• Pros

• "It's super easy to use without any compromise on complexity."

• "- easy to use - beautiful interface - highly customizable - great support - fair pricing"

• "The UI is very good and makes it very easy to build you custom CI pipelines. It's also very fast and reliable. The support is also good, and they are open to feedback. "

• Cons

• "It's expensive. It's worth every penny, but its still a lot of pennies to pay every month for a small team / freelancer. There is a free plan, but you'll quickly hit the 120 builds per month limit."

• "It can be expensive if you need a lot of parallel jobs running. The support with the devs is not 24/7."

• "Sometimes it slows down but it's not that big of a deal."

Browse Buddy Reviews

Doug from Built Well Studio

A must-have automation tool for the non-IT professional

Overall my experience has been absolutely amazing. I have been able to deploy multiple technology stacks to multiple different environments, integrate PHP unit testing, check my applications' up-time, all while viewing everything in a single interface. Buddy has numerous 1st-party integrations to various platforms and tools to get you started very quickly. But what I have found invaluable is the tools that are made available for developers to create/customize their own integrations via cURL or SSH.

Pros

Buddy makes automation easy for developers who are not IT administrators. Unlike that of some of the other automation platforms, the available presets and hints that each pipeline comes with allows you to develop and customize your deployments and testing with very little learning curve. I would say that I love the user-interface and user-experience the most. The visual representations and animations make the tool feel more complete and polished than some of the competitors.

Cons

Unfortunately I would say that I like least is the cost. As both a full-time developer and a freelance developer, Buddy can provide services to developers of all disciplines. However as a freelance developer who sometimes has to work on a pretty strict budget, some of the entry-level pricing tiers can be a bit steep on a monthly basis.

Reasons for Choosing Buddy

I chose Buddy because of their "slick interface" and their customer service. I have had a great relationship with their customer service who are prompt and very knowledgable of their craft.

Daniel from Artisans Collaborative

Buddy Works

It just works. With very little setup and maintenance the solution just works. Features are intuitive, controls are plenty, and the UI is beautiful. I started with the free self-hosted version, and have continued with both the cloud and self-hosted on various teams. The various price points are great for getting the entire Git workflow organized for your team.

Pros

- The filesystem access to debug builds and their artifacts - The Dockerized containers for each action that share the filesystem - The many ready to go actions that can be added to any pipeline - The ability to have multiple pipelines running on a given project - The ability to tag and organize repositories into folders

Cons

- Requires a lot of memory for the self-hosted variant - Inability to use slashes to group repositories under namespaces

Reasons for Choosing Buddy

Better UI, simpler setup, self-hosted version, price.

Sumith from Permeance Technologies

Best CI on Cloud platform.

Overall its a great tool to integrate CI and since everything is connected very well, it can do magic during the complex deployment process.

Pros

Its very easy to set it up and get it going. My favourite is the UI.

Cons

There is no proper documentation or training videos on this tool. Though its easy to setup some part of it, sometimes its really hard to find the help and configure something custom.

Reasons for Choosing Buddy

Since its cloud based and very well presented UI. Easy to setup.

Angel from Cobuild Lab Inc

Silver bullet for automating CI/CD

Love the tool definitely, Github Actions is getting there, but not even close yet. 100% recommended.

Pros

The integrations is by far the best feature of Buddy. it connects you with literally everything, Amazon, Google, Github, Slack, etc, etc, etc On top of that it allows you to run literally anything in their cloud.

Cons

Not so much about the pricing structure, I'm paying $200 and it seems that I could get more

Integrate with Github super easily. The UI with the integrations rocks

Oliver from Si digital

Rock solid

Buddy couldn't have come sooner for us. It has solved all of our problems and now allows us to deploy in a variety of complexities in no time at all.

Pros

- Very regular software updates, adding great new features all of the time - Decent UI that allows us to do everything we need. YAML configuration available to those who don't want it - Sensibly priced, self hosted option for those who want to keep it in-house - Good integration with all of the tools we use and more

Cons

- We have to manually renew our LetsEncrypt SSL through the CLI tool on the server - Hardware requirements can be a little high if using Docker, but that's more of a Docker problem than Buddy

CI/CD made easy

People usually complain about paying for something they can make themselves. Buddy has freed up a lot of time for everyone in the organization by removing the technical skill and knowledge of Buddy configuration. The time saved is WORTH every penny!

Pros

The UX is so simple yet so powerful that anyone can create pipelines. Even our non-technical users understands the software and create pipelines to automate their needs from the code.

Cons

The cap of concurrent runs is set to 4 on self-hosted. Even though the wait time is pretty low, it's still annoying when we deploy large amount of microservices.

Reasons for Choosing Buddy

If Gitlab or Jenkins had such a nice UI/UX and customer service, I'd re-evaluate. As of now, Buddy is hands down one of the best service I've used money on.

Josh from The Glasshouse Project

Indispensable tool

Pros

We used DeployBot for the longest time but we just had so many inexplicable issues and frustratingly timed downtime along with slow response times. Buddy has wiped the floor on all of these points. It takes a much more user focussed approach to deployment, giving you all the bits and pieces needed to construct a deployment/build system exactly how you need it. The way DB dictated a build system to us previously worked OK for us, but with Buddy you can achieve the same approach and so much more (or less if needed) just by virtue of it giving you complete control over every step. If you wanted to you could use it for other kinds of automation based on repos, for example we have a repo used for running checks on a live Magento database where data issues are not entirely uncommon — this pipeline runs checks there and notifies us if it finds something wrong. Love Buddy, and we'll never be looking back.

Cons

There are some minor edge case features I'd like to see, it doesn't tick every single possible box, but this is really so minor as whatever I'm referring to can be achieved somehow with thought.

Joe from AbleMods LLC

Details matter

I use Buddy to manage break-fix software deployments around the globe from various code repositories.

Pros

You won't find a DevOps cloud service that offers as many supported operations, actions and events as Buddy. I use their systems daily and have been thrilled with how well it works. When a tech issue arises, their support has been absolutely stellar even when the issue was my fault and nothing to do with their systems.

Cons

There just isn't any reason not to use these guys

Rodrigo from Eleven Financial Research

Powerful tool

I was responsible to always compare the code before applying on production and BuddyWorks allows me to save time every day. Your interface is beautiful and easy to use. With a few clicks, you can create powerful pipelines.

Pros

BuddyWorks allows us to create useful pipeline. You can even pipeline with approbation and testing.

Cons

Maybe some aspects of the interface. The cards from each project are too big. If these cards would be smaller I could see all my projects and groups without scrolling the windows.

Reasons for Choosing Buddy

I choose BuddyWorks because it is easier to use and I didn't need to know much about infrastructure.

Patrick from OnBrand

Awesome DevOps tools with great flexibility

Great customer support when I started using it, I got guided through a few complex setup steps. When I first started playing with it to feasibility test I had a really complex approach, further reading into the docs allowed me to build a single 5 action pipeline that eliminated approximately 15 manual touch points on the previously deployment process we had.

Pros

This is ridiculously easy to use and build very complex pipelines for CI deployments. It has saved huge amounts of dev ops time for use and allows for some quite niche commands to run when we trigger deployments.

Cons

Nothing really, I think the price points are very fair for the time it saves, they have a good response rate to support requests and are helpful.

Reasons for Choosing Buddy

I really dig the clean UI, it's very easy to play around with and gets super simple to use in no time at all.

Easy way to get a business up and running with a build tool

Since that the javascript world started almost requiring a build process to keep up to date with the language while supporting older browsers, our company struggled to integrate this in our daily work. So we started looking for build tools for a company that hasn't used any before and many developers who didn't really knew what it was. Buddy being so easy to use and set-up helped a lot in getting the whole dev team to be comfortable with this new way of working. It also fixed problems we had because in our previous deploy process we were unaware when a deploy failed and unable to recognize which servers were and weren't up to date. This caused all kinds of problems and even support questions for stuff that was already fixed, costing us extra time to figure out that something and what exactly went wrong.

Pros

It is very easy to get started with, intuitive. No real need to familiarize yourself with how the tooling works. We could quickly get pipelines up and running to test with and didn't need to spend much tweaking and fixing the build process. Our first intuition on how we should set it up was spot on. We could very quickly move from the initial test to using it in production. Because of the simple look and feel of the product it was very easy to get the whole company on board, in a company that wasn't used to using build systems. Getting people familiar with the product for day to day use was very easy to do. The initial set-up of the on-premise variant was very straight forward because they use docker. We ran a couple of commands and had it up and running in no time. Figuring out back-ups took a little more time but the customer service was great and they have updated the docs since.

Cons

The only con I can come up with is the price. We need to use the on-premise/enterprise version and that one is quite expensive to start with and has a hefty mark-up when you pass one of the pricing stages. The price doubles when you go from 10 to 20 or 20 to 40 users which hurts a little when you are adding your 11th or 21th person to the team.

Paweł from CloudAccess

Run CI/CD without headache

Buddy is the easiest CI/CD solution I could find. Frankly it wasn't me finding it but a friend front-end developer showed me how to use it. This means you really don't need to be an old school open source ninja or DevOps hipster to run a CI/CD for your project. Just put together the build pipeline and get running in minutes.

Pros

It's so easy to get the on premise install running. It really takes minutes to get the software configured. Building the deployment flow, aka pipeline is very intuitive. The UI will even give you hints about next steps in the pipeline. You want to get things more complex? No worries - tons of integrations are at your service. Starting from simple FPT/SFTP deployments, through deployment time script compilation ending with advanced pipelines that include testing, sandboxing, joining other pipelines and parallel execution. All that wrapped in stylish and intuitive UI that lets you watch the process live. When something goes wrong it's easy to find the exact step and the relevant log messages. Everything enclosed in one view. Awesome! From the business perspective the TCO for the Buddy is much better (lower) when compared to top CI/CD tools and even open source solutions.

Cons

For the standalone edition some may find Buddy a being a black box. It could be difficult to get you hands dirty on internals of the system. If you're used to get control on every detail you may find the Buddy UI limiting you.

Raphaël from Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Easy to Use & Beautiful UI

Buddy is the easiest CI/CD solution I could find.

Pros

The interface is very intuitive and easy to use. With a few clicks you can create a deployment pipeline easily. There is a lot of built-in actions that connect with many services. Even if when we can't find what we need, its integration with Docker Hub is really helpful so we can setup our own custom Docker image. As it works on docker, it is easy to install and manage.

Cons

User administration is sometimes confusing. When there are new users, they may not be able to access some old projects even if they have been added to the group that have access to this project and must be authorized individually.

Reasons for Choosing Buddy

Easy to install and configure, it allows us to deploy several projects with different technologies. Its intuitive interface makes administration easy and allows anyone to manage the deployment of an app. Their support is attentive and responds quickly to our problems. I recommend this product to anyone who wants an effective CD/CI solution without headaches.

Cesar from Didaktron

Easy deployments

We use Buddy Works to deploy new updates of LMS-kind software to our development and production servers in real-time

Pros

This service is a beast, from the way you start configuring your pipeline from an existing repository and all the available actions to the fully specified real-time log of the executed actions, the ability to clone existing pipelines and the analytics provided and the possibility to rollback

Cons

The only thing that we didn't like was the quantity of projects that you can have in the free version but that doesn't justify the overall quality of the service

Viatcheslav from Nautilus Digital

Great product!

Great product, I started to use it about a year ago and looking forward into new features, recommended to few friends with startup and they love it. Very nice design and many visual integrations. Had some issue with billing as I was not able to add person to company just for billing purposes. Other than that everything is great, good work!

Pros

- awesome design - many integrations - fast - pipelines

Cons

- can not add a billing person to account

Automate the deployment of your application

I use buddy for the simplest tasks like uploading GIT files to FTP without needing to configure anything on the destination server. It is very useful when you do not have SSH access or you just do not want to program complicated scripts.

Pros

Buddy offers an advanced automation experience with a basic knowledge requirement. Thanks to its multiple integrations you can get great automations with just a few clicks. You can create multiple pipelines to manage all the necessary processes to run your application. Upload files to multiple servers, compile applications, send notifications, etc. Undoubtedly Buddy is a very interesting tool to save time without having to develop large and complicated manual integrations.

Cons

If your pipeline does things that need a long execution time, Buddy can give a timeout and leave the task halfway.

Response from Buddy

Replied May 2019

Hello! We are glad to hear that you like our product. If you are facing issues with timeouts it would be best to contact our support. Knowing the full context we might provide you with a solution.

Guilherme from Rocketseat

Makes it ridiculously easy to build and maintain complex CI/CD pipelines

Pros

The unique and intuitive way we can interact with it. It is a complete platform that's also very simple to use, so simple that setting up any new pipeline usually takes ten minutes tops. At our company, we use multiple Buddy actions, such as: File transferring (SFTP), performing Status Checks for CR, building and pushing Docker images, establishing containerized environment for tests and setting up K8s deployment images. And we are pretty happy with our overall experience with Buddy.

Cons

Price, maybe? IIRC, it's a little more expensive than alternatives but I think it's worth it in the end.

Michael from Self Employed

By far my favourite automation tool..

As a developer diving into Ops very often I have tried a numerous amount of deployment services and methods. Buddy really stands out and really offers users a lot of value. Currently I use both Jenkins and Buddy on a daily basis. Personally I think Buddy is much easier to use!

Pros

The user interface is really easy to understand, allowing people with different skill-sets to use it. They have an enterprise version that you can launch effortlessly on the AWS/Google cloud market places and manage yourself, but for smaller clients you can just use the SaaS version. On top of all the available actions, it's so easy to just pull down a docker image to do whatever you need. This opens the door to a lot of custom actions.

Cons

Nothing comes to mind. I've had a issue or two with the sandbox functionality but their support is really quick so nothing to complain about.

Neil from mettrr

Easy to use, Empowers teams

As mentioned in our positives, our business use case was to simply set up deployments and build pipelines without the hassle whilst also empowering our team of developers and project managers. There are obviously ways to do this on the servers but the management of this requires a lot more work and knowledge of dev ops.

Pros

The obvious positives for us about Buddy are how simple it is to use and pick up. The interface is really nice and makes everything point and click set up. We also really like how easy it is to set up users and limit them to various projects or actions. We have really been able to empower our development team even to a junior level. Last the integrations with Slack and Github have enabled us to notify the whole team when a deployment fails or succeeds.

Cons

If Buddy is down for maintenance (this is extremely rare and also only for a few minutes usually) it can delay our deployments waiting for it to be back up. This isn't even a complaint really but more that it's the only small negative we can think of.

Buddy review

Pros

Flexibility. We use it to deploy anything from web apps with Vue.js, server-side applications with Laravel, WordPress and Node without any issues.

Cons

Lack of documentation to set up automated tests. I'd like to run unit tests with Jest, so it would be great if there was clear examples on how to do so and fail a deploy on failed tests.

Mark from TYL

The tool of tools

Pros

I love working in my terminal, but when the UX/UI of a product is as good as this, I love working in a GUI too. The UI is completely intuitive and very fun to use. From a functionality point of view, the system is incredible. Being able to quickly spin up very complex builds & deployments, and then tie in all sorts of notifications is a dream come true. YML is fine, but being able to tie in all these steps with a visual pipeline editor/builder, is a treat and I thoroughly enjoy using it.

More more powerful pipeline / deployment system. Better UI

Jeff from Good Work

Simple and Elegant Deployment Tool

As a dev agency with over 100+ websites, Buddy has made it simple to deploy to production/staging servers with ease.

Pros

Ease of use! If you're not into writing configuration code, Buddy has an excellent GUI setup that guides you through deployment setups.

Cons

Transfering repositories from GUI setup to a .yaml setup can be a hassle if buddy doesn't pick up the new buddy.yaml file. I'm probably doing something wrong though.

Buddy - The easiest CI/CD tool by far

Our development flow is fully automated with buddy. That helps the team a lot, and saved me tons of time, since it was done by me manually. We also use it to deploy production applications, with easy. Buddy is also used to deploy to firebase hosting. We have some use cases where we just need to serve a json with the project version, and this json is created used buddy pipelines, extracting the project version from the repository.

Pros

Buddy is really easy to set up and start using as a CI, CD or DevOps tool. I've tried other tools in the past to help on CD processes but I always had a hard time to get somewhere. With buddy I created the first pipeline in minutes and it helped me a lot, since I was the only one who was deploying applications in the company.

Cons

I love buddy :) I don't remember any cons.

André from OneMarket

After moving around we found our CI tool

We have been using it for almost 2 years and it's been great. Now we have 66 configured projects and the structure of pipelines makes it easy for us to maintain all these projects at once.

Pros

Really customer focused, good and fast support, easy to use and its always improving fast with new features. It just wotks :)

Reasons for Choosing Buddy

With ideia of pipelines and actions we can reuse some CI configurations for all the projects making it easier to maintain.

Jose from Cursor

Ease of use and reliability

Pros

Buddy.works has made our deployment process a lot faster and easier.

Cons

Would like a way to group projects together.

Alex from LeadForensics

Takes a load of your mind

Overall, very good. We've had a few little niggles here and there but support has solved them within a day or two at most. I love the fact that I can create and deploy a new microservice in under 30 minutes!

Pros

Once you've configured your standard deployment patterns in yml format, you can simply check any new projects into your SCM and then tell Buddy to create a new project from it. From there, Buddy will pick up your predefined pipelines and GO! AWS integration is a simple single set up for the entire org acc, no need to each user to have their own access keys stored in Buddy. As we don't have a DevOps team at our company, deployments are taken care of by the teams. Buddy makes is easy to create, edit and manage these deployments.

Cons

The concurrency based pricing. I would prefer if pricing could be calculated based on actual resource usage as I assume all the build servers are most likely Fargate or scaled EC2 clusters. In any case, being restricted on concurrency per subscription can be a little annoying, especially on deployment days where I may need to release 10 services simultaneously, but I can only do 2 at a time... each taking around 5 minutes for full blue/green deployment. This means it can take up to an hour to deploy 10 services, where as ideally I want them all deployed within 10 minutes.

We Love Sandboxes!

Overall, we love Buddy. It has been the best and easiest CI tool to use and provides it's weight in gold with Sandboxes.

Pros

We love the ease of use. We have tried many other CI systems and found Buddy to be the easiest and best for our front-end flow. We absolutely LOVE sandboxes, we find the most value in them. We constantly have the maximum number running for all projects to allow business and QA teams to view.

Cons

There are some gotchas and things that could be improved. Making it easier to duplicate workflows across projects, for example. Sandboxes are still in beta and could use some of the same improvements. Making it easier to define a default setup for sandboxes, and the ability to allocate lower memory to allow running more smaller sandboxes at once.

Marco from van Rooij IT

Buddy just works

I'm using it mainly to deploy Laravel projects and with Buddy that saves me a lot of time.

Pros

It's so easy to create a new project and setup the actions needed for deployment. What I also like is the possibility to clone a project and to setup variables within a project.

Cons

That's not really about the product itself, but about the pricing. I'm still on an old plan, but now even the smallest plan starts at $75/month. That's quite expensive if you have just a couple of projects.

Niklas from Exposify

The simplest CI and Automation tool I ever experienced

Buddy was the first CI/CD tool that satisfied all of our needs while being extremely simple to use. It was easy to get up and running with our monorepo and custom triggers with webhooks. Buddy provided solid support for multiple programming languages, Google Cloud, Kubernetes and HTTP Endpoints. It is a joy to build pipelines with Buddy!

Pros

It provides very intuitive workflows and actions that are customizable for all kinds of needs.

Cons

You pay for a machine the whole month even if you aren't using it. I would prefer a serverless model like with Google Cloud Build or GitHub Actions, where you only pay for the minutes the machine is running.

Łukasz from Sylius

Just made my life easier

I'm a Software Engineer and I'm not really into being DevOps. Yet, I had to create some deployment pipelines, just due to project requirements. Buddy allowed me to create a really decent deployment pipeline, with monitoring and notifications on slack and email in minutes. I didn't have to learn any new stuff to make it work, it's really customer driven and new features pop up every week.

Pros

Being customer-driven Tons of integration. From servers like DigitalOcean, through messeging (Slack, mail, Telegram etc.) Easy to setup Decent documentation

Cons

It is much easier to get out 120 builds a month, then you would expect. And then you don't have much choice other, then paying for this tool, because you already love it. Also, I would prefer to have reference to previously created configurations, because it is pretty easy to mess with it. As I'm not able to restore it from git, it may be painful to do it from the scratch.

Levi from Skape Collective

Great investment

Pros

- Sexy UI - Works beautifully - Less stress and time spent on deployments

Cons

A few UI quirks here and there, but that's not really a con.

Reasons for Choosing Buddy

Used previously in another role, and loved it from the beginning

Willian from WIKI4FIT

It's simple to start

Buddy worked very well on our whitelabel business model. We generate dozens of apps per month, and we expand our sales without increasing the number of developers on the project.

Pros

We like how easy it is to add new pipelines, and monitor build processes.

Cons

Unsupported to generate iOS apps, so you need to subscribe to another service to do this

Reasons for Choosing Buddy

We decided not to support native iOS. Only via PWA.

Jamie from Abstrakt Creative

Best in its category

All of the problems I have encountered was probably (more then likely) down to our own team or missing NPM packages, however the support team would always assist and help us find the root cause of the problem.

Pros

The vast amount of options available to the user and the ever growing list that comes with it.

Cons

Pricing is little bit steep as we're a small agency but the heavy lifting it takes off us is invaluable

Jalen from Steadfast Design Firm

Buddy is amazing and has earned a place as an integral part of our dev workflow

Pros

Buddy makes it easy to setup different pipelines for your staging and production servers. There are a large selection of pipeline actions available - integrations and tools to fit everyone's workflow. The Buddy interface is easy to navigate and the team has evidently put a lot of care into their product.

Cons

I can't think of any big cons off the top of my head. Maybe one thing is that the pricing can be kinda steep, especially if you're a really small team or a freelancer.

Lucas from ProxiBlue

Industry: Cosmetics

Cannot get easier!

Pros

Super easy. Even limited technical persons can use this.

Cons

Honestly, I cannot think of anything I don't like

Tom from Twisted Digital Ltd.

The easiest, most reliable CI/CD service on the market

Buddy has saved me a ton of time over the few years, building and deploying websites to a number of different servers and services and I honestly couldn't be happier.

Pros

Setting up deployment workflows is an absolute cinch, with support for various build tools, version control systems and third party services out the box. Customer support has been great too, with quick responses and real fixes to issues (not workarounds).

Cons

Nothing so far, Buddy has been great since day one.

Buddy is great

Our favorite CI / CD service became the Buddy platform with a modern interface, conceptual innovations, and live assistance. Be it Azure, AWS, K8s, Python, Java, PHP, FTP, SSH, Slack, SMS... the platform didn't let us down

Pros

The most we like: simple to use, friendly and modern UI. We might not be a big company using a ton of architecture, but we've found solutions in Buddy to all our deployment related tasks.

Cons

They are having hard time keeping all the documentation up to date.

Saad from contentstudio.io

Amazing CI/CD tool

Pros

- Easy to set up, minimal setup requred. - Easy to manage. - On premises deployment, use own servers, multiple concurrent builds.

Cons

I did not find anything that I didn't like until now.

Peter from Ciao Ciao Carsharing

Really great for building CI workflows

I'm very impressed overall. Buddy has helped focus on writing code instead of DevOps, because it just works.

Pros

Cons

I bit expensive for me as a solopreneurs with several small clients. I do however think it's decent value for money.

Eric from Infinite Web Design

Great pipeline services

Overall, we've seen great increases in deployment speed and ability to get code from Development to Production quickly and efficiently.

Pros

We love the stability it has provided as well as consistently deploying our code, both compiled and 'raw' to all of our services.

Cons

We've occasionally had glitches in deployment, but these were rectified very quickly and communicated to us by the team at Buddy.

Niels from 7Lab

Great piece of software!

Pros

The best thing about buddy is probably their customer support. The software itself doesn't require to much explanation, but when you do have a suggestion or piece of feedback it is handled with care.

Cons

The activity view per project could have a bit more filtering options and the sandbox option in projects is a bit to expensive for our use.

Clifton from Objectiv

The best CI/CD tool we have found

Before Buddy, we relied on tools like DeployBot to automate our deployments. Buddy is better in every conceivable way, and it doesn't require a PhD in Computer Science to setup or force you to structure your app in a specific way. We have it doing: Dependency installs Asset generation Atomic deployments Elastic Beanstalk deployments Cloudflare / Cloudfront cache clears Etc

Pros

Lightning fast Extremely flexible - you can basically create any pipeline you can dream of

Cons

Support can be a bit sluggish due to time zone issues and the capability of the first responders in chat.

Kris from Pura Vida Bracelets

Great deployment platform for all our needs

Pros

With Buddy I was able to consolidate my deployment tools, and save money. The platform is super intuitive and more powerful than what we were using previously.

Cons

A couple years ago my team uncovered a small issue with one of the deployment actions, but after working with Buddy's support team they resolved the problem!

Chris from E-Moxie

Impressed every step of the way

Pros

The experience has been great. We use it for standard deployments to single systems over a variety of methods and more complex deployments after using it to build images, then pushing it out to multiple systems. It works extremely well and has made life very easy for a step of the process that could problematic. I couldn't image NOT using Buddy.

Cons

Sometimes the variable replacement on sending emails hasn't been the easiest to use, but it's a minor detail.

Julien from Craftpeak

Easy CI for everything

After using DeployBot for years, I wanted to see if there was something out there more flexible and faster. Buddy has been a perfect tool for us, and helps us deploy different repos every day, in different and unique ways.

Pros

I like that we are easily able to use Buddy for all of the applications across our stack. We have apps on multiple servers and in multiple languages. The GUI is extremely easy and much faster than typing yaml files, but if you'd like to type your CI, they offer an easy import/export tool.

Cons

It's hard to think about what I don't like about Buddy, but if anything I suppose it would be that their atomic deployments are a little challenging to use.

Dimitris from World Anvil LTD

Excellent and Easy

Pros

It is a great way to handle our deployments while it remains simple and easy to use. Even more importantly when it came to stepping up a level and starting working with ansistrano and much more advanced deployment systems it stood its ground.

Cons

Literally nothing, it's a great piece of software.

Excellent Service

Pros

Deployments are a breeze with Buddy. Every single option we could possibly want is available to us. I can't imagine not using this tool for deployments.

Cons

There aren't really any cons I've found with this tool. Some custom gulp compilations run somewhat slowly, but overall that's not a big deal.

Patrick from Patrick Silva

Industry: Program Development

Pros

Very simple to use, full of integrations and tools

Cons

I use it every day and have not found any against

Mark from Speak Creative

Excellent!

Buddy has helped our team tremendously in making us able to collaborate on site development.

Pros

ease of use, efficiency, accessibility, and design.

Cons

learning curve, there are still some features that I am discovering through use - would be nice to have courses on quickly setting up all the applications of Buddy

Alex from Symphonic Engage

BuddyWorks makes deployments easy

We've been using Buddy to manage project deployments and build steps for various different projects and different servers. We've now got complete transparency into which pipelines are set up and when they are running. We've hooked production deploys into slack so everyone can see which projects & features have been pushed live. We love it!

Pros

How easy it is to set up new project pipelines and connect to new servers

Cons

I don't really have any cons at the moment. The free tier was enough to trial the software and we've upgraded to allow more project pipelines. We love how transparent it has made our deploy process and it connects to pretty much everything we need!