What are Duo Security users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using Duo Security software through verified user reviews

• icon"Working in Higher Ed and files and documents for the students needs to be secure. I appreciate the ease and use of DUO."
  • icon"Once it's setup it's pretty easy to use. I appreciate that it syncs with my phone so I can just click a button on my phone to ensure it is me."
  • icon"Great online support and documentation library. Flexible subscription plans with affordable pricing."
  • icon"If you forget your phone at home, you are in trouble when it comes to authenticating. I wish there was some way around this."
  • icon"What if I get my phone stolen and unable to buy a new one."
  • icon"Sometimes the app lags quite a bit and doesn't send the push and that can be time consuming and frustrating."

Browse all Duo Security Reviews

• Have you used Duo Security and would like to share your experience with others?

Barry

Company size: 2 - 10 employees

Duo Security - Easiest DFA hands down

Andrey

The MFA champion

Pros

The mobile app for Duo is extremely intuitive and easy to use. As we implemented the product in our organization we were impressed with how little hand-holding was required for our user-base to adapt to the new authentication workflow.

Cons

This is going to seem nitpicky, and it is, but when the mobile application was recently re-written the location of the "accept/allow" login button switched from one side of the screen to the other. Users who frequently use the app very likely denied their login inadvertently.

Matthew

Simplified Security

I enjoy the endpoint security perspective of the application coupled with the simplistic user interface - this is very good for non-tech users working remotely.

Pros

I like that Duo let's you know what might compromise your experience on a platform. It tells you to upgrade your android/iOS handset and gives a severity level. This is great from an endpoint security perspective.

Cons

At times - the app takes a little time to prompt the user that an attempt is being made. This may be a function of slow infrastructure, but it is hard to assess.

Super easy to use mobile 2-factor authentication software

I have been using it for over 2 years and have never had an issue. It is very easy to use.

Pros

The way it connects to Cisco AnyConnect VPN so that I can safely connect to my work's network. I don't have to worry that someone will get into their network via my account because Duo is tied to my cell phone. It's very easy to use, you just open the app, click the show button on the 6 digit code, and punch that into AnyConnect when you try to connect. They also have an apple watch app so that you can receive the notifications on your watch to log in.

Cons

No qualms. It does what it's supposed to and does it in the most lightweight and streamlined way possible.

Stephen

Security to fill a gap, but not comprehensive offering

Duo Security is a strong SaaS product to fill the very specific infrastructure gap of 2-factor authentication for infrastructure.

Pros

Duo Security is a great product to fill a very specific gap in infrastructure security, specifically for SSH management. For requirements for 2-factor authentication for SSH, Duo is quick to implement

Cons

Duo is difficult to enroll users with, which creates a significantly higher administrative overhead than other options. There are also significantly more delays in the Duo pushed-based notification systems (depending on the user and their network, etc.), which can cause issues for users authenticating.

Reasons for choosing Duo Security

G Suite SAML login was more difficult to implement in very specific situations than simply purchasing Duo. In the future, the goal is to move to a more BeyondCorp style model where each specific application can use SAML and not rely on Duo

Anna

July 2022

Peace of Mind with Duo Security

Overall, I have peace of mind logging into work and knowing that my information is secure. The app is easy to use and easy to setup.

Pros

I use Duo Security when I log into work. Before Each shift, I log in and send a notification to the Duo app and click the pop up to login. I feel safer with the added security. Users have the ability to get a push, call, or passcode notification to log in. It is also easy to set up.

Cons

The biggest con is that it is an app for the phone. I broke my phone and could not log into work. I had to contact my management team to figure out a work around. Another disadvantage is the types of phones it works for. A few coworkers had older models and it did not work with their phone.

Aaron

April 2022

If DUO doesn't work, expect your company to be shut down for an unknown amount of time

I was solving authentication, I will be investigating switching to another MFA solution as soon as possible.

Pros

Our company switched Managed Service Providers, and we used DUO. When we switched over, DUO authentication stopped working. We had multiple users who DUO simply stopped working for. We and our MSP were unable to contact DUO support after multiple hours. I did get through to a person who put the phone down and appeared to be watching a video on YouTube in the background for about 10 minutes and then hung up on me. This had a serious negative impact on our business and I'm surprised that we were unable to get anyone to assist at all with such a business critical feature.

Cons

That when support is needed you can spend multiple hours on hold without any assistance. When someone does actually pick up the pick up the phone and place it on their desk and do not actually answer the call.

Reasons for choosing Duo Security

I would not choose DUO over any product

July 2022

Duo Mobile

Overall, because of these two experiences. I am genuinely going to look into an alternative option and preferably leave Duo as a personal preference. I love how secure it is but it's not okay to have a safety exit that doesn't work - like come on?

Pros

No one will ever get in to your apps or info

Cons

If you need to get in, you won't be able to. I had a phone stolen, and then unfortunately lost not long after I got a new phone. I had my back up codes saved when when the first one was stolen - did not let me into any of my apps and the worst part is - they give you 8-10 codes to use for a 'back up'. When the first one was stolen, I was extra safe and careful and then I sadly lost that one and I could, once again, not get into a single app using my back up codes.

christian

Industry: Defense & Space

February 2022

UW Stout Unleashed NAGware and timewasting software on students

I am seriously considering withdrawing from grad school if they keep this software in place.

Pros

Some tech got paid to inflict this software on users.

Cons

TIM WOODS and DOWNTIME! will lose 2% to 10% of a normal day dealing with Duo Security. When Duo wanted re-authentication on school work at UW Stout. I lost all the work I had done for that session. DUO - RETHINK YOUR SOFTWARE! before you INFLICT AND INFECT the world with your bullshit. I have been using almost 2 years and it has only gotten on update but not any better!

Mahipal Singh

Duo Security Review

My overall experience with Duo Security is very good. It helps my organisation to secure the company resources or data which I can access via my credentials by adding the real-time authentication system. It helps them to secure the data if their members credentials get compromised.

Pros

Multi-Factor Authentication is the best feature I like most. It makes my data or resources secure even if my credentials got compromised. Through their real-time authentication process, users can authenticate themselves from anywhere and then they can access their resources. It also helps an organisation secure its data or resources.

Cons

As of now, I don't have anything which I don't like about this software.

Amazing Software for MFA authentication

Overall Duo has helped us improving device security and we were able to integrate with our Palo Alto Firewall devices and had pretty smooth experience.

Pros

This worked pretty smoothly, when logging in the security devices such as firewalls, with duo we made sure no unauthorized users is logging into the devices with Multi Factor Authentication mechanism. With duo we simply were able to compliance with Zero Trust Model, no unauthorized users can make the changes on the system.

Cons

They can work on their mobile application and make sure to improve the user experience, I feel bit delay while receiving the authentication request. Also on mobile app they can make it like only one finger touch is enough to authenticate the user. So less clicks can make the experience way better.

Reasons for switching to Duo Security

Was easily able to integrate Duo with our devices, and it was fulfilling our requirement very easily.

Whitney

Excellent authentication tool

I travel often for work, and I log in to internal systems from different devices somewhat frequently. As long as I have my phone or the fob with me, Duo makes this very simple. I've never heard a colleague complain about it or have anything but positive things to say about how seamless it is. A quick tap of your phone screen or key in a passcode, and you're in business.

Pros

Duo makes multi-factor authentication super simple. The app makes verification seamless on your iPhone or Android device, and the fobs may be used without the app. Duo can also text or call users to authenticate, and you can save your preference for 30-day intervals. It's an easy way to be secure and provide piece of mind for the entire organization.

Cons

Nothing - everything I've experienced with Duo has been good.

Excellent platform with multi-factor authentication and zero-trust

The experience with DUO is very good, we have applied it to access sensitive company information, thus preserving the integrity of the business, preventing that information from leaking or being accessed by people who do not correspond.

Pros

The best thing about DUO is the possibility it gives you to define different access policies depending on the users, devices, where it is located and other contextual factors. It is really very granular the way it can be applied.

Cons

It is very important to define well the policy that you want to use at the Managerial level, because this will define the time necessary for the first load of user information in DUO to later be used as a double authentication factor; which can be very tedious and unfriendly.

Man Yi

Industry: Research

August 2022

A convenient tool for authentication

So far I do not have any security issue thanks to Duo Security.

Pros

After installing the app and setting up the account, everything is straightforward. When I try to log in to my workplace's email account, employee website, teaching platform, storage space and other applications at my workplace, DUO app on my phone gets activated and what I need to do is to approve.

Cons

It can be a problem if my phone is not around me or my phone is running out of power. But I do not know of any better solution.

March 2022

A Good 2FA Alternative

It speeds up authentication.

Pros

Instead of email or texting 2FA codes, this platform can provide authentication codes to be used for access to platforms. It saves time and frustration by not having to wait for communication.

Cons

It requires everyone install an application on their personal device to use, which can be off-putting to some.

Maritza

Security at your fingertips... Literally!

Duo has helped me meet my university single sign on security requirement for access to my account. I especially appreciate that I can use Duo with multiple accounts at once. That feature has been the best because I didn't actually have to set up anything new.

Pros

This product keeps your accounts safe and secure. With increasing use of single sign on for workplace accounts, Duo has been useful in providing the multifactor authentication my university requires in order to access my account. One benefit has been the ability to use Duo for security authentication with two additional accounts. Having one program to help manage access has been critical. It's easy to use, once you have made the initial installation, and provides secure authentication with the simple selection of "approve" or "deny" from the notification message itself.

Cons

The initial integration was a bit counterintuitive. Maybe it was that I was new, but once I got over that initial hurdle, it was great.

Hannah

Versatile and Secure

I feel much more secure with many of my accounts. It provides as overall sense of ease and security.

Pros

Duo security has an easy to use app that can serve as a two-factor identification hub for many types of accounts. I find it especially useful for protecting email and bank accounts. The push notifications are convenient for managing login in attempts and ensuring accounts are not compromised.

Cons

Sometimes the notifications are not immediate, and the login in attempt can time out. The software doesn't function well if network connection is poor.

Carolyn

August 2022

Having the two factory identification

Use it daily at work to ca access to confidential documents.

Pros

Able to limit users from getting access to confidential documents

Cons

There was nothing I liked lease I was interested in all of it.

Christina

June 2022

MFA options for all users

Pros

single interface for administering all users and devices; MFA options for all end users, and the ability to text self ten codes for backup - easy for admins to enable and disable accounts and devices

Cons

not all user and device features integrated with each other in admin console - in app, have multiple accounts with the same name (because was not always given option to name account on setup), and now have trouble telling them apart in order to rename them.

April 2022

Effortless way to enhance security

Pros

The speed Duo Mobile can push a notification to a mobile device is almost instant. This is much appreciated as it allows users to securely access necessary platforms without taking much time at all.

Cons

Experienced some difficulties when trying to add multi-factor authentication to a shared departmental account.

Ian

Industry: Computer Networking

very well managed service

The software is great but we have to handhold customers a bit in managing the role out of it

Pros

we deploy this for customers and are very impressed with the range od documentation and user guides Duo make available. Duo are very proactive about any outages or issues on their network and seem to resolve these quickly. none have directly affected us

Cons

It is slightly expensive, well its not but customers perceive it to be as we have to recharge the licence but they are used to 2FA for free with other services. It's actually reasonable for what it is.

Casey

Secure access

Duo is my organization's security program for two-factor authentication. I've never experienced any security or access issues with Duo and plan to continue using this platform for the foreseeable future.

Pros

I have the Duo App on my phone and it provides super simple two-factor authentication for remote access or when logging into secure sites.

Cons

It can be a little confusing trying to understand after first how Duo works, but once you've used it a few times, it becomes a seamless process.

Kerry Ann

Duo security

It was useful & effective.

Pros

The quick and easy flow access to codes.

Cons

Lost or miss used devise that's it's on you will have to download back applications on another smart device.

June 2022

Duo Security to log in to emails

I feel more secure in knowing my personal and work information are safe by using Duo Security.

Pros

I use Duo Security for multifactor aunthentication to log in to my work and univerity email accounts. It is very easy to use through my phone application or sometimes I also request for a phone call to verify my identity.

Cons

It is a bit of a hassle to reinstall the app and get it to work when you change phones.

Kristin

Duo is fantastic!

Overall I would highly recommend the product from a user standpoint, this is a easy and fast way to get the users logged in and getting started! They are link right up through the phone and mobile connected in seconds! Highly Recommended 10/10

Pros

I use the mobile authentication everyday; super easy and super fast! Works great with both iPhone and Android! Syncs very quickly and allows me to sign in no problem on the computer with in seconds

Cons

I do not really have any cons for this system, granted I only use it for mobile authentication into the secure environment, Authentication into the Zscaler & network- but works great! The only thing I can really think that would be better and it likely a setting issue I do not have access to is how long before you need to "re-authenticate"

Duo Security