• Pros

• "I like the simplicity of adding plugins and features extending the api capabilities, it greatly increases the flexibility of this amazing software"

• "quicky, easy to get concept into operation. No code, but comprehensive in ability to produce solutions"

• "Easy to use, and has streamlined our office's productivity."

• Cons

• "Slow loading at times, but we've been able to manage through just fine."

• "just a few UI glitches with traversing menus/lists. Web services manager seems sluggish when presenting a number of solutions ( 10+), could be browser related however"

• "Most of the features has no hints to give you which makes difficult to develop"

Browse Linx Reviews

Harold from Fenix Consulting - Canada

Excellent support from start to finish

Extremely functional piece of data connection puzzle

Pros

Very helpful in providing access to developer partners to implement a complete solution, and provide customer access after for easy maintenance.

Cons

There's nothing I don't like, but the only con is that it doesn't have the most user-friendly interface, relative to competitors, but since those competitors cost more than 50 times as much, there's no real competition when all is considered.

Paul from Knadel

Flexible systems integration toolkit

Automated systems integration

Pros

As a consulting firm helping our clients solve complex systems integration challenges we have found Linx to be an excellent toolkit that includes an environment that supports the development of the collecting of data from multiple source types, transforming that data as required using multiple techniques, then delivering the results to multiple target systems. It also thereafter supports the continuous automated processing of the results of the development work as an unattended server service. As a result we have solved many different systems integration challenges including as our clients needs have evolved.

Cons

The Help functionality in version 4 is limited, making the toolkit less of a self sufficient solution that it might otherwise be. However the level of support means this is not a practical problem, which in any case is due to be addressed in version 5.

Christopher from Harvest Company, International

Is Linx for you?

Overall, Linx's current model is lacking in too many areas which are important to developers who need to deploy applications quickly across multiple platforms. Linx Server should not have a place in the build/deployment stage. This alone limits my available options for building/deploying where I want to for the most efficiency. I shouldn't have to change my approach to developing application to ensure that Linx fits squarely.

Pros

My initial assessment is unbiased, the application is easy to deploy. The Linx IDE and Linx Server both maintained a very reasonable memory footprint. I didn't have any lag during build or deployment phases.

Cons

My primary concern is dependency issues that involve deploying to Linx Server. My secondary issue is the lack of importing other projects files from other popular ide's. Not having direct Visual Studio support in regard to syncing projects is a major affair. The Linx "bundle" (ide, and server) just doesn't extend the type of functionality need for today's developer. If the deployment model is changed to include other platforms, Linx could justify itself as a potential major player. As a developer, we know beyond question that build/deployment platforms are a matter of taste or technique. That being said, this requires a great deal of flexibility when we decide to utilize a particular tool for software engineering. Linx does have a rapid build model in place that is competitive. However, do not neglect the need for sound logical principles during getting/setting datatypes. The Linx is not so "out-of-the-box" in the foregoing, very little is done by Linx behind the scenes to either generate common sql scripting from scratch or a template (which are non-existent). From my experience, true rapid application development must have drag-and-drop features. A designer view is required to implement this feature. Unfortunately, Linx fails here also.

Adrian from EFCO Befestigungstechnik AG

The best tool to start overall automation

Mostly, we use Linx to create interfaces and use it as middleware. We can see all tasks on a beautiful dashboard on our Linx server and are informed about any problems before our stakeholders recognize them. Furthermore, it is great that our company depends less on a few superusers and programmers they use their own style of code - because nothing is easier as to get into Linx and work with it. Additionally, we also use Linx to inform customers about delivery status etc. it is easy to connect it to other tools like mandrill and we do also internal checks of data quality by queries in our databases.

Pros

We compared a lot of complex solutions such as Talend, KNIME etc. No one of these were as easy to use as Linx. Linx brings everything you need in the daily business to automate your processes and take the next step in digitalizing your business... it's just awesome!

Cons

I couldn't find any negative aspects. :)

Reasons for Choosing Linx

Easy to use and the best price

Brendon from Media Host (Pty) Ltd

fairly extensive experience with Linx now

Arland from Arland Head Consulting

LINX is just what I was looking for in my search for a simple data integration solution.

Pros

LINX allows me to cut the time it takes to create a data integration solution. I can make many of the same system connections in less time than writing a custom code solution. All of my customers are in the SMB market and LINX allows me to provide them the same powerful solutions that the more massive companies have access too and at a price point that fits nicely in the SMB budgets.

Cons

The thing that I like the least is I am not able to document my solution in LINX and then print out a copy or save to PDF. Although, I would not consider this a reason to not use this product it does make creating a solution for a client a little more cumbersome.

Mike from Mike Allen Systems

A handy tool for systems integration and data wrangling

I use this software to integrate my local systems and more importantly to load my expenses to Xero with minimal fuss.

Pros

The best thing about Linx is that it provides a quick,concise low-code environment to copy files and talk to APIs that is easy to deploy to the server. The Xero plug-in is fully functional and provides comprehensive access to the Xero API

Cons

Linx requires you to understand the APIs that you are talking to, there are limited pre-built solutions.

Ivan from Florence Consulting Group

Useful and easy to use

Very useful, this product helps me to build-up and manage easily many automation tasks.

Pros

Easy of use, fast time-to-market solution implementation, excellent customer support, designer free of charges.

Cons

Pricing policy per solution, it's uncommon in a on-premise solution.

Awesome product!

Pros

Easy to use, and has streamlined our office's productivity.

Cons

Slow loading at times, but we've been able to manage through just fine.

Vivek from PlatformPlus Ltd

Excellent product and feature set

Simplify workflows and repetitive tasks

Pros

Great features that can be used to automated routine tasks as well and run complex workflows. The support team are very quick to respond to queries and provide useful information. In my tests so far, I have been very happy with the product and support.

Cons

None so far. From my brief testing I have not come across anything major lacking in the product. Any queries I had were answered promptly and accurately by very knowledgeable staff.

Ndumiso from Matatiele Local Municipality

Linx software

Trying to come up with the audit software where will be analysing information and numbers but couldn't work.

Pros

Pick and drop features was an easy to use in very development.

Cons

Most of the features has no hints to give you which makes difficult to develop

Stefan from SUPERLAB BEOGRAD

Industry: Wholesale

Linx Review

Very useful and helpfully tool.

Pros

The wide range of options and functionality, and also User friendly interface.

Cons

The price of Linx Server is maybe a little bit high. But, however, the product like this must be paid of course.

Joshua from BXGEN Games

Great Application

I mainly wanted to check out the software to see what capabilities it can do to create a web SaaS api like what Blockspring does. I wanted to see how flexible the plugins and extensions makes it much more useful

Pros

Cons

I think it would be a bit better if there were more up to date tutorials on a dedicated learning page of their site and also publishing it to YouTube, also making the videos a bit longer and more informative

Phillip from Prosuite P/L

In the brief time I was able to put towards using this product, I found it to be excellent.

none yet. I had to reconfigure my OS and have not been able to reinstall the product.

Pros

Click, select and implement all in just a matter of minutes. There is very little coding that you need to become familiar with in order to get your app codded. All selections are field focused with a minimum of coding required.

Cons

It's database of allowable functions left me wanting more. To be fair, I think there are many possible applications for this product than I had time to explore. My attention was directed towards other projects fairly quickly, and I will revisit the software as soon as I am able.

Solomon from Murray State University

I was curious about the software and wanted to know the features

Pros

It appears to be well designed. The interface was fairly intuitive. I liked the fact that one could create workflows easily.

Cons

I didn't find any serious issue with the software. Overall, there is not much not to like the software.

John from Biscount Software

Easy to work with and simple well written functions.

Made it easy to interface with the Xero API for our software.

Pros

It was easy to set up. The help documents are well written. I only used it to interface with Xero API but I was able to test other available functions that I will implement for other projects in the future.

Cons

I could only create an executable for running on a scheduled task. I also wanted one that could allow interfacing with the API on demand.

Andrea from Florence Consulting Group

A good tool for solving a wide range of integration issues

Pros

The Designer IDE is the good part of the product. Is simple to understand, to configure and very intuitive.

Cons

More details on working processes and more controls on task outcome could help to have more control to the solution.