• Pros

• "Easy to use and excellent services with very fast helps."

• "Great product and if you ever need any assistance their support is awesome."

• "Great collection of components, for the web and desktop."

• Cons

• "Although the documentation was very much complete with good examples, we were lacking in some of the architecture connections to Xamarin data sources and this took some time to figure out."

• "- Xamarin controls need to be more stable. However, any issue reported was handled quick and fixed."

• "the only thing I don't like much is that upgrading the desktop projects when I upgrade the libraries is a time consuming task. But I don't think there is a way to avoid this."

Browse Essential Studio Reviews

Ray from dbEasy.com

Complete, robust, fully functional web UI

Overall it's a great product. It does everything Telerik Kendo does but is cheaper and therefore a better value.

Pros

The Syncfusion Grid component is as good or better than any other on the market. It has every feature you could want: paging, sorting, filtering, sizing and reordering columns, exporting to PDF, CSV, or Excel. And they have just about every other rich web component you think of: Calendar, sortable list, embedded rich text/HTML editor, charts, maps, you name it. And best of all, their free community license includes ASP.Net MVC so you can develop rich MVC web UI applications. And also includes Xam

Cons

Although they have extensive documentation, they so many components that do so many things, that not every feature has specific programming examples, so you sometimes have to figure things out through trail and error. And although the MVC components all have tons of methods and parameters you sometimes have to write JavaScript to make it work the way you want. So you need to be a strong programmer.

Reasons for Switching to Essential Studio

The free community license version of Synfusion is way better than Telerik Kendo's open source product. Kendo is JavaScript only and Synfusion gives community users their whole platform.

Lucas from Endpoint Systems

Overall it's been great. As my familiarity with the product increases, my productivity has increased dramatically, which I'm very excited about.

Pros

I love the fact that the software is usable across a broad spectrum of different technologies - Blazor, ASP.NET Core, Javascript, Flutter, etc..

Cons

The 'immediate' support team could do a better job, but support overall is better than it would first appear. You have to

Reasons for Choosing Essential Studio

I looked at a number of different components but I thought Syncfusion provided the best overall value compared to everyone else.

Timothy from Insight Sciences Corporation

Syncfusion for the StartUp

In addition to supporting Xamarin Forms, we are following a strict MVVM methodology and leveraging C# as much as possible across as many platforms as possible. Currently, this includes the most popular standard platforms that Xamarin Forms supports: iOS, Android, UWP. We will also be supporting Blazor (C# in browser web assembly) and one of the Syncfusion features we hope to leverage is their Blazor support. We are waiting for .NET 5 GA to leap into that part of the project, but are hopeful our good experience with Syncfusion componentson Xamarin Forms supported platforms will be matched in the Browser based client using Syncfusion Blazor components.

Pros

Our project is to build a commercial-grade, security-compliant, serverless mobile app platform using only tools that are budget-friendly for startups. Our tool-chain selection includes AWS services (API Gateway, Cognito, Lambda, DynamoDB, ...), Microsoft .NET Core/Standard, Visual Studio and Xamarin. All these tools are essentially free until your app starts scaling. Syncfusion's community edition was chosen because it provides commercial-grade features and doesn't burden the entrepreneur with out-of-pocket expenses until their app is generating revenue. Finally, our experience with Syncfusion's support has been first rate.

Cons

Syncfusion targets many different UI presentation layers. In our case, we use Xamarin Forms which is relatively new for Syncfusion. The controls are generally solid but do require more "code-behind" work than is generally recommended in the Xamarin community. There are shops that totally refuse to allow "any" code-behind and if you are one of those you may have some issues using all of the Syncfusion controls. In our case, the limited code-behind required is not considered a barrier. In addition, the Syncfusion documentation is obviously not written by a native English speaker and as such can be amusing at times and occasionally annoying .

Reasons for Choosing Essential Studio

Availability of Syncfusion community edition and similar feature set.

Reasons for Switching to Essential Studio

Syncfusion has a more robust feature set than the native Xamarin Forms componients.

Hans from Osa and Co

Great product

Support was superb when I had a challenge and they got back to me explaining the issues and I was able to implement a workaround.

Pros

Ease of implementation. An abundance of capabilities. Responsive support.

Cons

I am pretty new to Syncfusion, but I have been developing apps for a long time, so far I only see good signs from this suite.

Reasons for Choosing Essential Studio

DevExpress is infamous for its complexity, options within options within options.

Jose L. from VisibleSoft

Just the best developer tools in the market

Essential Studio is my preferred tool for user interface development. No other tool is comparable in usability and features.

Pros

Support for multiples platforms, documentation and support.

Cons

I've no cons in the product. It's a complete solution for UI development in several platforms like net core, angular, flutter, etc.

Reasons for Choosing Essential Studio

Platforms supported, quality of controls and documentation.

Martin from Inavista

Great tools with great feature and make us save time.

Me and My team we appreciate this tool because it really help to bring our new software to another level. With all the documentations and the demos this help me and my team to go quickly thru the learning curves.

Pros

They provide a lot of demo and they have a great support.

Cons

Sometime some feature are taking long before being deploy with there version.

Reasons for Choosing Essential Studio

They had one feature that I was not able to find in Kendo UI and this was the Mindmap.

Reasons for Switching to Essential Studio

This tool was not complete and we did not have the support we needed.

Bernard from Form d.o.o.

Syncfusion is the best

Pros

Easy to use, community license, great technical support.

Cons

There is no such thing as "like least".

Reasons for Switching to Essential Studio

Because of the community license and better looking controls.

Zoran from Innovative Services

Syncfusion Blazor

Transition my Visual Basic 60 LIS software to Web application.

Pros

I have invested Grid control, in WebAssembly configuration, using EF core. It works fine. Support is very prompt and good.

Cons

In some cases, events handler, Data Manager of UI controls are black boxes without more details.

Number of Controls, Documentations, Support and Community licensing

Reasons for Switching to Essential Studio

Blazor Syncfusion UI Controls give me possibility to produce Web application faster then usually from begining.

Gianpietro from Mabico srl

Syncfusion helps me to be smart

Pros

Richness and completeness of controls and good and quick support.

Cons

Examples in the github non always complete and clear, poor availability of code snippets.

Community edition.

Reasons for Switching to Essential Studio

Richness of control and availability of Community version.

Avgerinos from DIS

Many features and functionallity but too "buggy"

Pros

Pretty easy to use the controls, and also many options in customizing and extending them.

Cons

Too many bugs in almost every control that we've used. Exception handling is missing in many critical points that causes many - many application crashes. Each time a new release came out and we've decided to upgrade, new bugs came out. It seems like the controls are never tested in real life complex scenarios but only in demo examples that use very basic options. At very least, even if a bug appears a error should be thrown in the UI instead of terminating the whole application that leads in bad user experience.

Craig from CISOware

One of the first companies to give entrepreneurial Software Developers a break.

A great thing about the Syncfusion components is that they work in Xamarin. I can create mobile apps without changes. Xamarin did not generate a Windows app that I liked, so I build an app using Winforms that looks like the mobile apps. Syncfusion for Winforms allowed me to do this and share code with the mobile apps.

Pros

Six years ago, I started developing a large scale enterprise product. It required a lot of full stack development. It runs on Windows, Android and IOS. The infrastructures is all Docker containers. I am not a UI guy and didn’t have the time to build the UI components needed. Syncfusion components work well. Their generous licensing policies made using the tools possible. Most impressive, is that I have received the same quality support as one of their paying customers. My system has architecture that I developed to solve a problem specific to my target industry. I did hit a bug that had not been seen before. Syncfusion’s support staff verified that the bug was in their code and issued a patch without argument. I can’t tell you how many times a company has told me “the software is not supposed to do that, so it’s not a bug”.

Cons

There are components that I found difficult to understand even after reading the doc. But it was more the task at hand then a problem with a component. For example: To use the Word functions to manipulate a Word file, you must understand how Word structures its documents. But a note to support always results in a sample. So, really there is nothing negative to say.

Reasons for Choosing Essential Studio

Syncfusion provides many more components then I needed for my app. I funded the company, now six years into development. That would have meant paying the license fee for six years with no income. I will happily pay the fees when my company has an income but before that time, I could not afford the product. Syncfusion products run as advertised with great support. What else can you ask for? I am a real person (not a company shill). My name is Craig Brown and my company is CISOware. My app will (hopefully) be a great advancement to the field of Information Security.

Daniel from Boral

Industry: Mining & Metals

Essential Studio for WPF

Overall experience is fantastic. Installation is straight forward, updates are published at a timely manner.

Pros

I like the completeness and in depth features of all the controls that I use, especially the data grid control which I use extensively. The sample application and online documentation is clear and succinct. I find that breaking down the examples by feature is great when compared to other control vendors I have seen, that simply provide a high level example and nothing to demonstrate each feature separately. On the few occasions that I have requested support, I have always received an answer in a timely manner. What makes the WPF suite good value is not just the number of feature rich controls, but the complete package including the documentation help and support that is available.

Cons

There are only two minor issues that I have with the suite of tools. 1. I get regular feedback from users that the date picker control is clunky to use. I can echo the feedback. Entering a date does not feel smooth, especially when entering the year. Hard to describe, but feel like it cycles back around to the year zero. 2. I would like it if I could customize the calendar control more. Would be great if I could easily template out the control for each date so I could use it to display what ever info I wanted in each date cell. Maybe there is a way to do this, but either way I have not been successful in being able to template out the calendar control for the requirements at the time.

Reasons for Choosing Essential Studio

I chose the Syncfusion WPF controls for the reasons that its a complete suite of tools that I need to use. Each control is feature rich and especially important for me is the access to succinct examples that demonstrate each of the features and access to what I consider premium support should I require it.

Vincent from Kwiksol Corporation

Expensive and poor support but best available solution

I had to rely on their support team for almost everything when it came to integrating the scheduling component into my software because the documentation was really poor. There is a lot of documentation but the problem with it is that it just doesn't explain how to use anything. You'd find a reference to the problem you're having, and the documentation tells you what this thing is supposed to do but doesn't tell you how to implement it. At times it just seemed like it was written from the perspective of somebody who already knew how to use everything and that's obviously not very useful. The good thing is the support team is always willing to help (though I always had to wait until the next day for an answer) but the bad thing is that sometimes they didn't read my question carefully and ended up giving answers to questions I wasn't even asking. It was at times frustrating to deal with support (and I think the language barrier might've been the issue), but credit to them they were always polite and willing to help. I just wish I didn't need to call on them for everything. They also have a support chat and a few times I had a good guy who was able to be helpful, but other times the person answering the chat was almost useless, redirecting me to tier 2 support for even simple things. One guy even told me "Chat support is only a triage. We don't actually help you."

Pros

I got Syncfusion primarily for the scheduler component and having looked at other options, this was the best front end solution I could find for my software. It's not perfect, but it's very good in terms of functionality and user interface. I think my clients will enjoy using this scheduler.

Cons

It's a bit awkward to implement and the documentation is very poor. As for the scheduler, it comes with built in popup windows for creating and modifying events, but trying to get their styling to match my own was a nightmare because they did not use the same classes for every window, and not even the same classes for every button. It was surprising how inconsistent they were with their styling and that made it impossible to create consistent spacing and styling to match the rest of my system, so I ended up blocking all the popups and creating my own but this also was not easy or obvious. I had to contact support several times just to figure out how to use my own popups.

Reasons for Choosing Essential Studio

It had the best scheduling component in terms of functionality and the way it looks and works for the end user.

Andrew from HoopSoup Inc

Xamarin UI controls

I’ve used the Syncfusion controls when I worked at other companies so I knew what I was getting into. I felt very confident in the controls, ease of integration and quality of the technical support team. By using these controls I’ve been able to get my apps out the door much faster than before.

Pros

Integration is a breeze. The software is well designed and is rock solid. One of the best additions to the software are two apps you can download, Syncfusion Controls Explorer and Essential UI kit. The Controls explorer does a great job of showcasing various controls and illustrating different ways the control can be used. The other app, Essential UI Kit provides me with both a jumpstart for getting certain screens up and running but also a real work example of how the controls can be used. As an independent developer, I don’t have the luxury of hiring a full-time designer nor the flexibility of time to see how the control works. These controls allow me the ability to get my app up and running faster than before.

Cons

The grid control still needs work. It’s great for presenting data, but if you’re looking for more flexibility when entering values directly within the grid, you’ll be disappointed. The richness of options available to you just isn’t there. Knowledgebase on the website needs work. You can drill down to a specific control, say, Xamarin.Forms -> SfDataGrid however if I search for "Initialize" it searches the entire product line. Really frustrating and makes the feature rather useless.

Reasons for Choosing Essential Studio

I ran a development shop with a team of 50 developers. I always promoted the idea of developers building apps on the side with support from the organization. Not only helped the developer expand their knowledge and skillset, but also help the company. Experience the developer gained by writing these apps was invaluable to us at a later point in time. Syncfusion understands this concept. Their software is free for independent developers with sales under a certain threshold, and in return, the developer brought the experience of using these controls to their full-time job—a win-win for both of us.

Superb Support! Practical stuff microsoft left out Good C# Library

Good Sf DataGrid, great column types that do most of the validation I need without a lot of coding And really,really,really good support. They just answer my questions in a day with a code snippet that they have written. The XLSIO lib's which read/write pdf, microsoft office files are also excellent. Minor issue with them is that they hold on to File's a bit too long as mentioned in the con's easy workaround give XLSIO calls C# FileStreams whenever possible...the XLSIO save and saveas functions work fine...

Pros

Good Grid Great PDF read/write , Excel read/write much better, faster and more reliable than microsoft stuff Support is just outstanding; Send in a request and they both answer the questions and frequently write the code snippet for you...wow! Excellent Code Samples, Be sure and use the Code demo/sample browser for Windows..good stuff

Cons

If it takes more then 10 or 15 minutes to understand where to find a particular feature or functionality just send the question to Support. Documentation is mediocre and not nearly as good as Microsoft. Some things that should be exposed in properties and instead implemented via event handlers. Still much less work using Syncfusion tools then coding in Microsoft GUI widgets Grid by default does not look like MIcrosoft Access for insert/delete records but that may just be my particular needs 4 grid products of which 2 are kept to update and recommended. I used SfDataGrid Sometimes you have to reach out to support or documenation to get syntax for a "foreach" loop as opposed to Microsoft Tools where it's easy to do it. For my usages and applications, SfDataGrid is not feasible to use Visual Code Generator on unbound columns Syncfusion XLSIO tools to read/write Microsoft Office files and PDF's likes to hold onto File Locks a little too long... So easy fix is to always pass in C# FileStream type or MemoryStream done via Using (FileStream) I recommend using Tools->Nuget Package Manager->Package Manger Console because searching for Syncfusion packages to install via browse function in Visual Studio 2019 returns too many matches and takes too long to do. That's both a pro and con; Pro that they use Nuget to install part's of the library of tools...and Con which is not really their fault that browse search for nuget is not very good at searching (Microsoft design issue?)

Reasons for Choosing Essential Studio

Grapecity had bugs and demo code was bad. Devexpress is similar to Syncfusion but is much more expensive for small startup firm

Html->Pdf Converter works well mostly, but could be easier to use for the cost

Support could have been better - we encountered a critical bug (which was fixed quickly by the developers, no issue there) and we got from support a windows nuget package without native binaries (because the support portal can't upload > 50mb files apparently) in them, which we decided to repackage to linux (which is the platform we reported the bug on) and add the native binaries binaries - the version was also identical to a live version on nuget.org so we had to change that in the repackage to avoid conflicts too. The suggestion was to "Manually reference the dlls" which is a bit mad considering the effort already sunk into locating the native binaries originating from the nuget package, and the lack of transistive resolution etc...

Pros

It works, renders html correctly enough.

Cons

Non-platform independence for devops - requires package installation on deployment targets. Also requires manual setting of path to syncfusion binaries (that are in the nuget package!) at runtime. Extra package e.g. Syncfusion.HtmlToPdf.Blink.Static.Linux could be created with a static compile to eliminate system dependencies and manage CVEs etc. The code (which we have had to write ourselves) to locate the native binaries originating from the nuget package should be inside the syncfusion lib - there should be no argument to their path. Also, while it might bloat the package, nuget supports separate native binaries per runtime [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] which would enable to create a single platform-independant nuget package - this would really lower the difficulty - especially in places like dotnet-script where you have no csproj to change the PackageReferences depending on the runtime!

Gary from RefractIT Ltd

Great software especially for small outfits

Overall, I like the product but it can be frustrating at times when I come across a new "oddball" requirement that I need to ask of the product and trying to figure out the best way to make it do what I want.

Pros

It's free for small outfits - seriously though, the community edition is really useful for myself who is a small sole trader and allows me to create powerful and capable web sites easily. There is a lot of powerful functionality "out of the box", I especially like the functionality built into the Grid components and dropdown / combo boxes are handled the way I expect them to be with little coding required for normal situations. Their community support is very good, I have used them about 3 or 4 times and each time they have responded within a day or two with both a written solution and normally a working example that I can download and examine

Cons

One of the big issues I have is, for me, the lack of clear documentation. This is especially true when you go "off the beaten track" to try something different and it can be a headache to determine the best way to go about achieving the result (e.g. on a grid, what events fire when with what arguments). However, the support people have been good at coming up with solutions when I draw a blank. As the product covers different environments (asp.net core, JS, MVC, Angular etc) and there are different versions (ej1, ej2 etc) it can be a bit difficult navigating through previously answered questions and applying them to my environment (in the main I use asp.net core).

David from Engineering Innovation, Inc.

Industry: Industrial Automation

SyncFusion Blazor Components Review

I really like the product suite. I find that I can do almost everything I need to do using their out-of-box experience.

Pros

I like having the large number of components in the bundle as it reduces the number of third party components I need to complete my projects. I also like how rapidly SyncFusion rolls out updates to their products and the quality and speed of response of their technical support.

Cons

I am not sure if this is SyncFusion Blazor specific or something inherent with Blazor itself, but the lack of Support for GUID in their dropdown list and other things like their event callbacks require that I change my GUIDs to string types in my models and then have to map them back to GUIDs for CRUD to the backend. Also, I really wish they had a good Step / Wizard component. I currently have to use Radzen's Step component for my WIzards and there are often CSS conflicts between Radzen and SyncFusion. If they do not add one, I will most likely have to create my own custom Step (Wizard) component before the project is finished.

Reasons for Choosing Essential Studio

SyncFusion seemed to have much more resources and support. After switching, I am satisfied with SyncFusions speed at which they provide support and problem resolution.

Reasons for Switching to Essential Studio

SyncFusion was more robust and seemed to have better support at the time we decided to switch. I believe that SyncFusion was on Blazor before Telerik, which might partially explain the disparity.

Solomon from PNQ LLC

Syncfusion controls are essential to my applications

Overall, I could not produce the quality and usability I have in my apps, without Syncfusion Essential Studio. Support, when needed, has been excellent

Pros

Syncfusion controls add style and features to my app that would be prohibitively time consuming (if not impossible) for me to code on my own. My app makes extensive use if Radial Menus, Photo Editor, PDF Viewer and many many other controls. They are simple to use and work consistently well on all supported platforms. My app runs on iOS, Android and UWP and providing a consistent and rich interface across devices is essential.

Cons

Given the complexity of supporting multiple environments, I have occasionally run into stability issues with new releases. The occurrences have been rare and Syncfusion support has always come through.

Reasons for Choosing Essential Studio

I found the breadth of controls and the cost to be more competitive than the other options.

Reasons for Switching to Essential Studio

The company de-emphasized support for Xamarin controls. Syncfusion's library is far richer and support has been maintained for the controls that I use through the various iterations of Xamarin.

Olafur from Fannsker Ehf

Feature-rich easy to implement product with amazing customer support

This products solves almost all our needs along with the standard ui and productivity components on the platforms that we deliver solutions on. We are almost entirely an angular/typescript, asp.net core and Xamarin shop. This makes our life much simpler and the less complex and we are able to deliver multi-platform solutions quickly to the customer and make our own customer service more responsive.

Pros

Cons

Sometimes the documentation and examples leave something to be desired but the very quick and responsive customer support more than compensates for that.

Reasons for Choosing Essential Studio

Syncfusion is more feature-rich, simple to use and consistent along the platform that we use, Angular, Asp. net Core and Xamarin.

Reasons for Switching to Essential Studio

Glenniel from Savant Technologies Inc.

A Must Have for Every Software Developer

Overall, I am very satisfied with the product and I strongly suggest that you start using it too. Before, designing the user interface consumes a lot of time. Since I started using Syncfusion, most of my time now are dedicated to coding the business logic. These translates to faster development time and spending more time with my family.

Pros

Whether you are building a website, desktop or phone applications, the tool you will probably need is already available within the library. The dashboard application also eases the development time by providing real life sample codes. They have regular updates with new features and bug fixes. If you encounter a bug, just report it to them and expect a fix on their next update.

Cons

Although the software provides lots of tools and libraries, there are still some room for improvement. They counter this by having an amazing group of customer support people that are always ready to fix or offer other solutions. They will even provide you with a working code solution.

Sabrina from IT'S .:. B2B Srl

Great components outstanding support

I'm using both the WPF components and the Web components, both on ASP.Net MVC and .Net Core, The use of these components reduces dramatically the development time and they have a great support for tasks as exporting to excel, word, html, and importing from external source, they have great PDF management and Visualization components and Great components to manage Word and Excel documents.

Pros

The good documentation, many samples, easy to apply on our software, but most of all the outstanding support from the company that supplies a sample to solve a problem or any How To question. Is very attentive when a possible bug is pointed out and if it is a bug a fix is provided in a scheduled time.

Reasons for Switching to Essential Studio

At the time (2013) The WPF components of Infragistics where too complex to adapt to our applications and very time consuming.

Jorge from Gatoware, LLC

Syncfusion Essential Studio - A world class set of tools

Until now, I see that Syncfusion controls are enough for all my development needs.

Pros

Lots of components for different platforms. It is easy to use. Tech support is world class, I usually have an answer in 24 hours, and they let you know when it is going to take longer time and provide an expected date. There is a Community version which is free but you must qualify to get it (this is the one I use). Although I have not used them, there are also Reporting, Data Science and Business Intelligence support, which I plan to test shortly.

Cons

Documentation can be improved with more examples. However, this is not critical.

Reasons for Choosing Essential Studio

I decided to try the community version because I qualify for it and I was convinced for 3 main reasons: it is free, excellent controls and world class support.

Reasons for Switching to Essential Studio

At that time, I was looking for 1 main reason: out-of-the-box responsive web design components.

Alex from MVD Technologies

Great developer suite with unique components

We are very happy with Essential Studio, it has always evolved fast with every new technology, developing a lot of components with a good quality and excelent customer support.

Pros

Essential Studio has a huge library of components, many of them unique or not very common in the market. The customer support is great and always helping solve our issues.

Cons

The documentation has to improve because would allow the developers to find issues faster without asking to customer support. I thing that just making every customer support ticket public unless expressly asked by the customer would add a lot of Q & A besides improving the documentation.

Reasons for Choosing Essential Studio

Huge component base and great customer support and very good value for the price

Reasons for Switching to Essential Studio

I was looking for a specific component for diagramming and then found that the other components where as good or better than what we were using so we switched to Essential Studio

Gabriel from EvolutionAMT

Industry: Aviation & Aerospace

Everything we need in the component suite

Pros

+ Complete suite of UI controls for .NET and Xamarin.Forms. Also its includes report, pdf and others libraries. No other library is needed. + Support is great. Generally they bring a one week solution when an issue if found or a quick workaround. + Many samples and Documentation available. + Grid is great.

Cons

Sometimes there are some specific functionalities that we wanted but with some extra work we can cover them.

James from Realisable Software Ltd

Syncfusion is key to our success....really!

Pros

We have been using Syncfusion for a long long time (about 8+ years). We were looking for a component suite which had all the necessary parts required for our software. At the time (and this still ultimately holds) Syncfusion were only the only ones to have a web Diagramming component AND all the other components (editable grids, hierarchical grids). An added bonus were the file handling packs (Excel, etc) so we can offer with our solution integration with Excel. We've just recently upgraded the diagramming component to the new JS version and the feedback from our customers has been nothing but positive.

Cons

There are a couple of things: - Documentation - The online documentation has bugs in that demos don't load and sample code cannot be seen. - Quality - Sometime the QA of the components could be a bit better.

Reasons for Choosing Essential Studio

Per the answer about what we like most!

Hans Rudolf from Ever-Cloud

Pros

the uniformity of all libraries, competence and reality relevance of the libraries, code examples and templates....

Cons

announcements of new modules (and in 1 or 2 cases taking back of new releases) could be better announced and longer in advance.....

Reasons for Choosing Essential Studio

broader coverage of our needs and modules

Reasons for Switching to Essential Studio

the bigger and more relevant libraries

Jose from Softtrain

The maelstrom of software development platforms

The experience with Essential Studio has been gratifying, not only for the functionality of its components or the improvements they offer in each release, but also for the technical support giving 100% follow-up to each problem reported.

Pros

Many updates cause malfunctions in components from previous versions, Syncfusion Essential Studio is no exception, however its technical support is highly committed to continuous product improvement, creating successful customer support experiences. Generating software in Essential Studio manages to improve the processes of any organization, making it easy and intuitive.

Cons

The examples in the documentation are not enough. Should include more technical examples of component implementation

Reasons for Choosing Essential Studio

Easy implementation, low cost and better technical support

Reasons for Switching to Essential Studio

Essential Studio has more controls, easy implementation and low cost and better technical support.

Barry from DemiVision, LLC

Fantastic Support & Functionality

Pros

We use 10+ different Syncfusion controls from Essential Studio for Xamarin and they quite literally have become an Essential part of our mobile product. They allow us to provide a UI with much greater polish and depth of functionality than the stock Xamarin Forms components while maintaining all of the cross-platform benefits between iOS and Android. And the Syncfusion support has been stellar. They have gone above and beyond on multiple occasions to help us track down obscure issues, some of which ended-up being our fault. Very highly recommended!

Cons

Event handling in some of the components can be challenging to work with, and some of the components have some annoying quirks, but these are minor quibbles overall. The written documentation can be difficult to read in places, but at least they do have extensive documentation.

Manolo from Serverdata System

Industry: Information Services

SDS

Pros

The product has a lot of components and a lot of customizations. at first it costs a little to use, but support is excelent. It is the reason why I prefer this product to another. Excel, doc and pdf library are fantastic!

Cons

Some components, pdf viewer, file explorer are complicated to use, so I use other components

Kelly from Small Business Software Shop

Great product, support could use some improvement

I've used products from Telerik and DevExpress. Syncfusion Essential Studio compares very favorably with offerings from those companies.

Pros

The components themselves are top-shelf. Extremely full-featured and great looking. Some minor quirks, but no more than Telerik or others. I use it in development daily, and I'm very happy with it.

Cons

Sometimes I wonder if the folks providing support use English as their first language. Answers in forums and even direct inquiries often seem like they missed the point of the question. Answers can take a few days, but since I use the Community (free) edition, that's really to be expected. I'm happy to be getting support at all. Support personnel are always friendly and professional. They are knowledgeable about the product, just sometimes not understanding the inquiry itself.

Reasons for Switching to Essential Studio

Price was the driving factor. I've since become very satisfied with Essential Studio

Grant from Eagle Ridge Software

Syncfusion in WPF C# applications

There is learning curve of course, but there are lots of examples included. I learned a lot more working thru the examples than from reading the documentation, which is typical I guess. It did most of what I hoped and am satisfied.

Pros

Graphical display of data in animated pie charts etc., and easier customization of data grid control columns.

Cons

It is impossible to make this library complete... in that every control anyone could ever want could never be included. But I needed control which was not included in the library quite quickly. A data grid/tree control is include, which works well, but a combo box/tree control was also needed. An example of one of these is in https://www.brad-smith.info/blog/archives/193 I ended up writing my own using examples from the web. I also had problems with the color picker... a change in the selected color wasn't easily communicated to the other program levels, and the whole control was complicated and heavy weight.

Reasons for Choosing Essential Studio

I ended up using both Xceed.WPF.Toolkit and Syncfusion. I like the Xceed.WPF.Toolkit color picker better.

Emmanuel from iQbit

Great set of components

I have been very satisfied with Essential Studio. It took a little time to learn (coming from having used DevExpress), but after a while, it was easy to use and understand. The documentation (demos and docs) are very good and comprehensive. The support (ticketing service) is excellent!!

Pros

The suite contains enough components for all platforms that are relevant to us, namely: ASP.NET Core, Blazor, Xamarin Forms, UWP, WPF. The components are beautiful. I love the Xamarin Forms support and components.

Cons

Integrating all web components (ASP.NET Core, Blazor) don't always follow usage patterns relative to the platform. Most of the time, may components rely on javascript or HTML content, which is not natural patter for the platform. For example, with Blazor, a lot of things are done with HTML, instead of integrating it directly into the Razor Component.

Reasons for Switching to Essential Studio

They didn't have Xamarin Forms components, and we needed to do a lot of Mobile development on that platform. We didn't want to have two different set of components for different platforms.

Santosh from Wizgod Inc.

Why SyncFusion?

Pros

I have been using Telerik's controls for almost 10 years now before being introduced to SyncFusion. I would have to say that the Community License is the greatest reason for me to switch from Telerik. Currently I am working on Angular projects and I have only used SyncFusion's Angular controls but I have found that the controls are equal to or greater in quality to the Telerik controls. The grid in particular is much easier to use and develop with; it has been a challenging learning curve to transition from the Telerik grid control only because I have had to map actions and events from one to the other. I think if I did not have such a long history with the Telerik controls, I wouldn't have any issues in learning to use the SyncFusion controls. I found this to be true when working with controls I had not used before .

Cons

Other than issues transitioning code from Telerik to Syncfusion, I haven't found any cons for using SyncFusion.

Community License.

Joshua from StarLight Technologies

A Fantastic Feature Filled Product

Pros

This software is feature rich and can be easily incorporated into most software solutions for a rich user experience. This software is also of a high standard and works well.

Cons

I do find that whilst using the Vue.JS implementation of this product that the Vue implementation is not very 'Vue like' so to say. Unless you use the product exactly as it is designed ie for instance hooking the grid say to a backend service as it expects it can be a bit 'hacky' to get it going as you need it. In my case I had a very specific service that expects a JWT token and specific parameters so I found it easier to call that myself separately using Vuex (which if you hook the grid directly to the service itself, it does not interact with at all - hence why it is not so 'Vue like'). Anyway I got it working with specific methods and functions of the products API but I did not find it so easy at first to know how to do this as the documentation is all geared around using the products in the way they want you to use them.

Thusantha from RanfurlyCare

Very happy customer

I didn't use the Essential Studio, but incorporated the components using the name spaces

Pros

Syncfusion UI toolkit has quite a large number of components that can be incorporated into any Blazor application and put into use with very short time. In the toolkit, I think there are over 25 components to choose from. The Online help is so fantastic, explains with many examples and sows how to customize. Their support team is very helpful and prompt in helping solve any problem. Even online chat service is very good and helpful. I recommend to any web developer to use Syncfusion UI toolkit and I am sure every user will be very happy

Cons

The scheduler component is so fantastic to use. Very complex, but once you get to know the component, it can be customized to suit your needs. Aging the support team provided me some examples and I am very happy with the Scheduler component.

Ryan from Divinity Software Group, LLC

Syncfusion is Great

We use Syncfusion for PDF manipulation. It's great.

Pros

Great product and if you ever need any assistance their support is awesome.

Cons

We *do* occasionally run across bugs or broken features

They are WAY too expensive

Joth from 2434.com Limited

Industry: Performing Arts

Converting a large desktop WinForms application to a UWP/Xamarin app

Essential Studio is comprehensive with excellent support.

Pros

Syncfusion at the time we started this project were the only company that offered all the controls we needed. Most notably a Xamarin.Forms scheduler and for the desktop/UWP, a dockingmanager that would allow us to take full advantage of Windows 10 ability to allow the user to personalize the layout

Cons

Overall I'm glad we chose to build our app as a UWP/Xamarin.Forms project but compared to WinForms, it's immature meaning it's not as heavily featured and we're struggling to provide all the features we have currently in WinForms.

Reasons for Switching to Essential Studio

Our existing vendor didn't offer a comprehensive Xarmarin solution.

Michael from SLDM Enterprises, Inc

Solid Multi-Platform Tools with Excellent Support

Pros

Syncfusion had essential features for our Xamarin application 'Don't B e Late!'. Without Syncfusion's excellent feature set and solid support it would have taken much longer to get to market. We like the fact that many components are multi-platform and allow is to quickly get the same look and feel in varying environments with a minimum of work.

Cons

Syncfusion's very hard set of components available on so many platforms sometimes had made it a bit difficult to quickly know just how to achieve the desired behavior; documentation is not always easy to find. Fortunately their very quick support turnaround nicely makes up for this,

Leo from Safety Codes Council

Thanks for everything you did for us.

We use Syncfusion for our Document Generation almost 8 years, and we found more and more solutions we can used to upgrade our project, now we are working on overwrite our page use View JS (VUE) solution. and we are looking for report solution as well, we already start testing your report solution.

Pros

Great values of Support, always easily get help from Syncfusion, it is very important reason as developer I like Syncfusion. Syncfusion has a lot of solutions that are very match with our requirements.

Cons

still has some bugs for some new products.

Reasons for Switching to Essential Studio

We don't like to use SharePoint for our document template solution and we move documents out of SharePoint .

Matthew from Realtimeknowledge.com

Full featured and easy to implement

Very satisfied with the suit of tools, they work very well and help give a quality feel to a user interface.

Pros

The range of controls means that we have one go to place for all the controls that we use. Which makes it idea for use across our platfrom

Cons

I think the documentation could do with a little improvement, but that is being picky

Reasons for Choosing Essential Studio

The breadth of controls and the quality

Reasons for Switching to Essential Studio

We had a wide mix of libraries and frameworks in use and this was a jumble, syncfusion consolidated this into one source for all the UI elements we needed to augment good modern javascript and html.

The holy grail

Pros

Our application needed a quick customizable grid control. There are many options out there but all cost too much for our very small company. Syncfustion was the best for us. In our Windows forms, we use many small grids for the 1-many representation of data which are all created programmatically.

Cons

Feature reach. Customizable. Affordable. Good support.

See above

Reasons for Switching to Essential Studio

vsflex worked with vb6 very well. We needed to convert to .net.

Cesar from BSoft

Industry: Program Development

best choice for B-Soft

my experience with syncfusion is the best, I have an excellent support, I never had something thus. Each quarter I read the roadmap and I'm waiting new features. They suprise me always.

Pros

Syncfusion is really easy to use, It was integrated in existenting code and I will use for new projects. I like it because I' m going to use React js

Cons

difficult question, really I like it so much. I just would like to integrate with GraphQL easier.

Reasons for Choosing Essential Studio

this is complete for me, it has same features for every platform, now I use asp.net mvc but I'm going to use react js soon, both with same features.

Ivan from freelance

Great software with great support = winner

Awesome, product is worth it 100%

Pros

It has an entry point for any licence requirement A broad of components in many different technologies Awesome support: Forum + Direct Issues + issue tracking Constantly updating the product and documentation with improvements and fixes. Any support response usually gets a demo working code to demonstrate the workaround, fix or whatever you asked

Cons

Due the huge technologies and components sometimes documentation and demos can get out to date. Fortunately they have an incredible support team that answer your question very quick

Ian from Wolfhound Software

Syncfusion is a great choice

My experience so far is fantastic. Support has been exceptional and they really seem to want to help. The breath of controls and the fact you can switch between platforms and still have a great toolset available has made it a pleasure to work with.

Pros

One of the best features is that once you become familiar with the toolset, it is easy to use across platforms (Web;Desktop;Mobile). The style of the documentation is easy to follow and the performance of the controls is really good. Support is excellent and they seem to really want to help.

Cons

Having switched from another vendor to SyncFusion, I have found that the reporting suite doesn't quite deliver what I am used to (although this could be done to the fact that I am more familiar with another product).

Reasons for Choosing Essential Studio

Price was better and the documentation was much better.

Reasons for Switching to Essential Studio

Syncfusion provided more controls especially for Web and Xamarin forms.

Johan from Hatch

Syncfusion set the industry benchmark for software component support

Pros

Syncfusion support for its components is industry leading.

Cons

Gantt component is less than mediocre. Many issues but the biggest “insert task” breaks the dependencies\predecessors. Many other issues related to Gantt– specifically on WPF. Considering that the Gantt component was the component that point us and motivate for Syncfusion. Also - we are considering other vendor components going forward for Gantt. This might be a slow move away from Syncfusion.

DevExpress, Telerik, Infragistics, GrapeCity, Bryntum

Improve support

Richard from CodePro

I Like it

First project using client side Blazor with Syncfusion and some parts have gone super quick as when using the Kanban control. There's been ups and downs but overall it's been pretty good from a productivity perspective. The Syncfusion Support Team are very, very helpful.

Pros

The Syncfusion Support team are very helpful and kind and pleasant to deal with. The public demos and samples are enough to entice you in. On top of that, the support team are quick to mock up additional samples to highlight specific functionality. The Visual Studio templates are a real time saver when preparing a sample project.

Cons

It's still early(ish) days for Blazor and as such some controls are maturing a little slower than others. For example in terms of easily hooking up odatav4 endpoints to the more complicated controls, to get that huge productivity gain. This will change as time progresses and keep in mind that the support team are very helpful in navigating these sorts of issues. Demos and samples are great and just enough to entice you in, although I wish there was more.

1. Community License 2. Rich Text Editor

Reasons for Switching to Essential Studio

Syncfusion has a RichTextEdit control which Telerik didn't have. Also the community license which I qualified for.

Xavier from Causal Sarl

Recommending Syncfusion for Xamarin

Very good.

Pros

Lots of high quality controls and extremely valuable technical support when facing a problem.

Cons

The iOS app SyncfusionControls seems to have disappeared from App Store. That's unfortunate because it was really useful to see which controls where available and ideas on how to use them. Possibly I missed a way to better access the underlying code when something was interesting, from my computer instead of reading on the smartphone. All in all the quality of controls is high but possibly their rendering out-of-the-box should be improved a bit so that the resulting app is not "technically good" but visually as well. This could be done with additional examples on how to combine the various controls in sample one-page apps for instance.

Reasons for Choosing Essential Studio

I don't find "Telerik UI" in your list so this is another I considered but I preferred the richness of Syncfusion.

Brenda from Cambron Software

Why I use Essential Studio

Pros

I love the sfDataGrid and the Docking Manager and the way the documentation is so clear to enable me to integrate it with my software. It is very easy to use and the support team have been able to help with any issues I have had. I also love the Excel export feature. Very easy to integrate with Visual Studio.

Cons

There is nothing I dislike, but it is not so easy to upgrade all the references in Visual Studio when there is an update to Essential Studio. I end up deleting them all and adding the new ones.

Andrew from CastleSoft

Syncfusion

Pros

A solid range of components and libraries for all areas of development (web, desk, and mobile). Good support for Blazor and Xamarin for those who like cutting edge. The XIO and other file format libraries make development a breeze.

Cons

The separation of Reports into the Bold product range makes installation a little longer and the pricing model for bold can be confusing for new users. The quality of the bold reporting is excellent the integration has improved between Syncfusion and bold over time.