All Booker Reviews

Marissa

Company size: 11 - 50 employees

March 2022

I wish there was something better out there.

Janet

Get booked!

After using for over a year, I have grown accustomed to this software and probably will stay with it in the foreseeable future!

Pros

After using several booking software, this has been my go-to and preferred booking method for my cosmetic business. Sales tracking and inventory management are easy to monitor. The included POS system is easy to use as well and has been convenient!

Cons

Calendar compatibility is a con, however, I enjoy manually tracking within the software.

TONYA

Booker is a very useful tool in our Spa

Very pleased. We've been using it since day 1 in our Spa -6 years. Like I said before, really like the add-ons of [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], for Marketing; and [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], for never missing a call.

Pros

You can be very thorough in booking your appointments. Especially like the details tab where you can add notes for each client & can even scan pages into their account. Can easily see their appointments & past orders. We like the add ons to the software, as well - [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]

Cons

Sometimes, when you make a mistake, it's hard to back out of it, especially with payments. You just have to force other transactions to make the outcome that you needed in the first place.

Reasons for choosing Booker

Booker just seemed to be a better fit and a better value for our money, for what we needed in a booking system for a small operation.

Jeffrey

More disappointed than impressed

Poor experience. Sure, extra stuff was neat, but that's not what I got Booker for. We need a R E L I A B L E system. Not one that I have to always complain about. Oh, on that note, customer service wasn't helpful, but rather sarcastic and unprofessional. Extremely unhappy. The only time I actually had a decent experience was when I was cancelling. That was the most painless experience I had. The irony there.

Pros

The email marketing functionality and the reporting was great.

Cons

Beyond the email marketing functionality/analytical reporting, I am very disappointed. There is so much down-time with the software - unreliable. As a high volume, high end nail salon, we need to make sure that this cloud-based software is up 99% of the time, which was also their guarantee. During the busy summer months, the software would go down every other day. Absolutely unreliable. The user interface (UI) is so ugly compared to other modern softwares. There's a lag during the appointment bookings. Easy-of-use is a fail. Difficult to use as the software wasn't logically built. They probably need to rebuild from the ground up.

Reasons for choosing Booker

Meevo doesn't have a trial available. How can you trust a product that you cannot test drive? WTF? That's what I call garbage.

Reasons for switching to Booker

Fresha had a reliability issue as well, but on the user interface they were a 10/10. Easy to use. Modern. Many awesome features that we used frequently. If it wasn't for the reliable part, I still may use it.

Yiğit

October 2022

Booker Review

Pros

Tracking orders has never been this easy thanks to the mobile application. The interface is very high quality. It is a user friendly application.

Cons

Integrating with more tools may be much better for users, but still very useful.

Eileen

The Best Internal & External Solution

My customers of any age can book an appointment online, any time, day or night. My stylist can easily utilize the system to manage their own schedules, and include notes so the entire team is on the same page. There’s nothing to download and every answer can be found in the Help & Support section. When in doubt, we book ourself an appt and we have an internal lunch n learn and find ways to learn new tips and tricks that we’ve not encountered yet.

Pros

Dashboard Reporting, Website Integration

Cons

Zilch. It’s awesome and the customer service rules!

Reasons for choosing Booker

You pay for what you get and with Booker, I got everything I wanted. From internal clients and stylist notifications, to an integrated killer Point of Sale system, to website integration and google tracking analytics and marketing! It’s the best. You’d be a fool to not use Booker.

Michele

Great business partner

Pros

I really like how Booker allows clients to schedule on line and purchase gift certificates. Most clients love the ability to schedule on line.

Cons

It can be difficult to maneuver around in the settings.

Reasons for choosing Booker

I liked that people do not have to have an account to get in the site or to schedule a massage.

Reasons for switching to Booker

Because booker offered on line gift certificates.

Faith

Great to have

I was able to find an online booking system for clients to book at their convenience

Pros

I like that clients can easily navigate their way through the app. It’s easy for them with the categories they can see each service falls under

Cons

I wish I could add pictures so I can show clients what hairstyles they would be be getting. It’s always nice to have a visual

Reasons for choosing Booker

This was an easier alternative in terms of platform usage and navigation

Reasons for switching to Booker

I wanted something more seamless

Melissa

User Friendly and Reliable

Booker and team were great with helping me get this set up for our specific needs and marketing requirements. The whole process with Booker and the team helps us keep everything in one place. It's definitely a more seamless integration of the things we use the most. Their customer service and training were really terrific, too. We keep learning of more tools to help our practice grow every day!

Pros

This software makes booking appointments easy for customers and staff and helps us keep our practice organized.

Cons

It took a bit of time to get used to the new system, and it's a little bit more detailed to use than our other software. Once we got it tho, it's great!

Reasons for switching to Booker

We wanted a software system that was integrated with email marketing to reduce some of the staff workload and doubling up on back office systems.

Sydney

Industry: Cosmetics

Very efficient for our salon

Great and we will continue to use it for our salon

Pros

Everything is easily accessible, can have multiple accounts for managers and staff

Cons

Sometimes the system glitches or CC/cash amounts aren’t matching up with the POS system at the end of the work day.

Reasons for switching to Booker

Booker has easier ways to track incomes and add clients credit card info

Katie

Booker initially worked okay, but we are seeing progressively worsened issues with Version 2.

Pros

I do think the UI on the backend is easy and simple to use. I also like the ability to manage payroll, inventory, store CC securely to appointments/client profiles.

Cons

I am in the process of franchising my concept, Mylkbar, and am absolutely livid with the level of customer support and consistent lack of transparency. Coming from an enterprise software sales background, the companies I have worked for always were transparent with product roadmaps, glitches/bugs, and capabilities. Initially, Booker worked okay and we could live with the occasional kinks and glitches. Now, the issues are so bad that I spend 50% of my time dealing with Booker and am vetting other software that I may need to select to replace Booker. The primary concerns are as follows: 1) Poor integration with Clover. Do NOT GO ON BOOKER VERSION 2. It is not fully developed and has too many kinks. If you look at all of their enterprise, multi-location accounts (Drybar, Olive and June, Ten Over Ten, Blushington, etc) they are all on Version 1. Version 2 is riddled with glitches. We constantly have to hit the refresh button and clear the cache to ensure things run smoothly. That is NOT how cloud software is supposed to work. 2) Constant payment glitches. In the past month, we have over 10 instances with payment glitches. We have to then close out the transaction on the Clover and reconcile our books within Booker. This takes up an inordinate amount of time, frustrates my employees, and also costs me time and money if I have to get my bookkeeper involved. 3) Terrible UI for clients booking online. Clients can't select multiple services. They have to add a service to their cart, then go back to main page to select second service. This is also a MAJOR issue with group bookings, which account for a big chunk of our business. The group booking functionality in Version 2 is NONEXISTENT, therefore are phone rings ALL day with people asking how to book more than one person. 4) Version 2 is not supported in the Apple App Store. How did this even happen?! You introduce an app, which should be well vetted and readily available on your "newer" Version and then the app store declines it? Unreal. On top of this, Booker had a lot of Version 2 customers who had paid to develop/access the client facing app (like me) and just waited months with no response. 5) Terrible customer support. Booker's main clientele is the salon industry, yet customer support is not available on weekends?! What a joke. I was told support was available daily when I signed up. Expect 20 minute hold times for chat support. Then, Booker will create an incident ticket and act like you are the only client experiencing that issue and then never follow up. I have unresolved tickets still open from last July, 2017. 6) Total lack of transparency. I may decide to stick with Booker and pay for access to their APIor revert to Version 1 (which is so beyond ridiculous considering Version 2 *should* be better)... I have asked for details on the API and functionality, yet I have to upgrade my account FIRST and sign another contract?! At least the contracts are a 30 day back out... At least I am assuming that is the case. In short, I would not recommend Booker to anyone UNLESS they miraculously address these issues in the short term. My guess is that Booker is understaffed and underfunded. I think Booker bit off more than they could chew with Version 2. Just go and talk to any business using Booker (even those enterprise accounts) and they will happily share their experiences with you. Oh, and I have complained about all of the above to a Director of Product Development and their Director of Customer Support. After I got extremely angry and basically demanded a dedicated support rep, my voice is finally being *somewhat* heard, but I am still not satisfied. We just experienced another major payment glitch today. I am making my review public, so feel free to reach out to me via LinkedIn if you have questions.

Denise

Booker has been a life changer for me and my Therapeutic Massage Practice.

The ease and functionality for my clients to have my app on their phone for scheduling wherever they are, no matter what time of day or night it is. It's also a reminder for them to schedule when they see my app At a glance! The reminder notifications allows me to focus on servicing my clients instead of scheduling appts, and making confirmations calls every day.

Pros

I love the way Booker works directly with my web page. My clients and potential clients can book right from my web site, purchase gift certificates from the comfort of their homes or offices, and print them or email them right from their computer without having to come to my office. I am often in service with a client and don't have a lot of time to answer or return calls during my work day let alone meet people to hand deliver gift certificates. I don't have a receptionist or assistant to assist in these matters. I love the fact that I have my very own App to give to my clients so they can save ME to their phones and book on line any time of the day or night, without having to try to find me first. I'm just a click away. The best part is that after you set up your booker to work with your website, it just makes scheduling my clients appts soooo much easier. They get an email notification with Appt details and directions. Then an appt reminder 24 hrs before their Appt so they can click the confirm button, so I don't have to make confirmation calls the day before, then a text reminder notification 3 hours before their Appt which cuts down on no shows, and late cancellations. I love it!!

Cons

I have 2 locations and Booker does not have a place to differentiate either location. So when my clients book on line, there is no way of telling them which days I am at one location and which days I am at the other. So when they are looking at my open appts, they don't know which location they are booking for. This kind of takes my 5 star Status and brings it down to a 3 because this causes my clients much confusion when trying to book, and me soooo much stress, because what good is it if I always have to call them anyway when they are trying to schedule on line?? This defeats the whole purpose of online scheduling. This needs to be fixed and upgraded. Another thing. The mobile app is limited to its back of the house functionality. It's very easy to schedule appts, but looking up Gift Certificate numbers and entering them for payment after a client redeems them is time consuming and not user friendly. I also wish I had Email/ text Marketing built in so I could send my clients daily, weekly and monthly specials. There are days that I would love to send out a quick text telling my clients what time slots I have available. This would be soooooo easy since all of their contact info is already in the system. I would also like to see yearly reports and just imagine how great it would be if the accounting software was built right in! All in one place! Now that would make Booker the leader in the industry!

Response from Booker

Denise - Thank you for your review and the detail on why it's working so well for you and your clients. We'll share your feedback with the product team and if there's anything we can do to help, contact support@booker.com. We love hearing that you've cut down on cancellations and no shows! You rock! - The Booker Team

Replied August 2017

Connie

Keeping everyone on the same page

The survey section is really helpful to hear from clients on what we can add or change to make their experience the best it can be. The flexibility of having booker app on our phone lets us have everything we need at all times.

Pros

Booker is so great. Everyone of my staff has their own logins to look at their schedules at any time. My accounting department (that is in a different building) has access to check balances....my HR department can also access it to do payroll....making it easy for us all to stay on the same page of the business. At any time my GM can look at the dash board to see where we stand any any given time of the month. The clients love it because they can make appointments on line and they love the text reminders for their appointments. As the director I want to make sure clients are happy...I get feed back from surveys that let us know if we are doing things right or if we need to improve on things. Bookers Customer service used to be a little frustrating but I feel like they have really stepped it up lately. Thanks Booker for helping us do our job in a very efficient way!

Cons

I wish we could add specials or notes to certain days...their really isn’t any place for that. We end up putting notes in someone’s schedule so it shows up on the day...it works but not ideal.

He price point

Reasons for switching to Booker

The updates were getting out of control. Lots of glitches. I know mind body and booker are one now and I have no complaints.

Emily

Booker Review

We love Booker here at our spa. I love the features we use for creating yoga classes and memberships as well. It's very easy to use in that aspect. Scheduling appointments is a breeze and checking customers out couldn't be easier. I do wish there was a way to put notes onto gift card codes or under a customer's name so that if there is any confusion with an order or if someone gave their gift card to someone else, we could go back and see who they gave permission to use that gift card. Another thing that would be a great feature to add to Booker is the use of storing a client intake form on a client's file in the system. If we were able to take a photo of a signed client consent form with all of their information on it and upload it to Booker as a PDF file, it would be truly magical. Paper piles up... we would love to go digital :)

Pros

The ease of scheduling. It is simple to teach new people and services just pop up when you start typing them. I like that.

Cons

Sometimes the system can be a little bit slow. It is truly only difficult when there are lots of people waiting on you.

Response from Booker

Thank you for your excellent feedback Emily. We're thrilled that using Booker is working so well for your business. You can use the Document Storage feature to save information on clients as you mentioned in your review. If you have questions, please contact support@booker.com. Thank you for using Booker! - The Booker Team

Replied January 2017

Crystal

sub par. Booker is always breaking on the busiest days, unreliable.

Pros

Booker does help us with booking appointments. Our clients really enjoy online booking, however i saw there is going to be an update in the next week. I will be curious to see how quickly they ruin what already works...

Cons

something is always wrong with the software. dropping credit cards, dropping appointments. they took away simple features and moved them to its new Frederick site. as a long time customer, we felt this move was unprofessional. you have to pay so much extra for something as simple as text or appointment reminders. (a feature that used to be FREE). the busiest Fridays, they will do site maintenance and you will be very embarrassed in front of your clients. happens way too much.

Response from Booker

Crystal - Thank you so much for taking time out of your day to leave a review for Booker! We're so happy to hear that your clients enjoy our online booking features. We also want to thank you for providing constructive feedback on certain features that you feel are not working up to your standards. I will relay this information to our product development team so they are aware of the issues you are experiencing. We truly value your feedback and your business. Stay tuned for future updates - we're always evolving the product. Thank you! - The Booker Team

Replied February 2018