• icon"It is so nice to have everything work together and to be able to do things from other programs. Super plusses for any company that gives educational discounts."
  • icon"It is a simple to understand design and very easy to navigate. The most important things you'll be looking at are easy to find on your home screen, and the navigation is very intuitive."
  • icon"I like the auto-tagging of JIRA issues with code commits on PR. The bare minimum requirement for a functional version-control system is fulfilled."
  • icon"Sometimes errors can be seen and have to be solved with some weird workarounds, but that could be due to administration too."
  • icon"If you don't know where and how exactly configure it you will be completely lost on it."
  • icon"Sometimes I felt the UI was not very intuitive and sometime it was even hard to make a simple action as creating a branch or deleting a branch, those little things slowly crawl up and makes you tired."

Browse all Bitbucket Reviews

• Have you used Bitbucket and would like to share your experience with others?

Showing 1 - 25 of 1,108 reviews

Zach

Company size: 2 - 10 employees

Great option for private repositories

Silas

Complete Tool

Pros

It has everything we need for code management and continuous programming.

Cons

Some bugs in the business version, but nothing that changes the experience.

Amar

Best Code Source Control Tool

Pros

BitBucket is the best tool for managing code repository in cloud. - Bitbucket offers integration with other tools like Jira - Tracking of Branch repository, commit history - Pull request management - easily clone code in any machine - great code Access permission management - CI/CD with bitbucket quite easy , i personally done with Android automation build creation

Cons

- Sometime App password for pushing code is not working at very first time with App Password. - if repository size is about to exceed 2 GB space, then user should get intimation that you are about to exceeding 2 GB space.

Sunil

September 2022

A complete source code management tool to manage codebase of any scale

Overall really great experience barring the slow load times of the bitbucket UI. If you already use Jira then it is really good to have bitbucket as your source code management tool because of the ease of tagging a Jira ticket with a commit.

Pros

Bitbucket has very attractive pricing compared to the rivals. Other than cheaply priced and its integration with other atlassian products, it has very granular level access control defined which becomes very useful as the number of developers within the organisation grows and read/write, creating release branches, merging to master etc. becomes very critical to the workflows.

Cons

Bitbucket web experience could have much better in my opinion. The web pages load times are very high and a takes lot of time load pages. Also merging a PR in the bitbucket web is slow. Overall the web ui responsiveness can be improved a lot.

Reasons for choosing Bitbucket

Since all the version control providers had the set of baseline features we were looking for, pricing of bitbucket and its seamless integration with other atlassian products like Jira and Confluence.

Andrea

A VCS in the middle

Pros

It offers a lot of integrations with external tools, it is well-supported and the PR review is not so bad

Cons

It lacks a lot of functionality compared with the other vendors. Sometimes is broken and the UI is not so user frendly

Simple SCM Tool

Overall Bitbucket is good, earlier I used to perform all my changes in code using Bitbucket only. The best part is Bitbucket allows to integrate with JIRA and confluence so that we can easily track the progress of work.if you are a beginner I would really suggest you to go through with Bitbucket without a single thought. Bitbucket is only a source code management tool but GitHub performs as source code management as well as CI tool so for experienced person/user, Bitbucket will not do everything. I used Bitbucket more than 2 years and I can say my overall experience is good with Bitbucket, its up to users what features they want accordingly they can choose.

Pros

Bitbucket is a good version control system, one can easily create branches, delete branches, commit code, merge code and many more. For a beginner it's a good tool to learn about git and to do practice. The advantage of Bitbucket is you can integrate it with project management tools such as JIRA, also you integrate Bitbucket with CI/CD tools such as Jenkins that is the most likeable feature of Bitbucket. Bitbucket is free for single user, so one can do practice easily during learning phase.

Cons

Prices are bit high for paid version, Bitbucket provide free version to only <=5 employees, for companies with more than five employees Bitbucket does not provide free service. Also Bitbucket features are outdated as compare to GitHub, GitHub provides lot of extra features as compare to Bitbucket. Sometimes while switching from one section to other Bitbucket was slow.

Reasons for switching to Bitbucket

Because GitHub performs as source code management tool as well as CI that's why I switched to GitHub. Also GitHub provides lot of additional feature and it's cheaper than Bitbucket.

Oussama

April 2022

Bitrix24 user experience

First of all I want to thank the organizers of Bitrix24 because they do an excellent job of providing a great service to entrepreneurs and different companies, I can describe my experience with it as great compared to the other alternatives available. Bitrix24 provides distinctive and beautiful backgrounds, but I think that providing the option to add images as backgrounds would be an excellent step, so that companies and entrepreneurs can put their company's images or logos in the background, and this enhances the sense of belonging. - As a final point, I think that this type of application needs a kind of suggestion program in artificial intelligence, for example, there are many companies that need employees with certain characteristics, such as an application programmer, so Bitrix24 suggests a group of users on LinkedIn who meet the appropriate conditions. This applies to real estate, Delivery services, canning services, .... All that the company and the entrepreneur needs, this point can be worked on in the long term by investing more in DEEP LEARNING

Pros

One of the most prominent points that you answered me about is that it is easy to use, its interface (reception) is simple and it offers multiple options for entering and registering email facebook or number phone ...other It also supports many operating systems, whether mac or windows, and is available for android and ios

Cons

- The application does not support the Arabic language, I am sure that adding the Arabic language will provide many users in the Arab world Having a clock showing the time on the front of the site. I think it is advisable to add a reminder of today’s date directly below it. This will be excellent, especially since the pressure of work leads many users to forget dates and make mistakes in appointments.

Reasons for switching to Bitbucket

Because Britix24 provides a better experience and allows me to manage my team more effectively

Lee

October 2022

Store and manage all your projects

Overall, BitBucket is great, especially when it's linked up to it's other products, such as JIRA and SourceTree

Pros

Version control has a big learning curve, some people pick it up straight away, others don't - and this is where BitBucket shines, it's a fantastic user interface, especially for those that struggle with working with version control.

Cons

It is lacking a few features, which we've been promised are coming, so hoping these features arrive soon.

Reasons for switching to Bitbucket

Ease of use and ability to have unlimited private repositories for free on BitBucket

June 2022

Let me control all my projects with ease

We use Bitbucket for private and public projects. It's great for small teams and organizations with little or no experience with GIT

Pros

Easy to use, great integrations with desktop in Linux and Windows, several users available in the free tier.

Cons

Pricing could be tricky. Delete or rollback could be complicated.

Reasons for choosing Bitbucket

We already use other atlassian products, and it fitted right on our ecosystem

Reasons for switching to Bitbucket

Git is simpler, BitBucket is even more friendly

Rishad

October 2022

One of the best version control tool

We're using Bitbucket for more than 8 years. We selected bitbucket because it has free plans and supports private repo with the free plans. Once the company started growing, we purchased paid plan because it has additional features like rule & permission settings. It is very important with a larger team. Another important thing we liked is the integration with Jira. Software tester can report issues to Jira, and the development team can create a new branch for fixing/creating issues/features.

Pros

Easy to integrate with existing projects. Because it is based on the git version control system. So no bitbucket-specific tool is required. This makes it easier to set up a development system.

Cons

Sometimes, we experienced issues when creating PR. This is usually due to their server issue. But they inform the status by mail (if we subscribed)

Reasons for choosing Bitbucket

it has free plans and supports private repo with the free plans

June 2022

Great online source code repository

My overall experience with BitBucket, our team gets the job done well an we collaborate well on code and projects thanks to it.

Pros

I like the ease of using BitBucket. The user interface is very intuitive and straightforward.

Cons

I don't have anything I don't like about BitBucket.

Reasons for switching to Bitbucket

We wanted to move to a private source code management tool without costing us too much.

October 2022

Very good version control system by Atlassian

- Using Bitbucket is a wonderful experience especially if you desire to fully transition your tools to Atlassian suite. It is worth giving it a try since the workflow is simple and the functionality is also robust- I have tried using Bitbucket in managing the team's source code so I can also endorse and recommend Bitbucket for you to do the same tasks and more- I would also suggest if you integrate it to Sourcetree to maximize the functionalities of both when combined

Pros

- As this is created by Atlassian, I love the fact that you can do so much more under the Atlassian suite- Since the test management tool and the bug tracking tool that I have been using is made by Atlassian, Bitbucket can be seamlessly integrated to it -- especially Jira- The UI is very uniform to the Atlassian's design- Bitbucket is very minimalist and the functionality is pretty straightforward as well- The workflow is not so hard to understand so you can transition very easily if you have previously used other git software- Bitbucket can be integrated to Sourcetree which is another Git GUI brought by Atlassian

Cons

- The design of the UI is kind of intimidating when used for the first time, especially if you are used to components-rich and colorful git tool

Reasons for switching to Bitbucket

Change of company; hence, change of technology

Steve

Awesome source control

Pros

It's very easy to setup and use. It's use Git behind the scene so you can use a lot of tools to connect to it.

Cons

I think that this software is too perfect so I don't have anything to say negatively about it.

Reasons for switching to Bitbucket

It's more easy and stable than Helix in our case.

Jens Olaf

September 2022

Bitbucket: Best bid for no buck

Seamless, all worked as expected, clean user interface. Only the git client for Windows/Mac, SourceTree, is not as good as most commercial products. Go with Fork instead, for example.

Pros

Best of all is that the free plan comes with all options I need as a freelance programmer. I can host and share my repos and get invited to other person's or team's repos. The help files and docs are also quite good.

Cons

The gold standard in the (open) source code community still is GitHub.

Reasons for choosing Bitbucket

Because it was completely free and had the most options included in this free plan. It was also recommended to me by some team.

Navneet

The bitbucket review

My overall experience with bitbucket was okay.

Pros

We used to use bitbucket to manage our code base. We and other teams on our project used to use bitbucket. It is user-friendly and easy to use,

Cons

There are no cons of using bitbucket but surely there are a bit fewer features than other tools out there in the market.

Reasons for switching to Bitbucket

It is much easier to use and has much more features that we can use.

Sahil

Industry: Information Services

Bitbucket Honest Review

Bitbucket is an amazing tool that is very useful for developers and I strongly recommend it to other developers also.

Pros

The collaboration tool, the suggestive IDE, and the clean user interface of the software, which helps me to stay focussed on my tasks are the best features of this software.

Cons

The software creates issues while working macOS, especially while deploying iOS code, and it should be rectified for Apple developers.

Reasons for switching to Bitbucket

Because bitbucket offered a better user interface

September 2022

Good choice if already in Atlassian software ecosystem

BitBucket worked absolutely fine for my needs when I used it for small to medium software projects with clients. I personally did not use the CI features back then so I cannot comment on them.

Pros

Owned by Atlassian, BitBucket is nicely integrated with their other offerings such as JIRA which is another tool popular for software development in teams.

Cons

Unfortunately, GitHub is the absolute leader for this type of service and therefore everyone is familiar with it. This makes BitBucket a more difficult choice.

Reasons for choosing Bitbucket

At the time, BitBucket unlike GitHub offered unlimited free private repositories and other nice bonus features for free and lower tier plans. When GitHub got acquired by Microsoft and changed their pricing, it was an obvious choice for me because of GitHub's popularity and ease of use.

Christopher

Industry: Outsourcing/Offshoring

It works

As a code repository it is adequate, it serves my day to day needs and the integration with our other services works well. I couldn't speak to how easy or difficult that was to setup as I wan't involved.

Pros

I find it useful how easily it integrates with Jira

Cons

- I do not like the diff tool, it's not intuitive and (on our instance maybe) it is not possible to do a diff of anything other than another branch. The diff is also only a merge view. No one on the team much likes the diff tool in Bitbucket and we're moving away from Bitbucket soon. - The PR conflict resolution tip is bad though, it bypasses the Merge checks and is a brute force approach that shouldn't be advocated.

Sam

November 2022

A sturdy and reliable option for managing a GIT repo

My main piece of software used when managing repos and source control. As I only use the free tier, I cant really argue with the features or the software itself and it keeps my cowboy code as neat as it can! Ha!

Pros

The GUI is pretty easy to use and most features are easy to find through the multiple menubars and dashboards.

Cons

There are janky moments were the GUI has issues or just dies completely. This happens much less regularly recently. But it is worth noting. I also am not a fan of the pipelines, as compared to the other features its a bit behind other companies

Reasons for switching to Bitbucket

At the time I switched because private repos were not free on Github.

Meraz

August 2022

A Brilliant Code Management Tool

I have used a variety of repository management platforms over my career, and Bitbucket offers one of the simplest and cleanest options. The ecosystem they provide and the integration with their other goods are incredible. It makes managing repositories, tasks, and monitoring simple, keeping everyone in the company informed about the progress of their product development.

Pros

Simple to utilize when integrating CI/CD with automation pipeline technologies like Jenkins. The issue tracker and branch comparison views are both great. Project labels and milestones may also be created. Jira integration allows you to monitor the pull request from that platform. It also offers some nice third-party software integrations. You may import from SourceForge, SVN, Git, and more. Additionally, if you need to search for a certain item in the repository, I enjoy the search possibilities. Additionally, you may build your own wiki. To commit my code, I use this together with SourceTree (another Atlassian product). Excellent compatibility with other Atlassian applications.One of Bitbucket's biggest advantages is how well it integrates with all of Atlassian's other products, including Jira and Confluence.

Cons

The hook system needs an extra plugin to be controllable and easy. Additionally, I had hoped to find methods to quickly download diff patches and a simple method for obtaining LOC information from pull requests, both of which are currently lacking. In addition to this, a few other reporting tools for executives may be used to assess the productivity of developers, etc.

Simone

August 2022

Our Git and CI/CD environment of choice

Bitbucket is in charge of most of our Git repositories, and we barely had a problem in 10 years. Recommended.

Pros

The product is quite easy to use, tough user and project management on different projects can be a little confusing. Widely used and integrated with a lot of external services. I especially liked the seamless integration with Vercel to publish NexstJs projects without any problem - usually quite hard to configure. Free tier gives you a lot of space and options, nobody else does.

Cons

Account management could be improved. The border between free tier and payment version is not always easy to understand.

Reasons for choosing Bitbucket

Free tier gives you more options and space. Paying options still very competitive.

Abhinav