Essential Studio Software Reviews

FrontRunners 2022

• icon"Simple API, support second to none, it fits seamlessly into what I want to achieve."
  • icon"I love the sfDataGrid and the Docking Manager and the way the documentation is so clear to enable me to integrate it with my software."
  • icon"And best of all, their free community license includes ASP.Net MVC so you can develop rich MVC web UI applications."
  • icon"In our case, the limited code-behind required is not considered a barrier."
  • icon"Documentation has limited descriptions eg events and properties."
  • icon"It has a lot of missing feature and a lot of bugs that already submitted. Also the documentation is missing and poor, i need a lot of time to find the answer to my question that if is exists."

All Essential Studio Reviews

Ray

Complete, robust, fully functional web UI

Overall it's a great product. It does everything Telerik Kendo does but is cheaper and therefore a better value.

Pros

The Syncfusion Grid component is as good or better than any other on the market. It has every feature you could want: paging, sorting, filtering, sizing and reordering columns, exporting to PDF, CSV, or Excel. And they have just about every other rich web component you think of: Calendar, sortable list, embedded rich text/HTML editor, charts, maps, you name it. And best of all, their free community license includes ASP.Net MVC so you can develop rich MVC web UI applications. And also includes Xam

Cons

Although they have extensive documentation, they so many components that do so many things, that not every feature has specific programming examples, so you sometimes have to figure things out through trail and error. And although the MVC components all have tons of methods and parameters you sometimes have to write JavaScript to make it work the way you want. So you need to be a strong programmer.

Reasons for switching to Essential Studio

The free community license version of Synfusion is way better than Telerik Kendo's open source product. Kendo is JavaScript only and Synfusion gives community users their whole platform.

Lucas

Overall it's been great. As my familiarity with the product increases, my productivity has increased dramatically, which I'm very excited about.

Pros

I love the fact that the software is usable across a broad spectrum of different technologies - Blazor, ASP.NET Core, Javascript, Flutter, etc..

Cons

The 'immediate' support team could do a better job, but support overall is better than it would first appear. You have to

Reasons for choosing Essential Studio

I looked at a number of different components but I thought Syncfusion provided the best overall value compared to everyone else.

Ed

Syncfusion Rocks!

Pros

Integration with our business processes was easy.

Cons

Some of the features differ from how they are entered or set within the actual application such as Excel and PowerPoint. And some of the features that I require in order to produce the desired output are not present.

Timothy

Syncfusion for the StartUp

In addition to supporting Xamarin Forms, we are following a strict MVVM methodology and leveraging C# as much as possible across as many platforms as possible. Currently, this includes the most popular standard platforms that Xamarin Forms supports: iOS, Android, UWP. We will also be supporting Blazor (C# in browser web assembly) and one of the Syncfusion features we hope to leverage is their Blazor support. We are waiting for .NET 5 GA to leap into that part of the project, but are hopeful our good experience with Syncfusion componentson Xamarin Forms supported platforms will be matched in the Browser based client using Syncfusion Blazor components.

Pros

Our project is to build a commercial-grade, security-compliant, serverless mobile app platform using only tools that are budget-friendly for startups. Our tool-chain selection includes AWS services (API Gateway, Cognito, Lambda, DynamoDB, ...), Microsoft .NET Core/Standard, Visual Studio and Xamarin. All these tools are essentially free until your app starts scaling. Syncfusion's community edition was chosen because it provides commercial-grade features and doesn't burden the entrepreneur with out-of-pocket expenses until their app is generating revenue. Finally, our experience with Syncfusion's support has been first rate.

Cons

Syncfusion targets many different UI presentation layers. In our case, we use Xamarin Forms which is relatively new for Syncfusion. The controls are generally solid but do require more "code-behind" work than is generally recommended in the Xamarin community. There are shops that totally refuse to allow "any" code-behind and if you are one of those you may have some issues using all of the Syncfusion controls. In our case, the limited code-behind required is not considered a barrier. In addition, the Syncfusion documentation is obviously not written by a native English speaker and as such can be amusing at times and occasionally annoying .

Reasons for choosing Essential Studio

Availability of Syncfusion community edition and similar feature set.

Reasons for switching to Essential Studio

Syncfusion has a more robust feature set than the native Xamarin Forms componients.

Ronny

Industry: Broadcast Media

Perfect for my needs

I mainly use their Winforms GridControl. First steps are very easy but as soon as you are digging deeper, their online documentation (due to the massive amount of capabilities) is not sufficient and you must open a ticket with their support team. But that's not a problem because they respond in a timely fashion and have solved all my problems/questions. Overall I'm very satisfied with this product.

Pros

Due to the comprehensive Online Documentation and User Forum, the first and basic steps are easy to accomplish.

Cons

When updating to newer versions and/or updates it is very important that you follow the exact steps, as described in the corresponding documents. Otherwise you will end up in a situation where your app does no longer compile and run.

Jose L.

Just the best developer tools in the market

Essential Studio is my preferred tool for user interface development. No other tool is comparable in usability and features.

Pros

Support for multiples platforms, documentation and support.

Cons

I've no cons in the product. It's a complete solution for UI development in several platforms like net core, angular, flutter, etc.

Reasons for choosing Essential Studio

Platforms supported, quality of controls and documentation.

Martin

Great tools with great feature and make us save time.

Me and My team we appreciate this tool because it really help to bring our new software to another level. With all the documentations and the demos this help me and my team to go quickly thru the learning curves.

Pros

They provide a lot of demo and they have a great support.

Cons

Sometime some feature are taking long before being deploy with there version.

Reasons for choosing Essential Studio

They had one feature that I was not able to find in Kendo UI and this was the Mindmap.

Reasons for switching to Essential Studio

This tool was not complete and we did not have the support we needed.

Zoran

Syncfusion Blazor

Transition my Visual Basic 60 LIS software to Web application.

Pros

I have invested Grid control, in WebAssembly configuration, using EF core. It works fine. Support is very prompt and good.

Cons

In some cases, events handler, Data Manager of UI controls are black boxes without more details.

Number of Controls, Documentations, Support and Community licensing

Reasons for switching to Essential Studio

Blazor Syncfusion UI Controls give me possibility to produce Web application faster then usually from begining.

Amos

review

Very intriguing but sometimes a bit frustrating because of the small details you miss when implementing things.

Pros

Diversified features of the grid - has almost everything I needed from a grid.

Cons

Learning curve is steep as there are a lot of small tweaks one should know in order to achieve something.

Reasons for switching to Essential Studio

I wanted more features and your grid has the functionalities I needed.

lloyd

Industry: Information Services

October 2022

One of the best out there if not the best .

its a great product

Pros

best thing about this product is they have all the controls you need . in all different platforms and all your apps have a similar look and feel which is great not to mention all controls have everything you need

Cons

with wpf i had some issues with referencing on the xaml side ,

Craig

One of the first companies to give entrepreneurial Software Developers a break.

A great thing about the Syncfusion components is that they work in Xamarin. I can create mobile apps without changes. Xamarin did not generate a Windows app that I liked, so I build an app using Winforms that looks like the mobile apps. Syncfusion for Winforms allowed me to do this and share code with the mobile apps.

Pros

Six years ago, I started developing a large scale enterprise product. It required a lot of full stack development. It runs on Windows, Android and IOS. The infrastructures is all Docker containers. I am not a UI guy and didn’t have the time to build the UI components needed. Syncfusion components work well. Their generous licensing policies made using the tools possible. Most impressive, is that I have received the same quality support as one of their paying customers. My system has architecture that I developed to solve a problem specific to my target industry. I did hit a bug that had not been seen before. Syncfusion’s support staff verified that the bug was in their code and issued a patch without argument. I can’t tell you how many times a company has told me “the software is not supposed to do that, so it’s not a bug”.

Cons

There are components that I found difficult to understand even after reading the doc. But it was more the task at hand then a problem with a component. For example: To use the Word functions to manipulate a Word file, you must understand how Word structures its documents. But a note to support always results in a sample. So, really there is nothing negative to say.

Reasons for choosing Essential Studio

Syncfusion provides many more components then I needed for my app. I funded the company, now six years into development. That would have meant paying the license fee for six years with no income. I will happily pay the fees when my company has an income but before that time, I could not afford the product. Syncfusion products run as advertised with great support. What else can you ask for? I am a real person (not a company shill). My name is Craig Brown and my company is CISOware. My app will (hopefully) be a great advancement to the field of Information Security.

Industry: Mining & Metals

Essential Studio for WPF

Overall experience is fantastic. Installation is straight forward, updates are published at a timely manner.

Pros

I like the completeness and in depth features of all the controls that I use, especially the data grid control which I use extensively. The sample application and online documentation is clear and succinct. I find that breaking down the examples by feature is great when compared to other control vendors I have seen, that simply provide a high level example and nothing to demonstrate each feature separately. On the few occasions that I have requested support, I have always received an answer in a timely manner. What makes the WPF suite good value is not just the number of feature rich controls, but the complete package including the documentation help and support that is available.

Cons

There are only two minor issues that I have with the suite of tools. 1. I get regular feedback from users that the date picker control is clunky to use. I can echo the feedback. Entering a date does not feel smooth, especially when entering the year. Hard to describe, but feel like it cycles back around to the year zero. 2. I would like it if I could customize the calendar control more. Would be great if I could easily template out the control for each date so I could use it to display what ever info I wanted in each date cell. Maybe there is a way to do this, but either way I have not been successful in being able to template out the calendar control for the requirements at the time.

Reasons for choosing Essential Studio

I chose the Syncfusion WPF controls for the reasons that its a complete suite of tools that I need to use. Each control is feature rich and especially important for me is the access to succinct examples that demonstrate each of the features and access to what I consider premium support should I require it.

Vincent

Expensive and poor support but best available solution

I had to rely on their support team for almost everything when it came to integrating the scheduling component into my software because the documentation was really poor. There is a lot of documentation but the problem with it is that it just doesn't explain how to use anything. You'd find a reference to the problem you're having, and the documentation tells you what this thing is supposed to do but doesn't tell you how to implement it. At times it just seemed like it was written from the perspective of somebody who already knew how to use everything and that's obviously not very useful. The good thing is the support team is always willing to help (though I always had to wait until the next day for an answer) but the bad thing is that sometimes they didn't read my question carefully and ended up giving answers to questions I wasn't even asking. It was at times frustrating to deal with support (and I think the language barrier might've been the issue), but credit to them they were always polite and willing to help. I just wish I didn't need to call on them for everything. They also have a support chat and a few times I had a good guy who was able to be helpful, but other times the person answering the chat was almost useless, redirecting me to tier 2 support for even simple things. One guy even told me "Chat support is only a triage. We don't actually help you."

Pros

I got Syncfusion primarily for the scheduler component and having looked at other options, this was the best front end solution I could find for my software. It's not perfect, but it's very good in terms of functionality and user interface. I think my clients will enjoy using this scheduler.

Cons

It's a bit awkward to implement and the documentation is very poor. As for the scheduler, it comes with built in popup windows for creating and modifying events, but trying to get their styling to match my own was a nightmare because they did not use the same classes for every window, and not even the same classes for every button. It was surprising how inconsistent they were with their styling and that made it impossible to create consistent spacing and styling to match the rest of my system, so I ended up blocking all the popups and creating my own but this also was not easy or obvious. I had to contact support several times just to figure out how to use my own popups.

Reasons for choosing Essential Studio

It had the best scheduling component in terms of functionality and the way it looks and works for the end user.

Xamarin UI controls

I’ve used the Syncfusion controls when I worked at other companies so I knew what I was getting into. I felt very confident in the controls, ease of integration and quality of the technical support team. By using these controls I’ve been able to get my apps out the door much faster than before.

Pros

Integration is a breeze. The software is well designed and is rock solid. One of the best additions to the software are two apps you can download, Syncfusion Controls Explorer and Essential UI kit. The Controls explorer does a great job of showcasing various controls and illustrating different ways the control can be used. The other app, Essential UI Kit provides me with both a jumpstart for getting certain screens up and running but also a real work example of how the controls can be used. As an independent developer, I don’t have the luxury of hiring a full-time designer nor the flexibility of time to see how the control works. These controls allow me the ability to get my app up and running faster than before.

Cons

The grid control still needs work. It’s great for presenting data, but if you’re looking for more flexibility when entering values directly within the grid, you’ll be disappointed. The richness of options available to you just isn’t there. Knowledgebase on the website needs work. You can drill down to a specific control, say, Xamarin.Forms -> SfDataGrid however if I search for "Initialize" it searches the entire product line. Really frustrating and makes the feature rather useless.

Reasons for choosing Essential Studio

I ran a development shop with a team of 50 developers. I always promoted the idea of developers building apps on the side with support from the organization. Not only helped the developer expand their knowledge and skillset, but also help the company. Experience the developer gained by writing these apps was invaluable to us at a later point in time. Syncfusion understands this concept. Their software is free for independent developers with sales under a certain threshold, and in return, the developer brought the experience of using these controls to their full-time job—a win-win for both of us.

Superb Support! Practical stuff microsoft left out Good C# Library

Good Sf DataGrid, great column types that do most of the validation I need without a lot of coding And really,really,really good support. They just answer my questions in a day with a code snippet that they have written. The XLSIO lib's which read/write pdf, microsoft office files are also excellent. Minor issue with them is that they hold on to File's a bit too long as mentioned in the con's easy workaround give XLSIO calls C# FileStreams whenever possible...the XLSIO save and saveas functions work fine...

Pros

Good Grid Great PDF read/write , Excel read/write much better, faster and more reliable than microsoft stuff Support is just outstanding; Send in a request and they both answer the questions and frequently write the code snippet for you...wow! Excellent Code Samples, Be sure and use the Code demo/sample browser for Windows..good stuff

Cons

If it takes more then 10 or 15 minutes to understand where to find a particular feature or functionality just send the question to Support. Documentation is mediocre and not nearly as good as Microsoft. Some things that should be exposed in properties and instead implemented via event handlers. Still much less work using Syncfusion tools then coding in Microsoft GUI widgets Grid by default does not look like MIcrosoft Access for insert/delete records but that may just be my particular needs 4 grid products of which 2 are kept to update and recommended. I used SfDataGrid Sometimes you have to reach out to support or documenation to get syntax for a "foreach" loop as opposed to Microsoft Tools where it's easy to do it. For my usages and applications, SfDataGrid is not feasible to use Visual Code Generator on unbound columns Syncfusion XLSIO tools to read/write Microsoft Office files and PDF's likes to hold onto File Locks a little too long... So easy fix is to always pass in C# FileStream type or MemoryStream done via Using (FileStream) I recommend using Tools->Nuget Package Manager->Package Manger Console because searching for Syncfusion packages to install via browse function in Visual Studio 2019 returns too many matches and takes too long to do. That's both a pro and con; Pro that they use Nuget to install part's of the library of tools...and Con which is not really their fault that browse search for nuget is not very good at searching (Microsoft design issue?)

Reasons for choosing Essential Studio

Grapecity had bugs and demo code was bad. Devexpress is similar to Syncfusion but is much more expensive for small startup firm