All Essential Studio Reviews

Ray

Information Technology and Services, 2-10 employees

Reviewed April 2020

Complete, robust, fully functional web UI

Overall it's a great product. It does everything Telerik Kendo does but is cheaper and therefore a better value.

PROS

The Syncfusion Grid component is as good or better than any other on the market. It has every feature you could want: paging, sorting, filtering, sizing and reordering columns, exporting to PDF, CSV, or Excel. And they have just about every other rich web component you think of: Calendar, sortable list, embedded rich text/HTML editor, charts, maps, you name it. And best of all, their free community license includes ASP.Net MVC so you can develop rich MVC web UI applications. And also includes Xam

CONS

Although they have extensive documentation, they so many components that do so many things, that not every feature has specific programming examples, so you sometimes have to figure things out through trail and error. And although the MVC components all have tons of methods and parameters you sometimes have to write JavaScript to make it work the way you want. So you need to be a strong programmer.

Reasons for switching to Essential Studio

The free community license version of Synfusion is way better than Telerik Kendo's open source product. Kendo is JavaScript only and Synfusion gives community users their whole platform.

Bert

Information Technology and Services, 1 employee

Using Winform controls - Diagram

Very professional, didn't bug me with emails. Great support.

PROS

Great examples online (free) Support very very responsive Great documentation

CONS

No Cons. Maybe the tutorials could have a fully featured example, rather than multiple examples with many features.

Reasons for switching to Essential Studio

Better looking controls and free usage if creating freeware.

Kevin

Higher Education, 51-200 employees

Reviewed July 2023

Suitable for start-ups

Generally great.

PROS

Lots of great features and they don't want an arm and a leg before you can use them.

CONS

Windows Forms code is all in the designer which makes it very difficult to focus on/find the useful parts.

Better controls, better support

Reviewed January 2024

Excelent product and fair pricing model

Great developer experience and really great support from the comunity. Beautiful and ready to use stylesheets and easy to use controls collection. Just a great thing.

PROS

The documentation is clear and well described. It could be extended for special cases, but I guess they are ongoing to do that.

CONS

Fast community support and great controls collection that speed up also older devices (compared with MS Community Toolkit stuff).

Abigail

Reviewed January 2021

Product with a lot of bugs and bad support

PROS

Includes a lot of features, and add new features. Has some free books.

CONS

The documentation is very bad. Include only very basic and unreal samples The support is very bad I spent one year with some errors with the report component. They fix one bug with the report and added 5 or 6 errors. I moved to Devexpress and after some years they still continue working with the bugs. I tested xamarin and the demo includes a lot of errors. I tested angular and got a lot error several weeks and support doesn't help me.

Reasons for switching to Essential Studio

The bad support, documentation, samples and a lot of bugs.

GERALD

Reviewed November 2023

SYNCFUSION REVIEW

PROS

I used syncfusion. It has the best Data tables(Syncfusion Datagrid) evever

CONS

A bug with syncfusiondatagrid table serach function which was later fixed

Jorge

Reviewed October 2023

A must have for developpers

It is a must have, great looking apps, with extra features that we don't need to "waste"time developing.

PROS

Easy of use, features and a amazing support team

CONS

nothing to point, usually everything can be made with more or less code.

Reason for choosing Essential Studio

Quality of product and the quality of their support team

Information Technology and Services, 2-10 employees

Essential additions to your WinUI3 development toolbox

Really pleased with both the product and the company, especially the support organisation.

PROS

Easy to use (scheduling control, DocIO, and PDF generator), great support who emailed me a sample app they had put together for me to demonstrate how to do something I hadn't been able to work out, has a community edition for very small scale developers like us.

CONS

The WinUI3 version of Essential Studio doesn't contain everything that the other versions contain yet.

Reason for choosing Essential Studio

Features first (needed to have the ability to create a calendar style control, and mail merge to PDF), then cost.

Amit

Research, 2-10 employees

Reviewed February 2024

I use it on my webapp

I am extremely happy user of SyncFusion. And also grateful for providing me the community license just by writing an email. Great product and great community service by providing free licenses to small scale companies and helping them build great products and grow.

PROS

I wanted to set up a search engine which finds tables from my excel collection and show it on my website. I used SyncFusion's excel library to do so, and I am extremely happy. Very easy to set up and start using it. Anyone can trust SyncFusion without any doubt at all. Thank you SyncFusion team.

CONS

I found no con so far. I have just started using it.

Reason for choosing Essential Studio

I found it better than other products and also the community license helped me choose your product.

Mohammed

Writing and Editing, 2-10 employees

Reviewed January 2024

PROS

Syncfusion did a wonderful job. I use BoldDesk and DocIO and they are very helpful and supportive products.

CONS

Nothing so far, everything is working smoothly.

Josef

Management Consulting, 2-10 employees

Company 3.0

PROS

I am involved in the Theory of Constraints, which is a comprehensive management approach. We build simple applications on a low-code platform in javasfripts which together with tools like dashboards, charts and projects gives us great support.

CONS

I've been using ES for a very short time, so I don't see any problems so far.

Reasons for switching to Essential Studio

Chart.js are very simple with limited functionality.

Hariom

Environmental Services, 2-10 employees

Used monthly for less than 6 months

Good component for development

PROS

Most of features are implemented already, not need to write complex code.

CONS

I don't like GIS component of Essential Studio.

Lee

Reviewed August 2023

Software development partnership made in heaven.

Great company to work with and it feels like the Syncfusion team are an extension of our own team. If you need components for your application development no matter what language, there is probably something in the tool set. I made the decision to use Syncfusion a long time ago and have never looked back. As development trends change and new languages come along Syncfusion are always there with up to date tools for the job.

PROS

Having a huge number of components ready built and fully customisable at hand is amazing. Saves so much time and they help make applications look great. The support from Syncfusion is probably the best support I have received in my time being a developer.

CONS

I think sometimes the documentation could be better. It is not always easy to find the help you need to perform a specific task but this is always countered by top notch support.

Reason for choosing Essential Studio

At the time Syncfusion were the only company offering PDF support. Along with all the other components that covered all aspects of development, whether web, windows, office integration.

Cesar

Reviewed October 2023

Best componet and Best support

We are happy using these components, we are always looking forward to new versions with their improvements.

PROS

I like many components that allow many functionalities to be integrated within the same application such as projects and spreadsheets.

CONS

everything is very good, there are components that are maturing and the graphics could improve a little more

many componentes, excellent support, every 3 month new features

Reasons for switching to Essential Studio

Syncfusion have easy but excelent components.. and the supports

Lucas

Reviewed March 2021

Overall it's been great. As my familiarity with the product increases, my productivity has increased dramatically, which I'm very excited about.

PROS

I love the fact that the software is usable across a broad spectrum of different technologies - Blazor, ASP.NET Core, Javascript, Flutter, etc..

CONS

The 'immediate' support team could do a better job, but support overall is better than it would first appear. You have to

Reason for choosing Essential Studio

I looked at a number of different components but I thought Syncfusion provided the best overall value compared to everyone else.

Jose L.

Reviewed May 2020

Just the best developer tools in the market

Essential Studio is my preferred tool for user interface development. No other tool is comparable in usability and features.

PROS

Support for multiples platforms, documentation and support.

CONS

I've no cons in the product. It's a complete solution for UI development in several platforms like net core, angular, flutter, etc.

Reason for choosing Essential Studio

Platforms supported, quality of controls and documentation.

Reviewed April 2020

Xamarin UI controls

I’ve used the Syncfusion controls when I worked at other companies so I knew what I was getting into. I felt very confident in the controls, ease of integration and quality of the technical support team. By using these controls I’ve been able to get my apps out the door much faster than before.

PROS

Integration is a breeze. The software is well designed and is rock solid. One of the best additions to the software are two apps you can download, Syncfusion Controls Explorer and Essential UI kit. The Controls explorer does a great job of showcasing various controls and illustrating different ways the control can be used. The other app, Essential UI Kit provides me with both a jumpstart for getting certain screens up and running but also a real work example of how the controls can be used. As an independent developer, I don’t have the luxury of hiring a full-time designer nor the flexibility of time to see how the control works. These controls allow me the ability to get my app up and running faster than before.

CONS

The grid control still needs work. It’s great for presenting data, but if you’re looking for more flexibility when entering values directly within the grid, you’ll be disappointed. The richness of options available to you just isn’t there. Knowledgebase on the website needs work. You can drill down to a specific control, say, Xamarin.Forms -> SfDataGrid however if I search for "Initialize" it searches the entire product line. Really frustrating and makes the feature rather useless.

Reason for choosing Essential Studio

I ran a development shop with a team of 50 developers. I always promoted the idea of developers building apps on the side with support from the organization. Not only helped the developer expand their knowledge and skillset, but also help the company. Experience the developer gained by writing these apps was invaluable to us at a later point in time. Syncfusion understands this concept. Their software is free for independent developers with sales under a certain threshold, and in return, the developer brought the experience of using these controls to their full-time job—a win-win for both of us.

Solomon