tool. Related to this issue, is that if you fail with tortoise, they dont have an automatic try upload or to save the assets it could done from all the bunch, because you have to try again and again and again, unselecting some of them until you have a success upload. This take time and its frustrating. Maybe you can recommend to fix this or to let us know about how to solve or how to use another tool whitout having inconveniences when exporting or migrating. Thanks.

Reasons for Choosing Assembla

It's my first option always.

Andrzej from Solwit S.A

Kanban driven but needs improvements

Pros

Kanban board is one of the most advanced features from the market, it's quite clear and nicely designed. Sometimes drag n drop were rigged but lately i think it got fixed. Github integration should be in price not in higher tier as it's quite used. Wiki pages could be extendend.

Cons

I don't like that there is no emergency line as it should be in Kanban theory. I can't customise priorities Whole board view is horizontal driven i can't do a tree structure and see it from top down. Which is difficult if we need to monitor and organize more then 1 milestone or topics on one board. I can't have a view with 3-4 boards on its , we have 3 or 4 boards per project in a team, and as a team we should have a view which merges all 3-4 boards and allows to plan and organize tasks with the 4 different projects. Excel / google sheets export could be nice - sometimes for overall planning the cards are too heavy and there is too much colors, excel is quite tabular, and with my client we are often using excel beacuse its better for fast and simple view - this could be major enhancemnt to prepare simple view, which would give overall ticket status in form of table with columns

Patrick from Country Care Group

Pricey but excellent and fantastic support

As the end customer, creating work tickets tracking bugs, features in conjunction with my remote development team. They really have streamlined the interface and implemented features that users such as myself require. There are many features of this product that we don't even use (resource tracking, burn downs, Standups) so maybe I shouldn't complain about the price. :)

Pros

- Ease of creating tickets, by pasting in/ uploading documents quickly. - Custom fields which can be searched on, filtered by - this is fantastic in itself as this is a difficult to implement properly, and it works perfectly. - Comment tracking to other team members, and ability to mark read, or even restore them. - Custom views (saved queries) saved for yourself - fantastic - Cardwall gives great overview - Export to CSV if required - Ability to open tickets either into new browser tab (full URL) or open up as modal dialog - both methods are required depending on scenario.

Cons

Probably the price - for our team of 8 our monthly cost is around $US280 - so it's a chunk of money.

Vladimir from High Fusion

Great product, biting prices

Overall experience would have been great, if the company did not keep increasing their prices and changing billing models. In a span of four years my cost increased 500%. The current billing model charges you per user... never mind that the user can exist in multiple teams. Essentially, Assembla can collect fees for the same user from multiple companies. Not all the companies talk to each other, but some do... great business model, for Assembla. Not so great for the end user.

Pros

Ticket management tied it to repositories, easier to use than GitHub system

Cons

Navigation menu that tended to throw links to all the Git repositories on the same level as main menu item. A dropdown with a mega menu for the repositories would have been greatly appreciated. The team did try -there's a mega menu for spill over items and ability to move things around, but it's not enough and implies more work where none should be required.

Reasons for Choosing Assembla

Not sure any longer, moving in a month for GitHub and Wrike

Michal from Resistell AG

Assembla

As an engineer I am satisfied with Assembla reporting capabilities and task tracing. It is helpful to revert/find certain activities for reference.

Pros

For people who work with computer on a daily basis (not programmers) it is good tool to report work and tasks progress. It has nice integration with Slack communicator. There are also other tricks and integrations that IT people can benefit from.

Cons

People who work less on a office-based routine it is harder to report and follow tasks in Assembla (non programmers). While exporting pdfs and attached images are too big files, output file is not clear. It is tricky or impossible to create subspace/subtickets for part-time subcontractors without giving them access to all other tickets in the space/company. You need to spend some time on reporting directly in Assembla (15min minimum) - cos of having things properly reported.

Ashish from LegalXGen Software Solution Pvt Ltd

Managing & Controlling the Code is So Easy with Assembla

It's one of the application which we use for our work has no downtime. Any query raised, is answered in kind of no time.

Pros

Easy to use. Application has very intuitive interface. Fast Speed Reasonable Price Awesome Support

Cons

1. Though, the User Interface is interactive, but, if some change reports are introduced, should be helpful.

Cost Effectiveness and Earlier Trust

Josip from TestDome

Assembla Review

Pros

It has deep integration of source control system with their project management tool so you can track commits using the same view/page that you use for tracking ticket comments.

Cons

Assembla was acquired by some other company and the first thing they did is to raise the price. In short time, from one of the cheapest products, they become one of the most expensive products. And that change was very fast and ugly; I remember that we needed to add just one additional member to the team and they said to us that we are on legacy plan, and that we need to move to their standard plan, and pay something like 5-10X more for the same service. Instead of paying more, we moved to Jira :-)

Steffano from chance6

honest opinion

Even with its flaws it's a good option over git and svn, it has a nice webapp to help you keep track of the project and source files.

Pros

It seems very secure, and I love the fact that you can see which files others have checked out, that's huge thing when working with a big team.

Cons

It's super slow when you need to revert files or when you added 2k files to a submit queue and you decide not to move forward with the submit. That will take a lot of time and it's really annoying. One last thing is that is a pain in the ass for new users especially for artists to setup perforce, perforce should have automated tools to setup your workspace, like a wizard to ask you about the basics. Having to open the command to type manual commands is not intuitive.

Reasons for Switching to Assembla

Wanted to try something new that would maybe be better than the old solutions

ximena from envato

Industry: Animation

Slow and inconvenient

It has been not as good, the tool is slow and more like an old management tool. Also, the customer service is not very good. We had to report all manager for a whole week the same problem to get a follow up for the problem. For a whole week, all of our teams couldn't see the missing info on tickets, it was a waste of our time and resources.

Pros

The Kaban and list view are convenient. Being able to add options to tickets are also good for management, and the prioritization set is good too. The way the tickets keep track of the dates and hours of every change in the ticket is really good. And the relationships you can build between tickets is good too.

Cons

A don't like many things about this software, the main thing is that Is too hard to plan long-term using it. Also is hard to have access to quantitative reports. To keep all my information accurate and easy to access I use Airtable to organize the information I have on Assembla. Because Assembla is too slow and too hard to get reports from it. Everyone at my office does the same thing of using another tool to interpret and organize the info we have on Assembla. I think a Gantt view would help and a view more likely to excel in which you could add and edit tickets faster. It would be great if you could build features for the admins to build their own statistics and reports. And features to automate some actions on tickets.

Reasons for Choosing Assembla

Same reason that Airtable is easiest to use and personalize.

Reasons for Switching to Assembla

Because is easiest to use and to build your own reports, charts, customizations, formulas, fields, and automatizations to get, update, and register all info.

Matthew from Parade Technologies, Inc

Industry: Semiconductors

Rally

Pretty good.

Pros

Performance is great. ---------------------------

Cons

Web Navigation could have some tips and tricks.

Reasons for Switching to Assembla

I started with a new company.

Erik from Yard Freaks

Assembla brings us closer together!

The team at Yard Freaks have had a great experience with using Assembla as a project management tool. We are able to view and keep track of our current and past projects. Share our process and keep in communication with each other. Plus having the wiki section and being able to download them as a PDF is a nice touch.

Pros

The team can easily view their trackable tickets. The card wall is a nice drag and drops feature that makes it quick and easy to stay organized.

Cons

Having a desktop notification pop-up when you receive a new ticket/updated ticket would be an awesome feature to have.

Response from Assembla

Replied June 2017

Hi Erik, Thank you for your review! We're glad Assembla was able to help you with your team. We'd love to send you a shirt! Email support@assembla.com with your address and size and we'll send one over. Thanks again! The Assembla Team

June from Sysmax Limited

Useful Tool but can be fustrating

keeping track of tickets when we have a number of teams with some floating individuals.

Pros

It works well to keep track to issues as well as our code

Cons

It is clunky. Slow to load in paces, would like to be able to keep one ticket open if I need to work on a second ticket at the same time, the filters do not always work. It is not intuitive, have to go hunting for features

Reasons for Choosing Assembla

it was recommended by one of the development team who had used it in the past, we tried it out and it allowed us to track our tickets so we stuck with it.

Great Project Management tool for Software Development

Very positive on Assembla. We have used Assembla for 5+ years. The new enhancements are great. Really appreciate how Assembla listens to their clients feedback and takes action(s) on their recommendations.

Pros

We like Assembla for it's collaboration amongst our team members spread all over the world. It provides real time metrics for our developers. We have had several other firms attempt to lure us away from Assembla.

Cons

The development team likes the ability to set up quick Sprints, allocate team members to specific tasks, and have all documents contained in one centralized system.

Aaron from Ingomoney

Overall Awesome Product

We use Assembla for all our source control needs for multiple projects The markdown syntax for the WIKI is super useful Love the File storage interface Overall this its a well thought of product with good support and really good up time.

Pros

Good SVN Support for Source Code Clean Interface WIKI File Storage Up Time

Cons

Not faced any recently, so NONE!

Response from Assembla

Replied June 2017

Hi Aaron, Thank you for your review! We're glad Assembla was able to help you with your team. We'd love to send you a shirt! Email support@assembla.com with your address and size and we'll send one over. Thanks again! The Assembla Team

Ninoo from Totalogistix

Industry: Information Services

Worst Customer Service

Pros

The softwar has been good for years . Though no major updates :)

Cons

Your customer service is really really pathetic. I understand you guys are trying to put in some system in place. But people just keep "circling back" with more like automated messages. They literally use that phraseand just keep circling back. They dont really give proper solutions. We have paid and still we get emails asking if it is paid . Seriously pathetic

randy from marketouch media

Assembla

Pros

Task management is our favorite feature. Some users utilize Cardwall and other project tracking tools. But primarily task assignment and tracking.

Cons

We always need better ways to document processes. The Wiki provided does not sufficiently serve that purpose. Perhaps it is the limited formatting for complex heirarchical work. Not sure. Other team members use Confluence and claim it to work better for documentation.

Alperen from 3T Software Labs

Nice and smooth running product

Pros

It is important for us to track cardwall on each milestone that we aim. In that regard, viewing/drag&drop on the cardwall is the most used part in this product.

Cons

I miss the ticket templates in this product as I prefer to have the option to create a ticket template and don't have to write the same stuff over and over again. Our colleague sent a request I assume 2 years ago but still that feature is not there to use.

James from Heart Rhythm Society

Much better than other Project management tools

The Best ticketing system that I have ever used. Sleek design, easy to understand. Assignments and priority are easy to adjust. Drag and drop cardwall

Pros

Awesome tool that helps me communicate with developers.

Response from Assembla

Replied June 2017

Hi James, Thank you for your review! We're glad Assembla was able to help you with your team. We'd love to send you a shirt! Email support@assembla.com with your address and size and we'll send one over. Thanks again! The Assembla Team

Roxanna from InVogue Inc.

Organized year round

I was new to Assembla and learned how to use the program very quickly and easily. I love the use of related child and parent tickets to break down tasks to make them more manageable to keep things organized. I often use the basic coding functions to make text bold or underlined or make lists so users can read the tickets easily. Assembla really helps my team stay organized and assigned projects and tasks.

Pros

VERY easy to use and learn. Child/Parents tickets are great.

Cons

I wish there was a desktop notification when there is an update to a ticket I follow. this would help more than email notifications for me.

Response from Assembla

Replied June 2017

Hi Roxanna, Thank you for your review! We're glad Assembla was able to help you with your team. We'd love to send you a shirt! Email support@assembla.com with your address and size and we'll send one over. Thanks again! The Assembla Team

José Paulo from Pi Soluções

Excelent Platform

Assembla is a great platform that helps me on software development. I reached Assembla when I was looking for a reliable SVN server. Besides that, Assembla provides lots of tools that turns easier manage our software projects. My team is very happy using Assembla

Pros

Easy to use.

Response from Assembla

Replied June 2017

Hi José Paulo, Thank you for your review! We're glad Assembla was able to help you with your team. We'd love to send you a shirt! Email support@assembla.com with your address and size and we'll send one over. Thanks again! The Assembla Team

Billy from Invogue Inc

Would recommend to anyone that works on more than 1 tasks

I love assembla. It helps me keeps track of what tasks are more important. Lets me know what needs to be done and when it needs to be done at a moments glance.

Pros

I like that I can see everything that is going on from the stream view without having to spend too much time.

Cons

The only cons about assembla is when you have a ticket open and if someone updates it, it constantly flashes, can get distracting.

Response from Assembla

Replied June 2017

Hi Billy, Thank you for your review! We're glad Assembla was able to help you with your team. We'd love to send you a shirt! Email support@assembla.com with your address and size and we'll send one over. Thanks again! The Assembla Team

Good tool for project management

This is a good tool for smaller teams, but I would like if they didn't raise their prices so much.

Pros

I like how you get all your tasks and your code repo in one place. Also, Assemble makes it easy to communicate with your team members with in-built mentions and there ability to reference other tasks or code commits. I also really like preview option before you post your comment.

Cons

I don't like that they've changed their pricing model. We needed to add 1 additional team member, and we needed to switch to much more expensive model.

Guy from Quarem

Simple, Intuitive, and Collaborative

An incredible tool for our software development. Simple to use and a great collaborative tool. I highly recommend this as a great PM tool.

Pros

Simple to use and a great collaborative tool for our global employees.

Cons

Nothing

Response from Assembla

Replied June 2017

Hi Guy, Thank you for your review! We're glad Assembla was able to help you with your team. We'd love to send you a shirt! Email support@assembla.com with your address and size and we'll send one over. Thanks again! The Assembla Team

Priyanka from Pinaki Technologies

Assembla - A powerful code management tool

Code & Document management, version control. Ease of access . Maintenance of code

Pros

We've used Assembla for managing our code and document repository. The advantage of it being integrated with SVN and GIT makes it really easy to manage our repo. The ability of an a repository to integrate with other tools is an added advantage. Secure and cost effective.

Cons

Would like to see a tool primarily to support repository operations on IOS, that's one piece which is required.

Response from Assembla

Replied June 2017

Hi Priyanka, Thank you for your review! We're glad Assembla helped you managed your code and document repositories. We'd love to send you a shirt! Email support@assembla.com with your address and size and we'll send one over. Thanks again! The Assembla Team

Ray from Marketouch Media

Feature Rich and Powerful

I primarily use Assembla to manage tickets and host documentation via wiki.

Pros

Assembla is the most versatile project/task management tool I've used. While there is a bit of a learning curve (as with any tool), the layout is fairly intuitive.

Cons

It's a minor issue, but formatting text in the Wiki and tickets can be a challenge.

Filipe from Engineering and Innovation

Assembla review

Great value for the everyday work trust and always on

Pros

This software is esay to use compatible with any SVN client Get your code/project in any place on any device, just checkout and work or review

Cons

At moment this software has all i need to develop my code and mantain it revisions

Reasons for Choosing Assembla

In general I trust more on Assembla to secure my code

Ash from In Vogue Inc

In my experience, Assembla is a very easy application to use. I like how you can organize your ticket view to however you want to experience the app. I usually filter it so it only shows tickets assigned to myself so I don't get lost in other people's information. Overall, I would definitely recommend Assembla to someone looking for a productivity tool for the workplace.

Pros

Organization of ticket view, ability to share information with colleagues, and ease of use.

Cons

I wish it had a multiple image upload rather than having to drag the image into the comment box.

Response from Assembla

Replied June 2017

Hi Ash, Thank you for your review! We're glad Assembla was able to help you with your team. We'd love to send you a shirt! Email support@assembla.com with your address and size and we'll send one over. Thanks again! The Assembla Team

Eric from Sniderware

Industry: Computer Games

Much more expensive than Github

Pros

It works well and originally the price was great

Cons

The company raised the price on my account multiple times without ever communicating with me. At the end they were charging me 7 times the price of github. I can get the same features from tithing for over a year for the price of two months at Assembla. :(

Good product, but a little pricey

Overall, we've been happy with Assembla, other than the pricing. It is easy to link from one area of a project to another and user management is a breeze.

Pros

The integration of wikis, git repos, and a ticketing system all in one product offering is pretty convenient; and user management is straightforward. Our new employees have been able to jump right in without a lot of training.

Cons

The pricing is a little high compared to other product offerings.

Heather from ConnectedView

Easy to use for a business user

Pros

I am not a technical person, but I am easily able to log issues and track them through to completion with our technical team.

Cons

I initially struggled with how to add custom fields and add to the dropdown values, but I was able to figure that out after spending some time looking.

Response from Assembla

Replied June 2017

Hi Heather, Thank you for your review! We're glad Assembla was able to help you with your team. We'd love to send you a shirt! Email support@assembla.com with your address and size and we'll send one over. Thanks again! The Assembla Team

Moeen from GenITeam Solutions

Need more Project Management reporting & Visual appealing interface

Pros

Simplicity is good with few handy options.

Cons

Should consider Gantt chart & release management features from Jira & other portals. we are gaming company so we wish your interface to be uplifted & soon we will share you something interested based on your own Assembla.

Elizabeth from Region of Peel

Assembla makes it easy

Pros

Easy to track progress of assigned work, I was able to track work, provide comments in the tracking tool instead of using email.

Cons

There is a cost for each user, which limited the number the roles that were provided access to this tool

Mariusz from ASC LTD

Good service deteriorated into cash grab

It was good while it lasted. Gone and not coming back.

Pros

Solid fundamentals, easy to onboard new users, it has all necessary features.

Cons

"All coupons have been discontinued" as an excuse for cancelling a 5 years old agreement and hiking price by 300%.

Andrew from DWC Software Ltd. Co.

Industry: Computer Games

A great online source control for projects

A great software to use for source control on your projects.

Pros

Assembla is great at managing large digital projects, not only within an office, but also when working with people remotely. Assembla's source control functionality is what you expect, but I also really like their ticket system when projects can be defined in a very goal oriented way and then tracked through their life.

Cons

The price is good for small teams, but once the team starts to get bigger, or you add people who won't be permanent, but you need them added for a short time, it can start to get pricey.

Iris from Oktana

assembla review

Pros

The product is easy to use, the most important feature that I use everyday is the the Tickets and Wiki sections. The cardwall view is excellent

Cons

You cannot edit a time enter (the time tab in a ticket page)

martin from Gencon

Feels Kind of Old

It's a simple tool that is overly complex to use.

Pros

Task management in the application is simple and effective.

Cons

The UI is bizarre and very old-fashioned. The software feels like it was designed in 2011. There is no tight integration with Github, which is a clear deficiency of Assembla. It is also VERY chatty and seems to send email about everything.

Ashok from Cassini Systems Pvt.Ltd

Review from QA Perspective

Very Good Experience

Pros

->Issue Tracking ->Filters ->Custom Fields ->Activity Stream

Cons

Integration to other Software, assembla not providing us the export file in the required formats

Kim from 4castplus

Critical part of our business, highly valued

Very good - would highly recommend

Pros

Easy to use, great visibility into where everything is at.

Cons

It can be a bit glitchy at times, but issues are resolved quickly.

Sureshkumar from TOTALogistix

Awesome......

Pros

I am a using Assembla for more than 6 years. Everything is awesome except cost and support. ;)

Cons

Support. Cost is huge but we get a discount. :)