All WordPress Reviews

Jon

E-Learning, 2 - 10 employees

Used unspecified

Reviewed May 2024

WordPress Review: Industry Standard for A Reason!

Luke

Graphic Design, 1 employee

Reviewed October 2022

Wordpress is by far the best website platform and is highly customisable

I love Wordpress and there is no other platform like it!

PROS

I have used Wordpress for myself and my clients for the past 10 years. It's my preferred platform to build websites on due to the amount of customisation I can make, unlike other platforms such as Shopify which is a lot more difficult and costly. Wordpress feels like a platform where there are no limits to what you can do.

CONS

Woocommerce can be a bit expensive with plugins, but I can make customisations myself unlike Shopify. The dashboard could also do with a refresh to make it more friendly for clients to use. I have had a few websites that have been hacked over the years so I would like to see better security on Wordpress.

Reason for choosing WordPress

Better customisations and page builder options. Cheaper in terms of plugins too.

Reasons for switching to WordPress

With every project, I need to choose whether it will be Wordpress or Shopify for e-commerce. I love shopify's interface, but the customisations can be difficult to make so I will choose Wordpress on occasions.

Lee

Civil Engineering, 51-200 employees

Reviewed July 2024

WordPress.

WordPress is an amazing solution for creating an website, easy to use and manage. It has a big community which can help you immediate if you need any help/support. Can be secured and optimized with ease for loading speed and SEO with the help of the plugins.

PROS

The most I like on WordPress is that there are available themes and plugins of any kind. It is easy to choose a deigns because there are available entire markets for templates. After choosing one importing and customizing it after my needs was very easy. Plugins needs to be mentioned here, from security plugins to SEO management all can be found in the plugins directory. Something else worth mentioning are the drag and drop builders that can help you create or adding contact to pages without any programming skills.

CONS

The costs of the website increase if you need advanced themes and plugins.

Rachael

Marketing and Advertising, 1 employee

Reviewed February 2020

Increasing Costs and Website Sub-products

I have built many WordPress websites for clients, as well as helped other clients update or upgrade their sites and/or add new content and features.

PROS

Since it is rather ubiquitous, hosting platforms have created ways to work with WordPress sites more efficiently. Also, WordPress offers a vast array of options for layout, design, features and functionality due to its open source format.

CONS

WordPress made a significant leap in software offerings and hardware demands, beginning in 2018, but advancing in 2019 that have led to many websites breaking, being quite out-of-date and unstable, and/or incompatibility issues between hosting platforms, PHP versions, WordPress core, theme, and plugins. Altogether, the WordPress platform has become too complex and too costly for the small business owner, even though that is a target demographic it was created to serve. Nowadays, hosting plans are increasing in cost, backup plans are required, security plans are becoming more necessary, and email plans of course are increasing in cost as well, not to mention increasing costs of feature-rich, but now expected, themes and plugins. The complexity of managing so many aspects of a site that need to be kept up-to-date (and updated or even upgraded often), along with the rising costs and tools needed to support a WordPress website are, together, making WordPress a less effective solution for small businesses. If this continues, I see that 10 years from now something else will have replaced it. I am, of course, hoping that WordPress can figure out how to solve these challenges and simplify the web maintenance incompatibility issues.

Reason for choosing WordPress

As described above. The feature that can easily link to the site via plugins are often what a client desires.

Reasons for switching to WordPress

Clients want more features, particularly for digital marketing, and the WordPress open source community has done a very good job of creating good plugins that will integrate with the site to make those tasks possible and even powerful.

Madeleine

Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees

Reviewed April 2024

The Most Customization Options for Your Website

Super flexible. Tons of themes to download that can suit your needs. A huge plugin library. Everything you could need and more without being restricted to base templates with no customizations.

PROS

WordPress gives me the most freedom out of every other website builder I have tried. There are so many ways you can make your website your own and there is so much documentation if you need support.

CONS

A knowledge of some coding is hugely helpful with WordPress. Not necessarily required, but sometimes there is some WordPress troubleshooting that can be solved easier when you know the code in the background.

Reason for choosing WordPress

WordPress allowed for the highest degree of customizations and was the most user friendly.

philipp

Information Technology and Services, 2-10 employees

Reviewed October 2023

All these good reviews have something in commen. Most people reviewing this have only ever used WP

In the end WP is a blogging platform and should NOT be used for your big corporate website. It has to many flaws for a that.Using any of the DIY theme builders you will create a good looking website that will become a maintenance, security and SEO nightmare. The amount of hours you will spend trying to fix stuff could have been spent on a system that works well. You will create a monster with 1000 plugins that will break the site as soon as there is a php update.Horrible, then more maintenance and money spend. WP is not a good idea unless it for a small DIY website for self or a small business

PROS

Its easy to install and get up and running. There are TONS of plugins.Great as a blog

CONS

Tons of plugins make the website a nightmare. Every day something stops working.You get attacked all the time so security needs to be on point at all times.Bad choice for a multi website CMS

Reason for choosing WordPress

Had to use it because of clients wishes

Touhidul Amin

Market Research, 1 employee

Reviewed May 2024

WordPress is a fantastic platform for creating websites due to its user-friendly interface, extensive customization options.

Its intuitive interface, vast array of themes and plugins, and strong community support have made it my preferred platform for building websites. While there have been occasional challenges with performance optimization and updates, its flexibility and functionality outweigh any drawbacks.

PROS

What stands out most about WordPress is its flexibility and scalability. With its extensive library of themes and plugins, users can create virtually any type of website, from simple blogs to complex e-commerce sites. Its user-friendly interface and robust community support further enhance its appeal for both beginners and experienced developers.

CONS

One aspect of WordPress that could be improved is its performance optimization. While WordPress itself is highly customizable, some themes and plugins may impact site speed and loading times, requiring careful selection and optimization efforts. Additionally, managing updates for themes, plugins, and the core software can sometimes be cumbersome.

Bogdan Alexandu

Automotive, 51-200 employees

WordPress

Maybe it has some flaws, but Wordpress as a content management system is the best on the market. Backed by the comunity it will always be secure and updated.

PROS

When it comes to customizability Wordpress is top notch. I can easyly update information on the website without any programing knowledge. When i think of Wordpress i think of many themes easy to install and customize, many plugins that helps with security, speed and SEO. The administration area of Wordpress is easy to use and intuitive, making updates on the website is easy and fast.

CONS

For best performance a good host (usually a little expensive) is needed.

Corinne

Marketing and Advertising, 2-10 employees

Reviewed June 2024

WordPress review including support quality

Very good whilst they had live chat. This was excellent. I was able to build a nice website. The support element is key for my business and their having withdrawn live chat for most of their packages has become a real issue.

PROS

WordPress is a good, solid tool for a website.

CONS

WordPress has withdrawn live chat for most packages. Be careful... Their support is now awful. It's done by bot or email. The bot often gives wrong answers and clearly can't help with specific issues. The email support often takes many hours for a response and if further questions are needed to resolve an issue it takes hours or days to try and get an answer. WordPress isn't always easy to use so the support element is important.

Reason for choosing WordPress

They offered live chat. Unfortunately, this is no longer available

Craig

Non-Profit Organization Management, 501-1,000 employees

Easy to Use. Great to Maintain

I came to this organization and worked on a refresher of our site. Everything that I wanted to do, I was able to do in WP easily. It's a great program and I look forward to using more in the future.

PROS

WordPress is very easy to use. Every system is a little bit different, but once I learn how to do something, it seems like it's second nature. Of the 3 different systems that I used, I prefer WordPress the most.

CONS

Sometimes the titles of the options on the left side don't mean what I think they mean. It's confusing at times but once I see what the option does, I know where I should have gone.

Reviewed October 2023

WordPress: Best for your work

Wordpress has made a position through its own ability and I think it is best and comfortable for user.

PROS

WordPress provides unlimited pages facility and it is user friendly software.

CONS

It’s security features which I like least. Authority should work more on it.

ADRIANO

Retail, 51-200 employees

It helped us to start

PROS

It was our first platform and it helped us to start our e-commerce.

CONS

As the years passed by, it became outdated.

Celine

Real Estate, 11-50 employees

Reviewed June 2024

A great what you see is what you get platform

PROS

Wordpress is great for anyone who doesn’t know html code. It’s a good visual platform for building content

CONS

Not everything is intuitive. There are some things that are very hard to find to make changes to.

Online Media, 2-10 employees

Reviewed May 2019

Low cost, highly customizable, web solution for organizations of all sizes.

Overall, for my needs and my ability to solve problems using the internet as my resource, my experience with Wordpress has been outstanding and I would highly recommend this as a website building solution to organizations of any size. The customization is excellent and the value for the price is unmatched.

PROS

Wordpress is an out-of-the-box blogging and website building platform which can be setup fully functional within minutes. More advanced users will enjoy the customization and flexibility the themes and plugins offer. For very little money you can create your own highly valuable website.

CONS

Your mileage may vary in regard to technical support for web server issues, themes, plugins, and other modular aspects of Wordpress. If you are unfamiliar with building websites, server setup and maintenance, and Wordpress maintenance, you may want to select a managed service instead of doing it yourself.

Reason for choosing WordPress

Wordpress provides the best value per dollar spent. It is scalable, customizable, and can be used by any organization needing a web presence.

Rebecca

Hospital & Health Care, 1 employee

Reviewed March 2020

Wordpress helps you build a professional looking website, without a pro.

Wordpress has been great in providing my business with a website that reflects me and my business. It takes a little bit of playing around to figure out how everything works, but once you do, it's easy to use and easy to keep your website fresh and updated. I would recommend Wordpress, especially for businesses and individuals that want to keep things professional.

PROS

Wordpress has so many pre-built designs and features that it makes it easy to build a website that looks professional and polished. When I was first designing my website, the process seemed overwhelming. The website templates that wordpress offered made it easy for me to test out different designs and then customize that design to my taste.

CONS

The interface can seem a little busy and cluttered before you get used to where everything is. There are a lot of notifications and updates that fill up the home page. I work best when design is minimal and simple, but once you know how to work with your website and pages, it's easy to ignore.

Reason for choosing WordPress

Wordpress had a more user-friendly and easier looking interface and design system than Squarespace and a more professional vibe than Wix.

Reasons for switching to WordPress

The interface of Weebly is easy to use, but I wanted a website builder for my business that is widely used in the professional community.

Ashton

Marketing and Advertising, 2-10 employees

Reviewed April 2020

A Must Use Platform

I have developed websites for almost 15 years and in that time I tried every WYSIWYG software out there and I can say without any doubt that Wordpress is my to-go platform for developing and designing websites. Having done Html coding, Wordpress is easy to understand and the ecosystem of plugins makes it even better when working on different projects. The availability of plugins seals the deal.

PROS

What I like the most about Wordpress is that I don't need to use a whole bunch of different themes because that would mean, learning new techniques to do the same things just because a developer decided to use unfamiliar software. I use the same theme for all my websites and but they are as unique as the project scopes. The development and design principals don't change too often.

CONS

One of the drawbacks of Wordpress is that it takes time for developers to identify and fix bugs when new releases are made, which may or may not be a huge disappointment. The beauty of Wordpress is that you can rollback to the previous working version of a theme or plugin and wait until all the bugs have been identified. The software has been the slow end of evolving and the newer WYSIWYG are doing amazing things.

Reason for choosing WordPress

I don't like drag and drop platforms, I still enjoy coding. Joomla was a mission to set up this was when it was still on version 1 so I didn't try it again.

Reasons for switching to WordPress

Coding was becoming too slow at producing results and efficiency. Non-dev guys could easily produce the same work in a few hours with little knowledge. Space was being taken over by the newbies.

Jerry (JJ)

Public Relations and Communications, 2-10 employees

Reviewed April 2020

The Early Media Moguls Dream

Overall Wordpress has helped me propel my business to new heights. Luckily I had help in figuring out things that were confusing at first, but overall I have been incredibly satisfied with the service from top to bottom.

PROS

The very best part of Wordpress is that you can start out for free. After doing so you quickly realize how much of an asset this product can be for you no matter what industry you’re in. The availability and ease of picking up domain names is second to none. Navigating the website and even designing it with their tools makes it incredibly convenient for the startup media team. It’s easy to publish on, has tools to take the thinking out of automatically sharing on all your platforms and hosts an array of options for your publishing benefit.

CONS

Least favorite is if you’re the type who needs constant human contact, you’re not going to find it here. It can be very difficult to get in touch with anyone on the support end and then getting to the right person can be a chore in and of itself.

Reasons for switching to WordPress

It was much, much, simpler and transparent. From design, interface, functionality and all the way to payment details and clarity of how that transpires.

Emir

Telecommunications, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed August 2020

Best way to make a webpage or more is to use Wordpress

Really great to use, simple yet scalable. I've seen solutions for small companies, and enterprise websites made with Wordpress. It is Swiss army knife for building Webpages. Since elementor plugin was released you don neet any HTML or PHP knowledge. Making websites becomes drag and drop puzzle.

PROS

When you type in Wordpress in google, youtube or bing in matter of seconds you get basic, advanced or ninja level tutorials how to make a webpage. When you learn basics (2-3 weeks) you can make decent webpages for allmost anybody. Superb plugin/theme and forum support make this product superior to any other product. I never encounter problem which i could not figure out with fer minutes or hours of googleing.

CONS

Usage depends on speed of hosting servers. I had different versions and different solutions implemented. I found out that 90% of problems are hosting related, other 10% is related for not buying some premium features.

Reason for choosing WordPress

User friendly, my colleuge is expert so i had someone to nag.

Less security issues